Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Baba's leelas before 1918  (Read 18536 times)

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
Re: Baba's leelas before 1918--------An Atheist Builds Sai Mandir
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 06:56:15 AM »
  • Publish

• (Though this was published article in Shree Saileela 25 years ago now written from a different angle for the benifit of innumerable Sai devotees of the present day.Let us note the divine hand of sri Sainath).

Shri Keshav ramachandra pradhan,native of Bhivapuri road near Mumbai was a noted atheist from the begining of his life.Sai Maharaj in his own mysterious way pulled him to Shirdi and turned into a staunch theist as narrated below.He was pulled to Shirdi through his friend who was a regular visitor to shirdi.Pradhan also used to go officially to Manmad,Kopergaon for collections. Once he had agreed to accompany his friend to Shirdi on condition he should not be forced to see Baba.They rented a room.Pradhan stayed back.At 12'0 clock noon Arati bells began to ring. This sound had magnetic effect on Pradhan by dragging him towards Dwarakamai.Pradhan went into trance after stepping into the place.After Arati all left except pradhan.Baba called him near and asked for dakshina.He had an amount of rupees two thousand and five hundred rupees including money collected on behalf of his parsee employer.In that trance he gave entire amount.He was at a loss as to do what after coming to normalcy from trance ...He was short of cash for going to Bombay except a gold ring.He engaged a tonga and gave gold ring for sale.A tall suited gentleman who observed this not only paid tonga fare but also purchased ticket for bombay.(Dear Readers who could be the gentleman ?)on his return to Bhivanipuri he sent a letter to his employer stating he was unwell the employer replied that he could attend the office later as he received double the amount. This news made the'atheist'in pradhan to diappear The tiny seed of devotion sown at Shirdi has sprouted.Pradhan prayed "Oh!Baba I am a sinner.So far I remained away from you and did not acceed to the request of my friend to come to your lotus feet but you have now favoured me by your grace and I am sure all my sins must have now been wiped out." In one of pradhan's visits to Shirdi in 1916 Baba handing over a replica of himself said"Go back to Bhivapuri erect a temple and place this replica there.Start all the functions there and do not come here." (Beloved readers this reveals that Baba had approved construction of temple for him.His replica is as powerful as himself and celebration of all functions also was approved by Baba.I feel it was the first Sai Mandir built during Baba's physical presence at Shirdi-If not enlighten on this point reg.first Mandir with facts and figures.) He did not comply with Baba's instructions and went to Shirdi.Baba questioned "when I have come to your house why have you come here?Bhivapuri is your Shirdi now?(Readers!Shirdi is the place wherever Baba rests.Baba rests where there is full devotion.It is confirmed Baba's dictum those who think I am at Shirdi have not understood me). This remark of Babaji awakened Pradhan a temple amidst good natural surroundings was built. Not only Pradhan but also his guests felt the presence of Baba in the mandir. People heard opening of the doors at 12 midnight and closing of the doors at 3 am. Pradhan built a beautiful shrine room,a spacious hall,a wide verandah and a guest house.Sai-intoxicated soul in pradhan left this earth in 1939 leaving the responsibilites of upkeep of mandir to his sons,son-in-law. On account of heavy inflow of devotees it was planned for further expansion. The work was held up in the middle for want of funds. Sri narayana purohit resorted to the feet of Sai Baba through parayana of sri Satcharita. After four days saibaba appeared in the dream of pradhan and asked"Where is my dhuni?If there is no dhuni how can this be shirdi?How will the temple be completed?"As this dream was repeated sri purohit informed the trustees who had erected dhuni which was inagurated by the grand son of shri Dabholkar on 7-04-1949. Afterwards a devotee offerred to pay all the expenditure of the roof and other structure. (Now we learn that dhuni is a must for shirdi sai temple.Secondly sri Sai satcharita parayana is a means to seek sai's grace and instructions). Readers would like to further enlighten me on this.How sainath tought us universal truth
    Not every heart is capable of finding the secret of God's love.

There are not pearls in every sea; there is not gold in every mine.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    Re: Baba's leelas before 1918----Baba's Practical Wisdom
    « Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 07:54:01 AM »
  • Publish
  • Baba was seated at the Mosque.The season for custard apple had just began.A woman with these fruits was coaxing Baba to take fruits.She demanded very high prices first.

Baba:I do not want your fruits.Take them away

The the woman begged of Baba to take six fruits for then annas.The fruit were bought.A littler later,before the woman was paid,another woman with Custard apple turned up and Baba bargained with her.

Baba: For ten fruits,I will give only six annas.

The woman agreed.

Baba: Shama,what is the total to be paid to these women?

Sharma: Deva,one rupee.

