Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: STORY OF THE DAY  (Read 141223 times)

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
    • Sai Baba
Re: STORY OF THE DAY
« Reply #465 on: June 08, 2008, 12:29:04 AM »
  • Publish
  • I Am Not a Liar

Once upon a time there lived a retired school teacher in a small village. In spite of his poor financial condition he used to teach the interested and needy students free of cost. He had great faith in Lord Krishna and the teachings of Bhagvat Gita. One day his wife complained, "There is nothing in the house today for us to eat. Get some grocery items from the shop. He is your friend and will surely lend you something." He became very upset at his condition. He went into his room, took out Bhagvat Gita and with a red pen struck the words "Yogakhemam Vahamyaham (I take care of my devotees)" from the 9th chapter. He said - "Krishna, you utter false words. You are a liar!".

Frustrated with the situation he left the house. He reached the grocer thinking that he would request him to lend something to him. The shopkeeper welcomed him and enquired about his family members. After talking for some time the teacher left the shop. The humble teacher couldn't ask for anything from the shopkeeper.

He was worried about his wife. "She will surely get angry to see my empty hands", he said to himself. In great despair he strolled the whole day here and there as he couldn't gather the courage to face his wife. In the evening he started for his home mentally preparing to face his wife's wrath.

As he reached home his wife darted at him angry words - "Don't you know how to treat children?". He was puzzled at her words. "What's the matter?", he asked. She replied, "In the afternoon one of your student came with all the grocery items that you had sent. He even arranged them neatly in the kitchen. While doing so he was weeping silently. Poor child! When I asked for the reason, with eyes full of tears he replied - Guruji punished me today. He then opened his mouth to revel a sharp cut on his tongue. The red cut was still oozing blood. He further said - Guriji says I am a liar. But tell him I do not lie.." Her words left the teacher speechless.
    अपना साँई प्यारा साँई सबसे न्यारा अपना साँई - रमेश रमनानी

Offline SaiServant

• Blessings 15
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #466 on: June 08, 2008, 05:06:22 PM »
  • Publish
  • Jai Sai Ram!
    A wonderful story, dearest Bhai!  :) God is so sincere and merciful to His devotees!

Om Sai Ram!

Offline tana

• Blessings 139
    • ~सांई~~ੴ~~सांई~
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #467 on: June 15, 2008, 04:36:56 AM »
  • Publish
  • JAI SAI RAM  :)

Does God Still Speak To Us?

A young man had been to Wednesday night Bible Study. The Pastor had shared about listening to God and obeying the Lord's voice. The young man couldn't help but wonder, "Does God still speak to people?"

After service he went out with some friends for coffee and pie and they discussed the message. Several different ones talked about how God had led them in different ways. It was about ten o'clock when the young man started driving home. Sitting in his car, he just began to pray, "God.. If you still speak to people speak to me. I will listen. I will do my best to obey." 

As he drove down the main street of his town, he had the strangest thought, stop and buy a gallon of milk. He shook his head and said out loud, "God is that you?" He didn't get a reply and started on toward home. But again, the thought, buy a gallon of milk. The young man thought about Samuel and how he didn't recognize the voice of God, and how little Samuel ran to Eli. "Okay, God, in case that is you, I will buy the milk." It didn't seem like too hard a test of obedience. He could always use the milk. 

He stopped and purchased the gallon of milk and started off toward home. As he passed Seventh street, he again felt the urge, "Turn down that street." This is crazy he thought and drove on past the intersection. 

Again, he felt that he should turn down Seventh Street. At the next intersection, he turned back and headed down Seventh. Half jokingly, he said out loud, "Okay, God, I will". He drove several blocks, when suddenly, he felt like he should stop. 

He pulled over to the curb and looked around. He was in a semi- commercial area of town. It wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst of neighborhoods either. The businesses were closed and most of the houses looked dark like the people were already in bed. 

Again, he sensed something, "Go and give the milk to the people in the house across the street." The young man looked at the house. It was dark and it looked like the people were either gone or they were already asleep. 

He started to open the door and then sat back in the car seat. "Lord, this is insane. Those people are asleep and if I wake them up, they are going to be mad and I will look stupid." 

