Join Sai Baba Announcement List

DOWNLOAD SAMARPAN - Nov 2018

Author Topic: Interesting experinces of the Tarkad family  (Read 60446 times)

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
    • Sai Baba
Re: Interesting experinces of the Tarkad family
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 03:02:45 PM »
  • Publish
  • Sai's Golden Test

Baba enquired with my father whether he is seeing anything. My father then replied that it is some metallic object and it is shining. Then Baba told him "Bhau that metal . nothing but Gold and you can take as much as you want." Then my father told him that "Baba I do not want this. With your blessings we have everything and I do not come to Shirdi with the intention of getting such materialistic returns from you."

Then Baba cautioned him stating that "Bhau this is Goddess Laxmi, She is pleased with you and once you decline her boon she will never ever come back to you, atleast not in this birth. So please rethink". Then my father told him that "Baba you are putting me to some acid test and I will not fall prey to this 'Maya' and once your blessings are there with me then I can live a peacefully comfortable life without this 'Maya'. Then Baba moved the mud back in its place and then both returned to Dwarkamai.

One interesting thing happened at that time. One of the natives of Shirdi had seen what was happening at the bank of the rivulet. He guessed that SaiBaba had shown some buried treasure to my father over there. He decided to visit that place late at night and dig the same and unearth the treasure. Accordingly he got up at midnight to venture for the treasure hunt. But alas! No sooner had he laid his hands to pick up the crow bar than a scorpion stung him on his fingers and he was uncomfortable throughout the night.

By morning the pain was unbearable so wisely he decided to go to Saibaba and pleased guilty. He had realized that he cannot disclose his last nights plan of treasure hunt to any one other than Baba. When he entered Dwarkamai he was in severe pain. My father was present there. He saw the native was pleading to Baba with guilt and was saying that he will never ever commit such a sin again but was requesting Baba to relieve him from the agonizing pain.

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 03:05:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • Sai's Golden Test

due to the scorpion sting. Baba then told him that the one who was destined to have the treasure declined to take it, which does not mean that any other person can get it. In this world the Lord has made a rule that each one will get according to his own 'Karma' and if one tries to break this rule then he is bound to get punished from the Lord. My father understood the conversation. Baba then applied his sacred 'Udi' to the scorpion-stung finger of that native and told him not to misbehave in future. He blessed him that Lord will relieve him out of this agonizing pain.

So such was the 'Golden Test' my father was put through to at Shirdi and I think he was successful in the same because he did not fall a Prey to 'Maya'. But one thing was certain that in his future career he could not accumulate wealth. Goddess Laxmi had refrained from going to him and his financial status was so but we shall not go into that history.

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 03:08:27 PM »
  • Publish
  • Memorable Last Meeting with Sai

I have completed narrating the live experiences of Tarkhad family with Lord Sai. One can now affirmatively say that the Tarkhad family was destined to come in contact with Lord Sai and this had taken place because of their "POORVAPUNYAI"(good deeds in their previous birth.) One peculiarity you must have noticed that they were never required to ask for anything from Baba. Although their first visit was to get relief on a biological ailment but even during this visit they were not required to declare the purpose of their visit. Baba could read their mind with pinpoint accuracy and shower his blessings on them in order to bring them closer to him. In the course of time their bond went on becoming stronger and stronger and now I sincerely pray that this should last till the end of this world.

I think it must be the year 1918 and Navaratri days because Baba took his mahasamadhi on Vijayadashmi day seven days later after granting Mukti to ailing Tiger. Baba had-become very old and he would walk with the help of two devotees one on each side of him. One evening after placing the Petromax lanterns in their required places my father had noticed that Baba was looking very tired. He asked Baba whether he could press his legs in order to give him some relief and comfort. Baba then said "As you have expressed the desire you may proceed and satisfy your self”  My father then sat near his feet. After a little while Baba turned to him
    and said "Bhau this is our last meeting and we will not meet after this, As you know many kinds of people come to Shirdi and ask different kinds of grant like Sampatti (wealth), Santatti (children), Swastha (good health) etc from me.

I do not displease any one and Lord on their behalf. My Lord responses positively to my prayers and grant them their requirements. You are one person I have come across who has not asked for anything. Possibly you are not married and Having no family hence not feeling any need for anything. But Bhau, since we will not meet anymore please ask for anything you desire otherwise I will always feel indebted to you for all services you have tendered to me so far." My father then said "Baba with your grace I have everything in life and I really do not need any materialistic thing.

