Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: A Small Story on relationship...  (Read 12321 times)

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
  • OM SAIRAM
THE OBSTACLE IN OUR PATH
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 01:12:35 PM »
  • Publish
  • In ancient times, a king had a boulder placed on a roadway. Then he hid himself and watched to see if anyone would remove the huge rock. Some of the king's wealthiest merchants and courtiers came by and simply walked around it.

Many loudly blamed the king for not keeping the roads clear, but none did anything about getting the big stone out of the way. Then a peasant came along carrying a load of vegetables. On approaching the boulder, the peasant laid down his burden and tried to move the stone to the side of the road. After much pushing and straining, he finally succeeded. As the peasant picked up his load of vegetables, he noticed a purse lying in the road where the boulder had been. The purse contained many gold coins and a note from the king indicating that the gold was for the person who removed the boulder from the roadway. The peasant learned what many others never understand.

Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve one's condition.
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
    • OM SAIRAM
    A pen string and a flower
    « Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 01:20:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • Once upon a time there was a spring who lived happily and safely inside a pen. Although he heard many noises coming from outside, he lived believing that outside his world inside the pen, there was nothing good. Even just to think about leaving his pen made him so scared that he was quite content to spend his life compacting and stretching himself again and again inside that tiny space.

However, one day, the ink ran out, and when the pen's owner was busy changing it, there was an accident. The spring was flung through the air and landed in the toilet drain, well out of sight. Terrified, and cursing his bad luck, the spring was flushed through pipe after pipe, each time thinking it might be his end. During the journey, he did not dare open his eyes out of pure fear. Nor did he every stop crying. Swept away by the water, he travelled on and on and on, until he ended up in a river. When the river current lost its force, and the spring could see that things had calmed down a bit, he stopped crying and listened all around him. Hearing birdsong and wind in the trees, he felt encouraged to finally open his eyes. What the spring saw was the pure, crystal waters of the river, the rich green rocks of the riverbed, and all kinds of fish of many colours, whose skin seemed to dance under the sunlight. Now he understood that the world was much greater than the space inside the pen, and that there had always been many things outside, waiting to be enjoyed.

After spending a while playing with the fish, he went over to the riverbank, and then moved on to a field of flowers. There he heard weeping. He followed the sound, which took him to a lovely flower that had been flattened by a rabbit, and could no longer stand up straight. The spring realised that he could help the flower, so he offered to be his support. The flower accepted, and slipped through the middle of the spring. There they lived happily together. And they would always laugh when remembering how the spring used to think that all there was to life was being a sad and fearful spring.

Author.. Pedro Pablo Sacristán

Moral of the story :

Changes are not a bad thing, it is up to ourselves to open the eyes and make something positive of them
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline sai_child

• Blessings 0
    Re: A Small Story on relationship...
    « Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 12:32:53 AM »
  • Publish
  • A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could, and it could go no further.

So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon.

The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.

The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time.

Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.

What the man, in his kindness and haste, did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening were God's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our lives. If God allowed us to go through our lives without any obstacles, it would cripple us.

We would not be as strong as what we could have been. We could never fly!

I asked for Strength.........
    And God gave me Difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for Wisdom.........
    And God gave me Problems to solve.

I asked for Prosperity.........
    And God gave me Brain and Brawn to work.

I asked for Courage.........
    And God gave me Danger to overcome.

I asked for Love.........
    And God gave me Troubled people to help.

I asked for Favors.........
    And God gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted ........
    I received everything I needed!

Trust in God. Always !
    [OM SRI SAI RAM
    Hai friend, actually the above said thoughts are the timely answer to my prayers to BABA ,sterday nite...
    BABA has given the reply to my prayers thro U,today morning....
    Thanq for posting this valuable thought which consoles n heals me....
    ALWAYS SAI AMMA is with US and never forsakes / forgets US....
    Thanq BABA...
    Be with US and Bless US... ]

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
    • OM SAIRAM
    Two frogs
    « Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 12:33:56 AM »
  • Publish
  • A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them
    fell into a deep pit. When the other frogs saw how deep the pit
    was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead. The
    two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit
    with all their might. The other frogs kept telling them to stop,
    that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took
    heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down
    and died.

