Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Daily Hukamnama (From Siri Harmandir Sahib Amritsar)  (Read 590509 times)

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
Re: Daily Hukamnama (From Siri Harmandir Sahib Amritsar)
« Reply #1470 on: March 13, 2014, 08:40:43 AM »
  • Publish

सलोकु मः ३ ॥
    Shalok, Third Mehl:
    परथाइ साखी महा पुरख बोलदे साझी सगल जहानै ॥
    Great men speak the teachings by relating them to individual situations, but the whole world shares in them.
    गुरमुखि होइ सु भउ करे आपणा आपु पछाणै ॥
    One who becomes Gurmukh knows the Fear of God, and realizes his own self.
    गुर परसादी जीवतु मरै ता मन ही ते मनु मानै ॥
    If, by Guru's Grace, one remains dead while yet alive, the mind becomes content in itself.
    जिन कउ मन की परतीति नाही नानक से किआ कथहि गिआनै ॥१॥
    Those who have no faith in their own minds, O Nanak - how can they speak of spiritual wisdom? ||1||
    मः ३ ॥
    Third Mehl:
    गुरमुखि चितु न लाइओ अंति दुखु पहुता आइ ॥
    Those who do not focus their consciousness on the Lord, as Gurmukh, suffer pain and grief in the end.
    अंदरहु बाहरहु अंधिआं सुधि न काई पाइ ॥
    They are blind, inwardly and outwardly, and they do not understand anything.
    पंडित तिन की बरकती सभु जगतु खाइ जो रते हरि नाइ ॥
    O Pandit, O religious scholar, the whole world is fed for the sake of those who are attuned to the Lord's Name.
    जिन गुर कै सबदि सलाहिआ हरि सिउ रहे समाइ ॥
    Those who praise the Word of the Guru's Shabad, remain blended with the Lord.
    पंडित दूजै भाइ बरकति न होवई ना धनु पलै पाइ ॥
    O Pandit, O religious scholar, no one is satisfied, and no one finds true wealth through the love of duality.
    पड़ि थके संतोखु न आइओ अनदिनु जलत विहाइ ॥
    They have grown weary of reading scriptures, but still, they do not find contentment, and they pass their lives burning, night and day.
    कूक पूकार न चुकई ना संसा विचहु जाइ ॥
    Their cries and complaints never end, and doubt does not depart from within them.
    नानक नाम विहूणिआ मुहि कालै उठि जाइ ॥२॥
    O Nanak, without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, they rise up and depart with blackened faces. ||2||
    पउड़ी ॥
    Pauree:
    हरि सजण मेलि पिआरे मिलि पंथु दसाई ॥
    O Beloved, lead me to meet my True Friend; meeting with Him, I shall ask Him to show me the Path.
    जो हरि दसे मितु तिसु हउ बलि जाई ॥
    I am a sacrifice to that Friend, who shows it to me.
    गुण साझी तिन सिउ करी हरि नामु धिआई ॥
    I share His Virtues with Him, and meditate on the Lord's Name.
    हरि सेवी पिआरा नित सेवि हरि सुखु पाई ॥
    I serve my Beloved Lord forever; serving the Lord, I have found peace.
    बलिहारी सतिगुर तिसु जिनि सोझी पाई ॥१२॥
    I am a sacrifice to the True Guru, who has imparted this understanding to me. ||12||

[March 13, 2014, Thursday 05:15 AM. IST]  (Page: 647)
    om sai ram!
    Anant Koti Brahmand Nayak Raja Dhi Raj Yogi Raj, Para Brahma Shri Sachidanand Satguru Sri Sai Nath Maharaj !
    Budhihin Tanu Janike, Sumiro Pavan Kumar, Bal Budhi Vidhya Dehu Mohe, Harahu Kalesa Vikar !
    ........................  बाकी सब तो सपने है, बस साईं ही तेरे अपने है, साईं ही तेरे अपने है, साईं ही तेरे अपने है !!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1471 on: March 17, 2014, 02:37:27 AM »
  • Publish

वडहंसु महला ३ ॥
    Wadahans, Third Mehl:
    इहु सरीरु जजरी है इस नो जरु पहुचै आए ॥
    This body is frail; old age is overtaking it.
    गुरि राखे से उबरे होरु मरि जमै आवै जाए ॥
    Those who are protected by the Guru are saved, while others die, to be reincarnated; they continue coming and going.
    होरि मरि जमहि आवहि जावहि अंति गए पछुतावहि बिनु नावै सुखु न होई ॥
    Others die, to be reincarnated; they continue coming and going, and in the end, they depart regretfully. Without the Name, there is no peace.
    ऐथै कमावै सो फलु पावै मनमुखि है पति खोई ॥
    As one acts here, so does he obtain his rewards; the self-willed manmukh loses his honor.
    जम पुरि घोर अंधारु महा गुबारु ना तिथै भैण न भाई ॥
    In the City of Death, there is pitch darkness, and huge clouds of dust; neither sister nor brother is there.
    इहु सरीरु जजरी है इस नो जरु पहुचै आई ॥१॥
    This body is frail; old age is overtaking it. ||1||
    काइआ कंचनु तां थीऐ जां सतिगुरु लए मिलाए ॥
    The body becomes like gold, when the True Guru unites one with Himself.
    भ्रमु माइआ विचहु कटीऐ सचड़ै नामि समाए ॥
    Doubt and Maya have been removed from within me, and I am merged in the Naam, the True Name of the Lord.
    सचै नामि समाए हरि गुण गाए मिलि प्रीतम सुखु पाए ॥
    Merged in the True Name of the Lord, I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord; meeting my Beloved, I have found peace.
    सदा अनंदि रहै दिनु राती विचहु हंउमै जाए ॥
    I am in constant bliss, day and night; egotism has been dispelled from within me.
    जिनी पुरखी हरि नामि चितु लाइआ तिन कै हंउ लागउ पाए ॥
    I fall at the feet of those who enshrine the Naam within their consciousness.
    कांइआ कंचनु तां थीऐ जा सतिगुरु लए मिलाए ॥२॥
    The body becomes like gold, when the True Guru unites one with Himself. ||2||
    सो सचा सचु सलाहीऐ जे सतिगुरु देइ बुझाए ॥
    We truly praise the True Lord, when the True Guru imparts understanding.
    बिनु सतिगुर भरमि भुलाणीआ किआ मुहु देसनि आगै जाए ॥
    Without the True Guru, they are deluded by doubt; going to the world hereafter, what face will they display?
    किआ देनि मुहु जाए अवगुणि पछुताए दुखो दुखु कमाए ॥
    What face will they show, when they go there? They will regret and repent for their sins; their actions will bring them only pain and suffering.
    नामि रतीआ से रंगि चलूला पिर कै अंकि समाए ॥
    Those who are imbued with the Naam are dyed in the deep crimson color of the Lord's Love; they merge into the Being of their Husband Lord.
    तिसु जेवडु अवरु न सूझई किसु आगै कहीऐ जाए ॥
    I can conceive of no other as great as the Lord; unto whom should I go and speak?
    सो सचा सचु सलाहीऐ जे सतिगुरु देइ बुझाए ॥३॥
    We truly praise the True Lord, when the True Guru imparts understanding. ||3||
    जिनी सचड़ा सचु सलाहिआ हंउ तिन लागउ पाए ॥
    I fall at the feet of those who praise the Truest of the True.
    से जन सचे निरमले तिन मिलिआ मलु सभ जाए ॥
    Those humble beings are true, and immaculately pure; meeting them, all filth is washed off.
    तिन मिलिआ मलु सभ जाए सचै सरि नाए सचै सहजि सुभाए ॥
    Meeting them, all filth is washed off; bathing in the Pool of Truth, one becomes truthful, with intuitive ease.
    नामु निरंजनु अगमु अगोचरु सतिगुरि दीआ बुझाए ॥
    The True Guru has given me the realization of the Naam, the Immaculate Name of the Lord, the unfathomable, the imperceptible.
    अनदिनु भगति करहि रंगि राते नानक सचि समाए ॥
    Those who perform devotional worship to the Lord night and day, are imbued with His Love; O Nanak, they are absorbed in the True Lord.
    जिनी सचड़ा सचु धिआइआ हंउ तिन कै लागउ पाए ॥४॥४॥
    I fall at the feet of those who meditate on the Truest of the True. ||4||4||

