Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: STORY OF THE DAY  (Read 136820 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Re: STORY OF THE DAY- Fern And The Bamboo
« Reply #495 on: June 28, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »
  • Publish
  • One day I decided to quit…I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality…. I wanted to quit my life. I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.

“God”, I said. “Can you give me one good reason not to quit?”

His answer surprised me.

“Look around”, He said. “Do you see the fern and the bamboo?”

“Yes”, I replied.

“When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The fern quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor. Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.

In the second year the fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. And again, nothing came from the
    bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.

“In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit. The same in year four.

“Then in the fifth year, a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the fern, it was seemingly small and insignificant.

But just six months later, the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall. It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive. I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle.

“Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots? I would not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you.

“Don’t compare yourself to others.” He said. “The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern. Yet they both make the forest beautiful.

“Your time will come”, God said to me. “You will rise high”

“How high should I rise?” I asked.

“How high will the bamboo rise?” He asked in return.

“As high as it can?” I questioned

“Yes.” He said, “Give me glory by rising as high as you can.”

I left the forest, realizing that God will never give up on me. And He will never give up on you.

Never regret a day in your life.

Good days give you happiness; bad days give you experiences; both are essential to life.

JAISAIRAM

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    Re: STORY OF THE DAY
    « Reply #496 on: July 18, 2009, 08:20:32 AM »
  • Publish
  • A young boy left his home in search of truth. He met many people; he became richer in awareness of his ignorance. Since people went to forests to meditate, he too went to a thick forest. He did not know how to meditate. So he screamed at the forest to give him knowledge. For years his only mantra was screaming at the forest to give him knowledge. He believed that if you are committed, existence will help you.

One day, a monk came to him. He asked: “What do you want, my son?” “I want to know what the meaning of life is,” he replied. “Go to the town. The first three persons that you meet will give you the meaning of life,” the monk replied.

The boy went to the town. The first man he met was doing carpentry work. The next man he met was doing sheet metal work. The third man he met was making strings. Disappointed, he sat on the bank of a river. Suddenly, he heard the sweet strains of violin music. Something mysterious touched him. He suddenly got the answer he was looking for and he started dancing.

The carpenter was preparing the wood for the violin. The sheet metal worker was preparing metal for the strings and the strings were meant for the violin. Life has everything; all you need is to be able to connect the dots. You need to work out new combinations. And for that you need creative perception...

You have to change the notion that difficulty is pain. In exercise, there is difficulty but also joy. In sports, there is difficulty but there is joy. In your relationships, when there is difficulty, treat it as joy. Just reprogramme your mind.

In prayer you don’t have to do anything; just be available to God’s grace. Prayer is a deep readiness to receive God’s flow. It is passive alertness. Go deep and you discover your original mind… it is deep passiveness. A greedy mind is richer than a Buddha, but rich with desires and greed; so a Buddha is ‘poorer’ than you are. The Bible says: “Blessed are the poor for theirs is the kingdom of God.”

When someone asked Buddha what he attained through his enlightenment, he said: “I did not gain but I lost. I lost my ignorance, my dreams, my dogmas, my likes and dislikes, my ambitions.”

You can live in two ways – mechanical or meditative. The meditative way involves you being more aware; that awareness is passive alertness. When you are passively alert, you will realise that you are born free; you are not condemned to be not free. You have choices and that is your freedom. When there is no freedom there are no choices.

Be more meditative and you will make the right choices that will make you grow rather than feel trapped. Substance abuse is a bad choice. This is a mechanical way of living. But the choice is before you.

If you choose wisely you are in paradise. When you are eating, meditatively eat. Then eating will be a paradise. Totally be in your eating. When you take a bath, be total in taking your bath and a different paradise opens up. Next, bring in love energy into whatever you do… feel your inner being.

With the energy of silence, be total. You realise that you will be a moving heaven rather than a moving hell.

अपना साँई प्यारा साँई सबसे न्यारा अपना साँई - रमेश रमनानी

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    Dear Ramesh ji, SaiRam -Welcome back
    « Reply #497 on: July 18, 2009, 05:39:26 PM »
  • Publish
  • SaiRam Ramesh ji,  :)

WELCOME BACK. :)

We all missed you very much. ;)

Sai bless you. :)

JaiSaiRam

SubhaSrini ;D
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline 4urblessings

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #498 on: August 07, 2009, 10:32:37 AM »
  • Publish
  • Interview with God

I dreamed I had an interview with God.

