Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: THE NECTAR IN Sai Sat Charitra  (Read 37046 times)

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
    • Sai Baba
THE NECTAR IN Sai Sat Charitra
« on: December 10, 2006, 03:59:43 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

·   God is,  and there is nothing higher than Him.  He is perfect,  infinite and eternal.  He is omnipresent, omnipotent and  omniscient.  He is the creator,  sustainer and destroyer.  Surrender voluntarily and totally to His will.  
    Trust in Him and do the right.   Let the inner light (enlightened conscience)  guide all your actions.

·   To know me constantly think "Who am I?"  by sravana and manana.   Who are we?   What are we?   Where are we?   Where is all this world?  Think and think.  In reality you are not different from God.

·   I carry on,  as a wirepuller,  all the actions of the man who trusts Me and merges in Me.

·   Faith in God is the only anchor for the ship of Samsar, whether smooth or troubled waters.

·   Look to me with undivided attention;  so will I look to you.  This is the only truth My Guru taught Me.  The four sadhanas and the six shastras are not necessary.  With entire confidence trust your Guru.  That is enough.

Shirdi Sai Baba

Na Datta Guru Sai Maa Majavari Kathi Hi Ruso !
    OM SAI NAMO NAMAHA SRI SAI NAMO NAMAHA
    JAI JAI SAI NAMO NAMAHA SADGURU SAI NAMO NAMAHA

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    Re: THE NECTAR IN Sai Sat Charitra
    « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 04:03:24 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

"Ladies,  are you gone mad?  Whose father's property are you looting away? Have I borrowed any wheat from you,  so that you can safely take the flour?   Now please do this. Take the flour and throw it on the village border limits."

In these sweet words of Baba,  appears as a message for all those who are concerned about self.  Baba wants to drive away the selfish motto and  teach a sense of concern for the society.  He is the owner of the Wheat and it was He who had started the process of grinding but, the ladies who came to lend a helping hand  attempted to take it to their homes which He objected and taught them the right thing of throwing the ‘wheat flour’ on the village border limits. He directed the ladies to thoroughly clean the village and drive out the epidemic – Cholera out of the village – a good service for the society (which is nothing but we ourselves) .

« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 07:58:34 PM by Kavitaparna »

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 04:07:04 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

"Let him make a collection of stories and experiences,  keep notes and memos ;   I will help him. He is only an outward instrument.  I should write Myself My autobiography and satisfy the wishes of My devotees.  

He should get rid of his ego, place (or surrender) it at My feet.  He who acts like this in life,  him I help the most.  What of My life-stories?  I serve him in his house in all possible ways.  

When his ego is completely annihilated and there is left no trace of it,  I Myself shall enter into him and shall Myself write My own life.  

Hearing my stories and teachings will create faith in devotees'  hearts and they will easily get self - realization and Bliss;  let there be no insistence on establishing one's own view,  no attempt to refute other's  opinions,  no discussions of pros and cons of any subject."

By continuously thinking of his stories , experiences, Leelas,  and preparing notes and memos, Sh. Hemadpant ought to spend a total of his time in thinking about  Sai alone using his mind as an instrument. Once it was understood to the writer that he is only an instrument, the attribution of credit of having done such a great work did not arise and   thus, the ego is automatically surrendered.

In other words, Baba appears to have said, the Meditator, the God who is meditated upon  and  the Medium - all the three becomes one i.e., united / merged in the process leading to self realization.

What is Self realization ?  A process of negation. Arrive at what I am not and there by knowing what I am.  Thus, it is understood that the process of writing the Sai Sat Charitra  was only an exercise given to Shri Hemadpant  by  Baba as a  mean for him to  attain “Brahma Samaratha”.  As we are aware,  Baba prescribes several and different ways of ‘Saadhanaas’ for several  devotees based on their “Samskaaraas”.

As a resultant,  the Sai Sat Charitra  "the Kamdhenu"  has evolved out of the “Manthan” of the mind “ the Kshira Sagara” of  Shri Hemad Pant  the  for the Sai devotees.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 08:05:29 PM by Kavitaparna »

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 04:49:25 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

"What was going on in the (Sathe's) Wada? What was the discussion about?"
    "What did this Hemadpant say?"

Every mind is a  Sathe‘s  wada.  It generates several doubts ..thinks ... rethinks ... which sharpen the mind.  The mind gets restless till the appropriate answers are arrived at to get satisfied . This is possible only with Guru Kripa as is made clear to Hemadpant.

Next day after Hemadpant's meeting with Sai Baba, Kakasaheb went to Baba and asked whether he should leave Shirdi. Baba Said, "Yes". Then someone asked - "Baba, where to go?" Baba said, "High up." Then the man said, "How is the way?" Baba said, "There are many ways leading there; there is one way also from here (Shirdi). The way is difficult. There are tigers and wolves in the jungles on the way." I (Kakasaheb) asked - "But Baba, what if we take a guide with us?"