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 03:10:31 PM »
  • Publish

Only make sure your blessings are always there with me and under no circumstances you should fed away from my memory in future (HECHI DAAN DEGA DEVATUZHA VISAR NA VHAVA)". Then Baba said "Bhau I am in any case duty bound towards my devotees and I am asking you to ask something personally for yourself because each individual has his/her separate identity and needs some external help to successfully sail through his/her lifecycle.

Please feel free and ask?" My father realized that it was an acid test for him, so he said" Baba now that you are emphasizing so much hence before I ask, you promise me that you will positively grant me my wish. 'Then Baba said "Bhau I have_granted the wishes of so many, hence you should not have a least doubt in me, you ask and I grant" Then my father said "Baba I need-Only one from you. Put me to any birth and I must be able to see your feet.""Baba was then silent for some time He broke His silence saying" "Bhau I am not able to grant this wish of yours." My father then said "Baba I was not asking for anything and you only forced me into this and I do not need anything other than this from you." Then Baba gave a smile and said

"Bhau so many people come to Shirdi but very few are like you who have completely understood me. By your wish you want to bind me up for ever and I do not have such permission from my Lord to get bound like this with anyone. However you need not get disappointed. I promise you that in our next birth when we are ten years old we will be sitting together and eating in one Thali (plate)". "My father then said "Baba as you wish. In  short Baba promised him to meet again in the next birth.

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 03:13:40 PM »
  • Publish

My father was satisfied and he prostrated before him instantly. Baba lifted him and then dropped his hand in the pot of Udi next to him and offered him a handful and said "Bhau please preserve this with utmost care and use it very sparingly as it contains enormous power of even putting life back into any body." It was the time for evening Aarati. My father had a very contended feeling at that time. At the same time he was rather sad because Baba had declared that it was their last meeting.

Next day Baba asked him to leave for Mumbai. On reaching home he informed his parents what all had taken place at Shirdi. They brought a small silver box and filled it with Udi, which they valued like Nectar given to them by God himself. I remember that if any one of us use to fall seriously ill then my father would take a small quantity and put it in the water and offer us to drink in order to get well. One thing is certain that during his lifetime none of his seven children passed away.

Dear Sai devotees my father had gone through many ups and downs in his life. He had his own bungalow, car and everything that one craves for in life. But at later stage he lost interest in materialistic world. I have never seen him falling sick. He took ill at the age of 70 years and he passed away about which I would narrate to you later.

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 03:32:47 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

Dear Swetha Ji, Sai Ram!

Today's posts have made me ..... I have no words.
    Thank you Thank you Thank you........
    eagrely waiting for your posts daily.

Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!
    Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!  Om Sri  Sai Ram!

kavita
    OM SAI NAMO NAMAHA SRI SAI NAMO NAMAHA
    JAI JAI SAI NAMO NAMAHA SADGURU SAI NAMO NAMAHA

kavita

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 03:56:51 PM »
  • Publish
  • Kavita ji....

Sai Ram

As i have mentioned in the start of these posts these are direct experiences of the Tarkad family....you are more blessed than i am ....and frankly speaking you are my inspiration            

i felt everyone will enjoy the wonderful leelas of Sai ...i shall surely post new ones  again...Sai's blessings that he has made me post these experiences .....

Sai Ram

Offline Kavitaparna

• Blessings 9
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 04:09:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • OM SRI SAI RAM

Dear Swetha Ji, Sai Ram!

After I read your previous days' posts, I was freightened to even read that word "blood coated tonge"(on 30th Nov). On 2nd Dec. my husband went to Kolkata on his business work. This is his first ever trip to Kolkata. I stayed in Kolkata in 1987 and visited many places including Dakhineshwar Kali temple, Belur matt etc., but could not visit the Kali temple in Kalighat, Kolakta.

Though, I told him to visit Indian museum, Dakhineshwar, Belur(he is a fan of Swami Vivekananda), Victoria etc. he did not get time for any thing and could visit the Kali temple in Kalighat only - the most imp. of Kolkata and got a small laminated photo of Kali Maataji - with her blood coated tonue hanging out and with three eyes pose. Yesterday night only he reached Chennai very late at 1.10 am. Today morning, he handed over me the photo and other prasadam such as Sindhoor,etc.

