Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Mantra in original - please, I need help from anybody who knows sanskrit..  (Read 10073 times)

Offline chOdec

• Blessings 0
Hello to everybody..  :)

I am from Europe, Czech Republic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_Republic) and I would like to ask somebody for help. I need exact form of mantra in sanskrit language (devanagari script). I don't know right form in English, but it's something like this:

subham astu sarvadagatam  ???

(there is a page with this topic, but I really need absolutely correct form of this mantra -
http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/language/sanskrit-translation-190448.html)

Please, can somebody help me and give me (if it's possible) some direct link to this mantra in original devanagari script?

I am ataching two images but I am afraid it's wrong - from students of sanskrit in Czech Republic..  :D

thanks very much for everybody..  ;)

edit:
The mantra should mean something like: may all living entities be happy
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 09:31:08 AM by chOdec »

Offline chOdec

• Blessings 0
Nobody..? Really?  :'( Please..

Offline adwaita

• Blessings 12
    • Heaven
Dear friend,

First of all welcome to this online sai mandir.

The english form which you gave was 'subham astu sarvadagatam' but after seeing the attachment and translating the hindi words to english, the exact english form is 'subham astu sarvjagtam'. I did a search which those words but couldn't find any. Will let you know once I get anything related. Baba bless you and guide. om sai ram.

Offline chOdec

• Blessings 0
Thank you very much, adwaita ;)

That english form isn't exactly correct, there are several version on internet.
For example here:

Now they all sat together like friends, eating barley bread with yak cheese crumbled over top. A baby boy in trousers and apron crawled underfoot, while the piercing odor of stale yak cheese hung around them like a miasma. Sang Yum had blessed the tent and the baby, uttered magic words over every pony, and finished with a Sanscrit mantra or two: "Subham astu sarvajagatum!" and "Sarva mangalam!" pronounced resoundingly while the tent-wife sighed with pleasure. It was as if the Dalai Lama himself had come to honor her threshold.
http://www.iras.ucalgary.ca/~volk/sylvia/LostHorizon3.htm

It's just phonetic form of pronunciation of original version in hindi.
Don't you know this mantra? It's one of the most known mantras - like "Om Mani Padme Hum" and.. Do you know anybody, who could know it and help..?

Is there any way how can I give you (help increase) karma..?  :)

Offline adwaita

• Blessings 12
    • Heaven
Dear chodec,

Nice meeting you, although I couldn't find the meaning I went through the link you mentioned. It's very nice. Keep posting any mantras you know in the concerned section. Baba bless you and show you the path. om sai ram.

Offline chOdec

• Blessings 0
This could by the one!!  :P

SUBHAMASTU SARVA JAGATAM

and the first mantra in attached picture on the bottom of the reply..

from here: http://www.suddha.net/

Is it right? In sanskrit language (devanagari script)..?

thanks  8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 07:53:34 AM by chOdec »

Offline v2birit

• Blessings 29
  • जय जय रघुवीर समर्थ
    • Sai Baba Site
शुभमस्तु सर्व जगताम ॥
shuba-mastu sarva jagataam ||

शुभमस्तु - शुभम + अस्तु  (शुभम - auspiciousness + अस्तु - Let be)
सर्व -all, entire, whole
जगताम - the world

Let there be auspiciousness in the whole world

Offline chOdec

• Blessings 0
Thank you very much!  :)
I can't find and understand these little differencies between single words and their combinations which creates whole mantra.
For example - what does mean that sign at the end of mantra?
शुभमस्तु सर्व जगताम

which version of this mantra is correct? both? (see attached picture - first two mantras are the same version, from two different sources - third is different version, from v2birit)

The last two letters in the first word शुभमस्तु (स ्तु) are a little different from the last letter (?) in the first word of another version of mantra. I can't find this letter. Is it some kind of combination of these two letters?

Can I use both version? Are there correct?

thanks again.. ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 09:14:58 AM by chOdec »

Offline v2birit

• Blessings 29
  • जय जय रघुवीर समर्थ
    • Sai Baba Site
The letters may not display correctly on your computer, if INDIC language support is not enabled. The second one in Orange is the perfectly Correct image. You need not look anywhere else. On my computer what i typed & what is in the orange image appear the same.

Also the | or || signs which appear at the beginning or end of the mantra are nothing but delimiters (seperators), just like fullstops in english, which seperate one sentence from other, in sanskrit

Offline adwaita

• Blessings 12
    • Heaven
Very well explained v2birit ji. Thank you so much. Baba bless you always. om sai ram.

Offline chOdec

• Blessings 0
Great work, guys!! :) Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help..

Without you I wouldn't be able find out which version is correct. I hope that every good act (as your help) will come back to you..

thanks again, bye.. ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:52:31 AM by chOdec »

Offline jaan

• Blessings 0
 sai baba tu hai mear sai baba aap ka beena meri zindagi aduri hai

Offline dayalvasnani

• Blessings 15
    • Sai Baba
Om Sai Ram

Correct pronunciation is

SHUBHAMASTU SARVAJAGATAAM
Shri Sai Baba bless all with the best in life.

May every devotee of Shri Sai enjoy Happy, Healthy, Wealthy, Loving Peaceful, and Successful Long Life.

Shradha      Saburi
Sabka Malik Sai

Om Sai Shri Sai Jai Jai Sai

Facebook Comments