Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: About Sai Baba, a great document of our Young Sai since he was 5 years old  (Read 15482 times)

Offline shambi_me

• Blessings 0
  • fall colors
    • Sai Baba
Om Sri Sai Ram.
the link:

http://www.lordmeher.org/index.jsp?pageBase=page.jsp&nextPage=62

the story goes:

SAI BABA, THE FAKIR OF ALLAH

"Allah is the Protector of the poor.
There is nothing besides Him.
The name of Allah is eternal:
Allah is All-in-all!"

Thus a bearded man wearing a ragged robe would cry out daily in Shirdi village. He would smoke a chilum pipe of opium in a consecrated mosque while people would stream by to pay their respects to him. As his blessings to each, he would say, "Give me your money. Give me whatever money you have in your pockets." They would have to let him have all their money; often he would not even allow the people to keep enough to pay their train fare back home. Strange was this ragged ascetic who always asked for money, for by the end of the day he had given it all away to the poor, and would wander the streets to beg for his food. He would beg only for bhakri – a sweet unleavened millet bread – he lived on that alone.

This ascetic beggar was most often referred to as "fakir." Once, a naked child stood before this fakir, who innocently asked the mother, "Daughter, is it a boy or a girl?" Such was this fakir's innocence, he would often appear quite ignorant of such things.

When anyone would beseech him for something, the fakir would reply, "Allah malik hai!" – "God is great!"

This fakir's behavior was not normal, to say the least. It was considered hypocrisy and slanderous for a fakir to extract money from people. However, people did not mind giving their money to this particular fakir who gave it all to the poor. They had faith in him and gave him whatever he asked, and they considered themselves blessed if he asked for something from them.

please go to the above link for the full story...
Om Sai Sri Sai Jai Jai Sai
shambhavi.

Offline shambi_me

• Blessings 0
  • fall colors
    • Sai Baba
Om Sri Sai Ram

PERFECTION PERSONIFIED

People would hear him say, "I only ask those whom the Fakir points out. In exchange I have to give them ten times what they give me." The Fakir he spoke of was none other than Almighty God.

Was this fakir a Hindu or a Muslim? People of every religion and caste in India would go to him. This holy man was especially unique, for he belonged to no caste or religion or "ism." This fakir was too poor and too great to belong to anything.

Why would people journey hundreds of miles from all over the Indian subcontinent to see him? It was because of his eyes! The eyes of this fakir were said to be light! Some would say, "Those eyes! ... His eyes shine with more brilliance than the sun! ... They are magnetic! ... His eyes must be made of light!" However one described them, it was those eyes that eventually attracted thousands to him. Upon looking into his eyes one would bow in worship at his feet.

Hidden in this extraordinary fakir was the Qutub-e-Irshad of the past age. This fakir was the head of the spiritual hierarchy and the leading Perfect Master of his time. He who held the key to all worlds and universes in his very hands appeared as a ragged beggar in a small village called Shirdi. In this beggar's hands the conflicting forces of the world's turmoil and the throes of the universes were kept balanced! It may be difficult for a worldly-minded materialist to believe this, but it is a spiritual fact. If people were told this peculiar holy man was responsible for conducting or controlling the First World War, they would say it was ridiculous. But in the inner realms of spiritual realities, the Qutubs or Sadgurus are the Masters of the universe and nothing ever happens without their divine ordinance.

The beggar's appearance was most deceiving. He was the mightiest king in heaven or on earth, but he did not care if people saw him merely as a beggar. Now the sun of his divinity has shed its light. He has done his duty; one must do his. To understand him one must care to know – he who cares gains because of knowing him.

TO RESEARCH the life of any man-become-God, or Perfect Master, is difficult because when he is embodied, when his sun is brightly shining, all eyes are focussed on it, on him. It is only after the sun sets that our attention shifts to recording his story.

continued....
shambhavi.

Offline shambi_me

• Blessings 0
  • fall colors
    • Sai Baba
Om Sri Sai Ram.

THE NAMELESS ONE

Without becoming a fakir, one can never fathom such a Master's life. Whatever he reveals to the world is just a few rays of his light. And so the true story of every Perfect One cannot be known in detail. That fakir, of whom the world has come to know, never even allowed his fellow man to know his family or childhood name. Our age has named him "Sai," which means "the Lord," or "the Holy One."

