Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Daily Hukamnama (From Siri Harmandir Sahib Amritsar)  (Read 596920 times)

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
Re: Daily Hukamnama (From Siri Harmandir Sahib Amritsar)
« Reply #1980 on: August 19, 2015, 12:59:23 AM »
  • Publish

सलोकु मः ३ ॥
    Shalok, Third Mehl:
    सूहवीए सूहा वेसु छडि तू ता पिर लगी पिआरु ॥
    O red-robed woman, discard your red dress, and then, you shall come to love your Husband Lord.
    सूहै वेसि पिरु किनै न पाइओ मनमुखि दझि मुई गावारि ॥
    By wearing her red dress, no one has found her Husband Lord; the self-willed manmukh is burnt to death.
    सतिगुरि मिलिऐ सूहा वेसु गइआ हउमै विचहु मारि ॥
    Meeting the True Guru, she discards her red dress, and eradicates egotism from within.
    मनु तनु रता लालु होआ रसना रती गुण सारि ॥
    Her mind and body are imbued with the deep red color of His Love, and her tongue is imbued, singing His Praises and excellences.
    सदा सोहागणि सबदु मनि भै भाइ करे सीगारु ॥
    She becomes His soul-bride forever, with the Word of the Shabad in her mind; she makes the Fear of God and the Love of God her ornaments and decorations.
    नानक करमी महलु पाइआ पिरु राखिआ उर धारि ॥१॥
    O Nanak, by His Merciful Grace, she obtains the Mansion of the Lord's Presence, and keeps Him enshrined in her heart. ||1||
    मः ३ ॥
    Third Mehl:
    मुंधे सूहा परहरहु लालु करहु सीगारु ॥
    O bride, forsake your red dress, and decorate yourself with the crimson color of His Love.
    आवण जाणा वीसरै गुर सबदी वीचारु ॥
    Your comings and goings shall be forgotten, contemplating the Word of the Guru's Shabad.
    मुंध सुहावी सोहणी जिसु घरि सहजि भतारु ॥
    The soul-bride is adorned and beautiful; the Celestial Lord, her Husband, abides in her home.
    नानक सा धन रावीऐ रावे रावणहारु ॥२॥
    O Nanak, the bride ravishes and enjoys Him; and He, the Ravisher, ravishes and enjoys her. ||2||
    पउड़ी ॥
    Pauree:
    मोहु कूड़ु कुट्मबु है मनमुखु मुगधु रता ॥
    The foolish, self-willed manmukh is engrossed in false attachment to family.
    हउमै मेरा करि मुए किछु साथि न लिता ॥
    Practicing egotism and self-conceit, he dies and departs, taking nothing along with him.
    सिर उपरि जमकालु न सुझई दूजै भरमिता ॥
    He does not understand that the Messenger of Death is hovering over his head; he is deluded by duality.
    फिरि वेला हथि न आवई जमकालि वसि किता ॥
    This opportunity will not come into his hands again; the Messenger of Death will seize him.
    जेहा धुरि लिखि पाइओनु से करम कमिता ॥५॥
    He acts according to his pre-ordained destiny. ||5||

[August 19, 2015, Wednesday 04:45 AM. IST] (Page: 786)
    om sai ram!
    Anant Koti Brahmand Nayak Raja Dhi Raj Yogi Raj, Para Brahma Shri Sachidanand Satguru Sri Sai Nath Maharaj !
    Budhihin Tanu Janike, Sumiro Pavan Kumar, Bal Budhi Vidhya Dehu Mohe, Harahu Kalesa Vikar !
    ........................  बाकी सब तो सपने है, बस साईं ही तेरे अपने है, साईं ही तेरे अपने है, साईं ही तेरे अपने है !!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1981 on: August 20, 2015, 07:47:49 AM »
  • Publish

