Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Shri G. S. Khaparde Diary  (Read 76352 times)

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
Re: Shri G. S. Khaparde Diary
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2012, 02:49:08 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

March 9, 1912, Saturday

Shirdi

In the morning I attended the Kakad Arti.  Sayin Saheb appeared to be in very good mood.  He blessed as usual by saying that God was higher than all.  Then he passed away into the Masjid.  I returned, prayed and was making ready for the Panchadasi class when Dhanjisha arrived from Bombay.  He brought very good fruit for Sayin Saheb.  We sat talking, saw Sayin Saheb as he went out.  We held our class, but did not make much progress.

I went to Masjid as usual. Sayin Saheb told the history of two sparrows that were sitting in the niche on the southern side of the “Nimbar ”.  He said the sparrows built their nest there & used to sit as they were sitting at the moment.  Death overtook them.  It came in the form of a serpent which crawled round the “nimbara ” & swallowed them up.  The sparrows are born again now & have built their nest again exactly where it was before & are sitting once more as they used to do. He said he never touched them, nor ever speak to them. 

He accepted Dhanjisha ’s Puja & allowed the garland to remain on him much longer than he ever does. He liked the flowers & ate a few grapes.  Dhanjisha is of course staying with me.  After meals I lay down for a while and then we held our class or rather continued it.  We enjoyed the portion very much.  At sunset we went & saw Sayin Maharaj at his stroll. He was in a pleased mood but said that he did not care for buntings, but he wanted men.  At night Bhishma read “Swamibhava Dinkar ” & Dasbodh. Balasaheb Bhaté also came.  There was also Bhajan.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #106 on: August 31, 2012, 02:54:12 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

March 10, 1912, Sunday

Shirdi

I got up early in the morning, prayed and held our Panchadasi class as usual.  Mr Waman Rao Pitale whose father served at Baroda, went away today with his wife, after a stay of a day & requested me particularly to be mentioned to Mr Dixit on the return of the latter.

We saw Sayin Baba go out & I went to the Masjid on his return. He addressed me by name &said that his father was very rich, had money buried in all imaginable places.  Once he had a little difference with his father when he was very young &went away to a place.  It was a broad & thick cactus hedge and he found a large treasure underground there.  Sayin Saheb sat on it & became converted into a big cobra.  He sat on for sometime & then felt inclined to go away.  So he moved away to a neighbouring village and on the way regained his human form.  Then he went to a lane where they killed men. He wandered there but was left unhurt.  Then he went about begging and brought all the treasure trove in.

The midday Arti passed off as usual and when I was returning he said “Look here, be careful.  Some guests will come; do not admit them ” all which meant that I shall have some disturbing influences & I should withstand them.  After the midday meal I lay down for a while & then got a letter from Annasaheb Mutalik saying that Uma has become a lady. There is the religious and the social ceremony to be performed which means expense.  Narayan Kamaukar writes from Amravati to say that they are all very hard pressed for money on all sides. So I understood the necessity of the warning given by Sayin Saheb. 

In the afternoon we continued our class and towards evening went to see Sayin Saheb at his stroll. At night there was the Wada Arti &then Sheja Arti. The circle of fire fell & broke today. Balasaheb Bhaté came at night as usual.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #107 on: September 03, 2012, 04:48:19 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

March 11, 1912, Monday

Shirdi

The Kakad Arti is done in a musical way and the lamps are waived by all.  This morning the Kakad Arti was done in this way.  Sayin Baba appeared very much pleased, used no hard words & said that his father & mother were there.  He also told us to go to Wada.

On my return I prayed & held our Panchadasi class. The midday Arti passed off as usual & I lay down after meal and in the afternoon continued our Panchadasi class. Towards evening we saw Sayin Saheb at his stroll. He was in a pleased mood. There was the Wada Arti & Bhishma read Swamjibhava Dirkai & Dasbodha and there was Bhajan afterwards.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #108 on: September 03, 2012, 04:54:40 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

March 12, 1912,  Tuesday

Shirdi

As I finished my prayer in the morning, news came that Nanasaheb Chandorkar was to arrive today.  We held our Panchadasi class & finished the work today.  We had two pomogranades in honour of finishing the book.  We saw Sayin Maharaj go out. 

I went to see him after he returned to the Masjid. As I sat down Sayin Saheb said “People are very ignorant.  When they do not see my physical body they think I am absent.”  He then said that he thought of Pimpalgaon this morning  then met four men from it & they followed him to the Masjid.  The conversation somehow turned to tokens connected with weddings & Sayin Saheb pointing to the new wall that is being built said that there used to be a passage there & a nim tree.  An old man sat there & he was very pious.  He had come from Jalna & did not care to return for over twelve years though his brother & family suffered very much during his absence.  At last he was prevailed upon to return.  He did so on horse-back & Sayin Saheb accompanied him in a  cart.  Arrived at Jalna, the old man stayed with his wife & four grown up sons that he had, & then suddenly decided to marry the daughter of his brother. The wedding took place, though every one laughed it to scorn.  The bride was very young.  At last she grew up, & the old man had a son by her.  Then the old man died when his son grew to six years of age.  The boy was poisoned by Biradars.  The young widow & bereaved mother spent a chaste life,  never remarried & eventually died.  The boy was born again as Babu & died and is now born again in Bombay. Such is the artistic work of God.

During the midday arti, Nanasaheb Chandorkar ’s family arrived & he followed soon after.  He had a feast & all in the two Wadas were invited.  It was nearly 5 P.M. when we finished.  Baba Palekar came with Nanasaheb.  He came from Amravati & is staying with me. I naturally sat talking with him. My people are very badly off. I attended the evening stroll of Sayin Saheb.  Mr Nanasaheb Chandorkar went with his family after the Wada Arti. After seeing him off I &Balasaheb Bhaté attended the Sheja Arti at the Chavadhi. We at night a Haridas who happened to be here did kirtan telling a tale of telling a tale. The Haridas is from Bhusaval.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #109 on: September 04, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

March 13, 1912, Wednesday

Shirdi

I attended the Kakad Arti & Sayin Saheb appeared very much pleased.  Mr Dixit returned about 9 A.m.  He has come alone leaving his wife behind.  We sat talking & could not hold our Panchadasi class.  Strangely enough I felt sleepy & lay down.

We saw Sayin Maharaj go out and saw him later at the Masjid.  He told a long story which in substance was that an old Patil used to visit him, that four and afterwards as many as twelve Govindas (detectives)used to watch him , that the old man & the Govindas had hard words, and once had a serious scuffle.  Sayin Saheb favoured the old man, visited him in his field & on one occasion hit the Govindas when they attacked him.  At last the old man was moved to a large town for being dealt with, that Sayin Saheb intervened & got him released.  Baba Palekar got permission to take me away, tomorrow or Nu day after.  We held our class in the afternoon & saw Sayin Saheb at his evening stroll. At night there was Ramayan, Swamibhave Dinkar,& Bhajan.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #110 on: September 04, 2012, 03:12:43 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

March 14, 1912, Thursday

Shirdi

I got up early, prayed and held our Panchadasi class.  We revised a few of the earlier verses of the first Viveka.  We saw Sayin Saheb go out and I went later to the Masjid on his return.  Baba Palekar went before & obtained permission for me to return to Amravati, tomorrow.  The exact hour of starting appears unsettled.

The midday Arti passed off as usual and after the midday meal I lay down for sometime.  From Satara has come a Shastri to formally announce the news of the puberty of L.Sanshagyavati Uma.  He also Saw Sayin Saheb. In the afternoon we continued our class and towards evening saw Sayin Maharaj at his stroll.  At night there was the Wada Arti & later on the  Shej Arti.  I attended both. Then Bhishma read a little of Swanubhava Dinakar & Dasabodh.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #111 on: September 04, 2012, 03:22:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

March 15, 1912, Friday

Shirdi-Bhusaval

I got up early in the morning, prayed and attended the Kakad Arti.  Sayin Baba got up pleased & passed to the Masjid with good words .The Rohila was today in a belicose mood & I heard afterwards that he beat Butya. I went to Masjid with Baba Palekar & Mr Dixit.  Sayin Baba was pacifying the Rohilla & Butya.  After he sat in his usual place Dixit moved about my permission to return to Amravati & it was granted.  So I returned & told my wife to make ready for my departure. She will stay on with Bhishma & Bandu a few days longer at Shirdi.

I held the Panchadasi class & finished the first chapter of it.  Then I attended the midday Arti which passed off as usual.  Mr Chandodkar arrived before it & naturally attended.  I had my meals in company with Dixit, Chandodkar &others.  After the meal I went with Palekar and met Sayin Saheb near the gate of the village.  At his bidding we ran & brought the Udi and took it from him.  He told us to start at once blessing our journey with the words “Allah Bhala Karega ”.  So I hastily said goodbye to Bhate, Joshi, Dada Kelkar, Mr Chandodkar, Upasani, Durgabau. Mrs Kaulgi, & Bapusaheb caught me up soon.  Balaram & young Dixit as well as Ramchandra were there.  Bhai & Keshava could not be found.

We i.e. I & Palekar left by tonga, reached Kopargaon at about 4 P.M. or a little later & sat on the platform till 7 P.M. Many visitors of Shirdi including Navalkar & Dr Ujinky turned up there & we sat talking.  We left by the train which leaves about 7 P.M. & reached Manmad.  There the N.W. passenger was waiting.  So I got into it telling Palekar to take tickets & get in.  The train started soon & I discovered afterwards that he did not get in There was a Traffic Inspector in my  compartment. I told him all. He advised me to go on to Bhushaval & wait for Palekar there. So I did. I am now waiting & have neither a ticket nor a single pie. The Traffic Inspector is a good man but he got down at Jalgaon.  I met Mr Devalé who is a ticket collector here. He advised me to wait either on the platform or in the train for Nagpur which is ready formed.  I decided to do the latter.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #112 on: September 05, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

March 16, 1912,  Sunday

Bhusaval –Amravati

The porter got me up at 5 A.m. & on going to the platform I saw Baba Palekar come in.  He told me that last night after my train left he saw the Manmad station master &explained the situation to him & pointed out how it arose through the remissness of his coaching clerk.  The Station Master was a reasonable man, & at once wired at Company ’s expense to all the inspecting stations viz Bhusaval, Badnera & Amravat to pass me without any trouble. That is how every thing passed off well.  Mr Devalé also came.  Baba Palekar & I left by Nagpur passenger.

At Shegaon I met Mr Govind Raj ’s son Baba.  He is the Sub Registrar.  I was sorry to learn that Mr Govind Raj is not doing well.  At Akola old Mr Mahajani came into my compartment and travelled to Amravati with me.  We sat talking all the way, about general matters.  He was on his way to attend some committee for moral & religious instruction.  At Amravati Narayan Dhamarkar & Mahadeva were at the station.

On reaching home I met Durge Shastri. He is very weak & nearly blind. Then I bathed & had something to eat.  I tried to lie down but felt it very hot.  So I sat reading the daily papers & wrote.  Kurandikar, Raghunath Rao Tikekar, Ranade, Asnare, Bhau Durani, Kaka Tarubé, Shriram Khatre, GopalRao Dole, V.K.Kalé, & others came to see me during the day & early in the evening and I sat talking with them about my stay at Shiradi, the mode of life there and the spiritual greatness of Sayin Saheb who is constantly present to my mind.  We sat on the terrace for sometime. Gokhalé also came to see me.  I feel tired and will retire early.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #113 on: September 05, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

March 17, 1912, Sunday

Amravati

I got up rather late in the morning and after prayer tried to resume my old life.  Some clients turned up and many came to see me.  I sat talking with them.  I wrote a few letters.  Dr. Shahani came and at my suggestion agreed to perform an operation on the left eye of Durge Joshi on Wednesday next.  There is a heavy case offered at Akola. Goré also came with a Brahman from Konkan.  Soon after our midday meal Mr Natekar known as Hamsa came from Akola, with Purohit.  It was very kind of him to do so. He is a holy man, has practised yogic austerties and acquired higher powers.

We sat talking with him. His experiences in Himalaya are unique and I never appear to tire of hearing about them. V.K.Kale and Karandikar came to go to our Theosophic lodge but having Hamsa with me I did not go.  Towards evening Hamsa went out for a little airing. He had fever & colic yesterday & the day before. ,He had a little of it even today.  I sat upstairs talking with Bamangaonkar, Waman Rao Joshi, Bhow Durrani, Baba Palekar Shriram & others. Hamsa intends going away tomorrow.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #114 on: September 06, 2012, 06:59:39 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

March 18, 1912, Monday

Amravati

The spiritual surroundings of Shirdi are not here and I find myself considerably inconvenienced though Hamsa is under the roof & he has a good powerful aura.  I wished to get up as I used to do at Shirdi but could not and it was with great effort that I could finish my prayers before sunrise.  Then I looked into today ’s appeal and dressing early & eating something went to court.  I met Mr Browne near his court and going into it got time in a case to put in our written statement.  Then I went to the Court of Mr Price &found him busy with a session ’s case.  He could not hear the appeals so my work was finished. I went to the Bar Room & found Palekar who accompanied me to Court, there sitting.  I sat talking & gave him three rupees to be made over to the secretary of the complimentary dinner to Major Morris. Tambe, Darule, & Bhide came there, also Mr Narayan Rao Ketkar. After talking with them, I returned home with Gopalrao Dole & Darule. Dole went to court with me in the earlier part of the day.   

On returning home I sat talking with Hamsa & the people who came to see him.  He was feeling slightly unwell.  Later on he felt better.  Then we went to Baba Palekar ’s house where Hamsa had some milk and fruits. Thence we went to the Railway station where I saw Nabob of Deolghat, old Mr Mahajani & a number of others. Hamsa went by the evening mail to Mortugapur with Purohit. My son Baba & a few others went to Badura with Hamsa, and I returned home.  I sat upstairs, talking with such as came. Kurandikar, V.K.Kale, Waman Rao Joshi, Jayarum Patil & others. Later on I received a letter from W.V.Joshi asking me to absent myself from Morris ’ party on the ground that Mr Sly & others would not like it.  I do not understand the situation.  It is a party by the Bar & Bench & I have every right to attend it. And does it matter if Mr Sly & others do not like it. We sat talking for a long time. Durrani, Palekar, Gokhale, Wamanrao Joshi, Jaram Patil & others.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #115 on: September 06, 2012, 07:03:29 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

June 4, 1912, Tuesday

Amravati

In the morning I got up early, prayed &sitting in the hall hunted up authorities from the Registration Act.  Mr Asga Hussain came later on & I drafted a petition for him to present at Yeotwal.  After the midday meal I lay down but could not rest So I got up & sat reading. Kelkar has put in a very good protest in the Maharalta against the action of the Bombay government in demanding security from Kesari. He has given translations of the alleged offending articles. The translations admit of improvement & I thought of making the necessary amendments but for want of reference books &on account of the excessive heat of the day I put off the work to tomorrow.  I had my constitutional with V.K.Kale & then sat talking with Buruangaonkar, Kesarisa and Bwaji.

I have received today a letter written by Madhavarao Deshpande of Shirdi at the request of Sayin Maharaj ordering me to try and get Mr Karkhanis to take his wife back and treat her well. Sayin Maharaj says she is a very fortunate woman and her presence will do him (Karkhanis)& me good. Karkhanis not here. I shall speak to him & do my best when he returns at the end of the present vacation.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #116 on: September 10, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

June 5, 1912, Wednesday

Amravati

I got up somewhat earlier than usual, prayed and after spending sometime in walking in the verandah, sat in the hall. There were many letters to write in connection with the orders of Sayin Baba about Mrs Karkhanis.  I wrote to Madhavarao Deshpandé, & Gopal Rao Joshi at Shirdi & also to Sayin Baba himself.  Then I wrote to the father of Mrs Karkhanis.

