Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Children's Sai Baba  (Read 15943 times)

Online Admin

• Administrator
  • Blessings 54
  • साई राम اوم ساي رام ਓਮ ਸਾਈ ਰਾਮ OM SAI RAM
    • Sai Baba
Children's Sai Baba
« on: March 21, 2007, 05:56:03 AM »
  • Publish
  • My young friends,

A picture, like the one on the cover, you have no doubt seen in many places. In many homes, in the bazar, in shops and in taxis you will find this picture. It is of Sai Baba, the Great Saint, who lived at Shirdi, District Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India. He was extremely fond of children, because he himself had childlike simplicity and purity of heart. Whence did be come to Shirdi, how he attained a name and fame, what experiences people had about him - all these wonderful stories I will tell you in the following pages. Having read these once, you will feel like reading them again and again till you get them by heart. Like countless other people, you will come to love Baba. You will offer him daily prayer and ask for his blessings, which he will certainly bestow on you.

Introducing you to Baba,

This is your chacha
    D.D. Parchure

Online Admin

• Administrator
    • Blessings 54
      • Sai Baba
    BABA'S FIRST DARSHAN
    « Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 05:57:22 AM »
  • Publish
  • In Maharashtra,  there is a district named Aurangabad, in which there is a village named Dhoopkhede. Chandbhai was the patel of that village. Once he lost his horse. Chandbhai searched and searched, but to no avail. A week after, while he was on the search, he noticed by the roadside a young lad of sixteen, having sedate looks and wearing the garb of a fakir. This beautiful boy with lustrous eyes at once captured Chandbhai's heart. Reading, as if the onlooker's mind, the fakir beckoned Chandbhai and asked, "What are you looking for, patel?

"I have lost my horse. For this whole week, I am searching him," said Chand, approaching the fakir, with folded hands. "Then why go further? Your animal is grazing beyond that hedge, there, look!" told the fakir, with. a gentle smile, pointing to a thick hedge beyond which nothing could really be seen. Chandbhai went and saw, and Io! The horse was found quietly grazing there.

Chandbhai was awe-struck. How did this fakir recognise him as the patel, how did the boy know that there, was a horse beyond the hedge and that it belonged to him all this struck him with wonder. He was convinced that the boy had a spark of Divinity in him. As Chandbhai related this incident among his friends and neighbours, the boy's fame spread like a drop of oil on the surface of water.

A few months later, a marriage procession went from Dhoopkhede to Shirdi. The boy fakir also accompanied it. When the procession reached the outskirts of Shirdi,it stopped to pay homage to God Khandoba. Mhalsapati, the priest of Khandoba temple, eyed the fakir, and out of spontaneous admiration, exclaimed, "Welcome, ye Sai Baba". It was as if the Divine Will that had given the boy this name, for that very naw stuck to him all his life. From that day (1854), the boy stayed in Shirdi. But what was his real name and his native place none ever came to know.

People at Shirdi soon discovered the perfect Saintliness of the fakir and by and by, many of them became his devotees (bhaktas). A few, however, who were themselves of a saintly nature, saw the real worth of this Godly person. Sadhu Gangagir said, "This is a gem. By your great good luck, you have got him." Anandnath said, "This is a jewel you will know its worth in the immediate future."

From places like Bombay and Poona, you can now go to Shirdi directly by State Transport  buses. You can also travel upto Manmad or Kopargaon by Central Rly and then take a bus to Shirdi.

When Sai Baba first came to Shirdi, it was a little known, underdeveloped village. But as Baba came and his fame spread in all quarters, Shirdi also grew and improved. Like Pandharpur, it is now a great place of pilgrimage. Thousands and thousands go there everv year to have a darshan of Baba's, Samadhi (Tomb). Devotees still get the same experiences of Baba as they did when Baba lived in flesh. Baba entered Samadhi in 1918.

Now let us see Wherein lay Baba's greatness and read the Bhaktas' actual experiences about Baba.

Online Admin

• Administrator
    • Blessings 54
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Children's Sai Baba - Baba's Devotees
    « Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 05:58:10 AM »
  • Publish
  • Mhalsapati and Kashiram were the two earliest devotees of Baba. They assigned to Baba a dilapidated mosque to live in. Baba named it 'Dwarkamai'. People who came to Shirdi visited Baba and had his darshan at this place. Many structures, small and, big came up at Shirdi later on. But Baba lived all his life in Dwarkamai only. This place is, therefore, regarded as very holy.