[March 14, 2014, Friday 05:15 AM. IST]  (Page: 584)
    om sai ram!
    Anant Koti Brahmand Nayak Raja Dhi Raj Yogi Raj, Para Brahma Shri Sachidanand Satguru Sri Sai Nath Maharaj !
    Budhihin Tanu Janike, Sumiro Pavan Kumar, Bal Budhi Vidhya Dehu Mohe, Harahu Kalesa Vikar !
    ........................  बाकी सब तो सपने है, बस साईं ही तेरे अपने है, साईं ही तेरे अपने है, साईं ही तेरे अपने है !!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1472 on: March 17, 2014, 02:44:57 AM »
  • Publish

सूही महला ५ ॥
    Soohee, Fifth Mehl:
    अनिक बींग दास के परहरिआ ॥
    God covers the many shortcomings of His slaves.
    करि किरपा प्रभि अपना करिआ ॥१॥
    Granting His Mercy, God makes them His own. ||1||
    तुमहि छडाइ लीओ जनु अपना ॥
    You emancipate Your humble servant,
    उरझि परिओ जालु जगु सुपना ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    And rescue him from the noose of the world, which is just a dream. ||1||Pause||
    परबत दोख महा बिकराला ॥
    Even huge mountains of sin and corruption
    खिन महि दूरि कीए दइआला ॥२॥
    Are removed in an instant by the Merciful Lord. ||2||
    सोग रोग बिपति अति भारी ॥
    Sorrow, disease and the most terrible calamities
    दूरि भई जपि नामु मुरारी ॥३॥
    Are removed by meditating on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||3||
    द्रिसटि धारि लीनो लड़ि लाइ ॥
    Bestowing His Glance of Grace, He attaches us to the hem of His robe.
    हरि चरण गहे नानक सरणाइ ॥४॥२२॥२८॥
    Grasping the Lord's Feet, O Nanak, we enter His Sanctuary. ||4||22||28||

[March 15, 2014, Saturday 05:15 AM. IST]  (Page: 742)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1473 on: March 17, 2014, 03:20:33 AM »
  • Publish

वडहंसु महला ३ ॥
    Wadahans, Third Mehl:
    मन मेरिआ तू सदा सचु समालि जीउ ॥
    O my mind, contemplate the True Lord forever.
    आपणै घरि तू सुखि वसहि पोहि न सकै जमकालु जीउ ॥
    Dwell in peace in the home of your own self, and the Messenger of Death shall not touch you.
    कालु जालु जमु जोहि न साकै साचै सबदि लिव लाए ॥
    The noose of the Messenger of Death shall not touch you, when you embrace love for the True Word of the Shabad.
    सदा सचि रता मनु निरमलु आवणु जाणु रहाए ॥
    Ever imbued with the True Lord, the mind becomes immaculate, and its coming and going is ended.
    दूजै भाइ भरमि विगुती मनमुखि मोही जमकालि ॥
    The love of duality and doubt have ruined the self-willed manmukh, who is lured away by the Messenger of Death.
    कहै नानकु सुणि मन मेरे तू सदा सचु समालि ॥१॥
    Says Nanak, listen, O my mind: contemplate the True Lord forever. ||1||
    मन मेरिआ अंतरि तेरै निधानु है बाहरि वसतु न भालि ॥
    O my mind, the treasure is within you; do not search for it on the outside.
    जो भावै सो भुंचि तू गुरमुखि नदरि निहालि ॥
    Eat only that which is pleasing to the Lord, and as Gurmukh, receive the blessing of His Glance of Grace.
    गुरमुखि नदरि निहालि मन मेरे अंतरि हरि नामु सखाई ॥
    As Gurmukh, receive the blessing of His Glance of Grace, O my mind; the Name of the Lord, your help and support, is within you.
    मनमुख अंधुले गिआन विहूणे दूजै भाइ खुआई ॥
    The self-willed manmukhs are blind, and devoid of wisdom; they are ruined by the love of duality.
    बिनु नावै को छूटै नाही सभ बाधी जमकालि ॥
    Without the Name, no one is emancipated. All are bound by the Messenger of Death.
    नानक अंतरि तेरै निधानु है तू बाहरि वसतु न भालि ॥२॥
    O Nanak, the treasure is within you; do not search for it on the outside. ||2||
    मन मेरिआ जनमु पदारथु पाइ कै इकि सचि लगे वापारा ॥
    O my mind, obtaining the blessing of this human birth, some are engaged in the trade of Truth.
    सतिगुरु सेवनि आपणा अंतरि सबदु अपारा ॥
    They serve their True Guru, and the Infinite Word of the Shabad resounds within them.
    अंतरि सबदु अपारा हरि नामु पिआरा नामे नउ निधि पाई ॥
    Within them is the Infinite Shabad, and the Beloved Naam, the Name of the Lord; through the Naam, the nine treasures are obtained.
    मनमुख माइआ मोह विआपे दूखि संतापे दूजै पति गवाई ॥
    The self-willed manmukhs are engrossed in emotional attachment to Maya; they suffer in pain, and through duality, they lose their honor.
    हउमै मारि सचि सबदि समाणे सचि रते अधिकाई ॥
    But those who conquer their ego, and merge in the True Shabad, are totally imbued with Truth.
    नानक माणस जनमु दुल्मभु है सतिगुरि बूझ बुझाई ॥३॥
    O Nanak, it is so difficult to obtain this human life; the True Guru imparts this understanding. ||3||
    मन मेरे सतिगुरु सेवनि आपणा से जन वडभागी राम ॥
    O my mind, those who serve their True Guru are the most fortunate beings.
    जो मनु मारहि आपणा से पुरख बैरागी राम ॥
    Those who conquer their minds are beings of renunciation and detachment.
    से जन बैरागी सचि लिव लागी आपणा आपु पछाणिआ ॥
    They are beings of renunciation and detachment, who lovingly focus their consciousness on the True Lord; they realize and understand their own selves.
    मति निहचल अति गूड़ी गुरमुखि सहजे नामु वखाणिआ ॥
    Their intellect is steady, deep and profound; as Gurmukh, they naturally chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord.
    इक कामणि हितकारी माइआ मोहि पिआरी मनमुख सोइ रहे अभागे ॥
    Some are lovers of beautiful young women; emotional attachment to Maya is very dear to them. The unfortunate self-willed manmukhs remain asleep.
    नानक सहजे सेवहि गुरु अपणा से पूरे वडभागे ॥४॥३॥
    O Nanak, those who intuitively serve their Guru, have perfect destiny. ||4||3||