The Baba addressing someone present ( Kaka Mahajani): Bhav,will you give me RS2?

Then Kaka gave the two rupees asked for.

The Baba calling the first woman:Have this.Take the money.

And he paid her one rupee.

The Baba called the second one and paid her also one rupee.

Then Kaka ,who paid two rupees said:" Baba,I do not understand all this,will you make me understand?'

Baba: What is the difficulty?When the first basket came,fruits were scarce and so 10 annas for 6 was settled.

When the second basket came,fruits were not so scarce and so 6 annas was fixed for 10 fruits.As for the actual payment,each was paid according to her Bhagya (Poorva Karma) etc.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    Re: Baba's leelas before 1918
    « Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 07:59:22 AM »
  • Publish
  • Baba ( to Haribhav K.Karnik:) Do not get up the steps of the Mosque .Go back straight to your home (Dahanu) without wondering on the way.

Haribhav went back and found that his grandson's wife had died just two hours before Baba spoke.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 08:56:31 AM »
  • Publish
  • 15th December, 1936

adam dalali, aged about 70, Estate Broker, living near the Naupada Mosque, Bandra says:

I am an old bhakta of Sai Baba. My experiences are already found in Sai Lila Masik. I have long been going to Sai Baba. He was so kind and generous. He has helped me on many occasions. I shall give a few striking instances.

My son had to be married. I intimated the fact to Baba and asked for His leave and sanction. Each time I asked, he put it off. I was writing also to Him. Even then the reply sent usually back to me by Baba was His usual "Allah Malik Hai’.  At last after three years He replied that my son's marriage may be celebrated and He fixed a date for it and ordered me to celebrate it on that date. That was alright. But how were the funds to be provided by a poor man like myself? See how Baba provided for me! I had undertaken to pay the expenses of the bride's party also. I looked to Baba for aid. Some ten days prior to the date fixed, I got a sudden work entrusted to me and a sudden payment for it. Thus I got some relief. Then with similar accessions to my little marriage fund, I was able to celebrate the marriage on the date fixed by Baba (about 1913 or 1914.)

Another and later instance of his help was towards the close of Baba's career. I had acted as a broker between a Marwadi and the man who mortgaged a building to him, giv­ing him a title deed purporting to be issued by the Collector. This title deed was impugned and the police charge-sheeted me and the mortgagor for using a fabricated document etc. I went to Baba and prayed for His help. He said "Do not fear. Everything will come right". Then I went to Mr. Tendulkar and entreated his wife to pray to Baba for me and say that I would be discharged. She said so. That day I was discharged and others, i.e., the Mortgagor were committed to the Ses­sions, wherein I was examined as a Prosecution witness.

I have had numerous experiences, I have forgotten them. But they were all about earthly i.e., worldly matters. I did not read Quran or ask for spiritual advice; nor did Baba ask me to read Quran or speak to me of spiritual matters. Baba used to ask Bade Baba to go and read Quran or attend to his work. I do not now remember any prominent or schol­arly moslem that went to Sai Baba. He has come to me in other forms and dealt with me e.g., once He came as a Brah­min and begged for something. I gave him two annas then. Once He came to me as a Marwadi and said He was hungry. I gave Him four annas and asked Him to go to a Marwadi's hotel to get His food. Then when I went to Shirdi, Baba dropped significant hints showing me that He had visited me in those forms e.g., on the latter occasion, He said of me (at Shirdi) to some one else "I went to this man, he sent me to the Marwadi hotel to eat". I always used His Udhi and Tirtha. I have got His picture here at home and I burn Udbathi before it.  Even in recent times, I have been going to Shirdi.

OM SREE SAI NATHAYA NAMAHA!

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #34 on: July 02, 2008, 08:37:44 AM »
  • Publish
  • gangadhar vishnu kshirsagar (of Nevasa), Deshastha Brahmin aged 51, Telegraph Head Signaller in the Irrigation Department, Sonawadi, Kopergaon says:

I lost my father when I was 5 years old. We had lands. Bala Nevaskar "Jayagudi," Baba's devotee was our lessee. He claimed our land as his own. My maternal uncle, our guard­ian, represented us. Baba Nevaskar asked him to go with him to Shirdi and leave the settlement of our dispute to be done by Baba. They came here form Nevasa with my mother. My uncle and mother were total strangers to Baba. As soon as they came to the Mosque (Dwarka Mayi), even before they bowed, Baba said to Bala Nevaskar, "Hand over the lands to the children. Why trouble them?" We went back to Nevasa. But Bala refused and we got possession through the Court. Bala became mad. At that time I was then aged 16 (1901). After madness, He did not return to Shirdi. I never saw Baba. My mother and maternal uncle occasionally came here and saw Him.

