Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Vachanamrutas..  (Read 97728 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Re: Vachanamrutas..
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2010, 02:09:31 PM »
  • Publish
  • In the Chavadi, He is present invisibly; in the Masjid, He is Brahma Incarnate; in the Samadhi (Mandir) He is in Samadhi. The bliss of His presence is everywhere. (Shri Sai Sat Charita, Chapter 43, Verse 147)

“Any one of you, wherever you are, whenever you come to me, with your hand outstretched, with devotion, I am there to respond to your faith, day and night.” (Shri Sai Sat Charita, Chapter 15, Verse 67)

“My tomb shall belss, speak and fulfil the innumerable needs of my devotees.” (Shri Sai Baba’s Promise)

“I shall be ever active and vigorous even after casting away my body.”
    (Shri Sai Baba’s Promise)

(“I am ever vigilant to help and guide all those who come to me, who surrender to me and seek refuge in me.” Sri Sai Baba’s Promise)

He gives visions to many; He appeares in dreams to quite a number; and He grants miracles to several people secretly. (Shri Sai Sat Charita, Chapter 43, Verse 145)
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:09:58 AM by subhasrini »
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #76 on: May 07, 2010, 02:16:01 PM »
  • Publish
  • Added to it, if there is a feeling of enmity, it will never be good. Restrain and control yourself from that. Otherwise, it will completely destroy a person’s life.  (Shri Sai Sat Charita, Chapter 47, Verse 31)

‘‘One can accept work from a person; but one should always evaluate a person’s efforts and repay. One should discipline oneself never to take free services from anyone.’’ (Shri Sai Sat Charita, Chapter 19, Verse 247)

‘‘Do not worry in the least. Remain always cheerful. Do not have any anxieties until death.’’ Baba always preached this. (Shri Sai Sat Charita, Chapter 17, Verse 113)

Abandoning all the million clever and cunning ways, recall always ‘Sai, Sai’. You will be able to cross the worldly ocean. Have no doubts. (Shri Sai Sat Charita, Chapter 10, Verse 135)

Baba said, ‘‘Listen to the story. Repeat it. Recite it always. Remember it and concentrate, so that the essence of happiness will appear.’’ (Shri Sai Sat Charita, Chapter 19, Verse 120)

To know the nature of Sai is itself the real knowledge. He is the complete essence of that unique knowledge. Dhyana, Anushthan and Darshan are all combined in His case. (Shri Sai Sat Charita, Chapter 19, Verse 137)

‘‘ ‘He will reap, what he sows’. The one who always remembers these words of mine will get invaluable happiness.’’ (Shri Sai Sat Charita, Chapter 32, Verse 168)

There is no other means as effective as human life to fulfil the four principle objects of life. (Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha - living by the right conduct, acquiring wealth, having spouse and progeny and attaining salvation) That man who practices these and becomes an expert will reach God. (Shri Sai Sat Charita, Chapter 8, Verse 77)

‘‘Even if the world turns topsy-turvy, you should remain still. Be steadfast and observe passively.’’ (Shri Sai Sat Charita, Chapter 19, Verse 145)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:10:32 AM by subhasrini »
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #77 on: March 29, 2011, 06:48:23 PM »
  • Publish

• Lets explore Shirdi - Dwarakamai

TULASI BRINDAVAN

Baba planted this Tulasi Brindavan outside His Masjid. After the outer pavilion was constructed, the devotees brought this Tulasi Brindavan inside and tended it. It now stands in the NE corner and is looked after by the Pujari of Dwarakamai.

As it is under the roof of the Dwarakamai its nourishment is not upto the mark for lack of sunshine.
    Every year Tulasi Vivah is done on the twelfth day of Diwali.

SHYAM KARAN Kasam, a horse merchant, was distraught because his mare had no issue for a very long time. He vowed to Baba that if his mare had a foal, he would offer the first born to Baba. By Baba's grace the mare did have a series of
    issues. So he came and presented Baba with the first born.

