Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: CHAPTER 2 Siddha Muni Guides Namdharak  (Read 2704 times)

Offline JR

• Blessings 35
  • सांई की मीरा
    • Sai Baba
CHAPTER 2 Siddha Muni Guides Namdharak
« on: February 24, 2007, 12:47:32 AM »
  • Publish
  • Namdharak was greatly amazed to see the dream. He awoke and began to proceed further on his path. While going, he was all the time thinking over the dream, he had seen in the previous night. He now observed that a similar personality, alike that seen by him in the dream, was coming from the front. He prostrated himself in humility before him and said, "You are my mother and father Kirdly favour me, an orphan child. Kindly tell me your name and place of residence."

The Siddha Muni said, "I am a Yogi. I live on earth and in heaven also. I have been visiting holy places and now I have come here. I am a disciple of Shri Guru Narsinha Saraswati, who resides at Ganagapur near Sangam, the meeting place of the Bhima and Amaraja rivers. He is the incarnation of Trimurtis and is always found in meditation. He has come to this earth for the salvation of his devotees. His devotees get food, cows and other wealth in abundance "

Hearing this Namdharak asked him, "Though my forefathers have been devotees of Shri Guru for generations, Avhy should I be in such adverse conditions? Will you kindly satisfy me in this respect?"
    Shri Siddha said, "You say that you worship Shri Guru and yet complain of adversities. Then it seems that you are not worshipping Shri Guru wholeheartedly. Even if Shri Vishnu or Shri Shiva is angry with his devotee, Shri Guru can surely pro¬tect him. But if Shri Guru is enraged, even Shri Vishnu or Shiva cannot protect him."

Namdharak said, "Kindly tell me why Shri Guru is said to be the incarnation of Trimurtis - Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh. How is it that if Shri Guru is enraged none else can protect? Where can I find this reference? Kindly explain all this to me, so that my mind would become more firm in devotion".

Shri Siddha said, "Four Vedas came out as utterances of four headed Brahma. From the Vedas 18 Puranas were construed. Brahma Vaivarta is one of these and it is stated in it that in the Dwapar Yug, Vyas, the Vishnu incarnate, spread the light of knowledge on Earth, through such volumes known as Brahma Sutras. Rishies & Munis listened to the tales from Vyas, which I am narrating to you.

"Once upon a time, Kaliyug asked Brahma about the great¬ness of Shri Guru".

Namdharak intervened asking, "Why did Brahma narrate this to Kali?"

Shri Siddha proceeded saying, "In the state of devolution Adinarayan, Shri Vishnu was lying on a leaf of Vat. He desired and a lotus came out of his umbilicus. On it was seated Brahma, who looked to the four directions and he got four heads. He thought that he was all Supreme. Realising this Shri Vishnu smiled and said "Ah, I am here, bow to me". Brahma bowed to him and praised him. Being pleased Shri Vishnu asked Brahma to create this Universe. Shri Vishnu gave him four Vedas and also told him to create this world according to the process given in the Vedas.

Brahma then created this world, which has several animate and inanimate things such as :-

1)   Swedaj   :    those born of perspiration as bugs etc.
    2)   Andaj     :    those coming out of eggs as birds,
    3)   Jaraj : those begetting from placenta i. e womb as human beings and
    4)   Udbhij : i. e. coming out of Earth i. e. plants, creepers, trees etc. Similarly Brahma created three Lokas (Worlds). This process of creation has been stated in the Brahma Vaivarta Purana in the following manner :-

Brahma called every Yug one after the other and ask¬ed him to go on Earth. First came Krityug, who did not speak a lie, was learned and devoid of family attachments, had sacred thread and necklace of RudrakSha-beads around the neck. He said, "The people of Earth speak a lie, and are sinful How can I go and stay there? Brahma said, "Stay there for some time. I shall be sending another Yug to follow you".
    Then came Trcta Yug. Fat in body he possessed articles of sacrifice in his hands. In this Yug people performed sacrificies and abode by the rules of religions 0=W) and rituals (^T) and most of them were Brahmins.

After the Treta Yug, Dwapar Yug approached Brahma. He had arrows and other weapons in his hands. He was both kind and wicked. Virtue and sin were both visible in him.

Lastly Kali Yug was called for Ghost like appearance, thoughtless heart, old age, struggling and dispising mentality were his characteristics. He came before Brahma and began dancing and uttering childish words. At one moment he laughed, at another he wept and then would abuse anybody. Seeing him in such strange . mood, Brahma asked, "why are you naked and abusing so filthily?"

Kali replied, "I shall win over people by these two means. I am not afraid of anybody."

Brahma smiled and told him to go to the Earth and show the influence of his evil intentions.
    Kali said, "I am selfish, destroyer of Dharma, I like quarrel, dispising and I long for the wealth and wives of others. I am a friend to those who pretend to be a saint and I am an enemy of all the virtuous."

Brahma told him,"in Kaliyug, the span of life of the human beings would be only 100 years. In the former Yugas, as the life span was too long, people followed the path of penance and devotion in order to attain supreme knowledge. In Kaliyug, a man can attain salvation, by observing penance and devotion for less time. You should help such virtuous persons."

Kali said, "Such virtuous men are my enemies. I am afraid of such persons. How should I then go to the Earth?"

Brahma said, "Take Kal and Atma with you. They will destroy the religious mindedness and even induce virtuous persons to commit sins."

Kali said, "They are my enemies, who abide by the religion and are devotees of Vishnu and Shiva, who listen to Puranas, give charities and who have peaceful hearts. But on the contrary, I love those who love their wives and children, dishonour their parents, who dispise Vedas and Shastras, who see separateness in Vishnu and Shiva and despise them."

Brahma said, "You are clever. People will follow you and act as per your wishes as soon as you go triers. If a few persons are virtuous, you do not trouble them".

Kali said, "I am cruel. So please tell me how should I help the virtuous? Please direct me as to how I should behave on the earth".

Brahma said, "I am sending Kal and Atma also with you who will direct you. The virtuous only can win you, all others will soon be your slaves".

Kali asked, "How a Sadhu (Saint) is to be known?" Brahma said, "Please do not harass the learned and those who worship Harj, Har, who serve parents, Gods and Brahmins, cows and plants as Tulsi, you need not affect these".

Kali again asked, "What is the importance of Guru? How he is to be known?"

Brahma said 'Alphabet  (gu) means Siddha and R and U imply Shri Ganesh who is Guru. Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma, parents are all Gurus on this earth. Knowledge imbibed with devotion and rational thinking (Vivek) is seen in the heart of the Guru. Study of Dharma and Shastras without Guru is futile. He directs in action, thought, devotion and disintegration. One cannot surpass worldly miseries without the help and gui¬dance of a Guru. He throws a flash light on the dark illusion-ary path. Service to Guru makes one pure in body, speech and thinking. I shall just tell you a tale as an example.
    (to be continued )
    सबका मालिक एक - Sabka Malik Ek

Sai Baba | प्यारे से सांई बाबा कि सुन्दर सी वेबसाईट : http://www.shirdi-sai-baba.com
    Spiritual India | आध्य़ात्मिक भारत : http://www.spiritualindia.org
    Send Sai Baba eCard and Photos: http://gallery.spiritualindia.org
    Listen Sai Baba Bhajan: http://gallery.spiritualindia.org/audio/
    Spirituality: http://www.spiritualindia.org/wiki

Facebook Comments