Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Baba's leelas before 1918  (Read 18537 times)

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
Baba's leelas before 1918
« on: April 03, 2008, 02:40:56 AM »
  • Publish
  • Leela 1

It was quite safe to stay at Shirdi when Sai Baba ordered it;it was by leaving without permission that a man invited trouble.The following case of Abdur Rahim Shamsuddin Rangari.A Muslim devotee,illustrates that.

In 1913 there was plague at Thana,where I lived,and also I think,at Shirdi.My wife had been suffering for a month from some diease.Her throat and cheek were swollen and she could eat nothing.She was taking medicine but it did not help her.A Hindu neighbour,R.G.Gupta,a lawyer,advised me to take her to Sai Baba at Shirdi,as that would cure that.

'When we started out,she was unable to swallow anything but by the time we reached Igatpuri she could take tea and by Nasik she could eat something.This was a good omen.She was improving rapidly.On reaching Shirdi I went to the mosque and bowed down before Sai Baba.He asked me in Hindustani where I had come from and why and told me to bring my wife to the mosque.

'I took her up the steps and she bowed before him.He put his hand on her head and said" Khuda Achcha Karega'(God will put it right).I gave him one rupee four annas without being asked and he accepted it and gave me Udi.I stayed there for two hours.My wife's swelling was subsiding fast.So we started back at once without taking leave of Sai Baba.He had told me to stay,but since a cure had been effected I thought we might as well start.I did not like to stay in a strange place longer than necessay.Especially with my wife and two-years old son.

'The tonga in which we had come was still in the village.So we took it and started back from Kopergaon,about six miles away.We had gone about half the distance when the axel of the tonga broke and we were left stranded on the road.It was about ten o'cloce at night and there was no traffic.We could neither walk forward nor back such a distance at night.It was a lonely road and our predicament was unenviable,exposed to the night weather and in danger of highwaymen who infested the roads.We repented now our disregard of Sai Baba's words.

'Two hours passed in this way and then we heard the rattle of a carriage approaching and a voice calling out:'Where is the fellow from Thana?'A tonga came up to us and,seeing that it was the driver who was calling out I told him that I was from Thana and asked how he knew our plight and happened to arrive there at such an ususual hour.He said that Sai Baba had sent him.

'What for?'I asked him.
    'To fetch you,'he replied.

So we got into the tonga and went back to Shirdi.It was between one and two o'clock in the morning when we arrived there.Baba was waiting for us at the mosque.He said' 'You left wihout permission;that is why you had this trouble'.

'I admitted it and asked his forgiveness.He made us stay near the mosque for the rest of the night while he went in and carried on his usual meditation.In the morning he went out to beg and came back with some bread and vegetables,of which he took a part and gave the rest to us.My wife was able to eat solid food.The he gave us leave to go...This was my only visit to Shirdi but it gave me firm faith in Sai Baba.

--The incredible Sai Baba The life and miracle of a modern-day saint---
    Not every heart is capable of finding the secret of God's love.

There are not pearls in every sea; there is not gold in every mine.

------Baba Farid

Offline mohandwivedi

• Blessings 0
    Re: Baba's leelas before 1918
    « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 02:51:03 AM »
  • Publish
  • saisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisaisai

Offline Dipika

• Blessings 9
    « Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 03:49:06 AM »
  • Publish
  • OMSAIRAM!TRUST IN THE GURU FULLY THAT IS THE ONLY SADHANA.

ALLAH MALIK!

SAIYAA TERI TU HI JAANEY.

Sai baba let your holy lotus feet be our sole refuge.OMSAIRAM
    साईं बाबा अपने पवित्र चरणकमल ही हमारी एकमात्र शरण रहने दो.ॐ साईं राम

Dipika Duggal

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 02:41:34 AM »
  • Publish
  • Now another leela of baba,given this time by S.B.Nachne.

In 1909 some events took place which at the time seemed to have nothing to do with Sai Baba.My elder brother was undergoing an operation at Bajekar's hospital in Bombay and we were all anxious about it.I was living at Dahanu then,that day a Sadhu came and asked me for a piece of bread.We invited him into the house and gave him a full meal.My sister-in-law served him all the dishes except ladies fingers which she did not consder good enough to offer to a holy and honoured guest.However,the sadhu himself asked for ladies'fingers,so it was served.He blessed us all before leaving and told us that the operation had been successful.

'The same day my friend H.M.Panse told me that he hoped the operation would be successful by the grace of Sai Baba.That was the first time I ever heard of Sai Baba.

'Later in the evening my father returned from the hospital and we learnt from him that the operation had been successful and that there were no complications.After the operation a sadhu had appeared and,approaching the patient,passed his hands over the operated part and over the whole body and had said that everything would be all right.'