Nothing is definitely known about his birth. Some believe that Sai was born into a Brahmin family, that his parents died and he was then raised by a Muslim ascetic. Some believe, however, that he was born in a Mohammedan family, and most biographers agree with this belief. Whatever the circumstances of his birth and childhood, they are lost as facts. One must concern oneself with Sai the Master, not the man, in whose eyes all are one.

It is said that Sai was born in 1838 in Sailu village in the Jintur district of India. But other, more recent evidence points to his birthplace as being in Pathri village in the Parbhani district, and also it is said that his childhood was spent near Aurangabad in Maharashtra. One known fact, however, is that his parents were very, very poor. After his father's death when he was still a young child, his mother was forced by circumstances to resort to begging for their maintenance.

One might well wonder what sort of drama this was. He who was destined to be the Lord of the universe had to spend his childhood among the destitute, the homeless, begging on the streets. What an unfathomable design by God! The man through whom the world's destiny was to be guided was brought up in most pitiable destitution.

Our Age heard the young boy cry, "Mother walk slowly. I cannot go faster ... I cannot go on." And the mother lifted the boy in her arms with tears in her eyes. "Mother, I am hungry ... When will someone kind give us food?"

And his mother whispered, "Son, have patience. God is merciful. There is a village not far away where we will find bread."

Sensing his mother's plight, the boy said, "Mother, I do not feel hungry anymore ... I feel like walking now." He slipped down from her grasp and, though tired and weak, slowly walked behind her.

continued...
shambhavi.

Offline shambi_me

• Blessings 0
  • fall colors
    • Sai Baba
Om Sri Sai Ram.

GOPAL RAO DESHMUKH

In this manner, for five years mother and son wandered from door to door, from village to village. With his sweet conversation, the boy kept his mother cheerfully distracted. Never again did the boy ask his mother for food or comfort. Blisters painfully tormented the soles of his feet until they toughened like leather, as they walked on and on. The mother did not know where they were going. They begged, they moved on to survive.

Mercy is always hidden in the apparent terribleness of God. Fate is a paradoxical mystery: the cruelty of God is in some way His mercy! No one can escape His compassion whatever the circumstances. God's nature is mercy, and He is mercy itself. In His eyes, no one is helpless and without hope. But only those who become God fathom this mystery.

Although mother and son were suffering in the eyes of the world, one cannot imagine what the five-year-old boy was about to receive. After knocking on door after door in the village of Shelwadi and being turned away empty-handed, the mother and son wandered to the door of a blind man who took them in. But this blind man was a saint!

GOPAL RAO DESHMUKH was a famous Hindu saint in the area, and he embraced the boy so ardently, it was as if after years of separation two old friends had been reunited once again. Indeed, the saint had been waiting for this woman and boy, and with great respect and love prepared a room in his own house for them to live with him permanently. There was nothing in the blind saint's house – no furniture or decorations – except a large life-sized statue of Vyankatesh – Lord Vishnu – which he would worship day and night.

The saint's father was named Keshav Pant. Although a poor Hindu, Keshav was very religious or devout and was the root of Gopal Rao's spirituality. From childhood, inspired by his father, the flame of spirituality burned deeply in his heart. When it became time for Gopal Rao to earn his livelihood, he had failed to find a job in his birthplace of Jamb, and so he had moved to Shelwadi. After he had lived in Shelwadi for some years, the local  townspeople looked upon him with reverence. Although still a poor man himself, whatever he had he would share with others more unfortunate and nurse the afflicted. In token of his selfless service, the town officials granted him a piece of land on which to live and grow food.

continued....
shambhavi.

Offline shambi_me

• Blessings 0
  • fall colors
    • Sai Baba
Om Sri Sai Ram.

A SAINT'S TREASURE

Gopal Rao suffered a severe penance. One day he gazed at a beautiful woman and began having unwelcome lustful desires. He was so struck by the depravity of his thoughts that he immediately returned to his home and, while standing before the statue of Vyankatesh, poked out both of his eyes with an iron spike! The external light of the world was cut out forever, but this act caused the inner light within him to flame!

The light within became a fire and his fame spread to distant places throughout India. It was said, "The Lord Vyankatesh himself prepares the arti tray for Gopal Rao. Only then does the saint perform the arti before the Lord." In this manner the blind saint would worship his idol Vyankatesh, and because of Gopal Rao's presence, Shelwadi turned from a farming village into a sacred place of pilgrimage.

