Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Bhakti  (Read 39098 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Bhakti
« on: February 29, 2012, 03:25:02 PM »
  • Publish
  •                                              Stray Thought! on Various Aspects of Sai Worship

On Bhakti

In pure 'Satvik' bhakti, there is no place for desires. When desires end, real bhakti starts. The desire to multiply temples; erect monuments in the chosen deity's name; count the holding of 'Nam Saptahs' and the number of idols installed; and the like, may form part of 'Rajsik’ bhakti but surely not of pure and unadulterated 'Satvik’ bhakti.

Pure bhakti generates absolute faith and faith leads to complete surrender. The joy of surrender is unique. It can only be experienced and not talked about. Blessed is the devotee who has acquired it through the grace of Baba. No treasure in the world, not even knowledge, can match it. If one is a bhakta and some unpleasant happening takes place in life which he attributes to Baba saying that while Baba was there, how could such a thing happen to him and consequently gives up his devotion to Baba, take it for certain that this person is not a true bhakta. He was merely bartering his bhakti with Baba's Grace. A true devotee will not, even in his dream, attribute this happening to Baba, what to talk of giving up his faith in Him. He would accept it a result of his 'Prarabdha'. This reminds me of a devotee of Baba who gave up his worship of Baba after his wife died of Cancer, saying that how could he have faith in Baba who could not save his wife who had served Him heart and soul. In His life time, when a lady told Baba as to how her son could die when He was there, Baba told her, "Mother ! please do not come to me if you feel there should be no deaths in your family. I cannot change the Prarabdha."

JaiSairam...
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:11:34 AM by subhasrini »
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Bhakti
    « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:09:52 AM »
  • Publish

• Baba prescribed the simple path of bhakti to His devotees. It is also laid down in our scriptures that in 'Kaliyug' God can be realised by doing mere 'Naam Japa'. Baba would tell His devotees that there was no need for them to indulge in other hard spiritual practices, such as Ashtang Yoga, Jap, Tap and sixteen fold Bhakti. He lived in Bhakti alone. If they called Him even once whole heartedly, He would come running to their help even from beyond the seven seas.

JaiSaiRam...
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 03:37:13 PM »
  • Publish

• In the Sai Satcharita, Baba has exhorted His devotees to listen to His life story and leelas. By merely doing so, devotees 'avidya' will vanish and pure Satvik bhakti would start flowing in their hearts.

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:59:43 AM »
  • Publish

• In Bhakti, there is no giving or taking. The bhakta becomes one with his deity and exuberates His grace in every thought and action of His. Baba had said, "I give to my devotees, what they want so that they may learn to want, what I want to give to them". What was it that He wanted to give to His devotees? Pure Satvik Bhakti and the resultant love which could engulf the devotees' whole being.

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 01:17:02 PM »
  • Publish

• If you come across a Guru who is arrogant and exhibits partiality towards some of His devotees, know for certain that this Guru is a mere show-piece and incapable of leading you on to the path of God Realisation. In Bhakti, love encompasses the whole being and every pore of the body of such a person should emit love and compassion. How could he display differentiation in the distribution of limitless love within him?

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »
  • Publish

• As per our scriptures, there are four paths to spirituality i.e Gyan, Yoga, Karma and Bhakti. Each path, in its own right is capable of taking the aspirant to the ultimate. In Sai Temples however, it has been observed that often the organisers mix up one path with the other, such as performing yagnas and practising Yoga. While each path has its own efficacy, the organisers should understand that on to the path of bhakti there is no need for adulteration or deviation. The path of bhakti is self sufficient.

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 10:21:38 AM »
  • Publish

• [youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMPCjtle7ag[/youtube]

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 10:25:19 AM »
  • Publish
  • [youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtXdtBI1jMA[/youtube]

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »
  • Publish

• In bhakti neither one’s status in life, nor his education, nor his external attainments matter. Bhakti is the ornament of the self within, which requires to be unearthed.

JaiSaiRam.. ;D
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:17:13 PM by subhasrini »

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 07:01:38 PM »
  • Publish
  • Part 1 - Sutras Of Sai Bhakti

1. Remember! Love is the foundation of bhakti. The edifice of bhakti can only be raised on the strong and magnificent foundations of love. Therefore, generate love, cultivate love, share love, distribute love and breathe love; eat love, dream of love, think of love; so much so your whole being should get saturated with love and shed the fragrance of love all around you. The veil of duality serving as a wall between you and your Sai will automatically stand demolished.

