Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: SHRI GURU CHARITRA  (Read 103019 times)

Offline san2004

• Blessings 2
    • Sai Baba
Re: SHRI GURU CHARITRA
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2005, 09:40:34 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM,

Chapter XXV
    Impudent Brahmins vanity

There was a cruel Muslim king in Vidura. He used to call the Brahmins, ask them to recited Vedas and explain their meaning. He would then give money to such Brahmins. He would say that if Brahmins kill animals in sacrifices, then why should they blame us for killing animals?
    One day two Brahmins, knowing three Vedas, came to the king and said to him, `If there are any learned Brahmins in your city, call them to discuss with us on all the four Vedas.
    The king inquired, but no learned Brahmin came forward to discuss with these Brahmins. They decided to visit other places in the country and discuss. Vedas with Brahmins and obtain victory certificates from them.
    In course of time they came to Kumasi and invited Trivikram Bharati for discussion or else demanded a certificate for victory.
    Trivikram Bharati humbly declined to discuss. But due to their persistence he said, `My Gurudeo resides at Ganagapur. Let us go there. You will be given certificates if necessary.'
    Trivikram Bharati and two Brahmins came to Ganagapur. Trivikram bowed to Shri Guru and told him why those Brahmin had come there.
    Shri Guru asked the Brahmins' `Why do you want to discuss? We being Sanyasis do not give any importance to victory or defeat. What will you gain by such discussion?'
    The Brahmins said, `We have roamed all over the country and have won victory everywhere. Here we have several certificates of victory. Hence you and Trivikram can both discuss with us.'
    Shri Guru: `Vanity results in destruction. What was bali's fate? What did Banasur gain? Ravana and Kauravas have also perished. Even Brahma and others do not know all the Vedas. So think over again and give up the idea of discussing.'
    Still he impudent Brahmins insisted to have a discussion.
    JAI SAI RAM,
    Sanjiv

Offline rbpmalar

• Blessings 1
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #31 on: August 25, 2005, 12:18:38 AM »
  • Publish
  • Omsai. Dear brother Sanjiv ji, where can I purchase this book. I'm from Malaysia. Please email me rbpmalar@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Humble servant of Baba
    Malar
    Humble servant of Baba
    Malar

Offline Shammi

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #32 on: August 25, 2005, 12:45:54 AM »
  • Publish
  • Dear Malar ..

You can  find the online version of the book on
    http://guru-charitra.shreeswami.org/guru-charitra-index.htm

As mentioned in the preface "Many indians, especially the younger generation cannot ead/understand their mother tounge languages due to convent education. Also, many NRIs may not be able to purchase the printed version of this GURU CHARITRA."
    Therefore, this Online Version of Guru Charitra hopes to bridge this gap."

It also says ...

To Purchase the printed version of GURU CHARITRA by Late.K.V.R.Rao, kindly contact the below address:

Publishers of "GURU CHARITRA by Late.K.V.R.Rao" :

Shree Swami Samartha Vishwa Kalyan Kendra
    Main Centre: Karnal Apta Phata, Post Barapada,Panvel.
    Dist: Raigad, Maharashtra, Pin: 410 206
    E-Mail :- nana_paranjpe@rediffmail.com
    Official Website: http://www.swamikrupakendra.com

Phone Number :- (91) 22 - 5223473
    =============================================================

I have one contact in Malaysia who is also a sai devotee..

Would ask him .. if he has procured from some place and would let you know of the same

SAIRAM

Bow to Sri Sai - Raksha Karo Deva !!!

Offline Shammi

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #33 on: August 25, 2005, 12:50:16 AM »
  • Publish
  • SAIRAM

Let me continue from where Sanjiv  bhai left .....
    ==================================================

GURU CHARITRA : Chapter No 26
            The infinite glory of the Vedas and their true Purport

Siddhamuni continued the narrative...............

Sri Narasimha Saraswati told the pundits that it was wrong, presumptuous and childish on their part to believe that they had mastered all the Vedas and gained all knowledge. It is indeed beyond the ken and capacity of anybody, even of gods, to have full and proper understanding of the Vedas.

The Vedas are indeed countless and endless - "Ananta Vai Vedah", it is said. Even Brahmadeva could not gauge the extent of the Vedas. The Lord Himself had to incarnate on earth as Badarayana, .ie, Vyasa, and he collated a small portion of them into the four Vedas, which we have heard of. It is indeed a very very tiny portion of the original Vedic lore abstracted for the purpose of making a beginning and for paving the way for Dharmic life. Even Badarayana, in truth, could not find the beginning and end of the Vedas. As even these four Vedas, tiny portions from the original which is limitless, cannot all be studied and understood by anyone, even if he is allotted aeons of life. Vyasa Bhagvan taught each one of the Vedas (some little portion of each) to one student each, each of whom was specially blessed with the full extent of a Kalpa for their study, Paila learnt a small portion which goes under the name of Rig Veda, Vaisampayana learnt another small portion which goes under the name of Yajur Veda; Jamini learnt Sama Veda and Sumanta learnt Atharva Veda. These at least they could learn, only because of the special grace of their Guru, Vyasa Bhagwan. That being the case, how ridiculous it was for any man, whoose life span was so short to claim and boast that he had mastered the Vedas!

In ancient times, Bharadwaja Rishi resolved himself that he should learn and master all the Vedas. As he proceeded with his study, he found that although decades and centuries were rolling by, the progress he could make was too little. He undertook penance to propitiate Brahma and when Brahma appeared before him, he prayed "Grant me as much life span as would suffice for my completing the study of the Vedas". Brahmadeva smiled, as if in derision, and said, "My child! I can make you Chiranjeevi (an immortal), but alas, it is beyond all my powers to help you to make a complete study of all Vedas. See there are infinite heights of the Vedas". As he said this, Bharadwaja Rishi could see the splendorous mountains of the Vedas, their peaks hardly visible, and penetrating into the highest skies. Their effulgence was like that of a million suns. Bharadwaja instantly realised his folly in hoping that he could master all the Vedas, which would never be possible even if he granted millions and millions of aeons as his lifespan. He was crest fallen and fell at the feet of Brahma, that he should somehow bless him with the Vedic wisdom. Brahma gave him three handful of material from the infinite mountain peaks and told him "If you can study and understand this much, you will be most blessed indeed." Bradwaja strove for all his life and he could not complete that much study even, of the three handfuls of material that Brahmadeva gave him. Guru Nath again said, that being the case, how fallacious it is for a mere mortal of he Kali age to claim that he has mastered all the Vedas, alas!

