April 23, 2014, 02:12:04 PM

E-mail:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moral Stories  (Read 78798 times)
SS91
Members

Blessings 37

OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA

« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2009, 05:29:30 PM »

Proverbs

Grin

Don't throw away your old shoes until you have got new ones. --Dutch Proverb

The heart has eyes that the brain knows nothing of. --American Proverb

Only the man who crosses the river at night knows the value of the light of day. --Chinese Proverb

Love is sweet captivity. --Czech Proverb

Little is done where many command. -- Dutch Proverb

Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, but its fruit is very sweet. --Canadian Proverb

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush. --Irish Proverb

No one tests the depth of a river with both feet. --African Proverb

Time and tide wait for no man. --American Proverb

The world's a stage; each plays his part, and takes his share. --Dutch Proverb

The heart of man and the bottom of the sea are unfathomable. --African Proverb

Diligence is the mother of good luck. --American Proverb

You'll never plow a field by turning it over in your mind. --Irish Proverb

Anger is the only thing to put off until tomorrow. --Czech Proverb

Good luck beats early rising. -- Irish Proverb

A man must put grain in the ground before he can cut the harvest. --Gypsy Proverb

Better be quarrelling than lonesome. --Irish proverb

It's no use carrying an umbrella if your shoes are leaking. --Irish Proverb

Hold a true friend with both your hands. --Nigerian Proverb

True friends are like diamonds, precious and rare; false ones like autumn leaves, found everywhere. --American Proverb

The apple does not fall far from the tree. --Yiddish Proverb

God pays, but not weekly wages. --Polish proverb

Doubt whom you will, but never doubt yourself. --American Proverb

Little and lasting is better than much and passing. --Moroccan Proverb

There is not a tree in heaven higher than the tree of patience. --Irish Proverb

Cheese, wine, and a friend must be old to be good. --Cuban Proverb

God conceals himself from the mind of man, but reveals himself to his heart. --African Proverb

There is not a tree in heaven higher than the tree of patience. --Irish Proverb

Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, but its fruit is very sweet. --Canadian Proverb

Laws without penalties are like bells without clappers. --Czech Proverb

As the baker, so the buns; as the father, so the sons. --American Proverb

A love that can last forever takes but a second to come about. --Cuban Proverb

However long the night, the dawn will break. --African Proverb

A harvest of peace is produced from a seed of contentment. -- American Proverb

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. --Native American Proverb

He who waits for a chance may wait for a long time. --Nigerian Proverb

If you don't have a plan for yourself, you'll be a part of someone else's. --American Proverb

A lady is a woman who makes it easy for a man to be a gentleman. --American Proverb

However long the night, the dawn will break --African Proverb

Choose your friends like your books, few but choice. --American Proverb

There is a great distance between said and done. --Puerto Rican Proverb

After distress, solace. --Swahili Proverb

Eagles fly alone, but sheep flock together. --Polish Proverb

If you speak the truth have a foot in the stirrup. --Turkish proverb

You can outdistance that which is running after you but not what is running inside you. --Rwandan Proverb

A fool and water will go the way they are diverted. --African Proverb

Talking is silver, silence is gold. --German Proverb

Let your anger set with the sun and not rise again. --Irish Proverb

The end is the crown of any work. --Russian Proverb

The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during war. --Chinese Proverb

It is no longer good enough to cry peace. We must act peace, live peace and live in peace. --Native America Proverb

The only difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is the way you use them. --American Proverb

As fast as laws are devised, their evasion is contrived. --German Proverb

Danger past, God forgotten. --Scottish Proverb

JaiSaiRam

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg
SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2009, 07:20:04 AM »

THE FOUR SEASONS

There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly.
So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away.

The first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in summer, and the youngest son in the fall.
When they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describe what they had seen.

The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent and twisted.

The second son said no , it was covered with green buds and full of promise.

The third son disagree, he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen. 

The last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit, full of life and fulfillment.

The man then explained to his sons that they were all right, because they had each seen but only one seasonin the tree's life.

He told them that you cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season, and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up.

If you give up when it's winter, you will miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer, fulfillment of your fall.

Moral lessons:

Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest.

Don't judge life by one difficult season.

Persevere through the difficult patches and better times are sure to come

Jai Sai Ram!!!

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg
shirsi

Blessings 3

Jai Jai Shree Sai!

« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2009, 01:01:11 AM »

Om sai ram

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said: 'I am blind, please help.' There were only a few coins in the hat.

A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy.. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, 'Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?'

The man said, 'I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way.'
What he had written was:
'Today is a beautiful day and I cannot see it.'

Do you think the first sign and the second sign were saying the same thing?