सोरठि महला ५ घरु २ असटपदीआ
    Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl, Second House, Ashtapadees:
    ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
    One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
    पाठु पड़िओ अरु बेदु बीचारिओ निवलि भुअंगम साधे ॥
    They read scriptures, and contemplate the Vedas; they practice the inner cleansing techniques of Yoga, and control of the breath.
    पंच जना सिउ संगु न छुटकिओ अधिक अह्मबुधि बाधे ॥१॥
    But they cannot escape from the company of the five passions; they are increasingly bound to egotism. ||1||
    पिआरे इन बिधि मिलणु न जाई मै कीए करम अनेका ॥
    O Beloved, this is not the way to meet the Lord; I have performed these rituals so many times.
    हारि परिओ सुआमी कै दुआरै दीजै बुधि बिबेका ॥ रहाउ ॥
    I have collapsed, exhausted, at the Door of my Lord Master; I pray that He may grant me a discerning intellect. ||Pause||
    मोनि भइओ करपाती रहिओ नगन फिरिओ बन माही ॥
    One may remain silent and use his hands as begging bowls, and wander naked in the forest.
    तट तीरथ सभ धरती भ्रमिओ दुबिधा छुटकै नाही ॥२॥
    He may make pilgrimages to river banks and sacred shrines all over the world, but his sense of duality will not leave him. ||2||
    मन कामना तीरथ जाइ बसिओ सिरि करवत धराए ॥
    His mind's desires may lead him to go and dwell at sacred places of pilgrimage, and offer his head to be sawn off;
    मन की मैलु न उतरै इह बिधि जे लख जतन कराए ॥३॥
    But this will not cause the filth of his mind to depart, even though he may make thousands of efforts. ||3||
    कनिक कामिनी हैवर गैवर बहु बिधि दानु दातारा ॥
    He may give gifts of all sorts - gold, women, horses and elephants.
    अंन बसत्र भूमि बहु अरपे नह मिलीऐ हरि दुआरा ॥४॥
    He may make offerings of corn, clothes and land in abundance, but this will not lead him to the Lord's Door. ||4||
    पूजा अरचा बंदन डंडउत खटु करमा रतु रहता ॥
    He may remain devoted to worship and adoration, bowing his forehead to the floor, practicing the six religious rituals.
    हउ हउ करत बंधन महि परिआ नह मिलीऐ इह जुगता ॥५॥
    He indulges in egotism and pride, and falls into entanglements, but he does not meet the Lord by these devices. ||5||
    जोग सिध आसण चउरासीह ए भी करि करि रहिआ ॥
    He practices the eighty-four postures of Yoga, and acquires the supernatural powers of the Siddhas, but he gets tired of practicing these.
    वडी आरजा फिरि फिरि जनमै हरि सिउ संगु न गहिआ ॥६॥
    He lives a long life, but is reincarnated again and again; he has not met with the Lord. ||6||
    राज लीला राजन की रचना करिआ हुकमु अफारा ॥
    He may enjoy princely pleasures, and regal pomp and ceremony, and issue unchallenged commands.
    सेज सोहनी चंदनु चोआ नरक घोर का दुआरा ॥७॥
    He may lie on beautiful beds, perfumed with sandalwood oil, but this will led him only to the gates of the most horrible hell. ||7||
    हरि कीरति साधसंगति है सिरि करमन कै करमा ॥
    Singing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, is the highest of all actions.
    कहु नानक तिसु भइओ परापति जिसु पुरब लिखे का लहना ॥८॥
    Says Nanak, he alone obtains it, who is pre-destined to receive it. ||8||
    तेरो सेवकु इह रंगि माता ॥
    Your slave is intoxicated with this Love of Yours.
    भइओ क्रिपालु दीन दुख भंजनु हरि हरि कीरतनि इहु मनु राता ॥ रहाउ दूजा ॥१॥३॥
    The Destroyer of the pains of the poor has become merciful to me, and this mind is imbued with the Praises of the Lord, Har, Har. ||Second Pause||1||3||

[August 20, 2015, Thursday 04:45 AM. IST] (Page: 786)
    om sai ram!
    Anant Koti Brahmand Nayak Raja Dhi Raj Yogi Raj, Para Brahma Shri Sachidanand Satguru Sri Sai Nath Maharaj !
    Budhihin Tanu Janike, Sumiro Pavan Kumar, Bal Budhi Vidhya Dehu Mohe, Harahu Kalesa Vikar !
    ........................  बाकी सब तो सपने है, बस साईं ही तेरे अपने है, साईं ही तेरे अपने है, साईं ही तेरे अपने है !!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1982 on: August 21, 2015, 12:38:48 AM »
  • Publish

सोरठि महला १ ॥
    Sorat'h, First Mehl:
    जिन्ही सतिगुरु सेविआ पिआरे तिन्ह के साथ तरे ॥
    Those who serve the True Guru, O Beloved, their companions are saved as well.
    तिन्हा ठाक न पाईऐ पिआरे अम्रित रसन हरे ॥
    No one blocks their way, O Beloved, and the Lord's Ambrosial Nectar is on their tongue.
    बूडे भारे भै बिना पिआरे तारे नदरि करे ॥१॥
    Without the Fear of God, they are so heavy that they sink and drown, O Beloved; but the Lord, casting His Glance of Grace, carries them across. ||1||
    भी तूहै सालाहणा पिआरे भी तेरी सालाह ॥
    I ever praise You, O Beloved, I ever sing Your Praises.
    विणु बोहिथ भै डुबीऐ पिआरे कंधी पाइ कहाह ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    Without the boat, one is drowned in the sea of fear, O Beloved; how can I reach the distant shore? ||1||Pause||
    सालाही सालाहणा पिआरे दूजा अवरु न कोइ ॥
    I praise the Praiseworthy Lord, O Beloved; there is no other one to praise.
    मेरे प्रभ सालाहनि से भले पिआरे सबदि रते रंगु होइ ॥
    Those who praise my God are good, O Beloved; they are imbued with the Word of the Shabad, and His Love.
    तिस की संगति जे मिलै पिआरे रसु लै ततु विलोइ ॥२॥
    If I join them, O Beloved, I can churn the essence and so find joy. ||2||
    पति परवाना साच का पिआरे नामु सचा नीसाणु ॥
    The gateway to honor is Truth, O Beloved; it bears the Insignia of the True Name of the Lord.
    आइआ लिखि लै जावणा पिआरे हुकमी हुकमु पछाणु ॥
    We come into the world, and we depart, with our destiny written and pre-ordained, O Beloved; realize the Command of the Commander.
    गुर बिनु हुकमु न बूझीऐ पिआरे साचे साचा ताणु ॥३॥
    Without the Guru, this Command is not understood, O Beloved; True is the Power of the True Lord. ||3||
    हुकमै अंदरि निमिआ पिआरे हुकमै उदर मझारि ॥
    By His Command, we are conceived, O Beloved, and by His Command, we grow in the womb.
    हुकमै अंदरि जमिआ पिआरे ऊधउ सिर कै भारि ॥
    By His Command, we are born, O Beloved, head-first, and upside-down.
    गुरमुखि दरगह जाणीऐ पिआरे चलै कारज सारि ॥४॥
    The Gurmukh is honored in the Court of the Lord, O Beloved; he departs after resolving his affairs. ||4||
    हुकमै अंदरि आइआ पिआरे हुकमे जादो जाइ ॥
    By His Command, one comes into the world, O Beloved, and by His Will, he goes.
    हुकमे बंन्हि चलाईऐ पिआरे मनमुखि लहै सजाइ ॥
    By His Will, some are bound and gagged and driven away, O Beloved; the self-willed manmukhs suffer their punishment.
    हुकमे सबदि पछाणीऐ पिआरे दरगह पैधा जाइ ॥५॥
    By His Command, the Word of the Shabad, is realized, O Beloved, and one goes to the Court of the Lord robed in honor. ||5||
    हुकमे गणत गणाईऐ पिआरे हुकमे हउमै दोइ ॥
    By His Command, some accounts are accounted for, O Beloved; by His Command, some suffer in egotism and duality.
    हुकमे भवै भवाईऐ पिआरे अवगणि मुठी रोइ ॥
    By His Command, one wanders in reincarnation, O Beloved; deceived by sins and demerits, he cries out in his suffering.
    हुकमु सिञापै साह का पिआरे सचु मिलै वडिआई होइ ॥६॥
    If he comes to realize the Command of the Lord's Will, O Beloved, then he is blessed with Truth and Honor. ||6||
    आखणि अउखा आखीऐ पिआरे किउ सुणीऐ सचु नाउ ॥
    It is so difficult to speak it, O Beloved; how can we speak, and hear, the True Name?
    जिन्ही सो सालाहिआ पिआरे हउ तिन्ह बलिहारै जाउ ॥
    I am a sacrifice to those who praise the Lord, O Beloved.
    नाउ मिलै संतोखीआं पिआरे नदरी मेलि मिलाउ ॥७॥
    I have obtained the Name, and I am satisfied, O Beloved; by His Grace, I am united in His Union. ||7||
    काइआ कागदु जे थीऐ पिआरे मनु मसवाणी धारि ॥
    If my body were to become the paper, O Beloved, and my mind the inkpot;
    ललता लेखणि सच की पिआरे हरि गुण लिखहु वीचारि ॥
    And if my tongue became the pen, O Beloved, I would write, and contemplate, the Glorious Praises of the True Lord.
    धनु लेखारी नानका पिआरे साचु लिखै उरि धारि ॥८॥३॥
    Blessed is that scribe, O Nanak, who writes the True Name, and enshrines it within his heart. ||8||3||