"Come in," God said. "So, you would like to interview Me?"

"If you have the time," I said.

God smiled and said "My time is eternity. It is enough to do everything. What questions do you have in mind to ask me?"

I asked, "What surprises you most about mankind?"

God thought for a few moments and then answered "That they get bored of being children, are in a rush to grow up, and then long to be children again.

That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health.

That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live neither for the present nor the future.

That they live as if they will never die, and they die as if they had never lived"

God placed my hands in His and we were silent for while. Then I asked,

"As a parent, what are some of life's lessons you want your children to learn?"

God replied with a smile "To learn that they cannot make anyone love them. What they can do is to let themselves be loved.

To learn that what is most valuable is not what they have in their lives, but whom they have in their lives.

To learn that it is not good to compare themselves to others. All will be judged individually on their own merits, not as a group on a comparison basis.

To learn that a rich person is not the one who has the most, but is one who needs the least.

To learn that it only takes a few seconds to open profound wounds in persons we love, and that it takes many years to heal them.

To learn to forgive by practicing forgiveness. To learn that there are persons that love them dearly, but simply do not know how to express or show their feelings.

To learn that money can buy everything but happiness.

To learn that two people can look at the same thing and see it totally differently.

To learn that a true friend is someone who knows everything about them... and likes them anyway.

To learn that it is not always enough that they be forgiven by others, but that they have to forgive themselves."

I sat there for awhile enjoying my visit with God.

I thanked Him for His time and for all that He has done for my family and me.

He replied, "Anytime. I'm here 24 hours a day. All you have to do is ask for me, and I'll answer."

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #499 on: August 08, 2009, 08:47:24 AM »
  • Publish
  • Have you noticed small children? The father holds the hand of the child and takes him to the market. The father keeps on holding his hand but the child attempts to free his hand because he wants to become independent, he wants to walk by himself. The father wants to hold onto the hand of the child, but the child wants to free his hand so that he can run by himself.

Man also behaves like this. The divine is holding his hand, otherwise man cannot even live. How are we going to breathe if existence does not breathe through us? How shall we live if existence does not throb in us? But we try to stand on our own feet. Ego always tries to stand on its own feet without the support of anyone else. It seems very insulting to ask for someone's help. It looks pitiable to ask for someone's support. That is why, as the ego of man goes on increasing, worship and prayer are disappearing.

Have you ever noticed that when you bow down in the temple you feel a little uncomfortable? You are afraid that someone may see you bowing down. You kneel down, you fold your hands, but at the same time you make sure that no one is looking at you, because people will say, "You are kneeling down, you are bowing down," and it will hurt your ego.

People have become afraid of bowing down. It is very unfortunate, because whatever is great in life can be attained only by bowing down. It is just like your being thirsty and you are standing in the river but you are not bending down.

Offline sagarika

• Blessings 5
    « Reply #500 on: December 04, 2009, 01:52:34 AM »
  • Publish
  • omsairam.

Dear subhasrini ji, Ramesh ji and all

all the stories are awesome, superb.... every story teaches something..

thank u so much for sharing these wonderful lessons..... these stories gives me lot of peace of mind whenever i read it... iam learning many things :)

baba bless you :)

omsairam
    " Nothing comes easy; what comes easy means nothing and what comes hard means something."

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #501 on: December 05, 2009, 11:19:07 PM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks for the compliments and your liking Sagarika Dear...Wherever I find good readable material I post here for my brothers and sisters...

A king dreams in the night that a dark shadow is putting her hand on his shoulder. He looks back. He is horrified. It is just a dark shadow, but the shadow speaks and says, "There is no need to be worried. I have just come to inform you -- it is not routine; you are a great king; it is an exception -- otherwise I never come to inform anybody. I come without any information."

The king said, "But who are you?"

The dark shadow laughed and said, "I am your death, and be prepared. Tomorrow, as the sun will be setting, I am going to come to you."

Naturally, this nightmare woke him up. Even after he was awake, knowing well that it was only a dream, he was trembling and perspiring. And his heart was beating so loudly he could hear it himself. He immediately called the council of all his wise men, and particularly the royal astrologers, prophets, and told them the dream. He asked them the meaning of it -- is it true that death is going to happen? The astrologers may be able to figure it out.

