Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: STORY OF THE DAY  (Read 136853 times)

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
    • Sai Baba
Re: STORY OF THE DAY
« Reply #480 on: July 20, 2008, 10:01:06 AM »
  • Publish
  • IN ORDER TO GAIN, LOSE!

One man -- very rich, the richest in his country -- became disturbed, became frustrated. He felt that life was meaningless. He had everything that could be purchased, but all that could be purchased proved meaningless. Only something that could not be purchased could have real meaning. He had everything he could purchase -- he could have purchased the whole world -- but what to do now? He was frustrated and deep discontent was within. So he gathered all his valuables, ornaments, gold, jewels, everything, into a big bag, and he started on a journey just to find a man who could give him something valuable, a glimpse of happiness. Then be would present his whole life's earnings to him. He went from one teacher to another, traveled and traveled, but no one was able to give him even a glimpse. And he was ready to give everything -- his whole kingdom.

Then he reached a village and asked for Mulla, who was a fakir living there. A village man told him, "Mulla is just sitting outside the town, meditating under a tree. You go there, and if he cannot give you a glimpse of happiness then forget it. Then you can go to all the corners of the world, but you will never get it. If this man cannot give you a glimpse, then there is no possibility. 

"So the man was very excited. He came to Mulla who was sitting under a tree. The sun was setting. The man said, "I have come for this purpose. My whole life's earnings are here in this bag, and I will give them to you if you can give me a glimpse of happiness. 

"Mulla listened. The evening was descending; it was becoming dark. Without answering him, Mulla snatched the bag from the rich man and ran away. Of course, the rich man followed him crying, weeping and screaming. The village streets were known to Mulla; they were not known to the rich man as he was a stranger, so he couldn't find him. From all over the village people from the whole village started following them. Mulla was just running round and round. The man was mad. He was crying, "I have been robbed of all my life's riches. I am a poor man! I have become a beggar!" He was weeping -- weeping like anything. 

Then Mulla reached the same tree, and he just put the bag before the tree and went behind the tree to hide there. The man came there; he fell on the bag, and started weeping in happiness. Mulla looked from behind the tree and said, "Are you happy, man? Have you had a little glimpse?

“The man said, "I am as happy as anyone can be on this earth."

What happened? To have a peak, a valley is needed. To feel happiness, unhappiness is needed. To know the divine, the world is needed. The world is just a valley. The man was the same, the bag was the same. Nothing new had happened, but now he said that he was happy -- as happy as anyone can be on this earth -- and just a few minutes before he was miserable. Nothing had changed. The man was the same, the bag was the same, and the tree was the same. Nothing had changed, but the man was now happy, dancing. The contrast had happened. Consciousness becomes identified because through identification the world is and through the world you can regain yourself.

When Buddha attained he was asked, "What have you achieved?" He said, "Nothing. On the contrary, I have lost much. I have not attained anything because now I know that whatsoever I have attained was always there; it was my nature. It was never taken away from me, so I have not achieved anything. I have achieved that which was already there, which was already achieved. I have lost only my ignorance."

Identification is ignorance. It is part of this great play -- this BABA’s cosmic LEELA, HIS cosmic play -- that you will have to lose yourself to find yourself again. This losing yourself is just a way, and the only way, to regain yourself. If you have lost too much already, you can regain. If you have not yet lost yourself enough, you will have to lose more. And nothing can be done before that; no help is possible before that. Unless you are lost completely in the valley, in the darkness, in the SANSARA, in the world, nothing can be done. Lose so that you can gain. This looks paradoxical, but this is how the world is, how the very process is.
    अपना साँई प्यारा साँई सबसे न्यारा अपना साँई - रमेश रमनानी

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    Re: STORY OF THE DAY---------Three Tough Questions
    « Reply #481 on: July 21, 2008, 07:25:06 AM »
  • Publish

• There was a young man who went overseas to study for quite a long time. When he returned, he asked his parents to find him a religious scholar or any expert who could answer his 3 Questions. Finally, his parents were able to find a Muslim scholar.

