Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Message of the day  (Read 113861 times)

Offline shalabh

• Blessings 4
  • Om Shree Sai Nathay
Re: Message of the day
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • SUBHASHNI   JI  ,

I   WISH  THAT  I  COULD  HAVE  SUCH  INDEPTH  KNOWLEDGE AS IT  IS  VISIBLE  IN  YOUR CONTENTS .
    THANK  YOU   FOR  SHARING .
    SHALABH     BHARADWAJ

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
    • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #151 on: July 26, 2011, 08:34:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • If you Stand for a Reason,
    Be prepared to stand like a Tree,

If you fall on the ground, Fall as a Seed..
    That grows back ...To fight Again.

Heavy rains remind us of challenges in life. Never ask for a lighter rain.

Just pray for a better umbrella.

That is attitude.

When flood comes, fish eat ants & when flood recedes, ants eat fish. Only time matters.

Just hold on, God gives opportunity to everyone!

Life is not about finding the right person, but creating the right relationship,

it's not how we care in the beginning, but how much we care till the very end.

Some people always throw stones in your path. It depends on you what you make with them.

A Wall or a Bridge? Remember you are the architect of your life.

Search for a beautiful heart, but don't search for a beautiful face'.

Coz beautiful things are not always good, but good things are always beautiful.

It’s not important to hold all the good cards in life.

But it’s important how well you play with the cards you hold.

Often when we lose all hope & think this is the end,

God smiles from above and says, `relax dear it’s just a bend. Not the end.

Have Faith and have a successful life.

One of the basic differences between God and humans is, God gives, gives and forgives.

But the human gets, gets, gets and forgets.

Be thankful in life......    ;D ;D ;D   
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #152 on: August 14, 2011, 08:05:53 AM »
  • Publish
  • Obey the Will of God 

Learn to accept. Accept every happening in your life as the Will of God. "O Lord! Thy Will will be done"—let this be your only reaction to every twist and turn in life. God is your real friend. He is your greatest well-wisher. He gives various experiences—good and bad—only to mould you, chisel you, shape you into an effective instrument for the working out of His Will. Allow yourself to be shaped by His divine hands. Abandon yourself to His care.

Do not struggle. Do not oppose. Allow yourself to be tossed by God’s Will. Become a straw in the cosmic wind. Have no individual ego. This you can do only if you recognize the existence of God and the Will of God imperatively, only if you learn to see the absolute supremacy of God’s Will over all human initiative and endeavor. Humility is not weakness. It is strength. The more the humility, the greater the accretion of strength. Your life will flow smoothly, because you offer no resistance to God’s Will. There will be no friction. There will be no failure too, because you do not attempt to achieve anything by your own choice and will. But your life will turn out to be a tremendous success, because God’s wisdom and strength will enter the vacuum of your being emptied of your egoism and fill it in the same manner as air rushes into a vacuum and fills it. This is the Law.

JaiSaiRam
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #153 on: September 07, 2011, 02:20:12 PM »
  • Publish

• WHAT IS VIRTUE? WHAT IS SIN? 

Papa is sin. Punya is virtue. Remember the motto always: "Do unto others as you wish others do unto you". This is the Kasoti or test for virtue and sin. You do not wish to be hurt by others. So do not hurt another person. You wish to be helped by others. So help others. You do not wish to be robbed by others. So do not rob others' property. When you enter the compartment in a train, you wish that others should give you a seat. They should not drive you to another compartment. So, when anyone enters your compartment, give him a seat. Do not drive him away. Hurting another is sin; non-hurting is virtue. Selfishness is sin; helping others is virtue. Robbing others' property is sin; doing charity is virtue. Driving a man from the compartment is sin; giving a seat to a man in your compartment is virtue.

That which elevates you is virtue; that which pulls you down is vice or sin. That which takes you to the Goal is virtue; that which makes you a worldly man is sin. That which helps you attain God-head is virtue; that which hurls you down in the dark abyss of ignorance is sin. That which gives you illumination is virtue; that which causes intoxication is sin. That which purifies your heart is virtue; that which taints your heart is sin. That which gives you peace, joy, satisfaction, exhilaration, expansion of heart, is virtue; that which brings restlessness, dissatisfaction, depression, and contraction of heart, is vice.