'My brother recovered and had no setback.'
    'It was in 1912 that I first went to Shirdi...During my stay there,Sai Baba showed great interest in me and my family.In the presence of Dixit,Jog and Dabolkar (three of the older devotees) he said,pointing to me:"I went to that man's house and he did not give me ladies' fingers'.

'My mind immediately darted back to the Sadhu who had dined with us at the time of my brother's operation and I felt sure that Baba was interested in our welfare and was helping us as early as 1909 without our knowledge.I told the devotees the incident of the ladies'fingers.That sadhu had quite a different appearance from Sai Baba.I saw him for about two or three days after the operation and had the opportunity of observing him at close quarters.After that he left Dahanu and was not seen there again.

How are we to understand these incidents?Did Sai Baba actually materialise in the form of strange fakirs and sadhus or did he merely influence them from a distance to act in accordance with his will?It is noteworthy that to people who had seen him he usually appeared in a strange from whereas to those who had not he more often appeared in his own-as though considering the additional work of disguise unnecessary.Though there were instances when he appeared in his own likeness to those who knew him also[/color

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 05:15:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    poor man named Laxmanrao Govindrao Munge lived in Nashik. He used to sit in the threshold of Nashik court. He did some documentation work and at the end of the day he earned only one rupee or one and half rupee.

In those days, for a girl to be given in marriage, only boy’s qualification, salary, etc was not considered by her family. The boy may be poor, but his family, family’s behaviour with others and above all maternal uncle’s family had to be good. Laxmanrao’s maternal uncle lived in Rahata village. Due to his maternal uncle’s good family background and high position, Laxmanrao’s marriage was fixed in a good family. Now the question was of money for the expenses of his marriage. He had to compulsorily give gold ornaments and the whole expense of his marriage was to be borne single handed. Moreover in those days a man was valued by his word of mouth. If a man had promised to give something in social functions like marriage or similar occasions, those words could not be taken back. It would be better to consume poison rather than turn back from one’s words.

Laxmanrao was worried about the expenses. Like a person has hope on a single star in a dark night, so Laxmanrao had hope from his uncle. He was confident that his uncle would help him in monetary terms. Thinking likewise, he started to Rahata to his uncle’s place from Nashik. In between, he came to Shirdi, Sai Baba’s holy land.

Laxmanrao came to Sai Baba’s Dwarkamai and fell at His feet. Sai Baba gave him two mangoes to eat. The mangoes were incredibly sweet in taste. Then Laxmanrao sat massaging Sai Baba’s feet. Sai Baba started talking with him and said, “Whatever is written in your fate, you are bound to get. Always have a feeling of satisfaction in your heart and be happy with whatever you have. Without God’s order, even a leaf cannot move. So don’t worry and always try to be simple, honest and truthful. I am independent and have independent thoughts, is said by many people, but this is not true. God is the only Doer, we are dependent on Him, my son! No one is relative of anyone. Relatives are only for show off, but no one come to help you in critical situations. If you want one-two thousand rupees, I can give you. Laxmanrao failed to understand what Sai Baba wanted to say. He then left for Rahata to his uncle’s place. His uncle refused to help him. Now Laxmanrao was reminded of Sai Baba’s words that, “No one is relative of anyone. Relations and relatives are only for show off. If you want I can give you money. Walking out of Rahata village, he further thought, “Everyday Sai Baba distributes all the money received as dakshina and next day He becomes a poor Fakir. Then how can He give me such a big amount of money?” But now he started praying to Sai Baba mentally, “Oh God, Sainath! You are omnipotent. I don’t have that much courage to understand your sweet words. I am not very intelligent and my devotion to You is also less than that. Oh God! Bless me. You have promised me to give one-two thousand rupees, but I cannot understand the exact meaning of your words”. Now he reached to a place named Sinnor.

There was a big business of cigarettes and tobacco of Gujarati traders in Sinnor and Laxmanrao was initially introduced to a Gujarati Trader. After a couple of meetings, the trader generated trust on Laxmanrao. So he gave Laxmanrao 30 Tolas (a tola means 10 gram of gold), a nose ring, which is considered to be very important in Marathi Tradition and a diamond studded pair anklets. In this way Sai Baba arranged money for the expenses of Laxmanrao’s marriage being a poor Fakir. Is it not Sai Baba's Leela He Laxmanrao met the Gujarati trader and in turn was helped by a stranger. Thus by Sai Baba’s grace, Laxmanrao’s marriage went off without any trouble and he was ever grateful to Sai Baba.

Source : Translated from a Gujarati Book 'Sai Sarovar'

--
    Posted By Hetal Patil to Shirdi Sai Baba Life Teachings and Stories at 4/19/2008 11:43:00 AM
    Sai Nathay Arpanastu

Anant Koti Brahmand Nayak
    Raja Dhi Raj Yogi Raj
    Para Brahma
    Shri Sachidanand Sadguru
    Sai Nath Maharaj Ki Jai!!!