Of course both signs told people the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind. The second sign told people they were so lucky that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?

Moral of the Story: Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative. Think differently and positively.

Invite others towards good with wisdom.
Live life with no excuse and love with no regrets.
When life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile. Face your past without regret.
Handle your present with confidence.
Prepare for the future without fear.
Keep the faith and drop the fear.

Great men say, 'Life has to be an incessant process of repair and reconstruction, of discarding evil and developing goodness…. In the journey of life, if you want to travel without fear, you must have the ticket of a good conscience.'

The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling…
And even more beautiful, knows that you are the reason behind it!!! Smiley

Jai Jai Sai Ram!!

||om shree sai nathaya namaha||
SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2009, 09:32:11 AM »

A little girl and her father were crossing a flimsy bridge. The father was kind of worried for his daughter, so he asked his little daughter, Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river.'

The little girl said, 'No, Dad. You hold my hand.'           

'What's the difference?' asked the puzzled father.

'There's a big difference,' replied the little girl. 'If I hold your hand and something happens to me, chances are that I may let your hand go. But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens, you will never let my hand go.'

' Better give your hand to someone who will never let go of you rather than you holding a hand which is not open for you  '

SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2009, 04:51:35 AM »

A saint asked his disciples, 'Why do we shout in anger? Why do people shout at each other when they are upset?'  Angry

Disciples thought for a while, one of them said, 'Because we lose our calm, we shout for that.'

'But, why to shout when the other person is just next to you?' asked the saint. 'Isn't it possible to speak to him or her with a soft voice? Why do you shout at a person when you're angry?'

Disciples gave some other answers but none satisfied the saint.

Finally he explained, 'When two people are angry at each other, their hearts distance a lot. To cover that distance they must shout to be able to hear each other. The angrier they are, the stronger they will have to shout to hear each other through that great distance.'

Then the saint asked, 'What happens when two people fall in love? They don't shout at each other but talk softly, why? Because their hearts are very close. The distance between them is very small...'

The saint continued, 'When they love each other even more, what happens? They do not speak, only whisper and they get even closer to each other in their love. Finally they even need not whisper, they only look at each other and that's all. That is how close two people are when they love each other.'

MORAL: When you argue do not let your hearts get distant, do not say words that distance each other more, else there will come a day when the distance is so great that you will not find the path to return. 

SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2009, 06:25:05 AM »

The Oak Tree & The Reeds

The Oak tree always thought that he was far stronger then the reeds. He said to himself "I stand upright in a storm. I don't bend my head in fear every time the wind blows. But these reeds are really so weak."

That very night blew a storm and the mighty oak tree was uprooted.

"Good God!" sighed the reeds, "our way is better. We bend but we don't break."

MORAL : Pride hath a fall

SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2009, 05:14:38 PM »

An Ant  and A Grasshopper

A lazy grasshopper laughed at a little ant as she was always busy gathering food.

"why are you working so hard?" he asked, "come into the sunshine and listen to my merry notes."

"But the ant went on her work. She said" I am lying in a store for the winter. Sunny days won't last for ever."

"Winter is so far away yet, "laughed the grasshopper back.

And when the winter came, the ant settled down in her snug house. She had plenty of food to last the whole winter. The grasshopper had nothing to eat so, he went to the ant and begged her for a little corn.

"No", replied the ant, "you laughed at me when I worked. You yourself sang through the summer. So you had better dance the winter away."

MORAL : Idleness is a curse.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:04:28 AM by subhasrini » Logged

SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2009, 08:05:44 AM »

The Fox Without Tail

A fox was once caught in a trap. It was only after a tough struggle that she could get free. But, to her sorrow, her beautiful tail had been cut off and left in the trap.

"How ugly I shall look!" moaned the fox, " won't the other foxes laugh at me ?"

Thinking hard, the fox hit upon a plan to save herself from being laughed at. She called a meeting of his friends and said, "Brothers! have you ever wondered why after all, we carry these long tails?" Let us cut them off and be free from their nuisance."

But the other foxes had noticed her cut-off tail. They laughed aloud and replied, "You used to say that tails looked very fine when your own was all right. Now that you have lost yours, you want us to lose ours too."

MORAL : Dirty tricks seldom work.

SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2009, 05:06:03 AM »

The Wolf And The Goat

Once a wolf saw a goat atop a hill and said, "Come down here, Miss Goat! The grass here is greener and longer."

"Thank You," answered the goat, "the grass down there may be much better. But, if I come down you will get a good meal. So, I prefer to stay here - where you can't reach. At least I am quite safe."

MORAL : Let not others exploit your gentleness.

SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2009, 09:23:15 AM »

The Miser

There was once a miser. He melted all his money into a block of gold and buried it in a pit. Every day he would dig it up and smile to see it.

One night the gold-block was stolen. So, the miser was in tears. A friend of his saw him weeping and said, " You should bury a stone in the pit and look at it every day. You
never spent money when you had it Was it better then a stone anyway?"

MORAL : It is a cause to be a miser.

SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2009, 12:26:35 PM »

The Wind and The Sun

Once the Wind and the Sun came to have a quarrel. Either of them claimed to be a stronger. At last they agreed to have a trial of strength.

"Here comes a traveller. Let us see who can strip him of his clock," said the Sun.

The Wind agreed and chose to have the first turn. He blew in the hardest possible way. As a result , the traveller wrapped his cloak even more tightly around him.

Then it was the turn of the Sun. At first he shone very gently. So, the traveller loosened his cloak from his neck.

The sun went on shining brighter and brighter. The traveller felt hot. Before long he took off his cloak and put it in his bag. The Wind had to accept his defeat.

MORAL : Fury or force cuts no ice where gentleness does the job.

SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2009, 11:47:32 AM »

The Dreamy Milk-Maid

A Milk-maid had been to the meadow to milk her cows. Now she was returning home with a pail of milk on her head.

She thought, "I will make cream and butter out of this milk. Then selling them, I will buy eggs and when they hatch, I shall have a good poultry farm."

She further thought, "I shall sell some of my fowls and buy a fine dress. Seeing it on my body at the fair, all the boys will admire me. But I will turn them away just tossing my head at them."

Lost in day dreams, she forgot about the pail on her head. She tossed her head with a jerk and the pail of milk came tumbling down. it was broken and all the milk got spilt. 

"Dear O dear !" she cried, "I have lost my all."

MORAL: Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2009, 11:33:09 AM »

The Hare And The Tortoise

Once a hare was roaming near a lake in a forest. Suddenly he saw a tortoise and mocked at him saying - "Hurry up, you slow coach! Don't you find life very dull taking so long to cover a few yards? I could have run to the other side of the lake by now."

The tortoise felt teased and dared the hare to a race. The race was to be through the wood to a fixed goal.

The hare agreed laughingly. In a few minutes he was away and out of sight.

"What a funny race it is!" he said to himself , "I am already half -way through. But it is too-too cold; why not have a nap in the warm sunshine?"

The tortoise walked steadily on and on. In a short time, he passed by the sleeping hare.

The hare slept  far longer then he had intended. When he woke up at last, he looked around in surprise and said to himself," Not even a sigh of the poor tortoise anywhere so far; I had better trot along and finish the race."

The hare ran to the goal. He was amazed to see all the animals cheering the tortoise who had arrived just a minute earlier. how ashamed he felt indeed!

MORAL : Slow and steady wins the race.

SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2009, 05:57:53 AM »

LEARN TO LIVE WITH YOUR WEAKNESSES

It was a fine day during the rainy season. A peacock was dancing happily in a forest. Suddenly he reminded of his ugly rough voice. His face turned pale and his eyes started watering.

Suddenly he saw a nightingale sitting on a nearby tree and singing. Listening her, the peacock lamented �what a sweet voice she has, which everybody loves and praises but when I utter a sound everybody makes fun of me. How jinxed am I�.

Just then appeared Juna- wife of Jupiter, the chief of gods. She asked the peacock �why are u said?� The peacock sobbed out � I have got such a beautiful body that is praised by all but my voice is so bad that everyone laughs at it. So this beauty is useless�.

The goddess replied � you are the only one who is unhappy. Several creatures have been gifted by god with various gifts like- you the beauty, eagle the strength, nightingale the sweet voice, so on and so forth. So don�t grumble over your weakness, accept the way it is and be happy�.

Hence, one should not regret on what he/she doesn�t have rather be satisfied with what one has

SS91
Members

Blessings 37

« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »

The Peacock And The Crane

One day a peacock met a crane and said, "So sorry for you. You have so dull feathers. Look at the fine colors of my feathers."

"Well!" replied the crane, "your look are brighter then mine. but whereas I can fly high up into the sky, all you can do is to strut about on the ground."

MORAL: Never find fault with others.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

SATHYA SAI BABA FORUM SPIRITUAL PHOTO GALLERY SAI BABA
SAMARPAN - A SAI BABA MAGAZINE SPIRITUAL INDIA SAI BABA QUESTIONS & ANSWER
SAI BABA DESKMATE DOWNLOAD SHIRDI 360 VIEW SAI SATCHARITRA HINDI AUDIO

Listen Sai Baba Radio: