Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Moral Stories  (Read 177481 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Re: Moral Stories
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • NO USE REPENTING WHEN IT�S TOO LATE

Once a farmer procured honey from a honey-comb after smoking away all the bees of the comb. He put the honey in a pot and left for his house. Unluckily, he stumbled against a stone on the way. As a result, the pot of honey fell down and broke. All the honey spilt on the ground.

Being a sticky fluid, honey doesn't leave the spot where it spills. So, finding it difficult to recover the honey, the farmer went away cursing himself.

Just then a swarm of flies came there. Getting the flavour of honey, they descended upon it. They never thought that the honey would catch them fatally. Having had their fill, they tried to fly away but their feet and wings got stuck into honey.

The flies cried, "How foolish we are! For a little pleasure we have to die an untimely death." It was too late now.

The End..
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #121 on: February 11, 2010, 08:47:29 AM »
  • Publish
  • AS YOU SOW, SO SHALL YOU REAP

Once upon a time a flea saw an ox grazing in a pasture. He knew that oxen work for men in their farms. But he didn't like it. He was proud that he fed on men's blood and yet didn't do anything for them.

Approaching the ox, the flea asked, "How is it so that you work for men though you are quite big and strong? Look at me, I never do anything for them and yet feed on their blood though I am so small."

The ox was surprised to hear what the flea had said and replied, "If I work for men, they are very kind to me. They take care of mine in every way, feed me, shelter me and moreover, pat me on my back, head and neck out of love and affection.

On the other hand, you feed on their blood and they are always up to destroy you."

Behaviour always counts.

The End..

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #122 on: May 16, 2010, 04:08:24 PM »
  • Publish
  • A VERY NICE STORY WITH A GOOD MORAL

A kindergarten teacher has decided to let her class play a game.

The teacher told each child in the class to bring along a plastic bag containing a few potatoes.

Each potato will be given a name of a person that the child hates,

So the number of potatoes that a child will put in his/her plastic bag will depend on the number of people he/she hates.

So when the day came, every child brought some potatoes with the name of the people he/she hated. Some had 2 potatoes; some 3 while some up to 5 potatoes. The teacher then told the children to carry with them the potatoes in the plastic bag wherever they go (even to the toilet) for 1 week.

Days after days passed by, and the children started to complain due to the unpleasant smell let out by the rotten potatoes. Besides, those having 5 potatoes also had to carry heavier bags. After 1 week, the children were relieved because the game had finally ended....

The teacher asked: "How did you feel while carrying the potatoes with you for 1 week?" The children let out their frustrations and started complaining of the trouble that they had to go through having to carry the heavy and smelly potatoes wherever they go.

Then the teacher told them the hidden meaning behind the game. The teacher said: "This is exactly the situation when you carry your hatred for somebody inside your heart. The stench of hatred will contaminate your heart and you will carry it with you wherever you go. If you cannot tolerate the smell of rotten potatoes for just 1 week, can you imagine what is it like to have the stench of hatred in your heart for your lifetime???"

Moral of the story: Throw away any hatred for anyone from your heart so that you will not carry sins for a lifetime. Forgiving others is the best attitude to take!

True love is not loving a perfect person but loving an imperfect person perfectly!!

Offline son$ai

• Blessings 3
    « Reply #123 on: June 28, 2010, 04:02:46 AM »
  • Publish
  • subhahrani ji dats really beautiful one
    God places the heaviest burden on those who can carry its weight.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #124 on: November 11, 2010, 09:40:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • What goes around comes around.........

One day a man saw an old lady, stranded on the side of the road, but even in the dim light of day, he could see she needed help. So he pulled up in front of her Mercedes and got out. His Pontiac was still sputtering when he approached her.

Even with the smile on his face, she was worried. No one had stopped to help for the last hour or so. Was he going to hurt her? He didn’t look safe; he looked poor and hungry. He could see that she was frightened, standing out there in the cold. He knew how she felt. It was those chills which only fear can put in you. He said, “I’m here to help you, ma’am. Why don’t you wait in the car where it’s warm? By the way, my name is Bryan Anderson.”