Again, he felt like he should go and give the milk. Finally, he opened the door, "Okay God, if this is you, I will go to the door and I will give them the milk. If you want me to look like a crazy person, okay. I want to be obedient. I guess that will count for something but if they don't answer right away, I am out of here." 

He walked across the street and rang the bell. He could hear some noise inside. A man's voice yelled out, "Who is it? What do you want?" Then the door opened before the young man could get away. 

The man was standing there in his jeans and t-shirt. He looked like he just got out of bed. He had a strange look on his face and he didn't seem too happy to have some stranger standing on his doorstep. "What is it?" The young man thrust out the gallon of milk, "Here, I brought this to you." 

The man took the milk and rushed down a hallway speaking loudly in Spanish. Then from down the hall came a woman carrying the milk toward the kitchen. The man was following her holding a baby. The baby was crying. The man had tears streaming down his face. The man began speaking and half crying, "We Were just praying. We had some big bills this month and we ran out of money. We didn't have any milk for our baby. I was just praying and asking God to show me how to get some milk." 

His wife in the kitchen yelled out, "I ask him to send an Angel with some. Are you an Angel?" The young man reached into his wallet and pulled out all the money he had on him and put in the man's hand. 

He turned and walked back toward his car and the tears were streaming down his face. He knew that God still answers prayers. 

SAI RAM  :)

"लोका समस्ता सुखिनो भवन्तुः
    ॐ शन्तिः शन्तिः शन्तिः"

" Loka Samasta Sukino Bhavantu
    Aum ShantiH ShantiH ShantiH"~~~

May all the worlds be happy. May all the beings be happy.
    May none suffer from grief or sorrow. May peace be to all~~~

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #468 on: June 17, 2008, 09:53:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • It happened, Buddha was sitting under a tree talking to his disciples. A man came and spat on his face. He wiped it off and he asked the man: What next? What do you want to say next? The man was a little puzzled because he himself never expected that when you spit on somebody's face he will ask, Now, what next? He had had no such experience in his past. He had insulted people, and they had become angry, and they had reacted; or if they were cowards and weaklings they had smiled, trying to bribe the man. But Buddha was like neither; he was not angry, nor in any way offended, nor in any way cowardly, but just matter of fact; he said, What next? There was no reaction on his part.

His disciples became angry, they reacted. Buddha's closest disciple, Anand, said, This is too much, and we cannot tolerate it; you keep your teaching with you and we will just show this man that he cannot do what he has done. He has to be punished for it. Otherwise everybody will start doing things like this.

Buddha said, You keep silent. He has not offended me, but you are offending me. He is new, a stranger, and he may have heard something about me from somebody, has formed some idea, a notion of me. He has not spat on me, he has spat on his notion, his idea of me, because he does not know me at all so how can he spit on me? He must have heard from people something about me -- that this man is an atheist, a dangerous man who is throwing people off their track, a revolutionary, a corrupter -- he must have heard something about me, he has formed a notion, an idea; he has spat on his own idea.

If you think on it deeply, Buddha said, he has spat on his own mind. I am not part of it, and I can see that this poor man must have something else to say -- because this is a way of saying something; spitting is a way of saying something.

There are moments when you feel that language is impotent: in deep love, in intense anger, in hate, in prayer; there are intense moments when language IS impotent. Then you have to do something -- when you are in deep love you kiss the person or embrace the person.

What are you doing? You are saying something. When you are angry, intensely angry, you hit the person, you spit on him -- you are SAYING something.

I can understand him. He must have something more to say, that's why I'm asking, What next?
    The man was even more puzzled.

And Buddha said to his disciples, I am more offended by you because you know me and you have lived for years with me and still you react. Puzzled, confused, the man returned home. He could not sleep the whole night. It is difficult, when you see a Buddha, it is difficult to sleep again the way you used to sleep before. Impossible. Again and again he was haunted by the experience, he could not explain it to himself, what had happened. He was trembling all over and perspiring, he had never come across such a man; he had shattered his whole mind and his whole pattern; his whole past.

Next morning he was back there. He threw himself at Buddha's feet. Buddha asked him again, What next?

