Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Pls answer this question if you know................  (Read 5402 times)

Offline Vijayalakshmi KR

• Blessings 0
Dear Sai devotees,

Pls make me understand in this concept...

Wt baba says in eating non vegetairan foods..??

Some one says that eating non vegetarian is not good & not liked by god as God is staying in all human beings...
Some one says that eating non vegetarain is not bad No,because "jeevah jeevah khadati" - one creature feeds on another creature.

Pls tell me wt actually baba says......

Offline Ashok

• Blessings 1
Re: Pls answer this question if you know................
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 06:36:34 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hi dear,

Your dilemma is shared by many people. I will answer this post with whatever i can share in writing.

The first and foremost thing is that non-veg food is strictly forbidden for anyone who wants to grow spiritually. Growing spiritually is like expanding one's consciousness, it is like being more kind, more compassionate; it also means one follows more non-violence, lives with bare minimum injury to the world around.

Diet is an important part of practicing ahimsa and growing spiritually. Even after changing your diet, there is lot to be done. Various statements which occur in documented scriptures can be highly confusing unless understood in context.

Being non-violent has several aspects to it: man, vachan and kaya. More one practices ahimsa, sharper the intellect one would have, there would be lesser obstacles in perceiving reality, one would be able to uncover several layers of meanings out of scriptures.

One who is identified with body, one who thinks about oneself only as a body would justify eating non-veg by any length. But saints and seers, all who progressed spiritually could see that eating flesh and egg result in so much of negative karma accumulation.

Healthy body is outcome of healthy and wholesome mind, a mind which is living aware-full existence can easily identify resources from vegetarian kingdom which can help him sustain.

Being vegetarian is the first step; as one progress spiritually, one would realise what to take and what not to take even among vegetarian items. The right ways and means to procure vegetarian food follow naturally after such a realisation. But this is little more advanced topic.

Peace and Love to you All.

Offline Vijayalakshmi KR

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:37:01 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi Sai Devotee,

Thanks for your reply.. I understand that eating vegetarian is good for health & mind.  Whatever we do should not hurt or harm others... so taking in this concept, i vote for eating vegetarain food.

Baba bless all with richest happiness througout our life.

Omsairam

Offline sairamanananda

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 12:28:28 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hiii

You may feel strange about my opinion regarding eating non vegetarian, But i will say that you can happily eat non vegetarian.

We all are baba's children. So what all things baba made his devootees do when he is alive, all those are for us to follow now.

Baba used to cook chicken biryani himself and used to serve his devotees. He never ordered anybody to not to eat non vegetarian.

* Also there is a phrase in sacharitra that "Those people who are vegetarians, baba never used to make t to them eat non vegetarian nor allow them even to smell the dish". so from this, we will know that those who are vegetarians, only those people shouldn't eat non vegetarian and all others can happily eat.

** There will be a lot of things in our shastras and puranas, but we cannot follow all those in our real life, that too in this kalyug. What we really have to follow is our guru's words. As our paramaguru is saibaba..we should follow whatever he says without any thought.

Hope this will help you clear your doubt.

Regards,
    Sairamanananda.

Offline Ashok

• Blessings 1
    « Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 01:02:45 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hi dear,

Your view point is different, i have more things to add.

- If one cannot follow basic tenets outlined in scriptures, how does one claim to follow Shirdi Sai Baba?
    - Sai Baba though lived among us physically; he lived at a different mental plane. So mere copying his actions would be detrimental for anyone.
    - Efforts have to be made; without discipline, without dedication, right faith and right conduct; people always go astray and fall away from spiritual paths like weakened trees during a thunder storm. Results are secondary, most important things is action.

Actions have to be performed, immaterial of which age you live in. There would be further degradation of time and conditions would be even more difficult, this relativity would always persist; you cannot take time as an excuse to not follow what is right. You and I will live countless lives till we achieve needed perspectives, all knowledge, perfection etc. So we will experience all kinds of times, good and bad. Time should not be excuse for not putting effort.