Well, all she had was a flat tire, but for an old lady, that was bad enough. Bryan crawled under the car looking for a place to put the jack, skinning his knuckles a time or two. Soon he was able to change the tire. But he had to get dirty and his hands hurt.As he was tightening up the lug nuts, she rolled down the window and began to talk to him. She told him that she was from St. Louis and was only just passing through. She couldn’t thank him enough for coming to her aid.

Bryan just smiled as he closed her trunk. The lady asked how much she owed him. Any amount would have been all right with her. She already imagined all the awful things that could have happened had he not stopped. Bryan never thought twice about being paid. This was not a job to him. This was helping someone in need, and God knows there were plenty, who had given him a hand in the past. He had lived his whole life that way, and it never occurred to him to act any other way.He told her that if she really wanted to pay him back, the next time she saw someone who needed help, she could give that person the assistance they needed, and Bryan added, “And think of me.”He waited until she started her car and drove off. It had been a cold and depressing day, but he felt good as he headed for home, disappearing into the twilight.

A few miles down the road the lady saw a small cafe. She went in to grab a bite to eat, and take the chill off before she made the last leg of her trip home. It was a dingy looking restaurant. Outside were two old gas pumps. The whole scene was unfamiliar to her. The waitress came over and brought a clean towel to wipe her wet hair. She had a sweet smile, one that even being on her feet for the whole day couldn’t erase. The lady noticed the waitress was nearly eight months pregnant, but she never let the strain and aches change her attitude. The old lady wondered how someone who had so little could be so giving to a stranger. Then she remembered Bryan.

After the lady finished her meal, she paid with a hundred dollar bill. The waitress quickly went to get change for her hundred dollar bill, but the old lady had slipped right out the door. She was gone by the time the waitress came back. The waitress wondered where the lady could be. Then she noticed something written on the napkin.

There were tears in her eyes when she read what the lady wrote: “You don’t owe me anything. I have been there too. Somebody once helped me out, the way I’m helping you. If you really want to pay me back, here is what you do: Do not let this chain of love end with you.”Under the napkin were four more $100 bills.

Well, there were tables to clear, sugar bowls to fill, and people to serve, but the waitress made it through another day. That night when she got home from work and climbed into bed, she was thinking about the money and what the lady had written. How could the lady have known how much she and her husband needed it? With the baby due next month, it was going to be hard….She knew how worried her husband was, and as he lay sleeping next to her, she gave him a soft kiss and whispered soft and low, “Everything’s going to be all right. I love you, Bryan Anderson.”There is an old saying

“What goes around comes around.”  ;D

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #125 on: December 15, 2010, 09:27:50 AM »
  • Publish
  • “ Two Goats”

A very very narrow bridge was improvised connecting two high mountain tops. The bridge
    was like a narrow wooden plank slung across the two mountain tops and had neither railings nor even ropes for protection. From the bridge, looking below, long way down, ran the treacherous rapids of a mighty river meandering through giant boulders.

One day, a mountain goat came along and wanted to go across the bridge to the other side of the mountain. The goat started walking over the narrow bridge. Mountain goats are surefooted animals and are fearless mountain climbers.

At about the same time, another goat started crossing the bridge from the other end. The two goats came face to face in the middle of the bridge. The bridge being very narrow, the two goats could not go past one another. And there was no way the goats could make about turns. There was absolutely no possibility that the goats could turn back.

The second goat spoke arrogantly to the first goat: "You are obstructing my path. Get out of my way, you silly goat!
    I am in a hurry to go to the other side."

The first goat replied: "I was first to step on to the bridge and therefore I have the right to cross the bridge first."

The second goat retorted angrily: "I am the strongest goat around. I have never lost a fight with other goats. Look at my great big horns and think again. Either you quickly get out of my way or else…!"

The two goats started fighting. Their horns locked and it was indeed, a strange sight to behold.

High up above on a narrow bridge two goats could not come to terms with each other.

They threw caution overboard and as a result there ensued a battle between two fools.

Both goats lost their balance and fell to their certain deaths.

After one week, by a strange co-incidence, two other goats started crossing the bridge from the opposite ends. One goat from this end of the bridge and the other goat from the other end. And the two goats met in the middle of the bridge.

The first goat spoke most politely: "I beg your pardon sir! It was too late when I realised that you were also crossing the bridge from the other end. Anyway, I am much younger than you are. I have been taught by my parents and by my teachers that I must respect my elders and that we should be gentle and kind to all creatures.