Guru Nath now started speaking of the glory of the Vedas and their structure, which was unheard of before by any. Guru Nath said that this was what had been told Vyasa Bhagwan to each of his disciples regarding the respective Vedas he had taught them. Briefly it is as under;

Rig Veda has its auxiliary Ayurveda, the Science of Life. It is presiding deity is Brahma. Its Gotra is Atryasa. Its chandas is Gayatri. The Rig Veda Purusha has red lotus like broad eyes, and a three feet long shapely neck. He has beautiful flowing locks of hair. Rig Veda has all in all 12 sections or divisions. It's systematic recital, with the correct inontation, endows greatest merit. Much of the portion of Rig Veda is not known to any in the Kali Age.
    Yajur Veda has it's auxiliary Dhanurveda (the science of Archery and weapons). It' s presiding deity is Rudra. It's gotra is Bharadwaja. Its chandas is Tristup. The Yajurveda Purusha has bright lotus like eyes, with an efflugent body & majestic stature.

Yajur Veda has 86 Bedhas (Sections or divisions) .It is humanly impossible to explain every section of this Veda. each section has so many sub-sections, chapter, branches which are dealt with in great detail, but are not easily comprehensible. They have profound meaning and implications. They deal with sacrifices, Achara-Vidhis, the detailed instructions governing the performance of sacrifices, the mantas for the purpose and strict discipline to be observed by the brahmin, especially by the priests officiating at such sacrifices. This Veda broadly consists of Mantras, Brahmanas, Samhitas and Aranyaks.

This Veda has eight Upangas, viz, Pratipada, Abupada, Chandas, Bhasha, Dharma, Mimasa, Nyaya and Tarka. It also has six Angas (limbs) namely Siksha, Kalpaka, Vyakarana, Nirukta, Chandas and Jyotisha.

Sama Veda has its Upaveda, Gandharva Vidya/Veda. It is presiding deity is Vishnu. Its chandas is Jagati. Its Gotra is Kasyapasa. Samam Veda has a Thousand Sakhas (sections). The Sama Veda Purusha dons on his neck a beautiful flower garland and wears a white waist cloth. He has all the virtues like sama and dama, ie, total mastery over senses and mind. He has radiant eyes, a most fair complexioned golden splendoured body and is 9 feet in height.

Atharva Veda is full of Mantra Shastra. Its Upaveda is Astra Vidya/Veda. It's presiding deity is Indra. Its Gotra is Vaijanasa. Its chandas is Tristup. The Atharva Veda Purusha is of fierce form and of dark complexion. He is not an austure as the other three Veda Purushas. Atharvana Mantras can be used for malevolent purpose also and thus misused. The Veda has chiefly Nine Bedhas (sections) and five Kalpas.

Sri Narasimha Saraswati told the pundits that the Vedas are most profound. They are sole protection for mankind both in the world here and worlds thereafter. They are to be worshipped as Mother. Humility is the true mark of scholarship. He again emphasised that the knowledge, if at all anyone can gain and profess about the Veda, will be just no more than a grain of sand while the Vedic lore is like the unending stretch of the sandy shores of all seas of the earth.
    The pundits, in their pride, could not grasp the wise counsel of Sri Narasimha Saraswati and still kept up the air of arrogance.

Thus ends the Twenty-sixth Chapter of Sri Guru Charitra giving "A brief account of the four Vedas and their infinite glory".

"Glory to the All merciful, the OmniPresent and the ever responsive Guru Nath...."

JAI GURUDEVA  DATTA

« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 12:52:06 AM by Shammi »

Offline san2004

• Blessings 2
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 01:13:17 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM,
    Thanks Shammi, for posting the Chapter of Guru Charita in my absence.
    Jai Sai Ram,
    Sanjiv

Offline san2004

• Blessings 2
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 01:19:01 AM »
  • Publish
  • Chapter XXVII
    Harijan Becomes A Learned Brahmin

Shri Guru saw a man passing by. He asked his disciples to call him. He was a Harijan. He bowed to Shri Guru and prayed for liberation.
    Shri Guru gave a stick to a disciple and asked him to draw seven parallel lines. On doing this Shri Guru asked the Harijan to cross a line. The Harijan crossed the first line and Shri Guru asked him who he was. He said he was a Kirat. On crossing the second line, he had more knowledge. On crossing the third he said he was a gangasut i.e. a boatman. On crossing the fourth he became a Shudra. On crossing the fifth he became Somdatta Vaishya. On crossing the sixth he was a Kshatriya named Godavari. On crossing the seventh line, he said, `I am a Brahmin. I know Vedas, Shastras, Vyakaran and my name is Adhyapak (Teacher).
    Shri Guru said, `These two Brahmins have come to discuss Veda Shastras. You may discuss with them' So saying he asked him to apply enchanted vibuthi to his body due to which he looked more bright.
    Seeing this miracle, the Brahmins began to tremble with fear and started getting pain in the heart. They fell on the feet of Shri Guru and said, `We are great offenders. Kindly forgive us and liberate us. You are incarnation of three Gods and Guru of the world. Your greatness is indescribable.'
    Shri Guru said, `You have harassed Trivikram Muni and have committed many other offenses' You will become Brahma-rakshasas and have to suffer for your sins.'
    The Brahmins again entreated, `How shall we be free from this worldly sea?'
    Shri Guru: 'You shall be Brahma-Rakshasas for twelve years. Shuknarayan, a Brahmin will come and advise you and then your sins will be wiped off and you will be liberated. You go to the river now.' The Brahmins went to the river. They had severe heart-pain and they died, They lived as Brahma-Rakshasas and after twelve years they were liberated.
    The Harijan Brahmin said to Shri Guru, 'I was a Brahmin, then how was I degenerated? What sins had I committed? Kindly enlighten me.'