The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again,
    the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He
    jumped even harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the
    other frogs said, "Did you not hear us?" The frog explained to
    them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the
    entire time.

This story teaches two lessons:

1. There is power of life and death in the tongue. An encouraging
    word to someone who is down can lift them up and help them make it
    through the day.

2. A destructive word to someone who is down can be what it takes
    to kill them.

Be careful of what you say. Speak life to those who cross your
    path. The power of words... it is sometimes hard to understand
    that an encouraging word can go such a long way. Anyone can speak
    words that tend to rob another of the spirit to continue in
    difficult times. Special is the individual who will take the time
    to encourage another.
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline PiyaSoni

• Members
    • Blessings 21
    • ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ
    Re: The Price of a Miracle
    « Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 02:33:30 AM »
  • Publish

• The Price of a Miracle

A little girl went to her bedroom and pulled a glass jelly jar from its hiding place in the closet

She poured the change out on the floor and counted it carefully. Three times, even.

The total had to be exactly perfect. No chance here for mistakes.

Carefully placing the coins back in the jar and twisting on the cap, she slipped out the back door

and made her way 6 blocks to Rexall's Drug Store with the big red Indian Chief sign above the door.

She waited patiently for the pharmacist to give her some attention, but he was too

busy at this moment Tess twisted her feet to make a scuffing noise. Nothing.

She cleared her throat with the most disgusting sound she could muster.

No good. Finally she took a quarter from her jar and banged it on the glass counter. That did it!

"And what do you want?" the pharmacist asked in an annoyed tone of voice.

I'm talking to my brother from Chicago whom I haven't seen in ages,"

he said without waiting for a reply to his question.

"Well, I want to talk to you about my brother," Tess answered back in the

same annoyed tone. "He's really, really sick...and I want to buy a miracle."

"I beg your pardon?" said the pharmacist

"His name is Andrew and he has something bad growing inside his head

and my Daddy says only a miracle can save him now. So how much does a miracle cost?"

"We don't sell miracles here, little girl. I'm sorry

but I can't help you ," the pharmacist said, softening a little.

"Listen, I have the money to pay for it. If it isn't enough,

I will get the rest. Just tell me how much it costs."

The pharmacist's brother was a well dressed man. He stooped down

and asked the little girl, "What kind of a miracle does your brother need?"

"I don't know," Tess replied with her eyes welling up. I just know he's really sick

and Mommy says he needs an operation.

But my Daddy can't pay for it, so I want to use my money."

"How much do you have?" asked the man from Chicago

"One dollar and eleven cents," Tess answered barely audibly.

"And it's all the money I have, but I can get some more if I need to."

"Well, what a coincidence," smiled the man.

"A dollar and eleven cents---the exact price of a miracle for little brothers."

He took her money in one hand and with the other hand he grasped her mitten

and said "Take me to where you live. I want to see your brother

and meet your parents. Let's see if I have the miracle you need."

That well dressed man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon, specializing in

neuro-surgery. The operation was completed free of charge and

it wasn't long until Andrew was home again and doing well.

Mom and Dad were happily talking about the

chain of events that had led them to this place.

"That surgery, her Mom whispered, was a

real miracle. I wonder how much it would have cost?"

Tess smiled. She knew exactly how much a miracle cost...

one dollar and eleven cents....plus the faith of a little child.
    "नानक नाम चढदी कला, तेरे पहाणे सर्वद दा भला "

Offline PiyaSoni

• Members
    • Blessings 21
    • ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ
    Re: A Small Story on relationship... True Love
    « Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 05:48:32 AM »
  • Publish
  • It was a busy morning, about  8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80's arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at  9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told me “no,” that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.
    He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late. 

He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?'

He smiled as he patted my hand and said,

'She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is.'

I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought,

'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'

True love is neither physical, nor romantic.

True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.