This too is a way of saying something that cannot be said in language. When you come and touch my feet you are saying something which cannot be said ordinarily, for which all words are a little narrow, it cannot be contained in them.

Contd....

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #469 on: June 17, 2008, 09:56:14 AM »
  • Publish
  • Buddha said, Look, Anand. This man is again here, he is saying something. This man is a man of deep emotions.

The man looked at Buddha and said, Forgive me for what I have done yesterday.

Buddha said, Forgive? But I am not the same man to whom you did it. The Ganges goes on flowing. It is never the same Ganges again. Every man is a river. The man you spat upon is no more here. I look just like him but I am not the same; much has happened in these twenty-four hours! The river has flowed so much. Only in appearance I look the same. So I cannot forgive you because I have no grudge against you. And you also are new. I can see you are not the same man who came yesterday, because that man was angry. He was anger, he spat -- and you are bowing at my feet, touching my feet, how can you be the same man? You are not the same man! So let us forget about it; those two -- the man who spat and the man on whom he spat -- both are no more. Come closer, let us talk of something else.

This is response.

Reaction is out of the past. If you react, out of old habits, out of mind, then you are not responding. To be responsive is to be totally alive in THIS moment, here-now.

Response is a beautiful phenomenon, it is life; reaction is dead, ugly, rotten, it is a corpse. Ninety-nine per cent of the time you react, and you call it response. Rarely it happens in your life that you respond; but whenever it happens you have a glimpse; whenever it happens the door to the unknown opens.

I see people, they may have lived with a woman for thirty years, forty years -- they have stopped looking at her! They know she is the old lady, the old woman; they think they know, but the river has been flowing all the time. This woman is not the same one to whom they got married; that is a past phenomenon, that woman exists nowhere now; this is totally a new woman.

Every moment you are being born anew. Every moment you die and every moment you are born. But have you looked lately at your wife, your mother, your father, your friend? You have stopped looking because you think they are all old, so what is the point of looking at them? Go back and look again with fresh eyes, as you would look at a stranger -- and you will be surprised at how much this old woman has changed.

Tremendous changes happen every day. It is a flux, everything goes on flowing, nothing is frozen. But the mind is a dead thing. It is a frozen phenomenon. If you act from the frozen mind you live a dead life -- you don't live really, you are already in the grave.

Drop reactions. And allow more and more responses. To be responsive is to be responsible. To be responsive, to be responding, is to be sensitive. But sensitive to here and now.

Go back to your home and look at your wife with response not with reaction.

Offline SaiServant

• Blessings 15
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #470 on: June 18, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »
  • Publish
  • Jai Sai Baba!

Excellent post, dearest Ramesh Bhai! Equally nice post, dear Tana ji!
    Thank you both for enriching our lives with such gems of wisdom.

May baba bless you!  :)

Om Sai Ram!

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #471 on: June 18, 2008, 11:41:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • जय सांई राम।।।

Dear Sunita thanks for the Compliments.......Its all HIS....MAY BABA SAI BLESS YOU....

अपना सांई प्यारा सांई सबसे न्यारा अपना सांई

ॐ सांई राम।।।

Offline Aneel

• Blessings 0
    • Surrender completely to Saibaba
    « Reply #472 on: June 21, 2008, 05:06:37 AM »
  • Publish
  • Jai Sai Ram.....

WORK IS WORSHIP

Anybody, may be a very affluent or a poor person, can reach the ultimate state of suprem bliss, by offering the flowers of daily chores to the omnipresent God.

There is a well named 'Pisajhari Kuan' in the middle of the road going from Munger to Bhagalpur in Bihar, India.

A 13 year old girl called 'Shyamo' got married. Her husband died a year after her marriage. She became a widow at the young age of 14. Shyamo thought that it is not wise to become an escapist, materialistic & lazy. She made her parents understand her feelings & she started leading a pious & pure life.