The moment I saw the photo I remembered your post and was a little afraid to keep it in my pooja. Later, I gained a little courage and kept that photo near Baba's. After giving Aarti I feel better and prayed Maata Kali to destroy all the bad in and around us and give us all peace.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE. I FEEL BABA'S PRESENCE IN THIS HAPPENING SOME HOW.

kavita
    OM SAI NAMO NAMAHA SRI SAI NAMO NAMAHA
    JAI JAI SAI NAMO NAMAHA SADGURU SAI NAMO NAMAHA

kavita

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 04:15:04 PM »
  • Publish
  • See i told you kavitha ji that you are more blessed than i am ......30th i was doing my 6th vrat poojai....my hsuband went to the temple and got blessings from Sai on that day as he does every thrusday ....

on that day morning my friend and i had a discussion in keeping a shivan photo with goddes parvathi in my poojai room...she was telling me that we need to be more clean  when we keep that photo ...i told her i need the photo for my somvaar vratam that Sai wanted me to do ...it was in thru the book that Sai asked me to start the vratam and i was telling my friend that i can  do archana  only if i have the photo ... basically we are iyengars and cannot pray shiva according to our customs ....very typical followers dont pray  Lord shiva ...I could not resist Sai's command yet another dilema what to do....

Getting a photo and praying means direct surrender i dont know what my in laws will feel ad so on ...just as i completed my vratam poojai..my husband entered with a shivan photo and a Sai murthi....it was as if Sai  came in with shivan and parvathi...i was in utter tears and my husband thought that he had done something wrong ....he was apologising and i was crying....finally i told him the story and  he was taken back ....he told me that he felt like buying both an hence got nothing to do with my vratam ...since i felt that we did not have a shivan photo he got it  he saw a Sai murthi and got that too...

See Sai has his own ways to prove whatever happens in this world happens with his grace ...had not i felt for it and Sai would have not given   me a peice of his grace ...

Sai Ram

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 09:30:01 AM »
  • Publish
  • Gimmicks of Nanavali

There was a eccentric devotee of SaiBaba by name Nanavali. I am taking this liberty to term him as cranky because he use to perform very funny acts (monkey tricks), which use to annoy people and they use to complain to Baba about his misbehavior. Baba would then scold Nana stating that devotees would go away from Shirdi if he continues to misbehave. My father had different kind of admiration for Nanavali. He was suffering from hernia so much so that the grown up portion use to touch the ground and he use to walk in that fashion only. Sometimes he used to tie the pieces of cloth to his trousers at the back forming a long tail and then he use to jump like a monkey. All the children of the village use to get amused with his monkey tricks and then in that state he used to come running to Baba to save him torn the onslaught of the children. My father used to wonder as to how can this man in that state of hernia run so fast. He never thought pf him to be a mad person. Nanavali used to call my father by name Gawalya' and use to beg him for food. Then my father used to go to the eating, house run by Sagun and request him to feed him with sufficient food. According to my father Sai Baba and Nanavali was like a pair of Lord Ram and his ardent devotee Lord Hanuman. Nanavali once commanded Baba to allow him to sit on his seat. Baba responded positively to his call and got up from his seat and allowed Nanavali to occupy the same. Nanavali sat for a while on the seat and then got up saying, “Oh Lord only you can occupy this seat because it suits you, my right place is near your feet only”.  

You can all imagine what great guts Nanavali had to ask Baba to allow him to occupy his seat and also the enormous quantum of love that Baba extended to him and vacated his 'Asan' (seat) for beloved Nanavali. Offcourse the reason why my father use to reckon them as an equivalent pair of Lord Ram & Hanuman is different. Once Nanavali told my father "Hey Gawalya come with me and I will show you some fun". He then took my father to 'Chavadi' which is a little distance from Dwarkamai. Baba was sitting there in Chavadi. In no time Nanavali reduced his stature and made himself so small that he could fit in a 'Handi' (glass bowls which are tied with small ropes and hung onto the ceiling of the Chavadi) and then literally jumped up and went and sat up in one of the 'Handis'. Like a monkey he was sitting in the Handi and teasing my father. My father was astonished to see that act. It was unbelievable. It was nothing short of a miracle. How can Nanavali with that state of his body jump so high and make himself small enough to sit in that Handi. It was simply amazing and unbelievable. He then realized that Sai Baba and Nanavali are Avatar of Lord Ram and Lord Hanuman in Shirdi. He instantly prostrated in front of Baba there and then venerated Him.
    Dear Sai Devotee readers Nanavali was deep in sorrow after Baba had taken the Samadhi and on the thirteenth day he himself renounced this world. Nanavali's Samadhi is situated near the eastern entrance door of Lendi Baug. I always bow before it whenever I visit Shirdi. Millions of bows to Lord Sai and his amazing Leelas.