[August 21, 2015, Friday 04:45 AM. IST] (Page: 636)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1983 on: August 22, 2015, 05:44:50 AM »
  • Publish

सूही महला ५ ॥
    Soohee, Fifth Mehl:
    करम धरम पाखंड जो दीसहि तिन जमु जागाती लूटै ॥
    The religious rites, rituals and hypocrisies which are seen, are plundered by the Messenger of Death, the ultimate tax collector.
    निरबाण कीरतनु गावहु करते का निमख सिमरत जितु छूटै ॥१॥
    In the state of Nirvaanaa, sing the Kirtan of the Creator's Praises; contemplating Him in meditation, even for an instant, one is saved. ||1||
    संतहु सागरु पारि उतरीऐ ॥
    O Saints, cross over the world-ocean.
    जे को बचनु कमावै संतन का सो गुर परसादी तरीऐ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    One who practices the Teachings of the Saints, by Guru's Grace, is carried across. ||1||Pause||
    कोटि तीरथ मजन इसनाना इसु कलि महि मैलु भरीजै ॥
    Millions of cleansing baths at sacred shrines of pilgrimage only fill the mortal with filth in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga.
    साधसंगि जो हरि गुण गावै सो निरमलु करि लीजै ॥२॥
    One who sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, becomes spotlessly pure. ||2||
    बेद कतेब सिम्रिति सभि सासत इन्ह पड़िआ मुकति न होई ॥
    One may read all the books of the Vedas, the Bible, the Simritees and the Shaastras, but they will not bring liberation.
    एकु अखरु जो गुरमुखि जापै तिस की निरमल सोई ॥३॥
    One who, as Gurmukh, chants the One Word, acquires a spotlessly pure reputation. ||3||
    खत्री ब्राहमण सूद वैस उपदेसु चहु वरना कउ साझा ॥
    The four castes - the Kh'shaatriyas, Brahmins, Soodras and Vaishyas - are equal in respect to the teachings.
    गुरमुखि नामु जपै उधरै सो कलि महि घटि घटि नानक माझा ॥४॥३॥५०॥
    One who, as Gurmukh, chants the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is saved. In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, O Nanak, God is permeating the hearts of each and every being. ||4||3||50||

[August 22nd, 2015 - Saturday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 747)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1984 on: August 27, 2015, 04:22:34 AM »
  • Publish

सलोक ॥
    Shalok:
    संत उधरण दइआलं आसरं गोपाल कीरतनह ॥
    The Merciful Lord is the Savior of the Saints; their only support is to sing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises.
    निरमलं संत संगेण ओट नानक परमेसुरह ॥१॥
    One becomes immaculate and pure, by associating with the Saints, O Nanak, and taking the Protection of the Transcendent Lord. ||1||
    चंदन चंदु न सरद रुति मूलि न मिटई घांम ॥
    The burning of the heart is not dispelled at all, by sandalwood paste, the moon, or the cold season.
    सीतलु थीवै नानका जपंदड़ो हरि नामु ॥२॥
    It only becomes cool, O Nanak, by chanting the Name of the Lord. ||2||
    पउड़ी ॥
    Pauree:
    चरन कमल की ओट उधरे सगल जन ॥
    Through the Protection and Support of the Lord's lotus feet, all beings are saved.
    सुणि परतापु गोविंद निरभउ भए मन ॥
    Hearing of the Glory of the Lord of the Universe, the mind becomes fearless.
    तोटि न आवै मूलि संचिआ नामु धन ॥
    Nothing at all is lacking, when one gathers the wealth of the Naam.
    संत जना सिउ संगु पाईऐ वडै पुन ॥
    The Society of the Saints is obtained, by very good deeds.
    आठ पहर हरि धिआइ हरि जसु नित सुन ॥१७॥
    Twenty-four hours a day, meditate on the Lord, and listen continually to the Lord's Praises. ||17||

