Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: The Eternal Sai- By S Maneey  (Read 46597 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Re: The Eternal Sai- By S Maneey
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2009, 11:11:05 AM »
  • Publish

During His lifetime, Baba would be at Shirdi physically, but at the same time would be appearing elsewhere to a devotee.

While being at Shirdi, He would be appearing in a person’s dreams and vision elsewhere. He would appear in His own likeness, and He would appear in some other form. Sai Baba, in flesh and blood at Shirdi, did not suffer from illusion that He was the body, there was no reason why he should be bound by it, or why He should not assume another form at will. Sai Baba, even after Mahasamadhi, performs His works at His will, taking His own form some other form or directs others to do the same.

The incident happened in 1949. Sri Shantavanji was a great saint of Gujarat and a disciple of Pujya Ramsharmaji. He was a worshiper of Bhagwathi Gayathri. After leaving home, in his early year, he stayed on the bank of the river Ganga for doing Gayathri sadhana. Not being able to concentrate, he started roaming and reached Balaram, a holy place near Palampu, where the atmosphere is serene and spiritual. He spent three or four days there in meditation.

Thereafter for reasons unknown, he began to feel discouraged and could not concentrate. He was upset with himself and decided to commit suicide by jumping into the river. He offered his last prayer in a Shiva temple. Reaching the river bank, chanting the Gayathri Mantra, and ascertaining that there was nobody around, was about to jump into the flowing river. A fakir caught hold of him, smiled gently and enquired why he was doing that act. He told Shantavanji to follow Him.

The fakir’s words were so forceful and magnetic, that Shantavanji, just followed Him like a dumb creature. The fakir got Shantavanji a railway ticket to his home town and disappeared there after. Sri Shantavanji did not know who the Fakir was, and after roaming the Himalayas for meditation, finally settled at Karnali on the banks of the Narmada, Baroda District.

In 1979, thirty years after the incident, Sri Shantavanji was invited to Sai temple, Surat, on the day of Dutta jayanthi, and for Gayathri yagna. Sri Shantavanji had not visited any Sai temple, nor Shirdi, nor was he a devotee of Sai Baba. On the night before the puja celebrations, Sri Shantavanji, who used to meditate every night before going to bed, prayed for the reason why he was selected for performing the pooja.

In the night Sai Baba appeared in his dream and asked Him “Have you forgotten me, who saved you thirty years ago in Balaram…” on hearing these words, Sri Shantavanji immediately got up, taking a bath, sat in meditation. In his meditation he saw Sai Baba in the place of Gayathri and experienced bliss beyond description. He related this incident when he went to the Sai temple for the yagna and pooja. 

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:16:33 AM by subhasrini »
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #61 on: February 11, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »
  • Publish

About 1950, Kamruddin Baba, a Sufi Saint, had settle in Goregaon in Bombay. Sri C.V.Ramachandran, of Ghod Bhunder Road, Goregaon, Bombay, was living nearby. He was a devotee of Sai Baba. One day Ramachandran was inexplicably drawn to the Sufi Saint Kamruddin Baba. He went, bowed and touched the saint’s feet. Something like an electric shock went through his body. He got up and the Baba embraced him and kissed him in the usual manner on the forehead. At this he forgot himself. He thought that there is something supernatural about the Sufi Saint.

Before Ramachandran could open his mouth, he spoke that better days are ahead of him, that his financial problems would ease, to believe in Sai Baba and do his duty. As told by the saint, Ramachandran got an unexpected increment of Rs 35.00 in his salary within a week. Ramachandran also mentions that like Sai Baba, when he was in Shirdi, Kamruddin Baba also takes on the sufferings, fevers and ailments of his devotees on himself.

This information was disclosed by Sri Ramachandran to Sri Narasimha Swamiji, when the latter requested him to narrate his experiences. 
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #62 on: February 11, 2009, 11:17:21 AM »
  • Publish

Bhikaji Mahadev Bidwe was an employee in Sri Sai Baba Samsthan, Shirdi. He got a salary of Rs 36/- per month. His sister Chabutai was sick since three months, and her condition took a turn for the worse on December 5, 1951. bhikaji wanted her to be examined by a good doctor, but how could he bring one on his meagre salary? He was worried. But he continued to have faith in Baba, and was confident that Baba would not let him down. He continued to do his duty and into the office came an old devotee, a doctor, who came to make some enquiries. During their conversation Bhikaji came to know that the devotee was a doctor. Bhikaji asked the doctor, whether he would examine his sister. The doctor gladly agreed. He examined his sister and prescribed the necessary medicines

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #63 on: February 11, 2009, 11:21:21 AM »
  • Publish

All India Sai Devotees’ convention was held at Dharwad in 1951. Sri Narasimha Swamiji and Sri Radhakrishna Swamiji attended the convention. For their return to Madras, they boarded the train at Hubli which was scheduled to leave at 9.50 p.m.