Furthermore, I remember the advice that when confronted with any problem, first offer a prayer to the Lord and seek His guidance. Problems and solutions always go together. Think of a bath-towel. If one end of the towel is where problems like to reside then the other end of the towel is where solutions reside. Both ends go together wherever the
    towel goes. Problems and solutions are inseparable. One has to merely search for the solution. I must first think about a clever solution."

The second goat said: "And what might that (solution) be?"

The first goat said: "Let me sit on this bridge with my head turned to one side so that you can slowly and carefully step over my back and cross over. I will then get up and be on my way."

Thus the two goats crossed the bridge safely.

"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.

Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #126 on: December 17, 2010, 09:45:16 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sri Satchidananda Sadguru Sainath Maharaj Ki Jai!
    A little boy got angry with his mother and shouted at her, "I hate you, I hate you." Because of fear of reprimand, he ran out of the house. He went up to the valley and shouted, "I hate you, I hate you," and the echo returned, "I hate you, I hate you."

Having never heard an echo before, he was scared, and ran to his mother for protection. He said there was a bad boy in the valley who shouted "I hate you, I hate you"

The mother understood and she asked her son to go back and shout, "I love you, I love you". The little boy went and shouted, "I love you, I love you," and back came the echo.

That taught the little boy a lesson: Our life is like an echo. We get back what we give.

Offline v2birit

• Blessings 29
    • जय जय रघुवीर समर्थ
      • Sai Baba Site
    « Reply #127 on: December 20, 2010, 04:37:11 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sai baba "I Like you I Like you". Did anybody here the echo.  :D

That is true. "What you give, you get". I always feel there is a string overwhelming invisible force, that takes care of this law of God.

Om Sai Ram

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #128 on: December 20, 2010, 09:57:02 AM »
  • Publish
  • Once upon a time there lived a lion in a forest. One day after a heavy meal. It was sleeping under a tree. After a while, there came a mouse and it started to play on the lion. Suddenly the lion got up with anger and looked for those who disturbed its nice sleep. Then it saw a small mouse standing trembling with fear. The lion jumped on it and started to kill it. The mouse requested the lion to forgive it. The lion felt pity and left it. The mouse ran away.

On another day, the lion was caught in a net by a hunter. The mouse came there and cut the net. Thus it escaped. There after, the mouse and the lion became friends. They lived happily in the forest afterwards.

;D   
    Moral : A friend in need is a friend indeed.
       ;D

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #129 on: January 04, 2011, 02:13:55 PM »
  • Publish

• The Golden Swan

Once upon a time, there was a swan / goose that had striking golden feathers. This swan lived in a pond. There was a house near this pond, where a poor woman lived with her two daughters. The people were really poor and were leading a tough life. The swan found that the poor mother was passing a hard time with her daughters.

The swan thought, “If I give them one after another my golden feathers, the mother can sell them. She and her daughters can live in comfort with the money raised from it”. After thinking this, the swan flew away to the poor woman’s house. On seeing the swan inside the house, the woman said,” Why have you come here? We have nothing to offer you”.

The Swan replied, “I have not come to take anything, but I have something to give you. I know your condition. I will give my golden feathers one by one and you can sell them. With the money raised through it, you people can easily live in comfort”. After saying this, the swan shed one of her feathers and then flew away. This became a regular feature and from time to time, the swan came back and every time left another feather.

Like this, the mother and her daughters were happily leading their life by selling the feathers of the golden swan. Each golden feather got them enough money to keep them in comfort. But the mother became greedy to get all the feathers as soon as possible. One day, she said to her daughters, “Now, we will not trust this swan, possibly she may fly away and never come back. If this would happen, we will be poor again. We will take all of her feathers, when she will come the next time”.

The innocent daughters replied, “Mother, this will hurt the swan. We will not cause any pain to her”. But the mother was determined to catch hold the swan the very next time she comes. Next time, when the swan came, the mother caught her and pulled out all of her feathers. Now, the golden feathers of the swan changed into some strange feathers. The mother was shocked to see such feathers.