[August 23, 2015 - Sunday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 709)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1985 on: August 27, 2015, 04:28:20 AM »
  • Publish

देवगंधारी ॥
    Dayv-Gandhaaree:
    मन जिउ अपुने प्रभ भावउ ॥
    O my mind, act as it pleases God.
    नीचहु नीचु नीचु अति नान्हा होइ गरीबु बुलावउ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    Become the lowest of the low, the very least of the tiny, and speak in utmost humility. ||1||Pause||
    अनिक अड्मबर माइआ के बिरथे ता सिउ प्रीति घटावउ ॥
    The many ostentatious shows of Maya are useless; I withhold my love from these.
    जिउ अपुनो सुआमी सुखु मानै ता महि सोभा पावउ ॥१॥
    As something pleases my Lord and Master, in that I find my glory. ||1||
    दासन दास रेणु दासन की जन की टहल कमावउ ॥
    I am the slave of His slaves; becoming the dust of the feet of his slaves, I serve His humble servants.
    सरब सूख बडिआई नानक जीवउ मुखहु बुलावउ ॥२॥५॥
    I obtain all peace and greatness, O Nanak, living to chant His Name with my mouth. ||2||5||

[August 24, 2015 - Monday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 529)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1986 on: August 27, 2015, 04:32:11 AM »
  • Publish

सलोकु मः ३ ॥
    Shalok, Third Mehl:
    सूहै वेसि कामणि कुलखणी जो प्रभ छोडि पर पुरख धरे पिआरु ॥
    The red-robed bride is vicious; she forsakes God, and cultivates love for another man.
    ओसु सीलु न संजमु सदा झूठु बोलै मनमुखि करम खुआरु ॥
    She has neither modesty or self-discipline; the self-willed manmukh constantly tells lies, and is ruined by the bad karma of evil deeds.
    जिसु पूरबि होवै लिखिआ तिसु सतिगुरु मिलै भतारु ॥
    She who has such pre-ordained destiny, obtains the True Guru has her Husband.
    सूहा वेसु सभु उतारि धरे गलि पहिरै खिमा सीगारु ॥
    She discards all her red dresses, and wears the ornaments of mercy and forgiveness around her neck.
    पेईऐ साहुरै बहु सोभा पाए तिसु पूज करे सभु सैसारु ॥
    In this world and the next, she receives great honor, and the whole world worships her.
    ओह रलाई किसै दी ना रलै जिसु रावे सिरजनहारु ॥
    She who is enjoyed by her Creator Lord stands out, and does not blend in with the crowd.
    नानक गुरमुखि सदा सुहागणी जिसु अविनासी पुरखु भरतारु ॥१॥
    O Nanak, the Gurmukh is the happy soul-bride forever; she has the Imperishable Lord God as her Husband. ||1||
    मः १ ॥
    First Mehl:
    सूहा रंगु सुपनै निसी बिनु तागे गलि हारु ॥
    The red color is like a dream in the night; it is like a necklace without a string.
    सचा रंगु मजीठ का गुरमुखि ब्रहम बीचारु ॥
    The Gurmukhs take on the permanent color, contemplating the Lord God.
    नानक प्रेम महा रसी सभि बुरिआईआ छारु ॥२॥
    O Nanak, with the supreme sublime essence of the Lord's Love, all sins and evil deeds are turned to ashes. ||2||
    पउड़ी ॥
    Pauree:
    इहु जगु आपि उपाइओनु करि चोज विडानु ॥
    He Himself created this world, and staged this wondrous play.
    पंच धातु विचि पाईअनु मोहु झूठु गुमानु ॥
    Into the body of the five elements, He infused attachment, falsehood and self-conceit.
    आवै जाइ भवाईऐ मनमुखु अगिआनु ॥
    The ignorant, self-willed manmukh comes and goes, wandering in reincarnation.
    इकना आपि बुझाइओनु गुरमुखि हरि गिआनु ॥
    He Himself teaches some to become Gurmukh, through the spiritual wisdom of the Lord.
    भगति खजाना बखसिओनु हरि नामु निधानु ॥४॥
    He blesses them with the treasure of devotional worship, and the wealth of the Lord's Name. ||4||

[August 25, 2015 - Tuesday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 786)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1987 on: August 27, 2015, 04:35:33 AM »
  • Publish

जैतसरी महला ५ घरु ३ दुपदे
    Jaitsree, Fifth Mehl, Third House, Du-Padas:
    ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
    देहु संदेसरो कहीअउ प्रिअ कहीअउ ॥
    Give me a message from my Beloved - tell me, tell me!
    बिसमु भई मै बहु बिधि सुनते कहहु सुहागनि सहीअउ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    I am wonder-struck, hearing the many reports of Him; tell them to me, O my happy sister soul-brides. ||1||Pause||
    को कहतो सभ बाहरि बाहरि को कहतो सभ महीअउ ॥
    Some say that He is beyond the world - totally beyond it, while others say that He is totally within it.
    बरनु न दीसै चिहनु न लखीऐ सुहागनि साति बुझहीअउ ॥१॥
    His color cannot be seen, and His pattern cannot be discerned. O happy soul-brides, tell me the truth! ||1||
    सरब निवासी घटि घटि वासी लेपु नही अलपहीअउ ॥
    He is pervading everywhere, and He dwells in each and every heart; He is not stained - He is unstained.
    नानकु कहत सुनहु रे लोगा संत रसन को बसहीअउ ॥२॥१॥२॥
    Says Nanak, listen, O people: He dwells upon the tongues of the Saints. ||2||1||2||

