Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Spiritual Blossoms  (Read 62212 times)

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
    • Sai Baba
Re: Spiritual Blossoms
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2007, 09:52:52 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

The form and appearance of God manifestation are determined by the mind of the devotee but it is not the finality, there is a sense of duality - Bhagwan Ramana Maharishi.

Paramatma is an ocean and Jeevatma a bubble in that ocean.

Properties of a bubble and ocean are one and same except that one is finite the other infinite. -  Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.

A drop in an ocean is not separate from the ocean.

It is a bubble over the drop that gives it an appearance of separateness, but when the bubble bursts the drop is not, and the indivisible ocean is.

When the bubble of ignorance bursts the self realizes its oneness with the indivisible Self - Meher Baba.

The only Real Existence is that of the One and only God; who is the Self in every (finite) self - Meher Baba.

Meditate always on my formless nature, which is knowledge incarnate, consciousness and bliss.

If you cannot do this, meditate on My Form from top to toe as you see here night and day.

As you go on doing this, your Vrittis will concentrate on one point and the distinction between the Dhyata (meditator), Dhyana (act of meditation), Dhyeya (this meditated upon) will be lost and the meditator will be one with the Consciousness and be merged in the Brahman.  - Sri Sai Samarth to Hemadpanth.

Source : Sai brother Saidasan ji's mail to me

Jai Sai Ram

OM SAI NAMO NAMAHA SRI SAI NAMO NAMAHA
    JAI JAI SAI NAMO NAMAHA SADGURU SAI NAMO NAMAHA

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #121 on: June 09, 2007, 09:57:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

God is infinite intelligence.

Infinite intelligence is a phenomenon and not a body that has size and shape.

It's much like 'The Truth' that cannot be visually described.

This Infinite Intelligence or Paramatma or Spirit or Eternal Brahman is not bound by the World which is a Time and Space concept.

In Srimad Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna says "you need special eyes to see my Vishwaroopa".

With a naked eye we can attempt to perceive infinity from his creation, we can look unto the sky, stars, mountains and oceans but they are only a finite view of Infinity which runs the show Creation, preservation and destruction.

Source : Brother Saidasan ji's mail

Jai Sai Ram
    OM SAI NAMO NAMAHA SRI SAI NAMO NAMAHA
    JAI JAI SAI NAMO NAMAHA SADGURU SAI NAMO NAMAHA

kavita

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
    • Trust in Me and your prayer shall be answered.
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #122 on: September 24, 2007, 01:15:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • Jai Sai Ram. Hare Krsna!

In the Bhagavad-gita (18.65) we find this verse:

man-mana bhava mad-bhakto mad-yaji mam namaskuru
    mam evaisyasi satyam te pratijane priyo ‘si me

“Absorb your mind and heart in Me, become My devotee, worship Me, offer your obeisances to Me, and certainly you will come to Me. I make this promise to you because you are
    very dear to Me.“

This is the best of all verses in the Bhagavad-gita It is even
    better than the verse after it (18.66), in which Krishna’s says,
    sarva dharman parityajya:

“Give up all forms of religiosity and come exclusively to My shelter. I will free you from all sinful
    reactions. Do not fear.“
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear."

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #123 on: September 27, 2007, 09:43:54 AM »
  • Publish
  • Jai Sai Ram. hare Krsna.

Śrīmad Bhāgavatam 11.11.29-32
    The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: O Uddhava, a saintly person is merciful and never injures others. Even if others are aggressive he is tolerant and forgiving toward all living entities. His strength and meaning in life come from the truth itself, he is free from all envy and jealousy, and his mind is equal in material happiness and distress. Thus, he dedicates his time to work for the welfare of all others. His intelligence is never bewildered by material desires, and he has controlled his senses. His behavior is always pleasing, never harsh and always exemplary, and he is free from possessiveness. He never endeavors in ordinary, worldly activities, and he strictly controls his eating. He therefore always remains peaceful and steady. A saintly person is thoughtful and accepts Me as his only shelter. Such a person is very cautious in the execution of his duties and is never subject to superficial transformations, because he is steady and noble, even in a distressing situation. He has conquered over the six material qualities — namely hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, old age and death. He is free from all desire for prestige and offers honor to others. He is expert in reviving the Kṛṣṇa consciousness of others and therefore never cheats anyone. Rather, he is a well-wishing friend to all, being most merciful. Such a saintly person must be considered the most learned of men. He perfectly understands that the ordinary religious duties prescribed by Me in various Vedic scriptures possess favorable qualities that purify the performer, and he knows that neglect of such duties constitutes a discrepancy in one's life. Having taken complete shelter at My lotus feet, however, a saintly person ultimately renounces such ordinary religious duties and worships Me alone. He is thus considered to be the best among all living entities.
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear."

