Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Inspirational Stories  (Read 24473 times)

Offline ravikiran_sai

• Blessings 1
  • SAIBHALAKRE
sairam
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 10:38:24 AM »
  • Publish
  • baba,
            help us to have the gratitude prana had towards u.

saibhalakare
    SHRADDA-----SAIREHAM-------SABURI

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    Re: How much weight ru carrying????
    « Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 11:17:26 AM »
  • Publish
  • A Good Lesson

A young man, a student in one of our universities, was one day taking a walk with a professor, who was commonly called the students' friend, from his kindness to those who waited on his instructions.  As they went along, they saw lying in the path a pair of old shoes, which they supposed to belong to a poor man who was employed in a field close by, and who had nearly finished his day's work. 

The student turned to the professor, saying: "Let us play the man a trick: we will hide his shoes, and conceal ourselves behind those bushes, and wait to see his perplexity when he cannot find them."   

"My young friend," answered the professor, "we should never amuse ourselves at the expense of the poor. But you are rich, and may give yourself a much greater pleasure by means of the poor man.  Put a coin into each shoe, and then we will hide ourselves and watch how the discovery affects him." 

The student did so, and they both placed themselves behind the bushes close by.  The poor man soon finished his work, and came across the field to the path where he had left his coat and shoes.  While putting on his coat he slipped his foot into one of his shoes; but feeling something hard, he stooped down to feel what it was, and found the coin.  Astonishment and wonder were seen upon his countenance.  He gazed upon the coin, turned it round, and looked at it again and again.  He then looked around him on all sides, but no person was to be seen.  He now put the money into his pocket, and proceeded to put on the other shoe; but his surprise was doubled on finding the other coin.  His feelings overcame him; he fell upon his knees, looked up to heaven and uttered aloud a fervent thanksgiving, in which he spoke of his wife, sick and helpless, and his children without bread, whom the timely bounty, from some unknown hand, would save from perishing. 

The student stood there deeply affected, and his eyes filled with tears. "Now," said the professor, "are you not much better pleased than if you had played your intended trick?"   

The youth replied, "You have taught me a lesson which I will never forget. I feel now the truth of those words, which I never understood before: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" 

The giver gives, but really he is sowing the seed for later: the gift of a rich harvest. 

Sai baba 

ALLAH MALIK!

Sai baba let your holy lotus feet be our sole refuge.OMSAIRAM
    साईं बाबा अपने पवित्र चरणकमल ही हमारी एकमात्र शरण रहने दो.ॐ साईं राम

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »
  • Publish
  • One-day Experiment 

Catherine Marshall tells of the time she decided to do a one-day experiment. Oh, it really was an eye-opener for her. You see, she had a problem common to most of us. She found it too easy to be critical of others. Well, one morning as she meditated on the verse, "So don't criticize each other anymore," (Romans 14:13 TLB) she became aware of the Lord nudging her to not be critical for one day. 

Of course she tried to shove it off.  But she couldn't get it out of her mind. So she tried to rationalize her critical attitude.  After all, aren't we to use the  intelligence God gave us to analyze and evaluate---even though the results is not always positive?  The nudging continued right through the debate going on in her mind until she finally agreed to give the experiment a try---but just for the one day would she fast from criticism. 

Through most of the morning she kept wondering what the result would be at the end of the day. The lunch with her husband and friends was normal except for the unusual silence of one person---Catherine. She had not committed to silence, just to not criticizing. It surprised her to realize how much of her conversation was usually critical an judgmental. She was silent only because she couldn't contribute to the conversation without judging. So, she kept quiet and no one seemed to notice. A sting to the pride as well. 

It wasn't until mid-afternoon that something special began to happen. The floodgate of ideas began to open and creative thoughts flowed through in a way she hadn't experienced in a long time. 

At day's end she marveled at all that had transpired simply because she refused to entertain a critical attitude. A letter to encourage a friend, insight into praying for a college student, seeking her child's forgiveness, all filtered through her freely because there was no negative thoughts to stop them. 
    Catherine's one-day experiment became a lifetime habit.

Be ashamed of your hatred. Give up hatred and be quiet.