IN THE HUMBLE HOUSE of this blind saint, young Sai was brought up with great affection and loving care – the many wounds of five years of begging healed. The saint's love for the boy grew more and more pronounced while the mother served this blind man with deep respect. He had made a home for her and her son, and for this she was always grateful.

When the boy was twelve years old, his mother died. With the snapping of this parental connection, the boy and blind saint lived in the same house together for several years. It was during this period that the boy had the spiritual world unveiled to him by the saint and became Gopal Rao's chief disciple.

Observing their close association, the saint's Brahmin disciples became resentful and envious of the boy, wondering why their Master was so fond of this Muslim lad. As a result, they tried various ways of harassing the youth, but he would tolerate their meanness out of love for Gopal Rao. The situation worsened; their jealousy made them violent and despicable, and some of them decided to murder the boy. They began plotting how to kill him, but:
He whom God wishes to protect,
no one can touch a hair on his head.
Even if the whole world goes against him – he is safe!

What jealousy can do! It turned a group of devotees into potential murderers. As a result, on one occasion when Gopal Rao was walking through the jungle forest accompanied by the

continued....
shambhavi.

Offline shambi_me

• Blessings 0
  • fall colors
    • Sai Baba
Om Sri Sai Ram.

THE BOY RAISES THE DEAD

boy, some of the devotees secretly followed them. As the saint and boy were resting under the shade of a tall tree, the men stealthily crept toward them and one threw a large stone at the boy's head. But instead of hitting the boy, the stone struck Gopal Rao. Seeing his Master suffer because of him, Sai's heart broke and wept tears of blood! He told Gopal Rao, "Master, after all our years together, my staying with you is no good anymore. Let me leave this place."

The saint replied, "You cannot leave. From today I have decided to make you my sole heir. One day you will inherit my treasure... ."

The man who tried to kill Sai became ill and suffered much before he died shortly thereafter. The village devotees were surprised at this man's sudden demise and believed that Gopal Rao had punished him for his wicked intent. One of the man's relatives went to the saint seeking forgiveness, and the rest of the devotees began praying in hope of reviving the dead man. Hearing his request, Gopal Rao told the relative, "Why do you ask me to bring him back to life? I am just an ordinary man like yourself. I have no such power. I cannot do such a thing." Then, pointing to the boy, Gopal Rao added, "Perhaps this Muslim lad can do it."

At a sign from the saint, the boy rose and, picking up some dirt from Gopal Rao's feet, rubbed it on the corpse. After a few minutes, the dead man came back to life and sat up! The village devotees were astonished. From this act of divine power they realized that the boy's relationship with Gopal Rao was unique; and as the chief disciple of their Master, the boy was to be honored instead of hated. In celebration of this resurrection, the villagers formed a long procession with the boy and Gopal Rao seated in a palanquin while hundreds worshiped them both, showering flowers as they were carried through the town.

Gopal Rao had been hinting for a few days that soon he would give up his body, but none of the devotees took his words seriously. One day he gathered all his close ones and told them, "My time has come." The blind saint then allowed his disciples to bathe him. He had prayers read and a section of the Bhagavad Gita recited. He called the boy to him and lovingly gave him his own dhoti – a white cloth worn around the waist to the ankles. This Sai reverently accepted. Gopal Rao imparted some final instructions to his disciples and, lying down, quietly severed his connection with his physical body. By handing over his robe to the youth, Gopal Rao transferred his spiritual charge with all its responsibilities and burdens to the boy. Sai thoroughly understood its significance. From the cloth of his Master's dhoti, the young lad had a kafni (shirt) and a turban for himself made which he always wore. This Muslim lad, whom we call "Sai," was then just sixteen years old.

shambhavi.

Offline shambi_me

• Blessings 0
  • fall colors
    • Sai Baba
Om Sri Sai Ram.

GOPAL RAO'S DHOTI

SOON AFTER Gopal Rao's death, the young man left Shelwadi and sought seclusion in a forest. One day, a man named Chand Patil was passing through the forest when he came upon the young fakir seated under a tree. Without any introduction, the young man asked Chand Patil, "Have you lost two horses?"

Startled, the man replied, "Yes, but I have been unable to find them."

"Go to a nearby stream," said the young fakir, "and you will find them there." Chand left and was happily surprised to find them exactly where the young ascetic had indicated.

