Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Saranagati  (Read 8328 times)

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
  • Trust in Me and your prayer shall be answered.
    • Sai Baba
Re: Saranagati
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 09:59:05 AM »
  • Publish
  • Jai Sai Ram.

Devotee surrenders to the Lord. But can Lord surrender to a devotee when devotee surrenders to Lord?

"O Lord, I belong to you. I have surrendered to you. I am yours and you are mine. I know you. I never know anybody except you. I am none. I am helpless. You are my father, you are my mother, you are my wealth, you are my knowledge. Everything you are. I have surrendered to you. I don't know anybody. I know you."

By saying that, if I surrender, then the Lord in return will surrender to you. As Nanda Maharaja surrenders, surrenders. Now Krishna has surrendered to Nanda. As Yashoda surrenders to Krishna, now Krishna surrenders to Yashoda. Yashoda wanted to tie Krishna with a rope. But Krishna is anadi. He has no beginning and no end. How can you tie him with a rope which has beginning and end. And Krishna's body is normal. It is not increasing like Vamana avatara.

Vamana, when he came to Bali Chakravarti, a dwarf. Very beautiful. Charming. And when Bali saw:

"Oh, I am very fortunate. I am very fortunate. I am fully fortunate. And by your arrival to our place all are fortunate and all are happy. Now, what do you want? If you want three worlds I will give you."

He said:

"No. I don't want three worlds. I want only three feet. Three feet. According to my feet, measure three feet. And that three feet you give. One foot, one foot."

"What is this? I am the master of three worlds. You want three feet."

"Yes, we will be happy to receive that."

Then his guru, his spiritual master came: "You fellow. You do not know what is the harm waiting for you. You are doing the harmful action. The moment you give three feet then he will expand his body throughout three worlds. You cannot give him three feet."

And, he said:

"Sir, I have already promised. If I promise I have promised. I am afraid of deceiving the brahmin boy. He asked. I have said already: "Yes, I will give you." Now, how can I withdraw it?"

The Guru said:

"You fellow, you suffer. You suffer."

He went away. Now, Vamana became very, very big. With one foot he took all the earthen phase, all, one foot. Next foot. Oh, that mastered whole ether, all air. Then, where is the other foot? Then he asked Bali:

"You have promised me three feet. Now two you have given. Where shall I put? Because everything I have already taken in these two foot. Their whole empire I have taken. Yes. Where is three feet? Third foot where shall I put?"

He said:

"Please place it on my head."

Then he placed. Now, when he did this, Vamana asked Garuda to tie him with varuna-pasha. So he was tied by the rope. The knowledge emerits, all his servants, ministers they all came and abused Vamana:

"What is this? Our Lord has given you three feet. Promised you three feet. You received. Why should you tie him?"

Then Bali said:

"No, you have no power. You are, you can not."

"Why?"

"For my... because I have surrendered to him. My body I have surrendered. First empire I have surrendered. Now, the body I have surrendered. So, I am not here. Your king is not here. Bali is not here. I am his. So, there is no question of arguing for me. You go."

Then the Lord said:

"Oh, you have surrendered. Though you have given, promised me three feet, I have tied you. Yet, you never revolted against it, decision. And you have accepted. Now, I shall give you, that in return, I will be always at your palace, gate to see me always. I surrender to you. You have surrendered. I surrender."

Now, Sutala loka, Bali is there. The empire is Sutala loka. Now Vishnu stands. Vamana stands at his gate. Daily you will see. And this is called atma-nivedana, surrender. The result of surrender is: the Lord will fully surrender to you. If you surrender to the Lord, Lord will be yours. You can control the Lord. You ask Lord to do this, he will do that. "Lord, don't do this". He will not do.

Jai Sai Ram.
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear."

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
    • Trust in Me and your prayer shall be answered.
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 08:00:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • JAI SAI KRISHNA !

In the great epic Mahabharatha, the vicious Kauravas in one of their numerous way in conniving to humiliate the Pandavas, sort to outrage the modesty of Draupadi. It was Dushasana who resorted to carry out the humiliation.

The Pandavas were unable to intervene in their wife's cause as they had lost her out to the Kauravas in the game of dice. The helpless Draupadi turned to Krishna, the Almighty for his support. She wailed loudly crying out to Krishna holding on to her sari. But there was no Sign of Krishna's Grace.

The desperate Draupadi let go her sari and threw her arms up in the air invoking Krishna's mercy at that crucial juncture. At once Krishna's Grace showered on her with an endless stream of saris that kept increasing to tire Dushasana who gave up the heartless mission. Thus it was Draupadi's surrender to the Lord that saved her. This incident highlights the significance of total surrender without reserve, submitting oneself to the Lord without the intervention of individual choices.
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear."

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
    • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #32 on: March 22, 2009, 12:09:14 PM »
  • Publish
  • Saranagati:  :-

Saranagati or Prapatti (Sanskrit for "surrender"), in the devotional school of Hindu denominations known as Vaishnavism, is the process of total surrender to God (Vishnu or Krishna).

Saranagati is divided into six divisions:

Accepting those things that are favorable for devotion to God (anukulyasya sankalpa)
    Rejecting those things that are averse to surrender to God (pratikulyasya varjanam)
    Considering God to be one's protector in all circumstances (raksisyatiti visvasa)
    Accepting God as one's maintainer (goptrtve varanam)
    Surrendering everything in God's service (atma-niksepa)
    Cultivating a humble attitude (karpanya)

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Facebook Comments