The first bell for the departure of the train had been rung. When Sri Narasimha Swamiji remembered that he had left some important papers in the cupboard of his host’s residence.
    The distance between the railway station and the hosts residence was about 2 k.m. It could be covered by walk in about 10 to 15 minutes.

Sri Narasimha Swamiji asked Sri Radhakrishna Swamiji (he was then only Radhakrishna) to go and fetch the papers at once. As Sri Radhakrishna Swamiji alighted and began proceeding towads the residence, the second bell also rang. Sri Radhakrishna swamiji’s faith in his Guru, was such, that he unquestioningly and without hesitation got down from the train and rushed towards the host’s residence without even a thought about the train which was about to start.

Meanwhile the guard blew the whistle and showed the green flag. The train driver opened the regulator to start the train. But the train would not move. It would not move even an inch. The station staff examined the brake system, and found everything in order. Exactly at 10 p.m.

Sri Radhakrishna Swamiji returned with the papers and handed them to Sri Narasimha Swamiji.
     A crowd had collected near the compartment who had come to see the Swamiji. The station staff and the driver perceiving the crowd suspecting some mishap came over to Swamiji’s compartment.

Sri Narasimha Swamiji told the driver of the train “Now you go and start the train, it will start, there will be no difficulty.” The driver then went and started the train, which moved easily. Such were the faith and powers of the apostles of Sri Sai Baba.

Offline Ranadheer K A

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #64 on: February 12, 2009, 12:40:05 AM »
  • Publish
  • Dear Reader,

A wonderful miracle was established with the blessings of Sree Shiridi Sai.

This autumn, Thursday 23rd October 2008 early hours I suddenly woke up from my sound sleep and saw His almighty Satguru Shree Shirdi Sai appeared right in front of my eyes, for few moments I was speechless. I was so happy to see his face with graceful smile on his face.

Later He directed me to write a book on his miracles experienced by his devotees who are spread across continents and said and this will be The Life Book of my devotees, a testimony of their trust in me and my promise to them "You look to Me I Look to You". He further assured that who all reads this book and believes that I am there shall experience many Miracles in their own lives too and that they will one day contribute their Miracle to this book to be published.

Iam not sure weather it was real or my illusion. I was also contemplating weather it's just an illusion or a truth. I prayed to Baba and said "if it is real please bless me with your photograph or prasadam, so that I can overcome from this confusion. Around 11.45 am a priest came to my office and handed over me a photograph of Baba & Shree Ramji. Here, I undoubtedly accepted the fact that it was not an illusion but a message from God as a Life time Opportunity to network with his beloved devotees.

Trust me, I did not know where to start and what to start, I was not at all prepared for any thing like this in my life.

But, as my first step towards his order I started this website to collect the miracles & experiences from Baba devotes and make a library and then to compile a book to take his glory and showcase how close Baba lives with his devotees. This Book is going to be incarnated as "THE MIRACLE BOOK".

My Mission is to take My Experience with GOD to all SHIRIDI SAI devotees and request them to pass on this message to as many people as possible. I request you to encourage & advise them to share their experiences with us and help us compile The Miracle Book with Their Experience with God and document it for future references which shall remain for ever.

By sharing your experience with God shall help & inspire the individuals of this society to believe that god exists and he can be experienced provided you are will to experience him.

You can email your miracles to mymiracle@miraclesofsai.org or miraclesofsai@gmail.com.

My humble request to all BABA DEVOTES, Please forward this mail to all your friends and family members across the globe and encourage them to be a part of this Blissful Mission.

Looking forward to receive your miracle experiences very soon.

Jai Sai Ram
    Best Wishes

Ranadheer Kumar Aaleti

NOTE: My humble request to all saibaba devotes please visit www.miraclesofsai.org and shar your miracle experience with us. it will help me to compile the miracle book.
    jai sai ram

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #65 on: February 16, 2009, 12:40:42 PM »
  • Publish

Sri Champaklal Chamanlal Manikwala is an advocate, residing at Relief Road, Ahmedabad. He suffered from dropsy and gastric ulcer from 1948 onwards. He had lost appetite, he vomited blood and could not eat anything nor drink even water. His weight became abnormal, 300 pounds in 1952. Since January 1952, he became bedridden.

