Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: WHO IS GOD?  (Read 11007 times)

Offline Praveen P V S

• Blessings 3
    • Sai Baba
Re: WHO IS GOD?
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2005, 05:09:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • Subhadra behan, thanks for sharing that data on ages. It was a good learning exeriance for me.
    Thank you Baba.

I love you Baba.
    I love you Baba.

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #46 on: October 26, 2005, 10:20:44 AM »
  • Publish
  • Without any prejudice......to none and all........

I have heard: A Chinese man once went to the court of the emperor of Iran and said, "I have come from China, and I am a very great artist. I can make paintings such as you have never seen before."

The emperor said, "Then make them here. But remember, there is no shortage of painters in our court and I have seen very wonderful pictures."

The Chinese painter said, "I am ready to meet any challenge."

The best among the court painters was selected to compete. Then the emperor warned his painter, "Use all your talent, do your very best. This is now a question of the prestige of the empire. See that you are not defeated by this foreigner."

They were given six months to complete their work. The Iranian painter began his work very seriously.

With the help of ten to twenty co-workers he covered his whole wall with beautiful pictures. News of his paintings reached distant regions, and people came from afar to see his work. But a greater miracle than this was happening. The Chinese artist said, "I need no implements or materials for my work, nor any paints either. I insist on one condition only -- that the curtain covering my wall not be removed till the picture is finished."

Each morning he would go behind his curtain, and reappear in the evening quite exhausted, with drops of perspiration on his forehead. But it was a matter of great perplexity, mystery and wonder that he did not carry any brush or paints with him when he disappeared behind the curtain. Neither were there ever any traces of color on his hands, nor any spots of paint on his clothes, and he carried no brush in his hands. The emperor began to wonder whether he was crazy. How could there be any competition under such circumstances? But it was necessary to wait for six months to fulfill the condition.

With great impatience everyone waited for the six months to pass. The news about the pictures of the Iranian painter reached far and wide, and along with this news, the word also spread about his crazy competitor who had entered the competition without any paints. You can't imagine how eagerly the people waited for those six months to pass.

After six months the emperor went to see the pictures. He was spellbound on seeing the pictures of the Iranian painter. He had seen many paintings in his life, but he had never seen paintings of such unsparing skill. Then he requested the Chinese painter to show his work. He removed the curtain covering his wall. On seeing it the emperor was very much puzzled. It was the same picture. The Chinese painter had created the same picture as the Iranian, but with one additional feature: it was not painted on the wall, but emerged from twenty feet deep inside the wall. The emperor asked, "How have you done this? What is this magic?"

He replied, "I have done no magic. But I am an expert in making mirrors, so I turned the wall into a mirror by rubbing it continuously for six months. The picture which you are looking at is that of the Iranian painter's on the opposite wall. I simply turned the wall into a mirror."

He won the competition, because shimmering in the mirror the Iranian painting became infinitely more profound than its original. The Iranian painting acquired great depth when seen in the mirror. It became a three-dimensional picture. The Iranian one was two-dimensional; it had no depth. The Chinese painter's picture gained a three-dimensional depth. The emperor asked him, "Why did you not tell us in the beginning that you only know how to make mirrors?"

The Chinese painter replied, "I am not a painter, I am a sadhu, a monk."

Contd...
    अपना साँई प्यारा साँई सबसे न्यारा अपना साँई - रमेश रमनानी

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #47 on: October 26, 2005, 10:25:10 AM »
  • Publish
  • Without any prejudice.......to none and all..

The emperor said, "This becomes more and more interesting. First you didn't tell us that you make mirrors, and now you tell us you are a sadhu. Why should a sadhu make mirrors?"

The Chinese painter replied, "I have been making only mirrors since I made myself a mirror and saw the world in it. Just as I turned this wall into a clean mirror by continuously rubbing and cleaning it, so I made myself a mirror, pure as crystal, by keeping constant watch on myself. And such a beautiful image of this world as I have seen within was never seen without. The day on which I saw and realized the world within me, I became like a mirror. All the animate and inanimate objects of the world have penetrated within me."

We will be able to see God on the day on which our heart becomes like a mirror. Then all the world enters into us, and the whole world becomes a mirror for us also. Then we are able to see ourself every moment, everywhere. But the whole world cannot be turned into a mirror; only our own self can be turned into a mirror. That is why the seeker after truth begins by making a mirror of himself.

To know the alchemy and art of making ourself a mirror, three points are to be understood. First, perhaps it is not correct to talk of making a mirror of the self, because we are all mirrors already, but covered with dust. Our work is to clean and polish our mirror and make it bright and clear.

