Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Message of the day  (Read 112007 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Message of the day
« on: August 25, 2007, 07:28:57 PM »
  • Publish
  • Sai is Love, Love is Sai

Lakhs of years have passed since the human origin this earth, yet we do not know our real Self. The entire creation has divine origin and the creator is SAI. He willed "I am alone, let me be many" and the creation manifested by His will. The present Human population of the world is around 650 crores but the principle of SAI is the same in everyone. There is awareness in our physical body and that awareness is true wisdom. The Vedas term this as "Constant Integrated Awareness", which makes the body, mind and intellect function. All that we find outside is nothing but the reflection, the reaction and resound of our inner feelings. We may think that we are separate from SAI but in fact, SAI and we are not separate.

We are in SAI and SAI is in us. We have all come from SAI.

Some argue that they do not believe in SAI, as He is not visible. How can we say the air does not exist because it is not seen? Our SAI is present everywhere at all times. None can decide that He is here and not there. He is everywhere. He is Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Omniscient.

Only through Love can one have the vision of SAI. Love is the fundamental force. In a heart filled with Love, there is no place for evil qualities like jealousy, lust, anger, hatred and ego. Once we develop Love within, we will never hate anybody. Only through Love and equanimity of mind the vision of SAI can be attained. We think that going to Church/Temple/Mosque or singing devotional songs and performing rituals is sufficient proof of our devotion to the LORD. It is not so, there is only one proof for showing our Love & devotion for SAI - by Loving our fellow human beings. Love is the most powerful force in the whole Universe. It is in fact God, for God is Love and Love is God. It manifests as the energy and is the power of attraction that controls everything from the sub-atomic particles to the planets, stars and galaxies. It is the gel that holds everything together. The world cannot exist without Love; Love is the cement that bonds it together. All are embodiments of Love and God resides as Love in the hearts of all. The one and the only thing that can bind us is Love.

Once Swami Vivekananda asked Shri Ramakrishna Paramahans whether He has seen God, to which Shri Ramakrishna replied, "Yes, I have seen God just as you are seeing me and I am seeing you. "Then how is that I do not see him" asked Vivekananda. Shri Ramakrishna answered "you weep for your family, you suffer for your business and wealth, but do you ever weep for GOD or yearn for a vision for God? Do that and you will certainly see God! All the time I am pining only for the vision of God, hence God is visible to me at all times in every human being".

The Purpose of our birth should be achieved by the sacrifice of everything to SAI. Sacrifice alone ensures immortality. We look for shortcuts in everything, even in spirituality. But surprisingly, spirituality does have a shortcut. There is no need to wander here and there in search of SAI. SAI is residing in our heart. If we turn our vision inward and see through the torch of LOVE we can see Him instantly.

Courtesy-S Krishnaswamy

Jaisairam!

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Message of the day-It's your divine nature!
    « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 06:20:48 AM »
  • Publish
  • It's your divine nature!

Remember that as a child of God you are endowed with greater strength than you will ever need to overcome all the trials that god may send you.

Often we continue to suffer without making an effort to change, which is why we don't find lasting peace and contentment. If we would persevere, we would certainly be able to conquer all difficulties. We must make the effort that we may go from misery to happiness from despondency to courage. It is necessary first to feel the importance of changing our condition. This attitude stimulates our will to action. Let us resolve that we will always make an effort to improve our Self-knowledge and thus continuously better our existence.

India's spiritual scientists explored the kingdom of the soul. They have given to mankind for its benefit certain universal laws of meditation by which real seekers-those who wish to find a good life by changing themselves-may scientifically control their minds and attain Self-realization.

When you develop your divine nature you become completely detached about the body; you no longer feel identified with it. You look after it, as you would attend to a little child. As you realize your true Self more and more, by meditation, devotion to the Sad-Guru, "sarvasva sharanagati"; you become freed from mental and physical pains. You cast off your lifelong limitations. This is the best way to live out your days on earth.

JaiRam SaiRam!

Courtesy-Saibaba.org
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Message of the day-Living Sadguru
    « Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 08:52:03 AM »
  • Publish
  • Living Sadguru

When faith wavers, the mind goes after a tangible physical experience. It becomes very necessary to long for His presence in our lives, His assurances for our well-being. It is natural. It is important to rely on our patience at such instances. "I shall speak from my tomb", said Sadguru Sainath. There are also certain type of followers who need a grander vision of the Lord. They prefer to see Him in the most physical state. Having lost the patience to realize that Sadguru is the embodiment of the spirit that can be realized anywhere, anytime, they bring upon themselves unnecessary burdens. This is not a good sign of spiritual progress. However, even great realized souls have gone through this stage. But, just like any intense quest is answered, Guru leads such souls to the answer in the most unseemingly way.

