Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Inspirational  (Read 65482 times)

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
Persistency - Element In Reality
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 07:57:17 AM »
  • Publish
  • One of the keys to being successful in anything you do is persistence. Lets clarify the word 'persistence' :- It is ability to be persist on instances. And one of key element in this instances is your main Objective in life.

Persistence is success formula made up form the grouping of: confidence+ sustainability +Will power + endurance + self-esteem +patience & optimism.

Take an instance of building a muscle. If you have never exercised before, the first time you go to a gym, chances are you will not be able to bench press 100 lbs. However, if you are persistent, and you consistently go back to the gym, you will find yourself getting stronger and closer to your goal / objective with each and every visit.

It signifies that once you have realized & determined exactly what it is you want to achieve, you must take Significant & considerate action using good plan on a consistent, persistent basis in direction to succeed.

And on success path Obstacles are the natural roadblocks, our job is to be persistent and work through those obstacles. If you find little or no obstacles along the way, chances are you are not really challenging yourself coz person realizes his potential when he is on peak of his performance & ability.

If you see any successful person, you will learn that the vast majority of them have had more 'failures' than they have had 'successes'. This is because successful people are persistent; the more they stumble and fall, the more they get right back up and get going again. For example, India got freedom because of the persistence & patience of great revolutionaries on their objective to make India free.

Just spend some time to learn persistency form others experiences, OBSERVE ANTS, funny isn't it; factual it is. They are much smaller than us, and teaches us Unity ? Discipline ? Team work -Hard work ? Persistency & killer instinct to achieve their goal.

Keep in mind that you must constantly reevaluate your circumstances and the approach you are using to reach your goal. There is no sense in being persistent at something that you are doing incorrectly, its self-deceit! At times you have to modify, multiply & magnify your approach along the way. Every time you do something you learn from it, and therefore find a better way to do it.

Its very interesting to tell you about holy "SAI BABA", who given message "Shradha Aur Saburi" (persistence & patience) I saw his posters having gesture of 'raised palm' along with his message. Raised palm has 5 fingers which having variation of sizes & shapes; and this is what exactly he wanted to suggest form his gesture & message :: Life / Success is full of ups and downs with the intensity of variation ? what you require is to be persistent & patient to overcome panic situations.

There is something we can't change, there is something we can maintain; what we can maintain ? is the process of what we want to attain.

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    Succeed by Whistling While You Work
    « Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 01:01:30 AM »
  • Publish
  • Mark Twain (1835-1910) believed that having fun is important if you want to be successful.

"The secret of success is making your vocation your vacation."

Mark Twain must have had fun as a writer. His sense of fun emerges in his writings. No wonder he lived to a good age for those days. He learned as a boy how to turn work into a vacation. I owe the following story about him to Alan Elliott and Josh Hinds.

In the 1830's Mark Twain disobeyed his mother by taking a dip in a swimming hole near his hometown in Missouri. His mother punished him by telling him to whitewash the thirty- foot-long fence.

Sam Clemens (Mark Twain before he chose a pen name) began to paint slowly. He was thinking of an excuse to get out of the work.

He had only just begun when his friend John showed up:

"I guess you can't go with me, 'cause you gotta work," said John.

"You call this work?" replied Sam. "A boy doesn't get to whitewash every day."

Sam continued painting, pretending he was enjoying this drudgery.

John watched for a minute, then said, "Let me have a go ." Sam told him that the job was skilled.

John offered Sam the core of his apple and Sam accepted pretending he was doing John a big favour.

All afternoon he conned boy after boy to pay for the privilege of whitewashing a portion of the fence. When the task was finished, Sam had collected several objects which delight the hearts of small boys.

Years later, Sam Clemens told this story again in his great book "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer."

The story symbolizes the inventiveness of the American spirit in making the best of a situation and in treating work as play.

Work can be unpleasant or fun, depending on the way you look at it or the spirit in which it is performed.

Adam Hollioake, the English cricketer, realised when his brother died unexpectedly that the most important things in life are 'being kind and having fun.'

Anyone who can be kind and have fun for much of their life is a success by this standard.

Joan Rivers is a New York comedienne who has spent 50 years in the entertainment business and is still going strong.

She has been a huge success and is still a success at 71.Joan Rivers has not always been kind to the victims of her jokes but she has had enormous fun and created fun for millions right up to her current age.

Not all comics have found their work fun. Quite a number have suffered from depression and more than their fair share of unfunny thoughts but Joan seems to enjoy her work. However, even she once considered suicide.

She was not speaking to her daughter and was out of work. She took out a gun and was ready to kill herself when her little dog crawled into her lap and she thought "Someone needs me".

I heard Joan recently on the Parkinson show on Oct 9th 2004 before starting her tour of the UK (ten cities in ten days). The interview was riveting.

Michael Parkinson introduced her as the Queen of comedy. "She has done for plastic surgeons what Mickey mouse has done for Walt Disney."

She told Michael that all her bookings had sold out except in Birmingham. "No one has bought a ticket in Birmingham." She pretended to spit. She has the gift of turning any problem into a laugh. I expect that, after the interview, Birmingham will soon be booked out.