Service of humanity and Guru is virtue; mischief-mongering is sin. Faith in God, in the scriptures, in the words of the spiritual preceptor, is virtue; doubting is sin. Loving all is virtue; hating others is sin. Unity is virtue; separation is sin. Independence is virtue; dependence is sin. Brahmacharya is virtue; lust is sin. Truthfulness is virtue; falsehood is sin. Generosity is virtue; miserliness is sin. Oneness is virtue; duality is sin. Knowledge is virtue; ignorance is sin. Strength is virtue; weakness is sin. Courage is virtue; cowardice is sin. To behold the One Immortal Self everywhere is virtue; to see diversity is sin.

That which you are ashamed to do in public is a sin. That which you dare not admit before your Guru is a sin.

Learn to discriminate between virtue and sin, and become wise. The Antaryamin will guide you rightly; hear Him.

:)

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #154 on: October 07, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »
  • Publish
  • His Grace

Baba is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. He has various kinds of power, but His greatest adamantine power is His grace. The moment Baba uses His grace for an individual, He offers His very Life-Breath to the seeker, for Baba and His grace cannot be separated. Whenever we think of Him, if we feel that it is through His grace that we are approaching Him, then we can be most successful in receiving Him.

The divine grace is constantly descending upon us. Those who are sincerely aspiring are conscious of this divine grace, but those who are not aspiring are keeping their heart's door permanently closed. If we feel the Supreme's grace, then we shall see that His infinite qualities, peace, Light and bliss, are already in the process of entering us, ceaselessly flowing in and through us and becoming part and parcel of our inner and outer life. We have
    only to follow the flow of grace to carry us into the Source which is Sai.

Offline PiyaSoni

• Members
    • Blessings 21
    • ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ
    « Reply #155 on: October 25, 2011, 02:59:58 AM »
  • Publish
  • “He listens to us and answers us”

If we truly want to unburden our hearts, and are honest and sincere about it, we seek the advice of those who love and understand us: our father or mother, wife or husband, our brother or friend. Even though often what we want isn’t so much to listen as to express our feelings and say what has happened to us, a dialogue has already begun. Let us begin to do the same with God; we can be quite sure he listens to us and answers us. Let us pay attention to him and open up our soul in humble conversation, telling him in confidence everything that is on our mind and in our heart: our joys, sorrows, hopes, annoyances, successes, failures, even the most trivial happenings in our day. We will discover that our Heavenly Father is interested in everything about us...

In this way, almost without realizing it, we will go forward at God’s pace, taking strong and vigorous strides. We will come to sense deep in our hearts that when we are close to Our Lord we are able to find joy in suffering, self‑denial and sorrow. What a great source of strength it is for a son of God to know that he is so close to his Father! This is why, my Lord and Father, no matter what happens, I stand firm and secure with you, because you are my rock and my strength .
    "नानक नाम चढदी कला, तेरे पहाणे सर्वद दा भला "

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #156 on: October 28, 2011, 03:05:31 PM »
  • Publish
  • Why we suffer?   

God or His Name is the sole strength in living against all odds and uncertainties. If one is not at cross purposes with Him, one finds His manifestation in every happening. But, one has to bear with patience the onrush of the forces one has let loose. Yoke yourself unto Him and He will bear the brunt.

Take refuge in none but Him. Dependence on Him makes one fearless. Human beings will enjoy three-fourths of life and one-fourth they will suffer. But, we lose our patience and do not accept even that one-fourth of sorrows given by Him.

Don't be obsessed with any wish. Shake off sadness. Unhappiness is part of the ego. Beyond it, no such thing exists. That you have forgotten Truth (that God is within), is the root cause of your misery.

A painful blow becomes bearable to a great extent by His remembrance. As He inflicts blows on you, so also He gives you the capacity for bearing the suffering. As one tolerates unbearable situations with patience, a time comes when He resolves all problems. Whenever you have tumults in mind, try to remember this very often. You can do this. The key is with Him. Truth wins. He is your shield. Destiny still comes but He eases the suffering.

When you have the shelter of Satyanarayan (God within), He will test you in various ways. Your duty is not to get agitated when these sorts of events hurt you. There is a saying of Baba, "You look to Me, I look to you. Even then, if they do not leave Me and still seek Me, I then become their humble servant."