Let us see one such experience narrated by Acharya Bharadwaja in his, "Sree Guru Charitha": Once I visited Sri Ma Anandamayi at Naimisharanya during Bhagavat Saptah. At one of the daily expositions of the holy text, the revered speaker Sri Akhandananda Saraswathi remarked that only a living Sadguru could lead his devotee to self-realization and that a Sadguru who had cast off his body, however great he might be, can only fulfill prayers for one's material good. He spoke in Hindi, which I could only understand but cannot speak, and so I could not discuss with him. As Sai Baba was no longer available to me in flesh and blood, I wondered what I should do, but had no chance to get the clarification.

After a few months, I visited Shirdi on a proposed stay of seven days. I wished to obtain Sai Baba's guidance and clarification in this matter. On the second day, I was very strongly impelled to visit my old student who was working in Pune. It was quite unusual, as I never visited anyone of my friends or kinsfolk. I had to yield to the impulse and I reached Pune. My friend was away at the office. So I left my bag in his house and wet out, wishing to spend the time in going round the city until my friend's return. Quite accidentally, I enquired at a wayside florist whether there was any great saint worth visiting in Pune. The shop-keeper directed me to visit Sree Gulavani Maharaj, a direct disciple of Sree Vasudevananda Saraswathi.

As soon as I entered the Muth (monastery), the aged saint greeted me saying, "Oh! The child of Sai Baba has come!". I at once realized that I could get a reliable clarification for my problem from him. He heard my question and said, "What that learned speaker said is true of only those who attained enlightenment through their efforts. But Sai Baba of Shirdi is not such one. He is the Avatar of Lord Dattatreya. He manifests himself to his worthy devotees even today in his physical form and guides them. You are on the right track. Go ahead". At once I realized that Sai Baba had blessed me with the solution to my question.

SaiBaba.org

Jaisairam!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Message of the day
    « Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 04:04:29 AM »
  • Publish
  • Silent Communication

Baba’s typical ways of expressing his upadesa form an important theme, the modes of communication between master and disciple bearing upon the nature and substance of the teaching else.

In the first place, one must distinguish between nonverbal and verbal communication. Silent Upadesa was of utmost importance. It is known that Baba would often remain mute for long periods.

Sometimes he passed days in silence or would simply mumble a few words: as always there was no predetermined rule. It is not an overstatement to say that the silent darsan of Sai represented in and of itself the highest form of teaching: an intense communion based on love, devotion, and surrender to God.

On February 20, 1912, GS Khaparde wrote in his diary: “We attended Kakad arti and the remarkable part of it was that Sayin Saheb left the Chavadi and entered the Masjid without saying a single word except:

God is the greatest of all!

Saibaba’s enigmatic and bizarre personality profoundly affected his devotees, who at the same time loved and feared him.

In nonverbal interaction the teacher’s glances and smiles are what is most values.
    Devotees prayed that Baba might just throw a look at them, so as to be purified and blessed by his sight. Saibaba’s “yogic” glances were apparently powerful.

GS Khaparde wrote: “He looked exceedingly pleased and cast yogic glances at me. I passed the whole day in a sort of ecstasy”.This silent communication between Baba and his devotees operated not only during darsan hours but also while a bhakta would be engaged in padasevana (massaging Baba’s legs and feet) or when Baba would invite people to partake of a smoke from his earthen pipe (chillum).

(Source: The Life and Teachings of Saibaba of Shirdi by Antonio Rigopoulos)

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Message of the day-The Glory of Saibaba lives on!
    « Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 06:43:51 AM »
  • Publish
  • The Glory of Saibaba lives on!

Alas! The fateful day dawned. It was on Tuesday 15 October 1918, the festival of Dasara that Baba gave up his mortal coil. Baba asked His devotees to leave Him alone and in the meantime to have their lunch. The devotees obeyed Baba's order, but a few devotees namely Laxmi Bai, Bhagoji, Bala Shimpi and Nanasaheb Nimonkar stayed back with Baba. At about 2.30 p.m. before the devotees could finish their lunch, they received the heart -breaking news of Baba leaving his body. Devotees from various places rushed to Shirdi. What could they offer to merciful Lord except their tears of love and sorrow? The sorrowful cries of devotees- "Baba! Baba rent the skies. The body of Baba was kept for 72 hours and later as per the wishes of Baba, when he was living in the flesh, he was laid to rest in what is now called the Samadhi Mandir the present temple at Shirdi.

Baba continues to live on in the hearts of every devotee and therefore he is living. Just as He lived his mortal frame at Shirdi, so He remains, now and forever, as the formless, Immanent Force. To this day Baba continues to answer the heartfelt prayers of His devotees and showers His blessings on them. He comes to the rescue of those who earnestly appeal to Him for succor.

Baba met and fulfilled all the needs of His devotees and through his unlimited grace enabled them to tread the spiritual path. Baba used to say," My treasury is full and I can give whatever one needs, but before I give, I must test whether one deserves it or not." Baba used to bring out the defects in a person and correct them in such a way that the devotees themselves were made to realize their shortcomings and improve upon them. It was not that Baba merely insisted upon His devotees to cultivate qualities conductive to spiritual advancement .He emphasized the need for righteous thought and action, which are the first steps of salvation and as such gave paramount importance to purity of thought, word and deed.