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 02:41:42 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sri Sai Baba did not encourage the practice of black magic, witchcraft, etc. He never allowed those with such powers to come near him, until they shed off such powers.

Kusa Bhav learnt black magic. The moment he desired, sweets came into his hand. After hearing of Sri Sai Baba's greatness, he came to Shirdi. As he was trying to enter Dwarkamai, Sri Sai Baba stopped him and asked him to give up all his magic powers and only then come to him. For some days he was in a fix not knowing what to do. Finally, he removed the bracelet he was wearing and after giving up the powers, served Sri Sai Baba with devotion for a long time.

On an Ekadashi day, someone brought some food made with onions. Sri Sai Baba had no blind beliefs in such matters. He asked Kusa Bhav to eat it. Though Kusa Bhav told Sri Sai Baba that it was Ekadashi that day and he did not take onions, Sri Sai Baba insisted on his eating it. Finally Kusa Bhav told Sri Sai Baba that he would eat it if Sri Sai Baba ate too. Then Sri Sai Baba ate first, followed by Kusa Bhav. After a while, some devotees came into the mosque and Sri Sai Baba told them that though it was Ekadashi day, and Kusa Bhav, an orthodox Brahmin, had eaten onions. Then Kusa Bhav told them that he had eaten only after Sri Sai Baba had eaten the onions. Sri Sai Baba told that he had not eaten onions but some turnips. So saying he vomited, and the vomit contained pieces of sweet potato instead of onions. Kusa Bhav was surprised at this; he picked up the sweet potato pieces from the vomit and ate them. Sri Sai Baba got angry and scolded him as to why he was doing such a disgusting thing. After a moment Sri Sai Baba's anger turned into pity and he said to him, "I am blessing you. Wherever you are and whenever you want, if you think of me you will get Udi from Dwarkamai in your hands. If you give Udi to those in need, their difficulties would be over and their desires fulfilled."

From that day onwards till his death, Kusa Bhav used to get handful of Udi by merely repeating Sri Sai Baba's name.

What we learn from this story is that Sri Sai Baba had no liking for black magic. He reformed such devotees who approached Him and instead of such lowly powers, gave them some divine powers. Therefore, those who are true devotees of Sri Sai Baba need not worry about such evil forces. They will not dare to come near them.

It proves that Sri Sai Baba was omnipresent. Let us pray on this Thursday to Sri Sai Baba to protect us also in all ways. May all of us have complete faith in Sri Sai Baba.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 03:24:13 AM »
  • Publish
  • In Madhya Pradesh, there is a big town named Indore. There is a big temple of Raja Vikramaditya’s deity Goddess Harishiddhi. In the year 1915, there lived a Fakir named Rumalwala Baba besides the temple. He was called a Mast Fakir, he never used to beg, and he was in meditation of Sai Baba for 24 hours. Although there was no need to go to Shirdi for Baba’s darshan, he used to go to Shirdi many times to be engrossed in Baba.
    In the year 1915, in the month of May on Friday, he visited Shirdi for Sai Baba’s darshan. he was in Sai Baba’s meditation in Dwarkamai. At that time a photographer came and captured Baba’s photo (adjoining photograph) and ran away with the camera. Baba abused him a lot for his act. On the third day i.e. Sunday, that photographer came and gifted the photograph to Sai Baba in the presence of Rumalwala Baba. At that time Prof. Ganpatrao Narke, son-in-law of Shri Bapu Saheb Buti, was seated before baba to take about his job. Baba gave the photograph to him and said, “Take this! The person who has the photograph, his calamities would vanish ( Beda Paar Ho Gayega).
    Rumalwala Baba thought that how nice would be of Baba, if he had given me such a incomparable photograph. After that people sang Madhyayan Arti, stotras, Baba gave Udi to all and ordered everybody to go and have their lunch.

Like a bird is not happy without wings, so is snake without a pearl, an elephant is not happy without trunk, so Rumalwala Baba was unhappy without the photograph. He went to Balabhau’s lodge to eat, but could not even eat a morsel. Some how he finished off his lunch and got up to give Balabhau eight annas for the lunch. Then along with the money the photograph also came out from his pocket. He became so happy and emotional that he started dancing and jumping. He said to everyone, “See I got Baba’s divine photograph, see i got Baba’s divine photograph. Baba had said whosoever preserves this photograph, his calamities would vanish”. By getting Baba’s divine photograph, there was no bound to happiness of Rumalwala Baba, he was very excited, his eyes overflowed with tears, he kept the photo nearby his heart and started embracing it again and again. After some days, Rumalwala came back to Indore, he kept the photograph in a recess of a wall.

