Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Spiritual Blossoms  (Read 62219 times)

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
  • Trust in Me and your prayer shall be answered.
    • Sai Baba
Spiritual Blossoms
« on: August 07, 2006, 11:48:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • GETTING RID OF MAYA
    Maya has the capacity to ruin our life. If we understand the nature of Maya well, it will go away from us in one
    moment. If we give a high place to it without understanding, then it will get the upper hand and will begin to dance
    on our heads.
    In one village, a marriage was to take place. The party of the bridegroom came to the village and was staying in
    a house. The party of the bride was staying in another house. In between these two parties, there was one individual
    who wanted all kinds of comforts and was demanding them from both the parties. This individual used to go to the
    bridegroom's place and tell them that they were always coming late and causing a lot of problems to the bride's party.
    People belonging to the bridegroom's party thought that he was some respected elder from the side of the bride.
    Similarly he went to the bride's house and told them that they were not respecting the bridegroom and members of
    his party and were not giving them all the respect that was due to them.
    This individual was enacting a drama. He was going to the bridegroom's party and was behaving as if he was a
    respected elder from the bride's side; and he was going to the bride's people and behaving as if he was a respected
    elder from the bridegroom's side. When this drama went too far, the two parties started investigating and found that
    he belonged to neither side.
    Once you make an inquiry and find out the origin of Maya, it will disappear; even as the individual in our story
    disappeared.
    -BABA
    « Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 03:49:25 PM by OmSaiRamNowOn »
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear."

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Spiritual Blossoms
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 11:55:30 AM »
  • Publish
  • THE JOURNEY OF THE SOUL TOWARDS GOD

Life is a pilgrimage to the realm of the Divine. The individual soul, in its march, enters into the stage called purification (or
    purgation) when it is attacked by paroxysms of worldly desires. The
    duty of sages and saints is to liberate the soul from such inhibitions and from the tentacles which entwine it. After suffering for a long period, the soul reaches the region of enlightenment and tries to be close to God. After this stage is past, it finally unites with Godhead.

The saint prays to the Lord that he should be made an instrument in
    executing the Divine will and that he should always be in the holy
    company of His devotees. According to him, God is "Truth
    personified" and he who surrenders to this "Truth" will be
    entitled to Eternity.

Sincere feeling of love, lifting one's hands before God is utter
    devotion with tears symbolizing the washing away of the accumulated
    sins of the past and submission without any reservation will enable one to realize God easily. A devotee should feel the presence of God
    always, everywhere and in everything. Then evil ideas will totally
    disappear.

-SAIDARBAR
    « Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 11:56:12 AM by OmSaiRamNowOn »
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear."

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:38:27 PM »
  • Publish
  • I FIRMLY BELIEVE...
    I firmly believe there is none kinder than You,
    to shower Grace on me.
    Tell me, is this not the reason why
    I am at Your Lotus Feet?

I firmly believe You will respond quick
    when I do pray and plead.
    Tell me, is this the reason why
    I am crying aloud for You?

I firmly believe You are ever beside me
    to guide my steps aright.
    Tell me, is this not the reason why
    I am Yours thro' day and night.

I firmly believe You can never say 'No'
    Whatever I ask from You.
    Tell me, is this the reason why
    I long for a glance from You?

What have You designed for me this time?
    Why this dire delay to offer boons?

However long You make me wait and wail
    I will not leave, I'll be standing still
    Until Your loving eyes do turn on me.

-BABA
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 02:58:55 PM »
  • Publish
  • It should be realised that there is room in the heart for only a single person. It is not to be regarded as a double sofa or a musical chair. God alone should be installed in the heart. It is because people change their loyalties from moment to moment that their devotion is diluted and their aspirations remain unfulfilled. With a pure heart and one-pointed devotion, anything can be achieved. - BABA
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 09:53:50 AM »
  • Publish
  • Though all incarnations are Divine, Krishna avatara was special in this sense that He spent all his time smiling and smiling, full of love...This is the main quality of God. God has no trace of ego or pride or jealousy whatsoever. Love has no reason. Love is the basis for love. Only through this love, we can attain God. Any other spiritual pursuits give us the temporary joy and not the permanent bliss. Only through the principle of love and its practice, we can recognize and realize the embodiment of love. Where is this love? This love is within us, but we divert this love in different ways. We have a variety of sweets, but the same sugar is present in all of them. Similarly, the Divine love is inherent and immanent in everybody. There is no human heart in which there is no love. So, we should visualize the love which is in everybody. To teach this path of love, Krishna incarnated.