The wise men, the philosophers, the astrologers, the prophets, all started arguing about the dream. Perhaps it was the first dream analysis! But they could not come to any conclusion, just as they cannot come to any conclusion today. All the dream analysts, the so-called psychoanalysts, differ in their interpretations. You take the same dream to all and you will get different conclusions about the dream. You will be more confused than ever.

And so was the situation of the king from the middle of the night till the morning; he became more and more confused because everybody was saying something different. And when the sun started rising, the old man who used to serve the king... He was not only a servant, he had helped the king from his very childhood. He had taken care of him, because his mother had died and his father had appointed the man to take care of the child because he was his most trustworthy bodyguard. So the king respected him almost like his father.

The old man said, whispered in his ear, "These great thinkers and philosophers and astrologers have argued for centuries and they have never come to any conclusion; do you think they will come to any conclusion within twelve hours? Forget it; that is not possible. These are the people who know only how to argue; they never come to any conclusion. They argue well but the question is not the beauty of the argument, the question is what is the conclusion of all your philosophies? There is no conclusion at all. No two philosophers agree with each other."

The king asked him, "Then what do you propose?"

He said, "My understanding is let them discuss; there is no harm. But you take our fastest horse and get away as far as possible from the palace. It is dangerous to be at this place, for at least the coming twelve hours. After the sun has set, you can start turning back, but not before that." It looked practical. The old man said, "These people can go on arguing; there is no need to stop them. If they come to any conclusion, I will follow you immediately. The best way is towards Damascus, another capital of another kingdom. So I will know where to find you, to give you their conclusion. I will come behind you."

The king was convinced by the old man. He left all those great philosophers discussing, and slipped quietly out of the palace with the best horse he had. The whole day the horse was running as fast as possible. They did not stop to eat or even to drink water. It was not a time to think of water or food. And the horse seemed to be in a certain understanding that it was a very critical moment for his master.

They reached near Damascus, just outside the city, as the sun was setting. They stopped in a mango grove and as he was tying the horse to a tree, he patted it and he said, "You prove to be a great friend. You have never run so fast before; you must have understood my situation. And we have come hundreds of miles away."

As the sun was setting he immediately felt the same hand on his shoulder from behind. The shadow was there and said, "I also have to thank your horse. I was worried whether you would be able to reach this place at the right time or not. That's why I had come to inform you. This is the place destined for your death, and your horse has brought you right on time."

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #502 on: January 20, 2011, 01:49:56 PM »
  • Publish
  • True Touching Story to Humble Ourselves

I was parked in front of the mall wiping off my car. I had just come from the car wash and was waiting for my husband to get out of work.

Coming my way from across the parking lot was what society would
    consider a bum. From the looks of him, he had no car, no home, no clean clothes, and no money. There are times when you feel generous but there are other times that you just don't want to be bothered. This was one of those "don't want to be bothered times."

"I hope he doesn't ask me for any money," I thought. He didn't. He came and sat on the curb in front of the bus stop but he didn't look like he could have enough money to even ride the bus.

After a few minutes he spoke. "That's a very pretty car," he said.

I said, "thanks," and continued wiping off my car. He sat there quietly as I worked. The expected plea for money never came.

As the silence between us widened something inside said, "ask him if he needs any help." I was sure that he would say "yes" but I held true to the inner voice.

"Do you need any help?" I asked.

He answered in three simple but profound words that I shall never forget.

I expected nothing but an outstretched grimy hand. He spoke the three words that shook me.

"Don't we all?" he said.

I was feeling high and mighty, successful and important, above a bum in the street, until those three words hit me like a twelve gauge shotgun.

Don't we all?

I needed help. Maybe not for bus fare or a place to sleep, but I
    needed help. I reached in my wallet and gave him not only enough for bus fare, but enough to get a warm meal and shelter for the day.

We often look for wisdom in great men and women. We expect it from
    those of higher learning and accomplishments.

No matter how much you have, no matter how much you have accomplished, you need help too.

No matter how little you have, no matter how loaded you are with problems, even without money or a place to sleep, you can give help.

Even if it's just a compliment, you can give that.

Maybe the man was just a homeless stranger wandering the streets. Maybe he was more than that......

JaiSaiRam  ;D

Offline Pratap Nr.Mishra

• Blessings 4
    • राम भी तू रहीम भी तू तू ही ईशु नानक भी तू

अकबर और बीरबल : इस दुनिया में सबसे अधिक मूर्ख किस देश में रहते हैं.”

