Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Guru is necessary for a man  (Read 129378 times)

Offline shanu jain

• Blessings 1
Re: Guru is necessary for a man
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2010, 10:36:04 AM »
  • Publish
  • om sia
    Guru -Being Guru's day just wanted to share with you all.

Once, an young daughter had gone to her village home for the first time from her city-dwelling. At night before retiring to bed, her mother opened a pot in which there was good cow's milk and poured a little buttermilk. The girl asked her mother: "Mother, that was butter milk; and why have you mixed it with milk? The milk may get spoiled!"

"Child!", answered the mother, "that is the way to prepare the milk in order that we might get butter out of it."

"But where is butter in it, mother?"

"It is in every drop of the milk, dear; but you can't see it now. I will show you in the morning."

In the morning the daughter saw that what was liquid the night before had become solid overnight. Mother put a churning rod into it and started churning the curd vigorously.

Butter began to float on the surface of the curd. Then she gathered it all up and presented it to the astonishment of the daughter. The mother explained: "The addition of the buttermilk curdles the milk. Milk is transformed into curd. Then you have to churn it. By this process the butter which was all-pervasively hidden in the milk is obtained. At first you were not able to see it; it was hidden. From where has it come now? Only from the milk. Therefore, you understand now that it was there all the time. It awaited the process of churning to reveal itself to your great joy." The daughter, too, followed the same process and got the butter, for herself.

Similarly, a worldly man approaches a Mahatma and asks him: "O Sadhu, why have you renounced the world, and poured this new element of 'Vairagya' and 'Tyaga' into your life? Why don't you let the life take its natural course?"

The Sadhu replies: "Brother, I do so in order to realise God?", "Where is God?", "He is all-pervading." The worldly man does not see and is not convinced. The Sadhu then explains how the inner personality, which is fickle and outflowing should be made solid and firm. Then the churning rod of one-pointed concentration and meditation should be taken hold of, and this solid 'Antahkarana' should be very well churned. Then God is realised. He is all-pervading, in every atom of creation. But He is not visible to the naked eye nor is He realisable by a man except through this process called 'Sadhana'.

Just as a mother was necessary for her daughter to learn that butter exists in milk and that churning will bring it out, even so a Guru is necessary for a man to know that God is, that He is all-pervading, and that He is attained through Sadhana. If the aspirant follows the Guru's instructions, he too, can realise God. 

(Story from the Tales of Guru Sivananda)

Jaisairam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini
    OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI!!!
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.

very nice post.. god bles u.............

om sai ram...........

Offline johnpotter

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #121 on: December 20, 2010, 10:49:32 PM »
  • Publish
  • Yes this is rite thing that GURU is required for every person's life. We all believe that God is listening us. Yes its also true. But Guru one part of God and its true, Guru protects us and making us strong in all situation, And Guru is the one who fell us that God is in your body in your mind so don't go for searching the God he in there in you only, So be FAITHFUL for GOD and just Faith on your self your all problems getting solved by this and you will get positive energies always.
    Life is simple, it's just not easy.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
    • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #122 on: October 28, 2011, 03:03:47 PM »
  • Publish
  • When the guru's guidance is of a pure nature, the disciple will never fail, unless he leaves the guru due to lack of interest. He may also get discouraged and leave, not understanding the true nature of the guru's help. This sometimes happens if the disciple doesn't feel results quickly enough, or when sickness arises.

The guru watches, instructs and warns his followers in many different ways and on different levels of consciousness. With pure love and constant awareness of his disciples, he is always guiding them. Even if the guru is far away, it does not matter. A mother continues caring for her child even if he is on the other side of the world. In the same way the guru's guidance is both present and necessary at all times.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline shanthakumar

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #123 on: December 03, 2011, 01:52:27 AM »
  • Publish
  • go
    Respected Sister Astrid,

It is good to share some spiritual thoughts once again.

A duality-free view of life is of course a view that will bring happiness.Our perspectives are not quite in tune here though in the meaning of duality.

By duality we mean where brothers and sisters, children of God are  following the different directions of many heads, the many different heads of the many different religions.

Oneness is where there is one Father and none other, one religion, one way of thinking,one direction.This is the Father who is the Teacher and Satguru, the Father of all the religious fathers. How can he be recognised? He can be recognised by the depth of the knowledge he speaks.

Brother Ramesh's point:

"if a person has come to the Guru with love being the first thing and logic the second thing, he will find that to be with the Guru is absolutely easy"

The question I ask is, what exactly is it that the person loves when he comes to such a Guru, is it the message or the messenger?

The message of love has been given throughout the ages, yet the world still sinks deeper into degredation, irreligiousness and unrighteousness.

Gurus leave their bodies, become glorified and the world still sinks deeper into degradation.

The world is in a perilous state, so these questions are of paramount importance to all of us.

These questions are asked seriously and of course with respect for your chosen path.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #124 on: December 05, 2011, 07:40:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • CHANTING GURU'S NAME

Merely chanting or remembering Lord Hari's or Guru's Name can confer Self Realisation.