Young man: Who are you? Can you answer my questions?

Scholar: I am one of Allah (SubHana Wa Ta`ala )'s slaves and Insha-Allah (God willing), I will be able to answer your questions.

Young man: Are you sure? A lot of Professors and experts were not
    able to answer my questions.

Scholar: I will try my best, with the help of Allah(SubHana Wa Ta`ala).

Young Man: I have 3 questions:

1. Does God exist? If so, show me His shape.

2. What is takdir (fate)?

3. If shaitan (Devil) was created from the fire, why at the end he will be thrown to hell that is also created from fire. It certainly will not hurt him at all, since Shaitan (Devil) and the hell were created from fire. Did God not think of it this far?

Suddenly, the Scholar slapped the young man's face very hard.

Young Man (feeling pain): Why do you get angry at me?

Scholar: I am not angry. The slap is my answer to your three questions.

Young Man:
    I really don't understand.

Scholar: How do you feel after I slapped you?

Young Man: Of course, I felt the pain.

Scholar: So do you believe that pain exists?

Young Man: Yes.

Scholar: Show me the shape of the pain!

Young Man: I cannot.

Scholar: That is my first answer. All of us feel God's existence without being able to see His shape... Last night, did you dream that you will be slapped by me?

Young Man: No.

Scholar: Did you ever think that you will get a slap from me, today?

Young
    Man: No.

Scholar: That is takdir (fate)........ My hand that I used to slap you, what is it created from?

Young Man: It is created from flesh.

Scholar: How about your face, what is it created from?

Young Man: Flesh.

Scholar: How do you feel after I slapped you?

Young Man: In pain.

Scholar: Even though Shaitan (Devil) and also the hell were created from the fire, if Allah wants, insha-Allah (God willing), the hell will become a very painful place for Shaitan (Devil).
    Not every heart is capable of finding the secret of God's love.

There are not pearls in every sea; there is not gold in every mine.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    Re: STORY OF THE DAY--------The Tea Cup
    « Reply #482 on: July 21, 2008, 07:30:30 AM »
  • Publish
  • There was a couple who used to go to England to shop in the beautiful stores. They both liked antiques and pottery and especially teacups. This was their twenty-fifth wedding anniversary.

One day in this beautiful shop they saw a beautiful teacup. They said, "May we see that? We've never seen one quite so beautiful." As the lady handed it to them, suddenly the teacup spoke.

"You don't understand," it said. "I haven't always been a teacup. There was a time when I was red and I was clay. My master took me and rolled me and patted me over and over and I yelled out, 'Let me alone', but he only smiled, 'Not yet.'

"Then I was placed on a spinning wheel," the teacup said, "and suddenly I was spun around and around and around. Stop it! I'm getting dizzy! I screamed. But the master only nodded and said,'Not yet.'

Then he put me in the oven. I never felt such heat. I wondered why he wanted to burn me, and I yelled and knocked at the door. I could see him through the opening and I could read his lips as he shook his head, 'Not yet.'

Finally the door opened, he put me on the shelf, and I began to cool. 'There, that's better', I said. And he brushed and painted me all over. The fumes were horrible. I thought I would gag. 'Stop it, stop it!' I cried. He only nodded, 'Not yet.'

Then suddenly he put me back into the oven, not like the first one. This was twice as hot and I knew I would suffocate. I begged. I pleaded. I screamed. I cried. All the time I could see him through the opening nodding his head saying, 'Not yet.'

Then I knew there wasn't any hope. I would never make it. I was ready to give up. But the door opened and he took me out and placed me on the shelf. One hour later he handed me a mirror and I couldn't believe it was me. It's beautiful. I'm beautiful.'

'I want you to remember, then,' he said, 'I know it hurts to be rolled and patted, but if I had left you alone, you would have dried up.

I know it made you dizzy to spin around on the wheel, but if I had stopped, you would have crumbled.