[March 16, 2014, Sunday 05:15 AM. IST]  (Page: 569)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1474 on: March 17, 2014, 03:26:43 AM »
  • Publish

सलोक मः ३ ॥
    Shalok, Third Mehl:
    दरवेसी को जाणसी विरला को दरवेसु ॥
    How rare is the dervish, the Saintly renunciate, who understands renunciation.
    जे घरि घरि हंढै मंगदा धिगु जीवणु धिगु वेसु ॥
    Cursed is the life, and cursed are the clothes, of one who wanders around, begging from door to door.
    जे आसा अंदेसा तजि रहै गुरमुखि भिखिआ नाउ ॥
    But, if he abandons hope and anxiety, and as Gurmukh receives the Name as his charity,
    तिस के चरन पखालीअहि नानक हउ बलिहारै जाउ ॥१॥
    Then Nanak washes his feet, and is a sacrifice to him. ||1||
    मः ३ ॥
    Third Mehl:
    नानक तरवरु एकु फलु दुइ पंखेरू आहि ॥
    O Nanak, the tree has one fruit, but two birds are perched upon it.
    आवत जात न दीसही ना पर पंखी ताहि ॥
    They are not seen coming or going; these birds have no wings.
    बहु रंगी रस भोगिआ सबदि रहै निरबाणु ॥
    One enjoys so many pleasures, while the other, through the Word of the Shabad, remains in Nirvaanaa.
    हरि रसि फलि राते नानका करमि सचा नीसाणु ॥२॥
    Imbued with the subtle essence of the fruit of the Lord's Name, O Nanak, the soul bears the True Insignia of God's Grace. ||2||
    पउड़ी ॥
    Pauree:
    आपे धरती आपे है राहकु आपि जमाइ पीसावै ॥
    He Himself is the field, and He Himself is the farmer. He Himself grows and grinds the corn.
    आपि पकावै आपि भांडे देइ परोसै आपे ही बहि खावै ॥
    He Himself cooks it, He Himself puts the food in the dishes, and He Himself sits down to eat.
    आपे जलु आपे दे छिंगा आपे चुली भरावै ॥
    He Himself is the water, He Himself gives the tooth-pick, and He Himself offers the mouthwash.
    आपे संगति सदि बहालै आपे विदा करावै ॥
    He Himself calls and seats the congregation, and He Himself bids them goodbye.
    जिस नो किरपालु होवै हरि आपे तिस नो हुकमु मनावै ॥६॥
    One whom the Lord Himself blesses with His Mercy - the Lord causes him to walk according to His Will. ||6||

[March 17th, 2014 - Monday 05:00 AM. IST]  (Page: 550)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1475 on: March 18, 2014, 03:52:06 AM »
  • Publish

सोरठि महला ५ घरु २ असटपदीआ
    Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl, Second House, Ashtapadees:
    ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
    One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
    पाठु पड़िओ अरु बेदु बीचारिओ निवलि भुअंगम साधे ॥
    They read scriptures, and contemplate the Vedas; they practice the inner cleansing techniques of Yoga, and control of the breath.
    पंच जना सिउ संगु न छुटकिओ अधिक अह्मबुधि बाधे ॥१॥
    But they cannot escape from the company of the five passions; they are increasingly bound to egotism. ||1||
    पिआरे इन बिधि मिलणु न जाई मै कीए करम अनेका ॥
    O Beloved, this is not the way to meet the Lord; I have performed these rituals so many times.
    हारि परिओ सुआमी कै दुआरै दीजै बुधि बिबेका ॥ रहाउ ॥
    I have collapsed, exhausted, at the Door of my Lord Master; I pray that He may grant me a discerning intellect. ||Pause||
    मोनि भइओ करपाती रहिओ नगन फिरिओ बन माही ॥
    One may remain silent and use his hands as begging bowls, and wander naked in the forest.
    तट तीरथ सभ धरती भ्रमिओ दुबिधा छुटकै नाही ॥२॥
    He may make pilgrimages to river banks and sacred shrines all over the world, but his sense of duality will not leave him. ||2||
    मन कामना तीरथ जाइ बसिओ सिरि करवत धराए ॥
    His mind's desires may lead him to go and dwell at sacred places of pilgrimage, and offer his head to be sawn off;
    मन की मैलु न उतरै इह बिधि जे लख जतन कराए ॥३॥
    But this will not cause the filth of his mind to depart, even though he may make thousands of efforts. ||3||
    कनिक कामिनी हैवर गैवर बहु बिधि दानु दातारा ॥
    He may give gifts of all sorts - gold, women, horses and elephants.
    अंन बसत्र भूमि बहु अरपे नह मिलीऐ हरि दुआरा ॥४॥
    He may make offerings of corn, clothes and land in abundance, but this will not lead him to the Lord's Door. ||4||
    पूजा अरचा बंदन डंडउत खटु करमा रतु रहता ॥
    He may remain devoted to worship and adoration, bowing his forehead to the floor, practicing the six religious rituals.
    हउ हउ करत बंधन महि परिआ नह मिलीऐ इह जुगता ॥५॥
    He indulges in egotism and pride, and falls into entanglements, but he does not meet the Lord by these devices. ||5||
    जोग सिध आसण चउरासीह ए भी करि करि रहिआ ॥
    He practices the eighty-four postures of Yoga, and acquires the supernatural powers of the Siddhas, but he gets tired of practicing these.
    वडी आरजा फिरि फिरि जनमै हरि सिउ संगु न गहिआ ॥६॥
    He lives a long life, but is reincarnated again and again; he has not met with the Lord. ||6||
    राज लीला राजन की रचना करिआ हुकमु अफारा ॥
    He may enjoy princely pleasures, and regal pomp and ceremony, and issue unchallenged commands.
    सेज सोहनी चंदनु चोआ नरक घोर का दुआरा ॥७॥
    He may lie on beautiful beds, perfumed with sandalwood oil, but this will led him only to the gates of the most horrible hell. ||7||
    हरि कीरति साधसंगति है सिरि करमन कै करमा ॥
    Singing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, is the highest of all actions.
    कहु नानक तिसु भइओ परापति जिसु पुरब लिखे का लहना ॥८॥
    Says Nanak, he alone obtains it, who is pre-destined to receive it. ||8||
    तेरो सेवकु इह रंगि माता ॥
    Your slave is intoxicated with this Love of Yours.
    भइओ क्रिपालु दीन दुख भंजनु हरि हरि कीरतनि इहु मनु राता ॥ रहाउ दूजा ॥१॥३॥
    The Destroyer of the pains of the poor has become merciful to me, and this mind is imbued with the Praises of the Lord, Har, Har. ||Second Pause||1||3||

[March 18th, 2014 - Tuesday 05:00 AM. IST]  (Page: 641)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1476 on: March 19, 2014, 01:23:24 AM »
  • Publish

बिलावलु महला ५ छंत
    Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl, Chhant:
    ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
    सखी आउ सखी वसि आउ सखी असी पिर का मंगलु गावह ॥
    Come, O my sisters, come, O my companions, and let us remain under the Lord's control. Let's sing the Songs of Bliss of our Husband Lord.
    तजि मानु सखी तजि मानु सखी मतु आपणे प्रीतम भावह ॥
    Renounce your pride, O my companions, renounce your egotistical pride, O my sisters, so that you may become pleasing to your Beloved.
    तजि मानु मोहु बिकारु दूजा सेवि एकु निरंजनो ॥
    Renounce pride, emotional attachment, corruption and duality, and serve the One Immaculate Lord.
    लगु चरण सरण दइआल प्रीतम सगल दुरत बिखंडनो ॥
    Hold tight to the Sanctuary of the Feet of the Merciful Lord, your Beloved, the Destroyer of all sins.
    होइ दास दासी तजि उदासी बहुड़ि बिधी न धावा ॥
    Be the slave of His slaves, forsake sorrow and sadness, and do not bother with other devices.
    नानकु पइअ्मपै करहु किरपा तामि मंगलु गावा ॥१॥
    Prays Nanak, O Lord, please bless me with Your Mercy, that I may sing Your songs of bliss. ||1||
    अम्रितु प्रिअ का नामु मै अंधुले टोहनी ॥
    The Ambrosial Naam, the Name of my Beloved, is like a cane to a blind man.
    ओह जोहै बहु परकार सुंदरि मोहनी ॥
    Maya seduces in so many ways, like a beautiful enticing woman.
    मोहनी महा बचित्रि चंचलि अनिक भाव दिखावए ॥
    This enticer is so incredibly beautiful and clever; she entices with countless suggestive gestures.
    होइ ढीठ मीठी मनहि लागै नामु लैण न आवए ॥
    Maya is stubborn and persistent; she seems so sweet to the mind, and then he does not chant the Naam.
    ग्रिह बनहि तीरै बरत पूजा बाट घाटै जोहनी ॥
    At home, in the forest, on the banks of sacred rivers, fasting, worshipping, on the roads and on the shore, she is spying.
    नानकु पइअ्मपै दइआ धारहु मै नामु अंधुले टोहनी ॥२॥
    Prays Nanak, please bless me with Your Kindness, Lord; I am blind, and Your Name is my cane. ||2||
    मोहि अनाथ प्रिअ नाथ जिउ जानहु तिउ रखहु ॥
    I am helpless and masterless; You, O my Beloved, are my Lord and Master. As it pleases You, so do You protect me.
    चतुराई मोहि नाहि रीझावउ कहि मुखहु ॥
    I have no wisdom or cleverness; what face should I put on to please You?
    नह चतुरि सुघरि सुजान बेती मोहि निरगुनि गुनु नही ॥
    I am not clever, skillful or wise; I am worthless, without any virtue at all.
    नह रूप धूप न नैण बंके जह भावै तह रखु तुही ॥
    I have no beauty or pleasing smell, no beautiful eyes. As it pleases You, please preserve me, O Lord.
    जै जै जइअ्मपहि सगल जा कउ करुणापति गति किनि लखहु ॥
    His victory is celebrated by all; how can I know the state of the Lord of Mercy?
    नानकु पइअ्मपै सेव सेवकु जिउ जानहु तिउ मोहि रखहु ॥३॥
    Prays Nanak, I am the servant of Your servants; as it pleases You, please preserve me. ||3||
    मोहि मछुली तुम नीर तुझ बिनु किउ सरै ॥
    I am the fish, and You are the water; without You, what can I do?
    मोहि चात्रिक तुम्ह बूंद त्रिपतउ मुखि परै ॥
    I am the rainbird, and You are the rain-drop; when it falls into my mouth, I am satisfied.
    मुखि परै हरै पिआस मेरी जीअ हीआ प्रानपते ॥
    When it falls into my mouth, my thirst is quenched; You are the Lord of my soul, my heart, my breath of life.
    लाडिले लाड लडाइ सभ महि मिलु हमारी होइ गते ॥
    Touch me, and caress me, O Lord, You are in all; let me meet You, so that I may be emancipated.
    चीति चितवउ मिटु अंधारे जिउ आस चकवी दिनु चरै ॥
    In my consciousness I remember You, and the darkness is dispelled, like the chakvi duck, which longs to see the dawn.
    नानकु पइअ्मपै प्रिअ संगि मेली मछुली नीरु न वीसरै ॥४॥
    Prays Nanak, O my Beloved, please unite me with Yourself; the fish never forgets the water. ||4||
    धनि धंनि हमारे भाग घरि आइआ पिरु मेरा ॥
    Blessed, blessed is my destiny; my Husband Lord has come into my home.
    सोहे बंक दुआर सगला बनु हरा ॥
    The gate of my mansion is so beautiful, and all my gardens are so green and alive.
    हर हरा सुआमी सुखह गामी अनद मंगल रसु घणा ॥
    My peace-giving Lord and Master has rejuvenated me, and blessed me with great joy, bliss and love.
    नवल नवतन नाहु बाला कवन रसना गुन भणा ॥
    My Young Husband Lord is eternally young, and His body is forever youthful; what tongue can I use to chant His Glorious Praises?
    मेरी सेज सोही देखि मोही सगल सहसा दुखु हरा ॥
    My bed is beautiful; gazing upon Him, I am fascinated, and all my doubts and pains are dispelled.
    नानकु पइअ्मपै मेरी आस पूरी मिले सुआमी अपर्मपरा ॥५॥१॥३॥
    Prays Nanak, my hopes are fulfilled; my Lord and Master is unlimited. ||5||1||3||

[March 19, 2014, Wednesday 05:00 AM. IST]  (Page: 847)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1477 on: March 24, 2014, 03:24:31 AM »
  • Publish

बिलावलु महला ५ ॥
    Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:
    सिमरत नामु कोटि जतन भए ॥
    Meditating on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is equal to millions of efforts.
    साधसंगि मिलि हरि गुन गाए जमदूतन कउ त्रास अहे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    Joining the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, and the Messenger of Death will be frightened away. ||1||Pause||
    जेते पुनहचरन से कीन्हे मनि तनि प्रभ के चरण गहे ॥
    To enshrine the Feet of God in one's mind and body, is to perform all sorts of acts of atonement.
    आवण जाणु भरमु भउ नाठा जनम जनम के किलविख दहे ॥१॥
    Coming and going, doubt and fear have run away, and the sins of countless incarnations are burnt away. ||1||
    निरभउ होइ भजहु जगदीसै एहु पदारथु वडभागि लहे ॥
    So become fearless, and vibrate upon the Lord of the Universe. This is true wealth, obtained only by great good fortune.
    करि किरपा पूरन प्रभ दाते निरमल जसु नानक दास कहे ॥२॥१७॥१०३॥
    Be merciful, O Perfect God, Great Giver, that slave Nanak may chant Your immaculate Praises. ||2||17||103||

[March 20, 2014, Thursday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 824)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1478 on: March 24, 2014, 03:30:10 AM »
  • Publish