A mirror is not a mirror if dust is allowed to settle on it; then it does not reflect anything. Its capacity to reflect is destroyed when it is covered with dust. We are such mirrors -- the dust has accumulated on us. Just as dust collects on a mirror carried along a busy road, so it collects as we pass through countless lives. It is gathered in many many ways from our desires, our innumerable actions, and from our becoming constantly the doer. No one knows what a heap of dust is collected -- the dust of actions, of becoming doers of actions, of ego, of thoughts, of desires and feelings. So there is a very deep layer of dust on us.

The important matter is to remove it. If it is swept away, we are mirrors again. And everything is like a mirror for one who is himself a mirror. Why? -- because whatever we are is seen by us on all sides. To understand this, keep this important sutra in mind: "We see only what we are, we never see anything else but this."

Whatever is seen by us is always our projection. Always we are that. It is only our face we see. If no good is seen by us in the world outside, then it is because the seed of such a view is within us. If only ugliness is seen in the world outside, we should know that ugliness has taken a firm root within us. If faithlessness is seen everywhere outside, we should know that faithlessness is within us. The projector is within, only the screen is without, and we go on projecting onto it.

We go on expanding whatever is within us onto the screen.

If God is not seen in the world outside it means simply that we do not experience the divine within us. He who realizes God within begins to see God instantly in all objects. Then there is no other way. Then he will see God even in a stone. But at the moment only stone is seen in God. For me there is no other meaning to the word materialist but this: he is a materialist whose spiritual heart has turned to stone. One whose heart within is like a stone sees stones everywhere. For me, he is a spiritualist whose spiritual heart is not like a stone but throbbing, living, pulsating, vibrant.

Offline Praveen P V S

• Blessings 3
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #48 on: October 26, 2005, 12:38:13 PM »
  • Publish
  • Dear Ramesh Bhai,

And excellent excerpt...[:)]..
    I loved the way the story and its inherent meaning are explained. It is very simple and clear as Baba.

I love you Baba.
    I love you Baba.

Offline mata

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #49 on: October 27, 2005, 04:13:37 PM »
  • Publish
  • Respected Bother Subhasrini,

This is an interesting article; however it does contain a number of inaccuracies and so the following comment will be confined to the first and most important mistake.

You say;

“The new cycle or kalpa begins with the birth of Shri Krishna, the purest and highest among the deities and mankind. He is the first prince of Satyug”

The point here is that Shri Krishna is a child, so the question we have to ask is, who is the father of that child, for surely it is he that will be the most elevated of all human beings.

The father is the Ram soul, the one whom the first half of the kalpa is named after i.e. Ram Raja. It is this soul who is the number one hero of the world drama, the one who at the moment is playing an in cognito part. How can he be recognized, only through the gyan that is spoken through him.

If any brother or sister would like to read a more detailed account in response to the “Ages” post, please contact me by email. It does not seem appropriate to post anything further here.

This is to respect the path that is followed on this site.

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #50 on: October 27, 2005, 04:52:44 PM »
  • Publish
  • Sai Ram

Mata, dear, only two days and I was already missing your posts. I immensely treasure your respect for any path, your openness and willingness to share. Hope, we will read from you again but whether or not, wherever you go and whatever you do, may the blessings be with you.

Om Sai Ram

Astrid

Restless was my heart till it found rest in THEE

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #51 on: October 27, 2005, 05:21:47 PM »
  • Publish
  • Sai Ram

.... looks like I want to keep this going a bit: dear Mata, in answering your answer to me (thank you, dear) I totally agree with you that everything is in HIM. Still, to my experience the fact that everything is in HIM and HE is in everything are no opposites but One. And again we share the same understanding that these things cannot be grasped intellectually but can only be beheld.

Om Sai Ram

Astrid

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
    • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #52 on: November 28, 2005, 08:46:10 AM »
  • Publish
  • You cannot find God by the intellect.

But, you can find Him by feeling, meditation, experience, and

realisation.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini
    OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI!!!
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #53 on: November 28, 2005, 09:16:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • FROM THE BEGINNING, TRUTH IS CLEAR. From the beginning, truth is not hidden. From the beginning, truth is just in front of us. From the beginning, there is nothing other than the truth. Something has gone wrong with us, not with the truth.

People always ask: Why is God invisible? : He is not. We are blind.