Jai Sai Ram,
    Sanjiv

Offline san2004

• Blessings 2
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 11:07:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM,

Chapter XXVIII
    Advice of Karma Vipak to the Harijan

Shri Guru said, `I will tell you the account of your past life. One gets birth as per one's good or bad actions. If Shudra enjoys with a Brahmin woman he becomes a Chandal. Brahmins and persons of other castes are degenerated if they lead a faulty life.
    One who leaves his parents or Guru and goes elsewhere and who forsakes his wife becomes a Chandal. One who adores other deities, leaving one's family god, who speaks a lie, who kills animals, sells his daughter, takes Shudra's food, sells horses, enjoys with Shudra women, sets fire to the forest, separates a cow from its calves, rides on an ox, becomes a Chandal.
    A Brahmin after going to a holy place, does not bathe there and does not observe six Karmas, his first wife being alive, marries with another and forsakes the first, who enjoys with widows, becomes degenerated. Similarly one who breaks tanks and wells, causes split in Brahmins' houses, enjoys with wives of master, Guru or a friend, takes meals in the evening, runs away from the battle field leaving the master, tells Vedas to Shudras, does not observe shraddha, (anniversary of parents etc.) speaks about one's virtues, administers medicines without knowing the pulse, censures Hari and Har also gets birth in a Chandal family.
    One who learns mantras from Shudras, mixes water in cow's milk, becomes a dog. One, who criticizes Vedas, disrespects. Brahmins, suffers from stone in the bladder. One, who causes abortions of women, becomes neutral and even if he has issues they do not survive.
    One who steals gold, suffers from syphilis, he who steals book becomes blind. One who steals at his friend's house, suffers from glands in the neck. A thief of food articles suffers from tumor. One who takes away other's wife, becomes a Brahma Rakshas. One who takes away money offered to god becomes a leper. One who takes away money offered to God becomes a steals cow's milk becomes a leper.
    The bad results of adultery are given in Shantiparva of Mahabharat. One, who embraces other's wife, becomes a dog for 100 lives and then a serpent. One who sees the vagina of other's wife becomes blind. One who enjoys with a friend's wife or maternal aunt, becomes a dog If a Shudra enjoys with a Brahmin woman, both will become worms.'
    Hearing this Trivikram asked, `If one has committed a sin, how can it be wiped off?'
    Shri Guru: `If there is real repentance, the sin is wiped off. Prayashchittas (Puritive acts) are given in `Karma Vipak' as follows. Take Brahmadand. Give cow with ornaments in charity to a Brahmin. If this is not possible give money. If the sin is minor then giving of a gold coin will suffice. If a man and his wife both have committed a sin both should take Prayashchitta or recite `Gayatri' mantra ten thousand times or feed 12 Brahmins. `Gayatri Krichhra' `Prajapati Krichhra' means to take meal once a day or take `madhukari' (food alms taken at Brahmins) and have fasts for 3 days, mild sins are wiped off by this act.
    In `Ati Krichhra' take 15 morsels of food in the morning and 12 in the night or take eight morsels of madhukari food each in the morning and in the night. Take ghee for 3 days and milk for 3 days, live only on air for 3 days and then only milk for 3 days and then take only milk for 21 days. A weak person can observe fast taking ti, gur, parched paddy (Lahi). In `Parna Krichhra' water in which leaves of certain trees are dipped, is to be taken. One should declare one's sin in meeting openly. `Tirth Krichhra' means to go to a holy place, take bath and recite Gayatri mantra for twelve hundred times. All sins are destroyed by doing this. Bath at Setubandh wipes off sin of killing a child in womb. Recitation of a crore of Gayatri mantra wipes off even the sin of a Brahmahatya.
    Pavmansukta, Indra mitra, Shunah shep, Apamadhya, Tadvishnoh, Purushsukta from the Vedas will wipe off sins if recited daily. Taking of Pancha Gavya (mixture of 5 things i.e. Cow's milk, curds, ghee, cow's urine and dung) after repentance, destroys sins committed due to ignorance.
    Brahmahatya, drinking, enjoying with guru's wife, theft of gold and cooperation in these crimes are the five great sins which are destroyed by the favor of Shri Guru'.
    Shri Guru told the Harijan, `You were a Brahmin but you disregarded your parents and therefore, you have become a Chandal. You bathe at the Sangam for a month and your sins will be wiped off'.
    The Harijan said, `A crow becomes a Rajhansa on going to the Manas lake; similarly I have been pure by your sight (Darshan). How can the iron transformed into gold by the touch of paris (Philosopher's stone) be iron again?' Assimilate me now amongst the Brahmins'.
    Shri Guru smiled and said, `You are born in a low caste. How can you be a Brahmin without change of the present day? In the former times, Vishwamitra was born as Kshatriya; by penance he called himself a `Brahmarishi'. Indra and other gods said, `If our guru Vasishta calls you `Brahmarishi' we shall follow his verdict.' Vasishta did not address Vishwamitra as `Brahmarishi' Vishwamitra was enraged and he killed 100 sons of Vasishta and came to eat the flesh of the corpse. Thus the bhasma touched the dead body of the Brahmin He being a sinner, was being taken by the Yamadoots. But as his body had the marks of bhasma, Shivadoots also came to carry him to Shiva's place. The Shivadoots attacked the Yamadoots, who then left the Brahmin's corpse and complained to Yama, who came to the Shivadoots and angrily asked them. "Why did you take that sinful Brahmin from my men?" The Shivadoots told him, "The body of the Brahmin and marks of bhasma on it and so as per Shiva's orders we are taking him to touch the body, with marks of Bhasma." Being satisfied Yama then went away.
    Brahma Rakshas said, `When I was the king, I had constructed a tank in a forest and had given some land to the Brahmins. So as told by Yama, I had the fortune to see you in this 25th life. Kindly tell me how bhasma is to be applied and liberate me from the cycle of births and deaths.'
    Vamdev said, `Shri Shankar had gone to Mandrachal along with his Rudragan. Indra, Brahmadev, Vasishta, Narad, Yaksh, Gandharva and Rishis also had come there to see Shri Shankar. Who was seated on a beautiful throne, having seven backgrounds, all very bright and made of precious stones. He had the Moon on his forehead, locks of hair on his head, Takshak on one ear and Vasuki on the other and wreaths of serpents around this neck. He had trishul in one hand, Damaru (drum) in the second, sword hands, held different weapons. He was sitting with Parvati Devi, who was wearing rich clothes and ornaments.
    Sanatkumar requested Shri Shankar to tell some means by which one could attain all the four Purusharthas.
    Shri Shankar said, 'have tripundra (3 lines) on the forehead and apply bhasma on the body. This will destroy all the sins, such as taking the wealth of others, enjoying with others, wives, cajoling, giving false witness, stealing of cow, land, gold or till, selling milk, flesh, salt and doing adultery etc. and after death one goes to heaven.
    Vamdev gave enchanted Bhasma to the Brahma Rakshas who applied it to his body and had tripundra on his forehead. He was at once transformed into a celestial person and a plane descended to take him to the heaven.
    Though Bhasma has much greatness, the greatness of Shri Guru is still more and so due to the favor of Vamdev the Brahma Rakshas was liberated."