To be FREE from all shackles, always chant 'SAI'SAI', shedding all cleverness, arrogance or egoism and brazenness.

Only the fortunate few, free from blemish, take seriously to My Worship. Even if you merely chant 'SAI', 'SAI', I shall take you across the ocean. For I always drag My Devotee towards Me from far off places, or even across the seven seas like a sparrow heading to its nest with a string tied to its feet.

Believe these words and you will certainly be benefited. My Worship needs no elaborate rituals like SADHANAS (Spiritual Practices). I only rest where there is full sincere devotion and love.

Even if you merely utter My Name with Love, I shall fulfill all your wishes and increase your devotion. But if you earnestly sing about My Leelas Deeds or spread My MESSAGE, you will merge in My Grace. Have Patience (Saburi) Faith (Shraddha) in Me.

My sincere devotees shall always be saved or pulled out even from the jaws of Death. I run to help My Devotees in times of danger. All diseases shall vanish when My Leelas (Stories Teachings) are listened to respectfully, assimilated and meditated upon.

While attending to your worldly duties daily, the mind should THINK of the Sadguru and His Leelas and be blessed by Him.

If the devotee has sincere complete Faith in Me, his Mind will MERGE with the Supreme Consciousness. Even mere chanting of My Name, as Sai, will do away with the sins of speech and hearing. It will remove FEAR of the worldly existence and will lead you to the spiritual path, regardless of your caste, creed, or class.

Without God's Grace, there is no desire or even urge to listen to the Saint's stories. But with God's Grace everything is smooth and easy. Hearing these stories, one keeps company of the Saints that helps one become less conscious of one's body or its problems. It cuts asunder all attachments, destroying cycles of births and deaths and lifts one up to God who is pure Consciousness. In turn, detachment to the sense objects is increased, which makes one indifferent to the Pleasure or Pain and leads to Spiritual Path.

If you take refuge in the Saints, without any reservations, you will be carried off safely across the Ocean of Worldly Existence.

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #125 on: December 29, 2011, 06:14:25 PM »
  • Publish

• The form of Guru is the root of meditation

Sadgurus are infinite existence,
    infinite knowledge and infinite bliss.

The form of Guru is the root of meditation,
    The feet of the Guru are the root of worship,
    The teaching of the Guru is the root of all hymns and
    The Grace of the Guru is the root of salvation

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #126 on: January 19, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »
  • Publish

• OM SAI RAM....

Gurus are those who are pure at heart, calm, collected, of a saintly nature, who speak measured words, who are free from lust, greed etc.who have conquered their senses and who are established in goodconduct (Sadacharas). (164)

JaiSaiRam....

Offline shanthakumar

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #127 on: January 22, 2012, 11:02:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • sai Baba Said....

"The function of mind is to think, it cannot remain for a minute without thinking.

If you give it a sense object, it will think about it.

If you give it Guru, it will think about Guru.".

baba we are all just human beings bless us to to pray u ever even in sleep

Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.

[/quote]

Offline shanthakumar

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #128 on: March 18, 2012, 02:35:02 AM »
  • Publish
  • sai Baba Said....

"The function of mind is to think, it cannot remain for a minute without thinking.

If you give it a sense object, it will think about it.

If you give it Guru, it will think about Guru.".

baba we are all just human beings bless us to to pray u ever even in sleep

[/quote]

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #129 on: March 21, 2012, 08:14:21 AM »
  • Publish

• Guru’s grace removes our fear of the mundane existence, opens the door of salvation and turns misery into happiness. If we ever remember the holy feet of Sadguru, our troubles will come to an end, death loses its sting and miseries are obliterated.Another truth which Baba conveyed indirectly is that one must surrender himself i.e., speech, body and mind to the guru from whom he expects illumination and help in marching to the highest.The objects of our life such as Dharma, Artha, Kama are attainable with our effort but the fourth object, moksha (liberation) can only be had with the help of the Guru. A true guru helps you in your journey to Godward path.

JaiSairam :)
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:40:46 PM by subhasrini »

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #130 on: March 28, 2012, 04:24:32 PM »
  • Publish

• The guru is like a charged monsoon cloud that happily rains eternal bliss on one and all. And is such Bliss something to be stowed away and hoarded? No, indeed! It is to be enjoyed to the heart's content and shared with others.

JaiSaiRam :)

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #131 on: March 30, 2012, 06:17:28 AM »
  • Publish

• When Gods are angry, the Guru protects and preserves. But when Guru is angry, there is no one to protect. Always bear this in mind!

Shri Sai SatCharitra Chapter 18 verse 21.

JaiSaiRam :)
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:41:39 PM by subhasrini »

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #132 on: March 31, 2012, 07:38:59 AM »
  • Publish

• Always be attached to the Saints; listen to their tales and worship their feet so that all the sins are washed away.

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #133 on: April 01, 2012, 02:05:31 PM »
  • Publish

• Forbearance or patience(Saburi). Never cast it away. Whenever faced with difficult situation, it will take you across safely.

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #134 on: April 04, 2012, 01:22:59 PM »
  • Publish

• Stick to your own guru with unabated faith

Facebook Comments