Baba never tolerated indolence and carelessness on the part of His devotees. "I am the self seated in the hearts of all beings." As declared by Lord Krishna in the Srimad Bhagawad Geetha, Baba proclaimed that He was present in all beings and every creature on earth was one with him. Besides this, Baba also described that God is more concerned with the purity of mind, charitableness, brotherhood and kindness towards all creatures on earth than all the costly and vain offerings of the world.

Sai Baba's life was distinguished in being exemplary to all of mankind. His attire was simple. He wore a long, flowing gown called "kafni" and covered His forehead and hair with turban. With all these Baba radiated an indescribable glow that was altogether divine and captivating. God incarnates come in to this world with specific objective of "Protecting the innocent, destroying the wicked and re-establishing the righteousness." As soon as their mission is completed, they dispense with their mortal frame and leave this world, attaining "Maha samadhi". With the passing away of Sai Baba, one should not consider it the end of glorious chapter.

Contrarily, the blessed phase has just begun. Baba left behind us a legacy of priceless Possessions- the Illimitable Divine Treasure of His teachings, saturated with the nectar of Love, compassion and Humanness. He left His Divine footprints in the shifting sands of time, footprints that remain deeply embedded even as time passes relentlessly. His wonderful teachings are like precious jewels, set in the golden crown of Eternity, ever shining bright not withstanding the passage of time just as a freshly Diamond shines in all its maiden glory catching the brilliant light of the dazzling sun!

Since the last one and a quarter of a century, many seasons have come and gone, many years have passed by. The days have changed, man has changed, the world has changed, but the wonderful leelas of Sai Baba remain unaltered. The glory of Sai Baba lives on -unchanging, unceasing, and unfading!

(Contributed by Anitha Pandurangi) 

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 07:24:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • Power of Purity

Purity is the Light of our soul expressing its divinity through the body, the vital and the mind. When we are pure, we gain everything. If we can retain our purity, we will never lose anything worth keeping. Today we may have great thoughts or great inner power, but tomorrow we are bound to lose them if we are not pure. Purity is the breath of the Supreme. When purity leaves us, the breath of the Supreme also leaves, and we are left with only our human breath.

Purity is like a divine magnet. It pulls all divine qualities into us. If we have purity, then we have everything. There are two ways to have purity. One is by seeing Baba inside everyone, consciously and constantly. The other is by imagining Baba and consciously repeating His name as many times as possible. If we have purity, we do not have to go to Baba. Baba Himself will make us see His infinite Divinity. What Baba is will be reflected in us.

Purity expedites Baba's hour. Purity embodies Baba's power. Purity is the harbinger of selfless oneness, eternity's perfect, selfless oneness with God.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 07:30:11 PM »
  • Publish
  • Remembrance

A devotee should always, every moment, remember his soul relationship with Baba and feel affinity. The more we will remember, the closer we will feel with Him. This remembrance is like the life force of all other aspects of devotion, so it is of first importance.

Remembrance of any of the names, leelas, virtues, abodes, and the associates of Shirdi Sai can be done singly or collectively. So, while doing the chanting or while listening to a chant or while remembering a chant in our mind we should feel the synonymity of Blissful sweetness of Baba with the name, and, at the same time, think of any leela, or feel and imagine the presence of Baba near us.

Bhakti is the selfless remembrance of Baba. It is accompanied by the feeling of affinity and a desire to increase longing. Such a devotion purifies the heart of the devotee and qualifies it to receive the Grace of Baba. The practical and best way of Baba devotion to increase the longing for the vision of Shirdi Sai is to remember the Divine relationship and to meditate on the form and the leelas of Shirdi Sai Baba affectionately.

Baba devotees who have read Shri Sai Satcharitra experience this all the time when they chant His name and meditate on Him. It brings up nostalgic moments as if we are in Dwarkamai and He, the graceful and handsome Sai, standing on the edge of the Masjid and distributing
    Udi to each and every Bhakta, with a view to his welfare.

He, Who thinks of the world as an illusion and Who is ever engrossed in Supreme Bliss before Him, we humbly prostrate ourselves.

JaiSaiRam!!!!!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 05:39:14 PM »
  • Publish
  • Doubt

It is easier to disbelieve than to believe because disbelief is an act of descent, whereas belief is an act of ascent. It is easier to disbelieve than to believe because disbelief is an act of breaking, and belief is an act of building. Building is more difficult than breaking.

It is easier to disbelieve than to believe because disbelief is an act of our self-centered mind, whereas belief is an act of our self-giving heart.

We disbelieve because we are afraid of oneness, afraid of the vast. We feel that when we enter into the vast, we lose our identity, we lose our individuality, we lose our very existence. But we forget the undeniable truth that when we enter into the vastness, it is nothing short of the enlargement of our divinized consciousness.

When we disbelieve Baba, when we disbelieve the reality, Baba remains the same. But what happens is that ignorance gets the opportunity to envelop us more powerfully and more completely. When we believe in Baba, Baba's compassion gets the utmost opportunity to work in and through us most powerfully.