JAI SAI RAM,
    SANJIV

Offline rbpmalar

• Blessings 1
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #37 on: August 26, 2005, 01:09:39 AM »
  • Publish
  • Thank you brother sanjiv ji. I received the guru charithra in my mail Om sai.

Humble servant of Baba
    Malar
    Humble servant of Baba
    Malar

Offline san2004

• Blessings 2
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #38 on: August 27, 2005, 12:51:35 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM,

Chapter XXIX
    The Great Power of Bhasma (Vibuthi)

Trivikram bowed to Sri Guru and asked. "Oh Guru, how did the Chandal get knowledge. And how did it vanish after the bath?"
    Sri Guru said,” He received knowledge when I sprinkled Vibuthi, the sacred ashes on him. His knowledge disappeared when the ashes disappeared. One who applies Vibuthi will become pure and whole and get knowledge of Brahman." Then He narrated a story:

In Krithayuga there was a Mahayogi named Vamadeva. He used to apply Bhasma to His body. He was without pride and desire. Once He wandered into a forest named Krauncharanya. There a demon came to eat Him. But as He held Vamadeva, some bhasma on Vamadeva's body rubbed off onto his body. As a result, the demon's sins were washed away and he received enlightenment. "Oh, Trivikrama, one's sins are washed away on one's coming into contact with a person of good character and integrity."
    The demon bowed to Vamadeva and prayed for redemption. Sri Guru asked the demon about him. The demon said,” Now I remember my 25 previous births, before which I was a king named Durjaya. I was a wicked king, harassed my citizens, including women, and drank alcohol. Due to all this I had to go to hell and become a ghost for a hundred years. Then I took birth as a dog, a jackal, and other animals. I was tired of all these births. Then I became a demon. Although I eat so many animals, I am still hungry. So I came to eat You. But the contact with Your body has washed my sins away. I have attained peace and acquired knowledge. Oh compassionate one, redeem me, and explain to me how I attained knowledge due to contact with the Bhasma on Your body."
    Vamadeva said, "The power of Bhasma is great and limitless. You touched my body on which I had applied the sacred ashes." With these words he put the power of the Shiva mantra into the Bhasma and gave it to the demon to apply.
    The demon said, "Oh Sri Jagatguru, I met You due to my good deeds in my previous birth. As a king I had built a water tank, and gave lands and cows to Brahmins, so now I have been rewarded. I have been purified." With these words he applied Bhasma to his body. On doing so he immediately got a heavenly body.
    Vamadeva was an incarnation of Trimurthy (Dattatreya) in form of a Rishi. As Jagatguru He wandered from place to place to redeem humans. This demon bowed to Vamadeva and attained Moksha. This was the story Sri Guru told to describe the glory of Bhasma.
    The power of Bhasma is great. Even a demon was saved by it. But no Mantra is successful unless it is blessed by a Guru. That is why they say no salvation is possible without the Guru. He is the liberator and the protector.

JAI SAI RAM,
    SANJIV

Offline san2004

• Blessings 2
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #39 on: August 28, 2005, 12:05:02 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM,

Chapter XXX
    The Death of a Young Brahmin Husband

When Shri Guru lived at Ganagapur, his name and fame spread all over the country. The desires of all were fulfilled by the favor of Shri Guru.
    Gopinath a rich Brahmin lived at Mahur. His issues did not survive. Both the Brahmin and his wife were devotees of Shri Datta. They had a son. When he was of 5 years, his thread ceremony was celebrated. When he became twelve years old, his marriage was celebrated. When he was of 16 years, the couple looked very charming. Both loved each other intensely.
    Unfortunately the youth fell ill. Many medicines were given. His wife served him devotedly. He could not take full meals. So she also did not take meals. After 3 years he developed consumption. His body emitted foul odor. Even physicians did not like to go near him. But his wife served and nurses him with great devotion. She took only as much food as her husband took. The medicines given to him were also taken by hr. She gave up rich garments and lived a very simple life.
    The parents of the couple were rich. They were pained to see the sufferings of their son and daughter-in-law. Jap, vrata, charity, sacrifices, feeding of the Brahmins and the poor had been done; but all was futile. All were passing days in grief, relying on the Almighty God.
    The youth tried to console his parents and wife in various ways. The wife requested her father and mother-in-law to send then to some good holy place. She said,” My husband would recoup his health there. Shri Guru Narasimha Saraswati lives at Ganagapur. His name and fame have spread all over the country. Hence send us to him."
    The parents managed for their journey to Ganagapur and bade them good-bye with heavy hearts. One the way, the youth had tridosh and when they reached Ganagapur, the youth died. The wife wept bitterly. She dashed her head on the ground. The local persons tried to console her but it was in vain. She exclaimed, 'I brought you away from your parents and have been the cause of your death. I have committed a great sin. How can I show my face to them now?" She fell on the dead body and wept. She decided to observe 'sati' and burn herself with the body of her husband.
    In the mean while, there arrived a bright looking sanyasi with ash (bhasma) marks on his body, with a wreath of Rudraksha round the neck and locks of Hari on his head. Knowing the cause of her mourning, he began to advise her saying, 'everyone gets the fruit of his actions in the past. You need not mourn on the death of this youth. Every one who is born has to die one day or the other. When Ganga is flooded, logs of wood from different places come together and again part. Several birds come for shelter on a tree in the night and fly away in the morning. Similar is a family life. Due to affection, we say my father, mother, husband, son, daughter etc. but just as foam or bubbles in water do not last long, so is the life on this earth. Life is like a dream, so do not mourn.'
    JAI SAI RAM,
    SANJIV

Offline san2004

• Blessings 2
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #40 on: August 28, 2005, 11:33:22 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM,

