Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Guru is necessary for a man  (Read 129407 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Re: Guru is necessary for a man
« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »
  • Publish

• Gururaya became everything to me.
    Can there be anyone so unfortunate who,
    having once stepped into my Guru's school,
    would want to go back!
    My house, my family, my parents ---
    Gururaya became everything to me.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #196 on: June 17, 2012, 12:56:20 PM »
  • Publish

• Meditating upon the Guru
    All my sense organs, including the mind,
    had left their places and come to stay in my eyes alone,
    for the purpose of meditating upon the Guru.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #197 on: June 19, 2012, 08:35:35 PM »
  • Publish

• Guru and his disciple
    The attitude of 'you' and 'me' is this wall between the Guru and his disciple.
    If it is not pulled down, the state of oneness between them is difficult to breach. 

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #198 on: June 21, 2012, 07:58:08 PM »
  • Publish

• By the bond of past births
    By the bond of past births we have been fortunate enough to meet.
    Let us embrace each other with a heart-felt love and experience its joy and contentment.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #199 on: July 01, 2012, 04:56:51 PM »
  • Publish
  • He who sees Me in every living creature and with pity
    He who sees Me in every living creature and with pity feeds every creature,
    really feeds Me.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #200 on: July 07, 2012, 05:49:33 AM »
  • Publish

• The Divine plan is mysterious, inscrutable and marvelous.
    The Divine plan is mysterious, inscrutable and marvelous.
    Submit to His will.
    His will be done and if we seek Him in every creature surely He will bless us.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #201 on: July 14, 2012, 10:46:48 AM »
  • Publish

• Oh Shama! take this book—Vishnu Sahasranama

Oh Shama! take this book—Vishnu Sahasranama—I present it to you.
    When I suffered intensely once I kept this book close to My heart and I cannot describe how it relieved Me of My pain and suffering.
    It is a wonderful medicine for all our afflictions and ailments and is very efficacious.
    So read this with devotion and love, and it will do you good.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #202 on: July 29, 2012, 11:30:47 AM »
  • Publish

• Why should you worry and fear.

SHIRDI SAIBABA

Offline antonyanil

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #203 on: August 02, 2012, 12:55:35 AM »
  • Publish
  • Guru -Being Guru's day just wanted to share with you all.

Once, an young daughter had gone to her village home for the first time from her city-dwelling. At night before retiring to bed, her mother opened a pot in which there was good cow's milk and poured a little buttermilk. The girl asked her mother: "Mother, that was butter milk; and why have you mixed it with milk? The milk may get spoiled!"

"Child!", answered the mother, "that is the way to prepare the milk in order that we might get butter out of it."

"But where is butter in it, mother?"

"It is in every drop of the milk, dear; but you can't see it now. I will show you in the morning."

In the morning the daughter saw that what was liquid the night before had become solid overnight. Mother put a churning rod into it and started churning the curd vigorously.

Butter began to float on the surface of the curd. Then she gathered it all up and presented it to the astonishment of the daughter. The mother explained: "The addition of the buttermilk curdles the milk. Milk is transformed into curd. Then you have to churn it. By this process the butter which was all-pervasively hidden in the milk is obtained. At first you were not able to see it; it was hidden. From where has it come now? Only from the milk. Therefore, you understand now that it was there all the time. It awaited the process of churning to reveal itself to your great joy." The daughter, too, followed the same process and got the butter, for herself.

Similarly, a worldly man approaches a Mahatma and asks him: "O Sadhu, why have you renounced the world, and poured this new element of 'Vairagya' and 'Tyaga' into your life? Why don't you let the life take its natural course?"

The Sadhu replies: "Brother, I do so in order to realise God?", "Where is God?", "He is all-pervading." The worldly man does not see and is not convinced. The Sadhu then explains how the inner personality, which is fickle and outflowing should be made solid and firm. Then the churning rod of one-pointed concentration and meditation should be taken hold of, and this solid 'Antahkarana' should be very well churned. Then God is realised. He is all-pervading, in every atom of creation. But He is not visible to the naked eye nor is He realisable by a man except through this process called 'Sadhana'.

Just as a mother was necessary for her daughter to learn that butter exists in milk and that churning will bring it out, even so a Guru is necessary for a man to know that God is, that He is all-pervading, and that He is attained through Sadhana. If the aspirant follows the Guru's instructions, he too, can realise God. 

(Story from the Tales of Guru Sivananda)

Jaisairam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini
    OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI!!!
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.