2. In bhakti neither one’s status in life, nor his education, nor his external attainments matter. Bhakti is the ornament of the self within, which requires to be unearthed.

3. The joy bhakti provides is supreme and the peace of mind it generates, the feeling of perennial support from the unseen it provides, is sublime in itself.

4. A bhakta should have an unflinching and abounding faith in himself and in his ‘Ishta’ (God). Since he has started treading the path of Sai bhakti, he is sure to reach the goal.

5. As every soul is bound by its own ‘Prarabdha’, it attains what it has earned. There should, therefore, be no feeling of rivalry in bhakti.

JaiSaiRam..... ;D
    « Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:46:03 PM by subhasrini »

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 06:22:54 AM »
  • Publish

• Part 2 - Sai Bhakti - Fragrance Of Sai Bhakti

Part 2 - Sai Bhakti

(II) Highlights of Sai Bhakti

•Shri Sai Baba:

“Such pious persons have become my followers whose sins have been destroyed and they have understood me.

If you recite ‘Sai, Sai,” always, I will take you beyond the seven seas. If you believe in these words, you will be certainly benefited.

I do not need elaborate worship either sixteen fold or eight fold. Where there is infinite faith, I reside there”. - (Chap. 13, Ovi 11-13)

•Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant:

“Let my tears of joy be the warm water to wash your feet; let me besmear your body with the sandal paste of pure love; and let me cover your body with the cloth of true faith.

May this puja from my heart propitiate you better than the outward ritualistic one and endow you with pleasure and happiness.

Let us offer the eight lotuses in the form of our eight very pure, satvik emotions and the fruit in the form of our concentrated mind.

Let us apply ‘buka’ of devotion to the forehead, tie the girdle of deep devoutness and place our neck on your toes. Then let us enjoy the tender and wonderful celebration.

Adorning him with the jewels of our love, let us wholeheartedly ward off the evil eye. Make a ‘chanvar’ with our five ‘pranas’ and wave it before you to ward off the heat.

After concluding such blissful worship, let us do the eightfold obeisance, offer fragrance and oblations of water. In this manner, we shall worship you, Sairaja, for our own welfare”. - (Chap. 26, Ovi 27-32)

You do not need ceremonies to complete the rituals, you do not need fasting to torture the body; you do not need to visit the tirthas. It is sufficient to listen to the story. - (Chap. 3, Ovi 182)

•Das Ganu Maharaj:

“For the worship of other deities, the articles required and the rituals are specific. But, for your worship, there is nothing in the world which is worthy of you!”

JaiSairam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 04:44:50 PM »
  • Publish

• Part 3 - Sai Bhakti
    Sai Bhakti as advocated in Shri Sai Satcharitra

(a) Who is Sai?
    You may ask where I am now and how I can meet you now. But I am within your heart and we can meet without any effort”. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 44, Ovi 162)

In what manner should he worship? Who am I? How can he know with certainty? Sai’s body is perishable, while Brahman is imperishable”. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 3, Ovi 83)

I see myself everywhere. There is no place without me. I fill all space in all the directions. There is nothing else but me”. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 14, Ovi 48)

The whole universe is my home. I am myself Vasudev and all pervading God. I am myself the Parabrahma”. - (Chap. 9, Ovi 47)

Sai pervades, perpetually, all that is visible and invisible, and is also the Supreme Spirit beyond that. Sai is He that is Unborn and Eternal. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant(Chap. 42, Ovi 115)

Sai had all the six great attributes which are the adornment of God - glory, wealth, munificence, knowledge, peace and detachment. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 41, Ovi 17)

Sai is Supreme Consciousness only. From the formless state, he took form. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 50, Ovi 15)

He is the compassionate mother of all, who comes running at your call, takes pity on you and picks you up in her arms, understanding the need of the children. - Nanasaheb Chandorkar (Chap. 13, Ovi 58)

He who thinks of nothing but Allah Malik, the Supreme Being and the Pure Consciousness, he has peace, has no desires and looks upon all with an equal eye. How can he have a separate identity from the Supreme Being? - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 3, Ovi 101)

Wherever you are, and whatever you may be doing, always bear it in mind that I shall continue to be informed of the minutest details of your deeds.

In this manner, as I am described, I dwell in the minds of all. I am in the hearts of all, all pervading. I am the Lord of all.

