Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Let's forgive and forget and spread happiness everywhere...  (Read 4140 times)

Offline SS91

• Members
  • Blessings 37
  • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
    • Sai Baba
Re: Let's forgive and forget and spread happiness everywhere...
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 12:07:29 PM »
  • Publish
  • The Difference Between Forgive and Forget

There is a difference between Forgiving and Forgetting; the confusion comes when trying to amalgamate the two as one action. Many people try to do this and wonder why one or the other still remains. Yet with forgiveness in the first instance comes the ability to forget and the realization that one is dependant on the other, that said can only be done in a certain order.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 12:08:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • Forgiving is an act of the will. When one deliberately decides to replace anger and malice toward a person who has hurt them with real love, that is forgiveness. This act of the will is done through the spirit and can be accomplished only if it is really wanted. It is often easier, however, to hold on to the hurt rather than release it. We often think that by dwelling on the hurt we are hurting the one who hurt us. This is not true. We are only hurting ourselves and ultimately giving power to the one who hurt us. Forgiveness is to replace the hurt with love, for if the hurt is not replaced with love it will be replaced with another emotion, like anger, malice or indifference, which will not be real forgiveness. Replace the bad feeling with love? Impossible you say? Well yes it may be impossible on our own power, but through the help of others and mostly God, I believe it to be very possible.

Forgetting is wiping something from our memory. Only time and sometimes not even that is capable of performing this physical act. Forgetting is different from forgiveness for it is a physical thing whereas forgiveness is as said before spiritual.

Can you do one without the other, or must we beat ourselves up when we continually remember the hurt or act that caused the hurt? The thing to remember here is that everyone is capable of forgiving albeit it difficult at times, but although debatable, I believe it to be all but impossible to deliberately erase one's own memory.

A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 12:10:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • by Julie Reynolds

I would say that forgiveness is paramount in the Christian life. Weather you are forgiving yourself, or forgiving someone else for hurting you. Without forgiveness a person would live a life of guilt, anger, resentment, and confusion. Having that to live with every day would not be spiritually, physically, or emotionally healthy. I know from experience what a relief it is to forgive someone, or yourself for something that happened. God is in the business of forgiveness, and he forgives us everytime we ask. I also know what a relief it is to have God forgive you for daily sins, because, believe it or not, we all sin, and sometimes we sin daily. Forgiveness is a cleansing of the heart, that leaves only good behind it. So no matter how hard it is to forgive someone, and even if you have to ask God to help you do it, always strive to forgive yourself and others, as God has forgiven you.

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 12:12:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • by EMoore

Forgive and forget does not mean you must forget, sometimes this is impossible. Remembering however should not bring back anything but forgiveness and a prayer for the one who wronged you. The hurt will linger and instead of denying this, offer it toward a healing for the that caused you discomfort.

Each time something associated with the time or place of the hurt is out in the forefront of your mind, the hurt will resurface. Maybe it will diminish with time and will no longer be painful, but still, each remembrance will bring a new opportunity to help those who lost control of their emotions and harmed you.

Forgive means to stop being angry over past offenses. This anger if not controlled can make you physically ill. You must find ways of getting rid of these hard feelings. Let's be truthful, maybe it is not exactly the way you thought and you are keeping yourself away from forgiving the other person. To forgive is to pardon the offense done to you. It is saying, I refuse to torture myself in this way. It may mean you will have to confront the person and say it out loud. I forgive you, please accept it.

Encarta defines forgive in three ways: Stop being angry, excuse someone for a mistake, excuse someone for a wrong doing. The second definition is to pardon somebody and the third is cancel an obligation. A store owner, as an example, might cancel an obligations such as a debt. The Old English Word forgiefan means to abstain from giving.

We sure have changed that definition around, haven't we? Well, forgiveness may be possible and is something necessary to our good health, forgetting is sometimes nigh impossible. Lets see what word's neighborly Thesaurus has to say about other words we can substitute. Did I say forgetting is hard to do? Not when you are seventy-five years old. As soon as I typed that, I forget it was the Thesaurus I meant to consult and not the dictionary. Oh well, what does it mean to forget. Not that I seem to need it, mine seems built in.

Forget means to fail to remember something, leave something behind, neglect somebody or something, to fail to give attention to someone who needs it, stop worrying about somebody or something.
    Well whatever, we cannot go through life taking offense over every little slight. Most people don't mean to offend us, they simply don't know how to please us

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 07:26:31 PM »
  • Publish
  • “You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let God do the rest.”

ALLAH MALIK!

Sai baba let your holy lotus feet be our sole refuge.OMSAIRAM
    साईं बाबा अपने पवित्र चरणकमल ही हमारी एकमात्र शरण रहने दो.ॐ साईं राम

Dipika Duggal

Offline manwa

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 06:04:14 AM »
  • Publish
  •  
    do good", if opportunity arises, to the very evil doer..........It helps you in forgiving and forgetting..

SAIRAM....

Facebook Comments