Some years later, a devotee named Shri Pathakji started coming to Rumalwala Baba. One day took the photograph in his hands. Seeing this Rumalwala Baba, became very angry and said, “You have teased me by taking the photograph in your hands. Now don’t keep it here. You take the photograph and keep it with you. Whosoever will have this photograph, preserve it, worship it, light lamp and incense stick before it, their calamities would vanish. In this way the divine photograph of Baba passed away from Rumalwala Baba to Shri Pathakji.

A Sai Baba devotee named Gajananrao Krishnarao Nirakhe, but people used to call him Bapu Saheb, only for offering service visited frequently Shirdi. He lived in Gandhinagar. After getting the divine photograph of Sai Baba Shri Pathakji, he joined the team of Bapu Saheb for visiting Shirdi. Seeing the utmost devotion to Sai Baba, Shri Pathakji sent that divine photograph to Bapu Saheb through another devotee of Sai Baba named Shri Upasani. He danced and jumped with joy after getting the photo. He got the photograph framed and tied it in his neck. Devotees of Indore built a temple of Sai Baba. The idol of Sai Baba was duly installed by Bapu Saheb.
    In the year 1987, on 10th and 11th October, in a huge hall of Shreyas School, Baroda, Akhil Bhartiya Sai Sammilan was held. Late Shri Maganlal Jermanwala, author of Sai Sarovar Book was honoured. Indore’s Bapu Saheb was also present on the occasion. He had that divine photograph of Sai Baba which He had Himself given tied in his neck. Sai Baba then inspired Bapu Saheb to give the photograph to Sai Sarovar.

Source : Translated from Gujarati Book "Sai Sarovar"

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 03:31:22 AM »
  • Publish
  • In Chapter 16 and 17 of Sai Satcharitra, we had seen how Sai Baba treated a rich gentleman, who wanted Brahma Gyan from Him. Now we will see how He treated a poor fellow, who wanted ten crore rupees from Sai Baba, through other saint.

Sai Baba never avoids any person, even if he has cheated the whole world. If such a person goes to Sai Darbar, Sai Baba welcomes him generously. So it is recommended that we should leave our ego, ignorance and stubbornness while going to Sai Darbar. Only Sai Baba is God, Brahma, Creator and He has no beginning and no end. There is no person on this earth whom greed has not touched. Everyone in some point of time has hoped for something or the other and tried his/her level best to achieve it.

There was a devotee (not of Sai Baba and name of other God is unfortunately not given nor his ware bouts are mentioned). He had only one wish and that was to get ten crore rupees by hook or by crook without working hard to get it. One thing had made place in his mind that if a saint is pure and real, then Goddess Laxmi (Goddess of wealth) resides with him and if Goddess Laxmi does not reside then he is not real saint.

Somebody advised him and said, “Oh brother, you can find such a rich saint in Shirdi. Sai Baba of Shirdi is a crorepati (very rich) saint and moreover He is very king and humble.

So the gentleman came to Shirdi and stayed there for three to four days. He used to observe Sai Baba’s Leela, but he was more attracted towards the long pocket of Sai Baba’s kafani. Whosoever comes to Sai Baba gives Him money and Sai Baba used to put His hand in the pocket of His kafani and whatever amount came to in His Hand was given. So no one went back bare handed. Seeing this, it was confirmed to the gentleman that surely Sai Baba must be having ten crore rupees.

The gentleman said to Sai Baba, “O Baba, I have roamed much, but I haven’t found a true saint. You donate so much money daily, so You only seem to be real saint to me. It is now clear to me that Goddess Laxmi resides in Your feet, so I have come to You. Please get me only ten crore rupees from Goddess Laxmi, I don’t want anything else from You.”

Sai Baba answered in very sweet words, “O gentleman, see I am begging, so how can I have ten crore rupees?” you do one thing. Go to Gondavlekar in Gondavle.
    Then Sai Baba called him near and whispered in his ears, “if you get ten crores rupees, then you must give Me one crore out of that and in this way I will also get rid of this Fakiri ( begging food and living).

The gentleman some how found out Gondavlekar Maharaj and put forward the same request to him. Gondavlekar Maharaj said, “This is not a big issue. But today you are late, so come tomorrow. Next day the gentleman again went to Gondavlekar Maharaj and sat in his feet.
    Maharaj Gondavlekar questioned him, “Say brother, why have come from far distance?”
    The gentleman said in an unrespectable manner, “I told you yesterday only that I want ten crore rupees.