I knew it hurt and was hot and disagreeable in the oven, but if I hadn't put you there, you would have cracked.

I know the fumes were bad when I brushed and painted you all over, but if I hadn't done that, you never would have hardened; you would not have had any colour in your life.

And if I hadn't put you back in that second oven, you wouldn't survive for very long because the hardness would not have held. Now you are a finished product. You are what I had in mind when I first began with you'.

God knows what He's doing for all of us. He is the potter, and we are His clay. He will mold us and make us, so that we may be made into a flawless piece of work to fulfill His good, pleasing, and perfect will, which we can never escape.

Strange are the ways of a believer for there is good in every affair of his and this is not the case with anyone else except in the case of a believer for if he has an occasion to feel delight, he thanks (God), thus there is a good for him in it, and if he gets into trouble and shows resignation (and endures it patiently), there is a good for him in it.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    Re: STORY OF THE DAY---------The Three Friends
    « Reply #483 on: July 23, 2008, 07:50:39 AM »
  • Publish
  • Once the Prophet of God, Hazrat Muhammed (p.b.u.h) was sitting amidst his Sahaba (companions) in the mosque when all of a sudden he said "Today I shall narrate a story to you all which will reveal three riddles for all of you to solve". This hushed the crowd and they all listened to what the Prophet had to
    say.

Hazrat Mohammed (p.b.u.h) continued by saying that once a man got to know that the days in his life was numbered and very soon he would be confronted with death. With this knowledge he feared his loneliness in the grave and went
    searching for true friends who would help and accompany him.

He knocked on the door of his first friend and asked whether he would help. To this the friend said, "of course, what are we here for." But then the man went on to say that he had very few days to live after which he required help. As
    soon as he uttered this statement, the friend said "I am sorry but when death does us apart, there is nothing we can do for you but buy you a place in the graveyard and some cloth (Kafan) to cover your dead body." Grieved but looking
    forward to his next friend, the man moved on.

On the second door, when he came face to face with his friend, and after narrating the entire story of his death and asked for help, the same answer was his fate again. The second friend said "I have been there with you all your life
    and can help you here. But there's nothing I can do for you after you die except take your corpse to the graveyard and bury you."

Lost in agony and despair, he headed for the third friend, very sure that he would receive the same answer but there was a tinge of hope left. When he confronted the third friend, and told him that he required help, the friend
    eagerly volunteered to help. But the man continued to say that I need help after I die. To which the third friend replied, "Do not worry, my dear friend!

I shall accompany you to the grave, be there with you in the grave, even when the angels arrive for questioning (Munkar-o-Nakeer), then assist you on the Pul-e-Sirat (bridge) and then lead you to heaven. "To this the man heaved a sigh of relief and then passed away in peace."

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) then turned and asked his companions if anybody could identify the three friends and the man. When the prevailing silence didn't dissolve, the Prophet continued to say, "The man in the anecdote is any other
    human being." The first friend is "money/wealth", things that help us only in life and not after we die.

The second family/friend were the "children/sons and daughters", we strive for them all our life and all they give us is a shoulder to the grave.

And the third and most important friend is "Aamal (deeds)". Who accompany us all the way through.

Moral: Do not strive for materialistic values that will give you nothing and help you in no way in your eternal life. But work and pray and ask forgiveness from God for only the good deeds assist mankind where every other thing loses
    value in the life hereafter!

------Baba Farid

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #484 on: July 27, 2008, 08:16:26 AM »
  • Publish
  • A PICTURE IN MY WALLET

A ticket collector in a train found an old worn out wallet in a compartment full of many people. He Looked inside to find the name of its owner. There was no clue. All that there was in it, was some money and a picture of BABA.  He held it up And asked, "Who does this wallet belong to?" An old man said, "That's my wallet, Sir, please give it to me." The ticket collector said, "You'll have to prove that it is yours. Only then I can hand it over to you." The old man smiled a toothless smile and said. "It has a picture of BABA in it."