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 11:25:15 AM »
  • Publish
  • A Simple Gesture 

Mark was walking home from school one day when he noticed that the boy ahead of him had tripped and dropped all the books he was carrying, along with two sweaters, a baseball bat, a glove and a small tape recorder. Mark knelt down and helped the boy pick up the scattered articles. 

Since they were going the same way, he helped to carry part of the burden. As they walked, Mark discovered the boy's name was Bill, that he loved video games, baseball and history, that he was having a lot of trouble with his other subjects and that he had just broken up with his girlfriend.

Mark went home after dropping Bill at his house. They continued to see each other around school, had lunch together once or twice, then both graduated from junior high school. They ended up in the same high school, where they had brief contacts over the years. Finally the long-awaited senior year came. Three weeks before graduation, Bill asked Mark if they could talk.

Bill reminded him of the day years ago when they had first met. "Do you ever wonder why I was carrying so many things home that day?" asked Bill. "You see, I cleaned out my locker because I didn't want to leave a mess for anyone else. I had stored away some of my mother's sleeping pills and I was going home to commit suicide. But after we spent some time together talking and laughing, I realized that if I had killed myself, I would have missed that time and so many others that might follow. So you see, Mark, when you picked up my books that day, you did a lot more. You saved my life."

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #34 on: May 28, 2008, 11:28:40 AM »
  • Publish
  • A Winning Team 

Lee Iacocca once asked legendary football coach Vince Lombardi what it 
    took to make a winning team. The book entitled Iacocca records Lombardi’s  answer.   

There are a lot of coaches with good ball clubs who know the fundamentals and have plenty of discipline but still don't win the game. Then you come to the third ingredient: if you’re going to play together as a team, you've got to care for one another. You've got to love each other. Each player has to be thinking about the next guy and saying to himself: If I don't block that man, Paul is going to get his legs broken. I have to do my job well in order that he can do his.   

"The difference between mediocrity and greatness," Lombardi said that night, "is the feeling those guys have for each other."   

In the healthy church, each Christian learns to care for others. As we take seriously Jesus’ command to love one another, we contribute to a winning team.   

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #35 on: May 28, 2008, 11:34:36 AM »
  • Publish
  • Dandelions

Despite their bad reputation, dandelions are pretty little flowers  with their yellow strands all tucked neatly into the center. And   truly they are the most beautiful of all flowers when presented   clutched in a child's dirty little hand.  No one gets yelled at for   picking them.  Perhaps they grow only to be used and enjoyed   by children.   

Dandelions are ignored or attacked, never nurtured or cared for,  and yet they always bloom profusely.  They demand no pamper-  ing or special attention to yield their bright blossoms; they pop up   in fields, in lawns, and between cracks in the sidewalk, even in the   best neighborhoods.  Can you imagine trying to grow them in a   garden? They'd sneak through the boundaries and pop their sunny  yellow faces up in the surrounding lawn. They would never stay put!   

WE should be more like dandelions.  Our sunny yellow faces   should be a reminder that simple faith has deep roots that are   impossible to dislodge.  Our vast number would show the world that  even though we are not fancy or pampered we are evident every-  where, even in the best neighborhoods.      We should be as easily accessible as a dandelion.  Jesus is.  We   need to get out of our gardens and jump across the boundaries that   keep us where people expect to find us.  We need to show our sunny   yellow faces in all the spots that need a little brightening up - the crack  in the sidewalk or the lawn of a country club. 

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 11:37:34 AM »
  • Publish
  • Cracked Pots

A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on each end of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, and while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water at the end of the long walk from the stream to the master's house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water to his master's house. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect to the end for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you." 

"Why?" asked the bearer. "What are you ashamed of?"

"I have been able, for these past two years, to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your master's house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you don't get full value from your efforts," the pot said. 

The water bearer felt sorry for the old cracked pot, and in his compassion he said, "As we return to the master's house, I want you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path." 

Indeed, as they went up the hill, the old cracked pot took notice of the sun warming the beautiful wild flowers on the side of the path, and this cheered it some. But at the end of the trail, it still felt bad because it had leaked out half its load, and so again it apologized to the bearer for its failure.