Baba called the horse 'Shyam Karan' as his body was brown while his ears were black. The horse loved Baba and Baba reciprocated. The trainer Khajgiwalle saw that the horse was well looked after and decorated. This horse was housed in the room situated on the eastern side of Dwarakamai; now called 'Shyamsunder' hall.

At every Arati the horse would stand in the Sabha Mandap (where the tortoise is now) and wait patiently for the Arati to start. When the Arati was begun he danced merrily keeping beat with the tiny bells tied to his feet. After Baba'sLalkari he would climb the central steps of Dwarakamai and bow to Baba.

Baba blessed him by applying Udi to his forehead, then all the other Bhaktas received Udi and Prasad.

On Chavadi procession days he was fully decorated with mala, leg rings,bells and a beautiful cloth for his tail. All his decorative articles are kept in the show room of  he Samadhi Mandir. It was a sight worth seeing as he danced all the way to Chavadi leading the procession.

After Baba entered the Chavadi he stood outside facing Baba.After Baba's Mahasamadhi he would dance in the Samadhi Mandir during the Aratis and also participate in the Chavadi procession. This beloved horse of Baba died in 1945 and his samadhi is built in Lendi Bagh.

Bala Sahcb Sulthe of Shirdi presented this idol. It was installed on theleft side of the stone on which Baba sat.
    This statue was in remembrance of the deep love that Shyam Karan had for Baba and Baba reciprocated.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:13:42 AM by subhasrini »

Offline vishwanath69

• Blessings 2
    • OM SAI NATHAYA NAMO NAMAHA
    « Reply #78 on: April 23, 2011, 05:22:02 PM »
  • Publish
  • Dear Subhasrini ji,

Unfortunately the link does not work. Beautiful message. :) :)

Sai Ram

Vishwanath
    Vishwanath

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #79 on: August 25, 2011, 06:48:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • Om Sadguru Sainathaya Namah

Few days ago there in a comment of post about Kushabhav in Shirdi. for writing about stories or a parables told by Sai Baba, sitting in Holy and sacred Dwarkamai, mentioned in Shirdi diary ofG. S. Khaparde. One example given in the comment, was "that of transforming the lower part of HIS body to parrot."

This brought a thought of going through Shri G. S. Khaparde's diary once again. A post has been written about a day in Shirdi around 1912 A.D.  A description of the same was given in Gujarati book Sai Sarovar, before writing it, it was the best time to go through the diary as it contains the mushing of day to day happenings in Shirdi. Read half the book before writing the post and could find few things to write about how Sai Baba used to talk and look.

The stories and parables, told by Sai Baba and noted by Mr. G. S. Khaparde, many of them were stopped by some one coming in the Masjid in the midst of the stories. Many stories told by Sai Baba, had meaning with some one sitting in the Masjid. A good example of that is the stories of two gentleman described in Shri Sai SatCharitra chapter 36.

The example of a story about exchanging the lower part of the body with the parrot had caught my attention, when i had read it before and even when i read the diary again to get some visions of what happened during those days.

This story makes significant meaning to me, so will write down the story given in diary along with the significance or the the understanding i get from it. The story for me gives the significance of spiritual journey.

The story say that Sayin Maharaj said that

He used to sit in a corner and desired to exchange the the lower part of body for that of a parrot. The exchange came and he did not realize for a year and loss one lakh of rupees.

Sai Baba i feel was talking symbolically about man's natural state or a state very similar to animals, where man is bound to desires, greed, lust, attachments, jealousy and such. The lower body symbolizes the lower desires. The symbol of the parrot, the brigh,t colorful and flying here and there, seldom at rest. A mention of lakh of rupees is made without even realizing it. In this state man loses much but seldom realizes what he is losing in the quest of worldly colorful greeds. One goes through joys and sorrows, up and downs a sort of amusement ride, in an amusement park, all without significant meaning to it.

the story continues

Then he began to sit near post and a great serpent woke up and was very angry. It use to jump up and also fall from above.