Destiny Changes With True Knowledge Of Satguru

Full Freedom in all Spheres Including Spirituality

O Learned and Devoted Servants of God,

[April 29, 2012] This world of humanity is based on full freedom and absence of any forcible destiny. Here, you are free to do any type of work and no destiny forces you to do any specific work as said in the Gita (Na kartrutvam...). The concept of destiny exists only in the link of the specific work and the specific fruit. You have full freedom to put your finger in fire or water. No destiny forces you to put your finger in fire or water. The destiny lies only in the link between a specific work and corresponding specific fruit. It is destined that the fire burns your finger and the water keeps your finger cool. The destiny is not in the selection of the work.

You have put your finger in the fire due to ignorance or ego. After burning the finger, you may say that you have put the finger in the fire due to the destiny. God has destined the specific system, which links every action with a specific fruit. After putting your finger, God is not ordering the fire to burn it. The subsequent fruit for a specific work is already destined. God or the destiny does not interfere with the choice of your selection of a specific work. Even the so called past destiny does not interfere with your works. The composition of your psychology is fixed based on your past deeds. Thus, work is responsible for the will and the will is the generator of the work. Since the composition of your psychology is already based on your past deeds and is fixed, you can treat that as destiny and in such case, destiny is guiding everything.

The psychology is a specific pattern of ideas generated by the past deeds and it is called as ‘Samskara’. An idea can be changed by knowledge. Samskara is a fixed concept and the right knowledge is a group of right concepts. You have the opportunity of hearing the right knowledge since God comes to this world quite often in human form. You have the freedom to hear such divine knowledge or not to hear. You have also freedom to practice the knowledge or leave it without practice. At every step, the basic freedom is given. This human world is also the right place for testing the devotees and here also, the full freedom is protected. You are totally free to sacrifice anything or not to sacrifice anything even if God desires for it. God does not force you or threaten you or wash your brain in your sacrifice since such sacrifice is not real. God is pleased only with the real sacrifice done by the soul in the atmosphere of total freedom.

In the examination hall, you are totally free to answer the question paper to any extent or even to return the white paper without writing even a word. God preaches the total concept and in the stage of implementation of it, God does not influence your mind in any way. After teaching all the right knowledge through the Gita, Krishna said that the decision to fight or not is totally left to Arjuna (yathechchasi…). The basic reason is that God is not in need of anything from anybody. The sacrifice is not to satisfy God but only to uplift you. The sacrifice proves your real attachment to God and such real attachment is not in the benefit of God but it is only in your benefit. Krishna asked for the special gem from Satrajit, the father of Satyabhama. Krishna is not in need of that gem. He is the creator of that gem. Even without the help of that gem, He can create wealth. He can even stop the power of the gem to create the wealth. Krishna asked the gem from Satrajit because Satrajit cannot maintain it and will fall in trouble.

Only for the welfare of Satrajit, He asked him for that gem. But, Satrajit thought that Krishna asked that gem for His personal benefit and thereby, for His personal satisfaction. Such misunderstanding made Satrajit to refuse the gem.

www.universal-spirituality.org
    Universal Spirituality for World Peace

Offline antonyanil

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #204 on: August 02, 2012, 12:56:27 AM »
  • Publish
  •  Satguru preaches Complete & True Knowledge

O Learned and Devoted Servants of God,

[June 30, 2012 Guru Purnima] Guru means the preacher, who removes the ignorance so that we can see the truth clearly and differentiate the right from wrong. The ignorance is like darkness in which you cannot find the existence of an item and also you cannot differentiate the different items. Gayatri mantra says that the Guru is like the Sun, who removes the ignorance–darkness by knowledge-light that initiates the intelligence. The word Guru Purnima also indicates that Guru removes the darkness-ignorance like the full Moon in the night. Thus, Guru is compared to Sun and Moon, who remove the darkness-ignorance. There is difference between Guru and Satguru. Both preach the correct knowledge only. But, the knowledge preached by Satguru is complete and the knowledge preached by Guru is incomplete. Guru is a human being, well-versed in scriptures.