Chapter XXXI
    Code of Woman's Behavior

Hearing the advice, the young wife requested the Sanyasi to tell her how she should behave.
    The Sanyasi explained to her the code of female behavior. He said, 'This code is mentioned in the Kashi Khand of the Skandha Purana. Agasti Muni lived in Kashi. His wife Lopamudra was a great devoted wife. Vindhyagiri (mountain) was a disciple of Agasti. Once Narad came to Vindhya and said, 'you are praise worthy in all respects, but there is only one thing wanting in you. You are not as high as Merugiri.'
    Hearing this, Vindhya got enraged and began to grow. He grew so high that he touched the sky. Due to this, the entire country in the south of Vindhya plunged into darkness. Consequently the Brahmins could not observe their daily rites and sacrifices. The Rishis told this to Indra, who went to Brahmadev & narrated this to him. Brahmadev said, 'Agasti is the Guru of Vindhyagiri. Send him southwards. Seeing Agasti Vindhya will come down to bow to him. Agasti should then ask him to be in that very position and not grow high. In this way this calamity can be removed.'
    Indra, accompanied by Brihaspati and other gods, came to Agasti at Kashi. They worshipped Agasti and Lopamudra and praised them. At that time Brihaspati (Guru of the Gods) narrated the code of behavior of a devoted wife. He said, 'Arundhati, Savitri, Anasuya, Lakshmi, Parvati, Shantarupa, Menka, Suniti, Sandhya Devi, Suryakanta, Swaha Devi have all been devoted wives. So is Lopamudra a great-devoted wife. Every devoted wife dines after her husband has dined. She respects the guests, and the elders and greets her husband, when he comes from outside. She does not disobey her husband. She worships her husband thinking him to be Shri Shankar. She serves him in the night and goes to sleep after her husband has slept. She gets up before her husband, cleans the courtyard and sprinkles it with water. After bath she worships her husband and takes his teerth (Toe dipped water). She dresses and wears ornaments when her husband is at home. When he goes out, she does not have a make up. Even if the husband speaks harshly to her, she does not retort. She does not abuse him. When he comes home she greets him and asks him what he wants. A devoted wife, when she goes out, does not look at other persons and returns home soon.
    She does not observe any vrata or fast or does not give any thing in charity without the permission of her husband. If there is some function, fair or ceremony in the town, she does not go without the husband's instructions. If the husband is happy, she is not dejected and if he is in grief, she will not come joyful. If she is in monthly course, she does not come in front of her husband and does not hear the Vedas. After bath on the fourth day, she gives company to her husband and in his absence she only sees the Sun. She applies halad-kunkum-kajal and wears the mangalsutra round her neck, bangles on her wrists for the long life of her husband. She does not make friendship with the washerwomen, concubines, atheists and those who cajole their husbands.
    A woman should not live deserting her mother and father-in-laws, brother-in-law, brother and sisters. She should not bother putting off all her clothes. She should not sit on grinding stone or mortar-pestle. She should not argue with her husband. She should not behave in such a way that he would he displeased. Even if the husband is money less, miserable, weak, diseased or thoughtless the wife should consider him as god and be obedient to him. She should not compare him with other rich and strong persons and censure him. Devoted service of the wife to her husband pleases Trimurti Dattatreya.
    A woman retorting angrily to her husband becomes a dog, fox or dumb or pauper in seven lives. Even if the husband is weak, he should not be disregarded. She should not speak loudly or laugh in presence of the elders. She should not look towards other persons with lust. If she does so, she is degraded morally. A husband is the soul of his wife. She is regarded auspicious as long as her husband is alive. After the husband's death, she is regarded inauspicious. While going to some place, if a widow is seen, it is considered inauspicious except to her own son.
    If the wife observes, 'Sati' i.e. she burns herself with the dead body of her husband, she attains all glory. She liberates the persons of 42 generations (21 of the husband and 21 paternal). If the husband is sinful, still she takes him to heaven Yama's servants also are afraid of a 'Sati'. The virtue of going 'sati' is immense. On the contrary if a woman is adulterous, she sends her 42 generations to the hell. Those who have a Sati in their homes are really fortunate. They attain four valours (Purusharthas). Their acts are virtuous. That home is like a forest, which is without a Sati.
    In this way Brihaspati told Lopamudra regarding the behavior of a devoted wife. The same was narrated by the Sanyasi to the mourning woman.'

JAI SAI RAM,
    SANJIV

Offline san2004

• Blessings 2
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #41 on: August 29, 2005, 10:58:11 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM,