When Chand returned to thank the fakir, he saw the youth filling his chilum with tobacco. Anxious to light the pipe for the fakir, Chand realized that he did not have any matches. The young man waved him away and, thrusting a stick in the ground, unearthed a piece of burning charcoal and held it to his pipe. This remarkable feat convinced Chand Patil that the young fakir was "someone great and holy." He requested the young man to accompany him to the village of Shirdi, where he was journeying to attend his nephew's wedding, and the fakir agreed to join him.

Shirdi was not a big or famous town then. The entire village turned out to welcome the visitors, little knowing what a distinguished guest they had among them. As the wedding procession passed by the Khandoba temple, a Hindu priest named Bhagat Malsapati caught sight of the young fakir and called out for the first time the words, "Hah Sai, hah!" – "Welcome, Lord, welcome!" From that day on, the young fakir of only sixteen whose name no one really knows, came to be known as Sai.

The young fakir did not remain in Shirdi long, however, and began his wandering from place to place in Maharashtra, begging along the way. Finally, he wandered among the hills surrounding the ancient Ellora caves at Aurangabad, where he entered a small cave atop a hill in Khuldabad.

ZARZARI BAKSH & SWAMI OF AKALKOT

At the bottom of this hill is the tomb of the Sufi Qutub Zarzari Bakhsh. This Qutub's tomb has been a favorite spot of Mohammedan pilgrims in the area for over seven hundred years. Zarzari Bakhsh was the Master of Sai in a previous lifetime as a Sufi. Sai, inwardly drawn to be near his former Master, entered a cave overlooking the tomb. Sai became God-Realized during this period and stayed in this cave for several years in the state of majzoobiyat, never leaving the cave for food or water.

During these years the strong healthy physique of the young fakir turned into a living skeleton. The skeleton, however, had infinite light – as if Sai's flesh and bones had been transformed into light! But this emaciated fakir had lost his gross consciousness. He now had the body of a mature man, but he was a man who had no bodily consciousness! He had become a God-Realized majzoob. Sai was fully conscious of himself as God – "Anal Haq" – but for over four years was completely oblivious of his own human body and the world around him. Yes it was necessary for Sai to leave that cave; he needed to regain his gross awareness to be able to fulfill his destiny – to wipe away the tears of our Age – to bring the Ancient One into form.

When Sai finally left the cave, he was emaciated – a living skeleton. Inwardly drawn by the power of another Perfect Master, he wandered east to meet the Swami of Akalkot, and by this Hindu Sadguru's grace Sai regained normal human consciousness. In this village of Akalkot, in the mountainous range of Ajanta, the fakir had now become Sai – a Lord of the universe – a living Perfect Master – and his divine work on earth began. He was twenty years old.

SAI WANDERED back to Shirdi in 1858 and there he stayed, making this humble village his permanent headquarters. At first, it seemed as if a new fakir had made his residence in Shirdi; he kept aloof from the villagers, spending his nights under a neem tree in all seasons. His bodily needs were minimal; whatever food or tobacco he wanted he begged for. The fakir preferred to be alone and he made this known to anyone who invaded his solitude. It appeared he disliked the villagers.

After living for some months under the neem tree, Sai moved into a small tin shed which served as the local mosque in this poor village. Sai renamed the mosque "Dwarkamai Masjid" – the mosque of the Mother of Mercy. Here two men began faithfully serving him, one the Hindu priest, Malsapati, who named him "Sai," and another named Tatya Kote. Many of the villagers would sarcastically refer to them as "the trio of the Masjid."

shambhavi.

Offline shambi_me

• Blessings 0
  • fall colors
    • Sai Baba
Om Sri Sai Ram.

SHIRDI VILLAGE

At that time, Shirdi was a quiet farming village, but some years after Sai settled there, plague swept through the area and scores of persons died. The district officials tried everything to alleviate the epidemic, but nothing helped. Eventually some people approached Sai, narrating their tales of woe and pleading with him to help before the entire population of Shirdi was wiped out.

The fakir was moved by their stories and went to a nearby house, picked up a millstone, then returned to the Mother of Mercy mosque and started grinding wheat. Collecting the flour, he gave it to a woman with instructions to sprinkle it along the boundaries of the village. The woman willingly did as she was told and, within a short time, to everybody's relief the epidemic started to subside. Patients recovered and Shirdi was completely free from the fatal effects of the plague.

