Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Guru Charitra- Concise version April 30, 2009  (Read 38126 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Re: Guru Charitra- Concise version April 30, 2009
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 07:05:46 PM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks, Ravi. It gives me an immense pleasure to contribute Guru Charitra for all our devotees. I take it as a good sign. Thanks Baba.

JaiSaiRam
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 06:44:38 AM »
  • Publish
  • SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha – Hari Aum
    CHAPTER 12
    SRI NARAHARI’S JOURNEY

Siddhayogi narrated in detail how Narahari taught the philosophy of life to his mother. It reminded him of his earlier Datta avatar when He did a similar act to his mother Anusuya. He put them in simple, clear words:
    Human body is purely  temporary by nature. One should not believe that we live for ever. Therefore one has to do good and earn virtues. We are not given this physical frame to multiply & waste our inner energies. The cobra called death is waiting to devour any time. Each sunset takes us near by a day to death.
    We should keep ourselves active & useful to fellow beings. One should always follow the guide, the Guru.
    Narahari prepared himself to leave for Tapas. The mother reminded him of the promise that he would not leave her till children are born to her. He agreed. Later in few years,she gave birth to twins. Soon after this incident, Narahari said:
    Oh! Mother! Is your wish fulfilled? Permit me to go then.
    The parents let him to go with tears in their eyes. He promised to manifest to them whenever they earnestly prayed. May be after thirty years, the master pronounced. The villagers were also stirred & cried as the great one left for Tapas. But it was inevitable. The master showed them His Dattatreya form for a while. All of them prostrated and cried in ecstasy: JAI DATTA DEVA.
    The master started towards North. He reached the  holy Himalayas. He visited Anatha Mutt and came down to Benaras. In Benares, he spent three years and two months in meditation in a secret cave. When he came out, he was received by the ascetics there with ritualistic reception. All were magnetized by the young Sanyasi. Among them was Sri Sri Krishna saraswathy Yati who belonged to the line of Adi shankaracharya. He saw narahari Swamy & decided to make him his successor to the Peetam adorned by the great Vidyaranya, Sree pada Sri Vallabha and other great Yatis.
    The elderly Swamiji, on an auspicious day came to Narahari, blessed him and gave him sanyas Deeksha. He named him Sri Sri Narasimha Saraswathi Swamiji. There was a grand celebration.
    Sri Narasimha Saraswathi continued his master’s tradition and interpreted the Vedas even to common folks. Many accepted him as their spiritual master . He later visited Prayag, where He ordained Sri madhava saraswathi & others.

Here ends the 12th chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!
    May Lord Sri Dattatreya bless us all!

Thanks Renuka. Sai bless you always with happiness and peace. JaiSaiRam

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »
  • Publish
  • SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 13
    SRI NARASIMHA SARASWATHI’S MESSAGE

Namadharak was much impressed to learn the glory of Sri guru in His different manifestations as dattatreya, Sree Pada sree Vallabha and now as Sri Narasimha Saraswathi Yati. He made a request to continue the narration.

Sri guru after giving Deeksha to Sri madhava saraswathi as His representative in the north spent a few days in Prayag. This was followed by Upendra saraswathi, Sadhananda, Gnana Jyothi saraswathi swamy & others. Siddayogi, the narrator called himself as his disciple. Sri Narasimha Saraswathi continued his spiritual journey down south. He visited Karanja where he was born. He met his mother, brothers & sister. He blessed them with knowledge & prmoved towards the sacred Godavari river. Godavari was known as Gowthami theertha which sprang upto Kailash. Lord shiva held her in His jata. Then the flow stopped. Rishis wanted this to reappear on earth again. Meanwhile, sage Gowthama had grown paddy near His ashram. One day a cow had come to eat the crop. As it was a cow, he threw a darbha grass on it to drive it away. As the divine will had it, she died. Gowthama incurred the sin of go-hatya. The only way to get out of this sin was to bring down Gowthami again. As Shiva obliged, waters flew as before. Hence the name Godhavari.

Sri Guru bathed in the holy river and turned to Manjarika theertha. He met Madhavaranya & blessed him the moksha. One day some disciples were having the sacred bath with the guru. A Brahmin suffering from stomach ache was getting ready to jump in a suicidal attempt in to the river. The master noticed him amongst the crowd. He smiled at him and assured him that we would cure the later.