In April 1952, on the advice of his relations he had hung up a photo of Baba and was praying to Him. But he also had a misgiving whether to pray to a Muslim saint. Nevertheless, he was attracted by the photo, and he got a vision of Baba, on evening, and Baba told him that he is not a fakir, but an incarnation of Dutta. He also told him that there are nine incarnations of Dutta like Tajuddin Baba of Nagpur, Dhuniwala Dada of Kandwa, Vishnu Debananda Saraswathi of Narmada, the Mahant of Akkalkote etc.

The lawyer the next day obtained two books on Baba and began to read them. A few days later, the lawyer’s condition deteriorated further and the doctors completely gave up hopes and opined that his life would ebb away in a few hours. Baba appeared again and told him “Baccha Mat Gabra tumara sub dukh mai hardeja”. Baba also instructed his mother to send her grandson to Shirdi immediately.

The lawyer’s relations were in a fix. To send the lawyer’s son to Shirdi or not, the lawyer’s son being inexperienced to travel alone, and also as nobody had any hope of the lawyer’s survival. Nevertheless, the lawyer consulting his mother and other relations decided to send his son to Shirdi, on the same day in the evening Baba appeared again and told, “do not be afraid, I am with your son, let him start immediately. Tomorrow by 12’o clock noon. You will receive a wire from Shirdi that he has reached safe”.

The son reached Shirid as predicted by Baba and at 12 noon, a wire reached them. As soon as the information of his son’s reaching Shirdi was received, the lawyer began to purge continuously. This lasted for 2 hours. Urine also passed, bleeding has stopped. By the next day all the poison in his body has passed out and his body became light. He weighed 75 pounds! The heartbeat was normal. The doctors were surprised at this transformation. In two months time he could take his food. He has also resumed his practice after some months.

The lawyer after he became sufficiently strong visited Shirdi and has gone to all South Indian Pilgrim centres. Sri Narasimha Swamiji’s 80th birthday celebrations were fixed for 19th August 1953. The lawyer says that while he was in Madras during the pilgrimage on the 8th or 9th of August 1953, Baba gave him a visit again and told him to visit His temple at Mylapore, Madras, and relate his experience to the devotees and especially to Sri Narasimha Swamiji.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #66 on: February 16, 2009, 12:42:58 PM »
  • Publish

Sri D.V.S Naidu of west Mareddipally, Secunderabad, was doing business since 1942 at Kalbadevi, Bombay. He was doing cloth commission business in the name of Ram Subagh Hari and Co. In 1952, his type of business stopped as cloth was controlled and textiles were directly supplied to cooperative societies. In this situation, he was walking towards V.T. Station, when he was accosted by Krishnadas Chowdhury of Vijayawada, who asked him how the business was. Sri Naidu replied there was no business to agents like him now.

Sri Chowdhury then said, hat he was proceeding to Shirdi, and asked his friend to accompany him. Sri Naidu said he had no money to make the trip, but would take Prasad from Chowdhury when he returned. But Sri Chowdhury persuaded and purchased a ticket for Sri Naidu also. They reached Shirdi, and he says that very few people were to be found in the Sai Baba Mandir at that time at Shirdi. They slept under a tree, had bath in the morning, had darshan of Sai Baba and returned to Bombay. On arrival at his office, his clerk told him that one Sri Shanmugha Sundaram Pillai, Registrar of Co-operative Societies from Madras had come to seek his help. Next day Sri Pillai again came to Sri Naidu’s office and appraised textiles from Bombay and that he should be helped in this matter.

The officer  Sri Pillai, was authorised by the Government of Madras to purchase of textile goods to the extent of his capacity, and he could also inform his friends who were doing similar business. The assignment lasted for two years, Sri Naidu and his friends had enough business, to see them through. 

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #67 on: February 16, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »
  • Publish

Sri P. Venkaiah, an assistant Sub Inspector of Police Special Establishments, Madras, narrates about his experience. I kept three five rupees notes and three one rupee notes in my trunk box without my wife Lakshmi’s knowledge; I pretended I had no money, when she required it.

On the night of 30/12/1953, my wife dreamt and said: ”Baba came to our house for begging alms saying “Bhikshamdehi”. She told Him that she had nothing to give at present as her husband had not received his salary. He at once told her that she had money in the trunk box and that her husband has kept three five rupee notes and three one rupee notes.