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of your path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I took advantage of it. I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back from the stream, you've watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my master's table. Without you being just the way you are, he would not have this beauty to grace his house."

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 12:12:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • The Wallet

As I walked home one freezing day, I stumbled on a wallet someone had lost in the street. I picked it up and looked inside to find some identification so I could call the owner. But the wallet contained only three dollars and a crumpled letter that looked as if it had been in there for years.

The envelope was worn and the only thing that was legible on it was the return address. I started to open the letter, hoping to find some clue. Then I saw the dateline--1924. The letter had been written almost sixty years ago. 

It was written in a beautiful feminine handwriting on powder blue stationery with a little flower in the left-hand corner. It was a "Dear John" letter that told the recipient, whose name appeared to be Michael, that the writer could not see him anymore because her mother forbade it. Even so, she wrote that she would always love him. 

It was signed, Hannah. 

It was a beautiful letter, but there was no way except for the name Michael, that the owner could be identified. Maybe if I called information, the operator could find a phone listing for the address on the envelope.

"Operator," I began, "this is an unusual request. I'm trying to find the owner of a wallet that I found. Is there anyway you can tell me if there is a phone number for an address that was on an envelope in the wallet?" 

She suggested I speak with her supervisor, who hesitated for a moment then said, "Well, there is a phone listing at that address, but I can't give you the number." She said, as a courtesy, she would call that number, explain my story and would ask them if they wanted her to connect me. 

I waited a few minutes and then she was back on the line. "I have a party who will speak with you." 

I asked the woman on the other end of the line if she knew anyone by the name of Hannah. She gasped, "Oh! We bought this house from a family who had a daughter named Hannah. But that was 30 years ago!" 

"Would you know where that family could be located now?" I asked. 

"I remember that Hannah had to place her mother in a nursing home some years ago," the woman said. "Maybe if you got in touch with them they might be able to track down the daughter." 

She gave me the name of the nursing home and I called the number. They told me the old lady had passed away some years ago but they did have a phone number for where they thought the daughter might be living. 

I thanked them and phoned. The woman who answered explained that Hannah herself was now living in a nursing home. 

This whole thing was stupid, I thought to myself. Why was I making such a big deal over finding the owner of a wallet that had only three dollars and a letter that was almost 60 years old? 

Nevertheless, I called the nursing home in which Hannah was supposed to be living and the man who answered the phone told me, "Yes, Hannah is staying with us." 

Even though it was already 10 p.m., I asked if I could come by to see her. "Well," he said hesitatingly, "if you want to take a chance, she might be in the day room watching television." 

I thanked him and drove over to the nursing home. The night nurse and a guard greeted me at the door. We went up to the third floor of the large building. In the day room, the nurse introduced me to Hannah. 

She was a sweet, silver-haired oldtimer with a warm smile and a twinkle in her eye. I told her about finding the wallet and showed her the letter. The second she saw the powder blue envelope with that little flower on the left, she took a deep breath and said, "Young man, this letter was the last contact I ever had with Michael." 

She looked away for a moment deep in thought and then said softly, "I loved him very much. But I was only 16 at the time and my mother felt I was too young. Oh, he was so handsome. He looked like Sean Connery, the actor." 

"Yes," she continued. "Michael Goldstein was a wonderful person. If you should find him, tell him I think of him often. And," she hesitated for a moment, almost biting her lip, "tell him I still love him. You know," she said smiling as tears began to well up in her eyes, "I never did marry. I guess no one ever matched up to Michael..."

I thanked Hannah and said goodbye. I took the elevator to the first floor and as I stood by the door, the guard there asked, "Was the old lady able to help you?" 

I told him she had given me a lead. "At least I have a last name. But I think I'll let it go for a while. I spent almost the whole day trying to find the owner of this wallet." 

I had taken out the wallet, which was a simple brown leather case with red lacing on the side. When the guard saw it, he said, "Hey, wait a minute! That's Mr. Goldstein's wallet. I'd know it anywhere with that bright red lacing. He's always losing that wallet. I must have found it in the halls at least three times." 