Michael referred, somewhat unwisely, to her age and to plastic surgery. She replied at once: "I know I'm old but I don't see me so screw me. The only two good things about old age are: You lose your hearing so you can't hear the doctor say:"You're going to die" and you can get into the cinema at half price.

Joan went on to 'defend' plastic surgery. The only bad thing about plastic surgery is that I've spent so much money on it that I figured out it would have been cheaper to have my dna changed."

Michael asked: " Do you approve of men having plastic surgery?"

"Anything to get you through life; anything to get you through life. Life is tough and as you get older it gets tougher "

"You're 71 now aren't you?"

"I don't think we need to get into that. They brought up my cake and It took me a year to blow out my candles. I was 72 by then. When you get old you have no breath left. You lose your breath. At 40 you begin to lose your eyesight. At 50 the mind starts to go. At 60 you start to fart; it is just terrible. And you don't lose your sense of smell until 70. You are so alone."

The Parkinson audience roared with laughter. Earthy humour goes down well in the UK!

Michael probed further "You walk a tight rope with your humour. Where do you draw the line?"

"I don't. Things are so terrible some times that the only way you can relieve tension is to try a joke to get people to laugh .I lost four friends in the twin towers. That's serious big time. I made the first jokes about it because it was so horrible that, when people came to see I me, I did jokes to relieve the tension.

My husband committed suicide and I went on stage a week later and said: 'It was my fault because we were making love and I took the bag off my head. It makes the people relax"

Michael commented. "You make fun of old age but the one certain fact of the matter is, as far as you are concerned, you keep getting better and better as a stand up. You have a sense of confidence; you have a sense of experience; you have the timing which doesn't go...."

Joan interrupted with feeling: "And they've done it all to me. Do you know what I'm saying? I've been fired. I've been thrown out. I've been told I'm over. I've been told five times: "Forget about her "...so you keep coming back. So an audience doesn't like me. It makes you sad but I know there's a tomorrow and that makes a big difference I think that's why you come on the stage. You just want to have fun."

Joan Rivers is a survivor and a great success in her own way. She has helped people to laugh at old age, suicide, terrorism and death. She has helped the middle aged cope with their unflattering looks:

"Look in the mirror if you're over 50 and you have two choices - death or humour."

Joan believes in having fun. She is one of those who whistles while she works. People can endure the boring work so long as they can chat and have fun occasionally with their work mates. Even soccer stars who love the game often miss the banter in the changing room most when they retire.

My most successful lessons as a martial arts instructor have been when the lesson has been fun. Both young and old students enjoy drills which demand quick reactions but which do not end in pain.

Blocking and evasion skills, for example, can be taught by having one student throw boxing gloves at another. Even if the block fails the empty glove does not hurt.

I have just tried throwing a woolly hat at the cat to improve her evasion skills but she does not seem to enjoy this at all. She just turned her back on me in disgust. I think a dog might have a greater sense of fun! Before all the cat lovers complain, I do realize that many cats do enjoy play.

Every one loves to hit things especially things that don't hit back! Focus mitt and shield drills are fun. You can work very hard hitting them and having fun at the same time. You learn all kinds of kicking and striking skills while you enjoy yourself.

Working out to lively music is fun. Aerobics instructors have realised this from the start. It is no accident that their classes are full.

When I taught Religious Education, the pupils learned fastest when they were learning through games and quizzes where they could have fun at the same time. They learned a great deal without realising that they were working hard.

The seven dwarves in Disney's Snow White had the right idea. Even if you are doing boring work in the mines, whistle while you work and have some fun. The time will go a lot more quickly and you will still get the work done.

John Watson is an info publisher on the internet and a martial arts school owner. He taught Religious Studies and Life Skills to teenagers in London schools for about 33 years before retiring in 2000 A.D. His own e-books and those of the English multimillionaire, Stuart Goldsmith, can be found on his site at http://www.motivationtoday.com

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    Blessings for the Soul
    « Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 01:13:04 AM »
  • Publish

• In Corrogue I count my Blessings.

These are numerous. There is every breath in. There is every breath out. There is every heartbeat that reminds me of the joy of compassion and the blessing of this experience called life.

Each day I count my breath for ten minutes. In this way it becomes refined. I am refined and in truth I feel fine. I do not subscribe to our socially sanctioned emotional education. This is when we are asked, "How are you?" you reply, "Fine." This is whether you are fine or not. Most of the time you are not allowed to be "not fine."Sometimes I do not feel fine. I feel angry, frustrated, self-pitying, hurt, denying and any number of other emotional reactions that "little me" has in the moment.

When I come to my senses and enter my body, leave "thinking about," leave "my future plans," leave "my past regrets," then I am here. I am present. I am alive breathing in and breathing out. I am not "wanting" and I am "going nowhere." Just sitting authorising this life moment. Simply sitting being authentic. Just being my own authority.

When you count your blessings it begins as something "you do." You have to, in the beginning, make it a habit. You learn just to wake up for a moment. You learn that you are alive. Most of us breathe without ever being aware of this wondrous connection to all that is. Becoming aware of the breath is a gateway to feeling fine. When you feel fine you feel blessed. In this way you set up a circle. You set up a technique of completeness.