” When accosted Sri Venkaiah told her that it is a fact. He gave her the key to the trunk box, and on opening it, she found the exact amount mentioned by Baba in her dream. Swami Sai Sharan Anand records in his books that a school mistress, a widow, had an only son.

In 1956, he appeared for SSLC examination. On the last day of the examination, he returned home with a bad attack of fever. Medicines cured him of fever, but the fever left him lame. The boy had to be lifted for being taken from place to place. As all medicines were tried and found to be ineffective, the school mistress having heard of Sai Baba of Shirdi, took her son to Shirdi. The boy felt shy of being taken to Samadhi Mandir on the shoulders of others. So he remained in his room. The mother alone went to pray.

On the third day she was to leave Shirdi, and before taking leave, she offered her obeisance to Baba. In the meanwhile Baba appearing before the boy told him to have courage and lending his hand led him to the Samadhi Mandir and kept him standing against the pillar of the Mandir.

On return the mother did not find the son in the room. Worried, she again rushed to Baba. Her eyes fell on the boy standing against the pillar. Surprised, she enquired, how he had managed to come there. The mother heard the boy’s account in disbelief.

She was highly pleased when she found that the boy was able to walk to with her support, the boy fully recovered in a month and was able to move and walk freely.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #68 on: February 16, 2009, 12:47:29 PM »
  • Publish

Sri M. NEmichand Jain, Pot Market, Secunderabad – 3, remembers, it was a Tuesday of June 1960. A tall well built Fakir stood with joli, near their jewellery shop. He had to wait for more than half-anhour, as Sri jain was busy with his customers.

Later Sri Jain asked the Fakir, “what do you want?” “Five annas” was the reply. Jain searched for five annas in his cash box, but he could find only four annas. The Fakir refused to accept one anna less or one anna more. “are you not suffering from severe stomach pain” asked the Fakir, Sri Jain was shocked and wondered as to how a stranger could know about his physical condition. It was true that he suffered from stomach pain, which did not cure inspite of all medical treatments.

The Fakir advised that he would be relieved of all stomach pain, which did not cure inspite of all medical treatments. The Fakir advised that he would be relieved of all stomach pain, if he starts doing puja to Shirdi Sai Baba from Thursday, and stop taking all medicines. The Fakir put his hand into his joli, took out udhi, and put some udhi into Sri Jain’s hand and instructed him to put a pinch of udhi in his mouth, and also apply on his forehead.

The treatment was to be for two days, and that complete cure would take place by Thursday. True to what the Fakir said, Sri Jain’s stomach pain disappeared from the third day. In the meantime, the Fakir who was standing in the shop, while Sri Jain was searching for five annas, now enhanced his “fees” to one rupee four annas. He would not accept anything les or anything more.

While Sri Jain was again searching for the exact change, the Fakir disappeared. He could not be found. The Jain family were devout persons doing regular pooja to their family deities. Sai Baba did not find a place in their pooja room, till this incident. In the month of August 1960, the Jain family visited Shirdi for the first time.

The Fakir who came to the Jain jewellery shop, was found sitting on the throne of the Samadhi Mandir. As if to confirm that the Fakir was none else than Sai Baba, He continued to sit on the throne till one rupee four annas were put into the hundi, soon after, in the place of the Fakir, they saw a beautiful marble idol of Sai Baba.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #69 on: February 16, 2009, 12:49:01 PM »
  • Publish

People of Pune can never forget its darkest day – 13th of July 1961, when the Panchet Dam and Khadekvasla upstream burst and drowned Pune. Gigantic columns of muddy water were seen spreading towards the town in no time. Police warning could hardly be followed.

Bungalows and buildings collapsed like a pack of cards. Wish such devastation all round, the people’s anguish disappeared when they saw a small Sai Baba temple in Shivajinagar, Pune, intact. It as nothing short of a miracle. It was a lime mortar structure of 5 feet X 4 feet.

The devotees were overcome with pleasure and decided to build a pucca temple. Soon a pucca temple was constructed. Sri Radhakrishna Swamiji consecrated the temple. He also presided over All India Sai Devotees’ convention, held there.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #70 on: February 18, 2009, 03:59:43 PM »
  • Publish

Arthur Osborne knew Sri Narasimha Swamiji as both of them were associated with Ramana Maharshi. Sri Narasimha Swamiji was the first person to write a book on Ramana. Arthur Osborne was one of the Western authors who has written book on Ramana Maharshi.