The ticket collector said, "That is no proof; anyone can have a picture of BABA in his wallet. What is special about that? Why is your picture not there in it like most normal people?"

The old man took a deep breath and said, "Let me tell you why my picture is not there in it. My father gave this wallet to me when I was in school. I used to get a small sum as pocket money then. I had kept a picture of my parents in it.

When I was a teenager I was greatly enamoured by my good looks. I removed my parent's picture and put in, one of my own. I loved to see my own face and my thick black hair. Some years later, I got married. My wife was very beautiful and I Loved her a lot. I replaced my own picture in this wallet with a picture of her. I spent hours gazing at her pretty face.

When my first child was born, my life started a new chapter. I shortened my working hours, to play with my baby. I went late to work and returned home early too. Obviously, my baby's picture occupied the prized position in my wallet."

The old man's eyes brimmed with tears as he went on. "My parents passed away many years ago. Last year my wife too left her mortal coil. My son; my only son is too busy with his family. He has no time to look after me. All that I had ever held close to my heart is far, far away from my reach now. Now I have put this picture of BABA SAI in my wallet. It is only now that I have realized that HE is the eternal companion. HE will never leave me.  Alas! If only I had realized this before.

If only I had loved the BABA SAI all these years, with the same intensity as I loved my family, I would not have been so lonely today!"

The collector quietly gave the wallet to the old man. When the train stopped at the next station, the ticket collector went to the book stall at the platform and asked the salesman, "Do you have any pictures of SAI BABA? I need a small one to put in my wallet!"

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #485 on: August 05, 2008, 04:36:20 AM »
  • Publish
  • I dream that I went to Heaven and an angel was showing me around. We walked side-by-side inside a large workroom filled with angels. My angel guide stopped in front of the first section and said, "This is the Receiving Section. Here, all petitions to God said in prayer are received."

I looked around in this area, and it was terribly busy with so many angels sorting out petitions written on voluminous paper sheets and scraps from people all over the world.

Then we moved on down a long corridor until we reached the second section. The angel then said to me, "This is the Packaging and Delivery Section. Here, the graces and blessings the people asked for are processed and delivered to the living persons who asked for them."

I noticed again how busy it was there. There were many angels working hard at that station, since so many blessings had been requested and were being packaged for delivery to Earth.

Finally at the farthest end of the long corridor we stopped at the door of a very small station. To my great surprise, only one angel was seated there, idly doing nothing. "This is the Acknowledgment Section," my angel friend quietly admitted to me. He seemed embarrassed. "How is it that? There's no work going on here?" I asked. "So sad," the angel sighed. "After people receive the blessings that they asked for, very few send back acknowledgments. "How does one acknowledge God's blessings?" I asked. "Simple," the angel answered. "Just say, "Thank you, Lord."

"What blessings should they acknowledge?" I asked.

"If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world."

"If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy."

"And if you get this on your own computer, you are part of the 1% in the world who has that opportunity."

Also...."If you woke up this morning with more health than illness .... you are more blessed than the many who will not even survive this day."

"If you have never experienced the fear in battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation ... you are ahead of 700 million people in the world."

"If you can attend a church meeting without the fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death ... you are envied by, and more blessed than, three billion people in the world."

"If your parents are still alive and still married you are very rare."

"If you can hold your head up and smile, you are not the norm, you are unique to all those in doubt and despair."

Ok, what now? How can I start?

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you as very special and you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world who cannot read at all.

Have a good day, count your blessings, and if you want, pass this along to remind everyone else how blessed we all are.

Attn: Acknowledge Dept.: Thank You Lord!

"Thank you Lord, for giving me the ability to share this message and for giving me so many wonderful people to share it with."