Yes. Shirdi is one of the  ways to go”up”. Please observe. In this, there is an underlying message ...why underlying ? ... it is a direct  message from Baba that we should accept and respect all the other the ways also as the ones to go “up”.

One more thing that has to be observed here is the presence of “Tigers” and “wolves” in jungles on the way. We can relate it to the "Siddhas" ,“mahimas” to which we should not get attracted and involved since they are material in nature while, our destination is much beyond these material things.

Hence, Baba has warned us about the “Tigers” and “wolves”.  Then, how to safeguard ourselves from these “Tigers” and “wolves” ?. The answer is ready. Take the guide with you. Who is our guide ? None other than BABA.

"Siddhas" and "Mahimas" prove the existence of the God. Our journey should not stop with attaining / having blessed with them. Because, our destination is God and not Siddhas / Mahimas. If we get attratcted by the Mahimas, there would be a danger of our journey getting stalled. They are the guards appointed by God. The experiences that the devotees are blessed with are also Siddhas / Mahimas. We shouldn't be contented with these but, take them as our hand sticks in our journey so that they can be made use of in the times of loosing our balance.

Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!
    Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!

kavita
    « Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 05:02:07 PM by Kavitaparna »

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 05:05:29 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

"Then there is no difficulty. The guide will take you straight to your destination, avoiding wolves, tigers and ditches etc. on the way. If there be no guide, there is the danger of your being lost in the jungles or falling into ditches."

kavita

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 05:14:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

"I fully agree with you regarding the writing of Sat Charita. You do your duty, don't be afraid in the least, steady your mind and have faith in My words. If my Leelas are written, the Avidya (nescience) will vanish and if they are attentively, and devoutly listened to, the consciousness of the worldly existence will abate, and strong waves of devotion, and love will rise up and if one dives deep into My Leelas, he would get precious jewels of knowledge."

USUALLY, THE JEWELS ARE KEPT UNDER LOCK AND KEY.
    BUT,HEMADPANT, HAD DECIDED TO DISTRIBUTE THE JEWELS.
    THERE IS A SECRET.
    THOUGH THESE JEWELS ARE MEANT TO BE WORN,
    MOST OF THE PEOPLE ARE CONTENTED WITH MERE SIGHT OF THEM.
    VERY FEW WORE THEM AND KEPT ON PASSING ON FOR THE DESERVING ONES TO WEAR.

kavita

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 12:19:07 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

"If a man utters My name with love, I shall fulfill all his wishes, increase his devotion. And if he sings earnestly My life and My deeds, him I shall beset in front and back and on all sides.

Those devotees, who are attached to Me, heart and soul, will naturally feel happiness, when they hear these stories.

Believe Me that if anybody sings My Leelas, I will give him infinite joy and everlasting contentment.

kavita
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 12:24:23 AM by Kavitaparna »

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 12:21:00 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

"It is My special characteristic to free any person, who surrenders completely to Me, and who does worship Me faithfully, and who remembers Me, and meditates on Me constantly.

How can they be conscious of worldly objects and sensations, who utter My name, who worship Me, who think of My stories and My life and who thus always remember Me?

I shall draw out My devotees from the jaws of Death".

kavita
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 12:23:42 AM by Kavitaparna »

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 12:23:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

" If My stories are listened to, all the diseases will be got rid of.

So, hear My stories with respect; and think and meditate on them, assimilate them.

This is the way of happiness and contentment.

The pride and egoism of My devotees will vanish, the mind of the hearers will be set at rest; and if it has wholehearted and complete faith, it will be one with Supreme Consciousness.

The simple remembrance of My name as 'Sai, Sai' will do away with sins of speech and hearing".

kavita

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 03:28:57 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

Baba about how he pleased his Guru:

"Oh mother, why are you subjecting yourself to unnecessary tortures and hastening your death? You are really My Mother and I am your child. Take pity on Me and hear Me through. I tell you My own story, which if you listen carefully, will do you good.

I had a Guru. He was a great Saint and most merciful. I served him long, very long; still he would not blow any Mantra into My ears. I had a keen desire, never to leave him but to stay with and serve him; and at all costs receive some instructions from him.

But he had his own way. He first got my head shaved and asked Me two pice as Dakshina. I gave the same at once. If you say that as My Guru was perfect, why should he ask for money and how should he be called desireless?