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #124 on: January 27, 2008, 01:09:19 AM »
  • Publish
  • The gate was opened to me ... in one quarter of an hour I saw and knew more than if I had been many years together at a University ... I saw it as in a great deep in the internal; for I had a thorough view of the Universe, as a complex moving fullness wherein all things are couched and wrapped up.     (Jacob Boehme, Mystic)

Our true nature is not limited ... it is like the vast ocean. ... When we touch Supreme Consciousness through meditation, then we are boundless, we are everywhere, we are eternal.  (Amma Karunamayi) 

God-consciousness is 10 million times more blissful than sexual experience.
     (Sage Ramakrishna Paramahamsa)

To the enlightened one, the world as he knew it ceases to be, and everything now stands enmantled (shrouded) by a shining vesture of divine effulgence, hitherto invisible to his normal vision.(Swami Chidananda, Light Fountain Divine Life Society) 

If I were to spend years and years imagining how to invent anything so beautiful, I could not do it, and I do not even know how I should try, for, even in its whiteness and radiance alone, it exceeds all that we can imagine.     (Saint Teresa of Avila)

Everything that occurred to me while I was in this state of consciousness was vastly beyond anything that I had ever experienced and yet at the same time it was familiar - as if I had always known of its existence. Even now when I try to describe something so beautiful I am mute with awe. There are no words in any language to describe such grandeur.
        (Anonymous, Unbounded Light) 

Not every heart is capable of finding the secret of God's love.

There are not pearls in every sea; there is not gold in every mine.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #125 on: January 27, 2008, 02:23:06 AM »
  • Publish
  • Diverse Expressions of One Great Truth

When rain pours down from the sky, its pure water falls on the earth, mountains, rivers, and the sea. but the pure rain water acquires the colour and taste of the region or spot where it falls. Likewise, prophets and messiahs, coming down in different parts of the world at different times, imparted their message in terms appropriate to the time, the place and the conditions of the people concerned. Religions cannot be considered different from each other for this reason. All religions have taught only what is good for humanity. Religion should be practised with this awareness. If the minds are pure, how can religion be bad?

Truth is one. It is beyond mind and speech. It transcends the categories of time and space. Innumerable seekers have pursued different paths to recognise this Truth. There are notable differences among the seekers of Truth. These differences do not affect the nature of the universe. On the contrary, these differences must be viewed as different stages in the understanding of the Cosmic process. It is the existence of these differences that has prompted the continuous search for a unifying principle

All faiths are inter-related and mutually indebted to each other for the principles they teach and the disciplines they recommend. The Vedic Religion was the first in time; Buddhism which appeared about 2800 years ago, was its son; Christianity, which was influenced much by the Orient was its grand-son. And Islam, which has the Prophets of Christianity as its base was like the great-grandson. All have Love as the Fundamental Discipline of the Mind, in order to chasten it and merge man with the Divine.

The followers of every religion, in their own way and style, call upon the one God who is omnipresent. It is the same God who confers upon all mankind health, prosperity, peace, and happiness. No religion has a separate God showering grace upon those who profess to abide by that faith alone. God is one, whatever the name or form in which he is worshipped. God blesses a devotee according to the depth of his devotion, without regard to the name or form used for worship. It is not mentioned anywhere that the Grace of God is available only for certain classes or races or grades of people. From the smallest to the biggest all are entitled to it. The Lord is everywhere, everything. 

The Great Teachers belong to mankind. It is wrong to believe that Jesus belongs only to the Christians and that Christmas is a Holy Festival for the West only. To accept One of them as one's own and discard the rest as belonging to others, is a sign of pettiness. Christ, Rama, Krishna, - they are for all men everywhere

Let the different faiths exist. Let them flourish and let the glory of God be sung in all the languages of the world and in a variety of tunes. Respect the differences between the faiths and recognise them as valid as long as they do not extinguish the flame of unity. 

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #126 on: February 16, 2008, 04:23:07 AM »
  • Publish
  • Becoming Free
    A Reminder of the Principles of Life

1: Life does not work through indecision. Indecision promotes blocks, confusion and stress. Make a decision and allow life to find movement through you. Trust yourself.