Two years ago, I got transferred to Sonawadi.  Since then, I am visiting Shirdi and singing songs before Sai Mandir. On 27-6-1935, I had a dream. I saw Sai Baba standing before me and saying Today your house is decreed to you, why are you sleeping? There is jatra at Shirdi. Come and eat." He took me to the eating hall and I took food and bowed to Him. I awoke. Four days later, I got a letter from my brother that on the date of my darsan (27-6-35) our case is appeal (about our house) in the Ahmednagar District Court was de­cided in our favour. My faith in Baba has been greatly in­creased thereby.[/color
    ]

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 08:27:49 AM »
  • Publish
  • bhikudai, wife of Bayyaji Patil Kothe, caste Mahrathi, age about 42, residence Shirdi says:

My parental home is Ahmadnagar. I knew Radhakrishnabai as a friend at Nagar. She had a photo of Baba and she told me about him there. She was worshipping him with Arathi etc. She told, me she wanted to go to him. Her paternal grandfather was a lawyer there. Baba Saheb Ganesh was his name. She resided with him. I was wedded to one at Sangamner and he died and from there in my 14th year I came here, as Radhakrishna Ayi, my friend was hereserving Sai Baba (1908).

Gangagiri Baba of Vanjargaon was performing a huge Nama-Saptha  under  the  tamarind  trees  (near the  Wada).  There was a huge gathering every day and among many pil­grim groups that came, one was from Sangamner and when that returned to Sangamner, it brought from my friend R Ayi a photo of Baba, a lot of Burfi Prasad and an invitation to me to go over to Shirdi and settle there.  I accepted the invitation and came here without jewels and property.  I then went and saw Baba. He told me to live with R Ayi and be busy serving. About the end of 1916 i.e.,   1 or 2 months after R. Ayi died, I had gone to Nagar draw my pension as the widow of a man that died in the war at rupees 6 per month (which I still draw).  On my way back, at Kopergaon, near the banks of the Godavari, I was reminded of the fate of R. Ayi, who was burnt there.   My mind was all in a turmoil.   I had brought over my garland to Shirdi for Baba.  When I went to place it on Baba, he said "I don't want this garland of mental uneasiness "  He did not receive it. H.S. Dixit requested him to take it as I had brought it from Ahmadnagar for him with such great trouble.  I then went near Baba lifting up the garland with both hands.  Then I neared Baba, the garland somehow snapped into 3 parts; one was left in each hand and one fell on the floor.  How it got severed like that I could not discover.   Baba was simply saying "I don't want it."

I had brought with me along with the garland a water­melon and some milk sweets and I placed the Pedas and the cut fruit before Baba.  Baba took them up and distributed them.  Then I took a slice and cut off the outer skin and presented part to Baba and asked him to eat it.  Dixit also requested him to eat it.  Baba then said “This woman was weeping and shedding tears at Godavari and she has brought it with such a troubled heart and so I will not accept it." The fact was that at the river bank I was weeping and blaming Baba mentally for not having saved Radhakrishna Ayi, i.e., for allowing her to die such a wretched death.  Baba knew every­thing that was in my heart and hence His refusal to accept my present.

Baba at His noonday meal daily gave me a vessel full of food which I took home. On the day of Baba's expiry, I was greatly agitated at His leaving me desolate and I was weeping at about 10 p.m., in my house saying "Baba I cannot see You again". I came out and outside my front-door I saw a serpent and felt that it was Baba and said "I cannot recognize you in this serpent body, I know only your Sai Baba form." The serpent disappeared.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #36 on: July 04, 2008, 08:23:32 AM »
  • Publish
  • 23rd September, 1936.

M G pradhan, Clerk, Collector's Office, Revenue De­partment, (Old Customs House) living at Venkateshwar Press, Chawl, near Sandhurst Road, Bombay says:

I had heard of Sai Baba.  I had lost my 7 years' old son Dattatreya and was greatly upset.  I was thinking that I should go and see Sai Baba.  One day, I had a dream in which I saw five Sadhus seated.  I asked one of them "Which of these is Sai Baba?" And he pointed to one as Sai Baba.  Then I proceeded to (Sai Baba) Shirdi taking with me Sitaphal (custard apple), Ramphal etc., of my own garden at Janjira, and presented them to Baba, took darshan and sat before Him.  The figure I had seen in my dream as Sai Baba was the very figure that I saw at Shirdi.  Baba began to fall foul of me and abuse me saying "Why does the fool go on lamenting the loss of a son? It is merely going to the earth.  The body must go to the earth.  Why go on lamenting for that?" Again He said "Scatter your Ramphal far and wide". That (I learnt) meant, scatter knowledge, of course after obtaining it.

