Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Guru is necessary for a man  (Read 129430 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Re: Guru is necessary for a man
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2006, 03:03:35 PM »
  • Publish
  • Silence of Guru  

Silence is the most potent form of work.

However vast and emphatic the Scriptures may be, they fail in their effect. The Guru is Quiet and Grace prevails in all.

This Silence is more vast and more emphatic than all the Scriptures put together.

The devotee surrenders himself to the Master and it means that there is no vestige of individuality retained by him.

If the surrender is complete, all sense of self is lost, and then there can be no misery or sorrow.

The Eternal Being is nothing but Happiness.
    That comes as a Revelation.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

subhasrini
    OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI!!!
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #31 on: January 15, 2006, 09:10:29 AM »
  • Publish
  • JAI SAI RAM!!!

The whole existence is full of God. And it is not that somebody is more of a God and somebody else is less of a God -- God is not a quantity. It can't be 'more' and 'less'. The idea that only one or two or three or four or five Masters are there makes it appear as if God also has limitations. There are no limitations.

The Master is hiding in everybody; the real Master is never outside, the real Master is inside. The outside Master is just to provoke the real Master within you, that's all. Somebody has awakened, and you are fast asleep -- but you have as much capacity to be awake as the one who has become awakened. The capacity is there, intrinsic in you. And the outer Master, the person who is awakened, cannot give you awareness; he can only shake you -- awareness will well up within you. He is not going to give it to you; nobody can give anything to you. You need not have anything from anybody; God has given you all that you need, all that you will ever need.

When you shake up somebody, when you call him, and he opens his eyes and becomes awake, have you given him anything. You have not given him anything, you have simply created an occasion in which his capacity to be aware started functioning.

A Master is just a device.

There are thousands of Masters around the world, and the people who claim 'I am the only one', be certain that they at least are not, because how can the person who has arrived claim that 'I am the only one'? He will know -- at least this much he will know -- that there are others; the earth is big. And life does not exist only on the earth, it exists on at least fifty thousand more planets. Just one Master?... It will be too much for him to manage. The world is vast. There are thousands of Masters, and not only on the earth but on other planets too. Wherever there are people asleep, there are always a few people who are awake.

And, remember, the person who is awake cannot claim anything about his awareness, about his awakened state, because he knows that he is awake only because he is capable of falling asleep. And those who are still asleep are capable of becoming awake: you can fall asleep only because you can have awareness, otherwise how can you fall asleep?

Awareness is a must. Sleep and awareness are both manifestations of awareness. In sleep, the awareness becomes a seed form; it closes itself just as you close your windows and doors in the night and you go to sleep. In the morning you wake up, you open the doors and windows again, and you allow the light to enter again.

And people who are asleep sometimes become awake even without a Master, because life itself sometimes can pro-voke you into awareness. The Master is not a must. There are people who have become awakened without any Master: just by going deeply into the misery of sleep, into the night-mares of sleep, they have become awakened. The very agony has disturbed their sleep.

The Master is only one of the situations, and nobody who has arrived can claim 'I am the only one.' If the claim is there then it shows only one thing: that this man is fast asleep and dreaming.

OM SAI RAM!!!
    अपना साँई प्यारा साँई सबसे न्यारा अपना साँई - रमेश रमनानी

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #32 on: January 15, 2006, 03:55:31 PM »
  • Publish
  • A True Guru

The true Guru is your own inner self (consciousness) but for those of us, who still need a physical Guru to help us realize this divinity latent in us, we need to find one...here are the traits to look for....

1. A true Guru will only be concerned about disciples spiritual progress and nothing else like, building and growing his ashram etc...through inner controls, introspection and spiritual practices he will grow your self awareness of your own Godhood (divinity latent in you). Many Gurus may make you fly through meditation and see great things but those are all temporary gains and may even inhibit your spiritual progress as these gains bring a greater sense of ego in you. The true gain is only self realization of your divinity.

2. True Guru will never ever ask the disciple for any money...not even Guru Dakshina (which is given after the education is over)...His satisfaction will be the progress of the disciple and that will make him happy. A true Guru will only give and never take. So no donations should be asked.

3. A true Guru will teach atmic knowledge (knowledge of the soul) and will increase self confidence of the disciple, expand the mind and will teach only dharmic qualities like, non-violence, unity in diversity, Love for all, peace, righteousness (dharma), etc....he will not mislead you for selfish purposes...

May you find such a guru....grace of God is needed to find such a Guru...to get the grace of God, we have to surrender, like Arjuna did and ask him to be the charioteer of our hearts...then he will show you the way....do not rely on your mind to find a Guru but first step is to forget your ego, intellectualism and surrender to God....

