Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: THE NECTAR IN Sai Sat Charitra  (Read 37052 times)

Offline sureshsarat

• Blessings 8
    • Sai Baba
Re: THE NECTAR IN Sai Sat Charitra
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 12:40:04 AM »
  • Publish
  • Om Sri Sainathaya Namaha
    Om Sri Sainathaya Namaha
    Om Sri Sainathaya Namaha

Dear akka and others Sairam
    Sorrow and happiness are just a state of mind !

This one liner has been explained beautifully in the SSC.
    The Isha Upanishad explanation and finding by Dasa Ganu Maharaj at Vile Parle has no parallel. Baba is indeed unique and so are his teachings ! The servant maid's song, the new chirdi, the playful and joyful mood and returning back with old clothes are really great.
    So, sorrow and happiness are like the sari or dress. They are being worn by us deliberately. Only we do not realize that these emotions are our making and our taking. Where as we deliberate over the dress we wear !

Also, knowledge which have gained from our birth is not the true knowledge alluded to by our Lord Sai. And therefore to accept his teachings and imbibe his knowledge, we have to unlearn. And unlearn is the most difficult part. Right from our childhood we have cried out for our mother as "amma", "ma","aiyee" etc when we have an accident like falling down, hitting a stone etc. Now knowing Sai is our true saviour, mother, father do we practise calling out "O Sai", "My sai" .
    This is the unlearning and learning. We unlearn calling our mother and learn calling Sai.
    So such knowledge has got into our system which has to be done away with. Another such knowledge is the "I". I am human, my body etc.

I have already posted else where
    http://forum.spiritualindia.org/thoughts-for-every-day-t15766.0.html;msg66684#msg66684

http://forum.spiritualindia.org/ssc-the-path-to-salvation-t15547.0.html;msg65137#msg65137

If this can be built upon, probably we can find salvation.
    Suresh

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #31 on: April 26, 2007, 11:31:34 AM »
  • Publish
  • om sri sai ram

The beauty of the teachings that we derive from the SSC is, everytime it looks new in the sense, it gives a new dimension of meaning rather understanding.

The following are the instances of Ajnana :-

1 - I am a Jiva (creature)
    2 - Body is the soul (I am the body).
    3 - God, world and Jiva are different.
    4 - I am not God.
    5 - Not knowing, that body is not the soul.
    6 - Not knowing that God, world and Jiva are one.

Unless these errors are exposed to his view, the disciple cannot learn what is God, jiva, world, body; how they are inter-related and whether they are different from each other, or are one and the same.

To teach him these and destroy his ignorance is this instruction in Jnana or Ajnana.

Why should Jnana be imparted to the jiva, (who is) a Jnanamurti?

Upadesh is merely to show him his error and destroy his ignorance.

JAI SAI RAM
    OM SAI NAMO NAMAHA SRI SAI NAMO NAMAHA
    JAI JAI SAI NAMO NAMAHA SADGURU SAI NAMO NAMAHA

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 03:17:56 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

Baba added :-
    (1) Pranipata implies surrender.
    (2) Surrender must be of body, mind and wealth; Re:
    (3) Why should Krishna refer Arjuna to other Jnanis?

"Sadbhakta takes every thing to be Vasudev (B.G.VII-19 i.e., any Guru will be Krishna to the devotee) and Guru takes disciple to be Vasudev and Krishna treats both as his Prana and Atma (B.G.7-18, commentary of Jnanadev on this). As Shri Krishna knows that there are such Bhaktas and Gurus, He refers Arjuna to them so that their greatness may increase and be known.

JAI SAI RAM

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 09:48:39 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

"I always think of him who remembers Me.

I require no conveyance, carriage, tanga, nor train nor aeroplane.

I run and manifest myself to him who lovingly calls me. "

What an assurance from Baba to his children !

How Lucky we are to have such an instantly replying God / Father / Mother !!

Baba ! Pls hold our fingers tight always.
    Be with us always Baba!
    Guide us in the right path - your path.

Jai Sai Ram

kavita

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
    • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 06:31:46 AM »
  • Publish
  • Baba Fed Sumptuously, -- How?

