Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: SMALL STORIES  (Read 179088 times)

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
  • OM SAIRAM
Re: life story...
« Reply #315 on: August 01, 2011, 03:07:50 AM »
  • Publish
  • I think u all guys read this story but once again im posting this bcoz so many of them dont realize the value of relationship

A young man was getting ready to graduate college. For
         many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's
         showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told
    him that was all he wanted.

As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited
         signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the
    morning  of his graduation his father called him into his private
      study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine
    son, and  told him how much he loved him. He handed his son
    a beautiful   wrapped gift box.

Curious, but somewhat disappointed the young man
         opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible. Angrily,
    he raised his voice at his father and said, "With all your money you
    give  me  a Bible?" and stormed out of the house, leaving the holy
    book.

Many years passed and the young man was very successful in
    business.
         He had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his
         father was very old, and thought perhaps he should go to him. He
    had   not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make
         arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had
         passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He
    needed   to come home immediately and take care things.
    When he arrived at  his father's house, sudden sadness and
    regret filled his heart.

He began to search his father's important papers and
         saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With
    tears,  he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. As he
    read those   words, a car key dropped from an envelope
    taped behind the Bible.
    It  had a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the
    sports  car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation,
         and the words...PAID IN FULL.

How many times do we miss God's blessings because they are not
         packaged as we expected?
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline PiyaSoni

• Members
    • Blessings 21
    • ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ
    Re: The Power of Your Actions
    « Reply #316 on: August 01, 2011, 03:09:30 AM »
  • Publish
  • One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd." I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friend the following afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.

As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes.

My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him, and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, I saw a tear in his eye.
    I handed him his glasses and said, "Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives.
    He looked at me and said, "Hey, thanks!" There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude. I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived. It turned out he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before coming to this school.

I would have never hung out with a private school kid before. We talked all the way home, and I carried his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play football on Saturday with me and my friends. He said yes. We hung all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him. And my friends thought the same of him. Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, "Damn boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!". He just laughed and handed me half the books. Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends.

When we were seniors, we began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship. Kyle was valedictorian of our class.

I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak.

Graduation day arrived - I saw Kyle and he looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than me and all the girls loved him!

Boy, sometimes I was jealous. Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech. So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!"

He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. "Thanks," he said. As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began. "Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach... but mostly your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story."

I stared at my friend in disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile. "Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable."

I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment. I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize its depth.

Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life. For better or for worse. God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others.

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
    "नानक नाम चढदी कला, तेरे पहाणे सर्वद दा भला "

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
    • OM SAIRAM
    Re: touching story.....
    « Reply #317 on: August 01, 2011, 03:16:42 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

nice one piya liked it n im grt to see this kind of story :)

JAI SAI RAM..
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline PiyaSoni

• Members
    • Blessings 21
    • ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ
    « Reply #318 on: August 01, 2011, 03:24:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • OmSaiRam

Sateesh have posted before yur above story its realy a great one , thanks for reminding it again .... :)

Keep posting  :D

Sai Samarth..........Shraddha Saburi

Offline ShAivI

• Members
    • Blessings 56
    • बाबा मुझे अपने ह्र्दय से लगा लो, अपने पास बुला लो।
    « Reply #319 on: August 01, 2011, 03:26:05 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM Sateesh & Piya dear,

यह "Touching Story " से किसीके आँख में आंसू ना आये इसलिए तो मैंने कुछ हटकर ऐसा reply दिया. फिर भी तुमदोनो के water tank "over flow " हो रहा है. कहीं तुम दोनों के आंसू से "द्वारकामाई" में बाढ़ न आ जाए.  :) ;) :D ;D दोनों अपने आपको ज़रा संभालो.

Be Blessed!
    Love & LIght!
    Om Sai Ram!  :)

OM SAI RAM! :) ;) :D ;D

Good one Sateesh. Thanks for sharing!  

Be Blessed!
    Love & Light!
    Om Sai Ram! :)

OmSaiRam

Satessh , Thanks for yur words

Sai Samarth......Shraddha Saburi
    OM SAI RAM

piya this is too much since i made u cry in my last story so now  this time u made me cry with this story  :D jus kidding ...  really u thought me  what   "a relationship" can do, love, care.. no words from my side piya really neat n clean story..  touching story yaar..

JAI SAI RAM

OmSaiRam

Sateesh , yu make me cry can't hold my tears, realy a touching story

Vry nice thanks for sharing ...

Sai Samarth.........Shraddha Saburi

OM SAI RAM

thanks piya.. even my water tanks in both the eyes got leaked while reading this story :)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:31:25 AM by ShAivI »

JAI SAI RAM !!!

Offline PiyaSoni

• Members
    • Blessings 21
    • ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ
    « Reply #320 on: August 01, 2011, 03:31:36 AM »
  • Publish
  • OmSairam Shaivi Dear

Dn't worry itna over flow bhi nai hua :) , han Sateesh ka na ho raha ho uski aankhoo mein to water tank lage hue hai :D....