Then Baba began to describe to someone present my house and my garden and state the exact number and local­ity of my Sitaphal and Ramphal trees etc., with the accuracy and certainty of a neighbour, who had actually seen it often.  He told others of me that I had lost my son fifteen days previously and was vainly lamenting over it.  He was going on removing my poignant grief and fortifying my faith in him, by abundant proof that he knew everything about me and about every one that came to him.  I stayed there for four days.  During those days, many came to him and he told them facts about them which they mentioned to me and others, as re­markable proof of Baba's knowing everything.

This was the real starting of my faith which has proved a valuable asset for my spiritual and temporal life.  Though I did not visit Shirdi again till 1935, I had got such intense faith that whenever I was in trouble, I beheld his Person in dreams and he gave me help.  For the last two years, I have not had such visions or contracts:  My faith had first got a stay by the sudden and unexpected obtaining by me of leave, funds etc., for my first trip to Shirdi.   I noticed that during the 4 days I stayed at Shirdi.   Baba was full of Udasinatha.   He rarely spoke.  Mostly He remained absorbed in Himself, and looked as immobile as one drunk or insane.  One grand instance of Baba's help to me (long after He left the body) may be now given.   In 1932, my young son was at­tacked with severe fever.  After 3 or 4 days of such fever the pulse  appeared  to  have  failed.   Our  medical  man  Mr. J..M.B..B.S. was brought down to see the boy.   He  said that the pulse had ceased and the child was dead.   He began to console my wife.   I was quite ruffled and unwilling to accept his view.   I took up some Udhi of Baba and applied it to the child's face and had placed Baba's photo before the boy and I was intently praying to Baba.   The medical man said I was superstitious.   I declared that Baba was God and would save the boy.   About three fourths of an hour passed.   Then the boy regained consciousness and actually got up and later began to play.

------Baba Farid

Offline adwaita

• Blessings 12
      • Heaven
    « Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 02:00:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • Baba’s teaching did not always come through the medium of language or in elaborate action. The communication was sometimes mysterious. And what was so conveyed was usually something which words cannot convey. Sri Narayana Ashram records his experience: “Sai Baba had different ways of dealing with different people. He was the centre and to each man he darted a separate radius…..immediate proximity was not needed for spiritual development under Baba. When I was at Shirdi, I would mostly go and sit away by myself in the wada and not be at the mosque. Even at the wada, one is under Baba’s direct influence…Baba had a way of touching (with his palm) the head of the devotee who went to him. There was no adhikari (i.e. deserving person) evidently, to receive everything Baba could give and thus there were none to succeed him to his position. But his touch did convey certain impulses, forces, ideas, etc. Sometimes he pressed his hand heavily on the head as though he was crushing out some of the lower impulses of the devotee. Sometimes he tapped, sometimes he made a pass with palm over the head, etc. Each had its own effect - making remarkable difference in the sensations or feelings of the devotee. Baba’s touch was one means. Apart from that, he would invisibly operate on the nature of the devotee and effect a great change in him. He graciously conveyed to me without any words, the feeling that all the differences were unreal, that the one real thing is that which underlies all. This was after my first visit in 1913 or 1914 perhaps. But Baba never spoke out this truth so far as I know.”

A similar experience was had by one Rajballi Mohammad of Bandra.- “I had nothing particular to ask of him (Baba). I wanted only an increase of faith. I wanted that at my death I may die, possessed of full iman or faith so that I may have a good end. I prayed to him for that and asked for his blessings. He placed his hand on my head and blessed me. From that moment his blessings have borne fruit. My faith has steadily increased.”

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 03:39:14 AM »
  • Publish
  • Once a poor brahmin came to meet Baba,hoping to et some cash from him.At that time some boys were mincing meat for cooking.Baba asked one of the boys to put some pieces in the brahmin's bag,the brahmin was very angry but could not say anything out of fear.On the way back to his village,when he came across a canal of water,he threw away the pieces of meat in a field and dipping the cloth in the canal water started washing it.At that time,he felt some hard stuff sticking to the cloth which he thought maybe a piece of bone.But on close inspection,he was the surprised to find it to be a piece of shining gold.Immediately the brahmin ran to the field where he had thrown away the rest of the meat pieces.But he found nothing there and so cursed his bad luck and felt angry.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 05:06:30 AM »
  • Publish
  • In SSC chapter 33.we see that when Nanasaheb Chandorkar's daughter Mainatai was having severe labour pains at Jamner in District Jalgaon,miles away from Shirdi,Sai Baba arranged for her safe delivery by urgently sending Udi and Arati with Ramgir Buwa of Shirdi.But later on,the child died and her husband has already passed away earlier.So she was now a childless widow in great misery.Consequently,when Nanasaheb,with all of his family memebers,went to the Shirdi,he was quite morose in front of Baba.Thereupon Baba said to him:'Nana! If you are coming here because of your worries for your son-in-law and grandchild,you are mistaken.Do not come to me for this,because I do not control births and actions.Even the all-powerful God who has created the world can not make any changes in them.Do you think God can ask the Sun or the Moon to rise two hours or two days after the scheduled time or at different places than fixed? No! He will never do that because then there will be a great chaos.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 08:33:33 AM »
  • Publish
  • As for Dixit's own financial position, there was, for a long time, a period of depression, but there was no positive distress. Contentment was ingrained in Dixit', and he was always saying to himself, "Tevile Anante, Tase Rahave", which is the same as "Alla Rakhega Vysa Rahena", "Maula Rakhega Vysa Rahena". This means, 'We must be content with the lot assigned to us by God.' So, he was generally contented and retained his mental peace in the midst of lack of funds and income. However, special occasions arose and his faith in Baba was tested and confirmed.

