Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Shirdi Sai Thought!  (Read 292920 times)

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
Re: Shirdi Sai Thought!
« Reply #930 on: February 17, 2009, 08:41:27 PM »
  • Publish
  •  A gentleman, named Waman Narvekar loved Baba very much. He once brought a rupee. On one said (obverse) of it were engraved the figures of Rama, Laxman and Sita and on the other (reverse) side was engraved the figure of Maruti, with folded hands. He offered it to Baba with a hope that He should consecrate it with His touch and return it to him with Udi. But Baba immediately pocketed it. Then Shama spoke to Baba, regarding Womanrao's intention and requested Him to return it. Then Baba spoke in the presence of Wamanrao as follows :- "Why should it be returned to him? We should keep it ourselves. If he gives Rs.25/- for it, it will be returned." Then, for the sake of that rupee, Wamanrao collected Rs.25/- and placed them before Baba. Then Baba said, "The value of that rupee far exceeds 25 Rupees. Shama, take this rupee, let us have it in our store, keep this in your shrine and worship it." No one had the courage to ask Baba why He followed this particular action. He only knows what is best and most suitable to each and all.

ALLAH MALIK!

Sai baba let your holy lotus feet be our sole refuge.OMSAIRAM

Bow to Shri Sai - Peace be to all

साईं बाबा अपने पवित्र चरणकमल ही हमारी एकमात्र शरण रहने दो.ॐ साईं राम

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #931 on: February 17, 2009, 08:42:39 PM »
  • Publish
  • Bow to the Kind Sai Who is the Abode of Mercy and Who is affectionate towards His devotees. By His mere darshan, He does away with their fear of this 'bhava' (samsar) and destroys their calamities. He was first Nirgun (formless), but on account of the devotion of His Bhaktas, He was obliged to take a form. To give liberation - self-realisation to the Bhaktas is the mission of the saints, and for Sai - the Chief of them, that mission is inevitable. Those who take refuge in His Feet have all their sins destroyed and their progress is certain. Remembering His Feet, Brahmins from holy places come to Him and read scriptures and chant the Gayatri mantra in His presence. We, who are weak and without any merits, do not know what Bhakti is but we know this much, that though all others may leave us, Sai won't forsake us. Those whom He favours get enormous strength, discrimination between the Unreal and the Real and knowledge.

Sai knows fully the desire of His devotees and fulfills the same. Hence they get what they want and are grateful. So we invoke Him and prostrate ourselves before Him. Forgetting all our faults let Him free us from all anxieties. He who being overcome with calamities remembers and prays Sai thus, will get his mind calmed and pacified through His grace.

This Sai - the ocean of mercy, says Hemadpant, favoured him and the result of this, is the present work - Sai-Satcharia

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #932 on: February 17, 2009, 08:44:27 PM »
  • Publish
  • When Megha died, all the villagers followed the funeral procession. Baba also accompanied them and showered flowers on Megha's body. After the obsequies were performed, tears flowed from Baba's eyes and like an ordinary mortal, Baba showed Himself overcome with grief and sorrow. Then covering the body with flowers and crying like a near relation, Baba returned to the Masjid.

Many Saints have been seen giving Sadgati to men, but Baba's greatness is unique. Even a cruel animal like a tiger came to Baba's feet for being saved

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #933 on: February 17, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »
  • Publish
  • Baba gave a story of his boyhood as follows:- "When I was a youngester, I was in search of bread and went to Beedgaum. There I got embroidery work. I worked hard, sparing no pains. The employer was very much pleased with Me. Three other boys worked before Me. The first got Rs. 50/- the second Rs. 100/- and the third Rs. 150/-. And I was given twice the whole of this amount, viz. Rs. 600/-. After seeing my cleverness, the employer loved me, praised me and honoured me with a full dress, a turban for the head and a shell a for the body, etc. I kept this dress intact withoutusing it. I thought that what a man might give does not last long and it is always imperfect. But what My Sircar (God) gives, lasts to the end of time. No other gift from any man can be compared to His. My Sircar says "Take, take," but everybody comes to me and says 'Give, give.' Nobody attends carefully to the meaning of what I say. My Sircar's treasury (spiritual wealth) is full, it is overflowing. I say, "Dig out and take away this wealth in cartloads, the blessed son of a true mother should fill himself with this wealth. The skill of my Fakir, the Leela of my Bhagwan, the aptitude of my Sircar is quite unique. What about Me? Body (earth) will mix with earth, breath with air. This time won't come again. I go somewhere, sit somewhere; the hard Maya troubles Me much, still I feel always anxiety for My men. He who does anything (spiritual endeavour) will reap its fruit and he who remembers these words of Mine will get invaluable happiness."