A student who wants to excel in academics, will study no matter what goes around him; will make use of every possible time. Those who do not want to, out of their mental and physical lethargy will come up with several excuses.

The only place where you are free to do your karmas is this earth, in human form. When you are in hell or heaven, you simply undergo good and bad experiences and enjoy/suffer the consequences of your acts. You have absolutely no freedom to do any austerity, practice what is right, you have no freedom to generate new karmas, create events helpful for your further progress over there. You are bound in both places.

In human life, though apparently your past baggage drags you, you have unique opportunity to do whatever you like. You can do right, you can do wrong. You can attain sublime intelligence or you can adopt dogmas. You can continue to negotiate your way through labyrinths of the world and find out real truths about everything; or you can hold onto your perception with so much of attachment and miss the greatest opportunities which knocked on your door when you were alive.

Read & read more, gain knowledge, meditate, contemplate, meet people who follow high standards of discipline, austerity, practice right things and you would be automatically guided by your newly gained attitudes to perform right karmas.

Offline sairamanananda

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 02:54:23 AM »
  • Publish
  • Surely Copying saibaba's actions when he is alive is impossible for anybody. But what baba taught his devotees to do when he is alive, those actions should be followed by us (baba devotees).

sacharitra says that "Baba cooked chicken biryani and made his devotees eat the dish without any second thought".

Baba made his devotees eat non vegetarian. And as we also are baba's devotees, we can eat non vegetarian food.

**Here we are not trying to copy baba's actions, we are just following what baba ordered his devotees to do when he is alive.

** Following puranas and shastras is much much much more difficult that following baba's sayings.

Example: In our puranas it was written that a person have to lead sanyasi life for 12 years, then only that person will get ATMA SAKSHATKARA(realising who we actually are) ,  But our beloved guru, presented atma sakshatkar to his devotee tatya saheb noolkar during his first visit to shirdi itself. noolkar was a married man working as a judge in pandaripur.

Thus, baba pushed puranas aside and showered his love on his devotees.

Offline Ashok

• Blessings 1
    « Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 03:16:56 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hi dear,

Written evidences apply in context which means the time, the person, the type of person, the level of progress which a person has achieved.

If i meet a snake tomorrow who is biting every other person but cannot help it because of its very nature but is very apologetic about it, i can only ask him to hiss but not bite other person. So a teaching is based on the level of advancement of the person. A child who can be a doctor in future is not taught medicine till he finishes certain level of education. And for every level child has to make effort, he has to aspire for more knowledge, be ready and make itself perfect receiver for next level of education.

Baba did not force vegeterianism on people for whom he knew they have other lessons to learn first. Dietary restrictions have several levels too. Just being vegeterian is not enough unless accompanied by other traits. But definitely being vegeterian is the next level for all spiritual aspirants. Anyone who is on the path is certainly aware of it, realises it in time.

Offline Vijayalakshmi KR

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 06:02:11 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hi Sai Devotees,

Thanks for making me understand.  I always think that we should not hurt/harm anyone... Also i am vegetarain girl.. hope baba himself will not like when i eat non-vedge..

Yes i know that "Baba cooked chicken biryani and made his devotees eat the dish without any second thought".

that is the one making me confused.. Also we are just human beings... there are so many things beyond us, beyond our thinking...

Sometime we need to accept without asking questions.....

I accept your point "being vegeterian is the next level for all spiritual aspirants"...

I always vote for vegeterian ..... ...

Omsrisairam.

Offline Ashok

• Blessings 1
    « Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 04:26:38 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hi Dear,

You should always have spirit of enquiry, because that is how we make our faith firm. Knowledge helps to make our surrender easy.

You learnt about Sai Baba by some ways and grasped that knowledge and came into his fold. Your act of faith in Baba is driven by your awareness/knowledge about Baba. So, keep asking questions because they will help you strengthen your own faith.