Some time after Baba passed away, Kaka had to meet a heavy obligation of Rs. 30,000 to be paid to a Marwadi. The day for payment was drawing near, and Kaka could not see how to get funds for meeting this large demand. One night, as he was sleeping, he had a dream, and in his dream, his creditor was pressing him for payment. In the dream, he assured the creditor, "Oh, don't you fear. I have my friend Sir Chunnilal, Sir Chimanlal etc., all of them knights, and they will provide the money". Suddenly, he woke up and remembering the dream, he bitterly repented his stupid folly in relying upon 'Sir' this and 'Sir' that who are just persons who will fail to help at the crucial moment.

He felt that the only person on whom he could rely for getting help was Baba, and cursed his folly in relying upon such useless human help. He resolved not to think of these 'Sirs' at all, and to rely confidently and boldly upon Sai Baba alone to furnish him with funds and that too in time. He sat up in his office room on a chair and was waiting and waiting until the actual date of payment came. Until the last moment, no money was forthcoming. However, at the last moment, a young man, the son of a rich friend of his, came asking for his advice. He said that after his father's death, he was managing his property, and had to find an investment for his money. He said, just then he had brought with him Rs. 30,000/- and wanted to know from Dixit what would be best investment. Kaka, after explaining the pros and cons of other investments, finally told him that he was in urgent need of Rs. 30,000/- and he would be glad to have it on any reasonable terms, but that it was his duty to explain to the lender that his practice had gone down, that his income was very low, though his properties in the shape of bungalows were there, and that it was his duty to point out the danger and disadvantage of lending to such person. The young man, however, made up his mind to lend the money to him on account of his being his father's friend, and thus the creditor of Dixit was paid in time.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #41 on: August 21, 2008, 04:29:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • An excerpt from a letter written by Hon. Vasudev Sitaram Ratanjankar, Hyderabad Residency, House no.163.

“I first came to know of Sai and His Leelas from Kushabhau (Vedshastra Sampanna Krishnanathbuva Mirajgaonkar Joshi) in 1908. Many people invited him for Pooja and honoured him. This routine went on for many days in the village. Once, there was a Pooja at Vedshastra Sampanna Sitarambhatji Ghate. Since he was my maternal uncle, I happened to be present at the Pooja. Listening to the stories of Sai, it occurred to me that Sai (i.e. His devotee) should visit my house to perform a Pooja. Just then Maharaj said, ‘I am coming to your house tomorrow’. Thinking about the Pooja arrangements, I went home happily and informed everyone about it.

At dawn, my mother Gangabai dreamt of a sage garbed in saffron clothing coming straight into our house. My mother offered him a place to sit; but he stood in that place and as my mother touched his feet with her head, she woke up. She told everyone about her dream; but no one paid much attention to it.

That very day I went for the Pooja again at my uncle’s house. While giving Tirtha-Prasad, Maharaj gave me Sai’s photo, which was kept in the Pooja and told me to worship it every day. When I came home with the photo, my family members realised the significance of my mother’s dream. Later, I invited Maharaj (Shri Krishnanath Maharaj) for lunch and requested him to perform the Pooja. This is how I came to know of Sai.

After listening to people’s experiences of Sai time and again, I felt a desire to take Sai’s Darshan and be blessed. However, this could happen only 2-3 years later, in 1912. I was to go to Mumbai to see the arrival of the king of the British empire; but one fine morning Shri Shivdas Dhate gave me a ticket to Shirdi.  I took it as an invitation from Baba, cancelled my Mumbai visit and left for Shirdi the very same evening. There I experienced a lot of miracles and signs. Since I felt like writing some poems on Sai I also wrote a ‘Padyamala’.