Chapter XXXII
    Behavior of a Widow: Dead Husband Made Alive

Brihaspati told regarding the behavior of a widow as follows: If the husband dies in the presence of the wife, then should observe `Sati'. But if she is pregnant, if she has a child, who is being fed, on her breast or if the husband dies at a far off place, then she should not observe `Sati'. She should live as a widow. She should shave off the hair on the head; else the husband goes to hell. She should bathe daily and should have only one meal every day. She should observe `Chandrayan' i.e. take one morsel of food on the first day of the bright (shuddha) fortnight, increase one morsel daily and take 15 morsels on the Poornima. In the dark fortnight (Krishna or Vad) she should go on decreasing one morsel daily and take only one morsel of food on the Amavasya (new moon day). She should not: take milk, should not sleep on the bedstead, should not take mangal bath, nor take `pan'. If she has no son, she should do `tiltarpan', worship Vishnu daily and act as per the wishes of her dead husband. She should wear white clothes.
    In the Vaishakh month she should give an earthen vessel in charity. In the Kartik 'deep' should be given to a Brahmin. She should offer umbrellas and shoes to persons going on pilgrimage. She should take meal cooked out of only one corn in Kartik. Whatever vrata she observes, it udyapan (ending function) should also be duly done. If she has a son, she should act as per his wishes. Widows behaving in this way are virtuous and even if their husbands were suffering in hell, they would take them to heaven after their death.
    Brihaspati had told to Lopamudra in relation with the code of female behavior and the same was narrated by the Sanyasi to the bereaved young woman. Then he said,’ You now act as you wish. If you have courage, you can observe, 'sati' and if you act as a widow, it will also be virtuous.
    Bowing to the Sanyasi, the woman said, 'You are like my Parents, brother and all. I have no relatives here. You have told me the rules of behavior of a Sati and widow. I think it will be difficult for me to act as a widow, for as I am young and fair the people at large will speak ill of me. So I think it is better to observe sati. You kindly give me your blessings.'
    The Sanyasi blessed her and said, `you have come from a long distance with your diseased husband to see Shri Guru. What was destined to happen has happened. Even great men as Harishchandra, Bhishma, could not avoid it. Still you better see Shri Guru who can even win `Kal' and then observe Sati.'
    He applied bhasma to her forehead, gave her 4 Rudra beads and said. `Tie two in your husband's ears and two around your neck and sprinkle teerth on the body of your husband and on yourself after rudrabhishek to Shri Guru. After doing this, you may observe Sati'. The sanyasi then went away.
    The young woman started preparations for observing sati. She called Brahmins, gave prayashchitta to the body of her husband. She took a bath, wore a silk sari and then ornaments, applied haladi kunkum and became ready to observe sati. The body of her husband was taken to the river and she was going in front of the corpse with fire port in her hand. The young girl of sixteen appeared as bright as goddess Lakshmi and all wondered to see her courage.
    A pyre of wood and cow dung cakes was prepared. The young woman offered vayan Haldi Kunkum and mangal sutra to married women, bowed to them and said, `please inform my parents and father and mother-in-laws that we are staying at holy place and are in good health. Otherwise out of grief they will give up their lives.'
    She was praying all the way in the mind. `Oh Trimurti, your fame is widespread, and you possess all Siddhis. If a complaint is made to a ruler, he gives justice. If one goes to a physician, he gives, medicine for relief. I came crossing 20 villages with the hope that my husband will recover. I am coming to ask you how my husband expired on the way.
    She saw Shri Guru sitting below an Ashwattha tree and she bowed to him respectfully. Shri Guru, blessed her and said, `you shall have Sowbhagya forever. She again bowed to Shri Guru and he exclaimed `you will have 8 sons' the Brahmins accompanying her told Shri Guru, `her husband has expired and she has come here to see you before observing Sati.'
    Hearing this Shri Guru smiled and said, `Her Sowbhagya is everlasting. Bring her husband's body here immediately. Let me see when he lost his life.'
    Some persons soon brought the dead body before Shri Guru. The strings were cut and the cloth covering was removed. The Tirth of rudrabhishek was sprinkled on the dead body and Shri Guru looked at it with his sight full of nectar. Immediately the Brahmin youth sat up as if aroused from sleep. He was ashamed to see himself without clothes. He wore the dhoti and asked his wife why she did not awake him before, why he was brought there and who was the Sanyasi. The wife narrated to him all that had occurred. Then both of them bowed to Shri Guru with devotion and began praying to him. All The persons who had assembled there were delighted to see the miracle.
    One cynic person said to Shri Guru. `This Brahmin died as per his fate. How can he be alive?'
    Shri Guru smiled and said, `I requested Brahmadev to give 30 years' life from his next life to this Brahmin youth.'
    All were astonished to hear this. All bowed to Shri Guru and returned. They young Brahmin couple bathed at the Sangam, worshipped Shri Guru devotedly and pleased the Brahmins and the poor by giving in charity.

Jai Sai Ram,
    Sanjiv

Offline san2004

• Blessings 2
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #42 on: August 30, 2005, 11:08:51 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM,

Chapter XXXIII
    A Devoted Concubine

Next day the young Brahmin couple bowed to Shree Guru and sat before him. The wife asked Shri Guru, `when I was mourning, a Sanyasi advised me, gave me 4 Rudra beads and asked me to tie 2 breads in the ears of my husband and to put 2 beads round my neck. He also told me that when I go to see Shri Guru, I should sprinkle the Teerth of rudrabhishek on my Husband's body and mine. Who was that Sanyasi?'
    Shri Guru smiled and said, `seeing your devotion, I myself gave you the Rudra beads. Sins do not touch them who wear Rudraksha. The significance of Rudraksha is very great. One should wear a wreath of 1000 Rudrakshas. If this is not possible then have a wreath of 108 beads round the neck, 40 on the head, 12 in both ears. The wreath should contain silver, gold and precious stones as diamond, emerald, pearl, coral, etc. One who bathes with Rudra beads on his body gets the credit of Ganga bath. If Rudraksha is worshipped, it is like worshipping Shri Shiva Linga. The Rudrakshas have 1, 5, 11 or 14 holes. I shall now tell you a tale in this respect.
    There lived a king Bhadrasen in Kashmere and his son's name was `Sudharma'. The name of his minister's son was `Tarak'. Both were fast friends. They were of the same age. Both of them had studied together. They were devotees of Shiva. They were wreaths of Rudraksha and applied Bhasma to their bodies. They did not like rich clothes and ornaments of gold and gems.
    Once Parashara Rishi came there. The king greeted and worshipped him. The king said to the Rishi, `my son is fond of Rudraksha and has no liking for good clothes and ornaments befitting a Royal family. Please advise, him properly.'
    Parashara said, `the account of the previous birth of your son and that of your Mantri, is wonderful. There lived a concubine in Nandigram She was very beautiful. She wore golden sandals. Her ornaments, and her bedstead was webbed with precious stone. She had constructed a high class dancing hall, where she sang, and danced daily. She had many attendants. She tied Rudraksha round their necks and taught them to dance. She was a great devotee of Shiva and gave alms to the Brahmins and others profusely.
    One day a rich Vaishya, wearing a Rudraksha wreath, came to her. He had in his hand a Shiva Linga of precious stones, which was a bright as the Sun. The concubine longed to have that Shiva Linga. She asked her maidservant to ask the Vaishya if he would sell the Shiva Linga, or he would give it to her if she accepted to serve him as a devoted wife for three days.
    When the maid servant told this to the Vaishya, he laughed and said, `I would gladly give this Linga to your mistress, if she agrees to serve me as a devoted wife for three days.' The Vaishya then said to the concubine, `you are a prostitute by profession and caste. How can I believe that you would be honest with me for three days? Take an oath for this.'
    The concubine took the oath. `I shall serve you devotedly for three days.' He then gave the Linga to her hand said, `I love and regard this Linga even more than my life. If it is lost or destroyed, I shall give up my life. It should not be with you at sex-play. Keep it safe.'
    She agreed and kept the Linga tied to a pillar in the dancing hall. Both then entered the inner apartment. While they were enjoying, the dancing hall caught fire and was burnt in no time. Efforts to extinguish the fire were made, but the Linga was burnt! Seeing that the precious Linga was burnt, the Vaishya arranged a pyre and burnt himself.
    The concubine was much grieved. She decided to observe `sati' as she had agreed to be a devoted wife of the Vaishya. Her relatives tried to persuade her from giving up her life, but she was firm in her resolution. She called the Brahmins and gave money in charity. She arranged the pyre, took three rounds around it and leapt in the fire of the pyre.
    Instantly Shri Shiva with five heads and locks of hair on his head, caught her in his ten hands and took her out of the fire and said, `I am pleased with your devotion. You are really a `sati. You can ask for a boon. I myself had come to you as the Vaishya to test you I myself set the dancing hall on fire and entered the pyre and got burnt.'
    The concubine said, `Kindly take me with all my relatives and servants to your place.' Shri Shankar seated them all in his divine plane and took them to Kailas.