Shyamo's parents were very poor. She used to get up early in the morning & earn some money by making flour using grind-stone. Then, she used to take her bath and pray to God & sing praises of His holy name. After that she used to again sit down to make thread using the spin-wheel. If somebody wanted to get food prepared, then she used to do that also. The whole day she used to keep herself busy working with full sincerity & diligence. As a result she used to get sound sleep in the night & easily she was able to concentrate for the short duration she used to pray. As this routine continued, one day Shyamo observed that all those who travel on Munger-Bhagalpur road feel very thirsty. Not only did she earn her living by making flour, thread & cooking, but she also donated all her life-long savings to construct a well for the travellers.

Even today that 'Pakka Kuan' (constructed well) located on the Munger-Bhagalpur road denotes Shyamo's sacrifice, austerity, goodwill and dedication & zeal towards work.

No matter how adverse the circumstances be, if one continues to work diligently without losing faith & hope, then his duties take the form of worship. The peace & contentment experienced by a devotee or a Yogi, the same happiness & peace is evolved in the heart of the one who does his duties with the aim of pleasing God.

Even though Shyamo became a widow at a very young age, she did not let her life get misled, dedicatedly she did her jobs practising self-control, purity in action & pleasing behaviour. That is the reason that even if her body is not existing in this world, but the songs of her good qualities are still being sung...

I wish the people entangled in fighting & creating tension for others get some inspiration from her! If we let the river of self-less services flow in our family & society, then the world would be so great!

Baba Bless All Of Us....
    Anil Malhotra

Offline tana

• Blessings 139
    • ~सांई~~ੴ~~सांई~
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #473 on: June 23, 2008, 07:09:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • Om Sai Ram~~~

The Socrates Triple Filter Test~~~

In ancient Greece, Socrates was reputed to hold knowledge in high esteem. One day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and said, "Do you know what I just heard about your friend?"

"Hold on a minute," Socrates replied. "Before telling me anything, I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test."

"Triple filter?"

"That's right," Socrates continued. "Before you talk to me about my friend, it might be a good idea to take a moment and filter what you're going to say. That's why I call it the triple filter test."

"The first filter is TRUTH. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"
    "No," the man said, "actually I just heard about it and..."

'All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second filter, the filter of GOODNESS. Is what you are about to tell me about my friend something good?"
    "No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me something bad about him, but you're not certain it's true. You may still pass the test though, because there's one filter left: the filter of USEFULNESS. Is what you want to tell me about my friend going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither true nor good nor even useful, why tell it to me at all ?"

Friends, TRY TO USE this triple filter each time you hear loose talk about any of your near & dear friends  :) :) :)

Jai Sai Ram~~~
    ॐ शन्तिः शन्तिः शन्तिः"

Offline tana

• Blessings 139
    • ~सांई~~ੴ~~सांई~
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #474 on: June 23, 2008, 07:12:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • Jai Sai Baba!

Excellent post, dearest Ramesh Bhai! Equally nice post, dear Tana ji!
    Thank you both for enriching our lives with such gems of wisdom.

May baba bless you!  :)

Om Sai Ram!

Om Sai Ram~~~

Thanks Sunita ji For your compliments....
    As Ramesh bhai said...IT'S ALL HIS~~~~

BABA bless you & all of us~~~

Jai Sai Ram~~~
    ॐ शन्तिः शन्तिः शन्तिः"

Offline tana

• Blessings 139
    • ~सांई~~ੴ~~सांई~
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #475 on: June 26, 2008, 01:14:36 AM »
  • Publish
  • Om Sai Ram~~~

When you're down to nothing, God is up to something" ~~~

She jumped up as soon as she saw the surgeon come out of the operating room.  She said:  "How is my little boy ?  Is he going to be all right ?  When can I see him ?"

The surgeon said, "I'm sorry.  We did all we could, but your boy didn't make it."

Sally said, "Why do little children get cancer ?  Doesn't God care any more ?  Where were you, God, when my son needed you ?"

The surgeon asked, "Would you like some time alone with your son ?  One of the nurses will be out in a few minutes, before he's transported to the university."

Sally asked the nurse to stay with her while she said good bye to son.  She ran her fingers lovingly through his thick red curly hair.  "Would you like a lock of his hair ?" the nurse asked.

Sally nodded yes.  The nurse cut a lock of the boy's hair, put it in a plastic bag and handed it to Sally.