Bow to Shri Sai - Peace be to all

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #934 on: February 17, 2009, 08:51:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • One Dr. Pillay was an intimate Bhakta of Baba. He was much liked by Baba, Who always called him Bhau (brother). Baba talked with him off and on and consulted him in all matters and wanted him always at His side. This Pillay suffered once very badly from guinea-worms. He said to Kakasaheb Dixit, "The pain is most excruciating and unbearable. I prefer death to it. This pain, I know, is for repaying past Karma, but go to Baba and tell Him to stop the pain and transfer the working of my past Karma to ten future births of mine." Mr. Dixit went to Baba and told Him his request. Then Baba, being moved by his request, said to Dixit,"Tell him to be fearless. Why should he suffer for ten births? In ten days he can work out the sufferings and consequences of his past Karma. While I am here to give him temporal and spiritual welfare, why should he pray for death? Bring him here on somebody's back and let us work and finish his sufferings once for all".

The doctor was brought in that condition and was seated on Baba's right side,where Fakir Baba always sat. Baba gave him His bolster and said,"Lie calmly here and be at ease. The true remedy is, that the result of past actions has to be suffered and got over. Our Karma is the cause of our happiness and sorrow; therefore put up with whatever comes to you. Allah (God) is the sole Dispenser and Protector, always think of Him. He will take care of you. Surrender to His feet with body, mind, wealth and speech, i.e. completely and then see what He does." Dr. Pillay said in return that Nanasaheb had put a bandage over the leg, but he found no relief. "Nana is a fool" replied Baba. "Take off that bandage or else you will die. Now a crow will come and peck you, and then you will recover."

While this conversation was going on, one Abdul, who always cleaned the Masjid and trimmed the lamps, turned up. While he was attending to his work of training, his foot accidentally fell upon the stretched leg of Dr. Pillay. The leg was already swollen and when Abdul's foot fell upon it and pressed it, all the seven guinea-worms were squeezed out at once. The pain was unbearable and Dr. Pillay bawled out loudly. After some time, he calmed down and began to sing and cry alternately. Then Pillay enquired when the crow was coming and peeking. Baba said, "Did you not see the crow? He won't come again. Abdul was the crow. Now go and rest yourself in the Wada and you will be soon allright."

By application of the Udi and by taking it in the stomach with water, and without taking any other treatment or medicine, the disease was completely cured in ten days as predicted by Baba.

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #935 on: February 17, 2009, 08:52:38 PM »
  • Publish
  • Power and Efficacy of Udi

Once it happened that at Balaji's death anniversary day, a certain number of guests were invited and the dinner was prepared for them. But at the dinner-time it was found that thrice the number of people invited had turned up. Mrs. Newaskar was in a fix. She thought that the food would not suffice for the people assembled and that if it fell short, the honour of the family would be at stake. Her mother-in-law comforted her by saying, "Don't be afraid, it is not ours, but Sai's food; cover every vessel with cloth, putting some Udi in it, and serve from the same without opening it : Sai will save us from ignominy." She did as she was advised and it was found to their surprise and joy that not only did the food suffice for all, but plenty of it remained after serving. "As one feels intently, so he realizes accordingly" was proved in this case.

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #936 on: February 17, 2009, 08:53:13 PM »
  • Publish
  • Balaji had two wives and some children. They sometimes went to Shirdi from Newase for taking Baba's darshana. Then Baba bought saris and other clothes which were given to them with His blessings.

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #937 on: February 20, 2009, 10:31:46 PM »
  • Publish
  • NOT A LEAF CAN MOVE WITHOUT MY GRACE.

SAI BABA

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #938 on: February 20, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »
  • Publish
  • If one devotes their entire time to me and rests in me, need fear nothing for body and soul.

If one sees me and me alone and listens to my Leelas and is devoted to me alone, they will reach God.

My business is to give blessings.

SAI BABA

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #939 on: February 20, 2009, 10:32:41 PM »
  • Publish
  • Baba remembered Laxmibai's service. How could He forget her? Just before leaving the body, He put His hand in His pocket and gave her once Rs.5/- and again Rs.4/-, in all Rs.9/-. This figure (9) is indicative of the nine types of devotion described in chapter 21 or it may be the Dakshina offered at the time of Seemollanghan.

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #940 on: February 20, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • The simple remembrance of My name as 'Sai, Sai' will do away with sins of speech and hearing"

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #941 on: February 20, 2009, 10:34:09 PM »
  • Publish
  • * Alandi Swamy:
    By merely blessing 'Allah achcha karega' Baba cured the ear pain of this Swamy and saved him from sure surgery.
    *Mahajani:
    Once Kaka Mahajani, who was suffering from severe purging, came quietly to serve Baba as usual. At that time the portico work of masjid was in progress. Suddenly for no reason Baba became angry and started hurling abuses. All got frightened and ran away and Mahajani joined them. Baba caught hold of Mahajani. Some one in the melee had left a bag of groundnuts and had run away. Baba ate the groundnuts, gave some to Mahajani, while continuing the abuses. Then He drank some water and asked Mahajani also to drink water and told him that his purging had stopped and he could Start the repair works. Can water and groundnuts be ever a medicine to control loose motion?
    *The incurable stomach pain of Dhantho Pant of Hartha was cured by the udhi and blessings of Baba.
    *Once when Shama was ailing from piles, Baba cured him by advising him to take senna seeds. (Next time when Shama had piles, he took senna himself and the problem only got aggravatedl).
    *By just uttering 'God will cure your', Baba cured the stomach ailment of the elder brother of Mahajani.
    *Once when Nana Chandodkar was suffering from severe stomach pain, Baba cured him by directing him to take burfi (a sweet dish) mixed in ghee.

Thus, in reality it was Baba's words and udhi that
    were curing the patients and not tablets or other medicines

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #942 on: February 20, 2009, 10:35:04 PM »
  • Publish
  • Baba’s indifference to wealth:
    Baba, to Balakrishna G. Upasani sastri: Will you give me dakshina?
    BGU: I have no money.
    Baba: What is that in your pocket? Give it.
    BGU: This is a silver watch. take it, Baba.
    Baba: Do you think you are losing by giving this.
    BGU: Nothing given to you is a loss.
    Then Baba received the watch and at once gave it away to some one present. BGU went on to thingya and there a rich friend, learning that he had given away his watch to Baba, compelled him to accept a gold watch (without knowing the above words of Baba). So, BGU was a gainer and not a loser by giving away his silver watch.

(Source Sai Baba Charters and Sayings)
    http://www.saileelas.org/books/babasayings.htm

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #943 on: February 21, 2009, 06:47:14 AM »
  • Publish
  • A Parsee Merchant's missing son
    Baba :   Kaka, the boy is gone south. He is all right and cheerful and he will come back of himself. Soon after the boy did return from Madras.
    Insane Parsi boy's health
    Baba (to an insane Parsi boy's father) : your boy will become all right.
    The boy improved and was later able to do business.
    Vakil's brother's insanity
    Baba : (to a Bombay High court vakil):Your brother will recover from his insanity. (And he did.)
    Mr. A.s derangement. M.B.Rege took A. with him to Shirdi for the first time. Baba (on seeing A. said) why have you come, pissat (crazy)? In a day or two A. actually got mental derangement and got back to his normal condition as soon as he left Shirdi
    (Source Sai Baba Charters and Sayings)               
    http://www.saileelas.org/books/babasayings

ALLAH MALIK!

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #944 on: February 21, 2009, 06:49:04 AM »
  • Publish
  • DEMOLISH THE WALL OF DIFFERENCE THAT SEPARATES YOU FROM ME,