"Who's Mr. Goldstein?" I asked as my hand began to shake.

"He's one of the oldtimers on the 8th floor. That's Mike Goldstein's wallet for sure. He must have lost it on one of his walks." I thanked the guard and quickly ran back to the nurse's office. I told her what the guard had said. We went back to the elevator and got on. I prayed that Mr. Goldstein would be up. 

On the eighth floor, the floor nurse said, "I think he's still in the day room. He likes to read at night. He's a darling old man."

We went to the only room that had any lights on and there was a man reading a book. The nurse went over to him and asked if he had lost his wallet. Mr. Goldstein looked up with surprise, put his hand in his back pocket and said, "Oh, it is missing!" 

"This kind gentleman found a wallet and we wondered if it could be yours?" 

I handed Mr. Goldstein the wallet and the second he saw it, he smiled with relief and said, "Yes, that's it! It must have dropped out of my pocket this afternoon. I want to give you a reward." 

"No, thank you," I said. "But I have to tell you something. I read the letter in the hope of finding out who owned the wallet."

The smile on his face suddenly disappeared. "You read that letter?"

"Not only did I read it, I think I know where Hannah is."

He suddenly grew pale. "Hannah? You know where she is? How is she? Is she still as pretty as she was? Please, please tell me," he begged.

"She's fine...just as pretty as when you knew her." I said softly. 

The old man smiled with anticipation and asked, "Could you tell me where she is? I want to call her tomorrow." He grabbed my hand and said, "You know something, Mister? I was so in love with that girl that when that letter came, my life literally ended. I never married. I guess I've always loved her." 

"Mr. Goldstein," I said, "Come with me." 

We took the elevator down to the third floor. The hallways were darkened and only one or two little night-lights lit our way to the day room where Hannah was sitting alone watching the television. The nurse walked over to her. 

"Hannah," she said softly, pointing to Michael, who was waiting with me in the doorway. "Do you know this man?" 

She adjusted her glasses, looked for a moment, but didn't say a word. Michael said softly, almost in a whisper, "Hannah, it's Michael. Do you remember me?" 

She gasped, "Michael! I don't believe it! Michael! It's you! My Michael!" He walked slowly towards her and they embraced. The nurse and I left with tears streaming down our faces. 

"See," I said. "See how the Good Lord works! If it's meant to be, it will be." 

About three weeks later I got a call at my office from the nursing home. "Can you break away on Sunday to attend a wedding? Michael and Hannah are going to tie the knot!" 

It was a beautiful wedding with all the people at the nursing home dressed up to join in the celebration. Hannah wore a light beige dress and looked beautiful. Michael wore a dark blue suit and stood tall. They made me their best man. 

The hospital gave them their own room and if you ever wanted to see a 76-year-old bride and a 79-year-old groom acting like two teenagers, you had to see this couple. 

A perfect ending for a love affair that had lasted nearly 60 years.

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 02:46:11 AM »
  • Publish
  • The Waitress' Tip 

When an ice cream sundae cost much less, a boy entered a coffee shop and sat at a table. A waitress put a glass of water in front of him. "How much is an ice cream sundae?"

"Fifty cents," replied the waitress. 

The little boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and studied a number of coins in it. "How much is a dish of plain ice cream?" he inquired.

Some people were now waiting for a table, and the waitress was impatient. "Thirty-five cents," she said angrily. 

The little boy again counted the coins. "I'll have the plain ice cream." 

The waitress brought the ice cream and walked away. The boy finished, paid the cashier, and departed. 

When the waitress came back, she swallowed hard at what she saw. There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, were two nickels and five pennies-her tip 

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 02:50:51 AM »
  • Publish
  • The Traveling Angels

Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family. The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansions guest room. Instead the angels were given a space in the cold basement.

As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it. When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied..."Things arent always what they seem."

The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife. After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good nights rest.

When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears. Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field.

The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel, "How could you have let this happen? The first man had everything, yet you helped him", she accused. "The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let their cow die!"

"Things arent always what they seem", the older angel replied. "When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall. Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it. Then, last night as we slept in the farmers bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I gave her the cow instead. Things arent always what they seem".