A village officer Sayam Deva arrived and hailed from Kada Kanchi. He belonged to Yajur veda shaka. The guru asked him to invite the suffering Brahmin for a dinner. He readily agreed to do so. Sayam Deva also invited the master to receive Bhiksha offered by him. The guru graced his presence and sanctified his home. He was pleased with Sayam Deva’s Bhakthi. He relieved the sick Brahmin from his stomach ache and had dinner with him. Such is the kindness of the master. He made many happy and granted whatever they desired according to their Karma. Eating with the master worked as medicine for many. Sri Narasimha Saraswathi Yati spent most of his time in solving the devotees’ problems. However he did not rest. A great yogi & datta Deva himself, he could do things at his will.
    Here ends the 13th chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!
    May Lord Sri Dattatreya bless us all!osperity. Ratna tayi, his sister prostrated before him & sought to permit her to go for penance. The guru advised her to experience worldly miseries because she had sinned by kicking a cow in a previous birth. As a result, she would suffer from white patches in the old age. She can liberate her soul only when she meets Sri Guru again at Ganagapur, he added.

The story of Godavari:
    The master then

Sai bless you Renuka. Thanks

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 03:42:08 PM »
  • Publish
  • SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 14
    GRACE ON SAYAM DEVA
    Siddhayogi continued to narrate Sri Guru Charitram to Namadharak. The master was highly pleased with sayam deva’s bhakthi. He blessed him that his generation would be guru Bhakthas. Sayam deva was highly pleased at this gesture of the guru.
    ‘Oh! Master, you are indeed the incarnation of divine trinity. You are Brahma, Vishnu & Shiva in one form. You have taken this avatar to bless us all. I have a special prayer to you. The ruler of this province is very cruel. He takes pleasure in killing a Brahmin each day. My turn has come tomorrow. Please save me’ he prayed.
    The master kept his hand over his head & promised ‘Do not worry. I will be here tomorrow. Go visit the king and meet me’.
    The next morning, Sayam deva went to the king’s court. As he stepped in, the king’s head reeled and he fell off from his seat. He felt sleepy followed by burning sensation. The arrogant ruler rolled on the floor like a sick child.
    ‘I can not tolerate this pain sir, please go or else I may die’ he cried. Sayam Deva returned safe to Sri guru. He saluted the master and narrated the incident. The master smiled and blessed him. When sayam deva wished to follow the master, he stopped from doing so ‘Stay back, I will come again after 15 years, not now’ and so saying he left for Puri Vyjanath near Bidar. He stayed there for some time secretly.
    Here ends the 14th chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 01:40:22 PM »
  • Publish
  • SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 15
    PILGRIM’S GREATNESS

Siddhamuni resumed his narration of guru Charitram to Namadharak who showed earnest interest and devotion. Once Sri guru addressed his disciples ‘ Listen! You have entered into sanyasa. You are not supposed to stay in a place for more than a day or two. You shouldn’t develop any type of attachment with money or worldly things. Be traveling continuously. Theertha yatra is the best penance for us’, the master proclaimed. Sri guru instructed them  how to proceed. First a yati shall have Ganga snanam. Then a sanyasi shall bath in Yamuna, Kushavathi, Sutlej, Vipasha, Venya, sharavathi and other nearby holy rivers. Then they should visit Badri, Kurukshetra and other holy places. Ayodhya, Mathura, Kanchi, Gaya, Dwaraka and other pilgrim centres should be visited. One shall visit clockwise and return three times in his life.  Sreesailam, Thungabadra, Harihara and other places have to be visited.

After this holy journey, one shall come to Sri Guru’s place-Ganagapur. This Kshetra is on the confluence of Bhima and Amaraja rivers. There is a peepal tree, a holy pond Narasimha theertha exist there. Papanasana, Koti, Rudra theertha and Vinayaka theertha are also nearby. Kalmeshwara shiva temple is on the river banks. It was earlier known as Gandharva Bhuvana and now Ganagapura. When Jupiter enters simha rasi, a bath here blesses with prosperity and spiritual happiness. On Karkataka shankramana and Makara shankranthi days bathing here is auspicious. A holy bath in Krishna-Bhima sangam can solve many worldly problems. There are several such places around. One shall not stay more than five days even in a pilgrim centre. On the bank of Krishna many temples dedicated to Shiva, Vishnu are worth visiting. Narasimha temple, Kolhar, Rishyeshwar ashram are other holy places which are sacred to see. Sage Viswamithra realized Gayatri mantra at Shweta shrungha on Krishna banks.