The smiles and frowns of life are His tokens of love. Bear them with loving patience, you have to forsake nothing. Neither indulge, nor restrain.

If you have devotion, you need fear nothing. Devotion is never devoid of strength. So many varied problems and hindrances must come, otherwise people won't understand and realize how and why He is the best of all friends and companions. He is the Dearest One, who keeps us protected in all calamities and adversities, which are unpredictable. People falter in life and suffer by discarding Him. But, they can't do anything without Him. Have faith in Him, unflinching faith. Love Him. Hazards take care of themselves. Remembering and depending on Him make one fearless in life, whatever may happen.

He gives us jolts so that we can be ready to taste real happiness with Him, to make us free of maya, or mind and attachments. We do not know His Will, so we grieve over all He does, but He always does everything for the best. Do not worry. Never try to understand. Only accept as a gift whatever He gives, take it as His blessing. When one feels, "I am helpless, my strength fails" He comes to hold the rudder. Being always in the midst of people with their selfishness, jealousy and hatred, the mind is afflicted with pain. These afflictions are shaken off like dust through devotion and remembrance of God's Name within.

He, the Almighty, by His wish and touch takes away the worldly attractions gradually to bring one to a blissful, peaceful state. A person cannot realize this state on his or her own due to the intensity of illusory worldly desire. You do everything, see everything, listen to everything, but do not get so deeply involved as to invite sufferings through them. Of course, He will ensure this, you don't have to make any effort for it. Just keep Him in your remembrance

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #157 on: November 03, 2011, 04:24:13 PM »
  • Publish
  • "BABA, SHOW ME GOD'

A rich man once approached Baba.
    And said " Show me God (Brahman);
    A long distance have I come, as people say
    That Shirdi Baba reveals God quickly"
    Said Baba "Yes, I will show you Brahman
    At once and that very clearly".

"Most people come to Me seeking wealth,
    Health, fame and other material favours,
    But people like you seeking Brahman are rare indeed.
    Listen, Brahman is the root cause of the Universe, and
    This must be realized to escape the cycle of births and deaths;
    Only a Guru can help you to this realization."

Then Baba turned to a boy and said
    "Go to Nandalal Marvadi, tell him   .
    Baba wants a loan of Rs. 5, and bring the money"
    The boy went and returned, saying the Marvadi was absent
    Baba then sent the boy to others on the same errand
    But the result was the same, and no money was forthcoming.

Meantime, the rich man grew impatient,
    Especially as delay would mean extra payment
    To the tongawalla whom he had engaged for the return journey
    also.

He could easily have saved the delay
    By advancing to Baba Rs. 5 out of the Rs. 250
    He had in his pocket, but he would not do so.
    He turned to Baba impatiently and repeated
    "Baba, will You help me to grasp 'Brahman'?
    Said Baba "You see, What I am doing all this while
    Is just for that purpose - to make you see-God.
    Have you not grasped anything?"
    "No, Baba, I have not grasped anything", said he.

Said Baba "I want to get  Rs. 5, that is,
    I want five things surrendered, the five 'pranas',
    The five senses, Mind, Intellect and Ego.
    The road to 'Brahman' is hard to tread
    And it is only when attachment to wealth, honour, position
    Is given up completely, that light will dawn."

Baba thus pointed out that though this man
    Had Rs. 250 in his pocket, ready with him,
    Yet he would not part with just Rs. 5 to help
    A Guru from whom he wanted to get
    The invaluable 'Brahman' as a free gift.

LESSON : "DESERVE BEFORE YOU DESIRE".[Adapted from "The Wonderous Saint Sai Baba by B.V. Narasimha Swamy]

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #158 on: November 08, 2011, 03:05:30 PM »
  • Publish

• Forget the Past and Move on ....

A wise man once sat in the audience & cracked a joke.  All laughed like crazy.

After a moment he cracked the same joke again and a little less people laughed this time.

He cracked the same joke again & again, when there was no laughter in the crowd,  he smiled and said 

"When u can't laugh on the same joke again & again, then why do u keep crying over the same thing over and over again".

'Forget the past & move on'…

"Apologizing does not mean that you are wrong and the other one is right... It simply means that you value the relationship much more than your ego...”
    Quote:

"A few heart-whole, sincere, and energetic men and women can do more in a year than a mob in a century" - Swami Vivekananda

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #159 on: November 18, 2011, 02:50:11 PM »
  • Publish
  • God Saibaba!