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #486 on: August 06, 2008, 04:20:40 AM »
  • Publish
  • Tess was a precocious eight year old when she heard her Mom and Dad talking about her little brother, Andrew. All she knew was that he was very sick and they were completely out of money. They were moving to an apartment complex next month because Daddy didn't have the money for the doctor bills and our house. Only a very costly surgery could save him now and it was looking like there was no-one to loan them the money. She heard Daddy say to her tearful Mother with whispered desperation, "Only a miracle can save him now."

Tess went to her bedroom and pulled a glass jelly jar from its hiding place in the closet. She poured all the change out on the floor and counted it carefully. Three times, even. The total had to be exactly perfect. No chance here for mistakes. Carefully placing the coins back in the jar and twisting on the cap, she slipped out the back door and made her way 6 blocks to Rexall's Drug Store with the big red Indian Chief sign above the door. She waited patiently for the pharmacist to give her some attention but he was too busy at this moment. Tess twisted her feet to make a scuffing noise. Nothing. She cleared her throat with the most disgusting sound she could muster. No good.
    Finally she took a quarter from her jar and banged it on the glass counter. That did it!
    "And what do you want?" the pharmacist asked in an annoyed tone of voice. "I'm talking to my brother from Chicago whom I haven't seen in ages," he said without waiting for a reply to his question.
    "Well, I want to talk to you about my brother," Tess answered back in the same annoyed tone. "He's really, really sick... and I want to buy a miracle."
    "I beg your pardon?" said the pharmacist.
    "His name is Andrew and he has something bad growing inside his head and my Daddy says only a miracle can save him now. So how much does a miracle cost?"
    "We don't sell miracles here, little girl. I'm sorry but I can't help you," the pharmacist said, softening a little. "Listen, I have the money to pay for it. If it isn't enough, I will get the rest. Just tell me how much it costs."
    The pharmacist's brother was a well dressed man. He stooped down and asked the little girl, "What kind of a miracle does you brother need?"
    "I don't know," Tess replied with her eyes welling up. "I just know he's really sick and Mommy says he needs an operation. But my Daddy can't pay for it, so I want to use my money."
    "How much do you have?" asked the man from Chicago. "One dollar and eleven cents," Tess answered barely audibly. "And it's all the money I have, but I can get some more if I need to.
    "Well, what a coincidence," smiled the man. "A dollar and eleven cents - the exact price of a miracle for little brothers." He took her money in one hand and with the other hand he grasped her mitten and said, "Take me to where you live. I want to see your brother and meet your parents. Let's see if I have the kind of miracle you need."

That well dressed man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon, specialising in neuro-surgery. The operation was completed without charge and it wasn't long until Andrew was home again and doing well. Mom and Dad were happily talking about the chain of events that had led them to this place.
    "That surgery," her Mom whispered. "was a real miracle. I wonder how much it would have cost?"
    Tess smiled. She knew exactly how much a miracle cost... one dollar and eleven cents ...... plus the faith of a little child.

A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but the operation of a higher law......

------Baba Farid

Offline tana

• Blessings 139
    • ~सांई~~ੴ~~सांई~
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #487 on: August 13, 2008, 12:53:25 AM »
  • Publish
  • Om Sai Ram~~~

Spread what is good~~~

The good and the evil- both live together. Sometimes it is difficult to separate the good from the evil. It is our duty to speak well, hear well and think well. We should spread what is good all around us. We should also try and see that the evil does not grow. And if it grows it should not spread. And if it spreads it must be killed.

Once a saint was moving around with his disciples from village to village. They were spreading God's messages. They were spreading knowledge among the common people. After a long time they reached a village full of thieves and other bad men. They did not honour the saint. They did not give food or drink to them. They were not prepared even to listen to the saint's teachings.

While leaving the village the saint said:
    "O Lord! Keep this village this way."

The disciples of the saint were very surprised at this. They thought that he would not wish well for the village. But they did not ask him any question.
    After some time they reached another village. The villagers welcomed them happily. They were gentle and well-behaved. They were also honest and truthful. They gave them good food and drink and treated them well. They listened to Saint's advice with attention. Finally, they promised the said that they would follow his advice in life.

