Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Sister Shivani on emotional diet and its relation to emotional fitness  (Read 6197 times)

Offline Ajay0

• Blessings 0
  • Interested in spirituality, philosophy, psychology

In this news article on stress management, Sister Shivani of the Prajapita Brahmakumaris remarks on the correlation between emotional fitness and emotional diet, and and the need to regulate our emotional diet for better stress management.

https://indiaeducationdiary.in/20-minutes-of-healthy-emotional-diet-can-help-deal-with-stress-better-suggests-bk-shivani-at-assochams-illness-to-wellness-series/

Elaborating on the definition of emotional fitness, Brahma Kumari (BK) Sister Shivani said, “To be emotionally fit, one needs to be emotionally independent. This means, if there is a crisis outside, can you be calm inside. Somebody can be rude or angry to you, be shouting at you, can you still be stable and respond with dignity. This is called emotional fitness, where you are not affected by the energy of the situations and people and have the strength to choose your response.”

She further explained how emotional fitness can be effectively practiced in our day to day lives by making a few conscious decisions focusing on filtration of content being consumed, designing a healthy emotional diet and practicing lifestyle discipline.

“For establishing emotional health, we need to look at emotional diet. Emotional diet consists of what you watch, what you listen and what you read. This makes up our emotional health. Our thoughts are created based on information. First step to take care of your mind is lifestyle discipline. Take a lot of care of the content you consume. Calibrate how much, how long and the quality of the content you want to consume from social media, digital platforms, television, movies, serials and songs. If the content has too much of stress, violence, anger, criticism, ridicule and others, then that is what you will slowly become.”

She then went on to highlight the importance of practicing daily positive mental affirmations to help us get through a time of uncertainty. “We have created low vibration thoughts for our jobs and business and that has started manifesting. We can change that by choosing high vibration thoughts through affirmations like ‘I am a powerful being, I am a peaceful being, I am a fearless being, My body is perfect and healthy and will always be, I am protected by divine energy circle and so is my family, same circle exists for my workplace, success is certain for me, abundance is my reality, 2020 is a year of miracle for my organization and a circle of protection for the planet’. Create affirmations of what you want to see and make it a reality. Practicing just 20 minutes of healthy emotional diet can do wonders.”

BK Sister Shivani also shared a few tips on practicing healthy emotional lifestyle like disconnecting from work related activities 2 hours before bed, signing out of social media platforms 1 hour before bed, denoting 10 minutes to journaling before bed so as not take negative thoughts and grudges to sleep and practicing affirmations right before sleep so that the positive high thought vibrations are carried through the sleep time.

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta Maharaj

In every moment you have only one real choice : to be self-aware or to identify with the mind and body. - Annamalai Swami

Body-consciousness is the source of all misery. - Ramana Maharshi

Facebook Comments