DwarkaMai - Sai Baba Forum

Prayers Section => Sai Baba Prayers and Naam Jaap => Topic started by: PINKI on April 25, 2007, 09:33:40 PM

E-mail:

Title: proper way of reading sai sat charitra
Post by: PINKI on April 25, 2007, 09:33:40 PM
Jai sai ram to all,

Can anyone tell me how to do parayan of sai sat charitra?I have heard that sai baba was against "fasting" so one should not observe it any time , not even during parayans.

I plan to do seven day parayan, how should i go about it?What should the trend of reading chapters of sai sat charitra.I have heard that sai sat charitra should always be kept in pooja room and should preferably be read early in the morning after usaual pooja.During parayans is it necessary to read the specified chapters at a strech without any break.

Any additional information about it would be welcome.

Sai sai sai sai sai
sai sai sai sai sai

sai sai sai sai sai
sai sai sai sai sai

Title: Re: ORIGINAL PHOTO OF BABA
Post by: Radha on April 25, 2007, 10:17:16 PM
Jai Sai Ram!!!
Pinki ji,
This is really a plesant and a divine treat to our eyes...many thanks for sharing it with all of us on thsi Special Day!!!

Om Sai Ram!!!
Radha.

Post by: saibakht on April 25, 2007, 10:30:09 PM
thank u fr the beautiful pic!

saibakht

Post by: sonikaputtoo on April 27, 2007, 02:33:13 AM
Dear Pinki, Saibhakt, Radha and my all sai frineds,

please go thru the following link and then decide..........

http://forum.spiritualindia.org/empty-t14815.0.html

Post by: JR on April 27, 2007, 04:01:26 AM
Jai Sai Ram Pinki Ji,

Sach me bahut hi nice photo hai ye.  Baba bless U Dear.

Sai Ram.

Jai Sai Ram to all children of sainath,

I found this original photo of our baba and thought of sharing it with everyone (although some of you must already have seen it.........still it would be a treat for their eyes too).

Post by: PINKI on April 27, 2007, 06:48:11 AM
Jai Sai Ram sonikaputto,

Thanks for your kind information.I never knew this part.I was given this photo by a close friend and posted it.Anyway thanks a lot.............though i am still confused.Hopefully baba will clear the confusion in due time.

Post by: sushmakomandur on April 27, 2007, 01:23:16 PM
Sai Ram Pinkiji,
Its not baba's photo,i heared its his diciple Abdulla's.Hope iam not mistaken.
OM SAI RAM.
OM SAI RAM.
OM SAI RAM.
Sushma.

Title: Re: proper way of reading sai sat charitra
Post by: PINKI on April 27, 2007, 08:07:01 PM
Jai sai Ram to all,
I apologize for changing the topic as the earlier one "ORIGINAL PHOTO OF BABA" , It seems was not the original photo.I thank everyone for informing me about it, hence have replaced the topic with a new one.

Post by: Kavitaparna on April 28, 2007, 02:01:08 AM
OM SRI SAI RAM

Pinki ji, Sai Ram

I have already sent message to you in this.

I wish to add the following

Prayanam is reading any book with devotion. It can be  taking a vow or on our own interest or with a request / desire to be fulfilled by Baba.

Usually, Parayana is done in the morning after our regular pooja (the book is kept in pooja room covered in a piece of cloth) either as per the instrucitons given in the book or as per our vow or as per our convenience.

For eg. in Saptaha Prayana, the book itself mentions how many chapters to be read on a day so that we finish the prayana in one week - starting from Thursday to wednesday and concluding with the last chapter reading again on Thursday.

Sometimes, we take a vow that we complete the parayana within 11 days or one chapter daily.

Due to our busy schedules, if we are unable to complete in the morning itself, we can split into so that one portion in the morning and rest in the evening (after taking bath ) can be read.

It is said that lighting agarbatti during Parayana time is effective.

If that is also not possible, for eg., people who tour a lot etc., the parayana can be done during travel also after washing feet and keeping ourself clean to the extent possible.

For ladies, parayana during those 5 days is  prohibited.

If none of the above is truly possible as per one's routine, parayana can be done with total devotion as per your convenient timings.

Whatever we read, more than sticking to the time frame, reading with understanding is preferable.

Baba bless U always
Baba bless us all

Jai Sai Ram

Post by: PINKI on April 28, 2007, 03:41:38 AM
Jai Sai Ram kavitaji,

Thank you so much again for the descriptive information.I have been hearing different things from different people so was very confused.THANKS AGAIN................!!!!

Post by: PINKI on May 10, 2007, 06:54:59 AM
sai ram sai ram sai ram
sai ram sai ram sai ram
sai ram sai ram sai ram

Post by: Riya on May 11, 2007, 02:27:00 AM
By Baba grace , i did one week parayan so many times.
I starts from one thrusday. I read SSC two times a day . Morning n Evening and completed one Week chapter as mentioned in Book
Book itself divided in to seven chapters . It ends on wednesday evening
On thrusday by again reading last page , i ends up my Parayan with Bhog.
For keeping the book , As per religious we always kept our holy books at holy place of our home like in our Mandirs covered in a holy cloth. So same i did with SC.
The most important part is Baba grace. Only by his grace we can start or complete our Parayan.
May be my method is wrong but i believe baba always accept pooja with shradha and saburi. No matters how it did.

Post by: ramesh673 on May 11, 2007, 08:25:31 PM
I also request honorable sai devotees to clear this doubt that what are the norms to be follwed for reading sai sat charitra

Post by: BABY on May 14, 2007, 12:50:13 AM
om sairam pinky,

have u starting reading sai satcharitra?  u can read the satcharitra at anytime. But one thing u read in pooja room, hall, office but the place should be neat.  As sai said that u can pray me at any time.  There is no fixed time to pray.  and reading sai satcharitra is like prayer only.   There is no specific time. 

I read satcharitra in office. because i dont have any option as i am working

om sairam

Post by: PINKI on May 15, 2007, 12:48:23 PM
Jai Sai Ram Riya ji and Baby ji,
Thanks a lot for your replies.I have already started reading the sai sat charitra and i read at whenever i find time, as i have take care of my young daugter and my in laws.I just wish i am able to finish it with baba's grace.

Post by: sridevi7 on July 26, 2007, 12:36:45 AM
sairam
pinky i read sai charitha for two times , here are some steps for reading sc. in that book itself it has ment ioned everything starts on thursday end on wednesday. i  used to read the book at early morning 4 o clock after taking bath doing pooja to sc offering some prasad to sc i will start reading ,on these days i used to have only liquid food like   buttermilk milk and one time food may be morning or evening after finishing sc i used to call one brahman and offer food and dakshina. Definitely baba fulfil our wishes.truly i was happened my wishes full filled on the 8th day . and for my surprise baba came in the form of a carpenter and accepted my food on the 8th day.

sridevi

SATHYA SAI BABA FORUM SPIRITUAL PHOTO GALLERY SAI BABA
SAMARPAN - A SAI BABA MAGAZINE SPIRITUAL INDIA SAI BABA QUESTIONS & ANSWER
SAI BABA DESKMATE DOWNLOAD SHIRDI 360 VIEW SAI SATCHARITRA HINDI AUDIO

Listen Sai Baba Radio: