Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Message of the day  (Read 120695 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Re: Message of the day
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2010, 07:03:29 AM »
  • Publish

• Through your thoughts you are either gaining power or losing it.

Positive thoughts generate power; negative ones waste it.

To taste the sweetness of life, you must have the power to forget the past.

Today's Self improvement Thought.

Good wishes and pure feelings bring easy success while working at a task.

If there are good feelings for both the task and the one who is carrying out the task, then the result attained by those feelings is automatically special. The feeling of giving love and cooperation, no matter what anyone is like gives good wishes and pure feelings. There is a deep impact of such good feelings which transforms others too.

Experience:

When I am able to maintain my own good feelings for others, I am able to enjoy the fruit of my own pure thoughts. I am not disturbed by temporary clashes that I have because of the different nature of the person I am working with, but enjoy working together. So there is also good feelings from the other person too and so there is easy success experienced.

Baba blessings!

JaiSaiRam

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #106 on: February 12, 2010, 06:47:11 AM »
  • Publish
  • The harmony that exists within the minds of individuals will be reflected in harmonious society.

Silence is not only the absence of sound but also stillness of the mind.

If I enjoy praise, it means I can be easily hurt by defamation.

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #107 on: February 17, 2010, 08:15:15 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sometimes a smile can be like a drop of water in a desert.

Staying centered in your elevated self-respect will help you remain undisturbed by others.

The one who is the master of the self is able to master situations and control people.

If there is an attempt to control situations and people without trying to control the self it becomes impossible. It only takes things more out of control and leads to extreme emotions like anger. To be a master means to be a master of one's own feelings and emotions under all circumstances. It means to have the reins in one's own hands.

Experience:

When I am able to be a master of my own thoughts, feelings and emotions I am able to deal effectively with situations and people. I never go out of control or lose my cool however difficult the situation or person may be. This enables me to be aware of my own inner resources and use it to be the best of my ability.

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #108 on: March 08, 2010, 11:00:23 AM »
  • Publish
  • Things only a MOTHER can teach!

My Mother taught me about ANTICIPATION:
    "Just wait until your father gets home."

My Mother taught me about RECEIVING:.
    "You are going to get it when we get home!"

My Mother taught me to MEET A CHALLENGE:
    "What were you thinking? Answer me when I talk to you... Don't talk back to me!"

My Mother taught me LOGIC:
    "Because I said so, that's why."
    &
    "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

My Mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE:
    "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

My Mother taught me to THINK AHEAD:
    "If you don't pass your spelling test, you'll never get a good job."

My Mother taught me ESP:
    "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you're cold?"

My Mother taught me HUMOR:
    "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

My Mother taught me how to BECOME AN ADULT:
    "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

My Mother taught me about GENETICS:
    "You're just like your father."

My Mother taught me about my ROOTS:
    "Do you think you were born in a barn?"

My Mother taught me about WISDOM OF AGE:
    "When you get to be my age, you will understand."

My Mother taught me about JUSTICE:
    "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you. Then you'll see what it's like."

My mother taught me RELIGION:
    "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL:
    "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

My mother taught me FORESIGHT:
    "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

My mother taught me IRONY:
    "Keep crying and I'll *give* you something to cry about."

My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS:

"Shut your mouth and eat your supper!"

My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM:
    "Will you *look* at the dirt on the back of your neck!"

My mother taught me about STAMINA:
    "You'll sit there until all that spinach is finished."

My mother taught me about WEATHER:
    "It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."

My mother taught me how to solve PHYSICS PROBLEMS:
    "If I yelled because I saw a meteor coming toward you, would you listen then?"

My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY:
    "If I've told you once, I've told you a million times: Don't Exaggerate!!!"

My mother taught me THE CIRCLE OF LIFE:
    "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

My mother taught me about BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION:
    "Stop acting like your father!"

My mother taught me about ENVY:
    "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do!"

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #109 on: March 08, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • The Four Yogis

My grandmother once told me a story of four yogis.

The first was a Bhakti yogi, one who felt that devotion and love for God in his physical form was the right way to please him.
    The Bhakta's emotions ruled his heart and soul.

The second was a gyana yogi. He let his head rule over everything else. He viewed everything with intelligence and reasoning.
    He was not the emotional kind.

The third was a karmayogi. He was a workaholic. He felt that without work there was no life.
    He practised that 'Work is worship' and it was the only way to seek the favour of the Almighty God.

The fourth was a Kriyayogi. He felt that work, form and emotions all were illusions. Everything around us is just cosmic energy. Unless every action, thought, word or deed was directed to the transformation of energy and channelling the same, nothing would be right.

"Well", said Grandma, "Since all these four yogis were so different in nature, they could never pull along together, they never agreed to do anything jointly. But surprisingly one night they were strolling together in a forest and it started to rain. They ran for shelter to an ancient Temple.