2: The 3 C's of life are Courage, Capacity and Commitment. It takes Courage and a commitment to make many of life's decisions, and capacity to follow them through. The 3 C's of a successful relationship are Caring, Consideration and Communication. Communication opens the door between us, consideration allows us to pass through it and our ability to care for each other unites us.

3: Truth is not truth out of timing- yet it remains truth. We are the timing to recognize truth.

4: The mind recoils from the unknown, so we seek to make everything known, and, thus sage. Imagination is the key to the unknown- positive, uplifting imagination.

5: For as long as we search for Our God Self, we deny that we are it. Loving your self reveals your truth.

6: Becoming free is not changing yourself into someone you think you should be. Becoming free is falling in love with who you are- right now.

7: Imagine a room of pitch dark and a room of bright light connected by a door. When you open the door what happens? Light floods into the dark room, illuminating it. Live accordingly, think thoughts of light.

8: F.E.A.R- False Evidence Appearing Real

9: Anything of the past that is unresolved is unresolved now. Living NOW resolves the past.

10: Life flows from the inside out, never the reverse. Understand this and you cease to be a victim.

11: Love responds- fear reacts. Love connects- fear separates. Love uplifts- fear deflates. Love creates- fear destroys.

12: There is no such thing as a mistake- only experience. There is no such thing as failure- only people's condemnation. There is no such thing as success- only people's approval. Let life live through you.

13: Do not get caught up in modifying your life, allow life to change YOU. Modification is a superficial exterior veneer, change is an inner shift in consciousness.

14: Pain is a measure of your resistance to change.

15: Decide whether you want to be an onlooker of life or a participant. This is the birthplace of choice.

16: You hear with your ears- but you listen with your mind. You look with your eyes- but you see from the heart.

17: Consciousness is not contained in your body- you are the consciousness that contains the body. Consciousness draws to itself form through which to express

18: Your mind cannot exist in the moment. You cannot think your way into the moment, you can only think your way out of it. This indicates that your mind/intellect cannot set you free. Only your consciousness is aware of NOW. True freedom is a state of consciousness.

19: We each live in our own universe, a universe of our making. It is designed to support our beliefs and our focus. Our thoughts are our focus, so observe your thoughts, focus on your blessings, and trust. This is how you become a participant.

20: Practise seeing all life around you as an aspect of yourself. In this way you shatter the illusion of separation.

21: Your mind does now know the difference between what you do want or what you don't want, it only knows what you focus on. Many people focus on what they don't have, what they are incapable of doing and their sicknesses.

22: If you focus on what you do have, it increases. If you focus on what you don't have, you will have even less. If you focus on your capabilities, they grow, if you focus on your health, it improves.

23: Your mind does not know the difference between a powerfully imagined reality and a physical happening reality. Why? Because there is no difference.

24: You only have a problem if you believe you have a problem.

25: Live these principles and you will be practising reality. Practise reality until you overcome the illusion. It is only an illusion that you are not free, now!

------Baba Farid

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #127 on: February 29, 2008, 01:48:57 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hare Krsna !!

"Unless we cooperate with the Supreme Lord, our life is baffled. A screw which has fallen from a machine has no value. But when the same screw is again attached to the machine, it has value. We are part and parcel of God. Without God, what is our value? No value! We should again come back to our position of attachment to God. Then we have value."

Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #128 on: March 01, 2008, 01:46:27 AM »
  • Publish
  • जय सांई राम।।।

गीता सार

कर कर्म अभागा मत बन तू.... स्वयं भाग्य विधाता अपना बन तू ॥
    निष्काम कर्म तू करता जा.... सत्या अहिंसा के मार्ग चड़ता जा ॥
    तत्व ज्ञान तुम्हे मैं देता हूँ.... तेरा मोह भंग कर देता हूँ ॥
    अर्जुन तू चिंता त्याग ज़रा। मैं स्वयं देख तेरे पास खड़ा ॥
    तुम्हे गीता ज्ञान सुनाता हूँ.... भक्त अपना तुझे बनता हूँ ॥
    ब्रह्मा , श्रत्रिय , वैश्य क्षुद्र .... सब कर्मो से बन जाते हैं ॥
    इन्ही वर्णौ से कोई कोई .... सन्यासी , कर्म योग अपनाते हैं ॥
    अर्जुन ! कर्म टू सब कोई करता.... तुम्हे '' सुकर्म '' ज्ञान बताता हूँ ॥
    घबरा मत अर्जुन तू भक्त मेरा .... भय भ्रम करूंगा दूर तेरा ॥
    जो मेरे भक्त बन जाते हैं ....प्रिय भक्त सखा बन जाते हैं ॥

