Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: 13  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
« on: March 03, 2010, 04:15:09 AM »
  • Publish
  • According to famous Sakhi (Evidence) or story of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, when he was an accountant at a town of Sultanpur Lodhi, he was distributing grocery to people and when he gave groceries to the 13th person he stopped there because in Gurmukhi and Hindi the word 13 is called Terah, which means yours. And Guru Nanak kept on saying, "Yours, yours, yours..." remembering God. People reported to the emperor that Guru Nanak was giving out free food to the people. When treasures were checked, there was more money than before.

The word "Waheguru" appears only 13 times in Guru Granth Sahib, the Sikh holy scriptures and the eternal Guru.

The Vaisakhi which commemorates the creation of "Khalsa" or pure Sikh was celebrated on April 13 for many years.

Ik Onkar also looks like 13.

Bow to NanakSai!

Sai baba let your holy lotus feet be our sole refuge.OMSAIRAM
    साईं बाबा अपने पवित्र चरणकमल ही हमारी एकमात्र शरण रहने दो.ॐ साईं राम

Dipika Duggal

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    Re: 13
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 04:16:06 AM »
  • Publish
  •  Lucky 13
    In Sikhism, the number 13 is considered a special number since 13 is tera in Punjabi, which also means "yours" (as in, "I am yours, O Lord"). The legend goes that when Guru Nanak Dev was taking stock of items as part of his employment with a village merchant, he counted from 1 to 13 (in Punjabi) as one does normally; and thereafter he would just repeat "tera", since all items were God's creation. The merchant confronted Guru Nanak about this, but found everything to be in order after the inventory was checked. April 13 also usually turns out to be Vaisakhi every year, which is the Sikh New Year and the major Sikh Holiday.

Ik Onkar also looks like 13.

Bow to NanakSai!

Sai baba let your holy lotus feet be our sole refuge.OMSAIRAM
    साईं बाबा अपने पवित्र चरणकमल ही हमारी एकमात्र शरण रहने दो.ॐ साईं राम

Dipika Duggal

Offline shanu jain

• Blessings 1
    Re: 13
    « Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »
  • Publish
  • om sai ram dipika ji.......

its realy amazing..... ki hum indians 13 ko value karte hain jaisa apne btaya.......... par foreign me esp. china me 13 ko unlucky mante hain........ kuch countries me to 13 no. ko erase kiya hua hai.. aisa kyun pata nhi........... may babaji bles all.........

jai sai ram.......

Facebook Comments