Continue with this practice and you become the Blessing. Rather than be focused on the social consciousness of "never enough" you get to celebrate. You get to drop your constant focus on "earning a living" to becoming the "living of love." For some moments you begin to recognise that you are "life" living "life." You are the flow of the eternal moment.

From this sense of blessing you start to give. You start to give yourself away. As Kahlil Gibran tells us, "You give much when you give of yourself." When you start to feel blessed rather than "think about" giving thanks for blessings you get balanced. Giving happens. Giving is natural. Giving is the energy of love. You pour yourself away and as you pour you paradoxically get filled up with the love of the Divine. You become one who is fulfilled.

Every one of us can find a blessing everyday if we wish. We only have to learn to look. We have to learn to look not only with the eyes but also with the heart. We are taught to look with eyes that grasp. Our eyes become seekers, not of soul, but of things to fill up the emptiness of our souls. Relax the eyes of wanting. We have more than enough. We only need to see this. You see when you drop judging, comparing and focusing on what you do not have.

Relax and allow this blessing of life to flow. Let it flow through a body that is fine and refined. Stop judging this body. Learn to love it as it is. It is not who you are. It is a wondrous gift given from the Beloved. It is intelligent and always working to bring you back to your senses. You cannot love it too much. It will bring you into the blessing of harmony.

So start counting. Make up your own blessing. Share them with me if you wish. I make one up each day and write about what it means. Thus I get to see through the heart. I never tire of Blessings. "Blessings" as a word is related to the word "blood." Have the sense of blessing flow through a body and mind at peace.

Blessings upon you and all those you love and do not love.

Tony Cuckson is an Anam Cara. This Celtic term means "Soul Friend." He specializes in providing insight for the spiritual journey, Irish Blessings, words of wisdom and finding inner peace.

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    Spiritual Bread Making
    « Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 01:18:42 AM »
  • Publish

• All the ingredients to make 12 loaves of bread already exist. The probability that any kind of bread already exists in your reality and it is simply is a matter of combining ingredients to create a possibility. The ingredients do not have to be created to make brown bread, they already exist. What is it that makes brown bread?

First, it is a thought about brown bread. It is your thought, and then it is a decision to make it. It must come from the creative part of your mind that you want to bake bread and then you must choose the kind of bread that you desire.

The process of creating the bread comes from a choice of an infinite combination of ingredients called a recipe. The creation will come from ingredients you will find listed in a recipe for brown bread. It will be either your recipe or someone else's and this is another choice. All the probabilities for making any other kind of bread you dismiss from your consciousness when you make the final decision to bake brown bread. Although the probabilities still exist, they are not conscious in your mind and your focus has been narrowed down.

The creation of the twelve loaves of bread will manifest from choices you are about to make following closely the recipe for it. As you begin to choose the ingredients and add them to the mix you may deviate somewhat and ad some nuts or extra brown sugar or molasses making the final results uniquely yours.

Even in your unique creation of the twelve loaves of bread, not all loaves will be exactly the same. Each load will be slightly different. The ingredients will be in different proportion in each loaf. The loaves will not rise the same, they will not bake exactly the same way. All loaves having the same ingredients will be individualized because of the unevenness of its ingredients and the baking process.

The results will be 12 loaves of bread that are the same but uniquely different. Your creation will come from choices that you have made in ingredients and how you processed them along with variations coming from outside forces. You will have created bread from choices, not by creating the ingredients.

Your life was/is created exactly the same way.

Before you were born, you decided what it was you wanted to experience in your physical life. You chose the time and place of your birth and the parents and their circumstances that would be the recipe for your own creation.

For the first few years after your birth, the awareness of who you really are remained in your consciousness and you did not question your existence. As your parents, siblings, relatives and friends started defining who you are physically, you began to forget the real you. The process began and although you had an idea of what you wanted to experience before you were born, it was no longer in your consciousness. Others began moulding you and from here on in, it would be a further process of trying to remember who you really are and what it is you wanted to experience. As society defines you, so you live your life. The more you choose to listen to the body, the farther away you move from the wishes of the spirit, and the more difficult life is for you. The more ingredients you add, the more you move away from the original recipe or intent.

Physical reality has presence over the soul. The conscious mind has absolute authority to experience what it desires. The soul creates the circumstances that allow the body to experience those desires. If the body (ego) is not tuned into what the spirit wishes to experience, you will make many choices that does not fit into the recipe that you started with. You create chaos and struggle in your conscious life.

You can pick out the raisins and nuts and start eliminating the things in your life that are not in harmony with your souls intend, but the finer ingredients will be harder to identify and remove. A lifetime of poor choices and experiences can be reversed with the knowledge that it is you that needs to be changed, not the circumstances of your life. As you begin to explore your true identity, you will make new choices that will bring you back into harmony with your original intent.

Your life will become easier as you bring yourself back to the higher purpose you have given your life. You will begin to understand and you will choose to ignore the external definitions given to you by your family and the society you live in. As you move outside of the box and recreate yourself according to your own recipe, you will be in harmony, in concert with purpose and life will flow effortlessly.