The mother said, "It was Jimmy's idea to donate his body to the University for Study.  He said it might help somebody else.  "I said no at first, but Jimmy said, 'Mom, I won't be using it after I die.  Maybe it will help some other little boy spend one more day with his Mom."  She went on, "My Jimmy had a heart of gold.  Always thinking of someone else.  Always wanting to help others if he could."

Sally walked out of Children's Mercy Hospital for the last time, after spending most of the last six months there.  She put the bag with Jimmy's belongings on the seat beside her in the car.

The drive home was difficult.  It was even harder to enter the empty house.  She carried Jimmy's belongings, and the plastic bag with the lock of his hair to her son's room.

She started placing the model cars and other personal things back in his room exactly where he had always kept them.  She laid down across his bed and, hugging his pillow, cried herself to sleep.

It was around midnight when Sally awoke.  Laying beside her on the bed was a folded letter. 

The letter said :

"Dear Mom, I know you're going to miss me;  but don't think that I will ever forget you, or stop loving you, just 'cause I'm not around to say "I Love You" .  I will always love you, Mom, even more with each day. Someday we will see each other again.  Until then, if you want to adopt a little boy so you won't be so lonely, that's okay with me.  He can have my room and old stuff to play with.  But, if you decide to get a girl instead, she probably wouldn't like the same things us boys do.  You'll have to buy her dolls and stuff girls like, you know.  Don't be sad thinking about me.  This really is a neat place.  Grandma and Grandpa met me as soon as I got here and showed me around some, but it will take a long time to see everything.  The angels are so cool.  I love to watch them fly.  And, you know what?  Jesus doesn't look like any of his pictures.  Yet, when I saw Him, I knew it was Him.  Jesus himself took me to see GOD !  And guess what, Mom ?  I got to sit on God's knee and talk to Him, like I was somebody important.  That's when I told Him that I wanted to write you a letter, to tell you good bye and everything.  But I already knew that wasn't allowed.  Well, you know what Mom ?  God handed me some paper and His own personal pen to write you this letter.  I think Gabriel is the name of the angel who is going to drop this letter off to you.  God said for me to give you the answer to one of the questions you asked Him 'Where was He when I needed him ?'  "God said He was in the same place with me, as when His son Jesus was on the cross.  He was right there, as He always is with all His children.  Oh, by the way, Mom, no one else can see what I've written except you.  To everyone else this is just a blank piece of paper.  Isn't that cool ?  I have to give God His pen back now. He needs it to write some more names in the Book of Life.  Tonight I get to sit at the table with Jesus for supper.  I'm sure the food will be great.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you.  I don't hurt anymore.  The cancer is all gone.  I'm glad because I couldn't stand that pain anymore and God couldn't stand to see me hurt so much, either.  That's when He sent The Angel of Mercy to come get me.  The Angel said I was a Special Delivery !  How about that ?

Signed with Love from God, Jesus & Me.

Jai Sai Ram~~~
    ॐ शन्तिः शन्तिः शन्तिः"

Offline tana

• Blessings 139
    • ~सांई~~ੴ~~सांई~
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #476 on: June 27, 2008, 04:51:51 AM »
  • Publish
  • Om Sai Ram~~~

ACRES OF DIAMONDS~~~

There was a farmer in Africa who was happy and content. He was happy because he was content. He was content because he was happy. One day a wise man came to him and told him about the glory of diamonds and the power that goes along with them. The wise man said, "If you had a diamond the size of your thumb, you could have your own city. If you had a diamond the size of your fist, you could probably own your own country." And then he went away. That night the farmer couldn't sleep. He was unhappy and he was discontent. He was unhappy because he was discontent and discontent because he was unhappy. The next morning he made arrangements to sell off his farm, took care of his family and went in search of diamonds. He looked all over Africa and couldn't find any. He looked all through Europe and couldn't find any. When he got to Spain, he was emotionally, physically and financially broke. He got so disheartened that he threw himself into the Barcelona River and committed suicide. Back home, the person who had bought his farm was watering the camels at a stream that ran through the farm. Across the stream, the rays of the morning sun hit a stone and made it sparkle like a rainbow. He thought it would look good on the mantle piece. He picked up the stone and put it in the living room. That afternoon the wise man came and saw the stone sparkling. He asked, "Is Hafiz back?" The new owner said, "No, why do you ask?" The wise man said, "Because that is a diamond. I recognize one when I see one." The man said, no, that's just a stone I picked up from the stream. Come, I'll show you. There are many more." They went and picked some samples and sent them for analysis. Sure enough, the stones were diamonds. They found that the farm was indeed covered with acres and acres of diamonds.* What is the moral of this story?

