Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Interesting Experiences  (Read 18402 times)

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
    • Sai Baba
Re: Interesting Experiences
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2007, 02:25:09 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

KHAPARDE'S SHIRDI DIARY
    1911, 5 December Friday

Madhavrao Deshpande was very obliging & helped us & treated us like guests. There are in the Wada Tatyasaheb Nulkar with his family, Bapusaheb Jog and Babasaheb Sahasrabuddhe. We all went to see Sayin Maharaj soon after our arrival. He was in the masjid. After salutations I & my son offered the fruits brought by us & gave some money at his request.

The Sayin Saheb then said that he has not been well for the last two years & more, that he used to eat only barley cake & take a little water. He showed his foot and pointed to a small sore, said it was the string worm, that it was extracted but the string snapped & then it reappeared & so on. He said he heard that it would not be well with him till he went to his native town. He said he kept it in view but that was all, he cared more for his people than even for his own life. He said he found no rest as people troubled him. It could not be helped. Then he told us to withdraw which we did.

Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!
    Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!

kavita
    OM SAI NAMO NAMAHA SRI SAI NAMO NAMAHA
    JAI JAI SAI NAMO NAMAHA SADGURU SAI NAMO NAMAHA

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #106 on: February 01, 2007, 05:13:33 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

KHAPARDE'S SHIRDI DIARY
    1911, 5 December Friday

Continuation…

Towards evening he passed by the wada and we went and saluted him. I and Madhavrao Deshpande were together. After we saluted he said “Go to the wada and sit quiet.” So I and Madhavrao returned. We all sat talking. They have many miracles to relate. I, Baba and Babasaheb Sahasrabuddhe had something to eat at night and after I returned to bed, a strange thing happened.

The wife of Das Ganu who has written the “Arvachim Sant lilamrit” and who is known as Tai came and lay down by my side. I do not know how long she lay like that. When I woke up I found her and was very much surprised. I requested her to go and from what she said I made out that she was insane. So I woke up Madhavrao Deshpande who took her to another part and told her to sleep there on pain of being beaten.

kavita

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #107 on: February 04, 2007, 09:39:01 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

KHAPARDE'S SHIRDI DIARY
    1911, 11 December Monday
    Shirdi

The prayer this morning was a very pleasant and after it I felt quite elevated. Then I sat explaining the first few verses of Panchadasi to Dattatreya Chitnis. He is a very nice man. Then we visited Sayin Maharaj both as he went out and after he returned. He gave me the chillam very often & grapes that RadhaKrishnabai presented. He gave grapes twice to my son Balvant.

In the afternoon I heard that he was cleaning the Masjid. So I did not attempt to go that side. All the people brought a deputation to Sayin Maharaj to get rid of the plague. He advised them to clean the roads, sweep the tombs and burning & burial ghats and to feed the poor. I spent the whole afternoon reading daily papers and talking to Chitnis & others. Upasani is composing something. In the evening we saw Sayin Maharaj near Chavadhi & again attended the Sheja-Arti, after which Chitnis his Engineer friend & another went away. I intend retiring early.

kavita

kavita

Offline renuraj

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #108 on: February 05, 2007, 11:07:28 PM »
  • Publish
  • baba u made me happy after reading this.u made my belief more stronger on u.definetly i will be blessed with a gud child.
    baba please bless us.
    omsaisrisaijaijaisai

Vijay Kumar Raja.Grandhi
    Vijay Kumar Raja.Grandhi

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #109 on: February 15, 2007, 09:24:11 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM
    The Story of Padukas under the Neem Tree

A devotee of Akkalkot Maharaj by name Bhai Krishnaji Alibagkar worshipped the photo of Akkalkot Maharaj. He once thought of going to Akkalkot (Sholapur District), taking the darshana of the Padukas (foot-prints) of the Maharaj and offering his sincere worship there; but before he could go there, he got a vision in his dream.

Akkalkot Maharaj appeared in the vision and said to him - "Now Shirdi is my resting place, go there and offer your Worship." So Bhai changed his plan and came to Shirdi, worshipped Baba, stayed there for six months and was happy. As a reminiscence of this vision etc., he prepared the Padukas and installed them on an auspicious day of Shravan, Shaka 1834 (1912 A.D.) under the Neem tree with due ceremonies and formalities, conducted by Dada Kelkar and Upasani.

One Dixit Brahmin was appointed for worship, and the management was entrusted to devotee Sagun.

To be Contd.........

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #110 on: February 26, 2007, 02:54:27 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

continuation...