Sitting near a post, means sitting near a SadGuru or an awakened one. Whose consciousness is steady like a post, never going up and down. Sitting near a SadGuru, that is what Satsang signifies, you sit near SadGuru doing nothing, and the powerful aura or vibrations or whatever one may say makes the serpent awake. Serpent symbolizes Kundalini, an energy that rises from the base of spine and reaches the crown of head. In beginning it rises in certain situations and falls. It's not steady. That's where the spiritual journey starts, when one realizes that following the greed and sensational pleasures robes one of the essential strength.

That is what happened to me near the stone stone on which Sai Baba used to sit, which is placed in the outer courtyard of the Dwarkamai or Masjid, in the sacred land Shirdi.

Then in Shri Khaparde's diary, he writes that

Then He changed the subject apparently and that He visited a place and Patil there would not let Him go unless He made a plantation and hard footpath. He said He completed both.

It looks a change in subject to Mr. Kharpade but not for me. For me the same subject continues and brings me a very important and vital direction. Patil symbolizes The SadGuru or the owner, He would not let Him go until the plantation and a hard footpath is made.

The rising of snake is felt while reading sacred text Sai SatCharitra. The vibrations or the energy takes over the body and mind. Lately it happens with great force while attending the morning Kakad Arati, which is attended online. The start of it is mentioned in this post, in detail. That post was not intended but happened.

So the work of plantation and hard footpath is on with the writer. Does not know when it will be over. But right now the serpent gets the fuel from reading the sacred text and attending the morning Kakad Arati, which were never a source of attraction in my Shirdi pilgrimages, now it is!

But He has not called me to Shirdi since then. Yet the Patil (Sai Baba) is working, His immense love will not let this one to fall back, where the money is lost, without the realization of it. The realization of losing the money comes and one has to read the sacred text and fuel the serpent. And am unaware of what more work has the Patil in store for this devotee. Right now it's reading, writing and morning Kakad Aratis, and the grace or love or energy does not allow any space for any worry or any care. The absence of that allows it and one rushes for the fuel.

Om SaiNath, Tu Hi Tu, Tu Hi Tu
    Thanks to one my friend who sent me this and sharing the same with our Sai DwarakMai.  ;D

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #80 on: August 25, 2011, 07:38:24 AM »
  • Publish

• “Repetition of the name “Sai, Sai” will burn down the sins, resulting from the evil desires of Kaliyug.
    A mere prostration  before me is enough to destroy the past sins of speech and hearing.

JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #81 on: September 01, 2011, 08:34:07 PM »
  • Publish
  • Jai Sai Ram Jai Sai Ram
    Jai Sai Ram, Jai Jai Ram
    (Bolo) Jai Sai Ram, Jai Jai Ram
    Anaathha Rakshaka Sai Ram
    Aapadbaandhava Sai Ram
    Premaswaroopa Sai Ram
    Premaavathara Sai Ram

(Glory to Sai; Glory to Ram. You are the protector of the helpless and orphaned;
     Sai, You are the saviour of those in distress; Sai, You are the embodiment and
     incarnation of love )

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #82 on: February 28, 2012, 12:40:51 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

Family is the most important functional unit in the world. If the family is running on sound lines, the world will also run smoothly. If the unity among the family members suffers even to a small extent, the world will face the repercussions. Every family should strive for achieving unity and harmonious relationship among its members. There is nothing that cannot be achieved with unity. Take for example, the five fingers in the hand. When the five fingers work together, they can accomplish any task. Share your love with everybody. Love alone confers purity and sacredness to life.
    -BABA

What is the purpose of human birth? It is not merely to eat, drink and make merry. Paropakarartham Idam Shariram (human body is meant to serve others). Man should dedicate himself to the service of society. God has endowed man with all powers. But, he is bound by the senses, which lead him to both good and evil ways. Hence, it is the foremost duty of man to make proper use of the senses. One who lacks sense control is worse than an animal. Firstly, one should get rid of one's animal qualities. Only then, can one rise to the level of the Divine. 
    -BABA