स्रोत :  जागरण जंक्सन

बादशाह अकबर का दरबार लगा हुआ था. सारे दरबारी अपने अपने काम में व्यस्त थे कि अकबर ने बीरबल की तरफ देखते हुये कहा, “बीरबल कई दिनों से एक सवाल मुझे काफ़ी परेशान किये जा रहा है. शायद तुम्हारे पास इस सवाल का कोई जवाब हो.”

बीरबल ने सर झुका कर कहा, “हुज़ूर आप अपना सवाल पूछिये. मैं पूरी कोशिश करूँगा आपके सवाल का वाज़िब जवाब देने की.”

अकबर ने कहा, “बीरबल मुझे ये मालुम करना है कि इस दुनिया में सबसे अधिक मूर्ख किस देश में रहते हैं.”

बीरबल ने कुछ देर सोचा और कहा, “हुज़ूर इस सवाल का जवाब ढूँढने के लिये मुझे संसार के सारे देशों में घूम घूम कर वहाँ के लोगों के बारे में जानकारी लेनी होगी, और ये यात्रा पूरी करने में मुझे कम से कम तीन साल तो लग ही जायेगा.”

अकबर ने तुरंत जवाब दिया, “ठीक है मैं तुम्हें दो साल की मोहलत देता हूँ. आज से ठीक दो साल के बाद यहाँ आकर सारे दरबार के सामने अपना जवाब देना.”

बीरबल ने अदब से सर झुका कर कहा, “तो फिर जहाँपनाह मुझे इज़ाज़त दें, मैं घर जा कर अपनी यात्रा की तैयारी करता हूँ.” ये कह कर बीरबल ने दरबार से विदा ली.

बीरबल को गये हुये पूरे तीन हफ्ते गुज़र गये थे और अकबर को बीरबल के बिना दरबार में सूनापन महसूस होने लगा. बादशाह सलामत आँख मूँद कर ये सोचने लगे कि बीरबल न जाने इस समय किस देश में होगा कि अचानक दरबार में होने वाली खुसर पुसर ने उनकी आँखें खोल दीं – और, अकबर ने अपने सामने बीरबल को हाथ जोड़े खड़ा पाया.

अकबर ने अचंभित हो कर पूछा, “अरे बीरबल तुम इतनी जल्दी कैसे वापस आ गये? और, मेरे सवाल के जवाब का क्या हुआ?”

बीरबल ने कहा, “हुज़ूर मुझे आपके सवाल का जवाब मिल गया है और इसी लिये मैं वापस आ गया हूँ.”

“तो फिर बताओ तुम्हारा जवाब क्या है?” अकबर ने अधीरतापूर्वक पूछा.

बीरबल ने विनती की, “हुज़ूर पहले वचन दीजिये कि मेरा जवाब सुन कर आप मुझे किसी भी तरह का दंड नहीं दीजियेगा.”

“ठीक है मैं वचन देता हूँ. अब तो बताओ तुम्हारा जवाब क्या है?”, अकबर ने कहा.

बीरबल ने सर झुका कर उत्तर दिया, “सरकार दुनिया में सबसे ज्यादा मूर्ख हमारे ही देश हिन्दुस्तान में रहते हैं.”

“पर बीरबल बिना किसी और देश गये सिर्फ़ तीन हफ्तों में तुमने ये कैसे जान लिया कि हिन्दुस्तान में सबसे ज्यादा मूर्ख रहते हैं?” अकबर ने खीजते हुये पूछा.

“हुज़ूर मैं विस्तार से आपको बताता हूँ कि पिछले तीन हफ्तों में मैंने क्या क्या देखा. और, मैंने जो कुछ भी देखा उसी के आधार पर आपके सवाल का जवाब दिया है.”, ये कहते हुये बीरबल ने अपनी पिछले तीन हफ्तों की दास्तान बयान करनी शुरू कर दी.