Complete Version of this Story 

Mr. B.V. Deo, Retired Mamalatdar of Thana, and a great devotee of Sai Baba, made enquired about this matter with Sagun Meru Naik and Govind Kamlakar Dixit and has published a full version of the Padukas in Sai Leela Vol. 11, No. 1, page 25. It runs as follows:

In 1834 Shaka (1912 A.D.) one Doctor Ramarao Kothare of Bombay came to Shirdi for Baba's darshana. His compounder; and his friend, Bhai Krishnaji Alibagkar, accompanied him. The compounder and Bhai became intimate with Sagun Meru Naik and G.K. Dixit. While discussing things, these persons thought that there must be some memorial of the fact of Sai Baba's first coming to Shirdi and sitting under the holy Neem tree.

They thought of installing Baba's Padukas there and were going to make them of some rough stones. Then Bhai's friend, the compounder, suggested that if this matter be made known to his master, Dr. Ramarao Kothare, who would prepare nice Padukas for this purpose.

Contd....

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #111 on: March 01, 2007, 11:21:14 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

Complete Version of this Story 

continuation...

All liked the proposal and Dr. Kothare was informed of it. He came to Shirdi and drew a plan of the Padukas. He went to Upasani Maharaj in Khandoba's temple, and showed him his plan. The latter made many improvements, drew lotuses, flowers, conch, disc, man etc., and suggested that the following SHLOKA (verse) regarding Neem tree's great ness and Baba's Yogi powers be inscribed. The verse was as follows:

"Sada Nimbarvrikshasya mooladhiwasat,
    Sudhasravinam tiktamapi-apriyam tam,
    Tarum Kalpavrikshadhikam sadhayantam
    Namameeshwaram Sadgurum Sai Natham"

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #112 on: March 07, 2007, 08:05:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

Upasani's suggestions were accepted and carried out. The Padukas were made in Bombay and sent to Shirdi with the compounder. Baba said that they should be installed on the Pournima (15th) of Shravan. On that day at 11 a.m., G.K. Dixit brought them on his head from Khandoba's temple to the Dwarkamai (Masjid) in procession. Baba touched the Padukas, saying that these are the feet of the Lord and asked the people to instal them, under foot of the Neem tree.
    A day before, one Parsi devotee of Bombay named Pastha Shet sent Rs.25/- by money order. Baba gave this sum for the installation of the Padhukas. The total expense of installation came up to Rs.100/- out of which Rs.75/- were collected by subscriptions. For the first 5 years, G.K. Dixit worshipped the Padukas daily and then this was done by Laxman Kacheshwar Jakhadi. In the first five years, Dr. Kothare sent Rs. 2 per month for lighting and he also sent the railing round the Padukas. The expense of bringing the railing from the station to Shirdi (Rs. 7-8-0) (presently Rs.7.50p) and roofing was paid by Sagun Meru Naik. Now, Jakhadi (Nana Pujari) does the worship and Sagun Meru Naik offers the naivaidya and lights the evening lamps.

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #113 on: March 11, 2007, 08:31:31 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

Complete Version of this Story....

Bhai Krishnaji was orginally a devotee of Akkalkot Maharaj. He had come to Shirdi at the installation of the Padukas, in Shaka 1834 on his way to Akkalkot. He wanted to go to Akkalkot after taking the darshana of Baba. He asked Baba's permission for this. Baba said - "Oh, what is there in Akkalkot? Why do you go there? The incumbent Maharaj of that place is here, Myself." Hearing this Bhai did not go to Akkalkot. He came to Shirdi off and on, after the installation of the Padukas.

Mr. B.V. Deo concluded that Hemadpant did not know these details. Had be known them, he would not have failed to depict them in his Sat-charita.

JAI SAI RAM

kavita

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #114 on: April 06, 2007, 10:49:54 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

Baba Manifested Himself and Helped devotee

Baba manifested Himself and helped Shri Chandulal M. Mehta and his wife Smt. Manubai residing at Kadia KaveesWAr Pole, near Bala Hanuman House No. 579, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.....

In February 1953, my wife Smt. Manubai went to Sri Sai Baba Mandir at Therkanbhuvan along with her lady friends. Her friends told her that the Almighty Baba fulfils the wishes of the devotees irrespective of caste, colour or creed.

On the following Thursday, my wife went with our younger son Mukesh to the same Mandir with a coconut during the evening aarati. After the aarati, the temple pujari distributed prasad which was composed of different types of eatables. My wife received some groundnuts as prasad; but she was unhappy as some others got pedhas.

Thinking that pedhas were given to selected persons, she was returning home via Kaveeswar Pole Naka. On the way, an unknown person approached her with a bag in his hand saying, “Your husband has sent this prasad. Please keep it in your bag !” He then put the prasad in her bag and went away.