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #33 on: January 17, 2006, 09:21:31 AM »
  • Publish
  • Guru-God

Narasimha Swami ji once said: "Poor Saadhakas (aspirants) struggling by themselves in their chambers and trying to steady their rambling thoughts resort to pranayama (a Yogic exercise involving control of breathing)".

But in Baba’s school the panacea for all illness is Bhakthi (devotion) and guru bhakthi.

The Lord speaks to us through Guru and we should have intense faith in our Guru.

One should be able to see Guru-God everywhere and in everyone.

Thus one will see Guru-God as omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient.

This means one should convert Guru’s finite form into infinite form.

The elevated souls who are called "apantaratmas" like Baba and Ramakrishna always live in God.

They always think of the welfare of humanity.

These great souls are present everywhere and they are all one.

There is no difference between one saint and another.

They have shown us different routes to reach the same goal.

Their mere glance at us is enough.

That will uplift us.

Apantaratmas come into the world at the command of the Supreme Lord.

By following any of them we can reach Supreme Goal.

(From "Apostle of Love: Sai Padananda" by Sri Rangaswami

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #34 on: January 17, 2006, 02:34:22 PM »
  • Publish
  • CHANTING GURU'S NAME

Merely chanting or remembering Lord Hari's or Guru's Name can confer Self Realisation.

To be FREE from all shackles, always chant 'SAI'SAI', shedding all cleverness, arrogance or egoism and brazenness.

Only the fortunate few, free from blemish, take seriously to My Worship. Even if you merely chant 'SAI', 'SAI', I shall take you across the ocean. For I always drag My Devotee towards Me from far off places, or even across the seven seas like a sparrow heading to its nest with a string tied to its feet.

Believe these words and you will certainly be benefited. My Worship needs no elaborate rituals like SADHANAS (Spiritual Practices). I only rest where there is full sincere devotion and love.

Even if you merely utter My Name with Love, I shall fulfill all your wishes and increase your devotion. But if you earnestly sing about My Leelas Deeds or spread My MESSAGE, you will merge in My Grace. Have Patience (Saburi) Faith (Shraddha) in Me.

My sincere devotees shall always be saved or pulled out even from the jaws of Death. I run to help My Devotees in times of danger. All diseases shall vanish when My Leelas (Stories Teachings) are listened to respectfully, assimilated and meditated upon.

While attending to your worldly duties daily, the mind should THINK of the Sadguru and His Leelas and be blessed by Him.

If the devotee has sincere complete Faith in Me, his Mind will MERGE with the Supreme Consciousness. Even mere chanting of My Name, as Sai, will do away with the sins of speech and hearing. It will remove FEAR of the worldly existence and will lead you to the spiritual path, regardless of your caste, creed, or class.

Without God's Grace, there is no desire or even urge to listen to the Saint's stories. But with God's Grace everything is smooth and easy. Hearing these stories, one keeps company of the Saints that helps one become less conscious of one's body or its problems. It cuts asunder all attachments, destroying cycles of births and deaths and lifts one up to God who is pure Consciousness. In turn, detachment to the sense objects is increased, which makes one indifferent to the Pleasure or Pain and leads to Spiritual Path.

If you take refuge in the Saints, without any reservations, you will be carried off safely across the Ocean of Worldly Existence.

SHIRDI SAIBABA.

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #35 on: January 17, 2006, 05:54:59 PM »
  • Publish
  • Is there a substitute to Guru?

The concept of Guru is unique. With careful observation, one might appreciate the existence of the concept of Guru in every way of life, in one form or the other. This includes all civilizations and cultures mankind has seen thus far. Could there be a substitute to Guru? If we can say that books can substitute teacher, we could probably say that one needs no Guru.

Could exercises such as meditation or just performing rituals compensate the benefits of having a Guru? Experiences can be felt or realized through several sources.

However, pursuit of such an experience without the right objective does not constitute a spiritual experience. On the other hand, it may just be a temporary state of well being, without any permanent gains.

Exercises such as meditation have been scientifically proven to exert a positive influence on the human mind and body. Several great men have practiced and preached different ways of such activities.

However, temporary spurts of feeling good do not lead to any permanent transformations. This is evident from the rate with which such phenomenon have arrived and vanished. One reason for the failure to accomplish any thing major through these exercises may be the fact that enough importance is not placed on the importance of completely understanding the concept of Guru.

Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji during a discourse challenged, "Is it possible to meditate upon something unseen or unheard?". How many of us can truthfully do this? If this could be possible, then where is the necessity for Guru, for the objective of a meditation is the merger of meditator and the object meditated upon. Human intellect responds to attributes that it can easily relate to. Such an object makes the pursuit of the unknown easier.

In fact, it becomes absolutely necessary for some, given the frivolous nature of the mind. Reference to Satan in some religions and Maya in some others probably indicate the same predicament.

The necessity for a Guru is well explained in scriptures. Guru's manifold functions, and the fact that Guru is the closest to God one can experience is also well illustrated. Realization that Guru is none other than God and He is nothing but the all pervading conscious, is truly a blissful experience. We find several examples for this phenomenon in Sri Sai Satcharitha including the episode of Madrasi Bhajani Mela and Dr. Pandit.

Who might say that there is no need for Guru? The Guru Himself? How could a soul that personifies humility and modesty say such a thing? Baba said always, "Allah Malik, God is great!" and yes, He Himself has referred to His Guru many a times!  

subhasrini

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #36 on: January 18, 2006, 09:38:11 AM »
  • Publish
  • JAI SAI RAM!!!

THE REAL MASTER NEVER FITS WITH YOUR EXPECTATIONS. And if he fits he is not a master. The real master cannot fit with your expectations, your expectations come out of your mind. Your mind is the problem: it has to go down the drain, in toto.

A real master never fits with your expectations. And those who fit with your expectations are just businessmen, not real masters. They fit, they HAVE to fit -- that's how they depend on you. A real master is always a shock, a shattering. He will not in any way allow himself to fit with you. Then only can he destroy you.

A real master is not a consolation. A real master has to UNCREATE you -- how can he be a consolation? He has to demolish you; he is not a renovation.

He is not just patching up things, he has to uproot you from the very roots and transform you to another dimension. He is a transmutation. Nothing will ever fit with a real master.

OM SAI RAM!!!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #37 on: January 21, 2006, 08:39:22 PM »
  • Publish
  • Guru is verily the representative of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

He creates, sustains knowledge and destroys the weeds of ignorance.

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #38 on: January 21, 2006, 08:40:27 PM »
  • Publish
  • Guru can guide us to the supreme knowledge of THAT which pervades

all the living and non-living beings in the entire Universe

(namely Brahman).

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #39 on: January 21, 2006, 08:41:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • A Guru can save us from the pangs of ignorance (darkness) by

applying to us the balm of knowledge or awareness of the Supreme.

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #40 on: January 21, 2006, 08:43:22 PM »
  • Publish

• The Guru has neither beginning nor end;

the Guru is the ultimate God (in the visible form).

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #41 on: January 21, 2006, 08:59:24 PM »
  • Publish
  • Is Guru Diksha necessary? Does Guru Diksha has many forms? One can learn even without Diksha. Then why is Guru Diksha so important?

For a common man nothing is important or necessary. But if a human wishes to rise high in life, if he wants to stop leading an animal existence and become really human then he needs a powerful medium to guide him. He needs a guide who could tell him which Sadhana is good for him, which Mantra best suits him, how he should chant the Mantra and how he can get rid of the obstacles that might arise in life.

Only a Guru can explain all this correctly. Every person has two paths to follow in life. A Guru is like a milestone who guides the Sadhak onto the right path and tells him that this is the path for you. Just as a married life is important in this world, similarly to progress in spiritual life one needs the guidance of a Guru.

subhasrini

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #42 on: January 29, 2006, 04:09:01 AM »
  • Publish
  • JAI SAI RAM!!!

Once upon a time, a teacher by name of Paramanandam lived in a small village. He was a married person with a wife and children. He had ten students under him. These students were very naive and used to behave in foolish way. Most of the time, they used to misinterpret the teacher's words and they used to create confusing situations. The teacher knew their defects and always tried to help them. Days were passing on like this. One day, a difficult, problematic situation had cropped up. The problem was that the ten students had to cross a river to go to the other side. The teacher told them all the precautions to cross the river safely. The ten students, by holding hands together, crossed the river and went to the other side. Then suddenly, they got a doubt that someone in them was missing. So, they wanted to count each other. They selected a person among themselves to do the counting. The person who did the counting (he did not include himself in the counting) counted only nine people. This created tension in them. Another one was selected to do the counting; he also repeated the same mistake as the first one did. He also reconfirmed that only nine people were left. Now, it became clear for them that one among them was drowned in the river. They felt very sad. They started crying loudly for the lost one. A passenger going by listened to their cries. He went near and asked them about their problem. They explained to him the situation. This passenger was an intelligent person. He understood their foolishness completely. He asked the ten students to stand in a line. He started counting them one by one until he counted the tenth person. The students felt very happy and thanked the passenger.