Once, Mrs. Tarkhad was staying in a certain house in Shirdi. At noon, meals were ready and dishes were being served, when a hungry dog turned up there and began to cry, Mrs. Tarkhad got up at once and threw a piece of bread, which the dog gulped with great relish.

In the afternoon, when she went to the Masjid and sat at some distance, Sai Baba said to her, "Mother, you have fed me sumptuously up to my throat, My afflicted pranas (life-forces) have been satisfied. Always act like this, and this will stand you in good stead. Sitting in this Masjid I shall never, never speak untruth. Take pity on Me like this. First give bread to the hungry, and then eat yourself. Note this well." She could not at first understand the meaning of what Baba said.

So she replied -- "Baba, how could I feed You? I am myself dependent on others and take my food from them on payment." Then Baba replied -- "Eating that lovely bread I am heartily contended and I am still belching. The dog which you saw before meals and to which you gave the piece of bread is, one with Me, so also other creatures (cats, pigs, flies, cows etc.) are one with Me. I am roaming in their forms. He, who sees Me in all these creatures is My beloved.

So abandon the sense of duality and distinction, and serve Me, as you did today." Drinking these nectar-like words, she was moved, her eyes were filled with tears, her throat was choked and her joy knew no bounds.

Sai Ram. This is another example of Baba's Sarvagnatva, omniscience. This indeed is a wonderful story. Baba showed practically that He is not limited to body, space and time. He showed practically that He is One with every one. There are some more examples spattered through out Satcharitra, like Sai appearing to Balaram Mankar at Mahendraghad in a physical form etc.

Moral

"See God in all beings" is the moral of this chapter. The Upanishads, the Geeta and the Bhagwat, all exhort us to perceive God or Divinity in all the creatures. By the instance given at the end of this Chapter and others too numerous to mention. Sai Baba has practically demonstrated to us how to put the Upanishadic teachings into practice. In this way Sai Baba stands as the best Exponent or Teacher of the Upanishadic doctrines.

Sai Ram. See God in all beings" is the moral of this chapter. Sai Ram. Yes, this Moral is indeed the best gem from this chapter. The same concept is reinforced in Chapter 18; yes, again very significant since 18 adds up to 9, when Dasganu is taught the underlying concepts of Isa Upanishad. This indeed is a great chapter. Sai Ram.

Bow to Shri Sai - Peace be to all
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline tana

• Blessings 139
    • ~सांई~~ੴ~~सांई~
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #35 on: June 02, 2007, 04:48:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SAI RAM...

Baba gave the following beautiful advice --

"Be wherever you like, do whatever you choose, remember this well that all what you do is known to Me. I am the Inner Ruler of all and seated in their hearts. I envelope all the creatures, the movable and immovable world. I am the Controller - the wirepuller of the show of this Universe. I am the mother - origin of all beings - the Harmony of three Gunas, the propeller of all senses, the Creator, Preserver and Destroyer. Nothing will harm him, who turns his attention towards Me, but Maya will lash or whip him who forgets Me. All the insects, ants, the visible, movable and immovable world, is My Body or Form".

JAI SAI RAM...
    "लोका समस्ता सुखिनो भवन्तुः
    ॐ शन्तिः शन्तिः शन्तिः"

" Loka Samasta Sukino Bhavantu
    Aum ShantiH ShantiH ShantiH"~~~

May all the worlds be happy. May all the beings be happy.
    May none suffer from grief or sorrow. May peace be to all~~~

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #36 on: June 03, 2007, 12:12:59 PM »
  • Publish
  • Unless we take off these colored glasses of love and hatred from our eyes it is not possible to know

Aum Sairam

Sri Sai Baba said, "Purification of mind is absolutely necessary, without it all our spiritual endeavors are nothing, but useless show and pomp" in Shri Sai Satcharitra Ch.XVI & XVII.

It is the impurity of your own mind that is mainly responsible for bringing to your notice only the dark side of other's character. Make your own mind faultless and you will find that the number of sinners in this world is very much reduced.

Cultivate the habit of observing your own faults, examine the weaknesses of your heart very critically and you will realize that your mind is full of impurities; then you will hardly find any time to detect the fault of others.

Every thought arising in the mind of a man carries with it a feeling of love or hatred, which brings in joy or sorrow, and which prompts him to see virtue or vice in another.