Mhalsapati spent almost his whole day with Baba and served him with utmost devotion. Kashiram supplied Baba all necessary things. There was not even a stint of selfishness in this. He did this all out of puire love and sense of service. Once when he was traveling on business, he had a bloody encounter with robbers. He was remembering Baba all the time. While he was, on the point of fainting due to exhaustion, a drama was taking place in Shirdi. Baba, throwing up his hands was shouting in Kashiram's direction. This gave Kashiram such a sudden spurt of strength that the robbers, being overpowered, fled away. This was a clear indication of Baba's supernatural powers.

Next, Madhavrao Deshpande of Shirdi was strongly attracted towards Baba. He completely merged himself in Baba's service. Baba lovingly called him 'Shama'. So great was Shama's authority that Baba deputed Shama to go in his own place wherever needed. What Arjuna was to Lord Krishna, the same was Shama to Sai Baba.

Nanasaheb Chandorkar, a highly placed Govt. officer, also became Baba's unflinching devotee. Das Ganu Maharaj was serving in the Police Dept. But, after meeting Baba, be left the service and turned to the Path of devotion. He became one of the greatest kirtankars in modern times. He and Nanasabeb spread the fame of Baba in all quarters.

Sathe built the first wada at Shirdi and this became a good resting place for visitors. Another wada, a bigger one, was built bv Dixit. This provided further amenities. But the biggest wada, a spacious stone and masonry structure, Was built by Gopalrao Buti of Nagpur. The present Samadhi Mandir is housed here.

Radhakrishna Mai came and settled at Shirdi, after her husband's death. She lived only ten years more. But due to her tireless and imaginative work during that short span of life, she eiitirely changed the very face of Shirdi. The present discipline and daily routine at Shirdi were laid down bv her. That Shirdi soon attained the status of a Sansthan (Institution) is a testimony to her fiery zeal.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
    • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Children's Sai Baba
    « Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 06:12:44 AM »
  • Publish
  • Lighting Lamps with Water

Sai Baba was incarnated with full Divine powers. But he called himself  “ Servant of God,” and the supernatural feats that occurred at his hands, he ascribed to God Himself.

He never called himself a Guru and had no disciples too. He had only his devotees.

Every night, Baba used to light earthen lamps in the Dwarkamai. For this, he asked the grocers to give him oil. In the beginning, people looked upon Baba as a mad fakir and so the grocers gave him oil just for the fun of it. But soon they got fed up with this daily practice and one day they all refused to give him oil. With the empty oil-tin dangling from his hand, Baba came back to Dwarkamai, with a merry song on his lips  :-

If no oil, I am not worried,

Dwarkamai will supply the need.

He put a little water in the oil-tin and poured it in the lamps and kindled them one by one. Lo…!b

God said, let there be light

And there was light!

The ‘water-lamps’ burnt throughout the night. Those who had come to scoff remained to praise.

This incident established the supernatural powers of Baba beyond a shred of doubt.

Jaisairam.

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 06:14:03 AM »
  • Publish
  • Baba’s All Pervasiveness

Baba had become one with every being in the world. Hence the service of any creature ultimately reached Baba.

A lady lived in Shirdi and would daily bake two breads- one for Baba and another for herself. One day she was taking the bread for Baba when a dog approached her, licking its lips in hunger. Instantly, by some inner urge, she offered the bread to the dog. She went back and started again to take the other bread for Baba. Now a pig approached her and she offered him that bread too. Then she realized that she had nothing to give to Baba, she felt intensely sorry and mentally asked Baba’s pardon. Later, she went to Baba and sat down with folded hands. Immediately Baba said, “Ma, today you offered me bread twice so that was doubly satisfied.” The lady thought Baba was taunting her for not giving him anything. Remorsefully she cried, ”Baba today I had nothing left with me. So what could I bring for you? Baba replied “Ma you offered one bread to a dog and another to a pig. They both reached me, because I am one with them.

Once a lizard, perch on a wall in the Dwarkamai, began chirping vigorously. This considered to be an ill-omen. So a devotee asked Baba what evil it portended. Baba said, “ There is no evil portend in this. The lizard’s sister will presently come here from Aurangabad to meet her. So she is singing in joy.

”Everyone thought that Baba was joking". As was his won't. But very soon a bhakta arrived from Aurangabad for Baba’s darshan. As he opened his sack, a lizard jumped out. Straightaway she scaled the wall and embraced her ‘sister’. Their gesticulations definitely showed that they were overjoyed to meat each other. How could Baba know all this before hand? All were convinced that the two lizards were sisters.

A darvesh had tamed a tiger that used to do certain tricks and thus maintain himself and his master. As the tiger grew old, he could no longer play tricks. Naturally, he and his master both had to face starvation. Ultimately, the tiger became mad and uncontrollable.