I fill the entire creation, within and without, to the point of overflowing. This universe is directed by God and I am the one who holds the reins.

I am the Mother of all beings. I am the equilibrium of the three gunas. I promote the activities of the senses. I am the Creator, the Preserver and the Destroyer.

One who concentrates on ME, for him nothing is difficult. But the moment he forgets ME, Maya will attack him.

Whatever is perceived is my image only, whether it be a worm, an ant, a poor wretch or a king. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 3, Ovi 143-148)

I need no conveyance - a carriage, or a horse, a plane or a train. I appear without an instant delay, when I am lovingly called. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 40, Ovi 32)

JaiSaiRam :)
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:18:20 PM by subhasrini »

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 06:13:28 PM »
  • Publish

• Part 4 - Sai Bhakti

Sai Bhakti as advocated in ‘Shri Sai Satcharitra’
    • (d) Dhyana
     “True knowledge of the Aatman is to be desired the most and Dhyana is essential for this. During Dhyana one merges with the Aatman which leads to quietening of desire.

“Detach your mind from the object of the senses and concentrate on that All-pervading Power. Your meditation will be successful and you will achieve the goal.

“Meditate always on my formless nature which is Knowledge Incarnate, Consciousness and Bliss.

“If you cannot visualise that, then follow the physical image of mine. Bring my image from head to foot, in front of your mind’s eye, day and night.

“When you will thus concentrate on me, the functions of your mind will unite and the distinction between the meditator, the act of meditation and the object meditated upon will vanish.

“Once this trinity disappears, the person doing the dhyana will reach that Supreme Energy – this is the goal of dhyana. You will then be one with Brahman”. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 19, Ovi 105-110)

“When with deep and intent contemplation, the difference between the meditator and the object of meditation disappears, the mind becomes like a lamp which is steadily burning. Peace prevails and that is itself Samadhi.

“Being absolutely desireless believe that He is present in all beings. When the state of oneness is reached, there is no fear and one is able to concentrate on Him as He comes in your meditation. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 19, Ovi 129-130)

Sai darshan is an exceptional experience. The whole nature changes with it. The memories of past deeds disappear and slowly a dislike develops for worldly pleasures.

The sins accumulated from many past lives were destroyed by the benevolent glance. Hope awakened of unending joy being received at Sai’s feet. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 2, Ovi 145-146)

The six Shastras and their six philosophies have avoided describing Him. The Puranas and the kirtans have also become weary. Praying with the heart, body and mind is the only means to understand Him. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 4, Ovi 20)

“Just as the worm by constantly thinking of the bee itself becomes the bee, in the same way, when a disciple constantly contemplates upon his Guru he becomes similar to his Guru.

“By using the word ‘similar’, still a distinction remains. Even that is not tolerated by the Guru, even for a moment, because Guru’s existence is not possible without the disciple; and the disciple is not separate from the Guru”. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 3, Ovi 106-107)

“The ‘You and I’ will disappear. The minds of the listeners will be absorbed in God. The mind will be a store of divine energy and full of single-minded and complete faith. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 3, Ovi 19)

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »
  • Publish

• • (e) Bhakti (Devotion)

Whatever the attachments for different objects, if all such love is collected and poured in a mould at the feet of the Lord, then it appears in the form of devotion. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 10, Ovi 128)

Where the sense of you and I does not arise, which should really be a natural state, we need that devotion without duality. We ask Sai for this boon. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 50, Ovi 27)

‘God resides in every being’ - till such time that this consciousness is not attained, enlightenment cannot be granted even by Lord Hrishikesh himself. - (Chap. 20, Ovi 114)

As long as we enjoy outer pleasures like listening to sweet music, enjoying a soft touch, sweet fragrance and pleasing sights, there cannot be a control over the senses. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 17, Ovi 92)

Even though the body is perishable, it is a means towards gaining enlightenment, which is really more desirable than salvation, because through it, we can experience ‘bhakti’. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 24, Ovi 60)

The path of Bhakti is the thorny path, like the path through the prickly Babul forest. It is full of pits and potholes. One or two steps, in the right direction, takes you really close to God.

You should avoid the thorns and step forward. You will reach the destination without fear. This is the only remedy, says the Guru-mayi very clearly.