After the midday meal I lay down for a short while and then sat reading. I also wrote a few letters in the afternoon. V.K.Kale came earlier on purpose to read chapters of the Upanishad but Mr Bhowjee Peshvé father of the pleader Peshavé of Yeotwal came & we sat talking.  Poor Peshwe has his brain affected.  He does no work and what is the worst of all, hates his own people & relations.  The old father naturally feels very anxious.  I had my evening constitutional with him and V.K.Kale.  Bamangaonkar also came.  We read a part of the essay written by V.K.Kale & also Mandukya.  There were many clients.  I told them to come tomorrow morning.  At night Bwaji & Jayavantrao came & we sat talking.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #117 on: September 10, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

June 17. 1912,  Monday

Amravati

I got up early, prayed, & sitting in the hall,  drafted two appeal memos and later on with the help of Mr Asgar Hussain a petition for the Yeotwal client.  This took up the whole of the morning.  After the midday meal I lay down but found it too close and warm to rest.  So I got up & sat reading.  It came on to rain in the afternoon &continued to rain till night fall.  A man from Karanja came & told a long story,  how there was a small association of young men to help the blind, lame & poor, how it expanded collected small funds & deposited them first with Bapusaheb Ghude, then with Jodha & how finally one Paloskar got hold of it and never satisfactorily accounted for it.  The police have got trace of it and they are making enquiries.

Later on V.K.Kale, Asnare, Godbole & our usual people came and we sat talking.  The suit against Mudholkar has been filed.  It is said to be for accounts. Then Mr Karkhanis came.  I gave him Madhavarao Deshpande ’s letter written at Sayin Maharaja ’s request to read.  He said he had great reverence for Sayin Maharaj & would obey him in every thing except the matter of his wife.  I asked him to go &see Sayin Maharaj.  He replied he would not do so now. At last I asked him to daily adore Sayin Maharaj & he agreed to do so.  After he went Bwaji came &we sat talking.  He brought a shoe-maker who measured my foot & said he would make a slipper for me.  Though it did not rain much, we feel pleased & cool.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #118 on: September 13, 2012, 01:14:26 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

June 18, 1912, Tuesday

Amravati

In the morning I got up early, prayed, and noted the authorities in Mutsui Bhushan Kuisha ’s case.  I also looked into the papers of the evidence case before Mr Paranjape today.  After an early breakfast I went to court with my son Baba & Bhaw Durrani.  The case before Mr Price was adjourned.  I appeared before Mr Paranjapé.  The other side had only two witnesses of whom they examined only one &the case was adjourned. I then went to the Bar Room, looked for Kanga who could not be found and proceeded to the Small cause court.  I had to wait there for about two hours & more.  Mr Kanga turned up after 3 P.M. Then the case was argued & he had to admit one of our points.  The case was adjourned and I returned home.

Asnare was there but he appears for the other side.  In the evening V.K.Kale, Asnare, Shamrao Deshpande, Karandikar & others came & we sat talking.  I forgot to mention above that my third son Balvant returned this morning from Satara.  He stayed a few days at Poona on the way and saw the Tilak family.  He lived at Poona with Mr Bhusari. I wrote a letter to Madhavarao Deshpande of Shirdi giving full account of my interview with Karkhanis yesterday.

JAI SAI RAM

Offline saisewika

• Blessings 33
    « Reply #119 on: September 13, 2012, 01:18:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM

July 27, 1912, Saturday

Nagpur

I got up early in the morning &said my prayers walking in the garden.  It used to rain a bit off & on, and I had to seek shelter either under a tree or in a verandah.  While I was bathing Mr Nilkanth Rao Uddhavaji came with Mr Pandit and his adopted son Bhaiya & we sat talking.

He was much interested in my visit to & stay at Shirdi & the talk was naturally about Sayin Maharaj.  He invited me, Gopalrao Bootee & Dorle to the midday meal at his house tomorrow & we accepted the invitation on condition of his staying for breakfast with us which he did.  The meal was late & after it I lay down and was awakened by the arrival of Bhagirath Prasad, Ballal and Narayan Rao Alekar. We sat talking. Mr Nilkanthrao went away with Alekar. Later on I went with Dorle and Bhairulal who had come, to Dr Moonje ’s house. We sat talking there with a number of friends & then went to the Kirtan in Ramamandir. It was by one Ghule but was a poor performance. We slept with Dr Moorjé.

JAI SAI RAM

Facebook Comments