As he was approaching his end, the darvesh brought him to Baba for his last grace. Baba asked the darvesh to release the animal whom at once became quiet. Approaching Baba he prostrated himself at Baba ‘s feet and as Baba was stroking his back, the tiger opened his jaw and breathed his last. Baba said,”This was a great bhakta of Lord Shiva. He has gone to Kailasa. Now bury his mortal remains in front of Shiva.”

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 06:15:46 AM »
  • Publish
  • Das Ganu's bath In Prayag

India is not only rich in its tradition, culture and religious beliefs but also has numerous Holy places. One of these is Prayag situated on the banks of the river Ganga in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It is the point where the waters of the three Holy rivers Ganga. Yamuna and the invisible Saraswati merge into one. For Hindus this is a very holy place and numerous people go to Prayag to have a bath in the holy union of the waters.

Das Ganu an ardent devotee of Baba decided that he too should go to Prayag to have a bath in the Holy waters. Before leaving he went to Baba to ask for his permission to leave. Baba in his soft and meaningful words told Ganu that he needn't go that far, "Our Prayag is here, believe me". Baba's words were enough for Ganu and he humbly put his head on Baba's feet and Wonder of wonders! the Holy Ganga and the Holy Yamuna started flowing from Baba's toes.

Who won't be and so was Ganu, overwhelmed by this miracle. Tears started flowing and feelings of love admiration and devotion took over. He felt inwardly inspired; Baba had shown him that His words were true, "Prayag is here" Das Ganu did not have to go anywhere.

Das Ganu started singing the praises of Baba, his Leelas and his greatness.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 06:16:32 AM »
  • Publish
  • Baba's Remarkable Yoga Practices

Sai Baba's all embracing kindness and omnipresence was well known to all his devotees.

Sai Baba was an exceptional Yogi. He had achieved great prowess in various Yogic actions right in his childhood. Exactly how much excellence he had attainted no one knew. He used to cure people of various ailments and yet he never accepted any payments in return. People came to him from far corners of the country for these Yogic cures. Poor people who were suffering from serious ailments and who had heard of his miraculous curative powers used to come to Baba and get cured. As a consequence of his ability to take upon himself the pain and sufferings of others he faced tremendous difficulties and suffered unimaginable pain. One particular instance is cited in Sai Satcharitra as evidence of this aspect of Baba's love for humanity. Once on Deepawali Baba was sitting beside his Dhuni and while enjoying the warmth of the bonfire he was feeding the Dhuni with firewood.

The flames were getting bigger and brighter. Suddenly Baba put his hand in the fire instead of firewood. His hand was badly scorched. Madhav the servant and Madhav Rao Deshpande when they realized what Baba was doing ran to Baba and forcibly pulled him away from the fire. Madhav Rao asked Baba, "Deva, why did you do this?" Baba replied "A short distance from here a blacksmith's wife was busily working the bellows at the smithy when her husband called out to her. She quickly ran to her husband leaving the baby near the fire. When she was away accidentally the baby fell into the fire. Promptly I put my hand into the fire and rescued the baby. I am not sorry that my hand is burnt but I am very happy that I saved the live of an innocent baby."

When Nana Saheb Chandorkar learnt that Baba had burnt his hand he immediately sent Dr. Parmanand with necessary medicines. Dr. Parmanand requested Baba to permit him to dress his wound but Baba refused. Bhagoji Shinde - a devotee who was suffering from Leprosy was allowed to dress Baba's burnt hand.

Everyday, Bhagoji would rub ghee on the wound, place a leaf on it and then tie a tight bandage. Chandorkar repeatedly begged Baba to get the burn examined by doctors and  take proper treatment but Baba would not agree. When Dr. Parmanand begged him to let him treat the wound Baba brushed him aside saying "Allah alone is my doctor". Bhagoji continued to nurse the hand till Baba took Samadhi. In truth Baba did not require this nursing but he let Bhagoji serve him - such was Baba's love and such his way of granting grace to his devotees.

Baba used to perform wondrous 'Leelas'. There is a specially endearing one about Baby Khaparde. Dada Saheb Khaparde's (of Amrawati) wife had been staying at Shirdi with her younger son. The child had caught plague, was running high fever and had swollen glands.  Mrs. Khaparde was extremely worried and decided to go back to Amrawati. That evening when Baba was passing by 'Vada' (now Samadhi Mandir), in the course of his evening walk Mrs. Khaparde went to Baba and said in a tremulous voice, "Baba my son is suffering from plague hence I want to go back home". Baba, in a very affectionate  tone said to her "the sky is over cast, when the clouds disperse there will be light again", saying this to Mrs. Khaparde he lifted his Kafani and all present saw the four egg size swollen glands. Baba said, "see how I suffer for my Devotees! Their sufferings are mine".

