Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: THE DIVINE VISION (A DEVOTEE'S EXPERIENCE.)  (Read 3571 times)

Offline JR

• Blessings 35
  • सांई की मीरा
    • Sai Baba
THE DIVINE VISION (A DEVOTEE'S EXPERIENCE.)
« on: February 19, 2007, 07:31:49 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sri N. Purnachandra Rao, B. A.
    It so happened unexpectedly during the year 1955 that I followed a friend of mine to SHRI SAI BABA'S TEMPLE at Bhimavaram, West Godavari District on a Thursday. Till then I was not aware of the worship of ShriSaiBaba. During my first darshan at Sanctuary of the said temple the Murty of Sai Baba attracted me most and since then I used to adore Sai Baba daily at my house and also visit his temple on almost every Thursday till I left the said place in the year 1959.

My faith in Sai Baba developed gradually and I adore him daily wherever I am. During the year 1964 Sai Baba blessed me with a male child. It was my longing to visit Sai Baba's temple at Shirdi but as it is situated at a far off place 1 could not fulfil my desire. On one occasion during the early period of 1967 an offer came to me to visit Poona and stay there for eight weeks. Then I felt very happy to avail of this opportunity to visit Shirdi from Poona during holidays.

But due to some inexplicable reasons this programme was can¬celled. Again during October, 1967 I was suddenly called on to proceed to Poona, to stay there for eight weeks, During this period, I was having some family worries due to shifting of my family to a strange place to which place I was transferred and I had to leave my family members alone, if I were to go over to Poona. I could not decide whether to proceed to Poona leaving my children alone at a strange place for a period of 2 months or apply for leave thereby losing the opportunity of visiting Poona.

There was no time left to think over and decide and I had to either proceed to Poona within 24 hours i.e., the very next day or to apply for leave. Throughout the day I was worrying mentally as I did not like to lose the opportunity to proceed to Poona so that I could visit Shirdi and at the same time I could not venture to leave my family members alone as there were no adult male members in my family to look after the needs of my family members during the period of my absence. On the night of that critical day, I could not have sound sleep on account of mental worry due to my indecision in the matter. At midnight during sleep I had suddenly seen a vision of Shirdi Sai Baba surrounded by great brilliance of white light the intensity of which was beyond my power of expression. I trust that this brilliance cannot be described and explained by any person with an exception of some great spiritual masters. In the midst of this white, brilliant, divine and powerful light I have seen Murty of Shri Sai Baba in pure white form from head to foot with living eyes looking towards me. I could not withstand with the divine vision as I did not have much experience on any previous occasion and I suddenly woke up from sleep with shock and fear. Taking rest for five minutes, I again went to bed. Again within half an hour I had seen the same divine vision and again I woke up with nervous tension as I was not able to withstand the brilliance of this vision. In the morning I thought over the matter coolly, and my conscience prompted me that Shri Sai Baba desired me to avail the opportunity of deputation to Poona so that I could visit Shirdi also from Poona and have the darshan of Shri Sai Baba for which I was longing since a long time.

Leaving all my family worries to the care of Shri Sai Baba, I left for Poona the very next day. During my stay at Poona on one occasion, 3 consecutive public holidays occured and I proceeded to Shirdi. There is a problem of language in interior places of Maha-rashtra State as most of the people talk either Hindi or Marathi. But without any difficulty at any stage I performed journey to Shirdi more happily than expected due to the kind blessings of Shri Sai Baba. In this connection, I furnish below detailed particulars of my journey to Shirdi so as to explain myself more clearly how Shri Sai Baba helps his devotees. When I was waiting for a Government Transport Bus at Poona Bus Stand at 2 A. M. to go to Shirdi, a stranger who was tall and stout in Stature with a beard pursued me like anything, offer¬ing a lift in his car upto Ahmadnagar for a fare equivalent to Bus Fare. I was hesistant and fearing to get into a stranger's car as he could speak only Hindi and Marathi and did not know English and offered to provide lift to only one person as the entire balance of space jn the car had to be utilised to stock News Paper Bundles. I know Hindi but cannot express fluently. Even though I avoided to give him any answer, when he enquired with me in Hindi the place to which I had to go after enquiring with the other nearby passengers waiting there he again came to me expressing in Hindi that he was confident that I had to go to Shirdi and assured me that there would be no harm in getting into his car. He had practically compelled me to get into his car. Most unwillingly, I got into his car as I did not know whether to believe his version or not. After I got into his car he had taken me to Ahmadnagar in a very short time. The journey was very pleasant He had also shown me Bus Stand at Ahmadnagar to continue my journey to Shirdi. At Ahmadnagar I could easily secure accomodation in Government Transport Bus to go to Shirdi.

After I got into Bus at Ahmadnagar I was enquiring with 'my co-passengers wherever Bus stopped at different stages whether Shirdi arrived, due to my anxiety that I might miss the stage of stoppage of Shirdi and thus face some trouble and difficulty in travel. At that time one gentleman came to me and after inquiring with me he told me not to worry and that he was the Inspecting Officer of the Bus and assured me that he would get down along with me at Shirdi and show me the temple of Shri Sai Baba. After I arrived at Shirdi this gentle¬man had taken me to the temple of Shri Sai Baba and also explained to me the other important particulars of the place. I thanked him for his help and took leave of him at the temple.

When I entered the temple of Shri Sai Baba I was thunder struck to notice that this was the same image of Shirdi Sai Baba which I had seen earlier in a dream, as explained above, surrounded by inexpli¬cable divine brilliance. Here I desire to make myself more clear. Formerly I visited temples of Shri Sai Baba situated at Bhimavaram and Eluru in West Godavari District. In both these temples, the image of the Shri Sai Baba is of different colours i.e. white beard safforn clothes and red complexion. I was therefore not aware of adoration of image of Shri Sai Baba in pure white form. After seeing the image of Shri Sai Baba at Shirdi I recollected and satisfied myself that Shri Sai Baba was kind enough to grant me his divine darshan which I could not withstand.

Ever since this occurrence, my belief in Shri Sai Baba became thousand fold and I pray him daily and eagerly wait to receive "OODI PRASADA'' by post every month.
    सबका मालिक एक - Sabka Malik Ek

Sai Baba | प्यारे से सांई बाबा कि सुन्दर सी वेबसाईट : http://www.shirdi-sai-baba.com
    Spiritual India | आध्य़ात्मिक भारत : http://www.spiritualindia.org
    Send Sai Baba eCard and Photos: http://gallery.spiritualindia.org
    Listen Sai Baba Bhajan: http://gallery.spiritualindia.org/audio/
    Spirituality: http://www.spiritualindia.org/wiki

Facebook Comments