[August 26, 2015 - Wednesday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 700)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1988 on: August 27, 2015, 04:39:19 AM »
  • Publish

रागु सूही महला १ कुचजी
    Raag Soohee, First Mehl, Kuchajee ~ The Ungraceful Bride:
    ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
    मंञु कुचजी अमावणि डोसड़े हउ किउ सहु रावणि जाउ जीउ ॥
    I am ungraceful and ill-mannered, full of endless faults. How can I go to enjoy my Husband Lord?
    इक दू इकि चड़ंदीआ कउणु जाणै मेरा नाउ जीउ ॥
    Each of His soul-brides is better than the rest - who even knows my name?
    जिन्ही सखी सहु राविआ से अ्मबी छावड़ीएहि जीउ ॥
    Those brides who enjoy their Husband Lord are very blessed, resting in the shade of the mango tree.
    से गुण मंञु न आवनी हउ कै जी दोस धरेउ जीउ ॥
    I do not have their virtue - who can I blame for this?
    किआ गुण तेरे विथरा हउ किआ किआ घिना तेरा नाउ जीउ ॥
    Which of Your Virtues, O Lord, should I speak of? Which of Your Names should I chant?
    इकतु टोलि न अ्मबड़ा हउ सद कुरबाणै तेरै जाउ जीउ ॥
    I cannot even reach one of Your Virtues. I am forever a sacrifice to You.
    सुइना रुपा रंगुला मोती तै माणिकु जीउ ॥
    Gold, silver, pearls and rubies are pleasing.
    से वसतू सहि दितीआ मै तिन्ह सिउ लाइआ चितु जीउ ॥
    My Husband Lord has blessed me with these things, and I have focused my thoughts on them.
    मंदर मिटी संदड़े पथर कीते रासि जीउ ॥
    Palaces of brick and mud are built and decorated with stones;
    हउ एनी टोली भुलीअसु तिसु कंत न बैठी पासि जीउ ॥
    I have been fooled by these decorations, and I do not sit near my Husband Lord.
    अ्मबरि कूंजा कुरलीआ बग बहिठे आइ जीउ ॥
    The cranes shriek overhead in the sky, and the herons have come to rest.
    सा धन चली साहुरै किआ मुहु देसी अगै जाइ जीउ ॥
    The bride has gone to her father-in-law's house; in the world hereafter, what face will she show?
    सुती सुती झालु थीआ भुली वाटड़ीआसु जीउ ॥
    She kept sleeping as the day dawned; she forgot all about her journey.
    तै सह नालहु मुतीअसु दुखा कूं धरीआसु जीउ ॥
    She separated herself from her Husband Lord, and now she suffers in pain.
    तुधु गुण मै सभि अवगणा इक नानक की अरदासि जीउ ॥
    Virtue is in You, O Lord; I am totally without virtue. This is Nanak's only prayer:
    सभि राती सोहागणी मै डोहागणि काई राति जीउ ॥१॥
    You give all Your nights to the virtuous soul-brides. I know I am unworthy, but isn't there a night for me as well? ||1||

[August 27, 2015, Thursday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 762)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1989 on: August 28, 2015, 06:04:43 AM »
  • Publish

टोडी महला ५ ॥
    Todee, Fifth Mehl:
    हरि बिसरत सदा खुआरी ॥
    Forgetting the Lord, one is ruined forever.
    ता कउ धोखा कहा बिआपै जा कउ ओट तुहारी ॥ रहाउ ॥
    How can anyone be deceived, who has Your Support, O Lord? ||Pause||
    बिनु सिमरन जो जीवनु बलना सरप जैसे अरजारी ॥
    Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, life is like a burning fire, even if one lives long, like a snake.
    नव खंडन को राजु कमावै अंति चलैगो हारी ॥१॥
    One may rule over the nine regions of the earth, but in the end, he shall have to depart, losing the game of life. ||1||
    गुण निधान गुण तिन ही गाए जा कउ किरपा धारी ॥
    He alone sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord, the treasure of virtue, upon whom the Lord showers His Grace.
    सो सुखीआ धंनु उसु जनमा नानक तिसु बलिहारी ॥२॥२॥
    He is at peace, and his birth is blessed; Nanak is a sacrifice to him. ||2||2||

[August 28th 2015 – Friday 05:00 AM. IST]  (Page: 711)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1990 on: August 29, 2015, 07:28:13 AM »
  • Publish

ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
    रागु सूही छंत महला १ घरु ४ ॥
    Raag Soohee, Chhant, First Mehl, Fourth House:
    जिनि कीआ तिनि देखिआ जगु धंधड़ै लाइआ ॥
    The One who created the world, watches over it; He enjoins the people of the world to their tasks.
    दानि तेरै घटि चानणा तनि चंदु दीपाइआ ॥
    Your gifts, O Lord, illuminate the heart, and the moon casts its light on the body.
    चंदो दीपाइआ दानि हरि कै दुखु अंधेरा उठि गइआ ॥
    The moon glows, by the Lord's gift, and the darkness of suffering is taken away.
    गुण जंञ लाड़े नालि सोहै परखि मोहणीऐ लइआ ॥
    The marriage party of virtue looks beautiful with the Groom; He chooses His enticing bride with care.
    वीवाहु होआ सोभ सेती पंच सबदी आइआ ॥
    The wedding is performed with glorious splendor; He has arrived, accompanied by the vibrations of the Panch Shabad, the Five Primal Sounds.
    जिनि कीआ तिनि देखिआ जगु धंधड़ै लाइआ ॥१॥
    The One who created the world, watches over it; He enjoins the people of the world to their tasks. ||1||
    हउ बलिहारी साजना मीता अवरीता ॥
    I am a sacrifice to my pure friends, the immaculate Saints.
    इहु तनु जिन सिउ गाडिआ मनु लीअड़ा दीता ॥
    This body is attached to them, and we have shared our minds.
    लीआ त दीआ मानु जिन्ह सिउ से सजन किउ वीसरहि ॥
    We have shared our minds - how could I forget those friends?
    जिन्ह दिसि आइआ होहि रलीआ जीअ सेती गहि रहहि ॥
    Seeing them brings joy to my heart; I keep them clasped to my soul.
    सगल गुण अवगणु न कोई होहि नीता नीता ॥
    They have all virtues and merits, forever and ever; they have no demerits or faults at all.
    हउ बलिहारी साजना मीता अवरीता ॥२॥
    I am a sacrifice to my pure friends, the immaculate Saints. ||2||
    गुणा का होवै वासुला कढि वासु लईजै ॥
    One who has a basket of fragrant virtues, should enjoy its fragrance.
    जे गुण होवन्हि साजना मिलि साझ करीजै ॥
    If my friends have virtues, I will share in them.
    साझ करीजै गुणह केरी छोडि अवगण चलीऐ ॥
    Let us form a partnership, and share our virtues; let us abandon our faults, and walk on the Path.
    पहिरे पट्मबर करि अड्मबर आपणा पिड़ु मलीऐ ॥
    Let us wear our virtues like silk clothes; let us decorate ourselves, and enter the arena.
    जिथै जाइ बहीऐ भला कहीऐ झोलि अम्रितु पीजै ॥
    Let us speak of goodness, wherever we go and sit; let us skim off the Ambrosial Nectar, and drink it in.
    गुणा का होवै वासुला कढि वासु लईजै ॥३॥
    One who has a basket of fragrant virtues, should enjoy its fragrance. ||3||
    आपि करे किसु आखीऐ होरु करे न कोई ॥
    He Himself acts; unto whom should we complain? No one else does anything.
    आखण ता कउ जाईऐ जे भूलड़ा होई ॥
    Go ahead and complain to Him, if He makes a mistake.
    जे होइ भूला जाइ कहीऐ आपि करता किउ भुलै ॥
    If He makes a mistake, go ahead and complain to Him; but how can the Creator Himself make a mistake?
    सुणे देखे बाझु कहिऐ दानु अणमंगिआ दिवै ॥
    He sees, He hears, and without our asking, without our begging, He gives His gifts.
    दानु देइ दाता जगि बिधाता नानका सचु सोई ॥
    The Great Giver, the Architect of the Universe, gives His gifts. O Nanak, He is the True Lord.
    आपि करे किसु आखीऐ होरु करे न कोई ॥४॥१॥४॥
    He Himself acts; unto whom should we complain? No one else does anything. ||4||1||4||

[August 29, 2015, Saturday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 765)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1991 on: September 15, 2015, 03:49:43 AM »
  • Publish