उस दिन दरबार से जाने के बाद मैं सीधा घर गया और बोरी बिस्तर बाँध कर अगले दिन सुबह सुबह ही विश्व भ्रमण के लिये निकल पड़ा. दो दिन की घुड़सवारी के बाद एक छोटे से नगर में पहुँचा तो देखा कि गुस्से से तमतमाते हुये लोगों की एक भीड़ सड़क पर खड़े वाहनों को आग लगा रही थी और साथ ही साथ ईंटे पत्थर मार कर दुकानों को तोड़ने में लगी हुई थी. मैंने भीड़ में से एक युवक को कोने में खींच कर पूछा कि ये सब क्यों किया जा रहा है. पता चला कि नगर के पीने के पानी वाले कुयें में एक चूहा पाया गया है – बस नागरिकों को आ गया गुस्सा. पहले तो नगर अधिकारी की जम के पिटाई की और फिर तोड़ फ़ोड़ में लग गये. मैंने पूछा कि अखिर चूहे को कुयें में से निकाला किसने – तो जवाब मिला कि चूहा तो अभी भी उसी कुयें में मरा पड़ा है और उसे निकालना तो सरकार का काम है. खैर मैंने गुस्से से लाल पीली भीड़ को समझाने की कोशिश की कि इस तोड़ फ़ोड़ से तो उनको ही नुकसान होगा. अगर सारे वाहन जला दिये तो क्या गधे पर बैठ कर जगह जगह जायेंगे? दुकानें और दुकानों में रखा सामान तुम्हारे जैसे नागरिकों की ही सम्पत्ति है – उसे जलाने से आखिर नुकसान किसका होगा. ये सुनना था कि सारी भीड़ ये चिल्लाते हुये कि मैं एक निकम्मा सरकारी जासूस हूँ मेरी तरफ डंडे ले कर दौड़ पड़ी. सरकार मैं किसी तरह जान बचा कर भागा और पास की ही एक सराय में जा कर छुप गया.

पूरी रात सराय में बिता कर मैं अगले दिन सूरज निकलने से पहले ही आगे के लिये निकल पड़ा. अगले पाँच सात दिन बड़े चैन से गुजरे – कोई बड़ा हादसा भी नहीं हुआ. दो हफ्ते पूरे होने को आये थे और मैं अब तक पिछले नगर की घटना को थोड़ा थोड़ा भूल भी चुका था. पर हुज़ूर-ए-आला अगले दिन जो मैंने देखा वैसा नज़ारा तो शायद नरक में भी देखने को नहीं मिलेगा. शहर की सड़कें खून से लाल थीं, चारों तरफ बच्चों, आदमियों, औरतों, बकरियों और तकरीबन हर चलने फ़िरने वाली चीज़ों की लाशें पड़ी हुई थीं. इमारतें आग में जल रहीं थी. मैंने सड़क के कोने में सहमे से बैठे हुये एक बूढ़े से पूछा कि क्या किसी दुश्मन की फौज ने आ कर ये कहर ढा दिया है. बूढ़े ने आँसू पोंछते हुये बताया शहर में हिन्दू और मुसलमानों के बीच दंगा हो गया और बस मार काट शुरू हो गयी. मैंने विचलित आवाज़ में पूछा कि दंगा शुरू कैसे हुआ. पता चला कि एक आवारा सुअर दौड़ते दौड़ते एक मस्जिद में घुस गया – किसी ने चिल्ला कर कह दिया कि ये किसी हिन्दू की ही करतूत होगी. बस दोनों गुटों के बीच तलवारें तन गयीं और जो भी सामने आया अपने मजहब के लिये कुर्बान हो गया. मुझसे वो सब देखा नहीं गया और मैं घोड़ा तेजी से दौड़ाते हुये उस शहर से कोसों दूर निकल गया.

तीसरा हफ्ता शुरू हो गया था और मैं भगवान से मना रहा था कि हिन्दुस्तान की सीमा पार होने से पहले मुझे अब कोई और बेवकूफी भरा नजारा देखने को न मिले. पर जहाँपनाह शायद ऊपर वाले को इतनी नीचे से कही गयी फरियाद सुनाई नहीं दी. अगले दिन जब मैं मूढ़गढ़ पहुँचा तो क्या देखता हूँ कि युवकों की एक टोली कुछ खास लोगों को चुन चुन कर पीट रही है. मैं एक घायल को ले कर जब चिकित्सालय गया तो पता चला कि सारे चिकित्सक हड़ताल पर हैं और किसी भी मरीज़ को नहीं देखेंगे. खैर मैं उस घायल को चिकित्सालय में ही छोड़ कर बाजार की तरफ चल पड़ा जरूरत का कुछ सामान खरीदने के लिये. बाजार पहुँचा तो पाया कि सारी दुकानें बंद हैं. और, कुछ एक जो खुली हैं उनके दुकानदार अपनी टूटी हुई टाँगो को पकड़ कर अपनी दुकानों को लुटता हुआ देख रहे हैं – पता चला कि वो लोग बंद में हिस्सा न लेने की सज़ा भुगत रहे हैं. सारी स्तिथि से मुझे एक नौजवान ने अवगत कराया जो कि उस समय एक दूसरे युवक की पिटाई करने में जुटा हुआ था. उसने बताया कि जहाँपनाह अकबर ने दो दिन पहले घोषणा की कि अस्सी फीसदी सरकारी नौकरियाँ पिछड़ी जाति के लोगों को ही दी जायेंगी. उसी के विरोध में पिछड़ी जाति के युवकों की पिटाई की जा रही है और पूरे नगर में सब हड़ताल पर हैं. मैंने उस युवक से कहा कि इन पिछड़ी जाति के युवकों को पीट कर तुमको क्या मिलेगा – अरे पीटना ही है तो उसे पीटो जिसने ऐसी घोषणा की. और, हड़ताल और बंद करने से तो हम जैसे साधारण नागरिकों को ही तकलीफ़ उठानी पड़ती है. मेरी बातों को अनसुना कर के वो एक खुली हुई दुकान की तरफ लाठी ले कर दौड़ पड़ा.