Maharaj Gondavlekar said, “Oh I forgot. So you want just ten crore rupees. That is not a big thing. I will arrange for you, still then you stay here.”
    In this way Maharaj Gondavlekar promised him again and again and made him stay for a week. The gentleman became more restless now. He decided not to eat anything, so Maharaj Gondavlekar made him take his lunch.
    Maharaj Gondavlekar said, “I have made arrangements for money and packed all of them in small bags. How will you take all the bags now?”
    The gentleman replied, “Will you take it in a cart?”
    Maharaj then said, “how may carts will be required to carry bags of ten crore rupees?”
    The gentleman said, “it will require maximum hundred carts”.
    Maharaj said, “Go my brother and bring hundred carts quickly and I will give you ten crore rupees at once.”
    The gentleman thought, “From where I will bring the carts, neither one nor two, total hundred carts!”

At last the gentleman left his obstinacy of receiving ten crore rupees from any saint forever and also left the place heavy heartedly.

Source : Translated from a Gujarati Book 'Sai Sarovar

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 06:40:25 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sai Baba's Timely Alarms

Sai Baba gave warning of the calamities which would befall on his devotees well in advance and the following two incidents reveal the fact more clearly.

There was a carpenter called Kondya in Shirdi, who was a great Sai devotee. One afternoon, Baba said to him, "There is a fire in Khalwadi(threshing ground); so you go there!" It was a hot summer afternoon; but Kondya went running to the threshing ground; only to find that there was no fire at all. "Why did You make me run in scorching heat?" Sai said,"Turn around!" When Kondya turnded around, he saw that a stack of haywas on fire and he could see the smoke. Suddenly, a strong wind started blowing and there was an alarm in the village. The villagers thought that, now all the stacks would catch fire causing great damage and so, they pleaded with Baba. Sai reached Khalwadi and poured a ring of water around the burning pile. He said, " Only this pile will burn. Others will remain unharmed.?" And so it happened.

Nanasaheb Beray worked as an Inspector in the agricultural department. He was a devotee of Sai Maharaj. Once, when he went for Sai's Darshan, Sai said, "You go to the station (Kopergaon) immediately! Do not delay."So, Nanasaheb left quickly. He drove the tonga at top speed. There was another tonga following him. The gentleman sitting in it said, "There is still time for the train. What's the hurry? We can take it easy." But Mr. Beray did not agree and he went quickly to the station. Later, he heard the news that the tong, which was following him was stopped and looted by robbers. They also beat up the passengers. Mr. Beray then realised the importance of Sai's words and kept saying that it was Sai Who saved him

Source : Sai Leela Magazine

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 06:46:48 AM »
  • Publish
  • Laxmanrao Kulkarni Ratnaparkhi was maternal uncle of Late Shri Madhavrao Deshpande. He was a resident of Shirdi itself. He was an orthodox Brahmin. He used to follow the laws of touchability and religious rites very rigorously.

As Laxmanrao was the maternal uncle of Madhavrao, he was known as `Laxman Mama" in the village. He was the Vatandar Kulkarni and Gram Joshi of Shirdi village.

While the devotees were experiencing Baba's miracles, Laxmanrao maintained a distance from such things. He not only had no faith in Baba, but he was a very staunch opponent of him.

An unlearned person is likely to fall into prey to bad company and habits. He may listen only to his ego and have belief only in himself. Gradually, he starts thinking that he is bigger than God. To bring such a person to the proper path, Bhagvant gives him certain jilts. The person starts coming back to his senses. Then, the Almighty enters his inner soul and gives him deliverance.

It so happened with Laxmanrao. The great egoist fell ill with an incurable disease. His sufferings knew no limits inspite of the various remedies he tried. Ultimately – as a last resort – he came to Baba's Masjid, Dwarkamai.

Baba looked at him with tranquil eyes, moved His hand over Laxmanrao's body and said, "Go! Allah will set things right."

There was a miraculous change in Laxmanrao from the time he stepped into the Masjid. On top of it, he had the blessings of baba. From that moment, he became a devotee of baba.

On another occasion, Baba took a test of Laxmanrao.

Bappaji was the only son of Laxmanrao. When he was young, he ailed from some incurable disease. But, now Laxmanrao had faith in Baba. Therefore, along with other medial remedies, everyday he started bringing Udi from Baba's own hands and giving through water to Bappaji.

However, there came a time, when people felt that the boy is going to be lost for ever. Laxmanrao rushed to the Masjid. He prostrated himself at Baba's feet and cried, "Baba, save my son! Oh, my God, I bow before you."

But, suddenly, Baba shouted at him, "Go, away!" he even started showering abuses. Laxmanrao got scared. He was unable to understand Baba's strange behaviour.

In reality, now Laxmanrao had started believing in Baba. However, his old traits had not been completely eradicated. Some of his ego was still lingering. A few questions and doubts used to crop up in his mind time and again.