Your life was never meant to be a test, but an opportunity to stick to the recipe and experience yourself. You got lost, by buying into the extra ingredients and processes that others gave you. You recreate yourself in relationship to what you are not, by choosing to define yourself according to the original recipe. If you are a simple loaf of brown bread, you do not need the nuts or raisins. If it is brown bread that you want, then choose to have brown bread, do not choose another. Choose the people and circumstances in your life, which are in harmony with how you see yourself and your relationship to your environment. Eliminate all things that take you away from your purpose. You are not at the mercy of your environment; you are creating it. The world is being experienced differently by each individualized form of life. You only experience life as you create it; you are not controlled by it. You are not reacting to it, but it reacts to you.

Choose the kind of bread that you want to create, choose the recipe and stick to it. Life will be simpler. Alter the ingredients from time to time as you desire, but know where it is taking you in relationship to the original recipe. Stay in contact with your spirit and learn how to communicate with it. Do not get lost in the thoughts of others.

Roy E. Klienwachter is a resident of British Columbia, Canada. A student of NLP, ordained minister, New Age Light Worker and Teacher. Roy has written and published five books on New Age wisdom. Roy's books are thought provoking and designed to empower you to take responsibility for your life and what you create. His books and articles are written in the simplicity and eloquence of Zen wisdom.

You may not always agree with what he has to say. You will always come away with a new perspective and your thinking will never be the same.

Roy's style is honest and comes straight from the heart without all the metaphorical mumble jumble and BS.

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    Living on Purpose: One Rock at a Time
    « Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 01:58:51 AM »
  • Publish
  • I just got back from Colorado where I spent a week relaxing, re-energizing and revisiting the key values in my life. The lodge where I stayed is called Peaceful Valley, and it has a chapel on the premises. I've been to Peaceful Valley and to this chapel many times over the years. The chapel is at the end of a steep ten-minute hike, which has become a ritual for me. The view at the top -- a part of the Rocky Mountain range -- is breathtaking.

On the way down one morning I was in a hurry and going too fast for the terrain. I nearly fell. There were lots of rocks, and it was easy to hit a wobbly one and slip.

I slowed down, took a deep breath, and placed my foot down purposefully on the next rock, and then the next. I soon sped up and had to slow myself down again.

I decided that even if I was late, I would place each foot consciously every time I took a step. It took a lot for me to do this. But it turned out to be an amazing centering and meditative practice. One rock at a time -- that's all I chose to think about. And I was suddenly more aware of everything -- the sound of the wind, the chattering of birds and squirrels, and the light of the early morning sun on the golden aspens.

I thought: I could do this more often. Be here now. Feel the touch of my foot on the rock. Feel the steering wheel as I drive. BE at the stop light, instead of minutes or hours ahead at the destination. Hear the birds outside my office window.

I begin to think that multi-tasking is overrated. The really hard thing is to be fully present in one place at a time.

How aware are you of this moment? Does life seem to speed up so much that you miss some of the most important parts? Take a moment right now and breathe. Count to 5 on the inhale, and count 5 again on the exhale. Take the time. It's now that you're alive, not yesterday and not tomorrow. Now.

"Centering is the art of being fully alive. And wherever the art of centering is practiced, things change dramatically."-- Tom Crum, "Journey to Center"

Wishing you good energy in every moment!

========================

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    Favorite Quotations... What Do They Say About Us?
    « Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 02:01:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • Have you stopped to think what your favorite quotes aresaying about you and your life experiences?

How you relate to them? How they relate to you?

Today... I decided to take one of my favorite quotes and seehow it applies to me. You may want to do the same thing.

This quote by Louis L'Amour is one of my favorites...

"Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment,heredity, and movements and changes in the world about him. Then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishesto be. Only the weak blame their parents, their race, theirtimes, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyonehas it within his power to say, "This I am today; that I will be tomorrow." -Louis L'Amour

I can look back and see how my life was shaped by earlyenvironment, heredity and changes in the world around me.

My life was shaped by my parents, friends, schools,experiences, injuries, where I lived, moves I made, andtreatment from others, all had an effect on me.

Some experiences affected me deeply. Some of these emotional feelings remain with me and affected me later in my life.

There came a time when I realized I control my own realitywith my thinking, imagination, ideas and actions. What Ithink about and focus on creates my reality. My thoughts andimagination cause my actions. So I began to shape my life.Knowing, I control what I can DO...BE... and HAVE.

That's when I made the most progress in my life, when myambitions and goals came to the surface. I decided what Iwanted to do with my life. Many times these were goals anddreams I had at an early age.

Sometimes, my early goals and desires faded into thebackground, but were still in my memory.

I know people who habitually blame parents, environmment,race, color, location or anything else they can think ofexcept... where the blame should be... On them!

No one else is to blame... I take responsibility for thegood and the bad in my life, because, I create my ownreality. It's a weak person who blames everything onsomebody or something else.

The things I put off are my own fault. I can't blame others,or my environment for not taking an action... because, nowI see clearly...

I Create My Own Reality!

My point of power is Now... Today! I can't change the past.The present moment is where I can make changes for myfuture. My thoughts, imagination, ideas and actions today,create my reality tomorrow.

I become what I think about all day long. That determines what I will do, be, and have tomorrow and in the future. I create it!... I'm responsible for the good and the bad. What I focus on becomes my reality. That's true for any and all areas of my life.

And... I believe it and accept it!