There was an old Shiva Lingam in the centre. Four pillars around it held up an old creaky roof.  But it was enough to shelter them from the rain. Soon, the rain became more and more violent and started coming down in sheets. The storm was full of fury and the wind whistled through the forest as the trees swayed dangerously all around. The four yogis huddled closer and closer for fear of being blown away by the mighty tempest. Eventually all of them were hugging and clinging onto the Shiva Lingam in order to anchor themselves to the ground.

Suddenly they felt something happening to them all. There was a Divine presence emanating from the lingam and enveloping them all in its overpowering embrace.  It was like a homecoming. Each one thought the same thing. "All these years I have performed yogic penance but never felt your presence Lord, as I feel you now! Why today of all days? Why in the middle of this forest, in this stormy night!" And God said compassionately "Today all four of you have got together. Till you did that, how could I have come?"
    In the core of our hearts, these four aspects of our personality fight over each other. Sometimes we try Bhakti, Gyan, Karma or Kriya to win over the Lord. But if only we were to try moderation and let each have its own place in our life and let all of them coexist, in harmony; God would soon accept us as His and that would be a homecoming for us too.

In society too it is very important to learn to tolerate each other and other schools of thought or viewpoints. Too much rigidity leads to fanaticism.

Flexibility in thought, word and deed is congruent with a well-groomed personality. Unity in diversity is beautiful.

Author Unknown

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #110 on: April 05, 2010, 01:46:06 PM »
  • Publish
  •  ;D

AUM SAIBABA SHIRDI SAIBABA
    Teach me to be...Beautiful
    ;D

Teach me to be...Cultural
      ;D

Teach me to be ... Devotional
    ;D

Teach me to be ...Eternal
    :D

Teach me to be ...Faithful
      ::)

Teach me to be ... Gentle ;D

Teach me to be ... Humble

Teach me to be ...Immortal
    ;)

Teach me to be ...Jovial
      8)

Teach me to be ...Knowledgeable
      ::)

Teach me to be...Lovable
      :P

Teach me to be ..Merciful
    :'(

Teach me to be ..Noble
      ;D

Teach me to be ...offerable

Teach me to be Punctual
      :(

AUM §AIBABA SHIRDI
    Teach me to be ...Quietful
      :-X

Teach me to be ...Real
      8)

Teach me to be ..Spiritual
      ;)

Teach me to be ...Technical
      :)

Teach me to be Universal
      ;D

Teach me to be valuable
      >:(

AUM SAIBABA SHIRDI SAIRABA
    Teach me to be ...worshipful

Teach me to be Xencial

Teach me to be Youthful
      :-*

Teach me to be ...Zealful
      :-*
    Aum Shanti
      ;D :) ;) :D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #111 on: April 13, 2010, 09:19:39 AM »
  • Publish
  • We devotees of Sai…

We devotees of Sai should be the ambassadors of true religion and we should live by example. Sai preached simplicity of thoughts and humbleness in behavior. Humility, the most basic way of life, is the toughest attribute to cultivate. Our social status, achievements, and other material possessions often times become our identity and makes life complicated. But the truth remains that these are tangible things and it is weakness in our faith and knowledge that keeps us from rising above these superficial identities.

Often times we make handsome donations to holy shrines and perform rituals to show our spiritual believes. Does donating to holy shrines and performing ritualistic poojas reflect spirituality? A person pursuing the path of spirituality needs to find God in every person and thus bow to all. Sharing our wealth for maintenance of holy places is not condemned but this should not be counted as our only responsibility.

Sai has made the path of spirituality easy and practical for us. Perform our duties/ jobs with loyalty and dedication devoid of all politics and unhealthy competition and progress is inevitable. In the short run it may seem unworthy but in the long run we will triumph. Make profits and earn wealth but not by cheating or conniving others. Wealth gained in this manner will always have Baba's blessing and bring happiness to us. Sharing this wealth with people in need will only increase our future gains. Never let our social status and material worth shadow our decisions. Let His teaching and philosophy lead our way this will bring us real peace and happiness and success will always be ours.

Jai Sairam!

(Contributed by Manisha)

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #112 on: April 29, 2010, 09:49:26 AM »
  • Publish
  • Precognition

Precognition does not necessarily restrict man's free will. It depends entirely on the wisdom-Light of the one who has the knowledge of the future and on his capacity to deal with the prediction. It may be helpful to have the capacity to know the future, but one should not pray to Baba to give him this capacity. One should pray to Baba only for the fulfillment of His Will.

To know the future is good only if we have patience, faith and the wisdom to use this knowledge in the proper way. Suppose we see that something discouraging, disheartening and destructive is going to take place in our life in the near future. Because we know in advance, we have the opportunity to pray to Baba to avert the calamity.