The Golden Swan said, “Poor Mother, I wanted to help you, but you wanted to kill me instead. As per my wish, I used to give you the golden feather. Now, I think there is no need to help you. Now, my feathers are nothing more than chicken feathers for you. I am going from this place and will never come back”. The mother felt sorry and apologized for the mistake committed by her. The Golden Swan said, “Never be greedy” and flew away.
    Moral: Excess greed brings nothing.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #130 on: January 05, 2011, 10:02:45 AM »
  • Publish
  • The Power of a Rumour
    Once upon a time, it happened in a forest that a hare was resting under a banyan tree. He had an intuition of doom and thought, “What would happen to me, if the earth will break? “. Suddenly, he heard a weird striking sound. He said, “It’s happened, the earth is breaking up”. He jumped up and ran madly without even observing the direction.

When he was running through the forest, a hare saw him and asked, “What happened? Where are you going in such a hurry? “. The Hare cried,” The earth is breaking up. You better run too”. The second hare ran so fast that he overtook the first hare. As they were passing the forest, both of them shouted to other hares, “The earth is breaking up. The earth is breaking up”. Very soon, thousands of hares were running through the forest.

On seeing hares running through the forest, the other animals too got frightened. The news spread from mouth to mouth and soon, everyone came to know that the earth was breaking up. It didn’t take much time before all the animals joined the race. All creatures whether reptiles or birds, insects or four-footed animals, everyone was trying to escape and their cries of fear created chaos all around.

A lion standing on a hill saw all the animals running and thought,” What is the matter? “. He ran down the hill rapidly and positioned himself in front of the crowd. He shouted at them, “Stop! Stop! ”. The powerful presence of the lion curtailed the rising wave of fright among the animals. A parrot yelled, “The earth is breaking up”, alighting on a rock near him. The Lion asked,” Who said it? “. The parrot replied, “I heard it from the monkeys".

When the monkeys were asked, they replied that they had heard it from the tigers. When the tigers were asked, it was found that they were informed by the elephants. The elephants told that the buffaloes formed their source. Finally, when the hares were caught up, they pointed one to another until the one, who started this menace was recognized.

The Lion asked the hare, “What made you think that the earth is breaking up?” The hare wavering in fear answered, “Your Majesty, I heard it cracking with my own ears”. The Lion investigated the matter and explored the sound that the hare had heard. Ultimately, he came to know that the sound had been caused by a large coconut falling from a tree. The coconut fell on a pile of rocks causing a minor landslide.

The Lion said to all the animals, “ Go back to your homes. The earth is absolutely safe. Next time onwards, check a rumour before acting on it”. The animals, which were now looking quite stupid, went back to their homes.
    Moral: Check a rumour before acting on it.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #131 on: February 01, 2011, 06:40:32 PM »
  • Publish
  • A Friend in Need…

Once upon a time there lived four friends in a forest. They were very different from each other; yet, they were best friends and always came to each other's aid when required. The friends were: a mouse, a crow, a deer, and a tortoise. This is a story of how these friends, who ordinarily would have been natural enemies helped each other against their biggest enemy - Man, who was a hunter.

One-day, the mouse, crow, and deer were gossiping under a tree. They suddenly heard a scream. It was their friend, the tortoise! He was trapped in a hunter's net.

"Uh oh!" exclaimed the deer fearfully, "what do we do now?"

"Do not despair" said the mouse, "I have a plan" and the tree friends huddled together and decided on their plan of action.

The deer ran towards the hunter who was close to the tortoise caught in the net. He reached their without the knowledge of the hunter, and lay down in his path as though dead. The crow flew towards the deer and acted as though he were pecking at the deer. The hunter picked up the net and started walking home, when he suddenly laid eyes on the wondrous sight of a dead deer. "Hey, here is a deer, all ready for me" He thought and put down his net and walked towards the deer. The crow continued circling the deer, and flapping his wings furiously whenever the hunter tried to push him away. In the meantime, the mouse hopped to the tortoise and started chewing the threads of the net. As the crow kept the hunter at bay, the mouse freed the hunter. As soon as the crow saw that the tortoise was free, he let out a loud caw and flew away. The deer suddenly got up and ran! The hunter stood stunned and decided to go back to the tortoise, only to see that his net was torn, and the tortoise had escaped. "If only I hadn't been so greedy" he thought.