On frequent occasion, invalids and the diseased from the surrounding villages would come to the fakir, who treated them with medicinal herbs. Afterward, he would sit with these afflicted ones, listening to the devotional music they would sing. Each person was attracted to him for one reason – the light in his eyes!

The Perfect Masters are all unique. If there was a physical characteristic that set him above other men it was his eyes. The eyes of this Perfect One were so luminous with such power and deep penetration in his gaze that no one could look into them for long. One felt that he was reading one through and through, that nothing could be kept secret from that gaze. Once those eyes beheld one, that look was never forgotten. After seeing his face and eyes, people could only bow to him in worship as their Lord.

Sai Baba begged for his food every day; usually he would beg for only bread at five different houses in Shirdi. At each doorstep he would call out, "Mother, give me bhakri," or "Mother, give me roti." He continued begging up to his last days in 1918. Sai ate only one or two of the breads himself, distributing the rest to the poor.
shambhavi.

Offline shambi_me

• Blessings 0
  • fall colors
    • Sai Baba
Om Sri Sai Ram.

DECLARATIONS OF DIVINITY

Sai Baba had several strange personal habits, besides being a heavy smoker. While begging, he would often stop along the way – in secluded places or amidst a teeming bazaar – and unabashedly lift his dhoti to urinate, and after finishing, he always shook his penis seven times before he would continue on with his begging. Seeing him behave in this uncouth manner, some of the villagers at first took him to be mad – not holy.

Sai Baba would also take hours to relieve his bowels. As the number of devotees increased, this act of attending to nature's call was actually transformed into a ceremony of pomp and adoration. The ceremony that became the moving of his bowels Sai would call "lendi." He would go to defecate every day at a fixed time, usually late morning in a nearby field, followed by a parade of devotees – some playing musical instruments.

Yet this lendi-ceremony held a spiritual mystery. Sai Baba once explained, "While I pass my stool, I direct my abdals – spiritual agents on the inner planes – about their duties to the world. I call upon them through the sound of the music during the parade."

Once in a glorious state he declared his divine state:
"I am the Attributeless One – the Absolute!
The universe is my abode.
Brahma is my father
and Maya is my mother.
By their interlocking, I got this body.
Those who think I reside at Shirdi
do not know the real Sai,
for I am formless and everywhere!"

At another time, Sai Baba declared his divinity:
"I am God. I am Mahalaxmi,
I am Vithoba ...
Ganesha ...
Dattatrey ...
I am Narayan ...
Why do you go to the Ganges River in Benares?
Hold your palm at my feet –
here flows the Ganges!"

A GHOUS MASTER

SAI BABA was a ghous type of spiritual personality. This ghous type of Master is rare. Once a man went to the mosque where Sai Baba slept and found the physical limbs of the Master's body lying separated on the floor! In one corner was the Master's hands and arms, in another corner his legs and feet, and in another corner his head! Every limb was separated from the torso! The poor man was aghast. Terrified, he thought of notifying the village police that the fakir had been murdered – hacked to pieces. But he feared that the police might implicate him in the crime, and so he went home out of his wits as to what to do. The next morning the disturbed man anxiously went to the mosque. To his shocked surprise he found Sai Baba alive, giving a discourse to some of his devotees, and he wondered if what he had seen the previous evening had been a nightmarish dream. The man did not know about this rare characteristic of the fakir. At times, for their inner work, Perfect Ones enter the ghous state and parts of their physical body separate. When that particular phase of work is finished, their body automatically joins together again when they return to gross (bodily) consciousness.

There is another story of a man who witnessed Sai dismembering himself. The fakir always slept alone, and each night he entered the ghous state. It is said that Sai slept on a bed about six feet off the ground, but there was no ladder. Once when he had gone to retire to his room, a man quietly crept to the window to see Sai levitate to his bed. But he was aghast to see a body without arms, without legs and without a head! Instantly the man was blinded, and his blindness served as a source of repentance for the rest of his life.

Sai Baba was a person of great humor. He would often joke with his devotees and even poke fun at their weaknesses. However, until he died, he retained the austere ascetic life of a fakir. He would call God "poor" – a Fakir also. "Since God is poor I am poor."