With a heavy heart, Laxmanrao returned home. And after some time, baba got up from his place. He came down the steps of the Masjid and straight away went to Laxmanrao's home. With love and affection, He moved His hand over Bappaji's body and immediately turned back. From that moment, Bappaji got relief.

Now Laxmanrao began believing that Baba is God Incarnate. He decided that in his every deed he will remember Baba. Early every morning, Laxmanrao used to complete the rituals of Snan-sandhya and then came to the Masjid to avail Baba's darshan. He used to wash Baba's feet, draw a Tilak, place flowers and Tulsi leaves, offer Dhoop – Deep-Naivedya and Dakshina. Thereafter, he used to prostrate himself before Baba and take His blessings. He used to distribute Prasad amongst those present. And then, he used to proceed to perform Pooja of the other Gods and Goddesses of the village. This was his daily routine and he adhered to it till end. With great devotion, he served Baba.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 06:52:45 AM »
  • Publish
  • The following is a story of Damuanna, a rich businessman and how Saiji blessed him and Was ever with him and his family. It also reveals how Saiji loved and blessed His devotees, who surrended to Him completely.Saiji had told Damuanna the names that were to be given to the first two sons and Damuanna had noted them down in his diary. One year passed thereafter and Damuanna's first son was born. When the boy was an infant, Damuanna took him to Shirdi and placed him at Saiji's feet. He enquired, " Baba what name shall I give him?" Saiji retorted, "Damya, did you forget, what I had told you in such a short time? You have noted down the name on the third page of your diary. Have I not told you to name him'Daulatsha'? As instructed by Saiji, Damuannna Named him as 'Daulatsha' (Dattatray Damodar alias Nanasaheb Rasane).After a few years thereafter, the second son 'Tanashah' was born.When Daulatshah became five year old, Danusheth took him to Shirdi for Chaul Karma. Saiji held the boy's had in His own hand and taught him to write the word 'Hari'.Saiji also gave guidance at the time of marriage of Daulatshah alias Nanasaheb Rasana. For this boy from a rich family, several proposals were coming from well-off families. One of the proposal was from his own maternal uncle who was offering a dowry of Rs. 2-3,000. There was also a proposal from a poor family from Pandharpur. Due to financial condition, the family could offer no dowry.Damuseth took a bunch of horoscopes to Shirdi and along wiht Madhavrao went to see Saiji. Madhavrao showed the horoscopes to Saiji and enquired, "Which proposal should they accept?" Saiji held the papers in his hands and selected the one belonging to the girl from poor family. Accordingly, Damusheth went with the alliance of his son with that girl.Daulatshah's family life with his wife began on the path of happiness.

Nanasaheb was childless for a long time. Earlier he lost three children due to epilepsy. His wife, therefore, tried to persuade him to get married for a second time. He was depressed and sad. He lost interest in family matters.In such a frame of ming, once sai in front of Saiji's Samadhi in Shirdi and began pleading' "Baba, bless me either with a child or show me the path to Atma Kalyan". While appealing thus, his eyes welled with tears. Just then he heard a faint voice from the Samadhi - "Santati Ho Jayegi" (You shall be blessed with a child)!" Nanasaheb's joy didi notknow any bunds. He prostrated before the Samadhi. He was amazed and ecstatic - not because he was going to be blessed with a child but with realisation that his Sadguru resonded to is prayers. In 1928, he bore a son. As Nanasaheb had only one son, his father Danusheth prayed in front of the Samadhi and Nanasaheb was blessed with a second son in 1931.Once, on the occasion of Guru Poornima, a coin onf on Naya Paisa dropped from Saiji's garland into Nanasaheb's hands. He preserved it with great devotion throught all his life. He carried it in the button Patti of his shirt. He said, "My annual income is abut Rs. 5000. Even then no coin in the world can match this Naya Paisa. And no value can be attached to it - it is valueless.Nanasaheb had expressed a desire that the coin should be cremated along with his body and so was done.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 07:01:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • Mahadu Phasale was an old Sevekari of Baba. His real name was 'Madhav', but in Shirdi he was known as 'Mahadu'. Since his childhood, he developed an attraction towards Baba. As a young man, he served and stayed with Baba. From morning till night, he was always ever willing to serve Baba.He used to do a lot of chores - sweeping the Masjid, cleaning the mat on which Baba sat, fill up water in the tub kep near the steps, draw lukewarm water for Baba's bath, anxiously wait for Baba to finish His bath and then wipe His body, clean the Hundis (lamps), kept in theMasjid and Chavadi, help Abdul Baba in lightning up the lamps, look after Baba's horse, etc.There was a room, adjoining the Dhuni, which was used for storing firewood. Baba had with His own hands constructed almost three-fourths of one wall of that room. At that time, Mahadu had assisted Baba by making mixture of mud. Baba had stacked the bricks and then plastered the wall with the mud. At the time of Baba's mortal end, Mahadu handed over the Chillum and Staka, used by Baba, to Bapusaheb Jog. Bapusaheb had kept both these articles in his Pooja Ghar. Later on, when Bapusaheb shifted his residence to Upasani Ashram at Sakori, he took these sacred articleswith him. In due course of time, these articles have been preserved in the Sai Sansthan, Shirdi.This is a story of 1936. Baba's Muslim devotee Chhotekhan and Mahadu Phasale were sleeping in the Masjid. Chhotekhan heard Baba's voice saying, "Are Mahadu, get up! I have to pass urine". But, Mahadu was fast asleep and could not get up. Next day morning, it was observed that at the palce, where Baba used to sit, there was a poodle of water and a sweet fragrance was emanating from it.