At that time, I was in the office. When I reached home, my wife told me about the prasad I sent through an unknown person. I was surprised as I knew nothing about it. We realised it was Baba’s leela to fulfil the wishes of my wife. We became devotees of Sai after this incident.

In 1948, I performed the marriage of my elder brother Shri Naveen M. Mehta for which I borrowed Rs. 50,000/-.

I was repaying the debt from my salary. Since he was not an earning member, nobody was willing to give their daughter in marriage to my elder brother and thus he was not married before me. My wife used to solve the crossword puzzle in the Gujarati news-paper Jansatta. In April 1953, she solved the puzzle no. 6 as usual.

At that time, I still had to repay a debt of Rs. 3,333/- out of the Rs. 50,000/- I had borrowed. By Baba’s grace my wife won a prize of Rs. 3,333/- in the puzzle. Nothing less, nothing more ! Was it not a miracle of Sri Sai Baba to relieve me from my debt ?

In the Bhadrapad month of 1953, the annual shraddh ceremony of my father and father-in-law came on the same day. As I had to attend the office, I could not visit my in-law’s house that day. My children were at school. At about 4 p.m., a man who perfectly resembled my father-in-law visited our house with a khaki coloured bag which he handed over to my wife and went away. The bag contained some raw vegetables, udi and Rs. 1.25/-.

When I came home, my wife gave me this news. I wondered, how my father-in-law who had died in 1950 in Jaipur could visit my house in Ahmedabad in 1953 ! Was it not the wonderful leela of Baba to fulfil my wishes ?

In 1954, I went to Shirdi with my family intending to stay for a day and return. But owing to heavy rains, I was forced to stay for three days in Shirdi. When I returned to Ahmedabad, I had the good fortune to meet His Holiness Sai Sharan Anand, Baba’s intimate devotee.

I used to visit him now and then and soon became his staunch devotee. My wife gave daily bhiksha (alms) to the Swamiji.

In 1958, when Swamiji had gone to Mumbai, my wife went to Shirdi via Dadar by herself. At the railway station, there was a big crowd and she was not in a state to get a seat. At that time, an old man came and asked her for her chaddar (bed-sheet).

Though she was in doubt initially, she eventually gave it to him. The old man disappeared into the crowd. After a while he returned as the train came into the station and told her to get into a particular compartment. When she obeyed, she found her chaddar there and the old man helped her to put in her luggage in the compartment.

When she turned towards the platform to pay him, he went away without asking for anything. Wasn’t it indeed a miracle of Baba to help her in her hour of need ?

In 1980, between the 10th and 15th of March, a man wearing a silk shirt and dhoti came and handed over a packet to my wife, sometime between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. My wife asked him to wait; but he went away without saying anything.

When she opened the packet, it contained four and a half railway reservation tickets from Ahmedabad to Manmad by Navjeevan Express with the names of all our family members. When I returned from the office, my wife handed them over to me. I was astonished to see them and upon inquiry at the railway station found them to be correct.

I was sure that it was none other than Baba Who had given them.
    I asked His Holiness Sai Sharan Anandji. He advised me to proceed to Shirdi, as per Baba’s wish. Accordingly we went to Shirdi utilising the tickets upto Manmad.

Once again in 1981, between the 10th and 15th of March, a man came and threw a packet in our house between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. My father opened it and there were four and a half railway reservation tickets from Ahmedabad to Manmad as well as udi. We once again visited Shirdi, as per Baba’s wishes, utilising the tickets upto Manmad.

In 1982, for the third time, on 12th March, between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. a man like a rikshawala came and gave a packet to my wife and went away. When she opened it, she once again found four and a half reservation tickets from Ahmedabad to Manmad. We once again visited Shirdi by utilising the tickets upto Manmad.

On March 15, 1983, my wife and daughter went for darshan of the Samadhi of His Holiness Sai Sharan Anand, who had expired on 25th August, 1982. They offered prasad to the pujari (sevak) there. When he gave them prasad from a white plastic jar which was there, a packet came in his hand which he handed over to my wife.

When opened, it was found that there were four and a half railway reservation tickets from Ahmedabad to Manmad with the date of journey 30th April 1983. Mentioned this time, instead of my name, my son’s name was on one of the tickets viz. Nitin C. Mehta. I had utilised these tickets for the past three years i.e. in 1980, 1981, 1982. This time I decided to retain these tickets as Baba’s prasad and came to Shirdi on April 30, 1983 of my own accord.

The following tickets were preserved by me from March 15, 1983. Reservation tickets from Ahmedabad to Manmad by Navjeevan Express, compartment no. S13, seats from 55 to 59. Journey to commence on 30.4.1983.