जैतसरी महला ५ घरु २ छंत
    Jaitsree, Fifth Mehl, Second House, Chhant:
    ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
    सलोकु ॥
    Shalok:
    ऊचा अगम अपार प्रभु कथनु न जाइ अकथु ॥
    God is lofty, unapproachable and infinite. He is indescribable - He cannot be described.
    नानक प्रभ सरणागती राखन कउ समरथु ॥१॥
    Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of God, who is all-powerful to save us. ||1||
    छंतु ॥
    Chhant:
    जिउ जानहु तिउ राखु हरि प्रभ तेरिआ ॥
    Save me, any way You can; O Lord God, I am Yours.
    केते गनउ असंख अवगण मेरिआ ॥
    My demerits are uncountable; how many of them should I count?
    असंख अवगण खते फेरे नितप्रति सद भूलीऐ ॥
    The sins and crimes I committed are countless; day by day, I continually make mistakes.
    मोह मगन बिकराल माइआ तउ प्रसादी घूलीऐ ॥
    I am intoxicated by emotional attachment to Maya, the treacherous one; by Your Grace alone can I be saved.
    लूक करत बिकार बिखड़े प्रभ नेर हू ते नेरिआ ॥
    Secretly, I commit hideous sins of corruption, even though God is the nearest of the near.
    बिनवंति नानक दइआ धारहु काढि भवजल फेरिआ ॥१॥
    Prays Nanak, shower me with Your Mercy, Lord, and lift me up, out of the whirlpool of the terrifying world-ocean. ||1||
    सलोकु ॥
    Shalok:
    निरति न पवै असंख गुण ऊचा प्रभ का नाउ ॥
    Countless are His virtues; they cannot be enumerated. God's Name is lofty and exalted.
    नानक की बेनंतीआ मिलै निथावे थाउ ॥२॥
    This is Nanak's humble prayer, to bless the homeless with a home. ||2||
    छंतु ॥
    Chhant:
    दूसर नाही ठाउ का पहि जाईऐ ॥
    There is no other place at all - where else should I go?
    आठ पहर कर जोड़ि सो प्रभु धिआईऐ ॥
    Twenty-four hours a day, with my palms pressed together, I meditate on God.
    धिआइ सो प्रभु सदा अपुना मनहि चिंदिआ पाईऐ ॥
    Meditating forever on my God, I receive the fruits of my mind's desires.
    तजि मान मोहु विकारु दूजा एक सिउ लिव लाईऐ ॥
    Renouncing pride, attachment, corruption and duality, I lovingly center my attention on the One Lord.
    अरपि मनु तनु प्रभू आगै आपु सगल मिटाईऐ ॥
    Dedicate your mind and body to God; eradicate all your self-conceit.
    बिनवंति नानकु धारि किरपा साचि नामि समाईऐ ॥२॥
    Prays Nanak, shower me with Your mercy, Lord, that I may be absorbed in Your True Name. ||2||
    सलोकु ॥
    Shalok:
    रे मन ता कउ धिआईऐ सभ बिधि जा कै हाथि ॥
    O mind, meditate on the One, who holds everything in His hands.
    राम नाम धनु संचीऐ नानक निबहै साथि ॥३॥
    Gather the wealth of the Lord's Name; O Nanak, it shall always be with You. ||3||
    छंतु ॥
    Chhant:
    साथीअड़ा प्रभु एकु दूसर नाहि कोइ ॥
    God is our only True Friend; there is not any other.
    थान थनंतरि आपि जलि थलि पूर सोइ ॥
    In the places and interspaces, in the water and on the land, He Himself is pervading everywhere.
    जलि थलि महीअलि पूरि रहिआ सरब दाता प्रभु धनी ॥
    He is totally permeating the water, the land and the sky; God is the Great Giver, the Lord and Master of all.
    गोपाल गोबिंद अंतु नाही बेअंत गुण ता के किआ गनी ॥
    The Lord of the world, the Lord of the universe has no limit; His Glorious Virtues are unlimited - how can I count them?
    भजु सरणि सुआमी सुखह गामी तिसु बिना अन नाहि कोइ ॥
    I have hurried to the Sanctuary of the Lord Master, the Bringer of peace; without Him, there is no other at all.
    बिनवंति नानक दइआ धारहु तिसु परापति नामु होइ ॥३॥
    Prays Nanak, that being, unto whom the Lord shows mercy - he alone obtains the Naam. ||3||
    सलोकु ॥
    Shalok:
    चिति जि चितविआ सो मै पाइआ ॥
    Whatever I wish for, that I receive.
    नानक नामु धिआइ सुख सबाइआ ॥४॥
    Meditating on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, Nanak has found total peace. ||4||
    छंतु ॥
    Chhant:
    अब मनु छूटि गइआ साधू संगि मिले ॥
    My mind is now emancipated; I have joined the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.
    गुरमुखि नामु लइआ जोती जोति रले ॥
    As Gurmukh, I chant the Naam, and my light has merged into the Light.
    हरि नामु सिमरत मिटे किलबिख बुझी तपति अघानिआ ॥
    Remembering the Lord's Name in meditation, my sins have been erased; the fire has been extinguished, and I am satisfied.
    गहि भुजा लीने दइआ कीने आपने करि मानिआ ॥
    He has taken me by the arm, and blessed me with His kind mercy; He has accepted me His own.
    लै अंकि लाए हरि मिलाए जनम मरणा दुख जले ॥
    The Lord has hugged me in His embrace, and merged me with Himself; the pains of birth and death have been burnt away.
    बिनवंति नानक दइआ धारी मेलि लीने इक पले ॥४॥२॥
    Prays Nanak, He has blessed me with His kind mercy; in an instant, He unites me with Himself. ||4||2||

[August 30, 2015, Sunday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 704)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1992 on: September 15, 2015, 03:53:00 AM »
  • Publish

सूही महला ४ घरु ६
    Soohee, Fourth Mehl, Sixth House:
    ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
    नीच जाति हरि जपतिआ उतम पदवी पाइ ॥
    When someone of low social class chants the Lord's Name, he obtains the state of highest dignity.
    पूछहु बिदर दासी सुतै किसनु उतरिआ घरि जिसु जाइ ॥१॥
    Go and ask Bidar, the son of a maid; Krishna himself stayed in his house. ||1||
    हरि की अकथ कथा सुनहु जन भाई जितु सहसा दूख भूख सभ लहि जाइ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    Listen, O humble Siblings of Destiny, to the Unspoken Speech of the Lord; it removes all anxiety, pain and hunger. ||1||Pause||
    रविदासु चमारु उसतति करे हरि कीरति निमख इक गाइ ॥
    Ravi Daas, the leather-worker, praised the Lord, and sang the Kirtan of His Praises each and every instant.
    पतित जाति उतमु भइआ चारि वरन पए पगि आइ ॥२॥
    Although he was of low social status, he was exalted and elevated, and people of all four castes came and bowed at his feet. ||2||
    नामदेअ प्रीति लगी हरि सेती लोकु छीपा कहै बुलाइ ॥
    Naam Dayv loved the Lord; the people called him a fabric dyer.
    खत्री ब्राहमण पिठि दे छोडे हरि नामदेउ लीआ मुखि लाइ ॥३॥
    The Lord turned His back on the high-class Kh'shaatriyas and Brahmins, and showed His face to Naam Dayv. ||3||
    जितने भगत हरि सेवका मुखि अठसठि तीरथ तिन तिलकु कढाइ ॥
    All of the devotees and servants of the Lord have the tilak, the ceremonial mark, applied to their foreheads at the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage.
    जनु नानकु तिन कउ अनदिनु परसे जे क्रिपा करे हरि राइ ॥४॥१॥८॥
    Servant Nanak shall touch their feet night and day, if the Lord, the King, grants His Grace. ||4||1||8||

[August 31, 2015, Monday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 733)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1993 on: September 15, 2015, 03:56:46 AM »
  • Publish

