Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: THE NECTAR IN Sai Sat Charitra  (Read 37051 times)

Offline ShAivI

• Members
  • Blessings 56
  • बाबा मुझे अपने ह्र्दय से लगा लो, अपने पास बुला लो।
Re: THE NECTAR IN Sai Sat Charitra
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2014, 05:13:17 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM !!!

CHAPTER 42 : Part - 2 

Ramachandra Dada soon left his bed and was on his legs. Time passed quickly.
    The month of Bhadrapad of Shaka 1840 (1918 A.D.) was ending and Ashwin
    was in sight. True to Baba's word, Tatya fell sick and was bed-ridden; and so
    he could not come for Baba's darshana. Baba was also down with fever.
    Tatya had full faith in Baba and Baba in Lord Hari, who was His Protector.
    Tatya's illness began to grow from bad to worse and he could not move at
    all but always remembered Baba. The predicament of Baba began to grow
    equally worse. The day predicted, i.e., Vijayadashami was impending and both
    Ramachandra Dada and Bala Shimpi were terribly frightened about Tatya and
    with their bodies trembling and perspiring with fear, thought that as predicted
    by Baba, Tatya's end was nigh. Vijayadashami dawned and Tatya's pulse began
    to beat very slow and he was expected to pass away shortly. But a curious thing
    happened. Tatya remained, his death was averted and Baba passed away in his
    stead. It seemed as if there was an exchange. People said that Baba gave up His
    life for Tatya; why He did so? He alone knows as His ways are inscrutable. It seems,
    however, that in this incident, Baba gave a hint of His passing away, substituting
    Tatya's name for His.

Next morning (16th October) Baba appeared to Das Ganu at Pandharpur in his dream
    and said to him - "The Masjid collapsed, all the oilmen and grocers of Shirdi teased
    me a lot, so I leave the place. I therefore came to inform you here, please go there
    quickly and cover me with 'Bhakkal' flowers." Das Ganu got the information also from
    Shirdi letters. So he came to Shirdi with his disciples and started bhajan and kirtan
    and sang the Lord's name, all through the day before Baba's samadhi. Himself weaving
    a beautiful garland of flowers studded with Lord Hari's name he placed it on Baba's
    samadhi and gave a mass-feeding in Baba's name.

OM SAI RAM, SHRI SAI RAM, JAI JAI SAI RAM !!!

JAI SAI RAM !!!

Offline ShAivI

• Members
    • Blessings 56
    « Reply #136 on: September 25, 2014, 03:27:00 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM !!!

CHAPTER 42 : Part - 3 

Dasara or Vijayadashami is regarded by all the Hindus as the most auspicious
     time and it is befitting that Baba should choose this time for His crossing the
    border-line. He was ailing some days before this, but He was ever conscious
    internally. Just before the last movement He sat up erect without anybody's aid,
    and looked better. People thought that the danger had passed off and He was
    geeting well. He knew that He was to pass away soon and therefore, He wanted
    to give some money as charity to Laxmibai Shinde.

This Laxmibai Shinde was a good and well-to-do woman. She was working in the
    Masjid day and night. Except Bhagat Mhalasapati, Tatya and Laxmibai, none was
    allowed to step in the Masjid at night. Once while Baba was sitting in the Masjid
    with Tatya in the evening, Laxmibai came and saluted Baba. The latter said to
    her - "Oh Laxmi, Iam very hungry." Off she went saying - "Baba, wait a bit, I return
    immediately with bread." She did return with bread and vegetables and placed the
    same before Baba. He took it up and gave it to a dog. Laxmibai then asked -
    "What is this, Baba, I ran in haste, prepared bread with my own hands for You and
    You threw it to a dog without eating a morsel of it; You gave me trouble unnecessarily.
    " Baba replied - "Why do you grieve for nothing? The appeasement of the dog's hunger
     is the same as Mine. The dog has got a soul; the creatures may be different, but the
    hunger of all is the same, though some speak and others are dumb. Know for certain,
    that he who feeds the hungry, really serves Me with food. Regard this as an exiomatic
    Truth." This is a ordinary incident but Baba thereby propounded a great spiritual truth
    and showed its practical application in daily life without hurting anybody's feelings.
    From this time onward Laxmibai began to offer Him daily bread and milk with love and
    devotion. Baba accepted and ate it appreciatingly. He took a part of this and sent the
    remainder with Laxmibai to Radha-Krishna-Mai who always relished and ate Baba's
    remnant prasad. This bread-story should not be considered as a digression; it shows,
    how Sai Baba pervaded all the creatures and transcended them. He is omnipresent,
    birthless, deathless and immortal.