Satguru is the God in human form. The word ‘Guru’ denotes the human form. The word ‘Sat’ denotes the God. The meaning of the very word ‘Guru’ means the preacher, who removes the darkness-ignorance by giving the knowledge-light.
    If the knowledge is correct and complete, it generates tremendous force, which is called as devotion. Devotion (Bhakti) is the necessary force that transforms the knowledge (Jnana) into practice (Karma). Thus, devotion is generated by knowledge. If the knowledge is correct but incomplete, it generates insufficient force and hence, the knowledge is not transformed into practice. If the knowledge is correct and complete, it generates sufficient force that transforms the knowledge into practice. Complete knowledge means the elaborate form of knowledge that contains the answers to all the possible doubts. When you hear such knowledge, no doubt will rise in your mind because the knowledge already contained the answer for every doubt. When the right knowledge is complete, the realization is also complete and in such case, no force can stop the transformation of knowledge into practice. Therefore, the knowledge of Satguru is always elaborate and such elaboration is the meaning of the word Vyasa. The knowledge of sage Vyasa is always elaborate. This Guru Purnima is also called as Vyasa Purnima, the birthday of the sage Vyasa.

Vyasa is considered to be the incarnation of Lord Vishnu, the God. This day falls in the rainy season, in which the dark clouds cover the Sun or Moon in the sky. This indicates the strong doubts of the people, who receive the knowledge.
    We perform the Guru Purnima on this particular day. This is not the correct concept. Any day can be Guru Purnima on which you receive the correct and complete knowledge from Satguru. The sunrise happens to be 5.30 AM in summer and 6.30 AM in winter. Thus, there is no fixed time of sunrise. Whenever sun rises, that is the sun rise. Similarly, whenever the Satguru gives the knowledge, that time is Guru Purnima. We always give importance to a specific place and specific time and ignore the event. We should give importance to the event. Wherever the event takes place, such place is sacred. Whenever the event happens, such time is auspicious.

People perform the ceremonies of their departed parents on specific days. They do not give value to the person (Bhokta) available on that day. Whenever the valuable person is available, the ceremony should be performed. The fruit lies on the availability of the valuable person and not on the date and place.
    You must have the mood to receive the knowledge from Satguru whenever the Satguru has the mood to deliver the knowledge. The mood of Satguru to deliver the knowledge is important and not the mood of the receiver to receive the knowledge. Whenever the cloud rains, the farmer should plough the field. Whenever the farmer ploughs the field, the cloud will not rain. Generally, Satguru gives the knowledge when you do not have the mood to receive it. It is a test for you.

Whenever you have important works, the Satguru delivers the knowledge. He is testing you to see whether you give the top most importance for the knowledge or for other works. When you don’t have any work to do, then you will have the mood to receive the knowledge. This means that you give the lowest importance to Satguru and His knowledge. Krishna preached the Gita when Arjuna was involved in the war. When the war was over, Arjuna asked Krishna to repeat the Gita since he has full leisure [time] without any other work. Krishna refused to deliver the Gita saying that He has no mood. Therefore, whenever Satguru comes to your house, that day is Guru Purnima. Whenever Satguru delivers the Divine knowledge, you must stop all the other works and receive the knowledge with full attention. Then only you have understood the significance of Guru Purnima.
    The main program of the human incarnation is only to deliver the right and complete knowledge to the human beings so that they will practice it and attain the salvation. The fruit will not come without the practice. The practice will not come without the devotion.

The devotion will not come without the correct and complete knowledge. The devotion and practice are automatic consequences of the correct and complete knowledge. Therefore, Shankara told that if you receive the correct and complete knowledge, the salvation is automatic (Jnaanadevatu kaivalyam…). The Gita also starts with Jnana yoga only. Therefore, if you can catch Satguru, the salvation is automatic consequence. If you catch Satguru, you are bound to receive the correct and complete knowledge from Him. Therefore, Guru Purnima is the top most of all the festivals in the year.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #205 on: August 12, 2012, 06:09:21 PM »
  • Publish

• It is my special characteristic to free any person who surrenders himself completely to Me

It is my special characteristic to free any person who surrenders himself completely to Me,
    who worships Me faithfully and who remembers Me and meditates on Me constantly.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #206 on: August 28, 2012, 08:09:08 AM »
  • Publish

• Only that will come to pass which He wants to happen, He will Himself show His way. The time will come, without a moment's delay, when our cherished wishes will be fulfilled .

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #207 on: August 31, 2012, 09:02:41 PM »
  • Publish

• LOOK AT ME... I LOOK AT YOU

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #208 on: September 07, 2012, 02:13:23 PM »
  • Publish

• Most human love and all that comes with it is a state of mind. Very often, it is a state of mind that the heart wants to be in.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #209 on: September 08, 2012, 05:53:46 AM »
  • Publish

• A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?

Facebook Comments