सलोक ॥
    Shalok:
    रचंति जीअ रचना मात गरभ असथापनं ॥
    Creating the soul, the Lord places this creation in the womb of the mother.
    सासि सासि सिमरंति नानक महा अगनि न बिनासनं ॥१॥
    With each and every breath, it meditates in remembrance on the Lord, O Nanak; it is not consumed by the great fire. ||1||
    मुखु तलै पैर उपरे वसंदो कुहथड़ै थाइ ॥
    With its head down, and feet up, it dwells in that slimy place.
    नानक सो धणी किउ विसारिओ उधरहि जिस दै नाइ ॥२॥
    O Nanak, how could we forget the Master? Through His Name, we are saved. ||2||
    पउड़ी ॥
    Pauree:
    रकतु बिंदु करि निमिआ अगनि उदर मझारि ॥
    From egg and sperm, you were conceived, and placed in the fire of the womb.
    उरध मुखु कुचील बिकलु नरकि घोरि गुबारि ॥
    Head downwards, you abided restlessly in that dark, dismal, terrible hell.
    हरि सिमरत तू ना जलहि मनि तनि उर धारि ॥
    Remembering the Lord in meditation, you were not burnt; enshrine Him in your heart, mind and body.
    बिखम थानहु जिनि रखिआ तिसु तिलु न विसारि ॥
    In that treacherous place, He protected and preserved you; do not forget Him, even for an instant.
    प्रभ बिसरत सुखु कदे नाहि जासहि जनमु हारि ॥२॥
    Forgetting God, you shall never find peace; you shall forfeit your life, and depart. ||2||

[March 21, 2014, Friday 05:00 AM. IST]  (Page: 706)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1479 on: March 24, 2014, 03:38:14 AM »
  • Publish

सलोक मः १ ॥
    Shalok: First Mehl:
    सतिगुर भीखिआ देहि मै तूं सम्रथु दातारु ॥
    O True Guru, bless me with Your charity; You are the All-powerful Giver.
    हउमै गरबु निवारीऐ कामु क्रोधु अहंकारु ॥
    May I subdue and quiet my egotism, pride, sexual desire, anger and self-conceit.
    लबु लोभु परजालीऐ नामु मिलै आधारु ॥
    Burn away all my greed, and give me the Support of the Naam, the Name of the Lord.
    अहिनिसि नवतन निरमला मैला कबहूं न होइ ॥
    Day and night, keep me ever-fresh and new, spotless and pure; let me never be soiled by sin.
    नानक इह बिधि छुटीऐ नदरि तेरी सुखु होइ ॥१॥
    O Nanak, in this way I am saved; by Your Grace, I have found peace. ||1||
    मः १ ॥
    First Mehl:
    इको कंतु सबाईआ जिती दरि खड़ीआह ॥
    There is only the one Husband Lord, for all who stand at His Door.
    नानक कंतै रतीआ पुछहि बातड़ीआह ॥२॥
    O Nanak, they ask for news of their Husband Lord, from those who are imbued with His Love. ||2||
    मः १ ॥
    First Mehl:
    सभे कंतै रतीआ मै दोहागणि कितु ॥
    All are imbued with love for their Husband Lord; I am a discarded bride - what good am I?
    मै तनि अवगण एतड़े खसमु न फेरे चितु ॥३॥
    My body is filled with so many faults; my Lord and Master does not even turn His thoughts to me. ||3||
    मः १ ॥
    First Mehl:
    हउ बलिहारी तिन कउ सिफति जिना दै वाति ॥
    I am a sacrifice to those who praise the Lord with their mouths.
    सभि राती सोहागणी इक मै दोहागणि राति ॥४॥
    All the nights are for the happy soul-brides; I am a discarded bride - if only I could have even one night with Him! ||4||
    पउड़ी ॥
    Pauree:
    दरि मंगतु जाचै दानु हरि दीजै क्रिपा करि ॥
    I am a beggar at Your Door, begging for charity; O Lord, please grant me Your Mercy, and give to me.
    गुरमुखि लेहु मिलाइ जनु पावै नामु हरि ॥
    As Gurmukh, unite me, your humble servant, with You, that I may receive Your Name.
    अनहद सबदु वजाइ जोती जोति धरि ॥
    Then, the unstruck melody of the Shabad will vibrate and resound, and my light will blend with the Light.
    हिरदै हरि गुण गाइ जै जै सबदु हरि ॥
    Within my heart,I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord,and celebrate the Word of the Lord's Shabad.
    जग महि वरतै आपि हरि सेती प्रीति करि ॥१५॥
    The Lord Himself is pervading and permeating the world; so fall in love with Him! ||15||

[March 22, 2014, Saturday 05:00 AM. IST]  (Page: 790)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1480 on: March 24, 2014, 03:45:41 AM »
  • Publish

वडहंसु महला ३ ॥
    Wadahans, Third Mehl:
    इहु सरीरु जजरी है इस नो जरु पहुचै आए ॥
    This body is frail; old age is overtaking it.
    गुरि राखे से उबरे होरु मरि जमै आवै जाए ॥
    Those who are protected by the Guru are saved, while others die, to be reincarnated; they continue coming and going.
    होरि मरि जमहि आवहि जावहि अंति गए पछुतावहि बिनु नावै सुखु न होई ॥
    Others die, to be reincarnated; they continue coming and going, and in the end, they depart regretfully. Without the Name, there is no peace.
    ऐथै कमावै सो फलु पावै मनमुखि है पति खोई ॥
    As one acts here, so does he obtain his rewards; the self-willed manmukh loses his honor.
    जम पुरि घोर अंधारु महा गुबारु ना तिथै भैण न भाई ॥
    In the City of Death, there is pitch darkness, and huge clouds of dust; neither sister nor brother is there.
    इहु सरीरु जजरी है इस नो जरु पहुचै आई ॥१॥
    This body is frail; old age is overtaking it. ||1||
    काइआ कंचनु तां थीऐ जां सतिगुरु लए मिलाए ॥
    The body becomes like gold, when the True Guru unites one with Himself.
    भ्रमु माइआ विचहु कटीऐ सचड़ै नामि समाए ॥
    Doubt and Maya have been removed from within me, and I am merged in the Naam, the True Name of the Lord.
    सचै नामि समाए हरि गुण गाए मिलि प्रीतम सुखु पाए ॥
    Merged in the True Name of the Lord, I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord; meeting my Beloved, I have found peace.
    सदा अनंदि रहै दिनु राती विचहु हंउमै जाए ॥
    I am in constant bliss, day and night; egotism has been dispelled from within me.
    जिनी पुरखी हरि नामि चितु लाइआ तिन कै हंउ लागउ पाए ॥
    I fall at the feet of those who enshrine the Naam within their consciousness.
    कांइआ कंचनु तां थीऐ जा सतिगुरु लए मिलाए ॥२॥
    The body becomes like gold, when the True Guru unites one with Himself. ||2||
    सो सचा सचु सलाहीऐ जे सतिगुरु देइ बुझाए ॥
    We truly praise the True Lord, when the True Guru imparts understanding.
    बिनु सतिगुर भरमि भुलाणीआ किआ मुहु देसनि आगै जाए ॥
    Without the True Guru, they are deluded by doubt; going to the world hereafter, what face will they display?
    किआ देनि मुहु जाए अवगुणि पछुताए दुखो दुखु कमाए ॥
    What face will they show, when they go there? They will regret and repent for their sins; their actions will bring them only pain and suffering.
    नामि रतीआ से रंगि चलूला पिर कै अंकि समाए ॥
    Those who are imbued with the Naam are dyed in the deep crimson color of the Lord's Love; they merge into the Being of their Husband Lord.
    तिसु जेवडु अवरु न सूझई किसु आगै कहीऐ जाए ॥
    I can conceive of no other as great as the Lord; unto whom should I go and speak?
    सो सचा सचु सलाहीऐ जे सतिगुरु देइ बुझाए ॥३॥
    We truly praise the True Lord, when the True Guru imparts understanding. ||3||
    जिनी सचड़ा सचु सलाहिआ हंउ तिन लागउ पाए ॥
    I fall at the feet of those who praise the Truest of the True.
    से जन सचे निरमले तिन मिलिआ मलु सभ जाए ॥
    Those humble beings are true, and immaculately pure; meeting them, all filth is washed off.
    तिन मिलिआ मलु सभ जाए सचै सरि नाए सचै सहजि सुभाए ॥
    Meeting them, all filth is washed off; bathing in the Pool of Truth, one becomes truthful, with intuitive ease.
    नामु निरंजनु अगमु अगोचरु सतिगुरि दीआ बुझाए ॥
    The True Guru has given me the realization of the Naam, the Immaculate Name of the Lord, the unfathomable, the imperceptible.
    अनदिनु भगति करहि रंगि राते नानक सचि समाए ॥
    Those who perform devotional worship to the Lord night and day, are imbued with His Love; O Nanak, they are absorbed in the True Lord.
    जिनी सचड़ा सचु धिआइआ हंउ तिन कै लागउ पाए ॥४॥४॥
    I fall at the feet of those who meditate on the Truest of the True. ||4||4||