The four friends met again under the tree, and could not stop laughing at the trick that they had played on the hunter. Oh! What good friends they were, always their for each other!
      ;D ;D ;D

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #132 on: February 05, 2011, 03:52:14 PM »
  • Publish
  • Maharana Pratap   

Your dreams come true and you become successful if you have determination and a strong will. God helps those who help themselves. There is nothing impossible in the world for those with will power and unyielding determination. Although, Bharat’s history is full of such examples that convey this message, Maharana Pratap’s example is the unique one. The Rajputs (a community in Northern Bharat) are brave, chivalrous and gallant people. They were the first to resist the Mughal invaders. Many wars were fought between the Rajputs and the Mughals. Rajputs of Mewar (a province in Northern Bharat) surpassed all in deeds of bravery and personal sacrifice.
    Maharana Udai Singh II ruled the kingdom of Mewar (province of Northern Bharat), with his capital at Chittor. Maharana Pratap was his eldest son who was given the title of Crown Prince.

Those days, Mughal King Akbar wanted to rule the whole of Bharat and used forces to over come the Rajput kings. As a result, almost all major Rajput Kings surrendered to Akbar, but Maharana Pratap didn’t!! In fact, Maharana Pratap and his few loyal Rajput chieftain took pledge in front of Goddess Kali, “Hey Kali!! We take a pledge that we will not sleep on a bed but on the ground. We will not wear any fancy clothes until we defeat our enemies!!”

Mughal King Akbar sent his associate ManaSingh to convince Maharana Pratap. In his meeting with Maharana, ManaSingh asked, “Why don’t you join Akbar?” Maharana replied back, “I have not sold my honor to Akbar!! Rajputs like their honor most. You are not true Rajput!!”. ManaSingh furiously said, “I came as a friend and you have insulted me. You shall pay for this”. Maharana bravely replied, “Very well then!! we shall meet in the battle!!” At last Akbar and ManaSingh decided to use  force against Maharana Pratap.

The great battle between Maharana Pratap and ManaSingh was fought in the valley of Haldi-Ghati in June 21 1576. Maharana had only twenty thousand soldiers where as ManaSingh and his associate Salim had eighty thousand soldiers. There wasn’t any possibility of winning the battle. Maharana thought, “If I somehow manage to kill ManaSingh, there is a slight chance of winning the battle”

Maharana Pratap advanced towards ManaSingh without any support or backup. ManaSingh was riding an elephant. Pratap, riding a horse Chetak, attacked him like a fierce lion. He threw his spear aiming at ManaSingh, but elephant moved and spear missed its target. Soon Maharana was surrounded from all sides by enemy soldiers. But he was saved by his wise horse Chetak, who took him in an unconscious state away from the battle scene. Chetak was also badly wounded, but he did not stop until he took his master to safe place.

Maharana fought bravely. In this battle he lost almost all his army. After the battle, he and his family lived in exile. But he didn’t give up. He again started raising army with the help of his friend Bhama Shah and Bhil Tribals. Bhama Shah helped him raise the money and weapons. Bhil Tribals provided him with man-power.

Maharana Pratap fought relentlessly for fifteen years to get his kingdom back. By the end of 1584, he managed to liberate his most of the lost territories. But he could not get his Chittor (Capital of Mewar) back. It was still occupied by the enemies. His dream was partially fulfilled. After the relentless efforts, he died in 1597.

“Where there is a will, there is a way” is a familiar and well-known saying. This saying underlines a very vital fact of life, very few truly understand and practice it. Maharana Pratap practiced it. He did not give up until his last breath.  

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #133 on: February 08, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
  • Publish
  • Beware of Mean Friends

This is one more interesting story from the Hitopadesha Tales. Once upon a time, there lived a Lion by the name of Madotkata in a forest. Among his followers, a Jackal, a Crow and a Wolf had developed friendship with him. However, all the three had a selfish motive behind this so-called friendship. They knew that the Lion was the King of the forest and friendship with such fierce creature would always help them. To meet their selfish ends, they started obeying and were always available at the service of the Lion.

They didn’t have to make any efforts to search for their food, as the Lion used to give his leftover meals to them. Moreover, they became powerful as they were next to the King of the forest. So like this, all the three selfish friends were passing their days happily being the friends of the Lion. One day, a Camel, who came from some distant land, lost his way and entered the same forest where these friends lived. He tried his best to find out the way, but could not make it.