An example of the many miracles is that of Late Smt. Malanbai, daughter of Late Shri Damodar Ranganath Joshi Degaonkar and also my maternal cousin. She was suffering from fever for a long time, which ultimately turned to be TB. Many doctors and medicines were tried; but to no avail. In the end, we started giving her Baba’s Udi along with the medicines. Fed up of her illness, Malanbai kept saying, ‘Take me for Baba’s Darshan.  Only then I will be cured.’  But, she was so weak that she could barely sit. Travelling would have been dangerous. In the end, the doctors relented and gave her permission to go, thinking there could be some psychological benefit. She was taken to Shirdi accompanied by 2-3 other people.

As soon as Baba saw her, He started hurling abuses and said, ‘Let her lie on a blanket. Give her only water from the Matka (clay pot) to drink.’  She lay there for 7-8 days surviving only on water; but kept repeating that only Baba would cure her.

7-8 days later, even though it was past Baba’s time to get up, He did not. People who had gone for Kakad Aarati waited patiently; but kept wondering, why Baba was not getting up.

On the other hand, Malanbai passed away and some of her relatives started

making the funeral arrangements. Her mother and mine sat next to Malanbai in grief. Sathekaka (a devotee) tried to comfort them. Suddenly, Malanbai moved, yawned and opened her eyes. She looked quite terrified and looked all around. A wave of happiness spread among the people around her and they listened as she narrated her story. ‘A black man was taking me with him, when I cried for Baba’s help. Baba came and beat up the man with His baton (‘Sota’), saved me from his clutches and took me inside the Chavdi.’ She described the Chavdi without ever having been there.

While here in the Chavdi, people were discussing, why Baba was yet asleep, when suddenly Baba woke up pounding His baton (‘Sota’) and ran to the place, where the girl was staying (Dixit’s Wada). People followed Him and met those who were coming to report the girl’s miraculous coming to life. Thus Baba proved, how He saved His devotees even from death. There are many more miracles; but lack of space constrains me.”
    Shri Sai Leela, Year I, Paush Shaké 1845 / vol. 11 Translated into English

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #42 on: August 29, 2008, 03:17:07 AM »
  • Publish
  • FROM "LIFE OF SAI BABA" BY NARASIMHA SWAMI

……“ In another way also Baba granted this identity. That was in about 1916. Rege had gone to Shirdi and was staying with Ayi. When Baba was alone, he sent for him, and said, ‘The key of my treasury is now placed in your hands. Ask anything you want, Rs. 5, Rs. 100 or what you like. I will give it to you.’ This was a temptation, but Rege declined to ask for anything.

Sai Baba knew what was necessary, good or useful for Rege and it was for Baba to decide what to give or what to withhold, and not for Rege to ask. So, Rege would not ask. Then Baba held him by the chin and coaxed him to ask for something, because he was anxious to give. Then Rege said, ‘Is it agreed, Baba that you grant anything I ask for?’ ‘Yes,’ Baba answered. Rege said, ‘Then Baba I want this. In this and in any future birth that may befall me, you should never part from me. You should always be with me’. Baba was full of joy and petting him said ‘Yes, I shall be with you, inside you and outside you, whatever you may be or do’ Rege felt then and feels even that now, Baba is always with him. Baba also shows his form visibly to him occasionally to reassure him and guide him.

This statement that Baba is always with Rege, and Rege always with Baba, came from Sai Baba in a very forceful way again in 1916. On one occasion Baba showed his deep concern for M. B. Rege’s comfort and happiness. It was about a child that was the first child that Rege had. When in 1914 a child was still in the womb, both Rege and his wife went to Baba for darsan. Then Baba cryptically said, ‘You have got one of my gifts with you.’ When the child was born, it was taken to Baba. Baba then caressed it, and asked Rege, ‘Is the child yours or mine?’ ‘Yours Baba,’ replied Rege. Then Baba said, ‘Keep him with you as a charge from me.’

One might wonder, with what object this was said. Baba fully knew what the future of that child was to be and how it was to leave Rege and cause him much pain, being his very first child. A year and a half after that, the child got pneumonia, and the doctors were saying that the danger was over. But just then it started sinking. Rege took the child to the prayer room in his house and prayed to Baba. 'The child is yours, Baba. So, please take it and give it rest in you. But having given it its worldly existence, I undertake all its karma', said Rege.

Then Rege put his palm on the head of the child. There was a smile on its face, a last gasp and the crown of the head was drawn in with a hiss, just the way in which the yogis lives would depart, namely, through the crown of the head. To confirm his idea that the child had sadgati, he had an experience, a couple of months later, when he went to Shirdi. As he was in Baba’s presence, the latter asked some one, ‘Who is this man? Where does he live?’ pointing to Rege.