The deeper we enter into the spiritual life, the more we become aware of the capacity of disbelief and belief. Disbelief is nothing short of destruction. Belief is nothing short of a new creation. Each time we believe in something, we see the face of a new creator within and without us. And when we go one step ahead, when our inner faith looms large, then we see in us a perfected man and a liberated soul.

Jaisairam!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 01:18:56 PM »
  • Publish
  • Self, thy nature is bliss

Sai Baba's famous parables and off guard cryptic remarks are well known. These comments were always impregnated with a message directed towards the individual who is addressed. Once, a devotee wanted to take a photograph of Baba. When Baba was approached regarding this, He said, "No, it is enough if he knocks a wall down". The devotee stood confused. Later, an explanation was given as follows: The photograph is one's likeness of Baba. The wall is "I am the body" idea which is an obstacle that interferes with identifying the spirit.

One straightforward remark of Baba has always been "awaken the self". The nature of self is not easily explained. The pursuit to know the self is as varied as the individuals themselves. However, it is said that one must have an honest yearning and God's grace to know the nature of self.

Now, why should one know the "self"? The most famous Hindu scripture The Geetha says,
    " With the self unattached to external contact, he finds happiness in the Self; with the self engaged in the meditation of BRAHMAN, he attains endless happiness".

Swami Chinmayananda on his commentary on The Geetha explains further, "Why should I deny myself the brilliant flashes of momentary joys in exchange for a steady stone-like, impregnable monotony, call it equilibrium or equaninimity, peace or God-hood? Any sensible seeker entering the halls of spiritual study with his intellect bright and clear should come to doubt its efficacy and utility. Though the process of self development is essentially a process of detachment, this technique of negation does not take us to an empty and purposeless zero, but when we have negated all that is false, we come to experience and live a total positivity. When the dreamer has renounced all his contacts with the dream world and thrown away his dream personality, he does not become a non-entity, but he re-discovers himself to be the more vital, more effective personality, the waker".

Sadguru Sainath's remarks on awakening one's self refers to this state of awakening that is more vital, blissful and permanent. 

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 07:43:05 AM »
  • Publish
  • Uniqueness of Sri Sai Baba and his Teachings

OMKARA is the name of Parabrahma.

OM is the first sound. In this there are three primary syllables.

They are AKARA, UKARA, MAKARA and ARDHA MATRA.

The first syllable ‘Aa’ is at the back of the tongue to neck.

The second sound that emerges is ‘U’.

This arises from the middle of the mouth, while uttering this sound, the lips are not closed.

When we utter the third sound, the lips get merged in order to emanate OM.

After closing lips and uttering ‘M’ continues like the long pull of the bell at the end, tapering to silence.

In fact the sound is present from the beginning of striking the bell,

but we hear it clearly after the striking is stopped.

The last prolonged ‘M’ is called half-syllable i.e. ARDHA MATRA.

In this way OM has got four sounds ‘A’, ‘U’, ‘Ma’ and ‘M’ (half-syllable).

OM is the head of all mantras.

All of us are having 3 bodies. They are 1. stula; 2. sukshma; 3. karana.

When we utter OM, the first sound in the AUM KARA,

‘A’ is the name of the Soul that is present in Stula Sareera.

When we utter ‘U’, this is the name of the soul that is present in Sukshma Serer.

When we utter ‘Ma’, this is the name of the soul that is in Karana Sareera.

And the last ‘M’ (Artha-Matra) is the name of PARAMATMA that is present in all three bodies.

This is called PRATYAGATMA.

While chanting AUM, we must assume the bodies getting merged in the next one.

By repeated chanting of OM and thinking of merging of bodies into ATMA,

we get the supreme idea that everything is illusion except PARAMATMA.

This applies to all Religions. There is no barrier of nationality or religion for AUMKARA.

Om Sairam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 12:33:12 PM »
  • Publish
  • The process of Breath Chant
    by Balkrishna Panday, NOIDA, New Delhi, INDIA. kirti89@aol.com

For the faithless time is as valuable as for the faithful. Needful it is to state in the beginning that the following is the essence of the Truth expressed from times immemorial therefore our friends who have minds closed to FAITH may save their time from the benefits of the following:

OM is the primordial sound pronounced as in AUM, all syllables prolonged to a fair length of breathing time. 'A', the letter's briefest possible sound is the mother of all spoken word and it symbolizes TRUTH (i.e. 'Satta'). ' U' symbolizes the mind-intelligence ('Chitta') 'M' symbolizes the ultimate of happiness (i.e. Ananda). So let us utter the holy sound of AUM.... This is the sound of rotating universe. SAI is the holy name given to a very revered Saint of 19/20th century, the SAI BABA OF SHIRDI who attracted devotees to their own FAITH quite often by supernatural miracles. He possessed supra -natural powers of such dimensions as have ever been known to mankind. His physical remains were laid to rest in 1918. His devotees visit his shrine in very large numbers and are blessed by him via his memorials/temples and direct devotion to him which further sanctifies each one's OWN FAITH. His following is absolutely secular though' widespread amongst Hindus in particular, yet very many people of other religions too. Chanting his name as one's master or 'guru' brings one closer to one's personal recognition of ALMIGHTY along with material and spiritual benefits. The two most important conditions are faith in his name SAI i.e. 'Shradha' and patience i.e. 'Saburi'.