सत्य , रज, तम तेरे बन्धन हैं....गुण अवगुण सभी समाये हैं ॥
    काम ,क्रोध ,लोभ,अंहकार, मोह ....पाँच चोर यही फसाये हैं ॥
    अग्नि ,जल ,पृथ्वी की बात क्या ....तुझे विराट रूप दिखाता हूँ ॥
    मैं स्वयं ही पैदा करता हूँ ....मैं स्वयं सभी को खाता हूँ ॥
    तू अर्जुन किसी को क्या मारे .... सब पहले कर्मो के मारे हैं ॥
    मेरा परम भक्त तू है अर्जुन .... सब भेद तुम्हे समझा ही दिया ॥
    अब मर्जी तेरी है , धनंजय .... विराट रूप तुमने देखा है॥
    तन मानव का जो है पाया .... शुभ कर्मो का लेखा जोखा है॥
    भय्क्रांत से अर्जुन मूक हुए .... कुछ बोलन मुँह से निकल रहे॥
    हे कृष्णा .... तुम्ही टू सब कुछ हो मेरे अहम भ्रम सब निकल गए॥
    प्रभु तेरी शरण मी आन खड़ा .... जो कहो वही मैं कर पाऊँ॥
    इस युद्ध में धर्म की जीत करो .... मैं भक्त तेरा भी तर जाऊं॥
    बस अर्जुन जो मैं चाहता था .... तुम्हे गीता ज्ञान सिखाना था॥
    सत्य धर्म की जीत करनी थी .... सत्य , अहिंसा का मार्ग दिखाना था॥
    मेरा स्मरण कभी भी कर के देखो .... मैं झट प्रगत हो जाता हूँ॥
    सत्य धर्म की रक्षा के खातिर .... युग युग अवतार ले आता हूँ॥
    वेदों का सार यह ''गीता'' है .... सब ग्रंथो का सार यह वेद ही है॥
    वो' ही धन्य पुरूष है जो गीता ज्ञान ले जीते हैं॥
    श्री कृष्ण चरण की रज ले कर । बन अर्जुन की तरह नित पीते हैं॥

अपना सांई प्यारा सांई सबसे न्यारा अपना सांई

ॐ सांई राम।।।
    अपना साँई प्यारा साँई सबसे न्यारा अपना साँई - रमेश रमनानी

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #129 on: March 01, 2008, 02:22:47 AM »
  • Publish
  •  
    Life As A Jewel

One afternoon Guru Nanak and his company were resting on the banks of the Ganges at Patna. Mardana was idly inspecting a stone he had picked up along the road, thinking of the vast throngs who had come to hear the Guru. "Master," said Mardana, "you teach a way for every person to find liberation. But many of those who listen still seem to spend much of their time in conflict, and in seeking out excitement and other idle pursuits. Why do they waste away their lives so?"

"Most people don't recognize its value," replied the Guru, "although human life is the dearest treasure on this earth."

"Surly everyone can see the value of life," said Mardana.

"No," said Nanak. "Each man places his own value on things according to what he thinks. A different man with different knowledge will place a different value. That stone you found in the dirt will make a good example. Take it to the marketplace and see what you can get for it."

Puzzled, Mardana took the stone to the marketplace and at a stall that sold sweets asked what the vendor would trade for it. The man laughed. "Go away, you're wasting my time."

He next tried a produce seller. "I have paying customers to wait on," said the grocer. "I'll give you an onion for it just to get you out of here."

Mardana tried several more shops with no better response. Finally he came to the shop of Salis Raj, the jeweler. Salis Raj's eyes opened wide when he saw the stone. "I'm sorry," he said, "I don't have enough money to buy your gem. But I will give you a hundred rupees if you will let me look at it a while longer."

Mardana hurried back to the Guru to tell him what had happened.

"See," said Guru Nanak, "how when we are ignorant we mistake a valuable gem for a worthless stone. If someone had told you its value before you knew what it was, you would have thought they were crazy. Such a jewel is human life, and whatever you've traded for it, that is what is yours." 

------Baba Farid

Offline SaiServant

• Blessings 15
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #130 on: March 01, 2008, 08:45:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hare Krsna !!

"Unless we cooperate with the Supreme Lord, our life is baffled. A screw which has fallen from a machine has no value. But when the same screw is again attached to the machine, it has value. We are part and parcel of God. Without God, what is our value? No value! We should again come back to our position of attachment to God. Then we have value."