They said, ‘This is Rege and he lives at Indore.’ ‘No,’ said Baba, ‘You are wrong. He is always here and I am with him.’ Next Baba asked, ‘Has he any children?’ The persons present said, ‘No Baba; his child has just now died.’ Baba retorted, ‘Died? No, no. I will tell you what happened. The child was mine, and this man agreed to keep it. One day he said, "You keep him with you, and I shall take up his karma." So, I took the child and kept it here pointing to his heart’. Baba added, ‘He shall be here eternally’. Eternal with Guru-God means undoubted sadgati. That is how Baba tried to fore-warn Rege from the beginning about this loss of his first child and how he consoled him by giving the child sadgati. This being a memorable event is referred to in Sai Sahasranama in the following words: Rege Sisoh Tathandasya Sada Sadgati Dayakah.

As for worldly matters, naturally in the position of a judge, he did not have much trouble, though on account of his increasing family burdens, he had demands and burdens. But Rege never troubled Baba with prayers for worldly gain or support, for instance, as in matters of promotion. He had his income from property and insurance. He was quite content with the provision for the present and the future. If need arose, somehow money was coming in, and Rege had nothing to complain of.

Baba's kindness and provision for Rege’s welfare had no limit. Rege says that it is not possible to give out all his experiences, but about Baba’s method of communication, he gives a classification. There are three forms. The first is in the active waking state. When the sishya is in difficulties or Baba wants his sishya to take a particular course, the sishya gets an inspiration as to what course should be adopted and the feeling that it is Baba’s inspiration. That is quite enough and it is verified by the events in his own case.

When he was at Ayi’s house, he would feel that Baba called him, and would go up to the Mosque and find that Baba was actually waiting for him there. So, the inspiration really came from Baba. Baba would give him some songs to sing or some tunes, because both Baba and Rege knew music. The second relates to the sleeping or trance state. Baba would appear in dreams or trances. This would be called Sakshatkara and is considered most impressive and unmistakable. Of course Rege had Baba's Sakshatkaras. In the third method, Baba directed his sishya to go to some other person, who did not even know why the shishya was sent, but who nebertheless benefitted the shishya in accordance with Baba’s internal and unperceived guidance. Sometimes the person to whom Baba sends a devotee is totally unfit to give any reply, for instance, the rustic girl to whom Das Ganu was sent for interpreting the Isha Upanishad.”……

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #43 on: September 18, 2008, 06:58:12 AM »
  • Publish
  • Dr. D. M. Mulki

He was a well-known M.B.B.S. doctor. Though originally belonging to Mumbai, due to his employment in the Govt. Medical Services, he got transferred from place to place and thus spent major years of his career outside Mumbai.

His elder brother stayed in Mumbai. In 1915, the elder brother’s elder son passed B.A. in first class. Hence, the family was very happy. However, its joy was short lived as the 18 year old boy embraced Christianity. In those days, conversion to another religion was considered to be a great defiance of society. The family, which was dreaming a bright future for its 18 year old son, got suddenly thrown in a deep gorge. The person who got jolted most was the doctor’s elder brother ! His mental status collapsed totally. He was close to Kakasaheb Dixit. He took him to Shirdi. With Baba’s blessings, he soon recovered mentally.

His elder son had changed religion while his younger son contacted a dangerous disease known in Marathi as Hadyavran. Lot of medicines were given. Even expert doctors operated on the affected leg. Medicines were brought even from other countries. However, the pains were not going away. The family even resorted to visiting various deities and taking different vows. However, everything was turning out to be futile.

Around that time, Shri Sai Baba’s name was gaining popularity in Mumbai. “He is an Aulia. Even with His mere Darshan, devotees get cured of their ailments. With His Udi, even the most difficult diseases vanish” was the talk going around. Therefore, as a last effort, the father and mother took their both sons to Shirdi.

The couple prostrated before Baba and narrated their woes about the disease. They made a fervent appeal, “Baba, we are unable to see the sufferings of our son. After trying out different remedies, we are at our wit’s end. Hearing Your fame, we have come as a last resort to You. Please place Your hand on his head, bless him and give him the gift of his life.”

Hearing these words, Baba said, “Those who come to the refuge of this Masjid, their bad times will always vanish. Anyone who steps into this Dwarkamai, the ship of his life will always reach the other coast. Keep this in mind and forget all worries now !”

Baba made the boy sit in front of Him. He blessed him with His eyes and moved His hand – smeared with Udi – over his back. He placed some Udi in the boy’s mouth. The moment the Amrit entered his mouth, the boy’s pains subsided. The family continued their stay in Shirdi over the next four days. They left Shirdi with their minds full of joy. Curing a difficult disease like Hadyavran was no small miracle !

