Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Shri Sai Satcharita, Dienstag, 3. Januar 2006  (Read 2233 times)

Offline Astrid

• Blessings 0
    • Sai Baba
Shri Sai Satcharita, Dienstag, 3. Januar 2006
« on: January 03, 2006, 05:57:12 AM »
  • Publish
  • Kapitel XXIV
    Fortsetzung

Sudamas Geschichte
    Als das soeben Erwähnte erzählt wurde, erinnerte sich Hemadpant an eine ähnliche Geschichte von Sudama, die dasselbe Prinzip veranschaulicht, und deshalb wird sie hier wiedergegeben.
    Krishna und sein älterer Bruder Balarama lebten mit einem anderen Schüler namens Sudama zusammen im Ashram ihres Gurus Sandipani. Einmal wurden Krishna und Balarama in den Wald geschickt, um Brennholz zu holen. Die Frau von Sandipani schickte Sudama zum selben Zweck in den Wald und gab ihm für alle drei einige geröstete Kichererbsen mit. Als Krishna Sudama im Wald traf, sagte er zu ihm: "Dada, ich möchte Wasser, ich bin durstig." Sudama entgegenete: "Wasser sollte nicht auf leeren Magen getrunken werden. Es ist besser, ein wenig zu ruhen." Er sagte nicht, dass er geröstete Kichererbsen bei sich habe und Krishna davon nehmen solle.
    Krishna war müde, legte sich auf Sudamas Schoß zur Ruhe und fing an zu schnarchen. Als Sudama das bemerkte, nahm er die Körner heraus und begann zu essen. Plötzlich fragte Krishna ihn: "Dada, was isst du da? Woher kommt das Geräusch?" Sudama erwiderte: "Was soll es denn zu essen geben? Ich friere vor Kälte und meine Zähne klappern. Ich kann nicht einmal aus dem Vishnu-sahasra-naman deutlich rezitieren." Als der allwissende Krishna das hörte, sagte er: "Ich hatte gerade einen Traum, in dem ich einen Mann sah, der aß, was anderen gehörte, und als er darüber befragt wurde, erwiderte: 'Welchen Staub sollte ich schon essen?' und damit meinte, dass er nichts zu essen habe. Der andere Mann sagte: 'So sei es.' Dada, dies ist nur ein Traum. Ich weiß, dass du nichts ohne mich essen würdest. Unter dem Einfluss des Traumes fragte ich dich, was du da isst." Hätte Sudama nur ein wenig über den allwissenden Krishna und seine lilas gewusst, hätte er sich nicht so verhalten. Deshalb musste er für das, was er tat, leiden. Obwohl er ein Kamerad von Krishna war, musste er sein späteres Leben in äußerster Armut verbringen. Doch als er Krishna später eine Handvoll gedörrten Reis darbrachte, den seine Frau durch ihre Arbeit verdient hatte, war Krishna froh und gab ihm eine goldene Stadt, an der er sich erfreuen konnte.
    An diese Geschichte sollten sich all jene erinnern, die die Gewohnheit haben, alleine zu essen und nicht mit anderen zu teilen. Die heiligen Schriften heben diese Lektion hervor und und raten uns, die Dinge erst Gott zu opfern und sie dann zu genießen, nachdem er darauf verzichtet hat. Baba hat uns auf seine unnachahmliche und humorvolle Weise dieselbe Lektion erteilt.

Verneige dich vor Shri Sai - Friede sei mit allen

aus: Shri Sai Satcharita, aus dem Englischen von Irmgard Streich-Buda, Sathya Sai Vereinigung e.V. 2002
    zu beziehen über www.sathyasai-buchzentrum.de
    Restless was my heart till it found rest in THEE

Offline SS91

• Members
    • Blessings 37
    • OM SHRI SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA
      • Sai Baba
    Re: Shri Sai Satcharita, Dienstag, 3. Januar 2006
    « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 07:18:32 AM »
  • Publish
  • Chapter 24

Sudama's Story

When the above story was being narrated, Hemadpant was reminded of similar story of Sudama, which illustrates the same priciple and, therefore, it is given here.

Shri Krishna and His elder brother, Balarama, were living with a co-student, named Sudama, in the ashram of their Guru, Sandipani. Once Krishna and Balarama were sent to the forest for bringing fuel. Then the wife of Sandipani sent also Sudama for the same purpose with some quantity of grams for the three. When Krishna met Sudama in the forest, he said to him - "Dada, I want water as I am thirsty". Sudama replied - "No water should be drunk on an empty stomach, so it is better to rest a while". He did not say that he had got grams with him and that He should take some. As Krishna was tired, He lay down for rest on the lap of Sudama and was snoring. Seeing this, Sudama took out the grams and began to eat. Then Krishna suddenly asked him - "Dada, what are you eating, whence is the sound?". He replied - "What is there to eat? I am shivering with cold and my teeth are chattering. I can't even repeat distinctly Vishnu-Sahastra-Nama". Hearing this, the Omniscient Krishna said - "I just dreamt a dream, in which I saw a man, eating things of another, and when asked about this, he said - "What earth (dust) should he eat?", meaning thereby that he had nothing to eat? The other man said - "Let it be so". Dada, this is only a dream. I know that you won't eat anything without Me; under the influence of the dream I asked you what you were eating?" If Sudama had known a bit of the Omniscient, Shri Krishna and His Leelas, he would not have acted, as he did. Therefore, he had to suffer for what he did. Though he was a chum of Shri Krishna he had to pass his later life in utter poverty. But when he later offered Krishna a handful of parched rice, earned by his wife with her own labour, Krishna was pleased and gave him a golden city to enjoy. This story should be remembered by those who have the habit of eating things alone without partaking them with others.

The Shruti also emphasizes this lesson, and asks us to offer things first to God and then enjoy them after they are renounced by Him. Baba also has taught us the same lesson in His inimitable and humorous way.

BOW TO SHRI SAI-PEACE BE TO ALL.

subhasrini
    OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI!!!
    Let us pray at the feet of Sai Baba who is the incarnation of all gods and protector of all, to show mercy on us, and increase our devotion towards him.
    A Person, who has controlled his mind, can achieve any success in his life. How far you are trying to control your mind?
    The mind that judges not others ever remains tension-free.
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lOgd1uS-wX0/TCOlFNMxIBI/AAAAAAAAE88/GpxUgxnwioE/why_fear_when_i_am_here.jpg

Facebook Comments