JAI SAI RAM,
    SANJIV

Offline san2004

• Blessings 2
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #43 on: September 02, 2005, 12:28:34 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM,

Chapter XXXIV
    Rajkumar and Mantrikumar devotees of Shri Shiva
    Parashara further said, `The monkey has taken birth as your son and the cook has become the Mantri Kumar. Due to the training of the previous birth both are `Dnyanis' and devotees of Shiva.
    Hearing this the king asked, `you have narrated the account of the previous births of these Kumars, but what is their future?'
    Parashara: `You ask about the future of your son, but you will be grieved to know the same.'
    The King: Kindly tell me the truth. If it gives me grief, kindly suggest the means to get rid of it.'
    Parashara: `Your son will live for two years. He will die on the eighth day from today. For this you worship Umakant (Shri Shiva), the Guru of the Universe, with Rudra sukta. The significance of this Rudra sukta is very great. This will save the life of your son.
    `The four Vedas came out of the four mouths of Brahmadev. Yajurveda contains this Rudra sukta. Brahmadev told this Rudra to Maricha, Atri etc. These Rishis taught this to their disciples. Thus it has come on this earth from generation to generation. By reciting Rudra all the sins are wiped off. You invite a hundred learned Brahmins and have ten thousand Rudra-Abhisheks on Shri Shiva Shankar. This will enable your son to live a long life.'
    The king invited Brahmins as instructed and Rudrabhishek was started ceremoniously. On the eighth day at midday the Rajkumar all of a sudden fell on the ground senseless. Abhishek teerth was sprinkled on his body and the Brahmins also threw enchanted `akshat' (rice) of Rudra on the same. Due to this, Yamadoot did not dare to come near the Rajkumar who soon awoke from the swoon. His death was thus averted.
    The king and the people were very much delighted. The king spent much in charity. In the meantime, Narad Muni came there and said, `Oh king, while Yamadoots were taking away your son, Shivadoots attacked them and freed your son. The Yamadoots fled away to Yama and complained. Yama went to Shri Shankar and asked, `why did your doots attack my doots?' Shri Shankar said, `when Rajkumar was granted long life why did your doots go to snatch him without consulting Chitragupta (record-keeper of lives of all beings)? They ought not to have gone, When record of Chitragupta was checked, it was found that though the Kumar’s life was twelve years at first, he was granted ten thousand year's life later on. Seeing this Yama repented and went away. Your son got long life by virtue of Rudra-Jap. His death is averted. Such is the great power of Rudra sukta.
    JAI SAI RAM,
    Sanjiv

Offline san2004

• Blessings 2
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #44 on: September 02, 2005, 12:30:07 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM,