RAM (pronounced Raam) though' Hindu incarnation of God - king in mythological era, the word 's chanting of Raam, Raam , Raam signifies getting in contact with the ultimate source of time, space and energy i.e. Superconsciousness personified beyond all the senses.

Very important to understand that to this humble writer GOD, MY LORD, CHRIST, ALLAH, YHWH (Hebrew) BUDDHA and all the names of remembering HIM are the calls of this soul('Atman') contained in the body to get in touch with the SUPREME ('Paramatman') and to remain with him and ultimately be in HIM. This write-up is intended to share with you a simple practice, which when conducted willfully with as much concentration as one may command, in an atmosphere of humility equal to prostration with folded hands at the feet of one's spiritual master, is bound to bring one closer to happiness, peace and tranquility(i.e. 'Ananda').

OM .....SAI .....RAM to the mind of this writer is a magical combination of representation of symbols which has been practiced and experimented with to prove to oneself as a provider of what you look forward to from your LORD master of all worldly masters. This principle is known in 'Sanskrit' language as a 'Mantra'. For the benefit of devotees from different faiths/religions this writer would suggest , should you so desire, please bring forth from your own scriptures or from the depth of your cultural background, a combination of at the most 3 or 4 or 5 words. The test is that they should rhyme into smooth devotional music when chanted or repeated inwardly or outwardly and the time taken should equal one cycle of breath i.e. breathe in and breathe out. This writer shall be very obliged if such holy combination of words is intimated through e-mail, as is picked up for devotional practice. Just consider if the word SAI can be a prefix or a suffix anywhere within such a formation of words; which is solely dependent on your choice. This writer can simply vouch for the efficacy of the name SAI by virtue of personal knowledge.

INDUCTION
    The intention is to describe a method to practice your spiritual phrase or MANTRA. Before we do this, let us know or revise the eternal truths of life and spirit. This writer has to fall back upon the thought process emanating from personally selected poetic rhymes in SANSKRIT (i.e. 'Shlokas') from an ancient Hindu scripture ' Srimad Bagvatgeeta' known the world over as Geeta in short. I am sure that all the major religions known to the stress-prone modern society have duly stated identical principles in their own scriptures. So please, while you read the following, recall or find the similar cardinal principles from the resource of your own Holy Scriptures. Hereunder the 'Shloka' number has been stated after the Chapter number of The Geeta alongside the first few Sanskrit words for the reader who would like to study the Holy Scripture.

Please take care, the process of understanding and alignment with the SUPREME ( ' SAIRAM' to this writer: you bow your head to the NAME of your reverence ) begins right away.

Statement -I.
    This body is temporary, transitory and it does not represent the whole of myself. 'I' am the soul, the spirit, the consciousness (i.e. 'Atman') within, which is permanent, eternal, has been, is and would remain irrespective of the concept of time. Let us drop this TIME dimension for the present till we wish to shift from Meditation mode to the worldly work mode. Just as a human being discards old garments and wears new ones thereafter, similarly the master of this body i.e. the soul-spirit departs from the existing or old body and dons a new one. The soul cannot be cut with a sword, fire cannot burn it, water can't damage it and air cannot dry this individual unit of the SUPREME. The destructive power of the elements is in vain vis-a-vis the soul-spirit. She (since IT is in perpetual continuum like motherhood) is neither born nor ever dies and having once come to exist can never be referred to as one passed away into the past. ('Na jayate mriyate'.....,Ref: The Geeta Ch.2/20-23)

Statement - II
    The knowledge of relativity of the body to the soul-spirit is the last frontier of knowledge that is eternal; this when realized is the core of all knowledge. When Nobel-prize winning scientists and litterateurs say that beyond their achievements they try to understand the intent of God, they point to the aforesaid frontier of knowledge. For this knowledge to be achieved, imbibe The Commandments of the scriptures for uplifting of our intellect. Effect of this knowledge in terms of worldly performance by the body has to be by way of benefit to the world at large e.g. one's wealth shall remain here when the body is gone. Can we achieve a state of equanimity of mind in conditions of gain/loss? Let us try. ('Adhyatma gyan nityattvam'.....,Ref: The Geeta Ch.13/11)

Statement - III
    So, what does one do? Renounce the world for a jungle and/or become a mendicant. NO. One conducts oneself not with a sense of deep involvement with the results(i.e. good/bad, gain/loss kind of duality) but for the ethics of duty and perfection of the process, while remaining very much a man of the world. Just shed the baser and demeaning elements of WANT and the high profile egoistic sense of ME and MINE. Be a witness and play your role in the world real good; the peace of mind shall be yours. ('Vihaya kamanyah'.....,Ref: The Geeta Ch.2/71)