I replied plainly that he never cared for coins. What had he to do with them?
    His two paise were,
    (1) Firm Faith and
    (2) Patience or perseverance.
    I gave these two pice or things to him, and he was pleased".

kavita

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 03:32:46 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

Baba about his Guru and how he served his Guru:

"I resorted to My Guru for 12 years.
    He brought Me up.
    There was no dearth of food and clothing.
    He was full of love nay, he was love incarnate.
    How can I describe it? He loved Me most.
    Rare is a Guru like him.
    When I looked at him, he seemed as if he was in deep meditation, and then we both were filled with Bliss.
    Night and day, I gazed at him with no thought of hunger and thirst. Without him, I felt restless.
    I had no other object to meditate, nor any other thing than My Guru to attend.
    He was My sole refuge.
    My mind was always fixed on him.
    This is one paisa Dakshina.

Saburi (Patience or perseverance) is the other paisa.
    I waited patiently and very long on My Guru and served him.
    This Saburi will ferry you across the sea of this mundane existence. Saburi is manliness in man, it removes all sins and afflictions, gets rid of calamities in various ways, and casts aside all fear, and ultimately gives you success.

Saburi is the mine of virtues, consort of good thought. Nishtha (Faith) and Saburi (Patience) are like twin sisters, loving each other very intimately."

kavita

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 02:25:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

BABA ABOUT HIS GURU

Thanks to the lady who fasted for an Upadesham from Baba and extracted thus this Nectar from Baba.

"My Guru never expected any other thing from Me. He never neglected Me, but protected Me at all times. I lived with him, and was sometimes away from him; still I never felt the want or absence of his love. He always protected Me by his glance, just as the tortoise feeds her young ones, whether they are near her or away from her on the other side of the river bank, by her loving looks.

Oh mother, My Guru never taught Me any Mantra, then how shall I blow any Mantra in your ears? Just remember that Guru's tortoise-like loving glance gives us happiness. Do not try to get Mantra or Upadesh from anybody. Make Me the sole object of your thoughts and actions; and you will, no doubt, attain Paramartha (the spiritual goal of life). Look at Me whole-heartedly, and I in turn look at you similarly. Sitting in this Masjid, I speak the truth, nothing but the truth. No Sadhanas, nor proficiency in the six Shastras, are necessary. Have faith and confidence in your Guru. Believe fully, that Guru is the sole Actor or Doer. Blessed is he who knows the greatness of his Guru and thinks him to be Hari, Hara and Brahma (Trimurti) Incarnate."

kavita

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 02:29:43 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

BABA ABOUT HIS GURU

"Wonderful is the story. How were you blessed? I would like to know everything in detail from you, so tell Me all about it." Then Hemadpant related in full the story which he had heard a little while before, and which had made a lasting impression on his mind. Hearing this Baba was much pleased and asked him - "Did the story strike you and did you catch its significance?" He replied - "Yes, Baba the restlessness of my mind has vanished and I have got true peace and rest, and come to know the true path."

"My method is quite unique. Remember well, this one story, and it will be very useful. To get the knowledge (realization) of the Self, Dhyana (meditation) is necessary. If you practice it continuously, the Vrittis (thoughts) will be pacified. Being quite desireless, you should meditate on the Lord, Who is in all the creatures, and when the mind is concentrated, the goal will be achieved.

Meditate always on My formless nature, which is knowledge incarnate, consciousness and bliss. If you cannot do this, meditate on My Form from top to toe as you see here night and day. As you go on doing this, your Vrittis will concentrate on one point and the distinction between the Dhyata (meditator), Dhyana (act of meditation), Dhyeya (this meditated upon) will be lost and the meditator will be one with the Consciousness and be merged in the Brahman. The (mother) tortoise is on one bank of the river, and her young ones are on the other side. She gives neither milk, nor warmth to them. Her mere glance gives them nutrition. The young ones do nothing, but remember (meditate upon) their mother. The tortoise glance is, to the young ones, a down-pour of nectar, the only source of sustenance and happiness.

Similar is the relation, between the Guru and disciples ."
    Baba replied - "Hear this story, meditate on it and assimilate its spirit. Then you will always remember and meditate on the Lord, Who will manifest Himself to you."

kavita

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 12:14:26 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

" He will get some other job, but now he should serve Me and be happy. His dishes will be ever full and never empty. He should turn all his attention towards Me and avoid the company of atheists, irreligious and wicked people. He should be meek and humble towards all and worship Me heart and soul. If he does this, he will get eternal happiness".

kavita

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 12:15:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

"Be wherever you like, do whatever you choose, remember this well that all what you do is known to Me. I am the Inner Ruler of all and seated in their hearts. I envelope all the creatures, the movable and immovable world. I am the Controller - the wire-puller of the show of this Universe. I am the mother - origin of all beings - the Harmony of three Gunas, the propeller of all senses, the Creator, Preserver and Destroyer. Nothing will harm him, who turns his attention towards Me, but Maya will lash or whip him who forgets Me. All the insects, ants, the visible, movable and immovable world, is My Body or Form".

kavita

kavita

Facebook Comments