Sometimes this is exactly what happens when things don't turn out the way you expected. If you have faith, you just need to trust that every outcome is always to your advantage. You might not know it until some time later. 

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 02:58:06 AM »
  • Publish
  • The Telegraph

Back when the telegraph was the was the fastest method of long-distance communication, a young man applied for a job as a Morse Code operator. 

Answering an ad in the newspaper, he went to the office address that was listed. When he arrived, he entered a large, busy office filled with noise and clatter, including the sound of the telegraph in the background. A sign on the receptionist's counter instructed job applicants to fill out a form and wait until they were summoned to enter the inner office. The young man filled out his form and sat down with the seven other applicants in the waiting area. After a few minutes, the young man stood up, crossed the room to the door of the inner office, and walked right in. Naturally the other applicants perked up, wondering what was going on. They muttered among themselves that they hadn't heard any summons yet. They assumed that the young man who went into the office made a mistake and would be disqualified. 

Within a few minutes, however, the employer escorted the young man out of the office and said to the other applicants, "Gentlemen, thank you very much for coming, but the job has just been filled." 

The other applicants began grumbling to each other, and one spoke up saying, "Wait a minute, I don't understand. He was the last to come in, and we never even got a chance to be interviewed. Yet he got the job. That's not fair!" 

The employer said, "I'm sorry, but all the time you've been sitting here, the telegraph has been ticking out the following message in Morse Code: 'If you understand this message, then come right in. The job is yours.' None of you heard it or understood it. This young man did. The job is his." 

We live in a world that is full of busyness and clatter, like that office. People are distracted and unable to hear the still, small voice of God as He speaks in creation, in the Scriptures, or in the life and work of Jesus Christ. Are you tuned in to God's voice? Do you hear Him when He speaks to you? Are you listening? "This is my Son, whom I love . . .  Listen to Him!" 

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 03:16:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • A Special Occasion

My brother-in-law opened the bottom drawer of my sister's bureau and lifted out a tissue-wrapped package. "This," he said, "is not a slip. This is lingerie." He discarded the tissue and handed me the slip. It was exquisite; silk, handmade and trimmed with a cobweb of lace. The price tag with an astronomical figure on it was still attached. "Jan bought this the first time we went to New York, at least eight or nine years ago. She never wore it. She was saving it for a special occasion. Well, I guess this is the occasion." 

He took the slip from me and put it on the bed with the other clothes we were taking to the mortician. His hands lingered on the soft material for a moment, then he slammed the drawer shut and turned to me. "Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion." 

I remembered those words through the funeral and the days that followed when I helped him and my niece attend to all the sad chores that follow an unexpected death. I thought about them on the plane returning to California from the midwestern town where my sister's family lives. I thought about all the things that she hadn't seen or heard or done. I thought about the things that she had done without realizing that they were special. I'm still thinking about his words, and they've changed my life. I'm reading more and dusting less. I'm sitting on the deck and admiring the view without fussing about the weeds in the garden. I'm spending more time with my family and friends and less time in committee meetings. Whenever possible, life should be a pattern of experience to savor, not endure. I'm trying to recognize these moments now and cherish them. 

I'm not "saving" anything; we use our good china and crystal for every special event -- such as losing a pound, getting the sink unstopped, the first camellia blossom. I wear my good blazer to the market if I feel like it. My theory is if I look prosperous, I can shell out $28.49 for one small bag of groceries without wincing. I'm not saving my good perfume for special parties; clerks in hardware stores and tellers in banks have noses that function as well as my party-going friends. 

"Someday" and "one of these days" are losing their grip on my vocabulary. If it's worth seeing or hearing or doing, I want to see and hear and do it now. I'm not sure what my sister would have done had she known that she wouldn't be here for the tomorrow we all take for granted. I think she would have called family members and a few close friends. She might have called a few former friends to apologize and mend fences for past squabbles. I like to think she would have gone out for a Chinese dinner, her favorite food. I'm guessing I'll never know. 