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    The Tiniest of Gladiators
    « Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 10:33:55 PM »
  • Publish

• I stared into those biggest of navy blue eyes and felt the power ofhis fighting spirit, despite the pain and week long raging fever. Mostof the time my heart was in my throat and my mind was awash withcounter-productive thoughts like, "why him?" and "this isn't fair!"

This wasn't helping him to be sure (my daughter was much strongerthan I), but in spite, he not only survived the arduous ordeal, but heemerged the victor!

I am talking about my infant grandson, Corbin Nicolas, clobberedwith a serious infection of the lymph glands. This tiniest ofgladiators toughed out what few adults could have and not onlyamazed his wonderful pediatrician and hospital staff, but I feelprofoundly and positively impacted them.

My precious bundle of joy is not a superhuman little being. He issimply a child, like any other, who knows no different than to fightthe fight and win!

Now I ask you: what if YOU knew NO other way than to just go outand win? Well, that's how the true achievers of this world think 24hours a day, 7 days a week. Further, it is the lack of this thinkingprocess that is most often the sole difference between success andfailure.

When failure is perceived as a possibility, it will most likely becomeyour reality. However, when we envision success as the onlyoption, just as natural as gravity itself, success is achieved. Notwithout sacrifice. Not without setbacks. And certainly not withoutpain. But, it IS achieved!

Personally, and most probably, I'm at least an entry-levelworkaholic with enough Virgo perfectionism to allow my thinking tostray off course at times. My stress level rises, my thinkingpatterns disintegrate and I become unfocused. Suddenly, myforward motion is slowed, halted or even reversed.

I was in such a tailspin when the call came from my daughter thatsomething was terribly wrong with Corbin. Of course, business justdidn't matter at that point, but it was through this trauma and "in"someone who has been on this planet more than 90 times lessthan me, and who knew no different than to "just do it!", that I foundmy way again.

Corbin was released from the hospital after his ten-day fight, betterthan new and all the stronger in both body and soul.

Look, I'm not a preachy person (most of the time anyway), butevery now and then we all need a wake up call to remind us of thevery simple laws that propel our universe. And I received mine soclose to home and in a circumstance that had absolutely nothingto do with the entrepreneurial spirit, but everything to do with thehuman spirit.

I learned my lesson through the eyes of a child.

By Rick Beneteau

Rick is co-creator of the breakthrough Make Every Day A GreatDay Program.

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    Letting Go Of Perfection
    « Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 10:40:49 PM »
  • Publish
  • "The power of discovery enables us to achieve excellence without having to be "perfect.'"

? Thomas Crum, The Magic of Conflict

I arrived at the conference center ready to present my workshop. Almost immediately I noticed the room was too small and it was not set up as requested. There were no flipcharts and there were tables, though I had specifically asked for open space. I caught myself and smiled. I drew the word D I S C O V E R Y in large letters on a piece of newsprint and put it at the front of the room as a reminder.

Discovery.

One of my favorite words, the concept of Discovery excites the brain, conjures up lost treasure, desert islands, new inventions, and old relics, something that was ?- up to now ?- unknown. Explorers discover new lands, scientists discover cures for diseases, and philosophers seek to discover the truth.

What about discovering each other? Learning what is new and important in each of our neighbors, friends, family, colleagues; what has been lost in the daily grind of work; truths, values, and hopes that are yet to be revealed? Discovery. A lovely word.

I first came to appreciate Discovery in The Magic of Conflict, where Thomas Crum describes it as a magical domain that "allows us to move beyond the fight, beyond success, to an open realm of possibility." When we're in Discovery mode, we are spontaneous, curious, fascinated, and appreciative of life in all its diversity.

Young children live in Discovery and sometimes we do. Katharine Hepburn lived a life of stardom but never lost her childlike fascination with people and life. Thomas Edison's famous quotation after many attempts at inventing the light bulb shows a person in Discovery mode: "I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work!"

Perfection.

What's the opposite of Discovery? Perfection ?- a place with which we're all too familiar. In Perfection, things have to be done right, we have to look good, get good grades, and win the games we play. Our standards are high, and failure is to be avoided at all costs. In daily conflicts, sometimes at the expense of our dearest relationships, we have to prevail. When we feel attacked we fight back, sometimes with our own hurtful words, or with behavior calculated to control, manipulate and diminish.

Shifting Gears.

According to Tom Crum, when we shift into Discovery, we treat mistakes as outcomes and conflicts as opportunities to learn and understand more of the world and our partners. We stop being afraid to fail because there is no failure, only increased awareness and experience. We enter a world of wonder, spontaneity, and fun.

What Can I Learn Here?

We shift into Discovery, not with judgment, but with awareness -?by moving from "How can I be right about this?" to: "What can I learn here?"

When I'm angry because I just missed a three-foot putt, Discovery changes self-judgment into an opportunity for learning.

In the middle of a tough meeting with your department manager, try asking yourself -- "What can I learn here?" What is it about this issue that's important to each of us?

Upon arriving home, you find your life partner upset.Your first reaction is that it's something you did. But wait! "What can I learn here?" jumps into your thoughts, and you ask: "Honey, you seem upset. Anything I can help with?" And you hear: "I'm just worried that I won't finish this new project they gave me at work in time."

Or your teenager is exhibiting new habits that have you worried. It's worth checking out what the worldview is from her perspective before reaching a judgment.