Baba's heart was full of compassion for his Devotees. He loved them as his own children and took their pain and sufferings upon himself.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:03:12 PM by subhasrini »

Online Admin

• Administrator
    • Blessings 54
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Baba's Dhuni
    « Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 07:00:09 AM »
  • Publish
  • After settling in Shirdi, Baba lit up a fire by his yogic powers. It is still kept burning. It is called Dhuni and the holy aslies emerging from it are called "udi".

Baba gave medicines for several ailments and himself served the patients. Later on, Baba gave his patients only the 'Udi' for external use as well as for oral administration. Some wonderful stories of the use of Udi, I will relate to you in another chapter. Appa Bhil supplied the fuel for Baba's dhuni. When be sold two stacks, he gave one for the dhuni.

There was a saint named Tajuddin. His dargah (place of worship) once caught fire. At the same time. Sai Baba in Shirdi, sitting before the Dhuni, made certain movements with his hands. People asked, "what are you doing Baba ?"

"There is a fire at Tajuddin's dargah. I am putting, it out," said Baba.

The next day, a word came from Tajuddin that a fire had broken out at the dargah, but as soon as he remembered Baba, the fire had subsided.

A blacksmith was an ardent devotee of Baba. Once Baba put both his hands in the burning dhuni and took them out as if 'rescuing' something. "Poor girl, if I had delayed a moment longer, she would have been burnt to death".

What had happened was that the blacksmith's daughter, while playing about, had run into the furnace and Baba 'seeing' it, bad rescued her. Baba's hands were scalded, but the girl was saved.

Online Admin

• Administrator
    • Blessings 54
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Baba's daily routine
    « Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 07:02:03 AM »
  • Publish
  • Baba used to be in Dwarkamai the whole day. Nearby there was a thick jungle of thorny shrubs. it was called Lendi Baug. Baba went there for long hours to do yoga practices. Several Bhaktas offered him dakshina (money) and Baba immediately distributed it to the poor and needv. Sometimes, the sum thus distributed was as much as Rs .500/-. Baba never delivered long sermons. He told simple parables, carrying particular lessons. The words came from Baba's heart and directiv entered the listeners' hearts. Sometimes the parable was meant for a particular person. To others, it appeared to be rnerely an amusing story, but it went home straight to the person concerned. Baba knew what was passing in the listener's mind and spoke to him accordingly. Baba even knew the future and forewarned the people about it in suggestive terms. None, knew what 'education' Baba had. But his talk showed that he was well-versed as much in Veda and Upanishads as in Koran Sharif. He analysed every word of Gita very skillfully.

In Shirdi, there, were no good flowers for Baba's worship. Only wild flowers had to be used, so Purandare kaka, an ardent devotee, brought a few saplings from Bombay and asked for Baba's permission to plant them. But Baba flatly refused, obviously because he detested all outward show. He wanted Shirdi to blossom forth with real devotion. Purandare pleaded again and again but Baba was relentless. Purandare felt very sad. Three days passed without Purandare taking even a drop of water. In the meantime the saplings dried up. At last seeing his agony, Baba's heart melted. He called Purandare and, patting him on the back, said lovingly, "Kaka, go and plant the saplings. Though dried up, they will take roots. Go." And it happened exactly as Baba bad said. Something 'super' natural. The flowering plants at present found in Shirdi thus owe their origin to Baba's kripa.

On the way from Dwarkamai to Lendi Baug you will notice a neem tree. Under it there is a cavern containing a tomb. Baba himself pointed out this place and said, "This is my Guru's Samadhi. I have practiced my penance here. When going to Lendi Baug and back, Baba unfailingly stopped here and adoringly bowed to the Samadhi.

Baba, with his own hands, daily prepared 'prasadam' in a big handi. This consisted of rice, dal, vegetables and even meat with appropriately ground masala. AlI Bhaktas were eager to partake even a morsel of it. Without distinction of caste, creed or religion, they all assembled in a spirit of bon homie. It was a sight worth seeing. It was the Gopal kala of Baba. Baba himself went a-shopping to buy all the articles required for the prasadam.

In wordly dealings, Baba was very practical. Here is an instance. Once a woman came with a bunch of seeta-fals --- the first flush of the season --- to sell the same to Baba. After much higgling and haggling, Baba fixed the price at 10 annas. Presently, another woman came with a similar bunch. But Baba now fixed the price at 6 annas . Why? Because, the need at the second deal was much less, and so was the price offered. However, while making payment, Baba paid Re 1/- to each. Thus Baba was a liberal giver, but could not be cheated to give.