हुज़ूर मैंने मन ही मन सोचा कि यहाँ के नागरिक तो मूर्ख हैं ही, पर यहाँ का शाशक तो महा मूर्ख है जिसके दिमाग में इस तरह का वाहयात खयाल आया. बस सरकार मैंने आगे जाना व्यर्थ समझा – मुझे आपके सवाल का जवाब मिल चुका था और मैंने वापस आना ही उचित समझा.

बीरबल की व्याख्या सुन कर अकबर थोड़ी देर शाँत रहे, फ़िर मुस्कुराते हुये बीरबल के पास आ कर बोले, “बीरबल तुम्हारा जवाब सुन कर मुझे बहुत बड़ी राहत मिल गयी है.”

बीरबल ने भ्रमित हो कर अकबर की तरफ़ देखते हुये कहा, “हुज़ूर मैं कुछ समझा नहीं.”

अकबर ने खुलासा किया, “बीरबल अगर इस देश के प्राणी इतने मूर्ख न होते तो मैं इन पर शाशन कैसे कर पाता. और जब तक ये मुल्क़ मूर्खों से भरा रहेगा, तब तक हम और हमारी पीढ़ियाँ यहाँ राज करती रहेंगी. जहाँ तक आरक्षण का सवाल है तो तुम क्यों परेशान होते हो. तुम्हारे बच्चों को कौन सी नौकरी करनी है – कल को जहाँगीर बादशाह बनेगा और तुम्हारे बच्चे शान-ओ-शौकत से उसके दरबार में काम करेंगे. आरक्षण करने से मुझको ये फायदा हुआ कि मूर्खों की एक टोली अब मूर्खों की दो टोलियों में बँट गयी है – इन्हें जितना बाँटते जाओगे, शाशन करने में उतनी ही आसानी होगी. बीरबल तुम्हारे जवाब ने मेरे दिल पर से एक काफ़ी बड़ा बोझ हटा दिया है.”

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #504 on: March 20, 2012, 07:08:18 AM »
  • Publish
  • The house with the golden windows

The little girl lived in a small, very simple, poor house on a hill and as she grew she would play in the small garden and as she grew she was able to see over the garden fence and across the valley to a wonderful house high on the hill - and this house had golden windows, so golden and shining that the little girl would dream of how magic it would be to grow up and live in a house with golden windows instead of an ordinary house like hers.

And although she loved her parents and her family, she yearned to live in such a golden house and dreamed all day about how wonderful and exciting it must feel to live there.

When she got to an age where she gained enough skill and sensibility to go outside her garden fence, she asked her mother is she could go for a bike ride outside the gate and down the lane. After pleading with her, her mother finally allowed her to go, insisting that she kept close to the house and didn't wander too far. The day was beautiful and the little girl knew exactly where she was heading! Down the lane and across the valley, she rode her bike until she got to the gate of the golden house across on the other hill.

As she dismounted her bike and lent it against the gate post, she focused on the path that lead to the house and then on the house itself...and was so disappointed as she realised all the windows were plain and rather dirty, reflecting nothing other than the sad neglect of the house that stood derelict.

So sad she didn't go any further and turned, heart broken as she remounted her bike ... As she glanced up she saw a sight to amaze her...there across the way on her side of the valley was a little house and its windows glistened golden ...as the sun shone on her little home.