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 09:36:21 AM »
  • Publish
  • Shravan Monday -16th August 1965

From 1918 to 1965 a period of 47 years is quite a long time span and how did my father cruise through this long journey I would not like to state it to you all. My very purpose of writing this book is to narrate to you his experiences with SaiBaba of Shirdi and through which one can express his love and devotion towards Lord Sai. Of course during this time he got married to my mother who hailed from a place near Mumbai called Kelve Mahim. Her name was Laxmidevi Kelvekar. Also during this time my parents got acquainted with one of the great Saints of Maharashtra Saint GADGE MAHARAJ who directed my father to buy one bungalow for his own family.

Accordingly my father purchased a bungalow in Khar (situated at 51 E, Khar Pali Road) then and they all bid good-bye to Tata Blocks in the year 1923. As the name of Saint Gadge Maharaj has appeared during my narration I would like to place some facts about him in my next chapter. After his marriage my father had taken my mother to Shirdi only once and had given her the detailed account of his earlier life and association with Lord Sai. My mother was also a religious person. In short I now consider myself to be a lucky person to have God-fearing parents like them from whom I have imbibed "Good Sanskar" a rare commodity in 21st Century. My father was a very healthy person. I never saw him fall ill at any time, he not even suffered from common cold or cough. He had five daughters and two sons. He fulfilled his duty of marriage of his five daughters and could not see the marriages of his two sons.

It was the month of July 1965. He had taken ill, had severe bronchitis followed by a catch in the waist, which forced him to lie-down in bed. We all thought it to be signs of old age. I was studying in the final year of B.E. in VJTI Engineering College and my elder brother Ravindra was working in the same textile mills from where my father had retired. In those days my mother used to suffer from all kinds of illness like Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma etc. She used to get serious at times whereby we were required to put her on oxygen. In fact we use to keep one oxygen cylinder handy at home all the time. My father was in great pain and initially doctors had diagnosed as Lumbago. I use to apply Wintogeno or MahaNarayan oil to his waist, which use to give him some relief. He used to feel very sad that we were required to nurse him. He had never ever asked us to even press his legs & hence he use to feel terrible to be a bed ridden person.

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 09:37:31 AM »
  • Publish

Once he asked me whether he would come out of his sickness. I 'remember to have told him to give a distress call to his Baba who could only come to his rescue. But this did not happen. His condition worsened and under the advice of Dr.Joshi we were required to admit him in Nanavati Hospital at Santacruz. My mother was totally duty bound in extending all nursing assistance to him. She had completely forgotten that she was herself a patient. She used to take morning tea and breakfast to him and then again in the evening take dinner for him. I use to inquire with her after returning from college about his health. She would say that not much of improvement but he has not lost any of his senses.

I think he was hospitalized for about a week. My mother would daily give him the sacred Udi, which Baba had given him along with his cup of tea every morning. Then came the 16th August that was a Monday in the month of Shravan as per Marathi calendar. My mother told my brother and me to return home early as we use to take dinner early before Sunset on all Shravan Mondays. I returned from college in the afternoon. While going to Hospital, she said that today is a crucial day. If your Dada goes through it then he will survive for at least one more year. I asked her why was she saying like that She replied that she had learnt from her mother in law that Shravan Monday is unlucky day for the men folk of Tarkhad family as most of them had died on that day.

Now what happened when she reached hospital? Around 3.30 p.m. she gave a cup of tea to my father which she used to carry in the thermos my father was a tea addict. He felt better and around 4 p.m. he once again asked for tea from my mother. My mother told him that only half an hour ago she had given him the tea and as it was Shravan Monday she would go home early. At 5.00 p.m. she would give him the tea and then would leave for home.