Baba remembered Laxmibai's service. How could He forget her? Just before leaving
    the body, He put His hand in His pocket and gave her once Rs.5/- and again Rs.4/-,
    in all Rs.9/-. This figure (9) is indicative of the nine types of devotion described in
    chapter 21 or it may be the Dakshina offered at the time of Seemollanghan. Laxmibai
    was a well-to-do woman and so she was not in want of any money. So Baba might
    have suggested to her and brought prominently to her notice the nine characteristics
    of a good disciple mentioned in the 6th verse of chapter ten, skandha eleven of the
    Bhagwat, wherein first five and then four characteristics are mentioned in the first
    and second couplets.* Baba followed the order, first paid Rs.5/- and then Rs.4/- in
    all Rs.9/-. Not only nine, but many times nine rupees passed through Laxmibai's hand,
    but Baba's this gift of Nine, she will ever remember.

Being so watchful and conscious, Baba also took other precautions in His last moment.
    In order that He should not be embroiled or entangled with love and affection for His
    devotees, He ordered them all to clear off. Kakasaheb Dixit, Bapusaheb Booty and others
    were in the Masjid anxiously waiting upon Baba, but He asked them to go to the Wada
    and return after meals. They could not leave Baba's presence, nor could they disobey
    Him. So with heavy hearts and heavy feet they went to the Wada. They knew that
    Baba's case was very serious and that they could not forget Him. They sat for meals,
    but their mind was elsewhere, it was with Baba. Before they finished, news came to
    them of Baba's leaving the mortal coil. Leaving their dishes, they ran to the Masjid and
    found that Baba rested finally on Bayaji's lap. He did not fall down on the ground nor
    did He lie on His bed, but sitting quietly on His seat and doing charity with His own
    hand threw off the mortal coil. Saints embody themselves and come into this world
    with a definite mission and after that is fulfilled they pass away as quietly and easily
    as they came. 

JAI SAI RAM !!!

Offline ShAivI

• Members
    • Blessings 56
    « Reply #137 on: September 26, 2014, 07:28:57 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM !!!

CHAPTER 43 & 44 : Part - 1 

It is the general practice amongst the Hindus that when a man is about to die,
    some good religious scripture is read out to him with the object that his mind
    should be withdrawn from worldly things and fixed in matters spiritual, so that
    his future progress should be natural and easy. Everybody knows that when
    king Parikshiti was cursed by the son of a Brahmin Rishi and was about to die
    after a week, the great sage Shuka expounded to him the famous Bahagwat Puran
    in that week. This practice is followed even now and Gita, Bhagawat and other
    sacred books are read out to dying persons. Baba being an incarnation of God needed
    no such help, but just to set an example to the people, He followed this practice.
    When He knew that He was to pass away soon, He ordered one Mr.Vaze to read
    Ramavijaya to Him. Mr.Vaze read the book once in the week. Then Baba asked him
    to read the same again day and night and he finished the second reading in three days.
    Thus eleven days passed. Then again he read for three days and was exhausted.
    So Baba let him go and kept Himself quiet. He abided on His Self and was waiting for
    the last moment.

Two or three days previous, Baba had stopped His morning peregrinations and begging
    rounds and sat in the Masjid. He was conscious to the last and was advising the devotees
    not to lose heart. He let nobody know the exact time of His departure. Kakasaheb Dixit
    and Shriman Booty were dining daily with Him in the Masjid. That day (15th October)
    after arati, He asked them to go to their residence for dining. Still a few, viz., Laxmibai Shinde,
    Bhagoji Shinde, Bayaji, Laxman Bala Shimpi and Nanasaheb Nimonkar remained there.
    Shama was sitting down on the steps. After giving Rs. 9/- to Laxmibai Shinde, Baba said
    that He did not feel well there (in the Masjid) and that He should be taken to the Dagadi
    (stone) Wada of Booty, where He would be alright. Saying these last words, He leaned on
    Bayaji's body and breathed His last. Bhagoji noticed that His breathing had stopped and he
    immediately told this to Nanasaheb Nimonkar who was sitting below. Nanasaheb brought
    some water and poured it in Baba's mouth. It came out. Then he cried out loudly 'Oh Deva.'
    Baba seemed just to open His eyes and say 'Ah' in a low tone. But it soon become evident
    that Baba had left His body for good.

The news of Baba's passing away spread like a wild fire in the village of Shirdi and all people,
    men, women and children ran to the Masjid and began to mourn this loss in various ways.
    Some cried out loudly, some wallowed on in the streets and some fell down senseless.
    Tears ran down from the eyes of all and every one was smitten with sorrow.

Then the question arose - How to dispose off Baba's body? Some (Mahomedans) said that
    the body should be interred in an open space and a tomb built over it. Even Khushalchand
    and Amir Shakkar shared this opinion. But Ramachandra Patil, the village officer said to the
    villagers with a firm and determined voice, "Your thought is not acceptable to us. Baba's
    body should be nowhere placed except in the Wada." Thus people were divided on this point
    and discussion regarding this point went on for 36 hours.

On Wednesday morning Baba appeared to Laxman Mama Joshi in his dream and drawing him
    by His hand said - "Get up soon; Bapusaheb thinks that I am dead and so he won't come;
    you do the worship and the Kakad (morning) arati." Laxman Mama was the village astrologer
    and was the maternal uncle of Shama. He was an orthodox Brahmin and daily first worshipped
    Baba in the morning and then all the village deities. He had full faith in Baba. After the vision
    he came with all the pooja materials and not minding the protests of the moulvis, did the
    Pooja and the Kakad arati with all due formalities and went away. Then at noon Bapusaheb
    Jog came with all others and went through the noon-arati ceremony as usual.