[March 23, 2014, Sunday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 584)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1481 on: March 24, 2014, 04:03:40 AM »
  • Publish

रागु आसा महला ३ पटी
    Raag Aasaa, Third Mehl, Patee - The Alphabet:
    ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
    अयो अंङै सभु जगु आइआ काखै घंङै कालु भइआ ॥
    Ayo, Angai: The whole world which was created - Kaahkai, Ghangai: It shall pass away.
    रीरी लली पाप कमाणे पड़ि अवगण गुण वीसरिआ ॥१॥
    Reeree, Laalee: People commit sins, and falling into vice, forget virtue. ||1||
    मन ऐसा लेखा तूं की पड़िआ ॥
    O mortal, why have you studied such an account,
    लेखा देणा तेरै सिरि रहिआ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    Which shall call you to answer for payment? ||1||Pause||
    सिधंङाइऐ सिमरहि नाही नंनै ना तुधु नामु लइआ ॥
    Sidhan, Ngaayiyai: You do not remember the Lord. Nanna: You do not take the Lord's Name.
    छछै छीजहि अहिनिसि मूड़े किउ छूटहि जमि पाकड़िआ ॥२॥
    Chhachha: You are wearing away, every night and day; you fool, how will you find release? You are held in the grip of death. ||2||
    बबै बूझहि नाही मूड़े भरमि भुले तेरा जनमु गइआ ॥
    Babba: You do not understand, you fool; deluded by doubt, you are wasting your life.
    अणहोदा नाउ धराइओ पाधा अवरा का भारु तुधु लइआ ॥३॥
    Without justification, you call yourself a teacher; thus you take on the loads of others. ||3||
    जजै जोति हिरि लई तेरी मूड़े अंति गइआ पछुतावहिगा ॥
    Jajja: You have been robbed of your Light, you fool; in the end, you shall have to depart, and you shall regret and repent.
    एकु सबदु तूं चीनहि नाही फिरि फिरि जूनी आवहिगा ॥४॥
    You have not remembered the One Word of the Shabad, and so you shall have to enter the womb over and over again. ||4||
    तुधु सिरि लिखिआ सो पड़ु पंडित अवरा नो न सिखालि बिखिआ ॥
    Read that which is written on your forehead, O Pandit, and do not teach wickedness to others.
    पहिला फाहा पइआ पाधे पिछो दे गलि चाटड़िआ ॥५॥
    First, the teacher is tied down, and then, the noose is placed around the pupil's neck. ||5||
    ससै संजमु गइओ मूड़े एकु दानु तुधु कुथाइ लइआ ॥
    Sassa: You have lost your self-discipline, you fool, and you have accepted an offering under false pretenses.
    साई पुत्री जजमान की सा तेरी एतु धानि खाधै तेरा जनमु गइआ ॥६॥
    The daughter of the alms-giver is just like your own; by accepting this payment for performing the wedding ceremony, you have cursed your own life. ||6||
    ममै मति हिरि लई तेरी मूड़े हउमै वडा रोगु पइआ ॥
    Mamma: You have been cheated out your intellect, you fool, and you are afflicted with the great disease of ego.
    अंतर आतमै ब्रहमु न चीन्हिआ माइआ का मुहताजु भइआ ॥७॥
    Within your innermost self, you do not recognize God, and you compromise yourself for the sake of Maya. ||7||
    ककै कामि क्रोधि भरमिओहु मूड़े ममता लागे तुधु हरि विसरिआ ॥
    Kakka: You wander around in sexual desire and anger, you fool; attached to possessiveness, you have forgotten the Lord.
    पड़हि गुणहि तूं बहुतु पुकारहि विणु बूझे तूं डूबि मुआ ॥८॥
    You read, and reflect, and proclaim out loud, but without understanding, you are drowned to death. ||8||
    ततै तामसि जलिओहु मूड़े थथै थान भरिसटु होआ ॥
    Tatta: In anger, you are burnt, you fool. T'hat'ha: That place where you live, is cursed.
    घघै घरि घरि फिरहि तूं मूड़े ददै दानु न तुधु लइआ ॥९॥
    Ghagha: You go begging from door to door, you fool. Dadda: But still, you do not receive the gift. ||9||
    पपै पारि न पवही मूड़े परपंचि तूं पलचि रहिआ ॥
    Pappa: You shall not be able to swim across, you fool, since you are engrossed in worldly affairs.
    सचै आपि खुआइओहु मूड़े इहु सिरि तेरै लेखु पइआ ॥१०॥
    The True Lord Himself has ruined you, you fool; this is the destiny written on your forehead. ||10||
    भभै भवजलि डुबोहु मूड़े माइआ विचि गलतानु भइआ ॥
    Bhabha: You have drowned in the terrifying world-ocean, you fool, and you have become engrossed in Maya.
    गुर परसादी एको जाणै एक घड़ी महि पारि पइआ ॥११॥
    One who comes to know the One Lord, by Guru's Grace, is carried across in an instant. ||11||
    ववै वारी आईआ मूड़े वासुदेउ तुधु वीसरिआ ॥
    Wawa: Your turn has come, you fool, but you have forgotten the Lord of Light.
    एह वेला न लहसहि मूड़े फिरि तूं जम कै वसि पइआ ॥१२॥
    This opportunity shall not come again, you fool; you shall fall under the power of the Messenger of Death. ||12||
    झझै कदे न झूरहि मूड़े सतिगुर का उपदेसु सुणि तूं विखा ॥
    Jhajha: You shall never have to regret and repent, you fool, if you listen to the Teachings of the True Guru, for even an instant.
    सतिगुर बाझहु गुरु नही कोई निगुरे का है नाउ बुरा ॥१३॥
    Without the True Guru, there is no Guru at all; one who is without a Guru has a bad reputation. ||13||
    धधै धावत वरजि रखु मूड़े अंतरि तेरै निधानु पइआ ॥
    Dhadha: Restrain your wandering mind, you fool; deep within you the treasure is to be found.
    गुरमुखि होवहि ता हरि रसु पीवहि जुगा जुगंतरि खाहि पइआ ॥१४॥
    When one becomes Gurmukh, then he drinks in the sublime essence of the Lord; throughout the ages, he continues to drink it in. ||14||
    गगै गोबिदु चिति करि मूड़े गली किनै न पाइआ ॥
    Gagga: Keep the Lord of the Universe in your mind, you fool; by mere words, no one has ever attained Him.
    गुर के चरन हिरदै वसाइ मूड़े पिछले गुनह सभ बखसि लइआ ॥१५॥
    Enshrine the Guru's feet within your heart, you fool, and all your past sins shall be forgiven. ||15||
    हाहै हरि कथा बूझु तूं मूड़े ता सदा सुखु होई ॥
    Haha: Understand the Lord's Sermon, you fool; only then shall you attain eternal peace.
    मनमुखि पड़हि तेता दुखु लागै विणु सतिगुर मुकति न होई ॥१६॥
    The more the self-willed manmukhs read, the more pain they suffer. Without the True Guru, liberation is not obtained. ||16||
    रारै रामु चिति करि मूड़े हिरदै जिन्ह कै रवि रहिआ ॥
    Rarra: Center your consciousness on the Lord, you fool; abide with those whose hearts are filled with the Lord.
    गुर परसादी जिन्ही रामु पछाता निरगुण रामु तिन्ही बूझि लहिआ ॥१७॥
    By Guru's Grace, those who recognize the Lord, understand the absolute Lord. ||17||
    तेरा अंतु न जाई लखिआ अकथु न जाई हरि कथिआ ॥
    Your limits cannot be known; the indescribable Lord cannot be described.
    नानक जिन्ह कउ सतिगुरु मिलिआ तिन्ह का लेखा निबड़िआ ॥१८॥१॥२॥
    O Nanak, whose who have met the True Guru, have their accounts settled. ||18||1||2||