It's those little things left undone that would make me angry if I knew that my hours were limited. Angry because I put off seeing good friends whom I was going to get in touch with -- someday. Angry because I hadn't written certain letters that I intended to write -- one of these days. Angry and sorry that I didn't tell my husband and daughter often enough how much I truly love them. I'm trying very hard not to put off, hold back, or save anything that would add laughter and luster to our lives. 

And every morning when I open my eyes, I tell myself that it is special. Every day, every minute, every breath truly is a gift. 

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 02:01:54 AM »
  • Publish
  • One day I decided to quit...
    I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality. .. I wanted to quit my life.
    I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.
    "God", I asked, "Can you give me one good reason not to quit?"
    His answer surprised me...
    "Look around", He said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"
    "Yes", I replied.
    "When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them.
    I gave them light.
    I gave them water.
    The fern quickly grew from the earth.
    Its brilliant green covered the floor.
    Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.
    In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful.
    And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. He said.
    "In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed.
    But I would not quit.
    In year four, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. I would
    not quit." He said.
    "Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared
    to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant. ..But just 6
    months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall.
    It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive.
    I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle."
    He asked me. "Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots".
    "I would not quit on the bamboo.
    I will never quit on you."
    "Don't compare yourself to others."
    He said.
    "The bamboo had a different Purpose than the fern.
    Yet they both make the forest beautiful."
    "Your time will come", God said to me.
    "You will rise high"
    "How high should I rise?"
    I asked.
    "How high will the bamboo rise?" He asked in return.
    "As high as it can?" I questioned.
    "Yes." He said, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can."
    I left the forest and brought back this story.
    I hope these words can help you see that God will never give up on you.
    Never, Never, Never Give up

by Toshi

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    Re: How much weight ru carrying????---------Building Bridges
    « Reply #43 on: July 20, 2008, 03:49:53 AM »
  • Publish

• Once upon a time two brothers who lived on adjoining farms fell into conflict. It was the first serious rift in 40 years of farming side by side, sharing machinery, and trading labor and goods as needed without a hitch.

Then the long collaboration fell apart. It began with a small misunderstanding and it grew into a major difference, and finally it exploded into an exchange of bitter words followed by weeks of silence.

One morning there was a knock on the older brother's door. He opened it to find a man with a carpenter's toolbox. "I'm looking for a few days work" he said. "Perhaps you would have a few small jobs here and there. Could I help you?" "Yes," said the older brother. "I do have a job for you. Look across the creek at that farm. That's my neighbor, in fact, it's my younger brother. Last week there was a meadow between us and he took his bulldozer to the river  and now there is a creek between us. Well, he may have done this to spite me, but I'll give him one better. See that pile of lumber by the barn? I want you to build me an 8foot fence so I won't need to see his place anymore. Cool him down, anyhow."

The carpenter said, "I think I understand the situation. Show me the nails and the post-hole digger and I'll be able to do a job that pleases you."

The older brother had to go to town for supplies, so he helped the carpenter get the materials ready and then he was off for the day.

The carpenter worked hard all that day measuring, sawing, nailing. About sunset when the older brother returned, the carpenter had just finished his job. The brother's eyes opened wide, his jaw dropped. There was no fence there at all. It was a bridge, a bridge stretching from one side of the creek to the other! A fine piece of work, handrails and all, and the neighbor, his younger brother, was coming across, his arms outstretched.

"You have build this bridge after all I've said and done." With these words they both embraced and hugged each other.

Then they turned to see the carpenter hoist his toolbox on his shoulder. "No, wait! Stay a few days. I've a lot of other projects for you," said the older brother. "I'd love to stay on," the carpenter said, "but, I have many more bridges to build."

God has sent all of us as carpenters to build bridges between each others' hearts. Love is the only material required to build, which He has given in abundance to one and all. This planet earth is just our resting place, and only by building bridges, we are going to move on ............
    Not every heart is capable of finding the secret of God's love.

There are not pearls in every sea; there is not gold in every mine.

------Baba Farid

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #44 on: July 22, 2008, 04:18:20 AM »
  • Publish
  • I have learned

1. I have learned -
    That sometimes the people
    you expect to kick you
    when you are down
    will be the ones to