Paying due respect to Baba's words the people decided to place His body in the Wada and
    started digging the central portion there. In the evening of Tuesday the Sub-Inspector
    came from Rahata and others from other places turned up and they all agreed to the proposal.
    Next morning Amirbhai came from Bombay and the Mamlatdar from Kopergaon. The people
    seemed divided in their opinion. Some insisted on interring His body in the open field. The
    Mamlatdar therefore took a general plebiscite and found that the proposal to use the Wada
    secured double the number of votes. He, however, wanted to refer the matter to the Collector
    and Kakasaheb Dixit got himself ready to go to Ahmednagar. In the meanwhile, by Baba's
    inspiration there was a change in the opinion of the other people and all the people unanimously
    voted for the proposal. On Wednesday evening Baba's body was taken in procession and brought
    to the Wada and was interred there with due formalities in the garbha, i.e., the central portion
    reserved for Murlidhar. In fact Baba became the Murlidhar and the Wada became a temple and
    a holy shrine, where so many devotees went and are going now to find rest and peace. All the
    obsequies of Baba were duly performed by Balasaheb Bhate and Upasani, a great devotee of Baba.

JAI SAI RAM !!!

Offline ShAivI

• Members
    • Blessings 56
    « Reply #138 on: September 27, 2014, 04:24:48 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM !!!

CHAPTER 43 & 44 : Part - 2 

Some days before Baba's departure, there occurred an ominous sign foreboding
    the event. There was, in the Masjid an old brick on which Baba rested His hand
    and sat. At night time He leaned against it and had His asan. This went on for
    many years. One day, during Baba's absence, a boy who was sweeping the floor,
    took it up in his hand, and unfortunately it slipped from thence fell down broken
    into two pieces. When Baba came to know about this, He bemoaned its loss,
    crying - "It is not the brick but My fate that has been broken into pieces. It was
    My life-long companion, with it I always meditated on the Self, it was as dear to
    Me as My life, it has left Me to-day." Some may raise here a question - "Why should
    Baba express this sorrow for such an inanimate thing as a brick?" To this Hemadpant
    replies that saints incarnate in this world with the express mission of saving the poor
    helpless people, and when they embody themselves and mix and act with the people,
    they act like them, i.e., outwardly laugh, play and cry like all other people, but inwardly
    they are wide awake to their duties and mission.

Thirty two years before this, i.e., in 1886 A.D., Baba made an attempt to cross the
    border line. On a Margashirsha Pournima (Full moon) day, Baba suffered from a severe
    attack of asthma. To get rid of it Baba decided to take His prana high up and go into
    samadhi. He said to Bhagat Mhalasapti - "Protect My body for three days. If I return,
    it will be alright; if I do not, bury My body in that open land (pointing to it) and fix two
    flags there as a mark." Saying this, Baba fell down at about 10 P.M. His breathing stopped,
    as well as His pulse. It seemed as if His prana left the body. All the people including the
    villagers came there and wanted to hold an inquest and bury the body in the place pointed
    by Baba. But Mhalasapati prevented this. With Baba's body on his lap he sat full three days
    guarding it. After three days passed, Baba showed signs of life at 3 A.M. His breathing
    commenced, the abdomen began to move. His eyes opened and stretching His limbs, Baba
    returned to consciousness (life) again.

From this and other accounts, let the readers consider whether Sai Baba was the three
    and a half cubits' body that He occupied for some years and that He left thereafter or He
    was the Self inside. The body, composed of the five elements is perishable and transient,
    but the Self within is the thing - Absolute Reality which is immortal and intransient. The pure
    Being, Consciousness or Brahma, the Ruler and Controller of the senses and mind is the
    thing Sai. This pervades all things in the universe and there is no space without it. For
    fulfilling His mission He assumed the body and after it was fulfilled, He threw away the
    body (the finite aspect), and assumed His infinite aspect. Sai ever lives, as also the previous
    Incarnation of God Datta, Shri Narsimha Saraswati of Ganagapur. His Passing away is only
    an outward aspect, but really He pervades all animate and inanimate things and is their Inner
    Controller and Ruler. This can be, and is even now experienced by many who surrender
    themselves completely to Him and worship Him with whole-hearted devotion.

Though it is not possible for us to see Baba's form now, still if we go to Shirdi, we shall
    find His beautiful life-like portrait adorning the masjid. This has been drawn by Shamrao
    Jaykar, a famous artist and well-known devotee of Baba. To an imaginative and devout
    spectator this portrait can give even to-day the satisfaction of taking Baba's darshana.
    Though Baba has no body now, He lives there and everywhere, and will effect the welfare
    of the devotees even now as He was doing before when He was embodied. Saints like
    Baba never die, though they look like men, they are in reality God Himself.

JAI SAI RAM !!!

Facebook Comments