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 04:18:19 AM »
  • Publish
  •      
    Experiences of

Sai Maharaj

experiences of Shri Vinayak Sitaram Mulherkar...

Once, I went to Shirdi via Pandharpur, after duly taking Darshan of Lord Pandurang. There was a sweetmeat shop near the Mahadwar at Pandharpur. I asked the shopkeeper to give me one and quarter seer of the best Pedhas he had as I had to go for Sai’s Darshan in Shirdi. He really gave me the best.

The next day, when I reached Shirdi for Baba’s Darshan and offered the Pedhas, Baba said, “These Pedhas are from Pandharpur aren’t they ? You have brought them for me ?” I replied, “Yes Baba, I have brought them for You. Only if You accept them shall I be gratified.” “Yes, you brought them for me,’’ Baba said and right away took a couple of Pedhas. He gave back the rest saying, “Shri Pandurang’s Prasad.” The very fact that He called them Pedhas from Pandharpur underlines the fact that Baba was omniscient and fulfilled His devotees’ wishes without doubt. Thoughts of this benevolent figure increased my devotion day by day.

Every time I went to Shirdi for Baba’s Darshan, another such miracle would take place. I went to Shirdi every 2-4 months; but there was never any hitch in my reaching there.

Once, I left for Shirdi along with the Late Hon. Nanasaheb Chandorkar. We alighted at Kopargaon and bathed in the Godavari. We took tea made by Nanasaheb’s Brahmin there. Nanasaheb had taken five seers of milk with him and there were many other pilgrims from Mumbai who had come there. They too bathed in the Godavari and were arranging for tea for their families.

When Nanasaheb started distributing the milk to the children, the women and children clamoured for the same and created a commotion. I was sitting in Nanasaheb’s Tonga nearby, waiting to move as soon as Nanasaheb was seated. I told the people, “Do not trouble him. He is not an ordinary pilgrim. He is the district’s Deputy Collector and a Pucca devotee of Shri Sai Baba.”

Later, when we both reached Shirdi in the Tonga, it was time for the Aarati. After the Aarati, when we prostrated in front of Baba, He looked at me and said, “So Nana is a Pucca devotee and what are you - a Kuchha devotee ?” I was surprised and remembered my words to the pilgrims in Godavari. It clearly shows, how Baba gave the experience of His omniscience at every step. Besides He gave the benefit of His profound wisdom to His devotees, so that they shunned any sort of conceit. Just as Sant Namdev prayed to Lord Vishnu that His devotees should be devoid of pride, similarly Baba lovingly narrated stories to guide His devotees on the right path.

Till today, I am living my life in this Sansar experiencing the blessings of Shri Sai Baba. It is all happening as Sant Tukaram said, “Simply touching the feet of the saint, the seed of greed burns away. “We should place our heartfelt trust at the feet of the saint as per the following Abhang of Sant Tukaram -

“For the Paras, the hands and feet are both made of sandalwood. No part of the body is inferior to it.

For a lamp there is no darkness around or within. Sugar is sweet inside out.

Thus in a good person, Tuka says, you can find no flaws.”

So be it. Please excuse me for this long letter. I hope you will publish it in your magazine and oblige.

Vinayak Sitaram Mulherkar

Shri Sai Leela, Year I, Ashvin Shaké 1845 / vol. 8 Translated into English by

Jyoti Ranjan Raut

8/A Kakad Estate, 106 Sea Face Road, Worli

------Baba Farid

Offline fatima

• Blessings 16
    « Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 08:50:06 AM »
  • Publish
  • Some experiences of Sai by eminent lawyer Shri Vaman Chintaman Muke Vakil, Pimpalgaon Baswant, District Nasik, written on

11/7/1921 from Panchavati :