Railway Railway Name Compartment
    Reservation Fare No. S13
    Ticket No. Ticket No. & Seat No.
    1. 59083 3623 Nitin C. Mehta 55
    2. 59084 3624 Manubai Mehta 56
    3. 59085 3625 Vihangini Mehta 57
    4. 59086 3626 Chaki@Anita Mehta 58
    5. 59087 00453 child Baba (Rachit) 59

Dear readers, please think over the sort of help beloved Baba had given in this case.
    Source: DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES AFTER BABA’S MAHASAMADHI ON 15th OCTOBER, 1918 from book entitled ‘AMBROSIA IN SHIRDI’ written by Shri Ramalingam Swami, inspired by Sri Sivanesan Swamiji of Shirdi.

Source from a Sai devotee.

JAI SAI RAM!

kavita

Offline adwaita

• Blessings 12
      • Heaven
    « Reply #115 on: April 07, 2007, 12:10:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • Dear kavitha didi,

Thank you very much for posting this wonderful experience by one of our sai devotees. Half of the credit goes to you for collecting all these stories and making them available for us. A section like this is so useful for people like me who always browse our only website. I once again thank you for searching all the stories and posting them over here. May baba always bless you. om sai ram.

Gayatri.

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #116 on: April 09, 2007, 04:49:00 AM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

BHIVPURI SAI TEMPLE - THE FIRST EVER SAI TEMPLE

Sri Sai Baba has become a part of the mainstream of Indian spiritual and temporal life within a short period of attaining mahasamadhi.

We can now see Sai temples not only in the big cities but also in small towns and villages of India, and more and more temples are being built. In this and subsequent issues we will investigate the details and stories behind these temples, built not only in this country but also abroad.

In this issue we will learn about the Sai temple built at Bhivpuri 1916, when Sri Sai Baba was still in his physical body.

Bhivpuri Road is a small railway station which comes before Karjat on the train route from Mumbai to Pune. If one gets out at this station and looks right towards the fields, a temple spire is clearly visible. This is the Sai temple at Bhivpuri. It is a short walk across the fields to the temple.

Contd...

Jai Sai Ram

kavita

Offline adwaita

• Blessings 12
      • Heaven
    « Reply #117 on: April 09, 2007, 01:07:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • Kavitha ji....

You are such blessed soul ...as i was reading your posts something struck me .....i was talking to Sai the night before yesterday and seeing his answers in his book ....as usual i asked him when we will get children and he gave me a number...the answer that he gave me was very touching...he said "i have taken care of my children very well and have given you when the time comes ...i have done so much to you dont i know when to give you what you are asking "i was taken back by this answer and asked apologies to Sai telling him taht after all i am human and bound to be a ajnani....

Sai Ram

Dear swetha ji,

i heard about the book, ur ques and sai answrs but i dont knw that much about tht book. i will be happy if you could please explain me about that book and how do we work upon it. im passing through a difficult situation in my life. still waiting for babas blessings. om sai ram.

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #118 on: April 09, 2007, 09:52:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

BHIVPURI TEMPLE - THE FIRST EVER SAI TEMPLE

This temple has a very interesting history. The story behind its construction reveals the astonishing manner in which Baba pulls his devotees to him. It is unbelievable but nevertheless true that the founder of the temple, the late Sri Keshav Ramachandra Pradhan, was initially an atheist. Sri Pradhan was working for a Parsee gentleman of Mumbai as a pedhi (a collector of debts owed to his employer). He lived in Bhivpuri and would commute to Mumbai to work. In the course of his job he would frequently go to Manmad, Nasik and Kopergaon.

Pradhan had a close friend who was a devotee of Sai Baba. He would often go to Shirdi and return after having darshan of (seeing) Sri Sai Baba. Once, Pradhan visited his friend when he was about to leave for Shirdi. He asked Pradhan to accompany him and to have Baba’s darshan. Pradhan, who had no belief in God or Godmen, initially refused to go with him. Finally, however, he gave in to his friend’s persuasion and agreed to go, but not to set foot inside the mosque where Baba lived. His friend accepted the compromise and they set out for Shirdi together. The friends reached Shirdi and stayed in the wada. As it was time for the noon arati, Pradhan’s friend went to the mosque but Pradhan stayed in the wada. The bell rang from the mosque for the arati and Pradhan could hear it from his room. The deep gongs of the bell stirred him as never before. He was enchanted by the sound and unknowingly started walking to the mosque from where this heavenly sound was issuing forth.

Contd...
    Jai Sai Ram
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 10:00:47 PM by Kavitaparna »

kavita

Facebook Comments