He wore the same kafni (shirt) until it was so torn and tattered that one of his disciples had to forcibly remove it from him and give him a new one to wear. Even after that, Sai often sat with a needle and thread, patiently repairing it. This was the same garment given to him in his youth by Gopal Rao. Later, when it was completely in shreds, he sewed the pieces together and made a turban-kerchief which he wore around his head.

continued.....

link:http://www.lordmeher.org/index.jsp?pageBase=page.jsp&nextPage=76
shambhavi.

Offline shambi_me

• Blessings 0
  • fall colors
    • Sai Baba
Om Sri Sai Ram.

"ALLAH MALIK HAI!"

Sai Baba blended his unique personality of Hindu and Mohammedan characteristics, and had followers of both faiths. He never forbade any Muslim from eating meat, and sometimes ordered Brahmin priests to give up vegetarianism and eat food against their wish. On a rare occasion, he himself would cook meat dishes and distribute the food to those gathered.

Although his eyes were always intense and lustrous, his nature was cordial. His personal habits were austere, but his ashram compound was always informal and lively. His personality was sweet-tempered and tolerant, although at times he was jalali, or fiery, and would become enraged at someone's failures.

An aspect of Sai Baba's jalali side was portrayed by a pet he had – a tiger. For some years the tiger lived with Sai Baba at Shirdi and would accompany him on his walks. The tiger was his pet, as an ordinary man's would be a dog or cat. When the tiger died it was buried by Sai in its own tomb.

WHEN PEOPLE CAME for Sai Baba's darshan, it was quite common for him to demand that they empty their purse or pockets of their money and give it to him as dakshina – a monetary gift to the Master. But if anyone approached him with material desires, Sai would say, "Allah malik hai!" – meaning in this instance, "God is the Giver!" Sai Baba kept a pile of small stones near his own large stone seat, and he would pick up a stone and throw it at whoever came for his darshan. Although miracles happened to many people, those who were hit by the stones did receive his blessing and became Sai's real devotees.

In 1886, Sai Baba suffered from a severe asthma attack and told his disciple Malsapati, "Protect my body for three days. If I return it will be all right... . If my body does not return to life, bury it and plant two flags over the grave." Sai then closed his eyes and entered a state of samadhi, appearing to be dead. His breathing and pulse stopped completely and his body remained lifeless for three days and nights. Some of the Master's devotees were grief-stricken, believing their Master had died. They wanted to perform the last rites, but the faithful disciple Malsapati prevented them by cradling Sai Baba's body in his lap. Exactly as Sai had foretold, after seventy-two hours his eyes slowly reopened as he reentered his body, but he did not speak of the work he had done while in that state, or why he entered this samadhi.
VENKUSHA & KABIR

A close disciple who was always seated in Sai Baba's court was named Barra Baba, which means "Big Baba." He was a huge, fat man. Sai Baba would give Barra 100 rupees per day for his food and the man would eat and eat, dining for several hours. Sai Baba would eat only the breads and raw onion that he had begged for, while Barra Baba would eat plateful after plateful of the finest food available.

Why was Sai Baba so particular that this disciple be given a huge sum of money for an enormous amount of food while he himself lived on what he begged? This giant fat man was a storehouse for the sanskaras of all those who had handed over their money to Sai Baba during darshan, and the sanskaras of those people were completely wiped out when Barra Baba, at his death, attained mukti – liberation.

Once a known thief was caught by the police with a bag full of jewels. The thief told the police that he had gotten the gems from Sai Baba. An inspector came to Shirdi to investigate the matter and interrogated the fakir at length. The policeman filled out his report as he questioned the Master:

"What is your name?" he inquired.

"They call me Sai Baba."

"What was your father's name?"

"Also Sai Baba."

"What was your Guru's name?"

"Venkusha!"

"What is your creed or religion?"

"Kabir!"

"What is your caste?"

"Parvardigar!"

"How old are you?"

"Hundreds of thousands of years."

"Will you swear in court that what you are saying is the truth?"

"I am the Truth."

"Do you know the accused?"

"Yes, I know him ... I know everyone."

"The accused says he is your devotee and has stayed with you. Is that so?"

"Yes, all are with me ... All are mine."

"Did you give the accused some jewels as alleged by him?"
BOTH HINDU & MUHAMMADAN

"Yes, I gave them to him. Who gives what and to whom?"

"If you gave the accused the jewels, how did you get them?"

"Everything is mine! Everything has been given to me."

The policeman was overwhelmed. Subsequently, the thief was cleared of the charges and the case was dropped.