On the other hand, if we see something good, divine, inspiring, illumining and fulfilling is going to take place in the near future, then we can start offering our sincere gratitude to Baba, and also we can pray to Baba to expedite this fulfilling manifestation. Baba may listen to our prayers and accelerate the process if He sees that we truly value His blessings.

So if Baba blesses us with inner vision or with the capacity to know the future, then we have to utilize it properly. There are people who have the vision, but who are not wise enough to use it carefully. When they predict disastrous future events, they create useless and destructive fear in people, instead of inspiring them to pray for protection or illumination.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #113 on: May 07, 2010, 02:50:09 PM »
  • Publish
  • How Baba does it?

Faith in Saibaba slowly leads one to believe that Baba is behind the things done or undone. This realization works easy when the things happen to one's satisfaction while it falters if things are not pleasing. The path to the complete surrender at Sadguru's lotus feet chops away the difference between the pleasant and unpleasant.

If one completely understands how Baba's intent or sankalpa translates to tangible actions to its minutest details, contentment naturally fills in the heart and as the consequence equanimity. Rare and great are such souls. Or, if one would say that somehow Baba will do it, is indicative of a blind faith in Sadguru's disposition. This is a feeling that rain or shine, it is Baba! Any trace of ignorance in this regard will be washed away in the constant company of the Sadguru. But judgments of others actions such as "what does he or she think he or she is doing? Its all Baba's doing", is blatant arrogance. One can easily understand this feeling with a little bit of contemplation. These thoughts should be nipped in the bud, as they are signs of spiritual falling.

Baba didn't materialize anything out of thin air. Baba's "miracles" happen through people and situations in our surroundings in the most inconspicuous ways. This truth is articulated in the most eloquent way by Sri Sarathbabuji as follows: "Miracles of Sai do not take place as something falling from the sky. We experience it through mercy, compassion, and protection from those around us in a natural way. We pray to Baba, "Baba! I need money". I am in difficulties". We offer naivedya to Baba and go to bed, but we do not see Baba keeping a lakh rupees under the pillow! Someone will come to us and suggest a solution to our problem. Baba Himself said, "Not a single leaf moves without my order". When the wind blows, the leaves on the tree move. When even the movement of a leaf from an inanimate tree requires Baba's order, His intent and grace, how can we think that everything is in our hands? When this awareness crops in us, the ego that makes us think, "We are doing something, we have to do it, we have to accomplish and we have accomplished because we have done something", will vanish. The realization that "He does everything. And we are not capable of doing anything" is called as "Complete Surrender". However, this should not become the dry and wry philosophy of uttering around, "Its all Baba's sankalpa, what do I have to do? He has done it". The cognizance of "complete surrender" should remain as just an inspiration, a background to the pursuit of our desires, ideals, and trials. Unless we get to completely experience the intent of Saibaba in every action, we should not use the term "complete surrender" for our convenience".

Om Sai Ram............

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #114 on: September 21, 2010, 02:15:04 PM »
  • Publish
  • Tujha waanchuni aashraya naahi bhutalee

Shree sadguru Baba Sayee
    Shree sadguru Baba Sayee
    Tujha waanchuni aashraya naahi bhutalee

Sri Sadguru Sai Baba, where else shall I take refuge on the face of the earth except in You!
    Oh Sainath, we, lowly folk, are miserably drowned in this ocean of samsara and gasping with fear and
    frustration!

Sai devotees cherish singing of the above verse from kakad arathi. The emotional outburst of the destitute is
    nicely captured in the words of Shri Krishna Jogiswar Bhishma, the author of the above verse and similar such
    verses in Sri Sai arathis. However, the irony is when we see “Sai devotees’ letting go of the above sentiment as
    quickly as they appear while singing them, yet run in every direction in search of solace, appeasing everyone
    and bowing to every feet. How pathetic would be the situation when one forsakes his own father and forgets that
    there is no need to go anywhere?

Confidence is the cardinal sign of faith in Sadguru and having faith in Baba “no matter what” is the hallmark of
    a true Sai devotee. When Baba is there to provide even unasked, where is the need to hunt the whole world and
    soothe all and sundry?

Let this be a day in contemplation of the fact that Sri Sai is the sole provider for a Sai devotee and to Him is
    offered all pleas and none else.

Coutesy: Sai Sandesh

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #115 on: October 06, 2010, 02:03:49 PM »
  • Publish
  • Human v/s Divine Love

Human love and Divine love are two completely different things. In human love it is a matter of Give and Take. Divine love is sacrifice, and in this sacrifice, we are fulfilling Baba's Will, consciously or unconsciously. In human love, we display the buyer's and the seller's love, which is synonymous with self-interest. It is not that human beings cannot express divine love. They can and sometimes do. But consistent divine love is, at present, rare in us.