Agnaani main janmon se Sayee.... Eswar ko naheen jaan paatha

Tere karuna ki ek jhalak se... Khudaa ko maine pahli baar dekhaa

"Being ignorant since many births, Oh Sai, I haven't known God!

By the flash of your mercy, I see the God for the first time!"

What is the most important thing one could get from Sadguru Sainath? He Himself said that although He is willing to give from His open coffers, most are not inclined to seek it. After every desire is answered and the truce between needs and wants established, Sadguru begins His work on the chosen ones. The most competent Sainath has innumerable ways that he chooses according to the nature of the devotee.

God vision, the realization of the supreme, the purpose to any quest, realization of the self, knowledge of the absolute, these are some of the descriptors of the dormant quest one might have in the spiritual path. The satsang with Sadguru is never passive! It is not a choice!

Is Saibaba a mere Guru or God himself? This is a stale question as any reader of books on Saibaba can say that Baba appears to those in whatever form they chose. Stories abound where Saibaba appeared as Vitthal, Shiva, Dattatreya, Jesus and other forms of divinity. In spite of this, is there a question whether Saibaba is just a siddha purusha, someone who acquired supernatural powers due to saadhana or He the absolute beyond all siddhis? Is He the God? What is God? What are God's attributes? None is able to describe this. Hence, even the question whether Baba is God or not, is not completely legitimate and at the best can only be a relative rhetoric! To make this simple, if one would choose any form of God within one's confine, describe the attributes of such a form, Rama, Shiva, Jesus, Krishna, Vishnu, Allah or Buddha, all those attributes can be found in the perfect master of Shirdi. If God is defined as an object of faith, the faith will reveal God's form.

(Contributed by Sai Vichaar )

Offline shanthakumar

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #160 on: December 03, 2011, 01:37:04 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sai is Love, Love is Sai

Lakhs of years have passed since the human origin this earth, yet we do not know our real Self. The entire creation has divine origin and the creator is SAI. He willed "I am alone, let me be many" and the creation manifested by His will. The present Human population of the world is around 650 crores but the principle of SAI is the same in everyone. There is awareness in our physical body and that awareness is true wisdom. The Vedas term this as "Constant Integrated Awareness", which makes the body, mind and intellect function. All that we find outside is nothing but the reflection, the reaction and resound of our inner feelings. We may think that we are separate from SAI but in fact, SAI and we are not separate.

We are in SAI and SAI is in us. We have all come from SAI.

Some argue that they do not believe in SAI, as He is not visible. How can we say the air does not exist because it is not seen? Our SAI is present everywhere at all times. None can decide that He is here and not there. He is everywhere. He is Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Omniscient.

Only through Love can one have the vision of SAI. Love is the fundamental force. In a heart filled with Love, there is no place for evil qualities like jealousy, lust, anger, hatred and ego. Once we develop Love within, we will never hate anybody. Only through Love and equanimity of mind the vision of SAI can be attained. We think that going to Church/Temple/Mosque or singing devotional songs and performing rituals is sufficient proof of our devotion to the LORD. It is not so, there is only one proof for showing our Love & devotion for SAI - by Loving our fellow human beings. Love is the most powerful force in the whole Universe. It is in fact God, for God is Love and Love is God. It manifests as the energy and is the power of attraction that controls everything from the sub-atomic particles to the planets, stars and galaxies. It is the gel that holds everything together. The world cannot exist without Love; Love is the cement that bonds it together. All are embodiments of Love and God resides as Love in the hearts of all. The one and the only thing that can bind us is Love.

Once Swami Vivekananda asked Shri Ramakrishna Paramahans whether He has seen God, to which Shri Ramakrishna replied, "Yes, I have seen God just as you are seeing me and I am seeing you. "Then how is that I do not see him" asked Vivekananda. Shri Ramakrishna answered "you weep for your family, you suffer for your business and wealth, but do you ever weep for GOD or yearn for a vision for God? Do that and you will certainly see God! All the time I am pining only for the vision of God, hence God is visible to me at all times in every human being".