Even the vices of him whom we love appear to us as virtue, and the virtues of him whom we hate appear as vices.

Unless we take off these colored glasses of love and hatred from our eyes it is not possible to know a person truly.

Be an impartial observer of every thought-wave arising in your mind; very soon you will notice that no thought arises in your mind. This is a sovereign recipe for controlling the mind.

Similarly, if you can dispassionately observe the impulses of love and hatred without identifying yourself with them, you will soon find the practice helpful in eradicating those impulses.

Life is very short; live amicably with all, behave well with all; scatter ambrosia everywhere and do not let fall even a drop of poison anywhere.

Your conduct influenced by love is ambrosia and that influenced by hatred is poison.

If a person calls on you even for an hour, fill his heart with ambrosia through your loving and guileless behavior; take care that none may catch poison from you.

Remove all poison from the heart and fill it up with ambrosia and then scatter it at every step.

Jaisairam!

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 10:07:58 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

"Ah, he says that I promised him to come but deceived him.

Inform him that I did attend his dinner with two others, but he failed to recognize Me.

Then why did he call me at all?

Tell him that he thought that the Sannyasi came to ask for subscription money; did I not remove his doubt in that respect and did I not say that I would come with two others, and did not the Trio come in time and take their meals?

See, to keep My words I would sacrifice my life, I would never be untrue to My words."

JAI SAI RAM

kavita

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 07:05:32 AM »
  • Publish
  •  Sri Hemadri Pant had vividly described the duties of enlightened souls. -

GOD incarnates Himself in different ages / periods of time for protecting the Righteous and punishing the

Wicked. This is Kali Yuga (age of Kali), if GOD undertakes the task of of punishing or eliminating the

Wicked, then more than half of the population on this earth would have to be punished or eliminated.

This would endanger the Human species itself. Hence GOD incarnated as an enlightened soul Sri Sai for

converting the Wicked into the Righteous ones as an ongoing task. As a result lots of people are being

converted to become righteous. Advent of Sri Sai has made a remote village called Shirdi into a vibrating

place of Holy Pilgrimage. To describe the countenance of Sri Sai will be like showing a candle to the

glowing full moon. Sri Hemadri Pant very nicely described Sri Sai's looks in the fourth chapter of Sri Sai

Satcharitra, please read the chapter carefully and visualize for yourself. Devotees from far and wide, from

all corners of India, came to Shirdi up to 1918 for seeing Sri Sai Baba in person.

Today devotees from all over the world are coming to Shirdi seeking blessings of Sri Sai.

Gouli Bua, a 95 years old devotee, said in those days -Sri Sai incarnated to shower HIS Mercy on

destitute and poor. This statement is literally true. While Kakasaheb Dixit was in meditation in those days,

Sri Sai appeared as Vithal of Pandharpur. After a while on the same day a vendor of photographs came

along with a photograph matching exactly with the vision he had in meditation. Kakasaheb Dixit purchased

that photograph, installed it in his altar and started worshipping the same.  These LEELAS and Miracles

were performed as demanded by the situation for lighting the spark of Enlightenment in the devotees.

One such Miracle was flowing of waters from Ganga and Yamuna from the toes of Sri Sai in response to

Das Ganu's wish to bathe at the confluence of Ganga and Yamuna at Prayag. How lucky is that Das Ganu

for having experienced this miracle. Devotees of Sri Sai tried in-vain to find out about who were Sri Sai's

parents, where was he born and from where he came to Shirdi. Actually who can be parents of GOD? How

can GOD be born? Such questions about birthplace of GOD and HIS parents are proofs of stupidity and

ignorance. Sri Sai told his devotees that HIS Preceptor / Master meditated and practiced Penance in an

underground closed chamber under a Neem tree in Shirdi. Today that place is called Guru Sthan

(Master's place) by Sai devotees.

I went for the first time to Shirdi in 2005 and had Darshan of Sri Sai in Samadhi Mandir.

I commenced daily devotional study of Sri Sai Satcharitra.

Hoping that you too will tread the path shown by Sri Sai.

Bow to Shri Sai-Peace be to all.