Veg and non-veg is a never ending debate. When we are not sure of answer, we have to trust Baba to supply the answer; if not today, may be tomorrow or at an appropriate time. At other times, answer can be found, when we look inside; not easy way though.

Offline Vijayalakshmi KR

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 02:59:39 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hi sai devotee,

Sure... I have more faith on my father...... I know that whatever baba does will have 1000+ meaning...  I dont have knowledge to understand his actions... but i strongly believe him... As u said he will answer me at an appropriate time or it is necessary...

May baba bless all with richest happiness throughout our life.

Omsrisairam.

Offline shanu jain

• Blessings 1
    « Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 12:24:39 PM »
  • Publish
  • om sai ram vijaylakshmi ji..

m neither against u and nor with some1 else.. bt as i perceived just sharing a bit.. veg and non veg are opposite paths. what sai has done has a hidden meaning. he just wanted to show all that god is of all but not of few people so dsnt mater veg people or non veg. may b to prove that he use to cook that non veg dish. and its true mere following some1 isnt fine. granths itself says believe them if u found they are true. just check n practise urself..

1. which religion says non veg shud be practised. even kuran has nowhere writen have meat flesh on id. its a tradition folowed by blind people.
    2. if non veg eating is a healthy thing then y people argues on veg eating and non veg eating from where does the veg eaters came?
    3. if veg has no significance y media praises BIG B AND HEMA MALINI AND ABDUL KALAM for being veg inspite of al others big non veg persnlts.
    4. wat do we get out of food? either veg or non veg?
    my view: just energy to perform work. then y to kill animals in order to retrieve that. the same cud b performed by natural things only.
    5.in which puran or holy buk any saint has asked to have healthy fud in terms of non veg. earlier animals were being protected by shooters and even kings were later on not allowed to kill animals for the sake of recreation. then how it cud be possible that kiling those animal for their flesh is a nice thing.
    6. the question of food chain ends up when man has option of veg and non veg. now its he who has to decide mentaly which one to folow coz karma is his own. he could fold hands to pray or cud raise up to beat sm1. he was never left with sole non veg optn.
    7. last but not least we all (veg people or non veg ) being human knows what's true and gud for us. but in order to follow the tastes of tongue are seeking xcuses to say NON VEG IS FINE..

Offline saib

• Blessings 166
    « Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »
  • Publish
  • जय साईं राम !

अच्छा वर्णन किया है शानू ! अपना अल्प ज्ञान आपके साथ बांटना चाहूँगा , शाकाहारी या मांसाहारी , इस प्रश्न  का उतर  प्राचीन काल से मनुष्य जानने का यतन कर रहा है . यहाँ प्रश्न स्वाद या संस्कारो का नहीं है , पाप या पुण्य का है , मेरा मानना है यदि मज़बूरी मे कोई पुण्य किया जाये तो वोह पाप से बढकर नहीं है , मात्र भोजन किसी की प्रकर्ति नहीं बदल सकता , बहुत से लोग जो मांसाहारी है , मानव मात्र की सेवा मे अपना जीवन व्यतीत कर देते है, वहीँ  राजनीती मे एक से बढकर एक शाकाहारी लोग अपने स्वार्थ के लिए जनता का लहू चूसने से भी बाज नहीं आते .

बाबा चाहते तो वोह शाकाहारी और मांसाहारी - स्पष्ट कर सकते थे, पर उनके आगमन का प्रयोजन इतना संकीरण नहीं था . वोह तो हमें आडम्बरो और सिर्फ दिखावे के रीति रिवाजो से ऊपर उठाना चाहते थे . वोह इश्वर से हमें जोड़ना चाहते थे, हमारी उर्जा को उर्द्वागामी बनाकर . सत्य यही है जैसे जैसे मनुष्य परमात्मा से जुड़ता जाता है , करुणा उसके ह्रदय मे रूपांतरित होती जाती है , वह उस स्तर पर पहुँच जाता है जहाँ मनुष्य ही नहीं प्रत्येक जीव जंतु मे उसे उस मालिक के दर्शन होते है !