Arthur Osborne expressed his wish to write a book on Sai Baba, and Sri Narasimha Swamiji readily requested him to make full use of the publications of All India Sai Samaj, Madras. He happens to be the first Westerner to write a book on Sai Baba. He presented Sai Baba to the public in his beautiful book “The incredible Sai Baba.” This was published in 1957 by Orient Longmans. ”In the 1975 edition of “The incredible Sai Baba”, Arthur Osborne published an Addenda under the title “Continued presence”, which is reproduced here.

”During our fou-year stay in Calcutta, the neighbouring flat was occupied by a lady, Miss Dutton, who was very pious. When we came to know her better, she told me that she used to be a nun having spent the best part of her life in a convent. Being rather impulsive, a common thing with redheads, she found discipline increasingly irksome and this led to conflict and unpleasantness. In short she did not get on with other nuns.

Towards the end she felt that she could not stand it any longer. With the co-operation of the nuns in charge, she applied to the Pope for absolution from her vows which was granted without much delay.

While her application was pending with Pope, she was too pre-occupied with her conflicts to give much thought to her future. When she was about to leave the convent, it dawned to her, how hopeless her future now was. She was well over middle age, without a profession, with scarcely any relatives, the nearest being a nephew in far away Calcutta.

One day while she was sitting in her cell immersed in her gloom, suddenly a tall Fakir appeared before her. How he got in she could not tell, as it would have been next to impossible for a Muslim Fakir to gain enterance into a cell of nuns. He looked at her in compassion and told her “do not worry so much, everything will be alright when you go to Calcutta.” He asked her for a gift of money (Dakshina) given to holy men. She told him that she had no money. “Oh yes, you have 35 rupees in a bore in the cupboard there”, he replied.

Miss. Dutton had completely forgotten about the money she had kept in the bore of the cupboard. She went in search and there it was, but when she turned to give the gift, the fakir was not there. He disappeared in the same way as he had come.

Immediately after this, she felt at peace. In Calcutta, her nephew received her kindly and was looking after her with love and care which he even extended to her pets. Miss Dutton was full of praise of her nephew, and grateful to God. She used to get up everyday before dawn to go to church to attend mass or give thanks, which discipline she seemed to enjoy.

” Arthur Osborne feeling convinced that the Fakir could be no other than the incredible Sai Baba told her, - ‘I will show you a picture of your Fakir.” He produced a photo of Sai Baba Baba from his flat and showed her. The moment she saw he photograph she exclaimed in surprise. “Oh yes! This is my Fakir”, he even had the same white kerchief on his head”, she exclaimed. Miss Dutton had never heard of Sai Baba before.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #71 on: February 25, 2009, 02:55:56 PM »
  • Publish

During 1960-61, Sri B. Satyanarayana was working as an Assistant Engineer, Western Railway at Bitad, about 100 miles from Ahmedabad. A mail train met with an accident at 7 p.m. at a place called Bhimnath which was in his jurisdiction. The accident resulted n loss of lives.

Sri B. Satyanarayana had to attend to transhipment of stranded passengers and to arrange for medical aid in the enveloping darkness of the night. The place where the accident happened was a small station where no facility worth the name to meet an emergency was available.

The railway officials began to blame Sri B. Satyanarayana for the accident. There was none to sympathize with him nor support him. He knew that he was not at fault, but the railway officials wanted to make him a scapegoat. In this hour of need, Sri B Satyanarayana, made a silent fervent prayer to Sai Baba, “you know that I am not to blame, why am I being censured for this accident?”

Thus praying he went about doing his duty, helping stranded passengers get into another train located one kilometre away. At 1 a.m, in the early morning, a tall well built old man, wearning a white soiled jubba which was quite long, a stick in his hand, a bad hanging from his shoulders approached him. “what a big accident. How to go?’ said he.

Sri B Satyanarayana was too preoccupied with his work to reply to him. The old man then walked passed him, brushing his shoulders. At this, Sri Satyanarayana, called one of his assistants and directed him to escort the old man to the other train. On hearing this, the old man came back, patted his shoulders and said “Phikhar math karo, sab teek hojayega”. The old man stared at him for a few seconds and left. It must have taken hardly a few more seconds for the realisation to dawn on Sri B Satayanarayana.