Baba had no temptation as regards his body or the household. He begged alms as a vow at five houses only and lived in the ramshackle mosque Dwarkamai with perfect satisfaction.

In Dwarkamai, there was a shelf 5 ft. long and barely 9 inches in width, hung by slender shreds. Many a time, Baba was found sleeping on that shelf. How could those shreds support the weight of the shelf with Baba lying on it was a mystery never solved. But how Baba got up there and back again was a mystery deeper still.

Online Admin

• Administrator
    • Blessings 54
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Baba's Miracles
    « Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 07:04:03 AM »
  • Publish
  • Baba was a Mahatma (Great Soul) with uncanny,divine powers. But he called himself "Servant of God,' and the supernatural feats that occured at his hands, he ascribed to God Himself. He never called himself a Guru and had no disciples too. He had only his devotees.

Now I will tell you some of the earliest leelas of Baba.

Every night, Baba used to light earthen lamps in the Dwarkamai. For this, he asked the grocers to give him oil. In the beginning, people looked upon Baba as a mad fakir, and so the grocers gave him oil just for the fun of it. But soon they got fed up with this daily practice and one day they all refused to give him oil.

With the empty oil-tin dangling from his hand, Baba came back to Dwarkamai, with a merry song on his lips :-

If no oil, I am not worried,

Dwarkamai will supply the need.

He put a little water in the oil tin and drank it, as if to please the God within. Then he took more water, poured it in the lamps and kindled them one by one. Alack and ... !

God said, let there be light

And there was light !

The 'water-lamps' burnt throughout the night. Those who had come to scoff remained to praise.

This incident established the supernatural powers of Baba beyond a shred of doubt.

At another time, there was an epidemic of Cholera in Shirdi. Helpless people approached Baba for relief. Baba daily used to grind corn in the Dwarkamai. Now he called the village women and asked them to lend a helping hand to grind some wheat, beckoning God all the time to save his children. Then he asked the women to throw the wheat-flour on the outskirts of the village. Immediately, the calamity was driven away.

One evening, the sky suddenly became overcast with clouds. There were strong winds and flashes of lightening. Soon there was a fierce hailstorm, followed by heavy rains. Again Baba ran to the villagers' rescue. With satka (a foot-long black rod) in hand, he stood at Dwarkamai's door, and thrashing the pillars with satka, ordered the rains to stop. And stop they did!

Once the fire in the dhuni blew up fiercely and the flames rose higher and higher. Baba ordered the fire to calm down and the fire instantly obeyed.

Many a time, Baba took the bhaktas' ailments on himself. He suffered their pangs and the bhaktas' were were relieved. An instance in point is that of a young boy who had come to Shirdi with his mother. The mother was constantly in the service of Baba, when her son had an attack of plague. The fever rose dangerously and the mother, 'thinking that nothing could be done in Shirdi, asked Baba whether the son should be taken home. Consoling her, Baba said, "Mother, since you have thrown the burden on me, you need not worry. I am taking on your son's fever and the bubos, look". So saying, he showed the bubos in his arm-pits. The fever too could be clearly felt. The boy soon recovered.

Online Admin

• Administrator
    • Blessings 54
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Baba's Festivals
    « Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 07:05:07 AM »
  • Publish
  • Once Gopalrao Gund, another steadfast devotee of Baba, thought of celebrating the Ram Navami festival at Shirdi and holding also a fair along with it. Baba was exactly thinking of the same things and so he readily agreed to Gopalrao's proposal. The Ram Navami festival and the fair were started in 1911 and are continuing from year to year to this day on better and bigger scale. Thousands of devotees from all parts of the country attend this festival. Three days there is kirtan, at the end of which there is Gopal-Kala.

Lord Krishna's birthday is celebrated on the Gokul Ashtarni day when the popular sport Dahi-handi is held. There are also wrestling bouts at which tempting prizes are given. Physical culture and solidarity among the people - the two main features of Krishna's life - are achieved through this festival. This is the very foundation of a healthy society.

Guru Pournima is celebrated in the month of Ashadh. This is the day of paying yearlv tribute to one's guru. Though Baba never called himself a Guru, still the Bhaktas offer special worships to Baba on this day out of love and veneration. Artists voluntarily present their performances before Baba. The underlying principle of the Ram-Krishna festivals is to foster a feeling of equality among different sections of the society. On such occasions people forget their differences and freely mix together. Mahatmas like Sai Baba want exactly to achieve this and that is why they celebrate various festivals.

Online Admin

• Administrator
    • Blessings 54
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Baba's all pervasiveness
    « Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 07:08:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • Baba had become one with every being in the world. Hence the service of any creature ultimately reached Baba.