Certain rules have to be observed while bathing in rivers. After Karkataka shankranthi, river waters are supposed to be polluted for two months. Ten days in Greeshma ruthu are also not auspicious. One has to avoid holy bath on such days.

Thus saying Sri Narasimha saraswathi sent his disciples for pilgrimage and stayed back at Puri Vyjyanth. “I was with him, lucky am I” said siddhayogi.

Here ends the 15th chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!

Sai Datta bless Renuka always. Thanks

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 08:27:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 16
    GURU’S GREATNESS

Siddhayogi resumed the narration of Sri gururcharitram to Namadharak.  ‘We stayed at Vyjanath for one year’, he added.

One day a learned Brahmin approached the great master and prostrated before him. He said, : “Holy sir! I have mastered the veda, vedantas and observed Tapas. But I do not know anything about myself. Please impart Jnana to me.”

Sri guru smiled and replied: “ How did you do all this without a Guru?”. The Brahmin said he had a guru who would always ask him to do impossible things. He didn’t teach him anything; but asked him to be calm. So he returned to the house leaving guru’s ashram. Then the master quoted an episode from Upanishad, told in the adiparvam of Mahabharatha.

There was a boy by name Upamanyu in the gururkula of sage dhowmya. He was undergoing studentship along with AAruni & Bynda. Once the guru asked the Aaruni to stop water in his fields which was out- flowing. Aaruni went to the field. He slept like a log and stopped the out-flow.

When AAruni did not return even after sunset, the master went near the field and called him by his name. He blessed AAruni with knowledge, sent him back to marry and settle down as a house holder.

Another day Guru called Bynda. He told him to cut paddy and stock in the ashram. After working for a few hours, he could do the job. But the cart he was pulling got struck in the watery fields. He fell in the mud.

When Bynda did not return late in the evening, the guru went to the field, lifted the disciple and sent him to his house. He blessed him all the knowledge he had. He told him to become a house holder and start a family.

The master wanted to test Upamanyu. The boy was taking cows to graze and was a glutton. He would eat a lot and sleep snoring. He never showed interest in learning. Once the master ordered him to come to the ashram only in the evening.

Upamanyu returned. He had stealthily gone to beg alms and the Guru objected to it. The next day he drank milk and appeased his hunger. When the master raised  his objections for this, he drank the juice of Arka plant(a poisonous juice). He became blind. Blind Upamanyu fell into a ditch. The master searched for him. When he called him by name, he replied from the ditch. He lifted him up, requested the Doctor divinity, the Ashwins, to restore his sight. Upamanyu got back his sight. Dhowmya blessed him with all knowledge and sent him home.

Upamanyu later started his Gurukula and trained many boys in Vedas and made them scholars. Such is Guru’s powers.

Thus the Guru narrated the anecdote  from scriptures and asked the Brahmin to seek a guru. Only then he can have full fledged learning. Learning books is of no avail, he added.

The Brahmin sought the Guru’s blessings and very soon he got it. A touch of Sri Guru made  him  a spiritually realized soul.

It was nearing an year after the master arrived at Puri Vyjanath. He decided to move on to Bhilwadi, on the banks of river Krishna. He sanctified the Bhuvaneshwari temple there with his divine presence.

Sri Narasimha saraswathi yati, then decided to stay under the Audumbura tree on the left bank of Krishna.

Here ends the 16th chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!

Baba Sai bless my friend Renuka always. JaiSaiRam

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 06:59:18 AM »
  • Publish
  • SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 17
    GURU’S GRACE

Siddhamuni continued thus:
    As Sri guru took resort under the holy Aaudumbhara vriksha, devotees thronged in large numbers to seek his blessings. The master blessed them all. After a few months, he decided to stay alone in a secret place.  But the devotees got to him like the calves reaching the mother cows, when they are hungry.

There was a Brahmin in Karaveerapura, a scholar in Vedas. His only son was a dull boy. People around him teased him as dull headed. The boy was disgusted and decided to end his life. Before this, as divine will had it, he decided to have the holy darshan of Sri Bhuvaneswari. He fasted for three days at the Kshetra. He cut his tongue with a knife and placed before the Devi out of desperation.