The saint was very pleased with them. Before leaving the village he prayed to God:"O Lord! May this village be destroyed very soon ! And the villagers be forced to spread in all directions!"

The disciples were very surprised now. They asked the saint:
    "O Teacher ! You did not wish evil for the villagers, who were bad. Then, how is it that you are curse this village of the noble and the good?"

The saint smiled and then said :
    "Didn't you learn the moral? When I left this village which was full of good men I prayed to God so that the noble villagers spread all over the world and teach others to be good and noble. That way the good can be spread. And when we left the village full of evil men, I prayed that this village stayed that way. In this way the evil would live in that village only and it will not spread."

The disciples then understood the message and followed him happily.

Moral : Spread What is Good, Kill What is Evil~~~

Jai Sai Ram~~~
    "लोका समस्ता सुखिनो भवन्तुः
    ॐ शन्तिः शन्तिः शन्तिः"

" Loka Samasta Sukino Bhavantu
    Aum ShantiH ShantiH ShantiH"~~~

May all the worlds be happy. May all the beings be happy.
    May none suffer from grief or sorrow. May peace be to all~~~

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    Re: STORY OF THE DAY------------Lesson Of Life
    « Reply #488 on: August 19, 2008, 02:18:13 AM »
  • Publish
  • Wishing to encourage her young son's progress on the piano, a mother took her boy to a Paderewski concert.

After they were seated, the mother spotted a friend in the audience and walked down the aisle to greet her. Seizing the opportunity to explore the wonders of the concert hall, the little boy rose and eventually explored his way through a door marked "NO ADMITTANCE."

When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, the mother returned to her seat and discovered that the child was missing. Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage. In horror, the mother saw her little boy sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to the piano and whispered in the boy's ear, "Don't quit. Keep playing." Then, leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling in the bass part. Soon his right arm reached around to the other side of the child and he added a running obbligato.

Together, the old master and the young novice transformed a frightening situation into a wonderfully creative, experience. And the audience was mesmerized.

The lesson: Whatever our situation in life and history -- however outrageous, however desperate, whatever dry spell of the spirit, whatever dark night of the soul -- God is whispering deep within our beings, "Don't quit. Keep playing.

You are not alone. Together we will transform the broken patterns into a masterwork of My creative art.

Together, we will mesmerize the world."

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #489 on: August 30, 2008, 03:17:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • As three travelers crossed the mountains of the Himalaya, they discussed the importance of putting into practice everything they had learned on a spiritual plane. They we so engrossed in their conversation that it was only late at night that they realized that all they had with them was a piece of bread.

They decided not to discuss who deserved to eat it; since they were pious men, they left the decision in the hands of the gods. They prayed that, during the night, a superior spirit should indicate who should receive the food.

The following morning, the three men rose together at sunrise.

"This is my dream," said the first traveler. "I was taken to places I had never visited before, and enjoyed the sort of peace and harmony I have sought in vain during my entire life on earth. In the midst of this paradise, a wise man with a long beard said to me: "you are my chosen one, you never sought pleasure, always renounced all things. And, in order to prove my allegiance to you, I should like you to try a piece of bread."

"That very strange," said the second traveler. "For in my dream, I saw my past of sanctity and my future as a master. As I gazed at that which is to come, I found a man of great wisdom, saying: "You are in greater need of food than your friends, for you shall have to lead many people, and will require strength and energy."

Then the third traveler said:

"In my dream I saw nothing, went nowhere, and found no wise men. However, at a certain hour during the night, I suddenly woke up. And I ate the bread."

The other two were furious:

"And why didn't you call us before making such a personal decision?"

"How could I? You were both so far away, finding masters and having such holy visions! Yesterday we discussed the importance of putting into practice that which we learn on a spiritual plane. In my case, God acted quickly, and had me awake dying of hunger!"

---contributed by Mohammed Gwath Shattari

------Baba Farid

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #490 on: November 18, 2008, 08:54:02 AM »
  • Publish
  • जय सांई राम।।।

We are entitled to our own space. If for some reason, we are denied it, we have the ability to design our inner space, create our own sky, lush gardens of fragrance with colourful birds that chirp songs dear to our heart and take flight into realms of imagination.But how authentic are our birds and skies if we are not in tune with ourselves? And do we have the ability to spread the goodness of fragrance?

A flower is most perceptive for it is endowed with sensiti-vity to absorb the most brilliant part of nature and reproduce it in its tender petals. It has the ability to imbibe the finest of fragrance and distribute it to the winds that carry it far and beyond. A flower has the ability to share the sweet perfume collected patiently, drop by drop, over time. Why can't we shed debris and burden of a cumbersome past to assimilate the best that nature has to offer, like a stunning rose or lotus do? By bragging about our species' superiority, we have unwittingly limited our growth by undermining all other, much more rewarding and potent possibilities that lie within our reach. Our deep-rooted conditioning devises our fate.

We always have enough excuses to justify our wrongs because the 'rights' are difficult to come by, involving too much effort and a high degree of integrity. We look for an easy way out. Unhealthy compromises have become the norm, be it at work or in relationships, compromises that often camouflage our uncertainties and inferiority complexes, making us feel like inflated superstars. Selfishness, greed for money, name and fame lead us to a dangerous alley that is depressing and dark. We are mostly groping, slouching individuals who refuse to look at our own intimidating reflections having skilfully pre-painted our larger-than-life images on mirrors in garish colours that cannot reflect our true identity. We hide our ugliness and lethargy behind an unworthy hope that we chase aimlessly, running in circles to the rhythm of deafening, dying songs that drown our inner voice.Nature offers us grace, balance, rhythm, song, understanding, compassion, even Bodhic enlightenment.

Then why separate ourselves from the very source of our existence? In order to gain power? Control? To use and abuse? Why can't we be tender like flowers? Why can't humans spread frag-rance and make this world a heaven? Get inspired by sunrise or sunset, floating clouds, the purity of blue sky, swaying green trees and innocent smiles of infants. We are running and struggling against our own flow, fighting a losing battle, feeling dissatisfied, and all in the name of so-called success. Let us first recognise ourselves, explore treasures within. For nature has endowed each one of us with something special, something unique and often exceptionally beautiful.

By all means, let us run the race but, with our own, individual inner self, challenging our own potential, honing our own skills, in tune with our own inner, peaceful self. Then we stand a good chance of becoming flowers and genuinely creative in all our relationships. "It does not matter whether you are a rose or a lotus or a marigold, what matters is the flowering... let your fragrance spread all over!"

अपना सांई प्यारा सांई सबसे न्यारा अपना सांई

ॐ सांई राम।।।

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #491 on: December 21, 2008, 07:26:06 AM »
  • Publish
  • जय सांई राम।।।

Programme Yourself For Mind Management

In every difficulty there is an opportunity. Life is really a choice... to be either wise, not wise or otherwise.

A wise king wanted advice about what to do when he faced a real crisis in his life. He met his master. The master gave him a locket and told him to open it only when he was in difficulty. After some years he was defeated in a battle and he lost his kingdom.

He was worried and was hiding in a cave. He suddenly remembered what his master had told him. He opened the locket and there he found a note, “even this will pass”, and a second note which said, “if one door closes another door opens”.

He gained strength from this piece of advice and after a month won his kingdom back. He went to his master and thanked him and asked a question: “Why does the door close?” “The door is always open, your mind is closed,” replied the master.

There are two types of worlds we live in. The visible world and the invisible world. The outer world and the inner world. Our body is in this outer space but our mind is in another space. Just as our body gets dirty if one is in a dirty space our inner self, our mind, gets dirty if we visit dirty areas in the inner world.

If one broods over worry, dislike, anger, jealousy, then our mind is polluted. With such pollution you find the outer world a pain. The real pain is when our mind lives in negativity.