Do not lead a pompous life. Adambara (pomposity) is the root cause of Ashanti (restlessness). Give up Adambara and strive to attain Ananda (bliss). True bliss cannot be acquired from outside; it lies in your heart. In fact, bliss pervades the entire world. Your mental perversions are responsible for seeing evil in it. Hence, purify your mind. Only then can you become a true human being. Perform meritorious deeds. Speak good words. Lead a sacred life. In this manner, you can find fulfillment in life.
    -BABA

In this world, there are two types of intellectuals. The first type are those who are totally materialistic in their outlook. They have in their mind only the physical and worldly goals and gains. They are fascinated by the external appearance of a gigantic tree with its numerous branches and twigs, but they are not interested in finding its "roots". Vedanthins (Vedic philosophers) are the second type of intellectuals, who are not fascinated by the external appearance of the tree but evince great delight in finding the "roots". People who are worldly in outlook waste their time in watering the "branches", whereas Vedanthins water the "roots" and thereby enjoy the "fruits".
    -BABA

Words can confer strength; they can drain it off; words can gain friends; they can turn them into enemies; words can elevate or denigrate the individual. One must learn the habit of making one's words sweet, soft and pleasant. A person is judged by his words. Before pointing out the faults of others, examine yourselves and assure yourselves that you are free from faults. But the wonder is that you discover faults in others only when you have faults in you. Once you rid yourself of faults, all become pure and good. That is the magic of Divine love.
    -BABA

God is the basis of everything. He is omnipotent, omniscient and pervades all creation. Who can say that only this is Brahman (God) and that is not. The only eternal, existent entity is Brahman. The rest is all evanescent. Just as without cotton, there can be no cloth, similarly, there can be no world without God. Do not mistake this Deha (physical body) as real. It is the Dehi (indwelling Divinity) that is the true reality. This Divinity is beyond birth and death, the one without any beginning or end, and is the eternal witness. Recognise this truth. 
    -BABA

God is the basis of everything. He is omnipotent, omniscient and pervades all creation. Who can say that only this is Brahman (God) and that is not. The only eternal, existent entity is Brahman. The rest is all evanescent. Just as without cotton, there can be no cloth, similarly, there can be no world without God. Do not mistake this Deha (physical body) as real. It is the Dehi (indwelling Divinity) that is the true reality. This Divinity is beyond birth and death, the one without any beginning or end, and is the eternal witness. Recognise this truth. 
    -BABA

It is not easy to understand the nature of the Divine. Worldly intelligence cannot fathom the ways of God. You may benefit from God, but you cannot explain Him. God is beyond the reach of the human mind; by standing on a rock, you cannot lift it. Similarly, living in Maya (illusion), you cannot comprehend its nature. But, once man realises the unity that underlies the universe, the problems arising out of the apparent diversity disappear.
    -BABA

The remembrance of God and repetition of His Name is the only means of liberation that is easily accessible to all. People tend to treat the Name of the Lord casually, not realizing its potency. The power of the entire cosmos is contained in it. You must understand the significance of the Name properly and use it in the right way. Bhajan is an effective activity by which Kama (desire) and Krodha (anger) can be kept away.

- BABA

MAY OUR EVERLUVING SHIRDI SAIMA'S BLISS BLESS THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE.

Regards,
    saipathudu.t/srinivasan.t

OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #83 on: March 28, 2012, 11:58:53 AM »
  • Publish

• Silent Communication

Baba’s typical ways of expressing his upadesa form an important theme, the modes of communication
    between master and disciple bearing upon the nature and substance of the teaching else.
    In the first place, one must distinguish between nonverbal and verbal communication. Silent Upadesa was
    of utmost importance. It is known that Baba would often remain mute for long periods. Sometimes he
    passed days in silence or would simply mumble a few words: as always there was no predetermined rule.
    It is not an overstatement to say that the silent darsan of Sai represented in and of itself the highest form
    of teaching: an intense communion based on love, devotion, and surrender to God.
    On February 20, 1912, GS Khaparde wrote in his diary: “We attended Kakad arti and the remarkable part
    of it was that Sayin Saheb left the Chavadi and entered the Masjid without saying a single word except:
    God is the greatest of all!
    Saibaba’s enigmatic and bizarre personality profoundly affected his devotees, who at the same time loved
    and feared him. In nonverbal interaction the teacher’s glances and smiles are what is most values.
    Devotees prayed that Baba might just throw a look at them, so as to be purified and blessed by his sight.
    Saibaba’s “yogic” glances were apparently powerful. GS Khaparde wrote: “He looked exceedingly
    pleased and cast yogic glances at me. I passed the whole day in a sort of ecstasy”.
    This silent communication between Baba and his devotees operated not only during darsan hours but also
    while a bhakta would be engaged in padasevana (massaging Baba’s legs and feet) or when Baba would
    invite people to partake of a smoke from his earthen pipe (chillum)