When our love is vital, there is a conscious demand, or at least an unconscious expectation from the love we offer to others. When our love is pure or spiritual, there is no demand, no expectation. There is only the sweetest feeling of spontaneous oneness with the human being or beings concerned.

Therefore it is absolutely necessary, to prevent oneself from giving off impure vital love. Otherwise one will have to constantly wrestle with the gigantic forces of ignorance. One has to use love, not to bind or possess the world, but to free and widen one's own consciousness and the consciousness of the world.

We can consciously give pure love to others if we feel that we are giving a portion of our life-breath when we talk to others or think of others. And this life-breath we are offering just because we feel that we and the rest of the world are totally and inseparably one.

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #116 on: October 07, 2010, 10:25:46 AM »
  • Publish

• Non-Violence

Non-violence is the ultimate dharma is a very popular saying. Normally, we apply this to actions such as wars, killing animals, hunting etc. Strangely, we do not apply it to our day to day life. True, killings are violent acts. Violence need not be always in the form of killing. Causing minor injuries is also violence. Hurting in any manner is violence. e.g. harassing our subordinate in our office with a load of work beyond his capabilities is an unjust and therefore a violent act.

When such things take place in our own life, we do not see even a shadow of the question mark. We believe that our actions do not fall within the definition of violence. We simply assume that we know many things for sure and forge ahead blindly. This is indeed the cause for many emotional conflicts in life. When we understand what constitutes violence, we can comprehend what non-violence is. We will then be able to reap the benefits of observing non-violence.

Hatred is violence, love is non-violence. When the feeling of hatred resides in the heart in any form - words, actions or thoughts, it amounts to violence. Sometimes hatred does not even manifest in the form of speech. It assumes the form of emotional vibrations.

To avoid all kinds of ill thoughts let us meditate on Baba and pray.

"May all of us live happily. May us all be healthy.

May auspiciousness shower on us all. May not a single being be unhappy"

This is an emotional prayer. It is directly opposite to mental violence. In other words, it emanates from a heart that is devoid of hatred and is filled with love. Violence, which has its root in hatred bears the fruit, called sin. Conversely, non-violence, which comes out of love, bears the fruit called merit.

If we harm someone out of hatred, he will suffer immediately. We will pay for it later. If we do good to someone out of love, he will enjoy instantaneously. We will reap the benefit later. The seed that we have sown now will take some time to sprout, grow in to a big tree and bear fruits. But we can not imagine how many fruits and seeds will come out of the tree, for which we have sown the seed. We will have to reap it all. We can not escape it.

Let us therefore practice goodness in thoughts, actions and words.
      :) :) :) :) :)

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #117 on: November 10, 2010, 10:32:04 AM »
  • Publish
  • The Greatest Disapproval of Life

Many of us unconsciously believe that we're unworthy.

We adopt this belief very early in our lives,

when the people we looked up to disapprove our demands, wishes and behaviors.

We then conclude that we are no good.

The greatest disapproval is not when others put you down,it is when you put down yourself.  ;D

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    The Burdens of Life
    « Reply #118 on: November 10, 2010, 10:33:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • The Burdens of Life

We worry about our family, we worry about money or the lack of it.

We worry about work, about where we live, about all sorts of things.

These are all burdens - the things we pick up along life's path and lug them around the obstacles and over the

crevasses that life will bring; only to find that, at the destination they are useless and we can't take them with us.  >:(

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #119 on: November 22, 2010, 10:55:17 AM »
  • Publish
  • Baba Lends A Helping Hand

In whatsoever form and name we might worship God, He would respond to our passionate call uttered sincerely. We do not recall God in times of joy. Just as darkness comes after light, hard times loom large before us. The world which praises a person in the highest manner will simply ignore him on knowing that he is reduced to misery and is in trouble. For any reason, if a healthy person falls sick and become weak, the world turns its back on him. At this juncture, God comes to their thought. Then, they would whole-heartedly pray, "There is none other than You". God with His loving kindness will readily come to the rescue of anyone. He would not count our mistakes committed in the past, as also He cannot leave us alone. He extends His helping hand and takes us closer to Him.God is always ready to help us in some form or other. A drowning man gets the support of a wooden plank. Who has sent it? None other than God. Likewise, in the face of hardships, one need not worry that one is alone and helpless. God is indeed our Father. When Khaparde's son in Shirdi was suffering from plague, Baba uttered "the clouds shall soon vanish" and shown the signs of plague on His body by lifting His upper garment. The boy regained health by next day. Yes, for those who trust in Baba, He is the Merciful One who extends His Hand of help.

OM SAI RAM SRI SAI RAM JAYA JAYA SHIRDI SAIRAM

Facebook Comments