A lady living at Shirdi would daily bake two breads - one for Baba and another for herself. One day she was taking the bread for Baba when a dog approached her, licking its lips in hunger. Instantly, by some inner urge, she offered the bread to the dog. She went back and started again to take the other bread for Baba. Now a pig approached her and she offered him that bread too. Then realising that she had nothing to give to Baba, she felt intensely sorry and mentally asked Baba's pardon. Later, she went to Baba and sat with folded hands. immediately Baba said, "Ma, today you offered me bread twice, so that I was doubly satisfied." The lady thought Baba was taunting her for not giving him anything. Remorsefully she cried, ."Baba, today I had nothing left with me. So what could I bring for you ?" Baba-replied, "Ma, you offered one bread to the dog and another to the pig. They both reached me, because I am one with them."

Once a lizard, perched on a wall in the Dwarkamai began chirping vigourously. This is considered to be an ill-omen. So a devotee asked Baba what evil it portended. Baba said, "There is no evil portend in this. The lizard's sister will presently come here from Aurangabad to meet her. So she is singing in joy."

Everyone there thought Baba was joking as was his habit. But very soon a bhakta arrived from Aurangabad for Baba's darshan (to meet and seek blessings). And as he opened his sack, a lizard jumped out. Straightaway she scaled the wall and embraced her 'sister'. Their jesticulations definitely showed that they were overjoyed to meet each other. How could Baba know all this before hand ? All were convinced that the two lizards were sisters. My young friends, if you were there to, see the meeting, would vou not feel the same ?

Serpents and scorpions too were in Baba's command. Once a cobra bit Shama's foot and its poison began to go up. Shama was brought to Dwarkamai. Sensing the danger to Shama's life, Baba said sternly, stop going up. Come down." This was a command to the Serpent's poison and it obeyed the same immediately.

A darvesh had tamed a tiger who used to do certain tricks and thus maintain himself and his master. As the tiger grew old, he could no longer play his tricks. Naturally, he and his master both had to face starvation. Ultimately, the tiger became mad and uncontrollable. As he was approaching his end, the darvesh brought him to Baba for a last grace. Baba asked the darvesh to release the animal who at once became quiet. Approaching Baba he prostrated himself at Baba's feet and as Baba was stroking his back, the tiger opened his jaw and breathed his last. Baba said, "This was a great bhakta of Lord Shiva. He has gone to Kailash (Lord Shiva's abode). Now bury his mortal remains in front of Shiva".

It was done. Today his tomb can be seen in Shirdi.

Online Admin

• Administrator
    • Blessings 54
      • Sai Baba
    Re: All Knowing Baba
    « Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 07:09:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • Just as Baba knew the present, so he knew the past and future too. Such a person is known as Trikal-gyani or Siddha. This will be clear from the following stories.

A certain lady was a life-long devotee of Baba. Once she came to Baba and bowed at his feet. Stroking her head, Baba said "Ma, you have a bad headache, isn't it ?"

Looking up in surprise, she said, "Baba, it was aching till this moment, but there is not a trace of it now."

"Well, it will never ache again," said Baba.

The fact was that the lady's head was aching for the last six years. However, she had not come to Baba so that it could be cured by his grace. Yet Baba recognised her ailment and cured it by his miraculous touch.

At her residence, the lady used to offer naivedya (prasadam) to Baba thrice a day. Baba told her that he visited her house thrice daily to accept her offerings. Baba also told all the details about her house and the inmates.

A certain lady in Bombay asked her husband for a rupee to be offered to Baba in her house. The husband was in a hurry to go to his office. He opened his purse, but found only a ten-rupee note and no rupee coin. So he said, he would get the change in the evening and then give her the rupee she wanted. The gentleman descended the staircase and, feeling his other pockets, found a rupee therein. But, instead of going back and giving the coin to his wife, he proceeded to the office. But in the evening, none remembered about it.

A few days later, they both went to Shirdi. As thev were sitting before him, Baba said, "Ma, people have now-a-days become liars, isn't it ? Even though they have a rupee in their pocket, they say they don't have it. The lady could not understand the meaning of these words. But the gentleman at once knew what Baba was saying. He fell at Baba's feet and asked for pardon.

At Nanded, there was a wealthv merchant, named Ratanji. He had several daughters, but no son. He was therefore very, dejected. Das Ganu had advised him to go to Shirdi and have a darshan of Sai Baba. Ratanji earnestly wanted to do so, but due to pressure of work, he had not been able to go. Once a local Saint, Mouli Baba by name, came all of a sudden to Ratanji's house. Ratauji treated him with utmost respect and offered him flowers and sweets. Mouli Babe blessed him.