In the meantime, these three friends happened to pass through the same way where the Camel was wandering. When they saw the Camel, at once it came to their mind that he didn’t belong to their forest. The Jackal suggested to his other two friends, “Let’s kill and eat him”. The Wolf replied, “It is a big animal. We could not kill him like this. I think, first we should inform our King about this Camel”. The Crow agreed upon the idea given by the Wolf. After deciding, all of them went to meet the Lion.

On reaching the Lion’s den, the Jackal approached the Lion and said, “Your Majesty, an unknown Camel has dared to enter your kingdom without your consent. His body is full of flesh and he could make a nice meal for us. Let’s kill him”. The Lion roared loudly on hearing this and said, “What are you saying? The Camel has come for refuge in my kingdom. It is unethical to kill him like this. We should provide him the best shelter. Go and bring him to me”. All of them got dispirited to hear such words from the King.

They unwillingly went to the Camel and told him about the desire of the Lion, who wanted to meet him. The Camel was scared to know about the strange offer. He thought that his last moment had come and in a little while he would become the meal of the Lion. As he couldn’t even escape, so he decided to meet the Lion and left everything on the destiny. The selfish friends escorted the Camel to the Lion’s den. The Lion was happy to see the Camel. He welcomed him warmly and assured him of all the safety in the forest during his stay.

The Camel was totally amazed to hear the Lion’s words. He got very happy and started living with the Jackal, the Crow and the Wolf. One day, when the Lion was hunting for food, he had a struggle with a mighty Elephant. The Lion got badly injured in the struggle and became incapable of hunting for his food. Stricken by bad luck, the Lion had to sustain without food for days. Due to this, his friends too had to go hungry for days as they totally depended on the Lion’s kill for their food. But the Camel was satisfied grazing around in the forest.

All the three friends got worried and discussed the matter among them. On reaching a conclusion, they approached the Lion and said, “Your Majesty, you are getting weak day by day. We can’t see you in this wretched condition. Why don’t you kill the Camel and eat him?” The Lion roared, “No. How can you think such thing? He is our guest and we should not kill him. Don’t give such suggestions to me in future”. As the jackal, the crow and the wolf had set their evil eyes on the camel; they met once again and devised a plan to kill the Camel.

They went to the Camel and said, “Dear Friend, you know our King has not eaten anything from the past many days. He is unable to go for hunting due to his wounds and sickness. Under such circumstances, it becomes our duty to sacrifice ourselves to save the life of our king. Come with us, we will offer our bodies to make his food”. The Camel didn’t understand their plan, but innocently he nodded in favor of their plan. All of them approached the den of the Lion.

First of all, the Crow came forward and said, “Your Majesty, we didn’t succeed in getting any food for you. I can’t see you like this. Please eat me and make me obliged”. The Lion replied, “Dear, I will prefer to die than to perform such a sinful deed”. Then, the Jackal came forward and said, “Your Majesty, Crow’s body is too small to satisfy your appetite. I offer myself to you, as it is my duty to save your life”. The Lion politely rejected the offer. As per the plan, now it was the turn of the Wolf to offer himself to the King.

So, the Wolf came forward and said, “Your Majesty, Jackal is quite small to gratify your hunger. I offer myself for this kind job. Please kill me and satisfy your hunger”. After saying this, he lay prostrate before the Lion. But the Lion didn’t kill any of them. The Camel, who was watching the whole scene felt reassured of his safety and also decided to go forward and complete the formality. He marched forward and said, “Your Majesty, why don’t you kill me. You are my friend. A friend in need is a friend indeed. Please allow me to offer you my body”.

The Lion found the offer quite appropriate, as the Camel himself had offered his body for food, his ethics were maintained. The Lion attacked the Camel at once, ripped open his body and tore him into pieces. The Lion and his friends ate the delicious flesh to their fill. They feasted on the poor Camel for days together.

Moral: Beware of Mean Friends.

Offline shekarvani

• Blessings 2
    « Reply #134 on: February 09, 2011, 12:12:39 AM »
  • Publish
  • Very nice and useful stories. Thank you for the stories.

Facebook Comments