What type of world are we in? This is what one should really be aware of. Where are we placed psychologically is what we have to watch for. One believes that the outer world is the real world and not the inner world of mind.

For example, you are very happy that you are invited to a party where celebrities are attending. Then you see them beautifully dressed. You may feel bad that you are not as rich as they are, you may feel bad that you are not a celebrity. Now tell me, what has impacted your life directly... the outer world or the inner world. The inner world, is it not? So watch that very carefully in your life.

When you don’t watch the mind, what happens? A negative system is created. When you dwell on the negative, your pattern of anger, your pattern of justifying, your pattern of jealousy, creates a negative system. Then the negative system takes over and you lose control of yourself.

It is as though you have installed a programme in your computer and when you open the computer, that particular programme opens up. Then you get angry with the computer. What you have to realise is that it is not the computer that is the source of the problem, it is how you have programmed it, is the problem.

Each time you are negative, watch how you have programmed yourself.

When the world outside is singing and dancing, in the morning sunrise and evening sunset, in the twinkling of the stars and the dancing wind, you feel negative and sick... for it is like mixing bread with mud. Hence don’t create a negative system around you.

ॐ सांई राम।।।

Offline dee

• Blessings 16
      • myspace sai om sai
    « Reply #492 on: December 21, 2008, 10:13:07 PM »
  • Publish
  • As inspiring as ever sir..
    SAIOMSAI
    Hope we children get to read more and more from you Ramesh sir
    ~SAI Baba YOU ARE OUR INSPIRATION~~BABA IS PERFECT~
    ~SHRADDHA SABURI~Are Like Two Twin Sisters!!
    ALLAH MALIK~SABKA MALIK EK~Bow To Shri Sai Peace be to All

Shirdi Sai Baba On http://forum.spiritualindia.org/index.php
    :-* Sai-Dwarkamai

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #493 on: December 22, 2008, 06:32:50 AM »
  • Publish
  • जय सांई राम।।।

Just Live

A professor of logic went to a toy shop with his small child aged five years and his wife, who was also very educated, very cultured, and they were looking for a new toy for the child for his birthday. They came across a very puzzling jigsaw puzzle. The father, himself a logician, tried to solve it. He did everything that he could but there seemed to be no possibility of solving it. He started perspiring, because people had gathered in the shop -- and a professor of logic cannot solve a simple jigsaw puzzle which is meant to be solved by children! The wife also helped. Only the child enjoyed the whole game because he was not interested in solving it.

He was suggesting: Do this and that -- and he was the only one who was not troubled.

And then the logician asked the shopowner: What is the matter? If I cannot fit this puzzle together how do you expect that a child of five years will be able to fix it?

The shopowner started laughing, a mad laugh, he said: It is not meant to be solved, this toy is not meant to be solved. This is just to introduce the child to the modern world, to modern life: whatsoever you do, you cannot solve it. It has been made with a specific purpose -- that it cannot be solved!

Life has been made with a specific purpose: that it is purposeless, that it is not something to be solved but something to be lived, enjoyed. You can celebrate it. You can dance it. You can sing it. Millions of possibilities of what to do with life are there, but please, never try to solve it, otherwise you have taken a wrong step. And then never in your life will you again be in step with life.

Who told you that this is a problem -- these trees, this sky, the clouds, the sand, the sea -- who told you that these are problems to be solved? But, the mind wants challenges, something to fight with. Even if there is no problem it creates ghost-problems to solve. By solving them it feels good; ego is enhanced, fulfilled, you have conquered something.

This is the basic standpoint of religion -- that life has to be lived.

ॐ सांई राम।।।

Offline veena R

• Blessings 0
    • om shree sainathaya namaha!!!
    « Reply #494 on: June 20, 2009, 10:04:36 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

Thanks Ramesh ji...... all those stories are wonderful,rich n inspiring..
    we miss u..

om sai ram
    om sai ram
    om sai ram

Facebook Comments