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #39 on: June 09, 2007, 08:13:48 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

Deo :

"You stole away My rags without My knowledge."

Deo denied all knowledge of the rags, but Baba asked him to make a search. He searched but found none.

Then Baba got angry and said -

"There is nobody here, you are the only thief, so grey-haired and old, you came here for stealing."

Here, Baba has taught us the 'Neethi' (moral) that we have to get everything from our Guru for, whatever we get from the Guru - each and every word amounts to "Upadesham".

Baba asked :

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing" replied Deo.

Then Baba - "Go on daily reading the Pothi (Jnaneshwari), go and sit in the Wada, read something regularly every day and while reading, explain the portion read, to all with love and devotion. I am sitting here ready to give you the whole gold-embroidered Shella (valuable cloth), then why go to others to steal rags, and why should you get into the habit of stealing?"

Jai Sai Ram

« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 09:37:39 AM by Kavitaparna »

kavita

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #40 on: June 11, 2007, 07:29:38 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sai Ram.

Let us continue with the exploration of the spiritual gems from chapter 12.

"Some men desired to see Sai Baba's but they did not get any opportunity of taking His darshan, till His Mahasamadhi. There are many such persons, whose desire for Baba's darshan was not thus satisfied. If these persons, believing in Him, listen to His Leelas, their quest for milk (darshan) will be, to a great extent, satisfied by the butter-milk (Leelas)."

Sai Ram.

Since Baba was not confined to His physical body, He is present in His photographs, in His devotees, in His stories and in His name and of course in all Gods and Saints.

So, a strong urge to reach Him through any of these different means establishes the connection.

After all, as Baba told Shri Das Ganu Maharaj, When the devotee is bursting with love for Vitthal, He will make appearance, indicating that He is Antaryami or the Indweller.

The same idea was also conveyed by Sai in similar words on other occasions too.
    So, looking at Baba's photo or painting is same as bowing to Him.
    This too was confirmed by Sai when He told a devotee that He knew Him for 4 years when that devotee went to Shirdi for the first time. Similarly, when Ratanji Wadia of Nanded was first asked to pay Rs.5 as dakshina and was also told that He already received a part of it, He indicated His oneness with Mauli Saheb, the porter saint of Nanded. Many more incidents can be seen in Satcharitra to indicate the oneness of Sai with all Saints and Gods.

This is not surprising since it is the ego that limits one's consciousness and Sai, who was without the slightest trace of ego is One with that Supreme Consciousness that is called God, Allah, Jehova, ParaBrahman, Para Shakti etc.

So, devotees could see in Him their own Guru, or favorite God. "If some persons went there by sheer luck and took Baba's darshan, were they able to stay there longer? No. Nobody could go there of his own accord, and nobody could stay there long even if he so wished. They could stay there, so long as Baba permitted them to stay, and had to leave the place when asked to do so by Baba; so everything depended of Baba's will."

Every body has its Karma. Baba knew the karma of each and every man, woman and animal, its past, present and future. So, He arranged for the particular body to go to Shirdi, Prayag or some other sacred place at the appropriate time. Like He made Shama to go to Goddess Saptashringi and made the Pujari of the same Goddess come to Him, as desired by the Goddess.

Like He made Shama go to Kasi and Prayag and met him there in the form of His portrait.

Sai also told devotees that as long as one has one's ego, the results of one's karma have to be enjoyed or born.

Thus one tends to take pride for doing good deeds and feels bad for doing either intentionally or even unintentionally bad deeds. This accumulation of karma results in more births to pay off those debts.

Thus the cycle of births and deaths is perpetuated till one gets rid of one's ego through Brahma Jnana.

Sai Ram.

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #41 on: June 17, 2007, 08:41:22 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

Thursday morning, Baba gave him (Deo) a dream-vision.

He sat on the upper floor and asked him whether he understood the Pothi.

"No" answered Deo.

Baba - "Then when are you going to understand?"

Deo burst into tears and said, "Unless You shower Your grace, the reading is mere worry and the understanding is still more difficult. I say this definitely."

Baba - "While reading you make haste, read it before Me, in My presence."

Deo - "What shall I read?" Baba - "Read Adhyatma (spiritualism)."

Baba is our father.

