Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Service with a religious bent  (Read 1960 times)

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
Service with a religious bent
« on: November 21, 2005, 06:44:46 AM »
  • Publish
  • The Temple of Shirdi Sai Baba in Gummidipoondi, near Chennai, built by Ezhumalai Swami, is a holy landmark where service to humanity is the goal.

Thursday is a very busy day for Ezhumalai Swami and his family. Getting a full meal ready for 400 persons, mostly children, is no ordinary job. "Till recently we were cooking the food ourselves. Of late however, as the crowd seems to be increasing I employ a person to cook lunch on Thursdays and all of us assist. I pay him Rs. 300 for it ... " Feeding so many people week after week, especially when one does not have enough resources to fall back on sounds incredible. "Most of the weeks I would begin the job with hardly any money. But once the time nears somehow I overcome the crunch. Not a Thursday passes without the temple feeding the needy in the area, irrespective of caste or creed. There are times when the rice merchant is kind enough to give me a whole bag for which I pay only later ... " Earlier this retired State Government employee would visit both Shirdi and Puttaparthi often. "But once it struck me that it would be even more useful if I spend that money also in annadhanam, I stopped visiting the places. After all, God is everywhere," he philosophises. Ezhumalai Swami doesn't come across as a highly educated person. But his clarity of vision and profundity of thought are striking.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2004/09/03/stories/2004090302550600.htm

Sai baba let your holy lotus feet be our sole refuge.OMSAIRAM

dipika duggal
    साईं बाबा अपने पवित्र चरणकमल ही हमारी एकमात्र शरण रहने दो.ॐ साईं राम

Dipika Duggal

Facebook Comments