Offline sai_child

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 11:47:14 AM »
  • Publish
  • It was a busy morning, about  8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80's arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at  9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told me “no,” that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.
    He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late. 

He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?'

He smiled as he patted my hand and said,

'She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is.'

I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought,

'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'

True love is neither physical, nor romantic.

True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.

true love can't be defined more than this...very nice instance...thanq so much for sharing....

MAY BABA BLESS US ALL....

OM SRI SAI RAM

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
    • OM SAIRAM
    nice story..
    « Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 10:41:35 AM »
  • Publish
  • One day, a rich dad took his son on a trip. Wanted to show him how poor someone can be. They spent time on the farm of a poor family. On the way home, dad asked, "Did you see how poor they are? What did you learn?".
    Son said, "We have one dog, they have four, we have pool, they have rivers, we have lanterns at night, they have stars, we buy foods, they grow theirs, we have walls to protect us, they have friends, we have encyclopedias, they have Bible." Then they headed, "Thanks dad for showing me how poor we are."

MORAL LESSON: It's not about money that make us rich, it's about simplicity of having God in our lives.
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline sai_child

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 12:54:41 PM »
  • Publish
  • One day, a rich dad took his son on a trip. Wanted to show him how poor someone can be. They spent time on the farm of a poor family. On the way home, dad asked, "Did you see how poor they are? What did you learn?".
    Son said, "We have one dog, they have four, we have pool, they have rivers, we have lanterns at night, they have stars, we buy foods, they grow theirs, we have walls to protect us, they have friends, we have encyclopedias, they have Bible." Then they headed, "Thanks dad for showing me how poor we are."

MORAL LESSON: It's not about money that make us rich, it's about simplicity of having God in our lives.
    OM SRI SAI RAM
    Nice story Sateesh...
    There's a saying which is the same as this moral of the story...
    ALWAYS COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS AND NOT YOUR CURSES...

MAY BABA BLESS US ALL..

Offline Sairamsai

• Blessings 4
    « Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 01:08:21 PM »
  • Publish
  • OMSAIRAM

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
    • OM SAIRAM
    It is the Little things that make a big difference!!!
    « Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 06:55:40 AM »
  • Publish
  • There was a man taking a morning walk at or the beach. He saw that along with the morning tide came
     hundreds of starfish and when the tide receded, they were left behind and with the morning sun rays,
     they would die. The tide was fresh and the starfish were alive. The man took a few steps, picked one
    and threw it into the water. He did that repeatedly. Right behind him there was another person who
     couldn't understand what this man was doing. He caught up with him and asked, "What are you doing?
     There are hundreds of starfish. How many can you help? What difference does it make?"

This man did not reply, took two more steps, picked up another one, threw it into the water, and said, "It makes a difference to this one."
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline PiyaSoni

• Members
    • Blessings 21
    • ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ
    « Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 01:53:56 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sometimes we spend time asking who is responsible or whom to blame,whether in a relationship, in a job or with the people we know. We miss out some warmth in human relationship to give each other support. Treasure what you have.

Just a little story ....

A boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were a loving couple and the boy was the apple of their eyes. When the boy was around two years old, one morning the husband saw a medicine bottle open. He was late for work so he asked his wife to cap the bottle and keep it in the cupboard. His wife, preoccupied in the kitchen totally forgot the matter. The boy saw the bottle and playfully went tothe bottle and fascinated by its color, drank it all. It happened to be a poisonous medicine meant for adults in small dosages. When the child collapsed the mother hurried him to the hospital, where he died. The mother was stunned.She was terrified how to face her husband. When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw the dead child, he looked at his wife and uttered just four words.

The husband just said "I Love You Darling"

The husband's totally unexpected reaction is aproactive behavior. The child is dead. He can never be brought back to life. There is no point in findingfault with the mother. Besides, if only he had taken time to keep the bottle away, this would not have happenned. No one is to be blamed. She had also lost her only child. What she needed at that moment was consolation and sympathy from the husband. That is what he gave her. If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears. And you will find things are actually not as difficult as you think.

" A successful relationship requires falling in love many times ----- with the same person."

Facebook Comments