SAI BABA would keep a dhuni (fire) burning in the Mother of Mercy mosque each night. He would also keep a small oil lamp burning in the mosque and would obtain oil by begging from different shopkeepers in Shirdi. On one particular day, however, not one shopkeeper would give him kerosene. Sai returned to the mosque and, filling the lamp with water, lit it! The lamp thus burned without fuel, and when early the next morning the villagers came to know of this "miracle," their faith in him was kindled and Sai became the true center of attention in Shirdi.

A Perfect Master sees all who are closely connected with him. One day in 1910, Sai Baba was sitting near the dhuni when suddenly, instead of putting wood on the fire, the Master pushed his arm into the flames. A devotee rushed toward him and pulled his arm out, but it was seriously burned. When asked why he had done this, Sai explained, "One of my followers is a potter not far from here. His wife was just then working at the kiln with her daughter on her lap. Hearing her husband call her, she got up and the child accidentally slipped into the furnace. At that moment, I thrust my arm into this fire. I do not mind these burns; the child was saved. Had I not done this the little girl would have died."

After several years in Shirdi, Sai Baba had a temple built near the mosque in memory of his Guru, Gopal Rao. By erecting this new temple in honor of a Hindu saint next to the old Islamic mosque, it could be construed that it was a part of Sai Baba's spiritual work to unite the Hindus and the Muslims spiritually. In fact, Sai Baba used to refer to his mosque, the Mother of Mercy, as a "Brahmin mosque."

Sometimes in the mosque Sai Baba would have the Koran read to him by his Mohammedan followers, and sometimes in the Gopal Rao temple he would have the arti and puja performed, and have the Gita and Ramayana read by his Hindu followers.
Sai was an unusual Perfect Master, for he was a unique blend of
 FIRST WORLD WAR

Hindu and Mohammedan spiritual characteristics and his work with both religions signified that there is no real difference between the two, for the One worshiped is the same.

No one can determine whether Sai Baba was born a Hindu or a Muslim, but it is certain that his spiritual upbringing was directly connected to both, because he had both Hindu and Muslim Masters. Sai was unique: he dressed like a Muslim, but bore the caste marks on his forehead of a Hindu. He would celebrate the holy days and festivals of both religions with equal fervor. He quoted the Koran to the delight of the Muslims, but was equally well versed in the Hindu Vedas or Shastras.

To someone like Sai Baba, his own human identity and religious differences were nothing into nothing. When someone once asked him where he was born, he replied, "I have no residence."

Over the years thousands flocked to Sai Baba – many with material gain on their minds. The Master once remarked about those who sought his blessing: "It is I who seek them out and bring them to me; they do not come by their own volition. Even though some may be hundreds of miles away, I draw them to me like sparrows with strings tied to their feet."

He would often repeat to his devotees: "I give you what you want so that you will begin to want what I want to give you. My Master told me to give bounteously to all who beseech me, but none of you beseech me with wisdom... .

"My treasury is open. But none of you bring a cart to haul away the real treasure. Dig deep and take what is rightfully yours, but none of you want to take the trouble.

"I tell you, all who come to me, this opportunity will not return! I am the One, I am God!"

SAI BABA controlled World War I. When the Master would come from the mosque to the temple of Gopal Rao, his arti would be sung between these two buildings. At that time, when he was walking between the mosque and temple, a strange light would be seen on his face. It was also noticed that he would make strange signs in the air with his fingers. This behavior continued daily for four years, from the start of World War I to its conclusion.

During the war years, Sai Baba would often say: "I am formless and I am everywhere. I am not this body you call Sai.

continued....
shambhavi.

Offline shambi_me

• Blessings 0
  • fall colors
    • Sai Baba
Om Sri Sai Ram.

"PARVARDIGAR!"

"I am the Supreme Soul – the entire creation. I am everything and I am in everyone.

"I am in saints, criminals, animals, and everything else ... Nothing happens without my wish.

"My light is of God; my religion is Kabiri – Perfect Mastery – and my wealth lies in the blessings I alone can give."

ONE DAY while the world war was raging on, Sai Baba was returning from the lendi procession when amidst sweet music his eyes fell upon a particular young man as they had never fallen on anyone else.