Statement IV
    It is imperative to share with the noble reader that following is an injunction by Lord Krishna to the warrior king Arjuna in the Geeta. In case so desired , the readers may follow a similar command from their own holy resources. Center your mind in ME, become MY devotee, worship ME inclusive of the attitude that all your work in this world is an offering to ME and thus bow in humility to ME. In this manner dissolve yourself in the SUPREME soul - spirit of all the universe that is known and unknown. Practice this 'YOGA'(the spiritual science of '+', i.e. the summum bonum of all knowledge) and the peace of mind shall be yours. ('Manmana bhav madbhakto'....., Ref: the Geeta Ch.9/34)

Statement V
    PEACE, tranquility, calmness of a placid sea. How do we retain it ? It is a state of mind and it does not rest with outside objects of the world. Remember, whatever we amass, collect and create anew, physical or intellectual is for the general good of the global network of human beings, simply because this body - shop called 'ME' is to down its shutters one fine day. Happiness lies within oneself, it is an inherent quality of one's soul-spirit , and it is purely subjective. Having done our duty, let us visualize or rather experience our soul-spirit, let us aim inward to find our joys within our consciousness. We must realize the light that glows within us to dispel the darkness of ignorance and illuminates a haven of rendezvous, of being blessed by the LORD. There is no other superior destiny of a human being. ('Yo antah sukho'....., Ref: The Geeta Ch.5/24)

PRAYER before the process:
    'Om bhur bhuvah swaha
    tat-savitur varenyam,
    bhargo-devasya dhi mahih,
    dhiyo-yonah prachodayat'

(This is in Sanskrit; English and Hindi translations follow)
    AUM… Oh my LORD, as in the breath of my life, my savior from all ills, omnipresent, happiness incarnate, YOU who is omniscient and the origin and GOD of all universe, with full reverence I see you in my mind's eye as the SUN that dispels sins and illumines our consciousness and intellect. Oh my FATHER ,accept my prayer that my conscience may not go astray from you as also, may the light of your blessings enlighten my deeds. ('Hey praan- swaroop, dukh - harta, sarva - vyapak anand ke denewale Prabho(SAI) jo aap sarvagya or sakal jagat ke utpadak hain, main aapke us pujniyatam paap - nashak swaroop tej ka dhyaan karata hoon, jo hamari budhiyon ko prakashit karata hai. Hey Pujya Pita (SAI), aapse meri budhi kadaapi vimukh na ho aur aap sada meri budhi main prakashit rahein. (Suggested addition by the writer) Mujhe shri - charanon ki sharan mein lain aur shri - charanon ki bhakti pradaan karein. Aisi prarthana hai, aisi prarthana hai, aisi prarthana hai. OM SAI RAM

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 12:34:28 PM »
  • Publish
  • THE PROCESS OF BREATH - CHANT (Part II)
    by Balkrishna Panday, New Delhi, India Email:Kirti89@ aol.com
    THE PROCESS OF BREATH - CHANT

The mind and intellect now form a pure surface of consciousness upon which we conduct the simple process. The process indeed is as simple as it could be, and it keeps getting refined with more and more practice. By now your mind is dedicated to the mantra OM SAI RAM or your own holy rhyme. Please manage to inter - twine your mantra with your breath, one part slowly at a time; the total is in three free-flowing parts, one merging into the next one to catch the rhythm of the breath. The three parts of mantra & breath are as follows.

(1) BREATHE IN a very convenient longer than usual swish of breath. Enjoy the feel of breathing in; please do not miss the soothing feel of it. As you breathe in, the mildest sound itself says in your mind AU…………M. The life - air fills your chest with a purity not realized hitherto.

(2) HOLD effortlessly just good enough to let your mind pronounce SAI, as inadvertently as in a reflex action; and proceed to :-

(3) BREATHE OUT the larger than usual volume of breath normally side by side initiating your mind to pronounce RAAM; feel the companionship of prayer, power and renunciation.
    AU…………………M………..S A I.., R…….A……A…….M;

EXPLANATIONS
    (i) The words are not spoken out as such during the process. However you may like to sing them or chant them for the sake of spiritual pleasure at other times. Herein the whole resounding process is just within. It is very quiet and does not disturb anything outside.
    (ii) Any posture of body is okay and any time of the day or night is okay for the process. Ideally speaking squatting position in the morning with head neck and body held in a line is good. However this writer suggests that any time and all the time is good when you can consciously deploy the mind for the CHANT ('Naam - japa') to intermingle with the breathe - in, hold, breathe - out practice.
    (iii) About the inability to do the practice consistently, there is no cause of worry. As much as you can commence with, is good enough. You are following in the footsteps of the sages when you are attempting to improve the frequency, the consistency of your being a part of the melody of the soul - spirit.
    (iv) You would observe that there would be no obstacle in forming a habit of this practice particularly when you are not applying your mind to any work requiring intricate mental application. The practice can be easily observed while doing a host of ordinary jobs such as bathing, getting ready, driving, waiting for anything.
    (v) Do not forget to put yourself into Breath - Chant ('Naam - japa') mode particularly when you lie down to sleep and when you get - up in the morning. Now, the aim is to let the sub - conscious take over the driving part so that it is like the heart - beat or a train moving on the rails wherein the passenger can move to any compartment for its worldly activity but the basic rhythm continues unobtrusively.
    (vi) Step 2 of the process above viz. HOLD, possibly needs attention because it is integral for the process to habitually control the breath for some moments and still let the breathing process be effortless, easy and smooth like natural. It is at this time that HIS name SAI or as you choose resides in the center of your chest ('Hridaya') or in the center of one's eyebrows if one prefers to meditate that way.