We've all experienced moments of Discovery when we break through to a new understanding. It's a powerful place that we like and want to revisit. The challenge is to choose to go there on purpose, especially in difficult situations. Katharine Hepburn has been quoted as saying, "Wouldn't it be great if people could get to live suddenly as often as they die suddenly?" Shifting from Perfection to Discovery is the way. Try it. Discover for yourself.

By Judy Ringer, Power & Presence Training

Judy Ringer is a conflict and communication skills trainer, black belt in aikido, and sole owner of Power & Presence Training.

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    A Time To Awake
    « Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 10:44:27 PM »
  • Publish
  • What has become of your fondest dreams?

If you were guaranteed success, what would dare to attempt?

We all have dreams, deep inside?those moments when we take a voyage in our imagination, into a world where everything was possible. A world where fear is a strange concept, limits are non-existent and we are at peace with ourselves.

How come our dreams remain just that?dreams?

Why are we stuck in jobs we hate, held bound by the fear of the unknown, if we dare to stand up and walk away?

Every new day seems to take us farther away from our dream. Sometime we get so caught up in the rat race; our dreams seem like a distant memory. Little by little we let our dreams die.

How come our biggest dreams don't come true?

The answer is not a profound revelation from the east, culled from wisdom of the ancients. It is so simple; you begin to wonder why it skipped you all these years.

Our dreams simply don't come true because we keep on sleeping after dreaming. We don't wake up, get out of bed, and do something about it. The best dreams come to pass when you are awake?

Sometimes we actually wake up and take one giant leap for mankind. Then we plummet back to earth, lick our wounds, convince ourselves that it is not feasible, and promptly go back to sleep. Sometime we give it a second or third shot, before we say goodbye and return to status quo avenue. Well, we gave our best shot?

For some, we keep snoring away hoping that one day; we will awaken to a glorious dawn. Oh Happy day! We hope that a unique set of circumstances will propel us to the fulfillment of our dreams. We will simply happen to be at the right place at the right time, and the rest is history?

I had always dreamed of becoming a best-selling author. I wanted to make a home in the serene countryside, close to nature, for inspiration to write my masterpieces, and travel the world with my family in-between.

On the strength of my dreams, I embarked on my first writing project, a fiction novel way back 1982. A year and two rejection slips later, I embarked on another fiction novel. That project got abandoned as I gained admission to college to study Engineering.

How did I end up reading engineering?

I was good in science subjects and I gave a kiss of life to many abandoned electrical and mechanical appliances that my parents had given up on. Conclusion, this boy is an engineer! To make it more compelling, present day realities then dictated that only professionals stood a fighting chance of getting a jobs: sweeter still, it will make my parents mighty proud. To drive the point home, my brother-in-law read Mechanical Engineering, and was doing very well. Don't I aspire to be like him? It was an ironclad case. The world of everyday reality was closer than my field of dreams. He, who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day. In 1984, I shoved my dreams into a bottom drawer and proceeded to college

My dreams lay dormant for almost 20years. December 2001, I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. I woke up big time. I have been awake ever since then. I am not yet a best selling author, but I am definitely edging my way there, one step at a time, one day at a time.

The only way our dreams can come true, is when we start doing something about it. Start with a baby step, one tiny step after another. With time, you will be amazed how far you had gone. The more steps you take in the direction of your dreams, the bolder you become. Soon you start seeing shafts of light at the end of the tunnel. The closer you get, the more feasible it becomes. Gradually, your fears begin to ebb away.Taking the first step is a scary business. You can determine the magnitude and direction of that first step. Some folks grab the bull by the horn, quit their day job, and go for it. Others keep their day jobs, and moonlight at sun down, till they get to the point they can comfortably fire their boss. For others still, it means a change of career.

Whichever route you take to the land of your dreams, the starting point is waking up, and doing something. Then keep on keeping on. It is only a matter of time. You will get there?

By Usiere Uko

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    The Meaning of Life
    « Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 10:45:52 PM »
  • Publish

• Life ?.. Indeed is full of learning's, experiences, facts and lots of sad and happier moments full of love, emotions, affinity, dislikes. This four letter word can very well be described as:

L - Love

I - Inspiration

F - Facts

E - Experience

Lets take a look what life is :

Life is an ???.

1.Experience ?. Full of Care, Dream, Dare, Risk, Change, and Challenge.

2.Resolution ?. Full of Determination, Decision, Opinion, Satisfaction

3.Revolution ?.. Full of Hope, Love, Pride, Faith, and vivacious happenings.

4.Inspiration ?..Full of Strength, Motivation, Light, Depth, Truth

5.Education ? Full of Courage, Valor ,Justice, Action , Triumph and capricious Learning's

6.Empowerment ?. Full of Concern, Effort, Challenge, Passion

7.Intensity ?.. Full of Beauty, Culture, Virtue, Belief

8.Dedication ?. Full of Friendship, Service, Context, Vision, Content

9.Humility ?. Full of Attitude, Bravery, Leadership

10.Heroism ? Full of Compassion, Tenderness, Connection

11.Understanding ?. Full of Sympathy, Empathy, Thoughts

12.Emotions ?.. full of Passion, Liking, Intelligence, Faith

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    How to Use the Ebb and Flow of Life to Your Advantage
    « Reply #40 on: June 27, 2007, 10:48:46 PM »
  • Publish
  • Are you overwhelmed with so many activities you don't know where to start?

