Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Monday 11th July 2011 - Ashada Ekadasi  (Read 5925 times)

Offline ShAivI

• Members
  • Blessings 56
  • बाबा मुझे अपने ह्र्दय से लगा लो, अपने पास बुला लो।
Monday 11th July 2011 - Ashada Ekadasi
« on: July 11, 2011, 02:48:13 AM »
  • Publish

• Monday 11th July 2011 -  Ashada Ekadasi

This is considered to be special for Vittal (Vithoba and Rukmini) of Pandharpur.

Lines from a Marathi Abhang: AshADa kArthika yAthrA barati vittalahA saradhAra
    Meaning: People undertake Pandharpur Yatra during the holy months of Ashada and Karthika to
    see the countenance of the Emperor Vittala!

Saint Sakhubai was very devoted to Vittal. She always used to chant the Lord's name and
    was always engrossed in His thoughts to the extent that her husband and family and people
    considered her to be mad and even made her to undergo many treatments. Her in-laws and her
    husband ill-treated her even though she used to do all the chores of the family.Nothing bother
    her as her mind was always engaged in the Lord's name.

Once she heard bhajans being sung and when she came to the street, she saw Kabirdas,Ramdas,
    Namadev singing bhajans. She enquired them to where they were going and when they said they
    were going Pandarpur for Ashada Ekadasi, she told that she also wanted to join them and have the
    vision of the Lord.But Kabirdas told her to get permission from her husband and that she has to come
    only with her husband.

Sakhubai also went inside her house and asked her husband to take her to Pandarpur and that
     people are going by yatra for Ashada Ekadesi. Her husband told her that it wasnt possible for him
    to take and also, he ill-treated her, tied to a pillar and locked her inside a room. Sakhubai cried to
    the Lord and was chanting Vittal's name. God,pleased by her devotion and love for Him, disguised
    himself as a lady, gave vision to Sakhubai and told her that, HE will substitute her and that she can
    join the troop and go to Pandarpur.

So, Sakhubai joined the troop and went to Pandharpur and had darshan of Lord Vittal and she was
    fully engrossed in the Lord that she even forgot that she had a family. After somedays, Lord himself
    made her realise that she has to go back to home and she has to relieve her substitute. After she
    reached her home, Lord, who was disguised as lady, showed His true form and blessed her.

Om Namo Bhagawate Vasudevaya Namaha!

Govindam Gokula-nandam, Gopalam Gopi-ballavam,
    Govardhano-udharam Dheeram, Tham vande Gomathi priyam.
    [Who gives pleasure to herd of cows, brings joy to those in Gokula, Who takes care of the cows, Lord of all gopis,
    Who is the hero who lifted the Govardhana Mountain; I salute to the Lord, who is dear to Saraswathi]

[Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevay]
    Narayanam nirakaram, Nara veeram Narothamam,
    Narasimham, Naga-natham, Tham vande nara-kanthakam.
    [He is the Lord Narayna, Who has taken a human form, Who is a great human hero, Who is a great human being,
    Who is Lord Narasimha, And who is he lord of serpents; I salute the Lord who killed Naraka]

Peethambaram, Padmanabham, Padama-ksham, Purushothamam,
    Pavithram, Paramanandam, Tham vande Parameshwaram.
    [Who wears yellow colured silk, has a lotus flower over his belly, Who has lotus like eyes, Who is the purest among all men,
    Who is purity personified, And who is the greatest bliss; I salute that God of all gods]

Raghavam, Rama-chandram cha, Ravan-arim cha, Rama-pathim,
    Rajeeva-lochanam Ramam, Tham Vande Raghu Nandanam.
    [Who is Lord Raghava, Who is Lord Ramachandra, Who killed Ravana, Who is the Lord of Lakshmi,
    Who has lotus like eyes, And who attracts all the world; I salute that son of the clan of Raghu]

Yogeeswaram yagna-pathim, Yasodananda dayakam,
    Yamuna jala sachayam, Tham vande yadu-nayagam.
    [Who is the god of all yogis, Who is the lord of all yagnas, Who is the source of happiness to Yasoda,
    And who has the same luster as the water of Yamuna; I salute him, who is the lord of all yadavas]

Vamanam, Viswaroopam, Vasudevam, cha Vittalam,
    Visweswaram Vibhum Vyasam, Tham vande Veda Vallabham.
    [Who is Lord Vamana, Who is the form of the universe, Who is the son of Vasudeva, Who is Vittala, the deity of Pandharpur,
    Who is the Lord of all universes, Who is the expert of knowledge, And who is Veda Vyasa; I salute that Lord of all Vedas]

Dear Sai Devotees, kindly take out sometime today to read Vishnu Sahasra Namam and Sai stavana Manjari. Lets all pray to Sai to bless us with devotion like Sakhubai's, where pleasure and pains will not affect us.