There are five morals~~~

1. When our attitude is right, we realize that we are all walking on acres and acres of diamonds.Opportunity is always under our feet. We don't have to go anywhere. All we need to do is recognize it.
    2. The grass on the other side always looks greener.
    3. While we are dyeing the grass on the other side, there are others who are dyeing the grass on our side. They would be happy to trade places with us.
    4. When people don't know how to recognize opportunity, they complain of noise when it knocks.
    5. The same opportunity never knocks twice. The next one may be better or worse, but it is never the same one.

Jai Sai Ram~~~
    ॐ शन्तिः शन्तिः शन्तिः"

Offline tana

• Blessings 139
    • ~सांई~~ੴ~~सांई~
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #477 on: June 29, 2008, 01:36:36 AM »
  • Publish
  • Om Sai Ram~~~

know ur ROOTS~~~

There was a huge Apple tree...
    A Little boy loved to play with it
    He Love to clomb the tree, love to eat apples...love to take the nap under its shadow
    Times went on...
    The Boy grew up...
    And he no longer play around the tree
    One day the boy came....

The Tree asked him..
    "Hi..
    Come and Play with me.."

The boy relied..
    " I m not a kid. I don't play around tree"

"I play with toys. I need money to buy toys."

The Tree said... "I Don't have money but you can take all my apples and sell it .
    You will get the MONEY."

The boy picked all the apples of the tree and went...
    He sold the apples and gotmoney... he bought lots of toys...
    But he didn't turn back...
    The Tree was again sad...
    One day again the boy came, he became a young man now......

The Tree said... "HI...Why Are you sad? Come and Sit under my shadow...
    I m feeling very lonely without you..."

The by said...
    "I don't have time...
    I work for my family...
    I want to build Home for them... I Need money..."

The Tree said.. "I don't have money... You can take my Branches and Trunk... and build you home..."

The Boy Became Happy...
    He cut all the branches and trunk of the tree

And built a home for him......

Again the tree became alone..
    The boy didn't turned back..
    Time passes on ..

After Long time the boy came back..
    He was so old...
    Looking sad ...
    Tired...
    And Lonely..

The Tree asked him.. " Why are you Sad..
    I Wish .. I can help you...

...but I Don't have Apples.. I don't have branches... Even
    I don't have Shadow...
    Nothing to Offer you...

The Boy (Old man) Replied...
    " I am tired of my life...
    I am alone..."
    ..." I just need you ...
    Can I sit down at your roots."
    The Boy (Old man) sit down .. Both were happy & weeping...

Is the boy really cruel and selfish ??
    ??
    ??
    ??
    ??
    ??
    ??
    ??

No...
    We all are like him...
    And treating our parent like that...

The tree is like our parent
    We love to play them when we were kids...
    We leave them alone...and come only when...
    We are in need or in trouble

We don't have Time for our Parent...

No matter what, parent will always give everything...

To make us happy and solve our problems...
    And in return what they want....
    Just our company !

Please love to your parent...
    Don't forget them...
    Give them Time...
    Give them your company...
    They will be happy by seeing you happy....

Please don't leave you parent...
    Gratitude them...
    One can gets Child as many as he want, but parent he gets only once...

Jai Sai Ram~~~
    ॐ शन्तिः शन्तिः शन्तिः"

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    Re: STORY OF THE DAY-----God's Favourite!!!
    « Reply #478 on: July 01, 2008, 02:47:14 AM »
  • Publish
  • Narada Muni was well known for his devotion towards Lord Vishnu. He always used to chant "Narayana Narayana" (Narayana is one of the names of Lord Vishnu). He used to think that he is the greatest devotee of the Lord.  Once upon a time he went to Vaikuntha, the abode of Lord Vishnu. During their conversation Narada intentionally asked - " O Lord! You have so many devotees. I am curious to know who is your favorite one." Narada was expecting that Lord Vishnu will honor him as his favorite devotee. To his shock Vishnu pointed to a poor farmer on the earth and said, "That poor farmer is my favorite devotee."