A few months later Ratanji went to Shirdi. As he sat before Baba with hands folded, Baba said to him, "you have already offered me a dakshina of Rs 3-14-0 and now you have yourself come to this Masjid. So don't worry. Allah will grant your wishes." So saying, Baba applied Udi to Ratanji's forehead.

Ratanji returned with satisfaction. But he was puzzled as to the dakshina of Rs. 3-14-0 which Baba had referred to. He told about it to Das Canu. But he too couldn't make out anything. Then, in the course of conversation, Mouli Baba's visit cropped up and just for fun; they made a list of all the expenses done on that occasion. And what a wonder! The expenses added up exactlv to Rs. 3-14-0. it was clear that things offered to Mouli Baba in Nanded had reached Sai Baba in Shirdi !

The next year Ratanji was blessed with a son.

Another merchant. Seth Hariischandra Pitale, had gone to Shirdi for the first time. His infant son was also with him. Baba gave him three silver rupees aiid said, "I have already given you two rupees. Keep these three with them and worship them together. They will lead to your welfare."

Pitale returned home with satisfaction. But since he had gone to Baba for the first time, he could not understand Baba's words, 'I have already given you two rupees'. He asked his mother. She thought deeply and, as in a flash, she exclaimed, "Ah, I got it. When you were young your father had gone to Akkalkot Swami, who had given him two rupees for worship. Your father worshipped them in his lifetime. But, after him, they have been lying uncared for. Now the Swami is re-born as Sai Baba in Shirdi, and that is why he reminded vou of the 'two rupees already given and gave you three more. Henceforward, worship them all with devotion."

These incidents  show how Baba was a Trikal-gyani Siddha.

Online Admin

• Administrator
    • Blessings 54
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Oneness with God
    « Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 07:11:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • Baba was God incarnate. God is only one - really nameless and formless, but he appears in any form which is dear to his bhaktas. This is what Baba also did. Sometimes he appeared as Ram or Krishna, sometimes Vithal, sometimes Akkalkot Swami, sometimes a Moulvi, or a Guru.

When Das Ganu was staying with Baba in Shirdi, he once wished to go to Pandharpur to see Vithal. He asked for Baba's permission. Baba said. "Ganu, for you Shirdi itself is Pandharpur. Why leave Shirdi and go so far ?" Das Ganu had implicit faith in Baba. But he thought, "if Shirdi is Pandharpur, then who is the Vithal here ?" As, with that thought in his mind, he looked up. Baba appeared to him in the form of Vithal. He has composed a beautiful song on this incident.

Gauli Buwa mostly lived at Pandharpur, serving Vithal. But occasionally he used to go on pilgrimage and when he visited Shirdi, Baba would appear to him as Vithal Himself. At Prayag there is a confluence of Ganga and Jamuna. It is considered a very sacred place. Das Ganu once wished to go there. Again Baba said, "Ganu, your Prayag is here." At this, water began trickling down from both thumbs of Baba's feet. Das Ganu had his "Prayag tirth" there and then.

Bapusaheb Jog, a devout bhakta residing at Shirdi, once longed to have a darshan of the late Akkalkot Swami. When he expressed his desire, Baba gave him a darshan in that form. To another Bhakta. Baba appeared as Gopal Krishna - the bhakta's favourite deity.

A doctor from Bombay was a staunch devotee of Ram. He regarded Baba not as a great saint, but rather as a mad fakir. A close friend of his invited the doctor to go to Shirdi with him. The doctor agreed on the express condition that he would come to Shirdi merely as an onlooker, but not bow before Baba. On reaching Shirdi, the very atmosphere there softened' the doctor's resolve. He accompanied his friend who had started to go to Baba, and, on seeing Baba from a distance, the doctor ran towards him and fell at his feet. Smiling meaningfully, Baba blessed him. As they both started to come back, the friend asked, "What happened, doctor ? Did you forget your resolve ?" "As soon as I saw Baba, my resolve vanished, for in Baba's place there appeared Shri Ram of Ayodhya.

Unaware of myself. I ran and fell at his feet," said the doctor with tears of joy. For a long time after this, he was immersed in a state of bliss. A staunch Shastri of Nasik had come to Shirdi with a similar resolve. His devotion was only to his Guru who had passed into Samadhi some time earlier. Baba gave him a darshan in the form of his late Guni, whereby the Shastri was completely transformed. Some students while appearing for their examinations, or even afterwards, ask an astrologer whether they would pass or not. The astrologer tells them some hotch-potch, and the students get uneasy thereby. Sai Baba discouraged such habits. He would advise the students to concentrate on their studies and for the rest put their trust in God. Baba would bless them and apply Udi on their forehead. Such students would always come out with flying colours.

