Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Its time to ask ourselves: Why we react How we react?  (Read 721 times)

Offline saidasan

• Blessings 3
Its time to ask ourselves: Why we react How we react?
« on: September 10, 2008, 06:00:35 AM »
  • Publish
  • Ego – We all have Egos and nobody has transcended it except a very few in this world.
    Ego loves problems and it would feed on problems to keep itself occupied, grow and keep us disconnected from God or Soul. That’s the nature of Ego, it divides and conquers. It conquers our body – we sometimes react too much for nothing and produce Adrenalin to harm our system. And, We waste too much time in taking sides and debating about right and wrong, this or that.

A simple way to conquer Ego is 
    1. Being aware of Egos true nature
    2. Being aware of Egos play in us (when it is triggered in us)

This doesn’t mean that we become Mother Therasa or Gandhi and show Love to people who try to harm us.

It means the right to say NO, Right to defense comes from Awareness and not Ego.

The simple difference is between Awareness and Ego is Ego makes it a person-
    al problem and takes sides. You fight either for or against a certain situation.

Awareness identifies the other persons Ego behind the motive to Attack, conceit us, he/she doesn’t take it to the heart and gets offended but just that he/she reacts saying NO as right to her viewpoint/defense/refusal.

How dare you serve me a Cold Soup? – Ego.
    I think the soup you served me is cold so take it back – Awareness.

How dare you used my Room when I was not there? – Ego
    I am afraid I did not like you using my room – Awareness.

How dare he cuts me in Traffic “Now you cut him back” – Ego.
    Oh! That bugger is just crazy to cut through the traffic – Awareness. You continue to drive as you were.

How dare you ask me a Loan? – Ego.
    I am afraid I can’t lend you any money – awareness.

Most of us here must know the Donkey fable. A donkey fell into a pit and could not be rescued, so the villagers shoveled sand into the pit to bury the donkey alive, every time when sand was shoveled the donkey jumped on top of it. Soon it was able to come out of the pit alive. In every calamity there is an opportunity to learn something.

I pray God to give all of us the Sanity to react from Awareness and not Ego. Lot of precious human time can be saved and most importantly, we may not feel offended during most situations, which means we are not Negative in Life and we can be happy.
    Jai Sairam.

* These concepts are adapted from New age Spiritual Guru Eckhart Tolle’s book A New Earth.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 06:07:49 AM by saidasan »
    Past and Future exist in the Mind. Present is the Only Reality. Mind loves habitual waiting to deny the present. Meditation helps one merge with Nature. One no longer feels Separate from the Whole. It is easy to live with the whole than against it.
    Regular Meditation suppresses unwanted thoughts and strengthens the Mind. A less noisy mind is so near to God.

Offline Vikram_Rana

• Blessings 6
    • Dreams are Good, But Realities are batter.
    Re: Its time to ask ourselves: Why we react How we react?
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 06:49:35 AM »
  • Publish

• The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete...

Remember: spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, 'I love you' to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Jaisairam.

Offline SaiServant

• Blessings 15
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Its time to ask ourselves: Why we react How we react?
    « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 11:48:29 AM »
  • Publish
  • Om Sai Ram!

Every being has an individual ego produced from his own illusion. This limits his view which is led in the direction of his own interest, and he judges of good and bad, high or low, right or wrong in relation to himself and others, through his limited view, which is generally partial and imaginary rather than true. This darkness is caused by the overshadowing of the soul by the external self. Thus a person becomes blind to his own infirmities as well as to the merits of another, and the right action of another becomes wrong in his eyes and the fault of the self seems right. This is the case with mankind in general, until the veil of darkness is lifted from his eyes.

We frequently say, 'I dislike him,' 'I wish to avoid her,' but if we examine this carefully, we find it is the same element in all that we dislike, the ego. And when we turn to ourselves to see if we have it in us, we find it is there too. We should forget it, therefore, in other people, and first turn our attention to crushing it within ourselves. We should determine to have our house clean even if other people neglect theirs. We should be careful to take away from ourselves any thorns that prick us in the personality of others. There is a verse in the Quran, which says, 'Arise in the midst of the night, and commune with thy Lord... Bear patiently what others say.' This is not only a command to rise in the night and pray, but it also means that by rising in the night we crush the ego, for the ego demands its rest and comfort, and when denied, is crushed.

-----Hazrat Inayat Khan

Om Sai Ram!

Facebook Comments