Chapter XXXV
    Kach-Devayani

The young wife asked Shri Guru, `What is our future? How should I live hereafter? Please favor me with a mantra'
    Shri Guru said, `A wife should serve her husband devotedly. She needs no other advice or mantra. If a mantra is given to a woman some calamity falls. This is evident from the tale of Kach-Devayani.
    `In olden days the gods and demons were often at war. Shukracharya, the Guru of the demons, would recite Mrityunjaya mantra and the dead demons would be made alive. Therefore it was rather difficult for the gods to win the war. Indra, the king of the gods went to Shri Shankar and told him this fact. Shri Shankar was very angry and he asked to call Shukra. Nandi, Shri Shiva's bull, went to Shukra, who was in meditation at that time. Nandi therefore held him in his mouth and brought him to Shri Shankar. Shri Shankar at once devoured him. After some days, Shukra came out of the body of Shri Shankar through his urine. He again started reciting Mrityunjaya mantra and brought the demons to life.
    Indra told Brihaspati, Guru of Gods, about Amrit Sanjeevini mantra of Shukracharya and said, `The guru of the demons makes them alive with the help of this mantra. You being the Guru of the gods why should you not protect the gods?'
    Brihaspati said, `If Sanjeevini mantra is heard by six ears, it will lose its importance. So it would be better to send someone as a pupil to learn the mantra from Shukracharya. Let my son Kacha be sent to him. He will learn the mantra and return.'
    Kacha took leave of the gods and came to Shukracharya. He bowed to him and stood before him. Shukracharya inquired who he was and why he had come to him. Kacha replied `I am a Brahmin-Kumar. Hearing your fame, I have come to learn at your feet. Shukracharya's only daughter Devayani was standing by her father. She liked the Brahmin youth and requested her father, Shukracharya to accept him as his pupil. Shukracharya agreed and Kacha started staying with him.
    The demons did not approve of this as they suspected that the gods would learn the Sanjeevini mantra from Shukracharya and then it would be impossible for them to win a victory over them. Therefore, when Kacha had been to the forests for bringing darba (a kind of grass), the demons killed him. In the evening, when Kacha did not return home, Devayani requested her father to bring him home soon.
    Shukra, by intuition knew that was dead so he recited Sanjeevini mantra and brought him to life. Kacha then came home. Once again when Kacha had been to the forest, the demons killed him and the pieces of his body were thrown in all directions. Devayani gain showed anxiety for Kacha. Shukra again recited Sanjeevini mantra and brought him to life, as Devayani was his only daughter and Shukracharya had great affection for her.
    The demons now contrived to kill Kacha on Ekadashi fast day. They then mixed his flesh in wine and offered it to Shukracharya for drinking. For the third time when Kacha was missing, Devayani wept and requested him to bring him to life. Shukracharya realized that Kacha was not seen anywhere but he was in his belly. He told Devayani that Kacha was in his belly and if he is taken out, he himself would die.
    Devayani said, `You are bringing to life all people and saying that you would die. How is this? Kacha is my soul. If he does not come back, I will give up my life.'
    Shukracharya: `Besides myself none else knows Sanjeevini mantra. There is a condition that this mantra should not be divulged to anyone. If it is heard by six ears (three persons) it will loose its effect. This is a problem with me.'
    Devayani said, `Teach me the mantra. I shall recite it and make you alive.'
    Shukracharya: `The Shastras prohibit telling a mantra to a woman.
    Devayani who was greatly dejected said, `Then you may live with your mantra happily. I will give up my life.' Saying so she fell on the ground senseless. Shukracharya brought her to consciousness and gave her the Sanjeevini mantra. While he was reciting the mantra, Kacha, who was in Shukra's belly, also heard it. Shukra recited the mantra and Kacha came out of his body tearing his belly. Consequently Shukracharya fell dead. Then Devayani recited the mantra third time and Shukra became alive. Thus Kacha heard the mantra thrice and made it by heart.
    Now Kacha folded his hands and said to Shukracharya, 'I have studied at your house so far. The demons do not allow me to live here peacefully. Kindly therefore allow me to go home now.'
    Devayani interrupted, 'I have made you alive thrice. I love you. You should marry me.'
    Kacha : 'Being the daughter of my guru, you are my sister. You made me alive from time to time and so you are like my mother. If I marry you people will blame me.'
    Hearing this, Devayani felt sorry and at the same time she was enraged. She cursed him, 'Your learning will be futile. You will forget all that you have learnt.'
    Kacha said, 'You have cursed me in vain. You will marry a person other than a Brahmin. Your father has taught you Sanjeevini mantra against the rules of Shastras. Hence it will not work now.' Saying this Kacha went away.
    Seeing that Kacha had returned, Indra and other gods were delighted,
    Shri Guru said, 'For a woman, service of her husband is the principal mantra. She should obey him and observe vrata, etc. with his consent only.'
    Chandrangad - Simantini
    The young wife then requested Shri Guru to suggest some vrata.
    Shri Guru: "I will tell you a vrata by which you `Sowbhagya' will be perpetual and your husband will get prosperity. This vrata was told by Soot to Rishis in former days. In this vrata you have to worship Shri Shiva every Monday, observe fast on that day and keep control over your senses. This vrata can be observed by the married women (having husband). Kumaries (unmarried girls), widows, young and old persons of both sexes.
    "Chaitravarma was a pious king in former times. He had a daughter named Simantini, who was beautiful and good-natured. One astrologer had said that all the stars in her horoscope were good, but she would be a widow at the age of 14. The king and others were extremely pained to hear this.
    "Once Maitrayani, wife of Yadnyavalkya, came to the king. Simantini requested her `kindly tell me a means, by which my Sowbhagya will be perpetual.' Maitrayani then told her to observe Monday vrata and said, `by observance of this vrata. Your desires will be fulfilled and you will get all prosperity. Simantini therefore began to observe this vrata devotedly.
    "Simantini was married to Chandrangad, son of Indrasen of the famous `Nal' family, with due festivities. Chandrangad stayed at Chitrayarma for some days. Once he went to Kalindi (Yamuna) river with some friends. They were traveling in a ferryboat. All of a sudden the boat sank in the river. Even after diligent search no trace of Chandrangad was fund.
    Simantini and her parents were greatly shocked to know this. Indrasen and his wife were deeply grieved. He lost interest in the affairs of his kingdom. Talking this opportunity, his enemies usurped the throne and put Indrasen and his wife in jail.
    Simantini resolved to observe `sat' as per the religious rule of a devoted wife. But as the dead body of her husband was not found, she could not observe the sati-rite as per Shastras. So she was prevented from the observance of sati.
    Simantini continued her Monday fast and worship of Shri Shiva.
    When Chandrangad was drowned, the Nagkanyas took him to Vasuki in Patal, in a beautiful city with buildings glittering with precious stones. The gate of the city was golden and all persons in it were like serpents. Takshak the king with 1000 hoods was sitting on a bright throne. Chandrangad was brought before him. Takshak inquired about him with affection and assured him about his safety and asked him to live there happily.
    After some days Chandrangad requested Takshak, "I am the only son of my parents. I am recently married and my wife simantini is only 14 years of age. My parents, wife and mother and father-in-law must be mourning deeply for me. So kindly arrange to send me to them very soon."
    Takshak gave him nectar to drink and offered him costly clothes, ornaments and precious stones. He also gave him a swift horse and a Nag Kumar to accompany him. They instantly appeared on the bank of Kalindi, where accidentally, it being Monday, Simantini also had come with her female attendants for bath. It was the very place where Chandrangad had drowned.
    Looking at him, Simantini said to her attendants, "Who is this celestial person coming out the water? I remember to have seen him before. Please inquire."
    Chandrangad looked at Simantini and began to think, `she appears like my dear wife. But how is it that she has to mangalsutra around her neck and Kumkum on her forehead'?
    He descended from the horse, came near Simantini and inquired about her with affection.
    Simantini was ashamed to see him come near. She told her attendants to narrate her account. The attendants told him, `Three years before, her husband was drowned here in this river. She is continuing her Monday vrata in grief and today being Monday, she has come here for bath. His enemies have usurped her husband’s kingdom and they have put her mother and father-in-law in jail.
    Simantini then asked, `May I know who you are? God or Gandharva? Why are you inquiring about me? ' She recollected the face of her husband and began to mourn. Seeing her dejected, Chandrangad held her hand in affection and told in her ears in a low voice, `you need not mourn. Your husband will meet you on the third day. But do not disclose this to anybody.'
    He rode the horse and went away with the Nag Kumar to see his parents. When he reached the outskirts of the city, and Nag Kumar entered the city and told the then ruler, `Chandrangad has returned from Patal with an assurance of assistance from Takshak. Re-install Indrasen on the throne with honor, otherwise you are doomed.'
    The ruler was alarmed. He released Indrasen from jail and seated him on the throne with honor
    Indersen embraced Chandrangad with affection. A message of joy was sent to Chitravarma, who with Simantini and others, was greatly rejoiced to hear the news. Indrasen started with his paraphernalia to meet Chitravarma ceremoniously. Again a ceremony like wedding was celebrated and Chandrangad and Simantini met each other.
    Chandrangad offered the ornaments, precious stones, fruits of Kalpataru, etc. brought from Takshak to Simantini. She attained all this glory due to observing the Monday vrata with great devotion.
    As advised by Shri Guru the young couple started observing Monday vrata. Their parents also came there, bowed to Shri Guru and were glad to see the good health of the couple by the grace of Shri Guru. They gave much in charity. Then all returned to their place. The couple later on had some issues. They used to come to see Shri Guru every year and had all prosperity.

Jai Sai Ram,
    Sanjiv

Facebook Comments