In 1916, Dr. Mulki’s services got transferred to Govt. owned Halfkin Institute at Parel, Mumbai. On arriving in Mumbai, he visited his elder brother’s family. The talk naturally turned towards the disease and its miraculous cure. The family narrated the miracle in detail and praised Shri Sai Baba whole heartedly. Here the doctor came to know about Sai Baba for the first time. He had not even seen His photograph till that time.

In the October of the same year, the doctor started suffering from fever. The temperature continuously hovered around 105 to 106 degrees. The medical fraternity was trying its best. Due to their knowledge in these matters, the doctors were not willing to resort to blind faith like Guru and miracles. However, now it was the Guru who had a keen desire to meet Dr. Mulki.

One Thursday, Bhajans were being sung at the brother’s house. That day doctor was running 104 degrees temperature. He was dozing. In his dream he saw an old Fakir Who had tied a cloth around His head. He said, “Don’t worry. If you come at once for my Darshan, your fever will go away.” Doctor got scared with this strange dream and awoke. His sister-in-law came running. After doctor narrated his dream, from a cupboard she took out a photo wrapped in a silk cloth. Doctor confirmed that the same Fakir had appeared in his dream. He decided to immediately go to Shirdi and his fever vanished. But, after getting well, he gave priority to his office work. He postponed his trip to Shirdi and immediately resumed his duties at the office. After getting engrossed in work, as the days passed, he even forgot about the dream.

In 1917, Baba once again reminded him about the dream.  He was trying to get himself transferred outside Mumbai. Ultimately he was posted to Malegaon, which is closer to Shirdi. The Mumbai – Malegaon rout passes through Manmad. If the doctor had so desired, he could have got down at Manmad and visited Shirdi via Kopargaon. However, once again he gave priority to resuming his official duties at Malegaon over his pending pilgrimage visit to Shirdi.

The doctor was not giving priority to visiting Shirdi; but Sai Baba remembered him well. He performed one more miracle.

The doctor was attending to a pregnant lady who was delivering a baby. While deliverying the new born child, some liquid got sprayed into his eye. There was a strong burning sensation and the eye got swollen. The civil surgeon feared that he may lose his eye. For the first time in his life, the doctor made a impassioned prayer to Sai Baba. His prayers were answered and within a week his eye recovered.

Now he made a firm resolve to go to Shirdi. He asked his wife (who was staying in Mumbai with his elder brother’s family) to come to Malegaon and join him in the pilgrimage. He planned to that the couple will avail Baba’s Darshan at Shirdi and then go to Mumbai.

They were waiting in Manmad for the train to take them to Kopargaon. It so happened that there was still some time for the departure of the train. The doctor therefore took a stroll on the platform. He started chit-chatting with a ticket collector and casually mentioned to him of his plans to visit Shirdi. The T.C. started talking adversely about Sai Baba and even cast aspersions about Sai Baba’s moral character. Dr. Mulki got carried away by his talk, dropped his plans of visiting Shirdi and took a decision to return to Mumbai.

Dr. Mulki later on wrote :-

“We listened to the T.C. and at once decided to return to Mumbai. Even now I feel ashamed of my this unforgivable misdeed.”

However, the Sadguru always forgives the misdeeds of His children. Because of His greatness, our lives become worth living.

After the couple returned to Mumbai, his sister-in-law once again persuaded him to visit Shirdi. They resolved to overcome all obstacles and ultimately arrived in Shirdi. They took Darshan of Shri Sai Baba. Baba exactly narrated to the couple the incident that had taken place a month back at Manmad station. The couple was amazed and moved to tears.

They stayed in Shirdi for four days. Before embarking on their return journey to Mumbai, they sought permission of Baba. He said, “Now, start reciting Dnyaneshwari ! When you return to Mumbai, you will find on you table the telegram stating that you have been transferred to Vijapur.” And, when the doctor arrived in Mumbai, he found that the telegram had really arrived. After 15 days, he resumed duties at Vijapur. From there he went as an honorary doctor to serve the army which was at war. From there, he came to Gadag and settled down there.

He was so blessed by Baba that, even without knowing Marathi, every year he began reading Dnyaneshwari for a week.

Courtesy: Shri Saibaba Sansthan

------Baba Farid

Offline Malathikishore

• Blessings 0
    • Om Sri Sai natha yana maha
      • Shirdi Sai my life
    « Reply #44 on: December 20, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • Excellent stories some of which I never had the fortune to know about before. I was wondering how did Radha Krishnamai die? Can some one shed light on this please!
    Malathi kishore

Facebook Comments