She realised that she had been living in her golden house and all the love and care she found there was what made her home the 'golden house'. Everything she dreamed was right there in front of her nose!

JaiSairam  ;D

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #505 on: March 21, 2012, 01:16:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • Peace of mind

Once Buddha was walking from one town to another town with a few of his followers. This was in the initial days. While they were travelling, they happened to pass a lake. They stopped there and Buddha told one of his disciples, “I am thirsty. Do get me some water from that lake there.”

The disciple walked up to the lake. When he reached it, he noticed that some people were washing clothes in the water and, right at that moment, a bullock cart started crossing through the lake. As a result, the water became very muddy, very turbid. The disciple thought, “How can I give this muddy water to Buddha to drink!” So he came back and told Buddha, “The water in there is very muddy. I don’t think it is fit to drink.”

After about half an hour, again Buddha asked the same disciple to go back to the lake and get him some water to drink. The disciple obediently went back to the lake. This time he found that the lake had absolutely clear water in it. The mud had settled down and the water above it looked fit to be had. So he collected some water in a pot and brought it to Buddha.

Buddha looked at the water, and then he looked up at the disciple and said, “See what you did to make the water clean. You let it be ... and the mud settled down on its own – and you got clear water... Your mind is also like that. When it is disturbed, just let it be. Give it a little time. It will settle down on its own. You don’t have to put in any effort to calm it down. It will happen. It is effortless.”

What did Buddha emphasize here? He said, “It is effortless.” Having 'peace of mind' is not a strenuous job; it is an effortless process. When there is peace inside you, that peace permeates to the outside. It spreads around you and in the environment, such that people around start feeling that peace and grace.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #506 on: March 24, 2012, 09:02:46 AM »
  • Publish

• The Frogs and the Tower

There once was a bunch of tiny frogs...

... who arranged a running competition. The goal was to reach the top of a very high tower. A big crowd had gathered around the tower to see the race and cheer on the contestants...

The race began...

Honestly, no-one in crowd really believed that the tiny frogs would reach the top of the tower. You heard statements such as:

"Oh, WAY too difficult!!"

"They will NEVER make it to the top".

"Not a chance that they will succeed. The tower is too high!"

The tiny frogs began collapsing. One by one ... Except for those who in a fresh tempo were climbing higher and higher...

The crowd continued to yell

"It is too difficult!!! No one will make it!"

More tiny frogs got tired and gave up...

...But ONE continued higher and higher and higher... This one wouldn't give up!

At the end, everyone else had given up climbing the tower. Except for the one tiny frog who, after a big effort, was the only one who reached the top!

Then, all of the other tiny frogs naturally were wondering how this one frog managed to do it.

A contestant asked the tiny frog: How did you find the strength to reach the goal?

It turned out...

That the winner was deaf!!!
    ;)

JaiSaiRam :)

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    Fruits of Labour (Story on Hard Work)
    « Reply #507 on: April 09, 2012, 02:47:12 PM »
  • Publish
  • Fruits of Labour (Story on Hard Work)

There once lived a rich businessman who had a lazy and fun loving son. The businessman wanted his son to be hard-working and responsible. He wanted him to realize the value of labour. One day he summoned his son and said: "Today, I want you to go out and earn something, failing which you won't have your meals tonight."

The boy was callous and not used to any kind of work. This demand by his father scared him and he went crying straight to his mother. Her heart melted at the sight of tears in her son's eyes. She grew restless. In a bid to help him she gave him a gold coin. In the evening when the father asked his son what he had earned, the son promptly presented him the gold coin. The father then asked him to throw it into a well. The son did as he was told.

The father was a man of wisdom and experience and guessed that the source of the gold coin was the boy's mother. The next day he sent his wife to her parent's town and asked his son to go and earn something with the threat of being denied the night meals if he failed.

This time he went crying to his sister who sympathized with him and gave him a rupee coin out of her own savings. When his father asked him what he had earned the boy tossed the rupee coin at him. The father again asked him to throw it in a well. The son did it quite readily. Again the father's wisdom told him that the rupee coin was not earned by his son. He then sent his daughter to her in-laws' house. He again asked his son to go out and earn with the threat that he shall not have anything for dinner that night.