Sri Bhuvaneswari appeared before him and said:
    ‘Son, do not lose hopes. Go to Sri Guru near audumbhara. Seek His blessings. He is the divine trinity who can give you everything.

As per Devi’s instructions, the Brahmin left for Sri guru Dharshan. The Guru identified him from a distance as a cow would recognize her calf. He prostrated before the guru and composed stotra in his praise.
    Here ends the 17th chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!

Sai bless Renuka always. Thanks!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 06:32:24 AM »
  • Publish
  • SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 18
    THE MASTER BLESSES POOR
    Sri Narasimha saraswathy swamy stayed a few days at Bhilwadi and visited Varunasangam. In other two days he reached the banks of Krishna river where several pilgrim centres dot the area. The master visited the Pancha ganga. The confluence of Shiva, Krishna, Bhogawathi, Saraswathi and Kumbhi rivers. It is also called Amarapuram. Sri amareshwara Shiva is worshipped there. He stayed here for twelve years. Many devotees visited him during this rare occasion. The guru blessed them all. He never looked for caste or learning. All that he expected was a child like devotion and pure love.

There lived a Brahmin in Amarapuram. He was learned but suffered from poverty. His learning was not  recognized by moneyed ones .Once Sri guru visited him uninvited. The Brahmin felt ashamed at his poverty. However he offered him some cowpeas he had grown in the backyard.
    “Look! Your poverty shall go! You will prosper”, so blessed the guru. Strange is the behaviour of the great. The guru did a strange thing before he left the brahmin’s house. He took out the cowpea plant from its roots and threw away. The poor brahmin’s wife was annoyed. She ridiculed the guru. But the  Brahmin who believed that Guru is next only to god and a moving god pacified her. He started digging the soil to remove the roots of the bean plant. Much to his surprise, he heard a metallic sound from the earth. Later he discovered three copper pots filled with gold coins. He took these pots as guru’s gifts. The Brahmin immediately rushed to the place the guru had resided. He narrated the incident and sought his pardon for his wife’s rebukes.

The Guru said:
    Doesn’t matter. Poverty might have made her to speak so. Go home. Do not tell the wealth you got. Live a happy life. Offer whenever you can to the poorer. Never eat alone. Keep your dependents happy. May Lord bless you.

The satisfied man returned home and lived for a long time helping those in trouble. He was a regular visitor to Sri Guru’s place thereafter.
    Here ends the 18th chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!

Sai bless Renuka and her family always. Thanks!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 09:13:26 AM »
  • Publish
  • SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 19
    SRI GURU’S YOGIC POWERS
    Siddhamuni continued to narrate the glory of Sri guru and his yogic attainment. He had a strong reason to choose audumbhara tree for his presence.

When Lord Narasimha killed Hiranyakasipu to bless Bhakt Prahlad, he was very furious. To cool him, Lakshmi applied some audumbhara (ATTI) fruits to his nails. The Lord then blessed audumbhara tree, “You shall be a blessed tree. Your mere dharshan will relieve poison and evil spirits. Those who meditate sitting under you shall attain yogic powers. I shall reside with Lakshmi in you always”. The Lord proclaimed. Hence Sri Narasimha saraswathi selected audumbhara tree to sit.
    During his stay in audumbhara kshetra, the master didn’t go out for alms. The villagers wanted to see how the master could survive without any food. They deputed a servant to guru’s place.
    It was one afternoon when the hidden villager saw from a distance Guru’s strange but wonderful powers. He was shocked, ran back to the village and took a long time to narrate what he saw there.
    There was a paddy field near guru’s ashram.  Sixty four yoginis assembled there serving the guru  with the choicest fruits, milk and sweets. They offered him incense, flowers and water. He was bathed in perfumes and water first. Then the master ate very little and walked with them over the fully flowing Krishna river.
    The owner of the field stealthily followed the guru and the yoginis. Krishna water gave way for the divine group. After a while they saw a city of brilliance and splendour, many devotees of the master had assembled there, prayed and welcomed him.

After a moment, the master turned back to the man who followed them and spoke thus:
    “Why did you come here?. Do not reveal to any one what you have seen here now.” The farmer asked Guru’s mercy and prayed: “Oh! Great one! You are indeed the divine trinity. Please pardon me.” When he opened his closed eyes, he was back in his fields. He found a pot full of gold and silver coins there. He turned noble, shared the money grains and prospered.