Sateesh be careful , Shaivi ji ka kehna kahi sach na ho dwarakami mein baad na aa jaye.. ;)

Sai Samarth........Shraddha Saburi

OM SAI RAM Sateesh & Piya dear,

यह "Touching Story " से किसीके आँख में आंसू ना आये इसलिए तो मैंने कुछ हटकर ऐसा reply दिया. फिर भी तुमदोनो के water tank "over flow " हो रहा है. कहीं तुम दोनों के आंसू से "द्वारकामाई" में बाढ़ न आ जाए.  :) ;) :D ;D दोनों अपने आपको ज़रा संभालो.

Be Blessed!
    Love & LIght!
    Om Sai Ram!  :)

OM SAI RAM! :) ;) :D ;D

Good one Sateesh. Thanks for sharing! 

Be Blessed!
    Love & Light!
    Om Sai Ram! :)

OmSaiRam

Satessh , Thanks for yur words

Sai Samarth......Shraddha Saburi
    OM SAI RAM

piya this is too much since i made u cry in my last story so now  this time u made me cry with this story  :D jus kidding ...  really u thought me  what   "a relationship" can do, love, care.. no words from my side piya really neat n clean story..  touching story yaar..

JAI SAI RAM

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
    • OM SAIRAM
    « Reply #321 on: August 01, 2011, 04:16:52 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

haha no no i controlled myself shaivi  :D n piya ha water tank me pani katham hogaya mere  ;D  so no problem now  :)

JAI SAI RAM..
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline PiyaSoni

• Members
    • Blessings 21
    • ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ
    Re: Can i borrow Rs 25/- ....
    « Reply #322 on: August 02, 2011, 06:12:50 AM »
  • Publish
  • A woman came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find her 5-year old son waiting for her at the door.

SON: 'Mummy, may I ask you a question?'

MUM: 'Yeah sure, what it is?' replied the woman.

SON: 'Mummy, how much do you make an hour?'

MUM: 'That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?' the woman said angrily.
    SON: 'I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?'

MUM: 'If you must know, I make R 50 an hour.'

SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: 'Mummy, may I please borrow R25?'

The mother was furious, 'If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don't work hard everyday for such childish frivolities.'

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door..

The woman sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the woman had calmed down , and started to think:

Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that R25.00 and she really didn't ask for money very often.The woman went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

'Are you asleep, son?' She asked.

'No Mummy, I'm awake,' replied the boy.

'I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier' said the woman. 'It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the R25 you asked for.'

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. 'Oh, thank you Mummy!' he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.

The woman saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.

The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his mother.

'Why do you want more money if you already have some?' the mother grumbled.

'Because I didn't have enough, but now I do,' the little boy replied.

'Mummy, I have R50 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.'

The mother was crushed. She put his arms around her little son, and she begged for his forgiveness.

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. Do remember to share that R50 worth of your time with someone you love.

If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of hours. But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

Offline PiyaSoni

• Members
    • Blessings 21
    • ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ
    Re: THE HORSE THAT WANTED MORE BEAUTY
    « Reply #323 on: August 02, 2011, 06:16:16 AM »
  • Publish
  • A cosmic god had ahorse. The horse was beautiful and also it had many good qualities. But it wanted to be more perfect in every way. It especially wanted to become beauty unparalleled.
    One day the horse said to the cosmic god, "0 Lord, you have given me beauty. You have given me other good qualities. I am so grateful to you. But how I wish you could make me more beautiful. I would be extremely, extremely grateful if you could make me more beautiful."

The cosmic god said, "I am more than ready to make you more beautiful. Tell me in what way you want to be changed."

The horse said, "It seems to me that I am not well proportioned. My neck is too short. If you can make my neck a little longer, my upper body will be infinitely more beautiful. And if you can make my legs much longer
    and thinner, then I will look infinitely more beautiful in my lower body."

The cosmic god said, "Amenl" Then immediately he made a camel appear in place of the horse. The horse was so disheartened that it started to cry, "0 Lord, I wanted to become more beautiful. In what way is this kind of outer form more beautiful?"
    The cosmic god said, "This is exactly what you asked for. You have become a camel."

The horse cried, "Oh no, I do not want to become a camell I wish to remain a horse. As a horse, everybody appreciated my good qualities. Nobody will appreciate me as a camel."

The cosmic god said, "Never try to achieve or receive more than I have given you. If you want to lead a desire-life, then at every moment you will want more and more. But you have no idea what the outcome will be. If you cry for a longer neck and legs, this is what will happen. Each thing in my creation has its own good qualities. The camel is not as beautiful as you are, but it carries heavy loads and has a tremendous sense of responsibility....

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
    • OM SAIRAM
    Re: SMALL STORIES
    « Reply #324 on: August 02, 2011, 10:04:50 AM »
  • Publish
  • A woman came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find her 5-year old son waiting for her at the door.

SON: 'Mummy, may I ask you a question?'

MUM: 'Yeah sure, what it is?' replied the woman.

SON: 'Mummy, how much do you make an hour?'

MUM: 'That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?' the woman said angrily.
    SON: 'I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?'

MUM: 'If you must know, I make R 50 an hour.'

SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: 'Mummy, may I please borrow R25?'

The mother was furious, 'If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don't work hard everyday for such childish frivolities.'

