In Hindu mythology, Kamadhenu
(Sanskrit: कामधेनु, pronounced [kaməðenu]) was a divine cow who was believed to be the mother of all cows. Like her daughter Nandini, she could grant any wish for the true seeker. Kamadhenu provided Vasishta with his needs for the sacrifices. Kamadhenu (kama-dhenu, 'wish-cow'), was a miraculous cow of plenty who could give her owner whatever he desired.
The cow stands for prosperity—as does Lakṣmī (see Lakṣmī), the wife of Viṣṇu (see Viṣṇu). Kāmadhenu is especially associated with brahmans (see Brahmans) and their “wealth,” because she is the producer of the milk and the clarified butter, the offerings traditionally placed on the sacrificial fire.
Kamadhenu, the sacred cow which grants all wishes and desires, is an integral part of Hindu mythology. This divine cow, which lives in swargalok (heaven), emerged from the ocean of milk (ksheerasagar) at the time of samudramanthan (the great churning of the ocean by the gods (suras) and gemons (asuras). It was presented to the seven sages by the Gods, and in course of time came into the possession of Sage Vasishta.
Kamadhenu's complexion is like the white clouds. Every part of cow's body has a religious significance. Its four legs symbolize the four Vedas, and its teats the four Purusharthas. Its horns symbolize the gods, its face symbolize the sun and the moon, its shoulders Agni (the god of fire), and its legs the HimalayasKamadhenu is also well-known through its other five forms: Nanda, Sunanda, Surabhi, Susheela and Sumana.
Lord Krishna states in Srimad Bhagavad-Gita: chapter 10, verse 28
"dhenunam asmi kamadhuk dhenunam"
"Among cows I am the wish fulfilling cow.""One who gives in charity a bull becomes famous even in Swarga."- The Mahabharata
"One who donates a cow (or bull) becomes free from sin and achieves liberation for himself and 14 generations of his family members". - The Mahabharata
“The cows are the mothers of all living beings and the givers of all earthly pleasures.” - Atharva Veda
In this verse Lord Krishna reveals that among cows He is manifested as the kamadhuk meaning kamadhenu the original wish fulfilling cows known as the surabhi cows - Anusasana Parva of the Mahabharata by Krishna Dvaipayana Vyasa.
The surabhi cow descended from the spiritual worlds.The direct descendants of the surabhi cows are the sacred cows from the continent India which are uniquely distinguished the same as the surabhi by the beautiful hump on their backs and the wonderfully soft folds of skin under their necks.
Cows are the mothers of all creatures. Cows are verily the mothers of the 33 crores of demigods that administrate creation in the material existence throughout all the universes.Cows represent sacred acts themselves and without cows there can be no performance of any sacred act.
One should never show disrepect for cows in any way nor should one feel any repugnance towards the urine and dung of a cow because these things are also pure. Cows are also fragrant. The wonderful scent of the amytis agallochum emantes from out of their sacred bodies.To teach by example, Sri Krishna and Lord Balram show us
when They descend into this world, how important is to protect, love and serve Cows and Bulls. Krishna is known as Gopala (protector of the Cows) or Govinda (one who gives pleasure to the Cows). Lord Balram represents plowing the land for agriculture and therefore always carries a plow in His hand, whereas Krishna tends Cows and therefore carries a flute in His hand. Thus the two brothers represent krisi-raksha (protecting Bulls by engaging them in farming) and go-raksha (protecting the Cows). 10.5.20
Lord Krishna says in Srimad Bhagavatam, "I can be worshiped within the Cows by offerings of grass and other suitable grains and paraphernalia for the pleasure and health of the Cows, and one may worship Me within the Vaishnavas by offering loving friendship to them and honoring them in all respects."IMPORTANCE OF COW-URINE & COW-DUNG :
which has a unique place in Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine. Commenting on the chemistry of gau mutra, Cow urine is used to produce a whole range of ayurvedic drugs, especially to treat skin diseases like eczema. Besides, gau mutra is a well known disinfectant. Anti-septic property is also the attribute of cow dung or gobar which is mixed with clay to form a plastering medium for mud huts. It is a proven fact that mud huts plastered with gobar keeps insects and reptiles away. This is the reason why people in the countryside still store grain in huge earthen pots plastered with gobar and gau mutra to keep it free from insect manifestations.In Mahabharat era Nakul was known as the famous cow urine therapist.