इश्वर मात्र भोजन के आधार पर अपनी कृपा नहीं बरसाते, उनकी कृपा तो निरंतर सभी जीवों पर सामान रूप से बरसती है , पर उस कृपा को सभी मनुष्य अपने अध्यात्मिक स्तर के अनुरूप ग्रहण करते है !

अंत मे यही कहूँगा , भोजन की अपेक्षा भजन पर ध्यान दो, भोजन अपने आप पवित्र और सात्विक होने लगेगा !   :)

ॐ श्री साईं राम !
    om sai ram!
    Anant Koti Brahmand Nayak Raja Dhi Raj Yogi Raj, Para Brahma Shri Sachidanand Satguru Sri Sai Nath Maharaj !
    Budhihin Tanu Janike, Sumiro Pavan Kumar, Bal Budhi Vidhya Dehu Mohe, Harahu Kalesa Vikar !
    ........................  बाकी सब तो सपने है, बस साईं ही तेरे अपने है, साईं ही तेरे अपने है, साईं ही तेरे अपने है !!

Offline Ashok

• Blessings 1
    « Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 12:17:06 PM »
  • Publish
  • God's grace though available for all is not received by all people in equal amount. Mark that the grace which you receive is in proportion to the efforts made by you to reach him. He reveals himself more to someone, who endeavors every moment, practices what is noble and right, makes effort to understand God's words available in scriptures, applies his mind to understand and meditate on them.

Do not make excuse from Baba's life to eat non-veg. When you practice compassion, kindness, empathy towards one and all, when you see God in everyone, when you adopt path of serving man to reach God, when you take path of non-violence and least injury to all living beings while you live on this earth; you would certainly be vegetarian and nothing else.

When Shirdi Sai Baba took rebirth as Sathya Sai Baba and so many people refused to believe in him, Baba once exasperatedly said how much more proofs he had to give to his old devotees for them to see truth. The fact is that anyone who does not put effort to understand several layers of meanings of scriptures, of Baba's sayings will just become dogmatic about everything. His spiritual progress is stunted the very same moment and he never figures it out, because of ego and closed attitude.

Baba never said that you do not have to read scriptures, he never said that you do not have to exercise your intelligence and discrimination. Unless you walk 1 step, God will not walk even an inch towards you. You need to make enormous amount of effort to earn Baba's(God's) grace.

Look Baba never endorsed eating non-veg, but people take his non preaching as his approval towards non-veg. When Shirdi Sai Baba came as Sathya Sai Baba, he clearly gave instructions on being vegeterian. Even if you do not believe Sathya Sai baba to be reincarnation of Shirdi Sai Baba, at least read Vedas and other scriptures.

But most of you would not, you would harp on the same point that you follow Shirdi Sai Baba and because he never said anything against non-veg, you can eat that.

Baba had said once that millions of people will come to him but only a handful will be delivered. Only very few will merge into Him. It is your choice if you want to get delivered or not. I wish people do not just bite onto Baba's life incidents and use it for their selfish motives.

Offline shanthakumara

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 01:30:54 PM »
  • Publish
  •  everything will b decided by guru sadguru saibaba .dnt  think anything weather veg/nonveg when ur getting hungry eat anything which is provided by my guru. as guru said provide food who comes to u with hungry either veg/non bcz baba decides all.

sai sevak
                                     om samartha sadguru sainath maharaj ...........om sai om sai om sai

Offline Ashish Saxena

• Blessings 0
    « Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 09:32:41 AM »
  • Publish
  • Dear Sai devotees,

Pls make me understand in this concept...

Wt baba says in eating non vegetairan foods..??

Some one says that eating non vegetarian is not good & not liked by god as God is staying in all human beings...
    Some one says that eating non vegetarain is not bad No,because "jeevah jeevah khadati" - one creature feeds on another creature.

Pls tell me wt actually baba says......
    sai baba humari sarkari job kab lagegi

Facebook Comments