With mind full of curiosity Narada went to the farmer's hut. The farmer was very poor and humble. He used to get up early in the morning and before getting up from his bed used to chant Lord's name once. Then the whole day he used to work hard on his field with his other family members. He used to return late in the night. Before going to the bed he again used to chant Lord's name once. Narada was surprised to know that the farmer chanted Lord's name just twice in a day. Narada thought to himself - "I chant the name of my Lord the whole day but still He loves this poor farmer who chants His name only twice in a day."

Narada went back to Vishnu and asked - "O Lord! I visited the farmer and I am surprised to know that he is your favorite devotee. Do you know that he chants your name just twice in a day?" The Lord Vishnu smiled at him and handed over a vessel completely filled with oil. Vishnu said - "Narada! Take this vessel and see me in the evening. Remember that you should always carry this vessel with you and not a single drop of oil should spill from it."

Narada did as the Lord has instructed. Throughout the day he was carrying the oil filled vessel with him taking care than not a single drop is spilling from it. He returned to Vaikuntha in the evening thinking about the whole incidence. As he arrived the Lord welcomed him saying, "I was waiting for you". He looked at the oil vessel and said - "Good! It seems you didn't waste a single drop of oil." Taking a pause he continued - "Now tell me honestly how many times you uttered my name?"

Narada said - "O Lord! You had given me an oil filled vessel and warned me not to spill a single drop of oil. My total attention was on the oil vessel. How can I chant your name when I am busy taking care of the vessel?" Vishnu smilingly said - "You forgot me when you were busy in some mundane task. However, the poor farmer remembers me at least twice a day. He remains so busy earning his bread and butter but still chants my name twice without fail."

Narada understood his mistake.

Moral: It is easy to remember God when you are free from worldly responsibilities. However, it is extremely difficult to remember Him when you are living a householder's life. We should not underestimate householders. It is often believed that spiritual progress can be made only by abandoning worldly life. However, a sincere and honest householder also can attain spiritual goals.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 02:50:54 AM by fatima »
    Not every heart is capable of finding the secret of God's love.

There are not pearls in every sea; there is not gold in every mine.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    Re: STORY OF THE DAY---The Rope
    « Reply #479 on: July 03, 2008, 05:05:00 AM »
  • Publish

•  
    This story is about a mountain climber, who wanted to climb the highest mountain. He began his adventure after many years of preparation, since he wanted the glory just for himself, decided to climb the mountain alone.

He started to climb but it was getting late, and instead of being patient and  prepare his tent to camp, he kept climbing until it got very dark. The night felt heavy in the heights of the mountain, and the man could not see anything. All was black, zero visibility, and the moon and the stars were covered by the clouds.

As he was climbing, and only a few feet away from the mountain, he slipped and fell into the air, falling at a great speed. The climber could only see black spots as he went down, and the terrible sensation of being sucked by gravity. He kept falling, and in those moments of great fear, he remembered all the good and bad episodes of his life. He was thinking how close death was getting, when all of a sudden he felt the rope tied to his waist pull him very hard.

His body was hanging in the air. Only the rope was holding him, and in that moment of stillness he had no other choice but to scream: HELP ME GOD!!

All of a sudden, a deep voice from within answered:

"What do you want me to do"
     "Save me God"
    "Then cut the Rope tied to your waist."

There was a moment of silence, and the man decided to hold on to the rope with all his strength. He completely forgot the virtues of patience, and thus did not believe in his inner voice.

The next day, the rescue team found a climber dead and frozen, his body hanging from a rope, his hands holding tight to it, only 10 feet away from the ground.

How attached are you to your rope!

Will you let go?

Will you learn to exercise patience!

And listen to your inner voice!

Before it is too late?

Not every heart is capable of finding the secret of God's love.

There are not pearls in every sea; there is not gold in every mine.

------Baba Farid

Facebook Comments