Don't say God is invisible. God is the all that surrounds us, within and without. God is not invisible -- we have lost the capacity to see. God is herenow. God is all that is. God is just a name for the totality, the whole. In millions of forms he is visible. In the flowing river, he is the flow. In the red flower, he is the redness.

God is not invisible. Somehow either we have gone blind or we have become too attached to our blinkers. We remain blindfolded. Our religions, our culture, our society, our conditionings, the civilization and all that nonsense just function as a blindfold. We are not allowed to open our eyes. We have become accustomed to living with closed eyes.

We have completely forgotten that we have eyes and that we can open them. We have become so afraid of opening our eyes, of seeing the truth, weu have become so attuned to lies, that to see truth is going to be very devastating. Our whole image will fall down, will be shattered. Our whole house of playing cards will simply fall down and disappear. We have lived too much in dreams and desires, and we have become deep down afraid of the real.

Don't take God as invisible. God is absolutely visible here and now.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #54 on: November 28, 2005, 02:00:46 PM »
  • Publish
  • W H O   I S   G O D ?    

The Petromax does not talk, but it shines and sheds light all around.

The jessamine does not speak, but it wafts its fragrance everywhere.

The lighthouse sounds no drum, but sends its friendly light to the mariner.

The Unseen beats no gong, but Its omnipresence is felt by the dispassionate and discriminating sage.

Behind all names and forms is the one nameless, formless Essence.

Behind all governors is the one Supreme Governor of governors.

Behind all lights is the one Light Of lights. Behind all sounds, there is the soundless Supreme Silence. Behind all teachers is the one Supreme Guru of Gurus.

Behind all these perishable objects is the one imperishable Absolute.

Behind all these motions is the one motionless Infinite. Behind time,minutes, and days is the one timeless Eternity.

Behind hatred, riots, and wars is the one hidden Love.

God is the totality of all that exists, both animate and inanimate, sentient and insentient.

He is free from ills and limitations.

He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.

He has no beginning, middle, or end.

He is the indweller in all beings. He controls from within.

God is all in all.

God is the only reality in this universe.

The existence of things is by the light of God.

God is ever living.

All depend on Him.

He is not depending on any.

He is the Truth.

God is the end or goal of all Yoga Sadhanas.

He is the Centre towards which all things strive.

He is the highest purpose or highest good of the world.

You have the urge of hunger.

There is food to appease the hunger.

You have the urge of thirst.

There is water to quench the thirst.

There is the urge to be always happy.

There must be something to satisfy this urge. T

his something is God, an embodiment of happiness.

God, Immortality, Freedom, Perfection, Peace, Bliss, Love are

synonymous terms.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #55 on: November 28, 2005, 02:02:44 PM »
  • Publish
  • W H A T   I S   G O D ?  

What is God?

It is hard to tell.

But, when I look at the Ganga, I know it is God.

When I see the jessamine, I know it is God.

When I behold the blue sky, I know it is God.

When I hear the chirping of birds, I know it is God.

When I taste honey, I know it is God.

The Supreme is indefinable, though scholars give intellectual accounts of It which are not absolutely true.

Every man has his own conception of God.

The God of a military man wears a helmet.

The God of a China-man has a flat nose and a pipe for smoking opium.

The God of a Hindu has marks on his forehead, and wears a rosary and a garland of flowers.

The God of a Christian wears a Cross.

For some, God has wings.

A buffalo will think that God is a very big buffalo.

Such an anthropomorphic conception of God is obviously puerile.

The greatest and most important thing in all the world is to get a right concept of God, because your belief about God governs your entire life.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #56 on: November 28, 2005, 02:05:23 PM »
  • Publish
  • I S   T H E R E   A   G O D ?    

God is beyond human imagination, but he is a living reality.

Brahman is no metaphysical abstraction.

It is the fullest and the most real being.

The existence of God cannot be proved by scientific experimentation.

The Absolute baffles the mind of even the greatest scholar.

It eludes the grasp of even the mightiest intellect.

It is experienced as pure consciousness, where intellect dies, scholarship perishes, and the entire being itself is completely lost in It.

All is lost, and all is found.

You want laboratory proofs?

Very fine, indeed!

You wish to limit the illimitable, all-pervading God in your test-tube, blow-pipe, and chemicals.

God is the source for your chemicals.

He is the substratum for your atoms, electrons, and molecules.

Without Him, no atom or electron will move, He is the inner ruler.

It is God who lends power to our senses, perception to our mind, discernment to our intellect, strength to our limbs.

It is through His will that we live and die.