जैतसरी महला ४ घरु १ चउपदे
    Jaitsree, Fourth Mehl, First House, Chau-Padas:
    ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
    मेरै हीअरै रतनु नामु हरि बसिआ गुरि हाथु धरिओ मेरै माथा ॥
    The Jewel of the Lord's Name abides within my heart; the Guru has placed His hand on my forehead.
    जनम जनम के किलबिख दुख उतरे गुरि नामु दीओ रिनु लाथा ॥१॥
    The sins and pains of countless incarnations have been cast out. The Guru has blessed me with the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and my debt has been paid off. ||1||
    मेरे मन भजु राम नामु सभि अरथा ॥
    O my mind, vibrate the Lord's Name, and all your affairs shall be resolved.
    गुरि पूरै हरि नामु द्रिड़ाइआ बिनु नावै जीवनु बिरथा ॥ रहाउ ॥
    The Perfect Guru has implanted the Lord's Name within me; without the Name, life is useless. ||Pause||
    बिनु गुर मूड़ भए है मनमुख ते मोह माइआ नित फाथा ॥
    Without the Guru, the self-willed manmukhs are foolish and ignorant; they are forever entangled in emotional attachment to Maya.
    तिन साधू चरण न सेवे कबहू तिन सभु जनमु अकाथा ॥२॥
    They never serve the feet of the Holy; their lives are totally useless. ||2||
    जिन साधू चरण साध पग सेवे तिन सफलिओ जनमु सनाथा ॥
    Those who serve at the feet of the Holy, the feet of the Holy, their lives are made fruitful, and they belong to the Lord.
    मो कउ कीजै दासु दास दासन को हरि दइआ धारि जगंनाथा ॥३॥
    Make me the slave of the slave of the slaves of the Lord; bless me with Your Mercy, O Lord of the Universe. ||3||
    हम अंधुले गिआनहीन अगिआनी किउ चालह मारगि पंथा ॥
    I am blind, ignorant and totally without wisdom; how can I walk on the Path?
    हम अंधुले कउ गुर अंचलु दीजै जन नानक चलह मिलंथा ॥४॥१॥
    I am blind - O Guru, please let me grasp the hem of Your robe, so that servant Nanak may walk in harmony with You. ||4||1||

[September 1, 2015, Tuesday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 696)
    om sai ram!

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #1994 on: September 15, 2015, 04:04:36 AM »
  • Publish

तिलंग मः १ ॥
    Tilang, First Mehl:
    इआनड़ीए मानड़ा काइ करेहि ॥
    O foolish and ignorant soul-bride, why are you so proud?
    आपनड़ै घरि हरि रंगो की न माणेहि ॥
    Within the home of your own self, why do you not enjoy the Love of your Lord?
    सहु नेड़ै धन कमलीए बाहरु किआ ढूढेहि ॥
    Your Husband Lord is so very near, O foolish bride; why do you search for Him outside?
    भै कीआ देहि सलाईआ नैणी भाव का करि सीगारो ॥
    Apply the Fear of God as the maascara to adorn your eyes, and make the Love of the Lord your ornament.
    ता सोहागणि जाणीऐ लागी जा सहु धरे पिआरो ॥१॥
    Then, you shall be known as a devoted and committed soul-bride, when you enshrine love for your Husband Lord. ||1||
    इआणी बाली किआ करे जा धन कंत न भावै ॥
    What can the silly young bride do, if she is not pleasing to her Husband Lord?
    करण पलाह करे बहुतेरे सा धन महलु न पावै ॥
    She may plead and implore so many times, but still, such a bride shall not obtain the Mansion of the Lord's Presence.
    विणु करमा किछु पाईऐ नाही जे बहुतेरा धावै ॥
    Without the karma of good deeds, nothing is obtained, although she may run around frantically.
    लब लोभ अहंकार की माती माइआ माहि समाणी ॥
    She is intoxicated with greed, pride and egotism, and engrossed in Maya.
    इनी बाती सहु पाईऐ नाही भई कामणि इआणी ॥२॥
    She cannot obtain her Husband Lord in these ways; the young bride is so foolish! ||2||
    जाइ पुछहु सोहागणी वाहै किनी बाती सहु पाईऐ ॥
    Go and ask the happy, pure soul-brides, how did they obtain their Husband Lord?
    जो किछु करे सो भला करि मानीऐ हिकमति हुकमु चुकाईऐ ॥
    Whatever the Lord does, accept that as good; do away with your own cleverness and self-will.
    जा कै प्रेमि पदारथु पाईऐ तउ चरणी चितु लाईऐ ॥
    By His Love, true wealth is obtained; link your consciousness to His lotus feet.
    सहु कहै सो कीजै तनु मनो दीजै ऐसा परमलु लाईऐ ॥
    As your Husband Lord directs, so you must act; surrender your body and mind to Him, and apply this perfume to yourself.
    एव कहहि सोहागणी भैणे इनी बाती सहु पाईऐ ॥३॥
    So speaks the happy soul-bride, O sister; in this way, the Husband Lord is obtained. ||3||
    आपु गवाईऐ ता सहु पाईऐ अउरु कैसी चतुराई ॥
    Give up your selfhood, and so obtain your Husband Lord; what other clever tricks are of any use?
    सहु नदरि करि देखै सो दिनु लेखै कामणि नउ निधि पाई ॥
    When the Husband Lord looks upon the soul-bride with His Gracious Glance, that day is historic - the bride obtains the nine treasures.
    आपणे कंत पिआरी सा सोहागणि नानक सा सभराई ॥
    She who is loved by her Husband Lord, is the true soul-bride; O Nanak, she is the queen of all.
    ऐसै रंगि राती सहज की माती अहिनिसि भाइ समाणी ॥
    Thus she is imbued with His Love, intoxicated with delight; day and night, she is absorbed in His Love.
    सुंदरि साइ सरूप बिचखणि कहीऐ सा सिआणी ॥४॥२॥४॥
    She is beautiful, glorious and brilliant; she is known as truly wise. ||4||2||4||

[September 2, 2015, Wednesday 05:00 AM. IST] (Page: 722)
    om sai ram!

Facebook Comments