My spiritual Guru Sri Samarth Raghunath Maharaj alias Kaka Puranik Dhopeshwar (Rajapur,dist.Ratnagiri) guided me towards the worship of God. I spent some time everyday in worshipping my Guru.  With his blessings I was inspired to read the Dnyaneshwari.  He introduced me to a devotee of Sant Dnyaneshwar who has mentioned his boundless love towards his Guru Nivrittinath in the Dnyaneshwari.  All his devotees know that.  In the 13th chapter of the Dnyaneshwari ‘Acharyopasana’ Sant Dnyaneshwar says there is no knowledge without the blessings of a Guru.  Since my Guru had taken Samadhi , I felt had not been able to serve at my Guru’s feet.   My spiritual Guru Kaka Maharaj Puranik encouraged me to visit Shirdi and take Baba’s darshan.  I followed his advice and reached Shirdi.  Sai Baba immediately involved me in Guru Bhakti. (Devotion to the Guru).  Seeing my dedication, he blessed me by touching his book about Sagunopasana and a photo of Sai himself.

I stay at Pimpalgaon Baswant, Taluka Niphad and am a lawyer by profession.  About six years ago I built a small bungalow on my farm due to plague in the village.  I lived there with my family. While staying there I used to regularly pray to Sai Baba, morning and evening. 

Once, at mid-night, some robbers broke the northern wall of my bungalow. Sai’s photo was just inches away from where they broke in.  Out of the four robbers, one came in through the gap, stole a small chest and passed it through the opening to his accomplices.  There were notes worth two hundred rupees, a rupee and some small coins in it. There were also some promissory notes worth about Rs.4000/- .  Opposite Sai Baba’s photo there was a trunk kept on a bench. There was gold jewellery worth Rs.3500/-, silver utensils worth Rs.500/- and valuables worth Rs.10,000/- in it.  As soon as the robber touched the trunk, my sister-in-law , who was sleeping next to the trunk was awakened and she screamed ‘Chor! Chor!’ with fear.  I was fast asleep and did not hear her.  Suddenly Baba came in my dream and said, ‘‘Your trunk is gone, wake up !’’

I jumped up with a start and with Baba’s motivation took a stick and said, ‘‘Hit this one !’’ Hearing my words the robber jumped out of the opening and ran away. With all this commotion, the watchman, the dog, the clerk and the servant got up and with the hullabaloo they created the robbers ran away. I remembered the Shloka from the Bhagvad Geeta and prostrated myself in front of the benevolent Sai.

‘‘Ananyaschintayanto mam ye janaha paryupasate

Tersha nityabhiyuktanam yagakshem vahamyaham’’

Till then we did not know that our chest was stolen. I sent my man to the police station to inform the officer-in-charge about the attempted house-break. When the police asked for a written complaint, I looked for the chest and realised it was stolen. But, I was not bothered with this loss. When the police left it was almost sunrise. Just then, a farmer who worked on our farm informed us that the stolen chest was abandoned in the farm a furlong away. I immediately went and recovered the chest. The robbers had taken all the cash; but the rest was intact. Since the chest had easily opened, it was not damaged.

Early next morning, I dreamt of Baba. In it was offering my services at His feet. His noble disciple, Abdul and another fair and radiant Fakir were with Him. After dreaming of Sai, I felt a desire to visit Shirdi for Baba’s Darshan. I left the very same evening by train and reached Shirdi the following morning. When I saw Sai coming out of the village for His daily ablutions, I prostrated muself in front of Him. He kindly told me and others with me to go into Shirdi. There I stayed at Baba’s loving devotee, Shri Hari Sitaram Dikshit’s bungalow. After some time, when I went to the Masjid for Baba’s Darshan, I saw the same Fakir I had seen in my dream. When I inquired about him, I came to know that he was Abdul’s Guru. Isn’t it amazing I saw the same Fakir in person that I had seen in my dream a day ago at Pimpalgaon ?

A third miracle occurred some days later, when Brahmachari Buva of Kopargaon remembered me and came to stay with us at our bungalow in Pimpalgaon. We lovingly worshipped him for three days. Before leaving Buva said that the money stolen would be returned.

A few months later the robbers and the money-lender who bought the stolen goods were caught. Some of the currency notes stolen from us were found in the money-lender’s house. Since the robbers confessed that the notes were the ones they had stolen from our house, Rs. 65/- of the total Rs. 200/- stolen were recovered and returned to us by the police
    Saidas

Vaman Chintaman Muke Vakil,

Pimpalgaon Baswant, District Nasik.

– Shri Sai Leela, Year 1, Volume III,

Jyeshtha, Shaka 1845

------Baba Farid

Offline adwaita

• Blessings 12
      • Heaven
    « Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 05:19:23 AM »
  • Publish
  • Thank you so much fatima ji for this wonderful job. You are a blessed child of baba. All the posts are a treasure for us, especially the one's before 1918. Baba always be with you. om sai ram.

Facebook Comments