-BABA's Divine Discourse, August 14, 1998.
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 09:10:43 AM »
  • Publish
  • Lead your lives with compassion, kindness and love. Suffuse your life with love. Love is nectarine. It has unmatched sweetness. Therefore use always polite words. Even if you come across an enemy, offer your salutations to him. Do not turn your back upon even your enemy. Be friendly with everybody.... God has given you a soft tongue. You should not speak harsh words with your tongue. The soft tongue should always speak soft and sweet words.
    -BABA
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 10:52:22 AM »
  • Publish
  • JAI SAI RAM!!!

Once you've given your burdens to Me, quit trying to take them back. Trust in Me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs, your problems and your trials. Problems with the kids? Put them on My list. Problem with finances? Put it on My list. Problems with your emotional roller coaster? For My sake, put it on My list. I want to help you. All you have to do is ask.

OM SAI RAM!!!
    अपना साँई प्यारा साँई सबसे न्यारा अपना साँई - रमेश रमनानी

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 02:02:04 PM »
  • Publish
  • Do not judge others as good or bad. Do not search for the evil in others, for the evil will enter you. God tolerates the good and the bad. His grace falls equally on both. Place a surgical instrument that was used to save life and an axe that was used to cut down living trees, side by side – a magnet will attract both equally. Be equal minded and tolerant. Love all with equal fortitude.
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 11:18:48 AM »
  • Publish
  • Speech is the cause of prosperity Speech is the cause of friendship Speech is the cause of bondage And speech may even cause death.

Strengthen love, saturate your lives with love and live in that Divine Love.

-BABA
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 11:08:25 AM »
  • Publish
  • Life and Death: Do Good Naturally, Not Out of Duty
    By Swami Chinmayanada

As a teenager I always carried some cotton, antiseptic and a bandage in my pocket. After all, someone could get hurt. One day, I was in a bus. A fellow passenger got hurt. Here was my chance to become a hero, I thought excitedly. Out came my kit. I applied some antiseptic on her bruise and bandaged it.

Another passenger looked at me and said: "Do you know, you have caused this bruise - indirectly." I was taken aback. He continued: "You waited for someone to fall and get hurt so that you could use your medical kit." My take on nishkaama karma, selfless action, had failed.

Krishna says that the path of selfless service can lead you to the ultimate Truth. But even the slightest motive spoils the selfless act. Ma Sarada, the Holy Mother, was a personification of nishkaama karma. Her spiritualism was in her motherliness. She was constantly engaged in motives-free service. And we all have this Universal Mother hidden within.

Take parenting. Today, it's a duty. Parents earn money; they buy gifts and other things for children. But that's not what parenting is all about. Remember, a child can live without materialistic things but not without love.

When love is absent in a parent-child relationship, children tend to become aggressive. They demand things; they want their desires to be fulfilled. A parent who fulfils all the desires of his child is called a good parent, one who is dutiful. No one is giving love, no one is getting love. It is a loveless state.

Indian philosophers have said a lot about duty. Many of them were not fathers or mothers in the biological sense but they had inner compassion, which got reflected in their behaviour. All who came in contact with them could feel their tenderness, their love and compassion.

This is why Ma Sarada, Ramakrishna's spouse, was mother to thousands without being a biological mother. The motherliness is there in all of us. It gets manifested when you begin loving people as your very own. Love God, love the God in all, and love your children and other near ones as if they were images of God. As a karmayogi, you will not expect anything in return - you will find that you are enveloped by love and this will enable you to do your duty well.