Online Admin

• Administrator
    • Blessings 54
      • Sai Baba
    Re: The Powers of Udi
    « Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 07:11:55 AM »
  • Publish
  • Friends, I have told you what Udi is. It is not the ordinary ash. It is the ash from the dhuni which Baba had lit by his yogic power. Hence the Udi has all the powers of Baba. It has banished the agonies and cured incurable diseases of innumerable persons. Here are a few real instances.

A certain doctor's nephew had bone-cancer. The doctor tried all remedies, including surgical operation, but in vain. With acute pain, the boy cried pitiably. At last the doctor brought the boy to Baba and threw all burden on him. Daily Baba placed a blessing glance on the wound and applied Udi on it. Within a week, the boy was completely cured.

Another doctor had a guinea-worm in his leg, which was terribly swollen and caused intense pain. He approached Baba with a request to release him from his mortal coil and thus end his agony for good. Baba daily applied Udi to his leg and also administered it orally. One day, an attendant inadvertently stepped on the doctor's affected leg with the result that the wound burst open and the guinea-wom was driven out. The doctor was soon cured.

There are countless instances of this kind. But I will tell you one, deserving special mention.

Nanasaheb Chandorkar, one of the earliest devotees of Baba, was a mamlatdar at Jamner, about 24 miles from Jalgaon in Khandesh. One can go upto Jalgaon by railway and then take a tonga.

Nanasabeb's daughter, Maina had come to Jamner for delivery. For fortyeight hours, she was in labour and her very life was in danger. Nanasaheb was appealing to Baba to come to her succour. Sai Baba as if 'heard' it in Shirdi. Ramgir, a resident bhakta, was then inspired to go to his village in Khandesh. He came to ask for Baba's permission. Baba said, "Yes. Start immediately. But first go to Nanasaheb at Jamner, givehim Udi and Arati, and then proceed home". Baba gave him a packet of Udi from the dhuni with his own hands and the Arati on a piece of paper to be recited at Maina's bedside. Ramgir took the two things, but, in a tone of anxiety, he asked, "Baba, I have only two rupees with me. With this much. I can barely go to Jalgaon. But how could I make a detour to Jamner and thence to my place ?" "You need not worry," Said Baba, "You only go to Jalgaon. Everything will be arranged thereafter."

With firm faith in Baba, Ramgir started. He had to pay Rs. 1-14-0 for railwav ticket and only two annas were left with him. About midnight the train reached Jalgaon and Ramgir got down. Just then a sepoy in Khaki uniform approached him and said "Sir, you are Ramgir from Shirdi, I hope". Ramgir said he was. "Then come along," said the sepoy, Nanasaheb has sent me with a tonga for you." Ramgir thought that as Baba had hinted he must have sent a word to Nanasaheb and asked him to make these arrangements. The sepoy gave him a few snacks, which he said, were sent bv Nanasaheb. Then the tonga started and by dawn, it arrived at Jamner. The sepoy, pointing to a distant 'building, said, "That is Nanasaheb's office." Ramgir alighted there to ease himself and went behind a bush. But as he came out, what did he find ? Nothing, no horses, no carriage, no sepoy. All had disappeared. Dumbfounded, he went to Nanasaheb's office and, obtaining Nanasabeb's address, went there. Saluting Nanasaheb, he said, "Baba has sent me here from Shirdi and has given you these things." A thrill went through Nanasaheb on hearing this. He said, 'Oh Baba, Baba! What should I say to you ? I called your name here and hearing my call in Shirdi, you at once ran here in the form of these things. A million pranams to you ! "

Nanasaheb applied the Udi to his daughter and put a little in her mouth too. Then he sat by her bedside, reciting the arati. And would you believe it ? In half an hour, Maina delivered safely. Ramgir was waiting outside. Nanasabeb came out and thanked him profoundly. Eagerly Ramgir asked, "Nana, your tonga brought me to Jamner all right. But then as I got down to ease myself, it suddenly vanished. Where is that tonga ?" "Which tonga ?" asked the puzzled Nana. "Your tonga which you had sent for me to Jalgaon Station. Your sepoy met me there, g;ave me your delicious snacks and brought me here with great speed."

With tears of gratitude, Nanasaheb said, "Ramgir, I had not the faintest idea that you were coming. So how could I have sent the tonga ? This is all no doubt done by Baba. How unbounded is your kripa, Oh mother Sai !"

Later, Nanasaheb himself related this whole incident to the people assembled at Shirdi. It therefore bears a stamp of authority.

Facebook Comments