It was magha pournima day. The farmer revealed to the master  his desire to have a bath in the holy Ganga. The master smiled and said: “Do not worry. Let us go to Ganga now, Hold my shawl”. The farmer held the tip of Guru’s saffron cloth. He was at Ganga a while after. He bathed in Ganga, had Vishwanatha shiva’s Dharshan and was soon back with the master.
    Sri Narasimha saraswathi yati wanted to be in isolation for some more time. He installed annapoorneswari, left His padukas for the devotees to have dharshan and decided to reach Ganagapur for deep meditaion.
    Here ends the 19th chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!

SaiBaba bless our Renuka and her family always. Thanks!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 09:03:39 AM »
  • Publish
  • SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 20
    SRI GURU ENLIVENS DEAD
    Siddayogi was impressed by Namdharak’s total devotion to Sri guru. He continued to narrate the greatness of Sri Narasimha Saraswathi Avatar of Sri guru. He narrated another instance of guru’s grace on even ordinary people of those days.

Shirol is a small town near Gulbarga. There lived a Brahmin couple, Sadananda and Parvati. They were generous, god-fearing and kind to all. They kept their doors open to guests. But they had no children. They were very much worried.

Once sadananda enquired a knowledgeable  elder about his misfortune. He learnt that he was a miserly one in his earlier birth.`He had loaned one hundred rupees from another Brahmin of shounaka gotra who had breathed his last without repayment of the debt, which is why Sadananda was haunted by the spirit of the dead who cursed him to be without any progeny. Those born were dying in a few months.

Some elders advised him to perform that brahmin’s last rites and give the hundred rupees he had borrowed, to a person from shounaka gotram. They also advised him to seek blessings from Sri Guru.

Parvati was worried. She had no money to repay the debts; knew none from shounaka gotram. She was worried. Then on a certain day, some one advised her to go to Bhima – amaraja Sangam, have a bath and worship Sri Gurupaadukas. This would certainly relieve her from the miseries, they added.

She left the next morning to Audumbhara. After a bath in holy sangam, prostrated before the Guru Paaduka and fasted for three days.

On the night of these days, she saw the spirit of the dead Brahmin. He asked her to repay the debt or else said he would trouble the family. Then the Guru stopped him in the dream. He addressed the spirit: “Do not bother this innocent woman. Be content with whatever she repays. Otherwise, I shall punish you”.

The spirit got scared. He readily agreed and asked: “OH! Great one! How can I come out of this ghostly form? I feel like amid the fire forever. Please save me”.
    Sri guru blessed the spirit and assured that after ten days, his ghostly form will disappear and it would be liberated. It happened later. The Brahmin woman had a dream of Sri guru blessing her with two fruits.
    The great one blessed her: “You shall have two sons. Do what we tell you” and told her some observances. She did these.
    Parvati delivered two male kids in a few months. The elder one was bright and clever.
    At the age of five, she wanted to perform upanayanam for the boy.  But to her utter dismay, he died of epilepsy. The parents were shocked. They believed that he was Guru’s gift.  How could he die? They wondered.

The couple didn’t cremate the boy’s body. They fervently prayed Sri Guru of ganagapur. Later in the evening, a brahmachari came there. He advised her to sprinkle the vibhuti of sri guru on the body.  Soon the boy got up as it were from a slumber.
    Here ends the 20th chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!

Baba Sai bless our Renuka always. Thnaks!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 02:50:51 AM »
  • Publish
  • SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 21
    STRI DHARMA

Siddha yogi continued to narrate Gurucharitram to namadharak. Sri guru explained the death and temporance of life to the woman. We have all come from five elements of nature; our physical frame goes back. Again we take a new garment of another form. Affection, lust, greed, dissatisfaction follow.
    Satva, rajas and tamas express good, ordinary and cruel nature. A jnani does not bother about death. He loves death and invites it, when it comes. Our body is made of flesh, fluids, bones, blood and other constituents.
    The cycle of Birth, death, days go on and on…. When one is dead, we should think that is  the start of another life. Do not attach unnecessary importance to life. The guru enlivened the Brahmin boy to show that life is temporary.