However, Swami Vivekananda said that those who want to be karmayogis must get rid of the idea of "duty". Whatever you have to give to the world, give by all means, but not as a duty. Duty becomes compulsion. Everything that you do under compulsion goes to build up attachment. The only true duty is to be unattached and to work as free beings, to give up all work unto God. All our duties are His.

Bring up a child not out of a sense of duty, for doing so would amount to compulsion. Do so out of pure, unselfish love. Parents are out the whole day, working for their livelihood - all for the sake of the family, because it is their duty to do so. But where does one draw the line between need and greed?

During my visits to several homes, I have seen parents and children together, exchanging hardly a word. At the most they say: "Pass the plate, pass the vegetable, yes, okay, bye..."

With this kind of indifference and self-absorption, how can parents and children love and respect one another? That's why it is important to bring up the compassion latent in our hearts - not just for family, but for all. Let love blossom.
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 09:44:45 AM »
  • Publish
  • One can see one's own reflection in the mirror only when a particular chemical is coated on the other side. Likewise, coat the chemical of love on your heart in order to have the vision of God. Fill your heart with love. Then there will be no place for evil qualities like jealousy, anger and hatred. Just as wax melts when it comes in contact with heat, the heart melts when the rays of love fall on it. - BABA
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 09:59:17 AM »
  • Publish
  • Spiritual Garden

First plant 5 rows of Peas:
    Preparedness, Promptness, Perseverance, Politeness, Prayer

Next to them plant three rows of Squash:
    Squash gossip, Squash criticism, Squash indifference

Then put in 5 rows of Lettuce:
    Let us be faithful Let us be unselfish, Let us be loyal, Let us love one another, Let us be truthful.

Next to them  plant Turnips.
    Turn up for prayer, Turn up with a smile, Turn up with a new idea, Turn up with real determination.
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 03:25:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • One day I decided to quit... quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality... I wanted to quit my life.
    I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.
    God, I said. Can you give me one good reason not to quit?
    His answer surprised me...
    Look around, He said. Do you see the fern and the bamboo?
    Yes, I replied.
    When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water.
    The fern quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the
    floor. Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed.
    But I did not quit on the bamboo. In the second year the Fern grew
    more vibrant and plentiful.
    And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on
    the bamboo He said.
    In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But I
    would not quit.
    In year four, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed.  I would
    not quit. He said.
    Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth.  Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and       insignificant...But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over
    100 feet tall.
    It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong
    and gave it what it needed to survive.
    I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle.
    He said to me. Did you know, my child, that all this time you have
    been struggling, you have actually been growing roots  I would not
    quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you.
    Dont compare yourself to others He said. The bamboo had a different
    purpose than the fern. Yet they both make the forest beautiful.
    Your time will come, God said to me. You will rise high
    How high should I rise?, I asked.
    How high will the bamboo rise?, He asked in return.
    As high as it can, I answered
    Yes. He said, Give me glory by rising as high as you can.
    I left the forest and bring back this story.
    I hope these words can help you see that God will never give up on you. Never Give up - just keep the faith!!!!!

Author unknown
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 11:09:16 AM »
  • Publish
  • Keep the faith in the Lord undiminished; you can then safely move about in the world. No harm can come to you! Be like the village women with pots over their heads, one over the other, keeping balance even while talking and walking along the winding lane. They do not forget or ignore the burden or the goal. They are vigilant, conscious of the hardships on the way, the stones and the pits; it is the inner concentration that pays dividends.
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 07:00:53 AM »
  • Publish
  • Life is a game of football. You are the ball and you are bound to be thrown and kicked around this side and that. How long have you to bear this treatment? Until the ball is filled with air. Deflate it, and no one will kick it again. The air that inflates it is the ego. Bliss sets in when we get rid of the ego.
    ----------------------------------

As long as a person is egoistic, no one will love him including his spouse and children,
    though they may pretend to do so.
    - Baba
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Facebook Comments