[March 24th, 2014 - Monday 05:00 AM. IST]  (Page: 434)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1482 on: March 25, 2014, 04:04:29 AM »
  • Publish

बिहागड़ा महला ४ ॥
    Bihaagraa, Fourth Mehl:
    हउ बलिहारी तिन्ह कउ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जिन्ह हरि हरि नामु अधारो राम ॥
    I am a sacrifice, O my soul, to those who take the Support of the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.
    गुरि सतिगुरि नामु द्रिड़ाइआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए बिखु भउजलु तारणहारो राम ॥
    The Guru, the True Guru, implanted the Name within me, O my soul, and He has carried me across the terrifying world-ocean of poison.
    जिन इक मनि हरि धिआइआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए तिन संत जना जैकारो राम ॥
    Those who have meditated one-pointedly on the Lord, O my soul - I proclaim the Victory of those saintly beings.
    नानक हरि जपि सुखु पाइआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए सभि दूख निवारणहारो राम ॥१॥
    Nanak has found peace, meditating on the Lord, O my soul; the Lord is the Destroyer of all pain. ||1||
    सा रसना धनु धंनु है मेरी जिंदुड़ीए गुण गावै हरि प्रभ केरे राम ॥
    Blessed, blessed is that tongue, O my soul, which sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord God.
    ते स्रवन भले सोभनीक हहि मेरी जिंदुड़ीए हरि कीरतनु सुणहि हरि तेरे राम ॥
    Sublime and splendid are those ears, O my soul, which listen to the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises.
    सो सीसु भला पवित्र पावनु है मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जो जाइ लगै गुर पैरे राम ॥
    Sublime, pure and pious is that head, O my soul, which falls at the Guru's Feet.
    गुर विटहु नानकु वारिआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जिनि हरि हरि नामु चितेरे राम ॥२॥
    Nanak is a sacrifice to that Guru, O my soul; the Guru has placed the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, in my mind. ||2||
    ते नेत्र भले परवाणु हहि मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जो साधू सतिगुरु देखहि राम ॥
    Blessed and approved are those eyes, O my soul, which gaze upon the Holy True Guru.
    ते हसत पुनीत पवित्र हहि मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जो हरि जसु हरि हरि लेखहि राम ॥
    Sacred and sanctified are those hands, O my soul, which write the Praises of the Lord, Har, Har.
    तिसु जन के पग नित पूजीअहि मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जो मारगि धरम चलेसहि राम ॥
    I worship continually the feet of that humble being, O my soul, who walks on the Path of Dharma - the path of righteousness.
    नानकु तिन विटहु वारिआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए हरि सुणि हरि नामु मनेसहि राम ॥३॥
    Nanak is a sacrifice to those, O my soul, who hear of the Lord, and believe in the Lord's Name. ||3||
    धरति पातालु आकासु है मेरी जिंदुड़ीए सभ हरि हरि नामु धिआवै राम ॥
    The earth, the nether regions of the underworld, and the Akaashic ethers, O my soul, all meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.
    पउणु पाणी बैसंतरो मेरी जिंदुड़ीए नित हरि हरि हरि जसु गावै राम ॥
    Wind, water and fire, O my soul, continually sing the Praises of the Lord, Har, Har, Har.
    वणु त्रिणु सभु आकारु है मेरी जिंदुड़ीए मुखि हरि हरि नामु धिआवै राम ॥
    The woods, the meadows and the whole world, O my soul, chant with their mouths the Lord's Name, and meditate on the Lord.
    नानक ते हरि दरि पैन्हाइआ मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जो गुरमुखि भगति मनु लावै राम ॥४॥४॥
    O Nanak, one who, as Gurmukh, focuses his consciousness on the Lord's devotional worship - O my soul, he is robed in honor in the Court of the Lord. ||4||4||

[March 25, 2014, Tuesday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 539)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1483 on: April 10, 2014, 03:00:16 AM »
  • Publish