People who had come to perform last rites of the boy were shocked. Some even grumbled it to be black magic. But many of them knew Sri Guru’s mystic powers.

The boy opened his eyes and cried for some water, he was hungry. The couple took the boy to the audumbhara and offered pooja at the Gurupaadhuka.

The boy got up and melodiously started to sing in praise of Sri Guru. Such is the sanctity of Guru paadukasthan at Audumbhara kshetram. Many witnessed this unbelievable incident. All were in praise of the Master. They prostrated before Him in love & devotion, The Guru proved Himself as Mrutyunjaya-one who has conquered death.

Here ends the 21st chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!

Baba Sai bless Renuka always. Thanks!

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 01:15:56 PM »
  • Publish

• SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 22
    DUTIES OF A WOMAN

Siddha yogi continued to narrate Gurucharitram to namadharak. When the Master arrived at Ganagapur, he stayed near the sangam with out revealing to the public. He resorted to a peepal tree, very close to the sangam.

Once Sri guru went to a poor Brahmin’s house for alms. He had a buffalo which never yielded milk. Hence he had rented out the animal to a farmer and some how led a living with poverty.

The house holder was not at home when Guru visited. His wife welcomed the Master & offered Him a place to squat. The Master asked, Mother, I am hungry. Can I get some milk here? The lady shy fully explained her plight. She told the master why the unyielding buffalo was hired out. She expected the husband’s arrival soon.

The Master smiled and asked:
    Amma, why do you tell a lie? Your buffalo can give milk. Get some milk soon he said. The lady had to go near the buffalo with a vessel, as she believed His yogic powers. To her surprise, she got two pots of milk from the buffalo.

The Guru drank some milk. He gave back another pot and blessed. “Let there be prosperity in your house always”. So saying, He left to His ashram.

The Brahmin’s wife narrated this incident to her husband soon after his return. The couple made a visit to Sri Guru Matham next day and prostrated before Guru.

Here ends the 22nd chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!

Baba bless our Renuka always

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 05:54:19 PM »
  • Publish
  • [/b]

SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 23
    DUTIES OF A HOUSE HOLDER

Siddha yogi continued to narrate Gurucharitram to namadharak. His greatness spread like parijatha flower. People from different parts of the country thronged to have Guru dharshan.

Sri Narasimha saraswati yati blessed them all. None returned with out a wish granted or spiritually enlightened. His fame reached far corners of India. Though He stationed Himself in Ganagapur, devotees from North, East and west directions sought His blessings.

He was the celestial tree and celestial cow for the seekers. The poor Brahmin blessed with prosperity through his cattle made a good living thereafter.

On a certain day, a farmer approached him for asking his buffalo on rent. He politely refused. He narrated Sri Guru’s grace and showed the milching buffalo. News of this miracle reached the village head.

The village head visited Sri Guru’s ashram the next day with choicest fruits, flowers and gold. Sri Guru asked him not to offer them to Him. Instead he could help those in need. Why did you arrive here? I am an ascetic who does not have anything. Do not bother me with worldly gifts and offerings he said.

The villagers prostrated with their leader and one among them spoke:
    Oh! Great master! You are the Divine Trinity on Earth. We have learnt your kindness, grace and powers. Kindly bless us all and accept our little offering though your kind self is not in need of them. Please be here with us. We shall build a Matam for you. Please accept our small request.

Sri Guru agreed and soon as Ashram was built in Ganagapur. Villagers arranged a grand procession of Sri Guru. The procession stopped in front of a land lord’s house. There was a huge peepal tree opposite the house. Sri guru wanted to stop a while there. When He came out of the palanquin, there was a thunderous noise. A Brahma rakshasa haunting the house hold and the village spurted out from the tree. It stood before the Master in human form.

The spirit bowed & said, Oh! Great Master, All my sins have dissolved on your Holy dharshan. Show mercy on me & save me from this treacherous form.

Sri guru blessed him and ordered him to bathe in the sangam. The evil spirit lost its form after the holy bath & attained Moksha by Master’s grace. The holy Master solved miseries of many. He did not expect any thing in return. It was a motherly affection to those who sincerely believed in Him.

Master also taught a lesson or two to those who came with a mal intention. Those who teased Him verbally or spiritually or physically returned speech less after turning to Him as disciples.

Once a group of scholars wanted to test the knowledge & scholarship of the divine Master. They arrived at His monastery with elaborate preparation.