The Purpose of our birth should be achieved by the sacrifice of everything to SAI. Sacrifice alone ensures immortality. We look for shortcuts in everything, even in spirituality. But surprisingly, spirituality does have a shortcut. There is no need to wander here and there in search of SAI. SAI is residing in our heart. If we turn our vision inward and see through the torch of LOVE we can see Him instantly.

Courtesy-S Krishnaswamy

Jaisairam!                om sai raam

Offline shanthakumar

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #161 on: December 03, 2011, 01:48:22 AM »
  • Publish
  •    baba pls bless all
      many peoples have their own troubles help them to over come

jia sai raaam dwraka maayi

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #162 on: December 06, 2011, 03:30:54 PM »
  • Publish

• THANKS BABA... FOR THIS WONDERFUL MESSAGE AND BLESS ME TO FOLLOW THE SAME...
    Happiness makes one forget one's obligations to oneself as a human being. It drags one into egoism leading to committing of sins. Happiness draws a veil over experiences that make one tough. It also spends out one's stock of merit and arouses baser passions. On the other hand, grief renders man alert and watchful. Misery makes one think and leads to self-improvement. It also endows one with new and valuable experiences, and highlights the value of happiness. Realize that happiness and misery are inseparable and you cannot choose only one. Treat troubles and travails as your friends; at least, do not see them as your enemies! It is best to regard both happiness and misery as gifts of God. That is the easiest path for one's own liberation.
    -BABA

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #163 on: December 15, 2011, 09:37:01 AM »
  • Publish
  • One day a father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor people can be. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family. On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was the trip?" "It was great, Dad." "Did you see how poor people can be?" the father asked. "Oh Yeah" said the son. "So what did you learn from the trip?" asked the father. The son answered, "I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us; they have friends to protect them."

May we learn to live rich!  ;D  ;D  ;D
    Om Sai Ram!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #164 on: January 03, 2012, 11:59:24 AM »
  • Publish

•  Father's letter to his son - applies to daughters too!!

A Wise Father's Letter to His Son.

Very Useful to all of us.....

Beautiful letter written by a father to his son

Following is a letter to his son from a renowned

Hong Kong TV broadcaster/Child Psychologist. The words are actually applicable to all of us, young or old,ࠣhildren or parents.! This applies to daughters too. All parents can use this in their teachings to their children.

Dear son ,

I am writing this to you because of 3 reasons

1. Life, fortune and mishaps are unpredictable; nobody knows how long he lives. Some words are better said early.

2. I am your father, and if I don't tell you these, no one else will.

3. What is written is my own personal bitter experiences that perhaps could save you a lot of unnecessary heartaches.

Remember the following as you go through life:

1. Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one has the responsibility of treating you well, except your mother and I. To those who are good to you, you have to treasure it and be thankful, and ALSO you have to be cautious, because, everyone has a motive for every move. When a person is good to you, it does not mean he really likes you. You have to be careful, don't hastily regard him as a real friend.

2. No one is indispensable, nothing in the world that you must possess.
    Once you understand this idea, it would be easier for you to go through life
    when people around you don't want you anymore, or when you lose what/who you love most.

3.Life is short. When you waste your life today, tomorrow you would find that life is leaving you. The earlier you treasure your life, the better you enjoy life.

4.Love is but a transient feeling, and this feeling would fade with time and with one's mood. If your so called loved one leaves you, be patient, time will wash away your aches and sadness. Don't over exaggerate the beauty and sweetness of love, and don't over exaggerate the sadness of falling out of love.

5.A lot of successful people did not receive a good education, that does not mean that you can be successful by not studying hard! Whatever knowledge you gain is your weapon in life. One can go from rags to riches, but one has to start from some rags!

6.I do not expect you to financially support me when I am old, neither
    would I financially support your whole life. My responsibility as a
    supporter ends when you are grown up. After that, you decide whether you want to travel in a public transport or in your limousine, whether rich or poor.

7.You honor your words, but don't expect others to be so. You can be good to people, but don't expect people to be good to you. If you don't understand this, you would end up with unnecessary troubles.

8. I have bought lotteries for umpteen years, but I never strike any prize.
    That shows if you want to be rich, you have to work hard! There is no free lunch!

9. No matter how much time I have with you, let's treasure the time we have together. We do not know if we would meet again in our next life.

Regards,

Dad

JaiSairam

Facebook Comments