But man vainly imagines that he is the actor and the enjoyer Manis a mere nothing before the almighty, governing Power that directs the movement in the universe.

God's will expresses itself everywhere as law.

The law of gravitation, cohesion, relativity, cause and effect, the laws of electricity, chemistry, physics, all the psychic laws, are expressions of God's will.

As we explain everything within nature by the law of cause and effect, so also, nature as a whole must be explained.

It must have some cause. This cause must be different from the effect.

It must be some supernatural entity, i.e., God.

Nature is not a mere chance collection of events, a mere jumble of accidents, but an orderly affair.

The planets move regularly in their orbits; seeds grow into trees regularly; the seasons succeed each other in order.

Now, nature is Jada, insentient.

It cannot order itself.

It requires the existence of an intelligent being-God-who is responsible for it.

Even Einstein, the scientist, was strongly convinced of the creation of the universe by a Supreme Intelligence.

Though you do not see the stars in the daytime, yet they do exist. Though you cannot see the sun during a cloudy day, yet it does exist.

Even so, though you cannot see God with these physical eyes, yet He does exist.

If you get the divine eye or the eye of intuition by the practice of meditation, you will behold Him. God is self-proved.

He does not want any proof, because He is the basis for the act or process of proving.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #57 on: November 28, 2005, 02:08:24 PM »
  • Publish
  • W H E R E   I S   G O D ?

Where is God?

There is nowhere where He is not.

Just as one thread penetrates all the flowers in a garland, so also, one Self penetrates all these living beings.

He is hidden in all beings and forms, like oil in seed, butter in milk, mind in brain, Prana in the body, foetus in the womb, sun behind the clouds, fire in wood, vapour in the atmosphere, salt in water, scent in flowers, sound in the gramophone records, gold in quartz, microbes in blood.

God dwells in all beings as life and consciousness. God is in the roar of a lion, the song of a bird, and the cry of a baby.

Feel His presence everywhere. See God in the wings, of a butterfly, in the letters Alpha and Omega, in the cough of a patient, in the murmur of a brook, in the sound of a bell.

Behold the wonder of the Lord's face in every object of this world. Every breath that flows in the nose, every beat that throbs in the heart, every artery that pulsates in the body, every thought that arises in the mind, speaks to you that God is near.

Every flower that wafts fragrance, every fruit that attracts you, every gentle breeze that blows, every river that smoothly flows, speaks of God and His mercy.

The vast ocean with its powerful waves, the mighty Himalayas with its glaciers, the bright sun and stars in the wide sky, the lofty tree with its branches, the cool springs in the hills and dales, tell you of His omnipotence.

The music of the sweet singers, the lectures of the Powerful orators, the poems of the reputed poets, the inventions of the able scientists, the operations of the dexterous surgeons, the utterances of the holy saints, the thoughts of the Bhagavad Gita, the revelations of theUpanishads, speak of God and His wisdom.

Everything is God.

Good is God.

Misfortune is God.

Greet Him in everything and rest peacefully in bliss.

God pervades the entire universe.

He walks in the garb of a beggar.

He moans in pain in the guise of the sick.

He wanders in the forest clad in rags.

Open your eyes.

See Him in all.

Serve all.

Love all.

Feel the Divine Presence everywhere in every form, in every thought, in every feeling an in every sentiment, in every movement, in every emotion.

God, seen through the senses, is matter.

God, seen through the intellect, is mind.

God, seen through the spirit, is Atman or the Self.

Thou art indwelt by the Lord. He is the inner ruler, Antaryamin, guarding and controlling your life.

He is in you and you are in Him.

He is quite close to you.

He is not very far, but is nearer to you than you are to yourself.

You were thinking in the beginning that He could be found only in Mount Kailas, Ramesvaram, Mecca, Jerusalem, sky or heaven.

You had very vague ideas. This body is His moving temple.

The sanctum sanctorum is the chamber of your own heart.

Close your eyes.

Withdraw your Indriyas from the sensual objects.

Search Him in thy heart with one-pointed mind, devotion, and pure love.

You will surely find Him.

He is waiting there with outstretched arms to embrace you.

If you cannot find Him there, you cannot find Him anywhere else.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #58 on: November 28, 2005, 02:12:12 PM »
  • Publish
  • H O W   T O   R E A L I S E   G O D ?

God is a question of supply and demand.

If you really yearn for His Darshan, He will reveal Himself to you in an instant.

You need neither art nor science, neither study nor erudition for God-realisation, but faith, purity, and devotion.