When the orchard of the mind is watered by devotion, detachment will grow, knowledge will blossom, union with the Supreme Spirit comes to fruition and joy will burst forth, avoiding the cycle of birth and death, as a certainty. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 6, Ovi 16-18)

When devotion is practised, ignorance is destroyed and knowledge dawns. - (Chap. 50, Ovi 117)

Whatever services devotees think of rendering to saints, it is the saints themselves who get it done. The devotees are merely the ordained instruments. The real inspiration comes from the saints. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 2, Ovi 19)

The four types of Mukti hold no attraction for us. Enjoin unwavering devotion to Sai. This is our supreme achievement. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 50, Ovi 25)

We remember and always chant ‘Sai Samartha’ to attain the desired object; and with the same mantra also attain the ultimate goal and gratify our faith in you”. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 26, Ovi 33)

Unless and until one worships the bodily form, true devotion does not spring forth; and, till there is no such devotion, full of love, the inner mind does not blossom.

Unless that blossoms, only the lotus bud does not have either the fragrance or the honey. You will see that even the bee will not pause there for a moment.

That which has attributes (satva, rajas and tamas) is with form; that which has no attributes is without form. Both are not different from each other. The formless and the one with the form are one. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 11, Ovi 11-13)

It is really easy to understand the nature of a bodily form rather than the formless. Once love for the saguna increases, it is the awakening for the formless (abstract). - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 11, Ovi 17)

Carve out on your heart these kind words of Sai: “There are innumerable saints in the world, but our father (Guru) is the Father (Real Guru)”. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 45, Ovi 119)

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »
  • Publish

• • (f) Upasana

While meditating, there should be intense concentration. There is no better means than meditation. He who practices this himself will undoubtedly uplift himself. - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 45, Ovi 39)

“Those who love me most, they see me always before them. Without me their universe is desolate. They have only my stories on their lips. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 44, Ovi 148)

What is the nature of Brahman which is beyond illusion? And what are the means to conquer that illusion? God favours his devotees who lead virtuous and pious lives. How else is it possible for his devotees? - Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant (Chap. 3, Ovi 50)

“I am eternal, pure, enlightened, the liberated one. I am Vasudeva, the sacred letter ‘Aum’. I am the truth. Your good lies in worshipping ME with true faith and devotion.

“Thus realising my true nature serve ME in the right way. Moreover, surrender to ME completely. And be one with ME”. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 3, Ovi 97-98)

“Parabrahma is knowable. Apaar Brahma is attainable. AUM, their sign is their symbol to be meditated upon always, and to be worshipped for ever.

“AUM is the essence of the four Vedas. It is in the form of Pranav or Aumkar. Its meaning is actually non-meaning. It is the thought behind all knowledge”. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 16, Ovi 103-104)

“The world made of movable and immovable objects, of names and forms, is manifested by ME in the form of the eight-fold nature. The phenomenon is created by ME only.

“The mystical symbol ‘Aum’ expresses ME. I am the only connotation of it. In the whole of the universe, there exists a multitude of things but I am immanent in all of them.

“There is nothing but the Aatman, so what desire should there be? I am all exhaustive in everything in all ten directions.

“Where all is filled with the whole, the feeling of ‘Me’ and ‘Mine’ melts away. What desires can we have when I am all pervasive?”

“Desires are born of the intellect. They do not have any connection with the soul. Sai Maharaj is the embodiment of the Aatman. Whence can desires arise in him?

“There are various kinds of desires. But once the essence is known of ‘Who am I’, then they dissolve like the hailstones in the blazing hot rays of the sun.

“I am not the mind, intellect, or the sense organs. Nor am I the matter or the gross form. I am also not the golden egg from which the universe evolved before it revealed itself. But I am the Ancient Witness without a beginning.

“In this way, I am beyond the senses. I have no interest in the sense objects. But there is nothing where I am not present. I am not the doer or the cause of any deed.

“With the realisation that the mind, intellect and other senses are gross instruments of the physical body, detachment will arise unveiling the concealed Self-Knowledge.

“To forget one’s own real nature is itself the illusion; to remember the pure and complete bliss is ME - none but the Supreme One, Pure Consciousness.

“To turn oneself towards that ME is itself a service and devotion to ME. When I experience the bliss of the mind, it is knowledge in the pure form.

“The soul is Brahman itself. Bliss from understanding knowledge is Brahman. By the knowledge of the untrue nature of the world, the illusion about the world will pass away. Brahman is Truth. That is ME. - Shri Sai Baba (Chap. 3, Ovi 85-96)

JaiSaiRam

Facebook Comments