Our Lord had several times made it very clear to us in several ways that whatever we get has to be got only through him for, he is our FATHER. Let it be wordly pleasures / pains OR spiritual upliftment.

JAI SAI RAM

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007, 08:49:14 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

Baba's words:

"You fellows, now have a look and decide finally whether Iam a Moslem or a Hindu."

Indicating his Mahasamadhi two years in advance, Baba said to his devotees on the Vijayadasami Day in 1916 "This is my Seemollanghan (crossing the border)."

Ramachandra Patil, a tailor by profession and Baba devotee in Shirdi was scared that he would die since he was getting few indications.

Baba giving him assurance said :

"Don't be anxious, your hundi (death-warrant) has been withdrawn and you will soon recover, but Iam afraid of Tatya Patil. He will pass away on Vijayadashami of Shaka 1840 (1918 A.D.). Do not divulge this to anybody, nor to him, for he will be terribly frightened."

Jai Sai Ram

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #43 on: July 03, 2007, 08:53:04 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

"Oh Laxmi, Iam very hungry."

Off she went saying - "Baba, wait a bit, I return immediately with bread."

She did return with bread and vegetables and placed the same before Baba. He took it up and gave it to a dog.

Laxmibai then asked - "What is this, Baba, I ran in haste, prepared bread with my own hands for You and You threw it to a dog without eating a morsel of it; You gave me trouble unnecessarily."

Baba replied - "Why do you grieve for nothing? The appeasement of the dog's hunger is the same as Mine. The dog has got a soul; the creatures may be different, but the hunger of all is the same, though some speak and others are dumb. Know for certain, that he who feeds the hungry, really serves Me with food. Regard this as an exiomatic Truth."

This is an ordinary incident but Baba thereby propounded a great spiritual truth and showed its practical application in daily life without hurting anybody's feelings.

From this time onward Laxmibai began to offer Him daily bread and milk with love and devotion.

Baba accepted and ate it appreciatingly. He took a part of this and sent the remainder with Laxmibai to Radha-Krishna-Mai who always relished and ate Baba's remnant prasad.

JAI SAI RAM

kavita

Offline tana

• Blessings 139
    • ~सांई~~ੴ~~सांई~
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #44 on: August 02, 2007, 07:26:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • Om Sai Ram...

Fasting and Mrs. Gokhale

Baba never fasted Himself, nor did He allow others to do so. The mind of the faster is never at ease, then how could he attain his Paramartha (goal of life)? God is not attained on an empty stomach; first the soul has to be appeased. If there is no moisture of food in the stomach and nutrition, with what eyes should we see God, with what tongue should we describe His greatness and with what ears should we hear the same? In short, when all our organs get their proper nutrition and are sound, we can practise devotion and other sadhanas to attain God. Therefore, neither fasting nor overeating is good. Moderation in diet is really wholesome both to the body and mind.

One Mrs. Gokhale came to Shirdi with an introductory letter from Mrs. Kashibai Kanitkar (a devotee of Baba) to Dada Kelkar. She came to Baba with a determination to sit at Baba's Feet observing a three days fast. The day previous, Baba said to Dada Kelkar, that He would not allow his children to starve during the Shimga, i.e., Holi holidays, and that if they had to starve, why was He there? Next day when the woman went with Dada Kelkar and sat at Baba's Feet, Baba at once said to her, "Where is the necessity of fasting? Go to Dadabhat's house, prepare the dish of Puran POlis (wheat rotis with gram-flour and jaggery), feed his children and yourself too." Shimga holidays were on. Mrs. Kelkar was then in her menses and there was nobody to cook in Dadabhat's house. So Baba's advice was very timely. Then Mrs. Gokhale had to go to Dadabhat's house and prepare the dish as directed. She cooked that day, fed others and herself. What a good story and how beautiful its import!

Jai Sai Ram...
    "लोका समस्ता सुखिनो भवन्तुः
    ॐ शन्तिः शन्तिः शन्तिः"

" Loka Samasta Sukino Bhavantu
    Aum ShantiH ShantiH ShantiH"~~~

May all the worlds be happy. May all the beings be happy.
    May none suffer from grief or sorrow. May peace be to all~~~

Facebook Comments