Sai Ram dearest Anju,

I'm delighted to see you back on this forum. :D I greatly missed your presence. Hope you post your valuable thoughts more frequently now on  :)

Jai  Sai Ram!!

:-*

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #131 on: March 01, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hare Krsna! Jai Sai Ram Dear Sunita and Devotees!!

My humble obeisances to all respected devotees of the forum. Hope all are doing well. I pray for Bhagvan's special mercy for one and all.

“There are many societies and associations of pure devotees, and if someone with just a little faith begins to associate with such societies, his advancement to pure devotionalservice is rapid.”
    "In the association of pure devotees, discussion of the pastimes and activities of theSupreme Personality of Godhead ...are satisfying to the ear and to the heart." - Prabhupad

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna Hare Hare,
    Hare Ram Hare Ram, Ram Ram Hare Hare !!

Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline OmSaiRamNowOn

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #132 on: March 03, 2008, 08:24:05 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hare Krsna ! Jai Sai Ram !!
    "A man has served the family with heart and soul throughout the whole life, and when he is old man, if he asks permission from his wife, "My dear wife, now I have served so much. Let me take sannyasa now," the wife will never give permission. She will say, "What you have done? This son is not yet settled up; this daughter is not yet married. How you can take sannyasa? So you cannot do." So actually, he is the servant of the wife, but he is thinking, "I am master of the family." This is called maya."
    Om Sai Ram !

-Anju

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #133 on: March 20, 2008, 04:22:14 AM »
  • Publish
  • Waves in an Ocean

A little wave was bobbing along in the ocean, having a grand old time. He's enjoying the wind and the fresh air--until he notip'=ces the other waves in front of him, crashing against the shore.

"My God, this is terrible," the wave says. "Look what's going to happen to me!"

Then along comes another wave. It sees the first wave, looking grim, and it says to him, "Why do you look so sad?"

The first wave says, "You don't understand! We're all going to crash! All of us waves are going to be nothing! Isn't this terrible?"

The second wave says, "No, YOU don't understand. You're not a wave, you're part of the ocean." 

------Baba Farid

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #134 on: March 21, 2008, 06:29:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • जय सांई राम।।।

By sweetness is meant sociability, civility, broadmindedness, polite speaking, cheerfulness and forbearance. It is necessary for a beautiful face to have good habits, otherwise the beauty is useless. If there is a beautiful house in a beautiful city, but only owls reside there, what is its beauty?

There may be a green tree, but if there are no flowers or fruits on it, then what use can it be? A gold watch which does not tell time, or a beautiful lamp which does not give light, is of no value. Similarly, a man may be very beautiful, and may wear costly clothes, but if he is not social, is not good mannered, courteous and polite, then he is without human virtues. What makes a man really a man are his sociability and cheerfulness.

The bounties of the BABA SAI are reserved for the person who greets others with a cheerful heart and an open mind. Sweet speech full of humility goes to the bottom of another man’s heart, and this is the real glory and embellishment of man.

However, serious the difficulty, use politeness, sweetness and melody. It can succeed better than use of the sword or violence. Think before you speak. Even if there is an occasion, ask to be excused, as a matter of courtesy. It takes sweet to take bitter pills from a cheerful person. It, however, becomes difficult to take even a sweet thing from the hands of a rude man.

The mind is like a crow, which has no other wish than to annoy people. But as soon as it is steeped in love, it becomes a swan and troubles no one.

The heart is the true Dwarkamai of BABA. It is the temple of the BABA. Everyone’s heart is the Temple like. He who causes pain to hearts strikes and breaks that temple.

He who causes pain to others not only desecrates and ruins the temples of others, but demolishes the temple of his own heart also.

How can we be happy if we injure any organic. If one understands this, he does not injure any living being or any other animate object, to say nothing of injuring a man. To think ill of others is a sin of the mind. Jealousy, hatred and enmity are evils of the mind. Harsh words, criticism of others, speaking ill of them and abusing them are sins of speech; wrong actions are sins of the body.

When you meet another person cheerfully, you shower flowers, and the other man becomes full of its scent. Be cheerful like a flower. Whoever would meet you would share your happiness. Whoever comes in contact with you would be pleased with you. To be courteous on a particular occasion is called politeness, but when one is always courteous and mild he is called civil. This virtue is very helpful in spiritual matters.

अपना सांई प्यारा सांई सबसे न्यारा अपना सांई

ॐ सांई राम।।।
    अपना साँई प्यारा साँई सबसे न्यारा अपना साँई - रमेश रमनानी

Facebook Comments