ADAVANTAGES OF THE BREATH - CHANT ('NAAM - JAPA')
    (a) Your physiology consistently improves on account of habitual deep breathing and of course there are a host of contingent health advantages.
    (b) Your stress - proneness would dissipate till you are stress - free, howsoever the world may buffet you around.
    (c) Control on baser aspects of instincts does get exercised. 'Kama'/Lust, 'Krodha'/Anger, 'Moha'/Passion, 'Lobha'/Covetousness, 'Ahankara'/Ego, are like the five horses controlled by one rider, 'Prana' i.e. life itself as represented in the mode of Breath. Now, one may appreciate that as you control the rider, as in the Breath, so are we able to control the horses i.e. the Instincts, all five of them ('Indriya - samooh').
    (d) The personality would be balanced in the face of pleasure - pain, good - bad, gain - loss and such other dualities. Maybe the speech itself becomes more likeable and effective.
    (e) Generally speaking, the living conditions should show an improvement. The world would be a better place to live in.
    (f) How your prayers would be listened to by HIM; you would be in for some real pleasant surprises.

Now tell me what else would one want? Good value for the money, isn’t it? Sai Baba used to ask for two symbolic coins of (' Shradha and 'Saburi' ) DEVOTION AND PATIENCE; offer the two to HIM and experience yourself what all you get.

WHAT IS THE FUTURE ? This process of Breath - Chant ( i.e. 'Praanayama' + "Naam - japa') is the highway to the BLISS station for the soul - spirit. Speed is of one's own making. It is known to the practitioners of spiritual Love that the soul - spirit gets elevated in stages. In case of the blessed ones the attainment may be fast. As one progresses in Meditation, hopefully it becomes like a second nature accompanying you all the time, say, as in 'Sahaj Samadhi'. Deep in the layers of consciousness ('Chetanya') one shall find that SUPREME LIGHT which mortal beings can experience strictly through the medium of their soul - spirit but have no capability to describe. Let us pray for that state of blessedness, Bliss, 'Ananda - amrit'. JAI SAI RAM ! 

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • BABA IS ALL PERVADING 

The recitation of Sai Naam is a powerful tool to offset all obstacles in life. In Shri Sai Satcharitra, Baba has time and again stressed the recitation of Sai Naam Japa in various chapters.

Once a devotee of Baba organized “Laksharchana” and was expecting a large turn out of devotees.
    The number fell short of his expectation and he chided Baba for making his whole affair a mockery.
     He approached his Guru and explained everything that had happened.
    Guru knowing everything enlightened the devotee and said that persons who have good karma in their credit can alone get the opportunity to take part in the Naam Japa or group prayer.

As Baba has said in Sri Sai Satcharita Chapter 25 “Look at the mango tree in blossom. If all the flowers become fruit, what a splendid crop it would. But do they? Most fall off either as flowers or as unripe fruits by wind etc., very few remain”.

Guru continued and said it is really pity many people do not realize what is good for them. They miserably fall off due to samsaric or Maya wind. One must understand this universal fact and utilize such rare spiritual opportunity.

The devotee felt guilty and asked Baba to be pardoned for being childish and foolish. He thought in his mind that who is he to determine the quantum of devotees? All actions in this world are His play. Baba made you an instrument to do a particular job without your consciousness or knowledge.

Baba is in the heart of all and activates us according to our karma. If we honestly offer prayers to Sai Baba, the prayers shall be answered. Baba said, “I always live everywhere” in Satcharita chapter 28. Baba will hear our prayer through His All Pervading ears. Thus someone has rightly said that “everywhere He has ears; everywhere He has eyes, to listen to our prayers and answer them.

By: Rajesh R. Anand
    « Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:01:02 PM by subhasrini »

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Message of the day-SERVICE, SACRIFICE AND SELF-LESS-NESS
    « Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 08:03:26 PM »
  • Publish
  • SERVICE, SACRIFICE AND SELF-LESS-NESS

By service, sacrifice and self-less-ness, one will achieve God-realisation, more easily than by rigidly practising all the ethics of the world, for a thousand years.

Rituals and ceremonies instituted by the priest ridden Religions lead to this but have made the process
    of attainment too rigid and dry and that accounts for the lack of interest felt by the modern educated classes things in general.

Forms and ceremonies, instead of diminishing the Ego, strengthen it.
    The stronger the Ego, the:, ore aggressive it becomes, by consciousness of a- separate Self and it sees not all the phenomena’s forms of .its own self.

The least and easiest way of overcoming the. Ego and attainment of God-realisation is to develop Love and render Self-less-Service to all Humanity in whatever circumstances we may be placed.

The more we live for others and the less we live for ourselves, the more, our lower desires are eliminated and this in turn - will react on the Self, suppressing it and transforming it proportionately and, lead us to God-realisation;' Sri Krishna says in Bhagavata that he will show himself in the heart of a spiritual teacher or preacher, Who serves and helps those who are struggling .to; see the-Light.

Self less-ness is the characteristics of a man in whom the ego has. been killed due, to assertive individualitys and in whom God easily manifests Himself Ego has to be killed by generating individual consciousness-from its; association-'with the 'material' and physical world.

Good -. actions or self-less~deed - or sacrifices help to carry forward, the Self to realise, and identify itself with the' Universe and bring the entire universe within its consciousness and help the Self to pass from the stage of immersion in the pleasures sorrows of Life to the stage of detachment from emotions "which caused those pleasures and sorrows and knowledge of Self Begins when thse emotions end.
    By mere -mental effort one can efface oneself without infringing one's knowledge of Self and then he cannot bring- karma ;and hence Sri Krishna; said to Arjuna that actions should be done without attachment.

Self-interest is at the root of all our difficulties—indiyidual and social and it is not easy to .eliminate Self-interest. -But it can be eliminated with the aid of a perfect saint who is one with the Universal Mind, and' is also present in the mind of every human being and hence can give just the particular help needed to awaken the highest;consciousness latent in every individual and has the power to convey the truth at will.

For Self-interest, springs from a false idea of the true nature of the self and this, idea has to be eradicated and' the truth experienced before the elemnation of Self-interest is possible.

When a man sheds this last make shift Self and steps on to stable Knowledge he Casts-off the Self from him and gets always absorbed in the communion, with the all pervading Reality.

Complete surrender to the Diyine will of such a perfect one and unflinching readiness to carry out the order faithfully achieve a result not possible even by rigidly practicing all the virtues— Yajna, Dana and Tapas.

Good emotions as Bhakthi, affection or zeal help one to acquire God-realisation and will, in turn give rise to good and help to others and sacrifice.

These acts make their imprint on the Inner, mind and generate Divine Sympathy which is forward by the Sell in its onward march towards Self-realisation Without haying done good acts and. sacrifices with no Self-interest or "'selfishness and shown generosity, man can never acquire Divine Sympathy... Service, however, in order ;to achieve the greatest result in the world must be completely surrendered to the Divine Will and must have the human touch and a keen sensed .humour.:;

Hence by concentrating on the 3, S's (Service, Sacrifices and Self less-ness) and centering our interest on them other .mental .states as self-interest, selfishness, "I" and My'" ness yanishes before them and knowledge of Self begins due to the reflex:; actions the-Inner .Mind which opens out and reveal that the material and worldly., pleasures and pain are delusions,,-and ignorance and are due to the individualistic Prakriti or Maya and pave, the way self or God-Realisation- which is the purpose –and goal of life.

Sairam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 05:58:52 AM »
  • Publish
  • Bliss and Contentment

It is not only the food that we should first prepare in the spirit of offering to Baba before we take it, but also everything else we do in life must be an offering, must be a sacrifice, to the Supreme Spirit. In that case we will never reap any bad or any good result out of that, because bad result or good result bind us to this material world.

Whatever we do, just make offering to Baba and let it be, whatever the outcome, because we are not the body anyhow. We are not the action. We are not the doers of anything in this world.

Baba has advised us that, before the senses, mind and intellect enjoy their objects, first He should be remembered, and if this be done, it is in a way by making an offering to Him. The senses etc. can never remain without their objects, but if those objects are first offered to the Guru, the attachment for them will naturally vanish. In this way, all the Vrittis (subtle thoughts) regarding desire, anger, avarice etc. should first be offered and directed to the Guru, and if this practice be followed, the Lord will help you in eradicating all the Vrittis. When before enjoyment of the objects, you think that Baba is present, the question, whether the object is fit to be enjoyed or not, will at once arise. Then the object, that is not fit to be enjoyed, will be shunned and in this way our vicious habits or vices will disappear, and our character will improve. Then love for the Guru will grow and pure knowledge will sprout up. When this knowledge grows, the bondage of body-consciousness (we are the body) will snap and our intellect will be merged in spirit-consciousness (we are the spirit). Then we shall get bliss and contentment.

To put the matter in a nut-shell, we should not enjoy any object with our senses etc., without first remembering our Guru. When the mind is trained in this way, we will be always reminded of Baba and
    our meditation on Baba will grow apace.

The Sagun Form of Baba will ever be before our eyes and then, devotion, non-attachment and salvation will all be ours. When Baba's Form is thus fixed before our mental vision, we forget hunger, thirst and this Sansar (world), the consciousness of worldly pleasures will disappear and our mind shall attain peace and happiness. 

Shri SaiSatcharitra-24

Facebook Comments