"Parvardigar!" This single word, with the force of oceanic sound, he uttered as the young man fell at the old fakir's feet. Who was Sai Baba addressing? The eyes that transfixed Sai Baba's belonged to that young dazed Zoroastrian who had been kissed by Hazrat Babajan, enthroned by Narayan Maharaj and garlanded by Tajuddin Baba.

The eyes of the young man and the eyes of the old fakir steadily gazed at each other, and the great word again came out of the old fakir's mouth, "Parvardigar!"

Then, for the third time, the holy word sounded from the depths of the Master's Godhood as he proclaimed "Parvardigar!" and in his heart he bowed his head before the young man.

The crowd of devotees was astonished to witness this extraordinarily significant event. Deep is its meaning, though it took place on a dusty dirt road in a poor, remote village of Maharashtra, India, in December 1915. As the crowd surrounded Sai Baba, the young man was pushed aside. Sai Baba returned to his seat while the man picked himself up and continued wandering along the road.

Our Age sang out to the world, but no one heard: "Don't you recognize who it is that Sai cried out to? You too will proclaim him! You too will bow to him! He is the Ancient One!"

AS THE WAR was ending, on September 28th, 1918, Sai Baba, then eighty, was stricken with fever which lasted for two days. Afterward the old fakir began fasting, well aware of his impending death.

Sai Baba had an old brick which he had used as his pillow for years. One day the boy who cleaned the mosque dropped the brick and it broke in two. When Sai entered the mosque,
"AH, DEVA!" – "OH, GOD!"

upon seeing the broken brick he exclaimed, "It is not the brick but my fate that has been broken. The brick was my lifelong companion and assisted me in my work. It was as dear to me as my life. Now that it is broken, the earthen pot of my life will also soon break."

After seventeen days with no food, Sai Baba collapsed at 2:30 in the morning and cried, "Ah, Deva!" – "Oh, God!" His head leaned on the shoulder of a close disciple and he breathed his last. It was October 15th, 1918, on the Hindu holy day of Dassera in honor of Lord Ram killing Ravana.

Even in the end there was a bitter dispute between his different devotees; the Hindus wanted his body to be cremated, while the Muslims wanted it to be buried. After three days of heated argument, the body was buried in a temple that Sai himself had recently instructed to be erected for Lord Krishna. As the body of Sai Baba was lowered into the grave, seated vertically, it looked as fresh as when it was alive. The poor fakir's body had contained the Uncontainable God!

Sai Baba once said, "I shall be active and vigorous even from my tomb. Even after my mahasamadhi (dropping of the human form), I shall be with you the moment you think of me."  Sai Baba's words proved true, since his shrine at Shirdi has become the most popular place of pilgrimage of any contemporary spiritual Master in India thus far during the twentieth century.
O Nameless One! O you who are called Sai!
How can we repay you for what you have done for us?
You brought Formless God into form and gave him power!

UPASNI MAHARAJ, KING OF THE YOGIS

Only Sai Baba knew who he really was:
"There was no one else like him.
His value only God knew.
His merit was such that
if the whole world was put on one side
and he on the other, he would be greater!"

link::http://www.lordmeher.org/index.jsp?pageBase=page.jsp&nextPage=84
shambhavi.

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
    • Sai Baba
OM SRI SAI RAM

Shambhavi ji, Sai Ram!

Excellent work. Thanks for sharing this here.

Baba! Please continue to shower these drizzles of sweet honey on us.

Baba bless U dear
Baba be with us all

Jai Sai Ram
OM SAI NAMO NAMAHA SRI SAI NAMO NAMAHA
JAI JAI SAI NAMO NAMAHA SADGURU SAI NAMO NAMAHA

kavita

Offline shambi_me

• Blessings 0
  • fall colors
    • Sai Baba
Om Sri Sai Ram.
dear kavithaji...
thank you so much for coming back so soon, we missed you a lot...my eyes are full with tears as i type in these words...Baba bless you and your family always.

shambhavi.
shambhavi.

Offline Anupam

• Blessings 18
Very nice nice stories about Baba's young life. Thak you Shambi ji. However, there is another story about Baba, Swami Samarth and Akkalkot Swami Gajanan Maharaj being the shishyas of the Legendary Mahaavtar Babaji

Offline tanu_12

• Blessings 19
  • "I AM HERE IN YOUR HEART"
Jai Jai Sai Nath
Man Ke Gehre Andhiyare Me "Sai" Naam Diye Jaisa

Give Light, and the darkness will disappear of itself...

Facebook Comments