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 09:38:47 AM »
  • Publish

But my father insisted that she should give him the tea as he was seeing something, which is not very clear. My mother told him not to worry and she gave him the Mala of Tulsi beeds in his hand and asked him to pray for Baba. She also applied the sacred Udi on his forehead. No sooner he took the first sip of tea he started telling my mother that someone is calling but he can't see the face clearly and make out who the person was. My mother then told him that we are only two people present in this room and he should do "BABA'S JAPA" with the Tulsi Mala.

He then started murmuring Baba's name. For a short while his face had turned brighter. The agony of pain had disappeared and he almost shouted saying "Baba I am coming to you"(BABA MEE ALO). These were the last words and he was lifeless. This was his end. I think he must have seen Baba at that time. What a way to die!! They say that each living being suffers a lot when life "PRANA"(soul) leaves this body. However my father died by saying "Baba I am coming to you." So this way Baba had taken away his Bhau with him. I admire the courage of my mother who returned home alone.

She told us that your Dada had left for Heavenly abode. Please inform all concerned and make preparations for his last journey. I remember when in school we had a lesson the title of which was "MARANATA KHAROKHARA JAGA JAGATE"(One Lives The Real Life In One's Death). Dada had proved this title one hundred percent. My mother normally was a very emotional person but she did not shed even a drop of tear. May be she was overwhelmed with that unprecedented sight of death or may be there were strict orders from Baba to those tears not to flow on that day. So the dictum of my grandmother had come true on that Shravan (name of Hindu Month) Monday of 16th August 1965.

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 01:37:45 PM »
  • Publish
  • Experiences with Saint Gadge Maharaj

As stated earlier I am going to make an attempt by stretching my memory to reveal about one of the greatest Saints of Maharashtra Saint Gadge Maharaj. He used to visit our bungalow at Khar uninformed in the evening and then leave in the wee hours of the morning. I have seen him personally. He would were a robe made out of pieces of colorful cloth hemmed and stitched together and tie his head with a piece of cloth. Because of his this attire he was also known as GODHADI MAHARAJ or GODHADI BABA. He used to wear leather "Chadhav" as footwear and always carried a bamboo stick in his hand. The Bamboo stick had an iron cap at the bottom to protect it from wearing.

He was a very ardent devotee of Lord Vitthal (Vishnu) and would keep uttering Panduranga...Panduranga...all the time. I think Dasganu Maharaj who would spread Sai Mahima through his Kirtans all over Maharashtra introduced him to our family. The focus of attention of Saint GadgeMaharaj was mainly to provide all kinds of help to downtrodden people. He also used to teach them the importance of cleanliness and would demonstrate practically himself by sweeping the roads of the villages all over Maharashtra.

"Cleanliness is Godliness " was his teaching, which can only free the villages from epidemics and diseases used to be his message to all the villagers. Of course, in the process if he could get grants from wealthy people which he would collect and distribute' it to needy people of the villages.

Offline Swetha Suresh

• Blessings 0
      • Sai Baba
    « Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 01:40:50 PM »
  • Publish
  • Experiences with Saint Gadge Maharaj

After the Mahasamadhi of SaiBaba my grand father started donating the Tagas (rolls) of raw cloth to Saint Gadge Maharaj. My mother would stitch a "Godhadi" with her own hands and offer the same to GadgeBaba whenever he would visit our house. He would then bless her and carry the same for his personal use. I think love and affection which people of that time use to shower, is difficult to find these days.

As informed earlier Saint Gadge Maharaj was instrumental in forcing my father to buy a bungalow. He used to go around on foot most of the time and he had seen a bungalow at Khar Which my father had purchase outright for Rs. 15,0007- in the year 1923. At that time it was like a solitary structure in Old Khar and I remember we could see Railway station, Mount Mary Church etc. unobstructed from the terrace of our bungalow. Whenever GadgeBaba would arrive, he would order my mother who would then prepare special Roti of "Jwari" and "Zhunka" for him and that night we all would have "Zhunka Bhakar" dinner.

Believe in me the great taste of those items is cherished in my memory for- ever. After dinner Saint GadgeBaba would narrate his experiences gathered during his "Padayatras" to various villages. GadgeBaba was certainly not an ordinary person but another messenger of God. I will now narrate to you what divine experience my father had along with him during his visit to Pandharpur with him.

Facebook Comments