Indians believe that cow urine enhances holiness and purity when spread in courtyard and home. Makes there is need to refocus, in a creative enterprise, on cow as a source of health, wealth and happiness. Cow urine has wonderful properties. It is used in purification of many strong poisons, sub poisons, metals, and sub metals, ras, maharas, and astrologist stones. Poisonous materials become poison less within 3 to 7 days if purified with it according to the Indian method. Many useful elements have been found in Cow Urine. Some of them are as below :
Urea is a major element found in urine and is the end product of protein metabolism. It is strong antibacterial agent.Uric acid -
Uric acid is similar to Urea and has strong antibacterial properties. In addition it helps to control cancer-causing substances.Minerals-
Minerals from urine can be very easily reabsorbed as compared to those derived from food. Urine probably contains more different types of minerals than those derived from food. Urine becomes turbid if left alone for a while This is because when enzyme present in urine dissolve urea and change it into ammonia then urine becomes strongly alkaline making it difficult to dissolve rich minerals. Therefore stale urine looks turbid This does not mean that it has decayed Urine with a higher ammonical disorder content when applied to the skin plays an important role in beautifying it.Bioactive substance and hormones
: Dissolves blood clots, helps in curing heart diseases and improves blood circulation.Epithelium growth factor
: Helps, repair and regenerate damaged tissues and cells Colony stimulating factor
: It is effective for cell division and multiplication.Growth hormone
: Shows different bioactive effects such as promotion of protein production, cartilage growth, fat decomposition.Erythropoetine
: Promotes production of red blood cells.Gonadotropins
: Promotes normalization of menstrual cycle and sperm production Kallikrin: -Releases kallidin that expands peripheral veins and reduce blood pressure.Tripsyn inhibitor
: Effective for prevention and healing of muscular tumor.Allantoine
: Heals wounds and tumors.Anti-cancer substance
: Anti-neoplaston, H-11 beta-iodole-acetic acid, directine, 3-methyl gloxal, etc. differ from chemotherapeutic drugs, which kill or injure all kinds of cells. They strongly prevent the multiplication of carcinogenic cells and return them to normal.Nitrogen -
It is diuretic & stimulates kidney naturally.Sulphur -
It increases intestinal peristalsis and purifies blood.Ammonia -
It maintains integrity of body tissues and blood.Copper -
It checks excessive deposition of fat.Iron -
It maintains RBC counts in blood and stabilizes stamina.Phosphate -
It has litlhotriptic action.Sodium -
It purifies the blood and checks hyperacidity.Potassium -
It is appetizer and climinatcs muscle fatigue.Magnese -
It is antibacterial and prevents gas gangrene.Carbolic Acid -
It is antibacterial and prevents gas gangrene.Calcium -
It purifies blood & provide nutrition to bones; helps in coagulation of blood.Salts -
Antibacterial, Prevents Comma, and kctoacidois.Vitamin A, B, C, D, E -
They prevent excessive thirst, infuses vigour, and increase potency.Lactose Sugar -
Gives strength to heart, checks excessive thirst and giddiness.Enzymes -
Improve immunity, and promote the secretion of digestive juices.Water
-Controles the body temperature maintains the fluidity of blood.Hippuric Acid -
Excrete toxins through the urine.Creatinine -
It is antibacterial.Swama Kshar -
Antibacterial, improves immunity, and acts as an antidote.
Some hormones presents in 8-month pregnant cow which are very good for healthCOW-DUNG -In Chapter 1 of the Skanda Purana, Shri Vishnu explains to Narada
as to how to perform the Satyanarayana Puja - "The place of worship must be anointed with COW DUNG
first & then decorated with Rangoli (colorful designs made with rice flour) of five colors, and a new cloth must be spread, there after only the Puja can be done."
Other uses are :
- cow dung patties (gootte) for cooking
- composting makes it even more powerful
3. Heat source
- cow dung is naturally hot -compost makes hotter put in glass house to heat glass house or run pipes thru it to get hot water.
- natural antiseptic qualities
4. Floor coating
- used mixed with mud and water on floors in mud houses. Improves water absorption of mud. Prevents muddy puddles resulting from spilt water.
5. Mud brick additive
- improves resistance to disintegration
6. Skin tonic
- mixed with crushed neem leaves smeared on skin - good for boils and heat rash
7. Smoke producer
- smoldering cow patties keep away mosquitoes. Can also make smoked paneer over such smoke & Ash - from patties used in cooking.
8. Pot cleaner
- used dry absorbs oil and fat wet as a general cleaner
9. Brass polisher
- tamarind removes oxidation - wet ashes polishes
- alkaline - cow dung ash is basically lime with a few other mineral mixed in
11. Mud additive
- dries up slippery mud puddles
12. Mud brick additive
- mud and lime (cow dung ashes) becomes like cement
13. Pond PH balancer
- thrown into pond neutralizes acid.