Are you always in a hurry but seem to getnowhere?

Do you find yourself in a state of perpetual over-drive?

Do you constantly feel tired?

Perhaps it's time to take inventory of your life.

But how?

Here is an excerpt written in the early 1900's by an author who has very wise words about thismodern day problem. Apparently this problem is notexclusive to our times.

This author makes reference to life being like the ocean'swaves: incoming waves and outflowing waves.

"Through all creation runs the same ebb and flow,ebb and flow, which you can see in the ocean. Itis the life-pulse of creation. And there is in it pulse -the long ebb and flow of spring and fall, the short ebb and flow at your own wrist. Just so there arelong spiritual spring-flows and fall-ebbs, and there are the short daily ones you can easily feel. And there are infinitely smaller ones of which you arenot yet conscious, but to which you subconsciouslyrespond. The spiritual tides of the One-Power flow in all veins. We feel them, and respond, but we as yet only dimly understand."

"But where we cannot understand we may trust.As I wandered in the wilderness of "ups and downs,"as I descended from Transfiguration Mounts to deepValleys of Shadows, and then asceded again, and yet was never quite lost, I learned more and more how to trust; until in time I came to KNOW that 'all things work together for good' to those whowork with them."

"All nature works, and then rests; works and rests.I caught its rhythm and worked and rested with it.When I felt that inertia stealing over me, I rested;and while resting my power recuperated - the tide rose in me."

I truly believe the secret to a fulfilling life is to findyour balance. For this, one of the things you must practice is listening to what yourbody tells you. If you're tired, then you may needto take time-out to unwind: read a book, meditate,take an hour off from your hectic schedule anddo something relaxing, like taking a bubble bath ora short nap.

When you see your life in synchrony with nature then it is much easier to go with the ebb and flow ofeverday living.

I hope this helps you to come more in contact withyourself and take the time to smell the roses!

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    I Dare You To Be Successful
    « Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 10:52:35 PM »
  • Publish
  • Just imagine how it would feel to be successful...., tohave sufficient money finding its way into your bankaccount on a monthly basis, to have absolutely no sleeplessnights about income and how you are going to pay all thebills at the end of the month. Just imagine how it wouldfeel to be able to take a vacation when you want to. Justimagine how it would feel to pay cash for your nextvehicle.......

It is good to dream! But, are we always just going to dreamabout doing things, dream about taking action, dream aboutmaking that move, dream...?

I saw an article tonight by Mike Litman. He described thedifference between successful and passive persons. Whatstruck me though was his statement at the end. It took him7 years to "find his focus". Now this is what I have beenlooking for - you see: He did not quit. He kept on trying'till he became successful - He did not quit.

Here are some of Mike's differences between successful andpassive people:

They're always passive at their jobs.
    They go for their dreams very "safely".
    They "La De Da" through life.
    They "hope" something good happens.

From my experience, this is not the right attitude forsuccess.

"No way, Jose".

Let me share with you an ACTION of success.Let me share with you a PERSPECTIVE of success that I'veseen through people who are living their dreams, bothpersonally and financially.

**Successful people...
    ACT from a sense of URGENCY.

Let me say that again.
    **Successful people ACT from a sense of URGENCY.

There's an URGENCY to accomplish tasks.
    There's an URGENCY to live their dreams.
    There's an URGENCY to get things done.
    They're ATTACKING vs. WAITING.
    Big difference.

Huge difference.

You have to go to dreams with a SENSE OF URGENCY.

None of us are going to live 'till 150 years old.

You have to ignite that part of you that can CATAPULT youto GREATER productivity and ACTION.

Ask yourself:
    If I was going to act from a sense of URGENCY, what 2actions would I take today?

Write them down and then DO IT.

Come on, YOU can do more than you EXPECT of yourself.

You can do it.
    YES, you can!

Are you ready or really ready to make your next 7 daysawesome?

I thought so, let's go!

Have a GREAT day and never give up on your dreams! (It tookme 7 years to find my focus, it's not over until youquit).

Talk to you soon.

Mike Litman, #1 best-selling author of "Conversations withMillionaires"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought you'd enjoy this.

A while ago I offered a young man the chance to run aniche product website. He had been telling me for a whilehow important it was to him to be "in charge" of his owndestiny and how serious he was about being successful. Thisopportunity did not cost the young man anything, but his owntime - everything, including training, had been cateredfor.

It is now 6 months later. We have been losing customers andsubscribers steadily from this site/product and our youngman shows no sign or sense of urgency.

We had a discussion about this last week. What did he speakto me about - listen to this: He spoke to me about the nextproject he has lined up!! He is not concerned about thedecreasing numbers on the current project. He is notconcerned about turning it around and making a profit orsuccess out of it. In his dream he is already living thenext successful project. In his dream...

Maybe this was too big for him, maybe he was not reallyserious, maybe he did not realise how much work ittakes.... But you know what: He was not interested inmoving out of his comfort zone. Another passive indicator.