Be Blessed!
    Love & Light!
    Om Sai Ram! :)

JAI SAI RAM !!!

Offline v2birit

• Blessings 29
    • जय जय रघुवीर समर्थ
      • Sai Baba Site
    Re: Monday 11th July 2011 - Ashada Ekadasi
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 10:35:38 AM »
  • Publish
  • I had a visit to Pandharpur on Ashadi Ekadashi. It is wonderful.

Om Sai Ram

Offline ShAivI

• Members
    • Blessings 56
    • बाबा मुझे अपने ह्र्दय से लगा लो, अपने पास बुला लो।
    Sunday 6th November 2011 - Prabodhini (Devothani) Ekadasi
    « Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:21:30 PM »
  • Publish

• OM SAI RAM!!!

Prabodhini (Devothani) Ekadashi 2011
    Tulsi Vivah (Kartik Ekadashi Fast Method) |
    Dev Uthani Ekadasi

The Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha, Kartik Masa is known as Devthan Ekadashi or
    Dev Uthani Ekadashi. At some places it is also called Prabodhini Ekadashi. There is
    a popular belief about Devthan Ekadashi. Lord Vishnu concluded his rest of four
    months on the Ekadasi of Bhadrapada. Auspicious works of marriages etc. are
    conducted after this day. In the year 2011, this Ekadasi will be on 6th November.

Prabodhini Ekadashi Fast Importance

The fruit of observing this Ekadashi is equal to the result of thousand Ashvamedha
    Yagya. Sins of past seven births are removed on observing this fast. It is said,
    the thing which is difficult to be obtained, can be achieved easily by observing
    this fast.

A person who systematically observe the fast of Prabodhini Ekadasi, get the
    auspicious fruits of this Vrat. A person should perform Jagran, in the night of
    Ekadashi. This way, his next ten generations receive Vishnu Lok after death.
    Also, his ancestors suffering problems in hell, reach to the heaven, through this
    fast.

The benefits of performing Jagran in the night of this Ekadashi is equal to the
    fruits of visiting all pilgrims, or donating cow, gold, land etc. Only the person who
    observe the fast of Prabodhini Ekadashi is successful in this world. By observing
    this fast, a person becomes rich, a great devotee, Yogi etc. He becomes very dear
    to Lord Vishnu, by keeping this fast.

Prabodhini Ekadashi Fast Method

Person observing this fast should not eat meat, onion, Masoor dal etc. on Dashmi
    (a day before Ekadashi). He should follow Brahmacharya on the night of Dashmi.
    Datun, made of twigs should not be used in the morning. Leaves of lemon, mango
    or berries can be chewed and throat can be cleaned using finger. Plucking of leaves
    from a tree is also considered inauspicious. For chewing, leaves which are already
    broken must be used. Then, the person should take bath and go to the temple.
    Geeta Path should be read or heard. The resolution is taken, of observing fast
    with full devotion and faith, infront of Lord. On the day of fast, the mantra
    "ऊँ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय" should be chanted.

On the day of Ekadasi, a person should not use broom, as small organisms are killed
    by it. Also, one should not cut hairs or say any lie. He should not borrow food or take
    any donations of cereals. He should speak less. Sweet, mango, grapes, banana and
    almonds are used as offerings, on this day. On the day of Dvadashi (a day after
    Ekadashi), Brahmans are gifted sweets and donations.

OM SAI RAM, SRI SAI RAM, JAI JAI SAI RAM !!!

found on the net ............sharing .........  :D
    « Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:51:43 PM by ShAivI »

JAI SAI RAM !!!

Offline v2birit

• Blessings 29
    • जय जय रघुवीर समर्थ
      • Sai Baba Site
    Re: Monday 11th July 2011 - Ashada Ekadasi
    « Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 03:44:45 AM »
  • Publish
  •     It is a great day. The Vaishnavas follow all Ekadashi days as per customs. They do not eat foodgrains & pulses on this day. If you go to any village in maharashtra, they foloow this customs. These customs have been inherited for generations.
        I also follow Ekadashi, which comes once every 14 days. Initially i had tried to fast throughout the day (24 hours), but at the end, it becomes very unbearable. So I follow a partial fast, eating Sabudana Khichdi & Vari rice. I believe Lord is Ok with this, since he knows in this Kali Yuga, no body will be able to observe a total fast as prescribed in the Puranas.
       I had a visit to Pandharpur last Ashadi Ekadashi. Things were testing, but after taking a Mukh darshan of Vitthal & Rukmini, (out of the corner of the eye, for a fraction of a second), I got good news, & things suddenly changed. This is the greatness of the darshan. This also explains why people walk on foot  for so many days for having the holy darshan of Vithoba.

Om Sai Ram

Facebook Comments