14. Tooth polish
15. Seed protector
- covering seeds in dung before planting helps to protect against pests.In Sri Caitanya Caritamrita adi lila, chapter 17 verse 166 Caitanya Mahaprabhu confirms:
"go-ange yata loma tata sahasra vatsara
go-vadhi raurava-madhye pace nirantar."
Cow killers and cow eaters are condemned to rot in hell for as many thousands of years as there are for each hair on the body of every cow they eat from. Cows are superior to all yogis and ascetics and because of this liberated divine being perform their austerities in the company and presence of cows.
When the surabhi cows first manifested from the aroma of ambrosial nectar they performed severe penance for 100,000 years for the purpose of acquiring the spiritual merit to be the foremost of all things needed for the performance of Vedic rituals and ceremonies; thus only from cow milk exclusively is sanctified ghee produced for the performance of Vedic rituals. Whatever is produced from any and all other types of milk is not authorised by Vedic scriptures and thus not being sanctioned by the Vedas can never be used in any Vedic rituals or ceremonies.
At the conclusion of the surabhi cows austerities Brahma himself appeared before them and granted their wishes blessing them with the benediction that cows would eternally be the sustainers of all creatures. GAU-MATA
The various parts of the body of the cow in which the deities, the revered sages, the various elements, are believed to dwell are given as follows:dOnt jUSt rEaD mE,
1) Two Horns of the Cow The Creator 'Brahma'
2) The Head of the Cow The Deity 'Indra'
3) Forehead of the Cow The Deity 'Agni
4) Collar of the Cow The Deity 'Yama'
5) Brain of the Cow The Deity 'Moon'
6) Upper Jaw of the Cow The Highest world Dyuloka
7) Lower Jaw of the Cow The Earth
8 The Tongue The Lightening
9) The Teeth The Deity 'Marut'
10) The Throat The 'Revatee' Constellation
11) The Shoulder The 'Kritka' Constellation
12) Bones of the Shoulder The Summer Season
13) All the Organs of the Cow The Deity 'Vaayu'
14) The Heaven The World to which cow, belongs
15) The BackBone The Deity 'Rudra'
16) In the Chest The Eagle
17) Is the Power & Strength Of the Cow The Space
18) Hunch of the Cow The Sage Vrihashpati
19) In the bones of the Chest The Stanza by the name of Vrihatee
20) The Back Angels & Fairies
21) Bones of the Ribs The Hostesses of the Angels & Fairies.
22) The Shoulders The Deity 'Varuna' and Friend
23) The Forelegs The Sage 'Tvashta & the sage 'Aryama'
24) The Hindlegs The Destroyer 'Lord Mahadeva'
25) The Backside of the Cow The wife of the Deity 'Indra'
26) The Tail The Deity 'Vaayu'
27) The Hairs of the Body The Sage 'Pawamana'
28) The Buttock The Caste 'Brahmin' & The caste'Kshatriya'
29) Lies in the Thighs The Strength of the Cow.
30) Bones of the Knees The Deity Sun and the Creator
31) The Calf of the Cow The Celestial Beings 'Gandharva'
32) In the Smaller Bones The Celestial Beings 'Apsara'
33) Hooves of the Cow The Mother of the Sun, God, 'Aditi'
34) In the Heart The Mind
35) In the Liver of the Cow The Intelligence
36) The Nerve By the Name Of 'Puritat' The Religious Vow 'Vrata'
37) The Belly The Hunger
38) In the Intestines Goddess Sarswati
39) In the internal part of the intestines The Mountains
40) In the Ovum The sorrow (Manyu)
41) In the sense Organs The Subjects & the People (Praja)
42) In the Ovary The River
43) In the Breasts The Deity 'Varuna'
44) In the cells of the Breasts which produce milk The Thundering clouds
45) In the Skin The 'All-Pervasive power'
46) In the hairs of the Body,Of the cow The Various Medicines
47) The Anus The heavenly & Celestial Beings 'Devagana'
48) In the Intestine The Man
49) In the Stomach The Celestial being 'Yaksha'
50) In the Kidney The Anger
51) In the Blood The Demon 'Rakshasha'
52) The Appearance of The Cow The Constellation are
53) In the Stomach The Other living beings
54) Is the Grossness The sky
55) In the Bone-Marrow The Death
56) Is Like Fire The Posture while sitting
57) Is the Deity 'Ashwinee Kumar The posture while getting up
58) The Deity 'Indra' The Posture while standing and facing East
59) The Lord of Death 'Yamaraja' The Posture while standing and facing South
60) The Creator 'Brahma' The Posture while standing and facing west
61) The Sun God The Posture while standing & facing North
62) The Deity Moon The Cow while Grazing
63) The Friend The Cow while looking
64) Pure Joy The Posture of the Cow while turning it back
Speed Da Plow,
hOly cOw - roHit beHaL