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door..

The woman sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the woman had calmed down , and started to think:

Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that R25.00 and she really didn't ask for money very often.The woman went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

'Are you asleep, son?' She asked.

'No Mummy, I'm awake,' replied the boy.

'I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier' said the woman. 'It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the R25 you asked for.'

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. 'Oh, thank you Mummy!' he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.

The woman saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.

The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his mother.

'Why do you want more money if you already have some?' the mother grumbled.

'Because I didn't have enough, but now I do,' the little boy replied.

'Mummy, I have R50 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.'

The mother was crushed. She put his arms around her little son, and she begged for his forgiveness.

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. Do remember to share that R50 worth of your time with someone you love.

If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of hours. But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

OM SAI RAM

cutie nice story with lots of love !!!!!

JAI SAI RAM..
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
    • OM SAIRAM
    Re: SMALL STORIES
    « Reply #325 on: September 03, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
  • Publish
  • A MOTHERS LOVE   

A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his Mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is what it said:

For cutting the grass: $5.00
        For cleaning up my room this week: $1.00
        For going to the store for you: $.50
        Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping: $.25
        Taking out the garbage: $1.00
        For getting a good report card: $5.00
        For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00
        Total owed: $14.75

Well, his mother looked at him standing there, and the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he'd written on, and this is what she wrote:

For the nine months I carried you while you were growing inside me:
        No Charge

For all the nights that I've sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you:
        No Charge

For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've caused through the years:
        No Charge

For all the nights that were filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead:
        No Charge

For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose:
        No Charge

Son, when you add it up, the cost of my love is:
        No Charge.

When the boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were big tears in his eyes, and he looked straight at his mother and said, "Mom, I sure do love you." And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: "PAID IN FULL".

Lessons to be learnt: 

You will never how much your parents worth till you become a parent

Be a giver not an asker, especially with your parents. there is a lot to give, besides money.

IF your mom is alive and close  to you, give her a big kiss and ask her for forgiveness. If she is far away, call her. if she passed away, pray for her.

"God bless my mother, all that I am or ever hope to be I owe to her."  Abraham Lincoln
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
    • OM SAIRAM
    Life's Message
    « Reply #326 on: September 03, 2011, 09:39:23 AM »
  • Publish

•  By Unknown

First i was dying to finish my high school and start college And then i was dying to finish college and start working. Then i was dying to marry and have children. And then i was dying for my children to grow old enough so i could go back to work. But then i was dying to retire. And now i'm dying. And suddenly i realized i forgot to live.

Please don't let this happen to you. Appreciate your current situation and enjoy each day.
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
    • OM SAIRAM
    Good Things Will Come...
    « Reply #327 on: September 03, 2011, 09:45:42 AM »
  • Publish
  •      

There may be days when you get up in the morning and things aren't the way you had hoped they would be.

That's when you have to tell yourself that things will get better. There are times when people disappoint you and let you down.

But those are the times when you must remind yourself to trust your own judgments and opinions, to keep your life focused on believing in yourself.

There will be challenges to face and changes to make in your life, and it is up to you to accept them.

Constantly keep yourself headed in the right direction for you. It may not be easy at times, but in those times of struggle you will find a stronger sense of who you are.

So when the days come that are filled with frustration and unexpected responsibilities, remember to believe in yourself and all you want your life to be.

Because the challenges and changes will only help you to find the goals that you know are meant to come true for you.

Keep Believing in Yourself

JAI SAI RAM...
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
    • OM SAIRAM
    You Are Worthy...
    « Reply #328 on: September 03, 2011, 09:50:17 AM »
  • Publish
  • Do not undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others.
    It is because we are different that each of us is special.

Do not set your goals by what other people deem important.
    Only you know what is best for you.

Do not take for granted the things closest to your heart.
    Cling to them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless.

Do not let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past nor for the future.
    By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life.

Do not give up when you still have something to give.
    Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

It is a fragile thread that binds us to each other.

Do not be afraid to encounter risks.
    It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.

Do not shut love out of your life by saying it is impossible to find.
    The quickest way to receive love is to give love;
    The fastest way to lose love is too hold it too tightly;
    In addition, the best way to keep love is to give it wings.

Do not dismiss your dreams.
    To be without dreams is to be without hope;
    To be without hope is to be without purpose.

Do not run through life so fast that you forget not only where you have been, but also where you are going.

Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way. 
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Offline sateesh

• Blessings 0
    • OM SAIRAM
    Twelve Good Thoughts..
    « Reply #329 on: September 03, 2011, 09:56:28 AM »
  • Publish

• 1. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.

2. Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, and the romance in a relationship and find out that you still care for that person.

3. When the door of happiness closes, another opens but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us.

4. The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

5. It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

6. There are things you'd love to hear that you would never hear from the person who you would like to hear from, but don't be so deaf as not to hear it from the one who says it from their heart.

7. Don't go for looks, they can deceive. Don't go for wealth, in the end it fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.

8. Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

9. A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, a loving word may heal and bless.

10. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

11. Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives.

12. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches..
    GURUBHIYO NAMAHA:

Facebook Comments