Combine all the love you cherish towards all worldly objects-wife, son, wealth, property, relatives, friends-and then apply this combined love towards God.

You will realise in this very second.

To serve God and Mammon at the same time is impossible.

You cannot enjoy the bliss of the Self and the sensual pleasure in one and the same cup.

You cannot have light and darkness at the same time.

The Lord demands your whole heart.

Reduce yourself into zero before God.

Only then will God completely take care of and guide you.

Only then surrender becomes complete.

Forget your own interests, your own longings, your own desires.

You will attain the bliss of the Supreme Self.

Crucify, sacrifice the lower self, if you wish to have union with God.

Empty your egoism.

You will be filled with God.

Lose your personality.

You will find the Divine Life.

You will realise God.

With time and faith in the commitment to practice frequently, (daily meditating is ideal), during your meditation time you may "leave the moment."

A feeling of separation exists where the mind is clear, clean and blank.

You will still hear sounds around you, but they will not interfere with your meditation.

Sometimes you may weep -- you may not even be aware of what is making you weep. It is your own emotions having a voice of their own.

Sometimes you may feel a smile across your face -- that is contentment showing itself.

Sometimes you may fall asleep and awaken truly refreshed.

The Meditation Room-this is where you will begin your journey into a new level of relaxation and awareness.

Here are some hints to get you started:

1. Make sure you are in a quiet room with no distractions.

2. Allow some time for your meditation. You can start with 5 mins and progress to as long as you want to.

3. Try to meditate at the same time and place if possible.

4. Be patient. It is a gradual process of unlearning and freeing yourself of years of layers of stress and worry. You are teaching your mind to relax, be patient with yourself.

Sadhana is spiritual movement consciously systematized.

Sadhana is the purpose for which we have come to this place.

Abhyasa and Sadhana are synonymous terms.

The object of Sadhana is to release life from the limitations with which it is bound.

Sadhana is a lifelong process.

Every day, every hour, every minute, is an onward march.

Obstacles are innumerable in this great voyage.

But, so long as you hold God as thy guide, there is nothing to worry about.

You are sure to reach the other shore.

Some people have curiosity for the spiritual line.

They have no real thirsting for liberation.

They think that they will get certain powers or Siddhis (psychic powers) if they do some Yogic practices.

When they do not attain the powers, they lose patience and give up the practices, abandon the spiritual path, and pooh-pooh the Yogis and Yoga.

Mere curiosity will not help you to attain any spiritual progress. Curiosity-mongering is more abominable than mischief-mongering.

Introspect. Analyze your thoughts and find out whether you have real spiritual hunger or mere curiosity-mongering.

Transmute curiosity-mongering into real thirsting for salvation by constant Satsang (association with the wise), study of good religious books, prayer, Japa, and meditation.

You must have interest and liking in your Sadhana.

You must understand well the technique and benefits of Sadhana. You must select a Sadhana that is suitable for you.

You must have the ability and capacity to do Sadhana.

Then alone you will have joy in do ing the Sadhana and full success in it.

JAISAIRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subhasrini

Offline Ramesh Ramnani

• Blessings 60
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #59 on: December 31, 2005, 09:00:48 AM »
  • Publish
  • JAI SAI RAM!!!

God is not a person but only a presence. God is not a flower but only a fragrance.

Thinking of god as a person has led humanity into many many troubles. That becomes the root of all idolatry. Then people start creating images, either in stone or wood, or there are also images of thought -- concepts, theories -- but the moment we think of god as a person we have given him a limitation. We have forced a form on something which is formless. We have put a label on something which cannot be labelled. We have categorised god, and he is beyond all categories.

Think of god as a presence. Then even a solitary tree in the field, if you can feel its presence, is god, is divine. Bow down to it. Wherever you can feel the presence of life, of love, there is god. Then your god is free. Then you can find him anywhere -- you need not go to any temple or church in particular; this whole earth is a temple. And all the peoples of the world are his manifestations -- animals, birds too.

... Just start feeling the presence of things.

Have you ever observed the presence of a tree? It is so tangible if you just be there. You can almost embrace it... you can touch it; the tree is not just there without its presence. We don't feel the presence because we are unaware, because we ourselves are not present to the moment; otherwise everything has its own presence. A bird sitting silently on the roof has its own presence and a flower is surrounded by its own aura and presence.

Think of god as presence, pure presence... not like a flower but like a fragrance, because a flower has a form -- the fragrance is only felt, it cannot be seen. God is like that.

OM SAI RAM!!!

Facebook Comments