In this story, even though there is a tenth person, because of ignorance, the presence of that person could not be appreciated. Then, the teacher who came as a passenger, (teachings of the teacher) showed them that the tenth person was present. The ignorance is two-fold. It makes us not to appreciate the real and also makes us to misinterpret the real. A Guru is essential for us to bring us out of the darkness of ignorance. The Guru makes us to experience the 'Real' in a clear way. The Grace of our Sri Sai who is a perfect master and a mother that knows the real needs of her children blesses all of us.

OM SAI RAM!!!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #43 on: January 30, 2006, 09:12:27 AM »
  • Publish
  • Make it sure and keep it safe in the mind that Shirdi Sai is not an

ordinary Guru and he is an extraordinary Ultimate Guru,

Shirdi Sai is not an ordinary Yogi but an uncommon Ultimate Yogi,

and that

Shirdi Sai is not a part incarnation but he is PERFECT NCARNATION.

Baba bless us all!

Sri Satchitananda Samartha Sadguru Sainath Maharaj Khi Jai!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #44 on: February 13, 2006, 11:06:17 AM »
  • Publish
  • Guru's Role

There was a poor man in a village who had desire to become rich.

God took the form of a fortune-teller and told the poor man to dig a

pit near the wall at the back of his house to find a rich treasure-

trove in it.

The poor man did the same and obtained much wealth and thereafter,

he became relaxed and careless even for the maintenance of the

wealth.

Coming to know of his carelessness, one day a thief entered the

house and carried away the treasure-trove.

The poor man found that his wealth was gone and ran here and there

in search of the treasure-trove.

In the meantime, the same fortune-teller caught hold of the thief

and duly returned the treasure-trove to the poor man.

From that moment, he never relaxed his vigilance, was ever guarding

the treasure-trove, and exerted himself to add to it.

Similarly, God sends a Guru to the Spiritual Aspirant who shows him

that God resides within the chambers of the heart in the form of

Supreme Bliss.

The Spiritual Aspirant exerts himself and attains some measure of

success in the sadhana.

This success turns his head and makes him relax his efforts.

Finding this, Maya overpowers him and carries away his spiritual

progress.

He suddenly discovers the truth and laments over his fate.

The Guru comes to him again and recaptures for him the experiences

he had previously gained by Sadhana.

He also warns him against relax in Sadhana.

Once having known the consequences of non-vigilance, viz., great

misery, he never relaxes his vigilance once again.

The basic teaching of our ancient scriptures says that you are child

of Immortality (Amrithasya puthraah).

Man is not a product of slime or mud but he is the one who manages

to live with viveka so that he is able to attain the divinity latent

in him.

Man is frittering his energy on collecting tawdry tinsel

(Materialistic things) and forgetting the diamonds (God's Grace).

Both are available on earth but man is led by glitter and not by

worth.

The most desirable form of wealth is the Grace of God.

The bliss that bestows due to God's Grace is experienced by many

saints and sages who had faith in their hearts and withstood the

onslaughts of poverty, neglect and cruelty.

The sky and the sea are blue in color because of their vast depth.

Similarly, God is described in blue color because of his greatest

mystery.

Remove from the heart the darkness of vice and ignorance so that,

the Meghashyama (whose color is that of a rain-cloud) can easily be

seen in that white background.

Do not further darken your consciousness by blaming God due to your

materialistic problems.

Better live a moment as hamsa (swan) on milk than live for a century

as crow by feeding on carrion.

Man is the repository of vast power.

The body encasing you is the means to enable you to realize the

Reality.

Use the opportunities in the householder life as a training ground

for spiritual life and develop detachment and self-sacrifice.

You must remove the fibrous matter that encases his heart i.e.,

lust, anger and envy.

You must Draw inspiration from the Divine in you and earn the glory

by being good, sincere, honest, self-sacrificing and lovable.

Use your tongue for spelling the name of the Lord but not for

hissing like a serpent or for growling with intention to strike

terror.

Do not start blaming the God if your wish is not fulfilled because

the fault lies in you for not having the needed qualification to

earn the fulfillment.

The sorrows of life will yield only to nobler and higher thoughts

and experiences.

Our dharma insists that every act must be done as efficiently as act

of worship and true love must forget all differences of status, age

and wealth and man cannot claim humanity without self-control and

detachment.

Hear good things, see good, do good, think good and uproot all the

evil tendencies will be uprooted otherwise, you are like the fool

who puts on wrong glasses and spoils his vision.  

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Facebook Comments