सोरठि महला ५ घरु २ असटपदीआ
    Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl, Second House, Ashtapadees:
    ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
    पाठु पड़िओ अरु बेदु बीचारिओ निवलि भुअंगम साधे ॥
    They read scriptures, and contemplate the Vedas; they practice the inner cleansing techniques of Yoga, and control of the breath.
    पंच जना सिउ संगु न छुटकिओ अधिक अह्मबुधि बाधे ॥१॥
    But they cannot escape from the company of the five passions; they are increasingly bound to egotism. ||1||
    पिआरे इन बिधि मिलणु न जाई मै कीए करम अनेका ॥
    O Beloved, this is not the way to meet the Lord; I have performed these rituals so many times.
    हारि परिओ सुआमी कै दुआरै दीजै बुधि बिबेका ॥ रहाउ ॥
    I have collapsed, exhausted, at the Door of my Lord Master; I pray that He may grant me a discerning intellect. ||Pause||
    मोनि भइओ करपाती रहिओ नगन फिरिओ बन माही ॥
    One may remain silent and use his hands as begging bowls, and wander naked in the forest.
    तट तीरथ सभ धरती भ्रमिओ दुबिधा छुटकै नाही ॥२॥
    He may make pilgrimages to river banks and sacred shrines all over the world, but his sense of duality will not leave him. ||2||
    मन कामना तीरथ जाइ बसिओ सिरि करवत धराए ॥
    His mind's desires may lead him to go and dwell at sacred places of pilgrimage, and offer his head to be sawn off;
    मन की मैलु न उतरै इह बिधि जे लख जतन कराए ॥३॥
    But this will not cause the filth of his mind to depart, even though he may make thousands of efforts. ||3||
    कनिक कामिनी हैवर गैवर बहु बिधि दानु दातारा ॥
    He may give gifts of all sorts - gold, women, horses and elephants.
    अंन बसत्र भूमि बहु अरपे नह मिलीऐ हरि दुआरा ॥४॥
    He may make offerings of corn, clothes and land in abundance, but this will not lead him to the Lord's Door. ||4||
    पूजा अरचा बंदन डंडउत खटु करमा रतु रहता ॥
    He may remain devoted to worship and adoration, bowing his forehead to the floor, practicing the six religious rituals.
    हउ हउ करत बंधन महि परिआ नह मिलीऐ इह जुगता ॥५॥
    He indulges in egotism and pride, and falls into entanglements, but he does not meet the Lord by these devices. ||5||
    जोग सिध आसण चउरासीह ए भी करि करि रहिआ ॥
    He practices the eighty-four postures of Yoga, and acquires the supernatural powers of the Siddhas, but he gets tired of practicing these.
    वडी आरजा फिरि फिरि जनमै हरि सिउ संगु न गहिआ ॥६॥
    He lives a long life, but is reincarnated again and again; he has not met with the Lord. ||6||
    राज लीला राजन की रचना करिआ हुकमु अफारा ॥
    He may enjoy princely pleasures, and regal pomp and ceremony, and issue unchallenged commands.
    सेज सोहनी चंदनु चोआ नरक घोर का दुआरा ॥७॥
    He may lie on beautiful beds, perfumed with sandalwood oil, but this will led him only to the gates of the most horrible hell. ||7||
    हरि कीरति साधसंगति है सिरि करमन कै करमा ॥
    Singing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, is the highest of all actions.
    कहु नानक तिसु भइओ परापति जिसु पुरब लिखे का लहना ॥८॥
    Says Nanak, he alone obtains it, who is pre-destined to receive it. ||8||
    तेरो सेवकु इह रंगि माता ॥
    Your slave is intoxicated with this Love of Yours.
    भइओ क्रिपालु दीन दुख भंजनु हरि हरि कीरतनि इहु मनु राता ॥ रहाउ दूजा ॥१॥३॥
    The Destroyer of the pains of the poor has become merciful to me, and this mind is imbued with the Praises of the Lord, Har, Har. ||Second Pause||1||3||

[April 10, 2014, Thursday 05:00 AM. IST]  (Page: 641)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1484 on: April 11, 2014, 09:09:57 AM »
  • Publish

बिहागड़ा महला ५ छंत ॥
    Bihaagraa, Fifth Mehl, Chhant:
    सुनहु बेनंतीआ सुआमी मेरे राम ॥
    Listen to my prayer, O my Lord and Master.
    कोटि अप्राध भरे भी तेरे चेरे राम ॥
    I am filled with millions of sins, but still, I am Your slave.
    दुख हरन किरपा करन मोहन कलि कलेसह भंजना ॥
    O Destroyer of pain, Bestower of Mercy, Fascinating Lord, Destroyer of sorrow and strife,
    सरनि तेरी रखि लेहु मेरी सरब मै निरंजना ॥
    I have come to Your Sanctuary; please preserve my honor. You are all-pervading, O Immaculate Lord.
    सुनत पेखत संगि सभ कै प्रभ नेरहू ते नेरे ॥
    He hears and beholds all; God is with us, the nearest of the near.
    अरदासि नानक सुनि सुआमी रखि लेहु घर के चेरे ॥१॥
    O Lord and Master, hear Nanak's prayer; please save the servants of Your household. ||1||
    तू समरथु सदा हम दीन भेखारी राम ॥
    You are eternal and all-powerful; I am a mere beggar, Lord.
    माइआ मोहि मगनु कढि लेहु मुरारी राम ॥
    I am intoxicated with the love of Maya - save me, Lord!
    लोभि मोहि बिकारि बाधिओ अनिक दोख कमावने ॥
    Bound down by greed, emotional attachment and corruption, I have made so many mistakes.
    अलिपत बंधन रहत करता कीआ अपना पावने ॥
    The creator is both attached and detached from entanglements; one obtains the fruits of his own actions.
    करि अनुग्रहु पतित पावन बहु जोनि भ्रमते हारी ॥
    Show kindness to me, O Purifier of sinners; I am so tired of wandering through reincarnation.
    बिनवंति नानक दासु हरि का प्रभ जीअ प्रान अधारी ॥२॥
    Prays Nanak, I am the slave of the Lord; God is the Support of my soul, and my breath of life. ||2||
    तू समरथु वडा मेरी मति थोरी राम ॥
    You are great and all-powerful; my understanding is so inadequate, O Lord.
    पालहि अकिरतघना पूरन द्रिसटि तेरी राम ॥
    You cherish even the ungrateful ones; Your Glance of Grace is perfect, Lord.
    अगाधि बोधि अपार करते मोहि नीचु कछू न जाना ॥
    Your wisdom is unfathomable, O Infinite Creator. I am lowly, and I know nothing.
    रतनु तिआगि संग्रहन कउडी पसू नीचु इआना ॥
    Forsaking the jewel, I have saved the shell; I am a lowly, ignorant beast.
    तिआगि चलती महा चंचलि दोख करि करि जोरी ॥
    I have kept that which forsakes me, and is very fickle, continually committing sins, again and again.
    नानक सरनि समरथ सुआमी पैज राखहु मोरी ॥३॥
    Nanak seeks Your Sanctuary, Almighty Lord and Master; please, preserve my honor. ||3||
    जा ते वीछुड़िआ तिनि आपि मिलाइआ राम ॥
    I was separated from Him, and now, He has united me with Himself.
    साधू संगमे हरि गुण गाइआ राम ॥
    In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.
    गुण गाइ गोविद सदा नीके कलिआण मै परगट भए ॥
    Singing the Praises of the Lord of the Universe, the ever-sublime blissful Lord is revealed to me.
    सेजा सुहावी संगि प्रभ कै आपणे प्रभ करि लए ॥
    My bed is adorned with God; my God has made me His own.
    छोडि चिंत अचिंत होए बहुड़ि दूखु न पाइआ ॥
    Abandoning anxiety, I have become carefree, and I shall not suffer in pain any longer.
    नानक दरसनु पेखि जीवे गोविंद गुण निधि गाइआ ॥४॥५॥८॥
    Nanak lives by beholding the Blessed Vision of His Darshan, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe, the ocean of excellence. ||4||5||8||

[April 11th, 2014 - Friday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 547)
    om sai ram!

Facebook Comments