This time since there was no one to help him out; the son was forced to go to the market in search of work. One of the shopkeepers there told him that he would pay him two rupees if he carried his trunk to his house. The rich man's son could not refuse and was drenched in sweat by the time he finished the job. His feet were trembling and his neck and back were aching. There were rashes on his back. As he returned home and produced the two rupee note before his father and was asked to throw it into the well, the horrified son almost cried out. He could not imagine throwing his hard-earned money like this. He said amid sobbing: "Father! My entire body is aching. My back has rashes and you are asking me to throw the money into the well."

At this the businessman smiled. He told him that one feels the pain only when the fruits of hard labour are wasted. On earlier two occasions he was helped by his mother and sister and therefore had no pain in throwing the coins into the well. The son had now realized the value of hard work. He vowed never to be lazy and safe keep the father's wealth. The father handed over the keys of his shop to the son and promised to guide him through the rest of the life.

Moral of the Story: Some of the life's best lessons come from the hardest situations.

Offline ShAivI

• Members
    • Blessings 56
    • बाबा मुझे अपने ह्र्दय से लगा लो, अपने पास बुला लो।
    « Reply #508 on: April 20, 2012, 03:32:13 AM »
  • Publish
  • ॐ साईं राम !!!

एक बार एक भला आदमी नदी किनारे बैठा था। तभी उसने देखा
    एक बिच्छू पानी में गिर गया है। भले आदमी ने जल्दी से बिच्छू को
    हाथ में उठा लिया। बिच्छू ने उस भले आदमी को डंक मार दिया।
    बेचारे भले आदमी का हाथ काँपा और बिच्छू पानी में गिर गया।

भले आदमी ने बिच्छू को डूबने से बचाने के लिए दुबारा उठा लिया।
    बिच्छू ने दुबारा उस भले आदमी को डंक मार दिया। भले आदमी का हाथ
    दुबारा काँपा और बिच्छू पानी में गिर गया।

भले आदमी ने बिच्छू को डूबने से बचाने के लिए एक बार फिर उठा लिया।
    वहाँ एक लड़का उस आदमी का बार-बार बिच्छू को पानी से निकालना और
    बार-बार बिच्छू का डंक मारना देख रहा था। उसने आदमी से कहा, "आपको
    यह बिच्छू बार-बार डंक मार रहा है फिर भी आप उसे डूबने से क्यों बचाना चाहते हैं?"

भले आदमी ने कहा, "बात यह है बेटा कि बिच्छू का स्वभाव है डंक मारना
    और मेरा स्वभाव है बचाना। जब बिच्छू एक कीड़ा होते हुए भी अपना स्वभाव
    नहीं छोड़ता तो मैं मनुष्य होकर अपना स्वभाव क्यों छोड़ूँ?"

मनुष्य को कभी भी अपना अच्छा स्वभाव नहीं भूलना चाहिए।

ॐ साईं राम, श्री साईं राम, जय जय साईं राम !!!

JAI SAI RAM !!!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #509 on: April 26, 2012, 01:02:04 PM »
  • Publish

• The Boy Who Wanted To Meet God

There once was a little boy who wanted to meet God. He knew it was a long trip to where God lived, so he packed his suitcase with Twinkies and a six-pack of root beer, and he started his journey.

When he had gone about three blocks, he met an old woman. She was sitting in the park, staring at some pigeons. The boy sat down next to her and opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink from his root beer when he noticed that the old lady looked hungry,so he offered her a Twinkie. She gratefully accepted it and smiled at him. Her smile was so pretty that the boy wanted to see it again, so he offered her a root beer. Once again, she smiled at him. The boy was delighted. They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling, yet they never said a word.

As it grew dark, the boy realized how tired he was and he got up to leave.Before he had gone more than a few steps,he turned around, ran back to the old woman and gave her a hug. She gave him her biggest smile ever.

When the boy opened the door to his own home a short time later,his mother was surprised by the look of joy on his face.

She asked him, "What did you do today that made you so happy? He replied, "I had lunch with God."But before his mother could respond, he added,"You know what? She's got the most beautiful smile I've ever seen!"

Meanwhile, the old woman, also radiant with joy, returned to her home.Her neighbor was stunned by the look of peace on her face,and she asked,"What did you do today that made you so happy?" She replied, "I ate Twinkies in the park with God." But before her neighbor responded, she added, "You know, he's much younger than I expected."

Will someone see God in your smile or kind deeds? Maybe they're not even looking for God, but may see Him in the kindness you show.

Isn't that what we're here for?

It might be a stranger, someone you work with, a family member or friend. Let them see God in you. Show His love in all you do.

Facebook Comments