“Oh Baba, is that you”? He shouted and ran in search of Him. The old man had disappeared in the darkness. The next day the Chief Engineer came from Bombay. There was clamour for suspending Sri B Satyanarayana. But the chief engineer said, “don’t worry do your work.” An enquiry was conducted, and he was even appreciated for his work.
    Sri Satyanarayana is now retired and resided in N.R.Colony Bangalore.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #72 on: February 25, 2009, 02:59:39 PM »
  • Publish

Sri Gunaji Devji Mohite, now called Mohite Baba, was from a village called Khopi in Ratnagiri district. He served in World War I and II. About 1948, he met Panduranga Maharaj, a disciple of Sant Gadge Maharaj. Their acquaintance grew further, and Sri Panduranga Maharaj initiated Mohite Baba into spiritual line and gave him Gurumantra. Once Sri Mohite Baba went to Shirdi along with Sai devotee.

While Sri Mohite Baba was taking a stroll alone in Lendi Bagh, he saw a saint in meditation below a peepal tree. Sri Mohite Baba bowed down and the saint blessed him and placed his hand on Mohite Baba’s head. Sri Mohite Baba, eager to introduce his friend also to the saint, immediately rushed to where his friend was, and brought him to Lendi Bagh.

There was no saint! After some time, he saw the saint again, in the same posture, below the same peepal tree. Sri Mohite Baba’s devotion to Sai Baba increased and he decided to build a Sai Mandir in Bombay. Sri Mohite Baba found a place between chawls 21 and 30 of BDD Chawls, Worli. There was no Mandir in this area and the residents of this locality decided to help Sri Mohite Baba to build a small Sai Baba Mandir.

A Mandir was built in 1962, and a marble idol of Sai Baba was installed in 1969. Every evening at 7 p.m. Arti of Sai Baba is performed and it is worth seeing and hearing the Arathi and bhajans, where the old and young mingle together in devotion.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #73 on: February 25, 2009, 03:03:01 PM »
  • Publish

Sri B Satyanarayana, working in Southern Railways, Madras, went to Sai Mandir, Mylapore, Madras in 1966. There he had the darshan of Sri Radhakrishna Swamiji also. He went there along with his wife and four daughters. Swamiji blessed him and asked him “where is your son”? the family of Sri Satyanarayana did not know what to reply as they had only four daughters and no son. The youngest daughter was already 10 years old. They told this to Swamiji and they also told that many astrologers had predicted that they do not have “Putra Santhanam”. On hearing this, Swamiji smiled and said “I do not know all that. Baba had put the words in my mouth to enquire about your son. It is for him to do the rest.” Then Swamiji blessed them and gave them udhi. Exactly one year later, a son was born to them.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #74 on: February 25, 2009, 03:06:16 PM »
  • Publish

The writer’s two experiences: 1972. It was my first visit to Tirupathi, the abode of Lord Venketeshwara. I had read in the newspapers, that there had been a great rush of devotees to see the Lord, resulting in stampede. I had also heard that one could get darshan on payment of money. My father had retired. We had built our houses I Jayanagar, Bangalore, and I had difficulties in my profession. We were experiencing financial constraints.

To put it simply, I did not have money for making the trip as well as for payment for darshan. However, I felt the urge to go to Tirupathi. So what else could I do than to appeal to my personal God Sri Sai Baba.

Standing before his photo, I told Him, “Baba, you know my predicament and my financial condition. Can I not see God without making payment and without any scuffle and stampede?’ Having prayed thus, I transferred my problem to Sai Baba and left for Tirupathi. The bus reached Tirumala at about 8 p.m. and I got an accommodation not far away from the temple.

As I was coming out from my room a friend from Bangalore told me, “go now immediately, there is not much rush now.” I went accordingly and saw Lord Venketeshwara for the first time. I had not thought while at Bangalore, that I could go and see Lord Venketeshwara, within half and hour of landing at Tirumala. Between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. the next day I had five darshans of the Lord to my hearts content.

The lord was pleased to give me the fifth darshan, all exclusive to myself. At about 8 a.m. after my fourth darshan, I was sauntering around the sanctum sanctorium all alone, as all the other devotees had left. I was reminiscing about my good fortune in being able to see the lord so effortlessly, when I saw the door leading to the Sanctum sanctorium half – open. There was none around the place. I peeped in.

A few archakas were preparing to give abhishek to the Lord. As they were busy with their work, they did not notice that the door was half open. I gingerly stepped in and saw Lord Venketeshwara once again, for full two minutes, undisturbed and all by myself. I quietly came out, feeling supremely happy. Sai Baba of Shirdi and Lord Venkateshwara – the names are different. In fact they are one and the same.

Facebook Comments