(Source: The Life and Teachings of Saibaba of Shirdi by Antonio Rigopoulos)

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #84 on: March 31, 2012, 04:26:13 PM »
  • Publish

• Contentment and Surrender
    Baba Says:
    God is great. He is the Supreme Master.
    Allah Malik: How great is God! No one can compare with him.
    He creates, supports and destroys. His sport (Lila) is inscrutable.
    Let us be content to remain as He makes us, to submit our wills to His. Allah Rakega Vahisa Rahena.
    Take what comes. Be contented and cheerful. Never worry.
    Not a leaf moves, but by His consent and will.
    We should be honest, upright and virtuous.
    We must distinguish right from wrong.
    We must each attend to his own duty.
    But we must not be obsessed by egotism and fancy that we are the independent causes of action.
    God is that Actor. We must recognise His independence and our dependence on Him and see all acts as His.
    If we do so, we shall be unattached and free from Karmic bondage.

JaiSaiRam :)

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #85 on: April 05, 2012, 02:31:39 PM »
  • Publish
  • « Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:20:16 AM by subhasrini »

Offline PiyaSoni

• Members
    • Blessings 21
    • ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ
    « Reply #86 on: April 11, 2012, 06:16:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • Vachanamrutas

Not an iota of space is devoid of God.

For his will,earth will crumble to pieces, water will dry up, wind will stop,
    the sun shall not rise, he moon shall not shine, the rain shall stop, the crops
    shall not grow; men, animals and creatures all will perish; the world would be
    no more.

so with the tongue you have, chant his name, with ears hear his glory, with eyes
    see his manifestations. waste no time in trifles. Human body, Gods Gift is
    seldom obtained.

-Shidi Sai Baba
    "नानक नाम चढदी कला, तेरे पहाणे सर्वद दा भला "

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #87 on: April 11, 2012, 10:14:26 AM »
  • Publish
  • SaiRam PGolu ji,

When good friends and companions of life are with us, we are not afraid of anything, you are very pious and your prayers have great affect. Thank you much for joining in this Vachanamrutas thread. I am very thankful to you for this. Baba blessings! Keep up your good work. Baba guide us all in everyway.

JaisaiRam :)

Vachanamrutas

Not an iota of space is devoid of God.

For his will,earth will crumble to pieces, water will dry up, wind will stop,
    the sun shall not rise, he moon shall not shine, the rain shall stop, the crops
    shall not grow; men, animals and creatures all will perish; the world would be
    no more.

so with the tongue you have, chant his name, with ears hear his glory, with eyes
    see his manifestations. waste no time in trifles. Human body, Gods Gift is
    seldom obtained.

-Shidi Sai Baba

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #88 on: April 14, 2012, 07:17:40 AM »
  • Publish

• "RAM and RAHIM were one and the same; there was not the slightest difference between them; then why should their devotees fall out and quarrel among themselves? You ignorant folks join hands to bring both the communities (Hindus & Muslims) together. Act sanely and you will quickly gain your objective of "National Unity". It is good to neither dispute nor argue amongst ourselves. Don't emulate others. The Lord will protect you." - Shirdi SaiBaba

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #89 on: April 19, 2012, 07:46:26 AM »
  • Publish

• [/center

As the mother-tortoise feeds her little ones on her loving glance, so was the way of my Guru, who look after the child with loving glances.

Facebook Comments