The leader of the group entered the premises. To his surprise he saw Lord Narasimha, his own house deity and bowed before Him.  In a moment, He saw Sri. Guru. All His followers surrendered.

Here ends the 23rd chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!

Sai bless Renuka and her family always.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 07:30:09 PM »
  • Publish
  • SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 24
    GURU MAHIMA
    Siddhayogi continued to narrate Gurucharitram to namadharak. He described how the Master removed the pride and ignorance of people who thought big of themselves. A proud scholar by name Trivikrama Bharathi was from Kumsi near Bidar. The Master knew this by His yogic vision. One day He called a disciple and said, let us visit Kumsi. I want to meet the great vedic scholar there.

Trivikrama  Bharathi was an Upasaka of Lord Narasimha. On that day he was mentally worshipping the Lord. But to his amazement he couldn’t concentrate for a long time. He was disturbed during meditation.

He woke up from meditation and looked out. He found a saffron clad Swamiji and His disciples. For him, the swami ji looked like his Lord Narasimha Himself. Earlier, he had ridiculed the Guru as a man of miracles and black magic. Now he realised and felt ashamed.

When the retinue reached nearer, Trivikrama bowed to the Master and prostrated before Him. He with folded hands prayed to Him,‘Oh! Guru! You are indeed great. Pardon me; you are an avatar of the Trinity. I ridiculed you earlier by ignorance. I was interested in verbal arguments and debate than real spiritual path. I wasted my time with out knowing the path of Guru Bhakti and dedication. Please pardon me’.

The Guru blessed him. He said ‘look, do not think little of other spiritual masters, Do not decide by scholar ship, the status of a yogi. Jnana and Bhakti are important. One should follow the path of vairagya. Take care of your inner self and spiritual evolution. Stop fighting with grammar and scholarship. Verbal knowledge never helps any one in self attainment, Words do not reach the supreme. They stop in the middle. You shall be liberated soon, He blessed.

Trivikrama greeted the Guru, offered Him pooja and Bhiksha and was now a changed person. Thus the Guru changed iron to gold. Whoever came in to the Master’s fold, never erred. They walked in spiritual path of Divine love and bliss.

Here ends the 24th chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!

SaiBaba bless Renuka always.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 08:44:11 AM »
  • Publish
  • SRI GURU CHARITRAM
    CHAPTER 25
    GURU’S KINDNESS
    Namadharak, impressed by the Siddhayogi’s narration asked him, Oh! Great one! What happened when the Master was on his tour to Bidar and surroundings. Please tell me”

Siddhayogi narrated the happenings. There was a Muslim ruler in Bidar. He was against Hindu gods, Vedas and Brahmins. In fact he even made fun of them. He some times made vedic pundits recite Vedas in his presence  under the threat of life. If some one refused, he would put him to death. At times, he would award them with clothes and gold. He was insulting vedic culture. Those helpless Brahmins could not oppose him. 

Some greedy scholars went to his palace, recited Vedas and got money. Those who were noble fled the region for safety. Once he invited two Brahmins to recite the Vedas. They did. He was impressed. He asked them, “what do you want as  gift?”

The proud pandits told the king to call vedic scholars of the region for a debate. Some attended. A few went there, had to surrender with a letter of defeat. Both of them, full of pride, received huge money and certificate from the king.

When they arrived at Kumsi, they invited Trivikrama Bharathi for a debate. Trivikrama did not surrender. He basically argued with them and sent them to ganagapur for a final debate with Sri guru himself.

Trivikrama said I am not interested in further arguments with you. I do not believe in worldly victory or failure. If you feel to argue more go to Ganagapur. Sri Narasimha Saraswathy Swamy stays there. If you win Him, You will get wholesome fame. Please go.

The two scholars left to Ganagapur in the palanquins gifted by the Muslim king. Trivikrama accompanied them. On reaching ganagapur, he went in and briefed the Master about them. The Guru called them in.  He offered them seats and said, “Look! Vedas are Eternal. Knowing the Vedas in full is impossible even to gods. No need to argue”. This silenced the pundits who invited Guru for an argument in grammar and logic.

Here ends the 25th chapter of Sri guru charitram.
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha!
    Aum Sai Ram!

Baba Sai bless Renuka and her family always. Thanks!

Facebook Comments