Talk is cheap. Dreams are easy, but what we need to do is:"Actively live our dream"

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    Does Introspection Assist in Self Progression?
    « Reply #42 on: July 01, 2007, 03:24:27 AM »
  • Publish
  • Why would we need to examine our lives? What benefit does ityield? Isn't it just rehashing the past?

All of these questions have merit and I will examine each in thisarticle.

Self progression has a strong tie to one's willingness to be able toreflect on pertinent decisions. Moreover, this task, if done dailyand immediately after an action or decision, can bear much fruit.

Have you ever sat and stared out at something beautiful like aglassy lake or a foggy mountain and simply thought about your lifeand what it seemingly means?

This, simply put, is the nuts and bolts of introspection. Tointrospect is, in basic terms, reflecting or self examining whatcertain things mean to you. Introspection allows you to askyourself why you should or shouldn't have done something acertain way.

Asking poignant, yet logical, questions to yourself and resolving tocome out more insightful because of this action, clears theambiguities of life.

Becoming accountable to yourself as well as others is an extremelyempowering concept. This means that whatever comes around thebend or up the hill, you are resolved to face it without the worry ofcontaminating something due to your actions or lack thereof.

This, in turn, certainly becomes a sort of purification process andeases any turmoils that rattle your subconscious. It's trulybeneficial to resist stagnation, strive for self progression, and discover introspection's significant importance.

Without a doubt, many people would argue that the past is just thepast, and rehashing it is merely a waste of time, so just moveforward.

Well, moving forward is one thing. However, dissecting yourrecent and long-term past, is truly the only way we can learn fromour mistakes, keeping those lessons learned always in our backpocket.

Don't be afraid to be critical, if your actions or lack thereof,warrant it.

In self examination, sometimes you need to be a tough critic. Thisconcept raises the bar of standards and ensures that it doesn'tnaturally slide downward due to self-neglect.

Constantly moving forward should only proceed once examinationand accountability has been achieved. It is definitely nothing lessthan horrible advice to forget about everything when people saythis. It is basically saying turn the other cheek to reality and stepaway by moving forward.

Although, there are many scenarios in life, like a breakup in arelationship, where sometimes moving forward sooner than later isindicated; however, these still need the assistance of introspection.

In the event your ego is simply too important because everythingyou do or touch usually turns to gold and silver anyway, then it'stime to check that at the door.

By not checking your ego or narcissism, your simply becoming likethat of a plant that never grows. You are always fed with waterand sunlight but, due to your lack of introspection, you stay staticamongst the many others becoming taller and stronger around you.

Committing to yourself to daily self examination will undoubtedlyimprove your moral character, but more importantly, help in youroverall self progression. Resolve to become and stay permanentlycommitted.

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    Re: Inspirational
    « Reply #43 on: July 01, 2007, 03:30:19 AM »
  • Publish
  • Transform Old Grumpy

This is a true story. A woman had Snow White and the Seven dwarfs in her yard as lawn ornaments. One morning she found that Grumpy was missing. The thorough search of the neighborhood and many inquiries were fruitless. Grumpy had vanished.

Weeks later he suddenly appeared again in his usual spot, the same grump's expression on his painted-plaster face. But attached to him with duct tape was a photo album. One picture showed Grumpy in front of London's Big Ben. Another showed him grumping in front of the Eiffel Tower. Picture after picture documented his trek around the world. Perhaps the pranksters hoped a free world tour would cheer up the little fellow. But it did no good whatsoever. He returned as sour as when he left.

Isn't it amazing that God is so patient with us? He invests a great deal in us, shows us His wonders, educates us in His ways. Through all of this do we remain unchanged, unaffected, untouched?

What does it mean to walk by the Spirit and to be led by the Spirit (Gal. 5:16,18)? Doesn't it mean a submission to what God wants to do with us and in us? Doesn't it involve at least a willingness on our part to do what we can to cooperate?

I'm not talking about subjective "leading" which is hardly more than blindly stumbling after impulses and impressions. I mean the BIG stuff: developing spiritual discernment between right and wrong and spiritual muscle to be like Jesus even in a hostile environment.

As we continue on God's world-tour of life, let's soften up and de-grumpify. God wants us to make it to the end, not just unbroken, but transformed by the journey.

Offline pramanisa

• Blessings 0
    I Am Powerful!
    « Reply #44 on: July 01, 2007, 09:28:14 AM »
  • Publish
  • I am very powerful!
    Whatever I set my mind on having, I will have.
    Whatever I decide to be, I will be.
    The evidence is all around me.
    The power of my will has brought me precisely to where I am right now.
    I have made the choices. I have held the thoughts.
    I have taken the actions to create my current reality.
    And I have the power to change it into whatever I want it to be.
    With the choices I make, I am constantly fulfilling the vision I have for my life.
    If that does not seem to be the case --
    then I am deceiving myself about what I really want.
    Because what I really, truly want, I will get!
    What I truly wanted in the past, I already have.
    If I want to build a billion-dollar business, I will take the actions necessary to do it.
    If I want to sit comfortably watching TV night after night --
    I will take the actions necessary for that.
    Don’t be disappointed in my results --
    they’re just the outward manifestation of my priorities.
    I will be sure of what I truly want,
    because I am sure to get it!

Facebook Comments